Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys we have 1 more coming since Kim dropped, and then in the name of The Chancellor that is IT. Lol I promise.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this. I'll get my character sheet up as soon as I can.

I was silently hoping to be a blankie, but oh well. ^^

Name: Connie Erichson
Classification: Freshman
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 118lb
HouFac: The Falcons a.k.a. The Falx

Hobbies:
-Boxing
-MMA
-Working Out
-Reading
-Writing

Skills:
-Excellent Fighter
-Fairly Strong and Athletic
-Quick Learner
-High Intelligence
-Capable of Taking Multiple Hits
-Multilingual (Russian, Finnish, Italian, Swedish, German, and basic English)

Pros: Energetic, Loyal, Ambitious, Headstrong, Confident

Cons: Impulsive, Blunt, Short-tempered, Reckless, Arrogant

Appearance:
tumblr_mp15lghTQJ1s80kvgo2_1280.jpg

Bio
:
Originally born in Sweden, Connie is the youngest of seven siblings, all of them boys. Her family, due to her father's work, was constantly on the move. They traveled from country to country in Europe, never staying for more than a year. Though she was far from lonely thanks to her abundance of brothers, a part of Connie longed for a stable home for once.
[WIP]

1. Scene: You're on a roller coaster, the wind brushing through your hair and aura with bliss. You look to your left and it's the person you love the most. They smile at you and thing couldn't be any better. The rail connecting to the ride chassis overhead snaps and severs connection, the rollercoaster is riding on one rail now. The screams fill your eardrums. Look to your left, see the face of terror, the face of impending death. The coaster turns a roundabout and flips over from the rail, losing course and braking just in time to not crash off and down into the ground hundreds of feet below. Look to your left, no one is there. Look at your feet, they are holding on for dear life. Your seat holder begins to snap. One tiny motion, you fall. You are off the edge, you cannot climb back, There are no screams. Just you, and them. What do you do?

It's risky, but it's worth a try. I try and reach out towards them, ready to pull them up. I don't care if I fall. I don't care if I die. As long as they're safe, I'm willing to take that risk.

2. Promises: Do you break them?

If I can help it, no.

3. Inside a home you sit in a dim lit room. You were adopted, and your biological family decides to agree to the visit you requested. Your adoptive parents have been nothing but doting and loving your whole life. Your adoptive family sees you as blood. You meet the biological family. They are charming, they are loving, and they shed tears of joy as they embrace you in their arms. Siblings, parents, everyone just crying over you. Just you. The room lights up. The biological family wants you to come with them. Your adoptive family is extremely poor, the love has never been enough to pay for a stable life with luxury. Your biological family is very wealthy. They want you to live with them and start the life you were supposed to, they promised you your greatest dream that your adoptive family could never give you. What do you do?

As much as I love my adopted parents, I have a new family now. A real one. I'll get to do things that I couldn't do before, and actually belong. I'll still try to keep in touch with my adopted family, though. They took me in, and it's only sensible we still talk.

4. Day of your first date.You have a spouse. They begin to hold your hand in public. As you walk they wrap their arm around you as the public eyes you with desire. Your spouse territorial like keeps you close. Your spouse begins to kiss you aggressively, claiming you. The people show repulsed looks. What do you do?

Kiss them back. Forget those people. Forget the troubles. Forget the world. In that kiss, it's just me, and them, and no one else.

5. Enlightenment took a turn for the worse. Your father just had an affair on your mother with your favorite teacher. You saw them. You and your father are the best of friends also, he was your world before you saw him with your teacher. He confides in you and tells you to vow not to tell your mother. Your teacher leaves and moments later your mother comes home, happy and grateful to her family. What do you do?

I don't tell her. I can't. Not to her face. But that doesn't mean I support my father's decision. Any chance I get, I'll voice my disapproval.

6. Running on the fact your uncle has four nephews/nieces answer their names: Earth, Fire, Water, and ______ ?

Air

7. Zen: Categorize your personality alignment with the following terms associated with comic book characters: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil.

Lawful Neutral

[Loading Virtual-Cognition Protocol......]

((You are now in the actual situation. This is no longer written. You can barely separate reality from virtual simulation. You feel, you taste, you react.))

