Mercury

Status
Not open for further replies.
HouFac: House-Faction Jackals aka The Hounds.
I was secretly excited that I might be labeled as a Blankie. lolol but this is pretty cool too!

I noticed we were also talking about superpowers. So are we allowed other powers besides manipulation of the elements?

I was secretly excited that I might be labeled as a Blankie. lolol but this is pretty cool too!

I noticed we were also talking about superpowers. So are we allowed other powers besides manipulation of the elements?
Oh no lol... I was just talking about a cool power that I just came up when I was bored at work xD, not for this rp lol.

Oh no lol... I was just talking about a cool power that I just came up when I was bored at work xD, not for this rp lol.
psionic super power would be cool though. Like if the chancellor was some Avatar-esque person and he had psychic super powers which was how he was able to find the students for his special school. But that's like a super OP kind of guy though :0

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
psionic super power would be cool though. Like if the chancellor was some Avatar-esque person and he had psychic super powers which was how he was able to find the students for his special school. But that's like a super OP kind of guy though :0
xD

You just described professor Xavier from x men

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Hahaha there is a way to become a Blankie, but no one has gotten it yet. A couple have come close though...kinda.

And nope your HouFac is your elemental ability.

Why would you want to be a blankie anyways?? That's social suicide bahahaha

vaun 4.jpg

Name: Vaun Jollery
Classification: Sophomore
Height: 6'1”
Weight: 175lbs
HouFac: Blankie

Hobbies: Skateboarding, Loitering, Fitness, Video Games, Daydreaming, Concerts, Partying and Weapons Training.

Skills: Superb Balance, Excellent Hand/Eye Coordination, Keen Eyesight, Quick, Good with computers, Expert with small blades.

Pros(5): Composed, Diplomatic, Righteous, Protective and Easy Going
Cons(5): Lazy, Aloof, Jaded, Unorganized and Indecisive

Bio: It never occurred to him how important one person could be until his mom passed away. He was one of those kids who took his life for granted, mainly because he never had to think of his life in any other way than how it was. He assumed his mom and dad would always be there. They had their fights but who didn't? Vaun grew up in the U.K. Both his parents worked hard to provide a good life for him as their only child and although they were considered middle class, they sometimes struggled. Vaun did well in school. He realizes now that it was because his mother encouraged him to do well. He was usually at the top of his class without even having to try very hard. He was also a decent athlete and being in something of a military family, his father made it a point to show him how to defend himself. Anything extra, Vaun picked up on his own. Due to having quite the aptitude to excel in most things, the MIS had their eyes on him once he became closer to the recruiting age.

Just before his 18th birthday, his mother died in a burglary gone wrong. After his mother's death, his entire life seemed to do a 180 degree turn. His grades slipped drastically, He dropped out of any extracurricular activities he was once interested in and he started hanging out with a different crowd of 'friends'. It wasn't only his life that was affected, his father took a turn for the worse too. His father started drinking again, heavily. He couldn't hold a job, he alienated his friends and members of his extended family and his relationship with his son became more volatile. Their run-in's usually resulted in some words they couldn't take back and Vaun ending up with a black eye or some bruises. Vaun would get his licks in too but was never much of a match for his father, who was stronger and had more extensive military training. It wasn't until Vaun took a moment to acknowledge how much his life had fallen apart, that he realized it was his mom that had been keeping everything together, like a link in a chain.

Despite the downward spiral he was in, he somehow managed to graduate from high school and shortly afterward received a letter of invitation to the MIS. After reading about how difficult it was to get accepted into the MIS, he assumed they sent him a letter only because they had been scouting him before his grades tanked and that they correctly deduced something caused the sudden shift. Vaun was on the fence about going but after one particularly violent altercation with his dad, his mind was quickly made up. He left home without even telling his father, he didn't owe him anything.

The Mercury Erudition Test Assessment (META)

Hello! Dear Mercury students, The Star and the Provosts would like to congratulate you on your enrollment here at MIS. We believe in enrichment not only of the values of learning and progression, but of oneself in the notion of being truly extraordinary. Hope you didn't study! The META is rather intuitive and provides insight as to the persona you share within your psychological, and emotional spectrums. Do not think too hard, nor too lightly, just answer with your instinct and intuition. There's also a 'surprise' in the test, so the best of luck! WELCOME TO MERCURY!

1. Scene: You're on a roller coaster, the wind brushing through your hair and aura with bliss. You look to your left and it's the person you love the most. They smile at you and thing couldn't be any better. The rail connecting to the ride chassis overhead snaps and severs connection, the rollercoaster is riding on one rail now. The screams fill your eardrums. Look to your left, see the face of terror, the face of impending death. The coaster turns a roundabout and flips over from the rail, losing course and braking just in time to not crash off and down into the ground hundreds of feet below. Look to your left, no one is there. Look at your feet, they are holding on for dear life. Your seat holder begins to snap. One tiny motion, you fall. You are off the edge, you cannot climb back, There are no screams. Just you, and them. What do you do?

Realizing that my seat belt holder is about to snap and there's a very slim chance that I can do anything to save either of us, I choose to try and calm my loved one by shouting to them that I will get us down, even if that's a lie. I tell them to hold on as long as they can and to close their eyes and not to open them until I say so, no matter what. Finally I tell them that I love them and that everything will be ok if they just do what I say. I would desperately try to find a way to save both of us but If we fall, I'll hold them until we hit the ground, at least their last moments will be of hope.

2. Promises: Do you break them?

I don't make promises.

