Midnight Forest

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
"Well, there's the easy, first learned mood magic. That's when, depending on the user's mood, the magic changes color and strength. There's dark and light magic. Light magic is regenerated or replenishes by sunlight, water, fire, and earth. Dark magic is regenerated or replenished from twisted sunlight, sunlight turned into darkness, and shadows. I mostly use mood magic because the other magic wears me down too much. I don't get to use my magic a lot. There are other things most people say are magic, but we call them skills. That's the teleporting, flying/hovering, ect. ect. So, what about you? Your like a plant sort of, right?"

"Oh I see....then I'm probably made of light magic...." he said more to himself than to Jay, "So why don't you get to use magic a lot? No one tries to fight you? Or was it because of Black Hawk?" He took off his hat so she could see his face better. It was modeled after a male head but had no features a human would and his eyes were just blue lights. It was a hassle to get the clothes off so he left them on, he also didn't really want anyone to randomly see him anyway. "Yeah as far as I know I'm just an enchanted plant, I've only been alive for five years according to human time. However I have learned quickly on the ways of people both human and non, thus my mind is older than my age." He hoped it didn't freak Jay out too much but he had a feeling it wouldn't for some reason.

"Well, there is one last magic and it's very rare, but it's elemental. You seem to fit that really well. The element catagory is where the user is really good with one element. In your case, it's Earth. Anyway, I never really need to use my powers. I've never had any othe reasons than Black Hawk." Jay sat at the edge of the river and dipped her feet in.

"Oh so I might have been created that way? Interesting...." He sat next to her but didn't put his feet in since he had boots on and he didn't need the water right now anyway. "So what are you going to do now, I mean since Black Hawk is dead?"

"Well, I think I'll work on developing my powers. Now that he's gone, more humans will want to wander into the forest, and so I'll need to help protect people like you and me." Jay stretches and leaned back against the bank, basking in the comforting sunlight.

"So you will become a defender of the people? That's good I might join you and maybe build an inn or something out here." he looked around and mapped out a small place too build said inn.

"Yep. Pretty much. I guess an in would be ok to build an inn." Jay pondered the idea.

Krise put his hand on the ground and sent some vines towards the trees. He made the trees and other plants grow into a rough shape of the inn. "What do you think?" He said with enthusiasm in his voice, he wondered if she would be surprised or not.

Jay smiled. "Hmmm. Well, that's a good start. What about if we add this?" Jay twisted her wrist and added a clear magic shield that turned the model invisible, then visible again. "It is triggered by the presence of a human. That way, they won't stumble into the inn."

"Wow that's amazing!! I didn't even know you could do that with magic. I guess there is a lot you can do huh?" He walked close to the inn and tried to figure out a way to make it look better.

"Yea, but every treasure has a price." Jay smiled weakly and turned her back to the model and watched the river race by.

"What do you mean by that? I know it taxes you mentally and physically but is there something else?" Krise looked at Jay then at the river she was watching.

Jay looked back at Kris. "Every person who is like me, only exists because someone has killed magic people. I was a regular child when Black Hawk killed my parents. Their magic made me whatever magical being I am. To make one being, four people have to be murdered. In my case, only two where. That made me half human. And yes, it does tax us physically, but for most people, it doesn't really do anything mentally." Jay shrugged her shoulders, her way of keeping control of herself. "The other price is that if the person has an extreme emotion of anger or sadness, their magic, if they use mood magic, will flare and attack the one causing the emotion." She gave a little laugh. "That's how I escaped when I was little. Black Hawk made himself do mad that his magic came back and knocked him unconscious."

"That's horrible....I wonder why that is though...extreme emotions backfires huh? I'll remember that when up against a magic wielder. Oh so that's how? Haha you gotta have control over your emotions if you wield magic." He thought of ways to taunt "magicians" so they would get angry or irritated so their mood magic would backfire. There was only a slight chance it would work though and it would be better if he knew their background to use those details against them.

Jay smiled. "Not all magicians, just mood magic. Usually, if you pay close attention, they always are looking for water or fire. And losing my parents wasn't as horrible as it sounds. I learned magic on a faster and bigger scale than most any other magic people things, whatever we're called."

"Oh ok....hm magic is pretty complicated. I guess you could look at it that way. Hm I'm wondering what to do about this inn though since I've only seen the outside of them." He tried to imagine what the inside of buildings looked like, he never went in because he was never invited.

"Yea. I still don't know half the stuff about magic." Jay walked over to the inn. "Well, most inns start with a lobby/main room. Then they have floors going up, each floor has a hallway and rooms lined on each side. When people walk into the inn, they check in and get a room in the lobby, and spend so many nights, then pay for their visit. At least, that's a rough draft, I think."

"I doubt anyone really knows everything about magic but I think even a little knowledge can help." As she described how the inn should look Krise put his hands down and influenced the trees and plants again. He made them grow and shape into the floors, some rooms on the top floors, a large lobby area on the ground floor and finally a vendor stand as you first walk in. It was the only thing that he ever saw outside that people bought items from. "Is this starting to look like an inn?" He questioned as he walked up to Jay and looked inside.

Jay smiled. "It's great." She walked around the lobby, using magic to add pictures and decorations. Suddenly, she stopped.

"Oh? Pictures from magic, interesting. Hey what's wrong?" Krise walked over to Jay and looked at her. She was just standing there and he didn't know if he should do anything or not.