Running
Photography
Skills:
High stamina
Bilingual in French and English
Quick thinker
Can tune out all distractions to the point where she has a one track mind
Very quick learner
Aptitude for photographic memory if the subject before her is interesting enough
Pros(5):
Cheerful
Loyal
Affectionate
Focused
Determined

Cons(5):
Tenacious
Bored easily
Nitpicky
Nonobservant
Blunt

Appearance:
freya_mavor_5690399647552c5b7624b_NnVSy86.sized.jpg
tumblr_lf3ajmvXUz1qg3w7yo1_500.png yGmeHDa.jpg

Bio:
Valerie was born and raised in Toulouse, France to a French father and an American mother and is the oldest child with a younger brother. Growing up, she was often a very awkward child, finding it very difficult to interact with others. She usually played by herself, enjoying the solitude because it was, as she described it, "not frustrating like everyone else." At the age of seven, she was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. It shed light on Valerie's personality and development in her early life. Her family remained very loving and supportive of her, taking her to recommended therapy and helped her get through the initial stigma that comes with being diagnosed. They made sure their daughter lived the most normal happy life she could have.

A prodigy in all things creative, especially painting, Valerie's works have been on display in various museums and art shows around France. Her art was so eye catching and praised all over the world, MIS sent her a letter of acceptance into their program, promising her the best of the best courses in their art program. More than excited, Val accepted the offer, and with her family's love, bid them farewell as she headed off to Australia to begin her life at MIS.

The Mercury Erudition Test Assessment (META)

Hello! Dear Mercury students, The Star and the Provosts would like to congratulate you on your enrollment here at MIS. We believe in enrichment not only of the values of learning and progression, but of oneself in the notion of being truly extraordinary. Hope you didn't study! The META is rather intuitive and provides insight as to the persona you share within your psychological, and emotional spectrum. Do not think too hard, nor too lightly, just answer with your instinct and intuition. There's also a 'surprise' in the test, so the best of luck! WELCOME TO MERCURY!

1. Scene: You're on a roller coaster, the wind brushing through your hair and aura with bliss. You look to your left and it's the person you love the most. They smile at you and thing couldn't be any better. The rail connecting to the ride chassis overhead snaps and severs connection, the rollercoaster is riding on one rail now. The screams fill your eardrums. Look to your left, see the face of terror, the face of impending death. The coaster turns a roundabout and flips over from the rail, losing course and braking just in time to not crash off and down into the ground hundreds of feet below. Look to your left, no one is there. Look at your feet, they are holding on for dear life. Your seat holder begins to snap. One tiny motion, you fall. You are off the edge, you cannot climb back, There are no screams. Just you, and them. What do you do?
This is scary. I'll keep looking for a way out. Although it looks bleak, there's still something right? Right? If I am extra careful, maybe I can grab them and avoid the broken holder. Yeah. Or if they are able to hold on for a while longer, we can wait until we get help. The sudden movements might make everything worse.

2. Promises: Do you break them?
I try not to, but sometimes it just slips out of my mind, you know. I sometimes forget I made such a promise and end up breaking them. I didn't mean to, I swear.

3. Inside a home you sit in a dim lit room. You were adopted, and your biological family decides to agree to the visit you requested. Your adoptive parents have been nothing but doting and loving your whole life. Your adoptive family sees you as blood. You meet the biological family. They are charming, they are loving, and they shed tears of joy as they embrace you in their arms. Siblings, parents, everyone just crying over you. Just you. The room lights up. The biological family wants you to come with them. Your adoptive family is extremely poor, the love has never been enough to pay for a stable life with luxury. Your biological family is very wealthy. They want you to live with them and start the life you were supposed to, they promised you your greatest dream that your adoptive family could never give you. What do you do?
This is iffy. On the one hand, if I stay with my biological parents, I can get anything I want. But on the other hand, I can stay with the people who raised me my entire life. Hmmm, perhaps something can be worked from this? I guess I would choose my adoptive family since they have been there for my entire life. They know about my disorder and accept me for it, I'm not sure how my biological parents would react if they found out. However, I would still like to keep in touch with my biological family. They're my family too, and they might still be able to help me get what I want; after all blood ties are still blood ties.

4. Day of your first date.You have a spouse. They begin to hold your hand in public. As you walk they wrap their arm around you as the public eyes you with desire. Your spouse territorial like keeps you close. Your spouse begins to kiss you aggressively, claiming you. The people show repulsed looks. What do you do?
Let them. Kissing is fun!