8. Nothing but sand. Sand dunes surround you, and a horde of other people all pile up at the bottom of the dune in a collection of cheerful screams as they chant your name. A man with a hat and glasses smiles at you as he pats your shoulder for you imminent service to the people. A lone wooden pillar stands at the top of the dunes, with a sweaty, dehydrated female tied to it, crying. He hands you a magnum, loaded with only one bullet. The crowd in front of you rages in your favor, respecting you for what you're about to do. She was accused of killing the people's president, stabbed him with a knife 71 times in his torso, or what's left of it. She was found in his room not even 10 minutes ago, the knife on the floor at her side. The man in the hat backs up as she writhes in anger at him, repeatedly yelling that she's going to kill him over and over again. She struggles to get free, the sweat pouring down her face of fatigue and her once pristine shirt now smothered and covered in sand and dust from the winds all around. Her tied hands weak and sore from the cloth trapping and binding them, covered in dust as well. The man in the hat raised his hand with a shout, as the crowd joins him in their excitement at the impending death of the seen anarchist. The female eyes you with tearful eyes of rage. Her adrenaline matches yours in a standoff of hearts. She breathes heavy, your heart pounds. You grip the magnum and?

I aim the gun at her head, place my finger on the trigger, and...and nothing. I can't do it. As much as I want this woman to pay for her crime, so can't shoot her. I can't kill another human being.

[Next simulation]

9. You're falling to the ground from the window of a 20 story building, you have no parachute, no safety net. Nothing. Just the inevitable. Nothing to break your fall. Gravity is the same, as is physics. Nothing spontaneous is going to happen to you, just free falling mid-air. You....?

At first I scream and struggle. Heights were never my strongpoint. Then, like a slowly creeping fog, acceptance would descend upon me.

[Final simulation]

10. You awaken in the middle of a room on a pressurized plate, with no way out except through glass shutters in the four cardinal directions. The room is pale with cold stone all around. Cobwebs are thick and ridden all over the drab area, in fact you are wrapped in a web currently. You cannot walk, nor run, only hobble. Your mouth is concealed. However, behind those glass shutters are each of the corresponding: The east shutter contains nothing but the sky and clouds behind it, but a large, prowling falcon that stands at eight feet with a twenty foot wingspan eyes you with ferocity, ready for the shutter to lift. In the south shutter, behind it lies a dense jungle, with lush and thick plants and trees. You can see a bengal step from the jungle, approaching the shutter, growling at you, mouth seeping drool. It scratches the glass in yearning desire to kill. In the west, behind the glass is nothing but water, what seems to be miles and miles of underwater. A great white shark zooms by the glass every now and again, it's black eyes staring into your soul. And in the north, nothing but a vast outback. A barren land, where a pack of jackals all bark and prance on the glass like wild maniacs, saliva falling from their jaws as they lust the taste of flesh. A holographic screen appears in front of you, counting down from one minute after hobbling off the center plate. You knew that all shutters would open when the timer hit zero. Or...you could voluntarily drag yourself to one particular directional shutter and step on the plate in front of it, opening one shutter and locking the rest, but you'd be faced with the dangers that direction holds directly. You have a minute and counting...

The jungle had shelter. Trees to climb, and foliage to hide in. The tiger is close, much too close, but if I could just make it to a nearby tree...
I drag myself towards the tiger, ready to survive or die trying.

What is your destiny?

[End.]

I'll try to get everything up by tomorrow when I'm less sleep deprived lol.​

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_inline_na7kbnD2e11syjtoz.gif

Name: Kim Jongdae
Classification: Freshman
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 154 lbs.
HouFac: Falcons aka The Falx

Hobbies:
singing | writing | playing guitar

Skills:
speaks English and Korean | quick and flexible due to his smaller size | excels in most academics

Pros:
sweet | charismatic | peace-keeper | loyal | trustworthy

Cons:
people pleaser to a fault | soft spoken | gullible | forgetful | a bit scatter-brained

Bio:
Jongdae grew up as an only child to a middle-class family in Seoul, South Korea. He excelled academically but had an otherwise uneventful upbringing. [WIP - will finish after META is graded xD]

687474703a2f2f33312e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f74756d626c725f6d6335676533465446673172336f3671386f365f3530302e676966

1. Scene: You're on a roller coaster, the wind brushing through your hair and aura with bliss. You look to your left and it's the person you love the most. They smile at you and thing couldn't be any better. The rail connecting to the ride chassis overhead snaps and severs connection, the rollercoaster is riding on one rail now. The screams fill your eardrums. Look to your left, see the face of terror, the face of impending death. The coaster turns a roundabout and flips over from the rail, losing course and braking just in time to not crash off and down into the ground hundreds of feet below. Look to your left, no one is there. Look at your feet, they are holding on for dear life. Your seat holder begins to snap. One tiny motion, you fall. You are off the edge, you cannot climb back, There are no screams. Just you, and them. What do you do?