5. Enlightenment took a turn for the worse. Your father just had an affair on your mother with your favorite teacher. You saw them. You and your father are the best of friends also, he was your world before you saw him with your teacher. He confides in you and tells you to vow not to tell your mother. Your teacher leaves and moments later your mother comes home, happy and grateful to her family. What do you do?
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Dad having an affair?! NO WAY! He loves Mom too much to do that! . . . . Well, I guess if you really want an answer to this question. I would promise not to tell mom, but I think the moment mom comes in and says she is so happy to see us, I would break down and tell her the truth. I . . . . that's too much pressure for me, man.

6. Running on the fact your uncle has four nephews/nieces answer their names: Earth, Fire, Water, and ______ ?
Weird names. Air, right? Wind? I don't remember what it says on your brochure, but they're both the same so it's right either way. Is this test over yet? I'm kinda bored.

7. Zen: Categorize your personality alignment with the following terms associated with comic book characters: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil.
Isn't this from a game? Yeah, it's from a game! I think it's called Dungeons and Dragons right? Oh my God let me tell you about this one time my brother and his friends brought the game over to play. He was an Orc, I was an elf and his friends were trolls, a human, this weird little thing called a kender and it was a lot like playing Monopoly. Except it was a little more complicated and got weird in some parts and I think at one point I was able to get a pet chimera thingy and . . . .
(Neutral good)

[Loading Virtual-Cognition Protocol......]

((You are now in the actual situation. This is no longer written. You can barely separate reality from virtual simulation. You feel, you taste, you react.))

8. Nothing but sand. Sand dunes surround you, and a horde of other people all pile up at the bottom of the dune in a collection of cheerful screams as they chant your name. A man with a hat and glasses smiles at you as he pats your shoulder for you imminent service to the people. A lone wooden pillar stands at the top of the dunes, with a sweaty, dehydrated female tied to it, crying. He hands you a magnum, loaded with only one bullet. The crowd in front of you rages in your favor, respecting you for what you're about to do. She was accused of killing the people's president, stabbed him with a knife 71 times in his torso, or what's left of it. She was found in his room not even 10 minutes ago, the knife on the floor at her side. The man in the hat backs up as she writhes in anger at him, repeatedly yelling that she's going to kill him over and over again. She struggles to get free, the sweat pouring down her face of fatigue and her once pristine shirt now smothered and covered in sand and dust from the winds all around. Her tied hands weak and sore from the cloth trapping and binding them, covered in dust as well. The man in the hat raised his hand with a shout, as the crowd joins him in their excitement at the impending death of the seen anarchist. The female eyes you with tearful eyes of rage. Her adrenaline matches yours in a standoff of hearts. She breathes heavy, your heart pounds. You grip the magnum and?

It's so hot, sweat beading down my back and forcing my clothes to stick to my skin. The wind that blows is even comforting enough. People are behind me, yelling. They're too loud. I am handed a gun and the man tells me what to do, pointing at the woman. This woman was said to have killed our president, stabbing him more times than necessary. I didn't agree with how the president ran the place, but I definitely don't think he should have been stabbed that much. I look back at the crowd and they're just as loud as ever, throwing profanities at the woman. The woman yells back, threatening to kill the man who gave me the gun. He steps back and his shouts join the crowds. My hands shake as I raise the gun. Their cheers grow louder. It's like my hearing is on overdrive.

"Be quiet!" I yell back. I can't concentrate with all this noise. What if I miss? She tells me I am making a mistake. This is all wrong. Am I really making a mistake? Was she trying to save everyone?

The crowd gets louder. Soon all I am surrounded by is deafening sound. "Shut up!" I yell again, but it does nothing. What am I doing? I can't think. This is wrong! I need to concentrate. She murdered our president in cold blood!

Finally I toss the gun away and fall to the floor, clutching my head as I try to block out the screams.

[Next simulation]

9. You're falling to the ground from the window of a 20 story building, you have no parachute, no safety net. Nothing. Just the inevitable. Nothing to break your fall. Gravity is the same, as is physics. Nothing spontaneous is going to happen to you, just free falling mid-air. You....?

I scream, spinning until I am so dizzy I have no idea where I am going. Finally I accept my fate and as I turn to the sky, I see the clouds. And in those clouds I see shapes. Objects, animals: a dog, cat, bird and fish. I think there might be a rainbow among them too.