I would do anything I could to save them, even if it meant sacrificing myself.

Only if keeping the promise causes harm to someone.

3. Inside a home you sit in a dim lit room. You were adopted, and your biological family decides to agree to the visit you requested. Your adoptive parents have been nothing but doting and loving your whole life. Your adoptive family sees you as blood. You meet the biological family. They are charming, they are loving, and they shed tears of joy as they embrace you in their arms. Siblings, parents, everyone just crying over you. Just you. The room lights up. The biological family wants you to come with them. Your adoptive family is extremely poor, the love has never been enough to pay for a stable life with luxury. Your biological family is very wealthy. They want you to live with them and start the life you were supposed to, they promised you your greatest dream that your adpotive family could never give you. What do you do?

Stay with my adoptive family! They are the ones that loved and raised me after all!

4. Day of your first date.You have a spouse. They begin to hold your hand in public. As you walk they wrap their arm around you as the public eyes you with desire. Your spouse territorial like keeps you close. Your spouse begins to kiss you aggressively, claiming you. The people show repulsed looks. What do you do?

Make them stop. It isn't worth making others uncomfortable!

5. Enlightenment took a turn for the worse. Your father just had an affair on your mother with your favorite teacher. You saw them. You and your father are the best of friends also, he was your world before you saw him with your teacher. He confides in you and tells you to vow not to tell your mother. Your teacher leaves and moments later your mother comes home, happy and grateful to her family. What do you do?

Keep the secret for now, but I could urge my father to tell my mother.

6. Running on the fact your uncle has four nephews/nieces answer their names: Earth, Fire, Water, and ______ ?

Wind

7. Zen: Categorize your personality alignment with the following terms associated with comic book characters: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil.

Neutral Good

8. Nothing but sand. Sand dunes surround you, and a horde of other people all pile up at the bottom of the dune in a collection of cheerful screams as they chant your name. A man with a hat and glasses smiles at you as he pats your shoulder for you imminent service to the people. A lone wooden pillar stands at the top of the dunes, with a sweaty, dehydrated female tied to it, crying. He hands you a magnum, loaded with only one bullet. The crowd in front of you rages in your favor, respecting you for what you're about to do. She was accused of killing the people's president, stabbed him with a knife 71 times in his torso, or what's left of it. She was found in his room not even 10 minutes ago, the knife on the floor at her side. The man in the hat backs up as she writhes in anger at him, repeatedly yelling that she's going to kill him over and over again. She struggles to get free, the sweat pouring down her face of fatigue and her once pristine shirt now smothered and covered in sand and dust from the winds all around. Her tied hands weak and sore from the cloth trapping and binding them, covered in dust as well. The man in the hat raised his hand with a shout, as the crowd joins him in their excitement at the imending death of the seen anarchist. The female eyes you with tearful eyes of rage. Her adrenaline matches yours in a standoff of hearts. She breathes heavy, your heart pounds. You grip the magnum and?

. . . shoot the bullet into the ground. This shouldn't be my responsibility.

[Next simulation]

9. You're falling to the ground from the window of a 20 story building, you have no parachute, no safety net. Nothing. Just the inevitable. Nothing to break your fall. Gravity is the same, as is physics. Nothing spontaneous is going to happen to you, just free falling mid-air. You....?

. . . close my eyes and relax.

[Final simulation]

10. You awaken in the middle of a room on a pressurized plate, with no way out except through glass shutters in the four cardinal directions. The room is pale with cold stone all around. Cobwebs are thick and ridden all over the drab area, in fact you are wrapped in a web currently. You cannot walk, nor run, only hobble. Your mouth is concealed. However, behind those glass shutters are each of the corresponding: The east shutter contains nothing but the sky and clouds behind it, but a large, prowling falcon that stands at eight feet with a twenty foot wingspan eyes you with ferocity, ready for the shutter to lift. In the south shutter, behind it lies a dense jungle, with lush and thick plants and trees. You can see a bengal step from the jungle, approaching the shutter, growling at you, mouth seeping drool. It scratches the glass in yearning desire to kill. In the west, behind the glass is nothing but water, what seems to be miles and miles of underwater. A great white shark zooms by the glass every now and again, it's black eyes staring into your soul. And in the north, nothing but a vast outback. A barren land, where a pack of jackals all bark and prance on the glass like wild maniacs, saliva falling from their jaws as they lust the taste of flesh. A holographic screen appears in front of you, counting down from one minute after hobbling off the center plate. You knew that all shutters would open when the timer hit zero. Or...you could voluntarily drag yourself to one particular directional shutter and step on the plate in front of it, opening one shutter and locking the rest, but you'd be faced with the dangers that direction holds directly. You have a minute and counting...

What is your destiny?

To press the plate that leads to the jungle.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetPrince
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Luxii
Question! So for the freshman, will we start off the IC with them already being sorted? Or is sorting part of the opening posts? :3

[fieldbox=", #7d2828, solid"]
tumblr_ncsms77fKE1qbam7co1_500.gif

Nick-Jonas-by-Randall-Slavin-for-New-York-Post%E2%80%99s-Alexa-Magazine-2015-4.png

Name
Sebastian "Bash" Heart

Classification
Freshman

Height
6'3"

Weight
240lbs. (Muscle Baby!)
2015_Nick-Jonas_Jealous.jpg

HouFac
Sharks aka The Jaws

Hobbies
- Going To The Gym
- Football
- Partying
- Flirting
- Meditation
- Making New Friends
- Cracking Jokes On Other People
- Staying Fit
- Traveling
- Eating Out

Skills
- Sports
- Multilingual (English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Swedish, Icelandic, French, Greek & Swahili)
- Resourceful
- Cunning
- Endurance
- Tactful
- Physically Strong
- Cooking... Don't Look Shocked
- High Pain Tolerance
- Lifting Heavy Objects (Muscle Baby!!!)

Pros
- Strong
- Loyal
- Brave
- Leadership
- Resourceful

Cons
- Reckless
- Cocky
- Daring
- Mentally Weak... In Some Things
- Aggressive Hot Head

Appearance
Nick-Jonas-2015-Image-04.jpg

Bio
Bash was born into a middle class family, he is the youngest of four. His siblings would pick on him, being the baby, he would get spoiled the most... making them jealous and spiteful. He would grow up to be a kid who didn't take anything from anyone, he would fight with and against his siblings, they knew that their little brother wasn't the one to mess with. They eventually started to treat Bash liked their brother, and not their punching bag. Through his younger years, Bash was the kid that went to school and owned the halls, or he acted like he did. Bash was and still is a cocky bastard, and that might never changed.

Bash is not the smartest, but when it comes to sports... he's a natural at most of them. It's like when he's on the field he can just move around and do his thing. He loves Football the most out of all the many sports he does play. He joined his Little League Team, and soon joined his High School Football team when he got into High School. It was a shock to not only Bash, but all of his friends and family when he got a letter in the mail, stating that he was invited to attend the most Prestigious School in the World, MIS (Mercury Institute School), and he would be going on a Scholarship. Usually their Scholarships were for Academics, but he got a Sports Scholarship, seeing as they didn't really have the Sports as a popular thing in their school, he was going to change that.
nick-jonas-thatgrapejuice-2015-600x764.jpg

tumblr_nv4udiXACR1qd6639o3_5001.gif

META Test

The Mercury Erudition Test Assessment (META)

Hello! Dear Mercury students, The Star and the Provosts would like to congratulate you on your enrollment here at MIS. We believe in enrichment not only of the values of learning and progression, but of oneself in the notion of being truly extraordinary. Hope you didn't study! The META is rather intuitive and provides insight as to the persona you share within your psychological, and emotional spectrums. Do not think too hard, nor too lightly, just answer with your instinct and intuition. There's also a 'surprise' in the test, so the best of luck! WELCOME TO MERCURY!

1. Scene: You're on a roller coaster, the wind brushing through your hair and aura with bliss. You look to your left and it's the person you love the most. They smile at you and things couldn't be any better. The rail connecting to the ride chassis overhead snaps and severs connection, the rollercoaster is riding on one rail now. The screams fill your eardrums. Look to your left, see the face of terror, the face of impending death. The coaster turns a roundabout and flips over from the rail, losing course and braking just in time to not crash off and down into the ground hundreds of feet below. Look to your left, no one is there. Look at your feet, they are holding on for dear life. Your seat holder begins to snap. One tiny motion, you fall. You are off the edge, you cannot climb back, There are no screams. Just you, and them. What do you do?

"That is a tough question... duh! I would grab their arm and if we fall... we fall together. If I love someone enough, I would rather die with them, instead of living without them."