[Final simulation]

10. You awaken in the middle of a room on a pressurized plate, with no way out except through glass shutters in the four cardinal directions. The room is pale with cold stone all around. Cobwebs are thick and ridden all over the drab area, in fact you are wrapped in a web currently. You cannot walk, nor run, only hobble. Your mouth is concealed. However, behind those glass shutters are each of the corresponding: The east shutter contains nothing but the sky and clouds behind it, but a large, prowling falcon that stands at eight feet with a twenty foot wingspan eyes you with ferocity, ready for the shutter to lift. In the south shutter, behind it lies a dense jungle, with lush and thick plants and trees. You can see a Bengal step from the jungle, approaching the shutter, growling at you, mouth seeping drool. It scratches the glass in yearning desire to kill. In the west, behind the glass is nothing but water, what seems to be miles and miles of underwater. A great white shark zooms by the glass every now and again, it's black eyes staring into your soul. And in the north, nothing but a vast outback. A barren land, where a pack of jackals all bark and prance on the glass like wild maniacs, saliva falling from their jaws as they lust the taste of flesh. A holographic screen appears in front of you, counting down from one minute after hobbling off the center plate. You knew that all shutters would open when the timer hit zero. Or...you could voluntarily drag yourself to one particular directional shutter and step on the plate in front of it, opening one shutter and locking the rest, but you'd be faced with the dangers that direction holds directly. You have a minute and counting...

What is your destiny?

What the heck is this? How did I end up here? What . . . IS THAT A TIGER? HOW BIG IS THAT HAWK?! I struggle in my bindings trying to find a way to get loose. Nope. Four ways in front of me, all leading to a possible death. There's nothing for me to use in the ocean. Neither in the sky. I could play dead and let the pack or the tiger have at me until they get bored. Though I'll probably be too injured to move. Of course, staying here isn't safe either. There really is no way out is there? Okay then, what would be the quickest, less painful way to go? I look at everything again, going over the situations. Eventually, I lean back against the wall and wait for all four doors open. The water will rush in, drowning me. The shark then will probably eat me or the hawk. Doesn't matter since I'll be dead by then. Plus side, I'll end up taking the tiger and hound with me too. Feast fest for the sky and sea I guess.

[End.]

((You are back at the test screen now))

We thank you for your cooperation! We wish you the best in your current year at Mercury Institute School! You may now log out. Unless?

[Loading Slots 1-7]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'll get my meta finished tomorrow. Can't wait!

I'm gonna start working on my character, I should have it up today! ^_^

Reactions: ch0sen1
Here is my character sheet. Sorry I took so long, I wanted to get it done all in one time, so here it is!

Name: Emilie Delacour
Classification: Freshman
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 105lbs
HouFac: Sharks aka The Jaws

Hobbies: Teasing others, playing pranks and general tomfoolery. She also loves flirting around with others, especially boys. A keen fan and avid practitioner of gymnastics and swimming, she is also a fan of classical music.

Skills: She is extremely nimble and agile while retaining a high level of physical fitness. Proficient in English, she also speaks fluent French. Apart from being incredibly intelligent and quick-witted, she is also an empath. Skilled in the Japanese martial arts form of Karate, she is not one to be trifled with. Possessing a decent level of aptitude for technology, she is well-versed in communications. She is also a great swimmer.

Pros: Loyal, Playful, Passionate, Courageous, Flexible
Cons: Asshole, Blunt, Judgemental, Emotional, Cynical

Appearance:

Angular and delicate, Emilie is a bright sparkly girl that can often be seen either with a smile or smirk on her face. Adorned with a pair of icy blue orbs that never seem to lose their sparkle, they're one of the most distinctive features on her face. Her thin lips rest easily on her face, supple and intuitive, ready to spread into a smile at a moment's notice. Her hair is a lovely shade of honey blonde extending down to her shoulders. Her ivory complexion is pale and smooth yet hinted warmly with a glint of golden undertones. Her body is lithe and athletic from all the highly physical activity she engages herself in.

ddcd2670c30b404539b6b872c380b849.jpg

Bio:

Born into an influential and affluent family, Emilie lived in the 16th arrondissement, one of the wealthiest districts in Paris. Her mother was English, while her father a French. Her parents had seen fit to educate her in both languages, effectively making her bilingual. Emilie enjoyed most of her childhood and was well-liked at school, albeit in a different way. She was notorious for causing frequent mischief, but because her grades remained excellent, her teachers tolerated her to a certain extent. The young girl's life then took a surprising turn when she discovered gymnastics for the first time. Passionate in the sport, her parents fully endorsed and supported their only daughter's interests.