"If I break a promise, that would make me a liar and an enemy to everyone. Loyalty is everything to me, if you break a promise to me... I'll just break you, using Thunder and Lighting *Flexes*"

3. Inside a home you sit in a dim lit room. You were adopted, and your biological family decides to agree to the visit you requested. Your adoptive parents have been nothing but doting and loving your whole life. Your adoptive family sees you as blood. You meet the biological family. They are charming, they are loving, and they shed tears of joy as they embrace you in their arms. Siblings, parents, everyone just crying over you. Just you. The room lights up. The biological family wants you to come with them. Your adoptive family is extremely poor, the love has never been enough to pay for a stable life with luxury. Your biological family is very wealthy. They want you to live with them and start the life you were supposed to, they promised you your greatest dream that your adoptive family could never give you. What do you do?

"Just because someone has money DOESN'T make them better than anyone. If I was adopted, I would love my adoptive parents, my REAL parents more than some flashy people who threw me away... and now that it's convenient they want me back, yeah right. Love is what really matters, that and sticking with the people who wanted me from the start."

4. Day of your first date. You have a spouse. They begin to hold your hand in public. As you walk they wrap their arm around you as the public eyes you with desire. Your spouse territorial like keeps you close. Your spouse begins to kiss you aggressively, claiming you. The people show repulsed looks. What do you do?

"Me? Oh you know I would... kiss them right back. Who cares what others think? They wish they had what we would have. While they look on "repulsed" they secretly wished that they were the ones being kissed the way we would be doing it. PDA For The Win."

"Well first off, I would punch my father in the face for cheating on the greatest woman in the world. I wouldn't go up to my mother and just shoot it out, that would hurt way more, but I also wouldn't keep his shitty secret. I would be smart about it, I can be smart sometimes. Anyway, I would use a fake email account and I would email my mother in detail of what my father was doing... knowing that she would read it and either believe it or ask questions. If they got divorced, I'm going with my mom!"

"What... Wind? Right?"

7. Zen: Categorize your personality alignment with the following terms associated with comic book characters: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil.

"I think most would see me as Chaotic Good, doing what seems right to me. If something seems wrong but others think it's good, I will have to change their minds on that evil. Just know that we all have Good and Evil in us.. read that from a Fortune Cookie, cool right? I know."

[Loading Virtual-Cognition Protocol......]

((You are now in the actual situation. This is no longer written. You can barely separate reality from virtual simulation. You feel, you taste, you react.))

8. Nothing but sand. Sand dunes surround you, and a horde of other people all pile up at the bottom of the dune in a collection of cheerful screams as they chant your name. A man with a hat and glasses smiles at you as he pats your shoulder for you imminent service to the people. A lone wooden pillar stands at the top of the dunes, with a sweaty, dehydrated female tied to it, crying. He hands you a magnum, loaded with only one bullet. The crowd in front of you rages in your favor, respecting you for what you're about to do. She was accused of killing the people's president, stabbed him with a knife 71 times in his torso, or what's left of it. She was found in his room not even 10 minutes ago, the knife on the floor at her side. The man in the hat backs up as she writhes in anger at him, repeatedly yelling that she's going to kill him over and over again. She struggles to get free, the sweat pouring down her face of fatigue and her once pristine shirt now smothered and covered in sand and dust from the winds all around. Her tied hands weak and sore from the cloth trapping and binding them, covered in dust as well. The man in the hat raised his hand with a shout, as the crowd joins him in their excitement at the imending death of the seen anarchist. The female eyes you with tearful eyes of rage. Her adrenaline matches yours in a standoff of hearts. She breathes heavy, your heart pounds. You grip the magnum and?

-Bash holds the gun at the girl... but he doesn't shoot her.- "I hope you really are innocent." -Instead he shoots the man with the hat and glasses.- "Only someone who has done the crime would want the innocent person killed like this." -Bash pulls the lady off the pillar.-

[Next simulation]

-Bash looks down in the nothingness.- "Woooo! This is amazing!" -Bash embraces the incoming impact... hey you never know, he might just live. Gotta live life to the fullest.-

[Final simulation]

What is your destiny?

-Bash stands in the middle of the shutters, not moving to any particular one. If he stays there, the shark will flow into the room... causing it to flood... which would drown most of the jackals and the bengal. He stays above the water, hopping up and down. He uses the falcon's claws to rip the web off and get the bird to come closer to the water... drowning it after getting free... than he would punch the shark in the face and nose and head... over and over again. If he's going out, he will go out like a BOSS!-

[End.]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Question! So for the freshman, will we start off the IC with them already being sorted? Or is sorting part of the opening posts? :3
At the turbine being sorted, maybe reflect on the experience so far to that point like the Freshman cruise, and then it'll pick up when the campus has lunch as a intro type thing, then the plot will spark.

Reactions: Luxii
META is done! WOO! I'll try to finish up the bio tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.