They were glad that she found something to invest her efforts in other than just plainly causing the odd mischief here and there. Along the way, Emilie picked up martial arts as well, deciding on the Japanese art of Karate. The talented yet mischievous girl efforts in her gymnastics did not go unrewarded. After years of training and practice, she finally won a gold medal in a national competition.

What she did not know however, was that a scouting agent was one of the advisers attached to the judges at the competition. Winning the competition in first place caught his eye, and he began to set his eyes on her. A week later, she received an envelope with the the following introductory message from the Mercury Institute School (MIS) of selected learning. Her parents were apprehensive at first, but eventually yielded when they saw how much she wanted this. She knew that her life would only get more interesting from here on.

1. Scene: You're on a roller coaster, the wind brushing through your hair and aura with bliss. You look to your left and it's the person you love the most. They smile at you and things couldn't be any better. The rail connecting to the ride chassis overhead snaps and severs connection, the rollercoaster is riding on one rail now. The screams fill your eardrums. Look to your left, see the face of terror, the face of impending death. The coaster turns a roundabout and flips over from the rail, losing course and braking just in time to not crash off and down into the ground hundreds of feet below. Look to your left, no one is there. Look at your feet, they are holding on for dear life. Your seat holder begins to snap. One tiny motion, you fall. You are off the edge, you cannot climb back, There are no screams. Just you, and them. What do you do?

Begin to search for something to get a firm grip on. Being no stranger to such an acrobatic manoeuvre, her focus would be to steady herself first to avoid falling down. Once she found herself in a less precarious situation, she would then tend to ones around her. Safety first.

2. Promises: Do you break them?

I don't break promises. Well at least I try my best not too. They're a thing worth taking seriously, and your word has got to count for something. But then again, shit happens.

3. Inside a home you sit in a dim lit room. You were adopted, and your biological family decides to agree to the visit you requested. Your adoptive parents have been nothing but doting and loving your whole life. Your adoptive family sees you as blood. You meet the biological family. They are charming, they are loving, and they shed tears of joy as they embrace you in their arms. Siblings, parents, everyone just crying over you. Just you. The room lights up. The biological family wants you to come with them. Your adoptive family is extremely poor, the love has never been enough to pay for a stable life with luxury. Your biological family is very wealthy. They want you to live with them and start the life you were supposed to, they promised you your greatest dream that your adoptive family could never give you. What do you do?

I would stay with my adoptive family despite them being poor. Here's why. Who stuck to me when I was growing up, and when I was going through a hard and difficult time? They did. They were poor and couldn't do much, but they tried and did their best and that's what counts. And besides, my biological family abandoned me once, what's to say they won't do it a second time?

4. Day of your first date. You have a spouse. They begin to hold your hand in public. As you walk they wrap their arm around you as the public eyes you with desire. Your spouse territorial like keeps you close. Your spouse begins to kiss you aggressively, claiming you. The people show repulsed looks. What do you do?

I would most likely be the more aggressive half, but I wouldn't refuse the kisses despite the stares. The crowd could always go somewhere else if they didn't like it. When I'm passionate about something, I see it through all the way.

5. Enlightenment took a turn for the worse. Your father just had an affair on your mother with your favorite teacher. You saw them. You and your father are the best of friends also, he was your world before you saw him with your teacher. He confides in you and tells you to vow not to tell your mother. Your teacher leaves and moments later your mother comes home, happy and grateful to her family. What do you do?

I would make no promises but assess the purpose for cheating and wrangle the reason out of my father if need be, first. If it was just merely a fling, I would chide him over the fact that it was not worth it. However, if he had a change of heart and no longer loved mother, I would wait for an opportune time to let her know, and make sure he knows that.

6. Running on the fact your uncle has four nephews/nieces answer their names: Earth, Fire, Water, and ______ ?

Air

7. Zen: Categorize your personality alignment with the following terms associated with comic book characters: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil.

Chaotic Neutral

8. Nothing but sand. Sand dunes surround you, and a horde of other people all pile up at the bottom of the dune in a collection of cheerful screams as they chant your name. A man with a hat and glasses smiles at you as he pats your shoulder for your imminent service to the people. A lone wooden pillar stands at the top of the dunes, with a sweaty, dehydrated female tied to it, crying. He hands you a magnum, loaded with only one bullet. The crowd in front of you rages in your favor, respecting you for what you're about to do. She was accused of killing the people's president, stabbed him with a knife 71 times in his torso, or what's left of it. She was found in his room not even 10 minutes ago, the knife on the floor at her side. The man in the hat backs up as she writhes in anger at him, repeatedly yelling that she's going to kill him over and over again. She struggles to get free, the sweat pouring down her face of fatigue and her once pristine shirt now smothered and covered in sand and dust from the winds all around. Her tied hands weak and sore from the cloth trapping and binding them, covered in dust as well. The man in the hat raised his hand with a shout, as the crowd joins him in their excitement at the impending death of the seen anarchist. The female eyes you with tearful eyes of rage. Her adrenaline matches yours in a standoff of hearts. She breathes heavy, your heart pounds. You grip the magnum and?

I would swiftly turn around and turn the magnum of the man with the hat, before firing at him. Why? Who was this stranger and why did he want her to kill the woman? These situation seems highly peculiar as someone who has stabbed anyone 71 times would not have a pristine shirt. The man could be the devil's incarnate himself, or this could be one nasty set-up.

[Next simulation]

9. You're falling to the ground from the window of a 20 story building, you have no parachute, no safety net. Nothing. Just the inevitable. Nothing to break your fall. Gravity is the same, as is physics. Nothing spontaneous is going to happen to you, just free falling mid-air. You....?

After realising that I would be going either way, I would close my eyes as I recount the happiest memories in my entire life so far. If I'm going out, I'm going out happy. No one's taking that away from me.

[Final simulation]

10. You awaken in the middle of a room on a pressurized plate, with no way out except through glass shutters in the four cardinal directions. The room is pale with cold stone all around. Cobwebs are thick and ridden all over the drab area, in fact you are wrapped in a web currently. You cannot walk, nor run, only hobble. Your mouth is concealed. However, behind those glass shutters are each of the corresponding: The east shutter contains nothing but the sky and clouds behind it, but a large, prowling falcon that stands at eight feet with a twenty foot wingspan eyes you with ferocity, ready for the shutter to lift. In the south shutter, behind it lies a dense jungle, with lush and thick plants and trees. You can see a bengal step from the jungle, approaching the shutter, growling at you, mouth seeping drool. It scratches the glass in yearning desire to kill. In the west, behind the glass is nothing but water, what seems to be miles and miles of underwater. A great white shark zooms by the glass every now and again, its black eyes staring into your soul. And in the north, nothing but a vast outback. A barren land, where a pack of jackals all bark and prance on the glass like wild maniacs, saliva falling from their jaws as they lust the taste of flesh. A holographic screen appears in front of you, counting down from one minute after hobbling off the center plate. You knew that all shutters would open when the timer hit zero. Or...you could voluntarily drag yourself to one particular directional shutter and step on the plate in front of it, opening one shutter and locking the rest, but you'd be faced with the dangers that direction holds directly. You have a minute and counting...

What is your destiny?

I would make my way towards the Bengal tiger. It was on land, and a single target. If I could afford to defeat this creature, I will emerge from this a stronger person. After all, fortune favours the bold. I do, or I die trying. There's no easy way out of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Symphoni HouFac: House-Faction Sharks known as The Jaws

So here's the placement so far:

3 Jaws
2 Falx
1 Bengal
0 Hounds

Changed my profile theme from the Zergling Roach, FYI everyone.

Btw @Shattered♦Secrets™ you should change the sports scholarship thing in your bio. MIS is an institute everyone gets the same full scholarship regardless, should've told you earlier.

Btw @Shattered♦Secrets™ you should change the sports scholarship thing in your bio. MIS is an institute everyone gets the same full scholarship regardless, should've told you earlier.
Oh okay, just thought it would make more since if he got in for Sports... since Bash isn't the smartest, he would get the same full scholarship but his would be for sports, but I will change soon, after I finish some more stuff.

Reactions: ch0sen1
Oh okay, just thought it would make more since if he got in for Sports... since Bash isn't the smartest, he would get the same full scholarship but his would be for sports, but I will change soon, after I finish some more stuff.
Everyone at MIS is either very bright or very skilled at something, The Provosts don't care about any of that. What do they care about? Hehehe....

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Well that was unexpected! I totally didn't expect to get Jaws at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.