3. Inside a home you sit in a dim lit room. You were adopted, and your biological family decides to agree to the visit you requested. Your adoptive parents have been nothing but doting and loving your whole life. Your adoptive family sees you as blood. You meet the biological family. They are charming, they are loving, and they shed tears of joy as they embrace you in their arms. Siblings, parents, everyone just crying over you. Just you. The room lights up. The biological family wants you to come with them. Your adoptive family is extremely poor, the love has never been enough to pay for a stable life with luxury. Your biological family is very wealthy. They want you to live with them and start the life you were supposed to, they promised you your greatest dream that your adpotive family could never give you. What do you do?

I tell my biological family that I will go with them if they agree to write a check to my adoptive family. One million dollars for every year of my life I spent with my adoptive family. I tell my adoptive family that this is probably the only way I can make sure they're taken care of. I would tell them that I love them and would still visit often.

4. Day of your first date. You have a spouse. They begin to hold your hand in public. As you walk they wrap their arm around you as the public eyes you with desire. Your spouse territorial like keeps you close. Your spouse begins to kiss you aggressively, claiming you. The people show repulsed looks. What do you do?

I would allow the kiss for a moment, not caring that others are repulsed by it but I would then back off and grab his hand and continue walking again. I would tell him that it's only our first date and there's no need to rush.

5. Enlightenment took a turn for the worse. Your father just had an affair on your mother with your favorite teacher. You saw them. You and your father are the best of friends also, he was your world before you saw him with your teacher. He confides in you and tells you to vow not to tell your mother. Your teacher leaves and moments later your mother comes home, happy and grateful to her family. What do you do?

Knowing that my father's infidelity would destroy my mother and our family, I keep their secret. However, I demand that he end the affair and not engage in any others, or else I tell everything.

6. Running on the fact your uncle has four nephews/nieces answer their names: Earth, Fire, Water, and ______ ?

Air

7. Zen: Categorize your personality alignment with the following terms associated with comic book characters: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil.

True Neutral

[Loading Virtual-Cognition Protocol......]

((You are now in the actual situation. This is no longer written. You can barely separate reality from virtual simulation. You feel, you taste, you react.))

8. Nothing but sand. Sand dunes surround you, and a horde of other people all pile up at the bottom of the dune in a collection of cheerful screams as they chant your name. A man with a hat and glasses smiles at you as he pats your shoulder for you imminent service to the people. A lone wooden pillar stands at the top of the dunes, with a sweaty, dehydrated female tied to it, crying. He hands you a magnum, loaded with only one bullet. The crowd in front of you rages in your favor, respecting you for what you're about to do. She was accused of killing the people's president, stabbed him with a knife 71 times in his torso, or what's left of it. She was found in his room not even 10 minutes ago, the knife on the floor at her side. The man in the hat backs up as she writhes in anger at him, repeatedly yelling that she's going to kill him over and over again. She struggles to get free, the sweat pouring down her face of fatigue and her once pristine shirt now smothered and covered in sand and dust from the winds all around. Her tied hands weak and sore from the cloth trapping and binding them, covered in dust as well. The man in the hat raised his hand with a shout, as the crowd joins him in their excitement at the imending death of the seen anarchist. The female eyes you with tearful eyes of rage. Her adrenaline matches yours in a standoff of hearts. She breathes heavy, your heart pounds. You grip the magnum and?

Vaun remains calm but confused by what appears to be a public execution. The hot sun isn't making it any easier to process what is happening. He hesitates for a moment, with the magnum in his hand but eventually he pulls the trigger and fires one shot into the air. The sound of gunfire silences the bloodthirsty crowd. Vaun looks at the smug man to his left, then at the exasperated woman and finally the murmuring crowd. “Listen up, I don't know exactly what this woman is accused of but one thing I do know is that whatever it is, she deserves a fair trial to determine whether she is innocent or guilty.” Vaun then orders that someone release the woman and keep her in custody until the trial. He keeps the gun in case anyone decides to physically object.

[Next simulation]

9. You're falling to the ground from the window of a 20 story building, you have no parachute, no safety net. Nothing. Just the inevitable. Nothing to break your fall. Gravity is the same, as is physics. Nothing spontaneous is going to happen to you, just free falling mid-air. You....?

Vaun barely has any time to react before hitting the ground pretty hard. With a groan, he pushes himself up so that he's standing, then rolls his neck and back, making sure nothing was broken. Looking up at the tall building, he puts his hands on his hips and squints, trying to figure out what happened. ~It looks like I fell out of a window. Good thing it was the 2nd floor window and not the 20th floor.~

[Final simulation]

10. You awaken in the middle of a room on a pressurized plate, with no way out except through glass shutters in the four cardinal directions. The room is pale with cold stone all around. Cobwebs are thick and ridden all over the drab area, in fact you are wrapped in a web currently. You cannot walk, nor run, only hobble. Your mouth is concealed. However, behind those glass shutters are each of the corresponding: The east shutter contains nothing but the sky and clouds behind it, but a large, prowling falcon that stands at eight feet with a twenty foot wingspan eyes you with ferocity, ready for the shutter to lift. In the south shutter, behind it lies a dense jungle, with lush and thick plants and trees. You can see a bengal step from the jungle, approaching the shutter, growling at you, mouth seeping drool. It scratches the glass in yearning desire to kill. In the west, behind the glass is nothing but water, what seems to be miles and miles of underwater. A great white shark zooms by the glass every now and again, it's black eyes staring into your soul. And in the north, nothing but a vast outback. A barren land, where a pack of jackals all bark and prance on the glass like wild maniacs, saliva falling from their jaws as they lust the taste of flesh. A holographic screen appears in front of you, counting down from one minute after hobbling off the center plate. You knew that all shutters would open when the timer hit zero. Or...you could voluntarily drag yourself to one particular directional shutter and step on the plate in front of it, opening one shutter and locking the rest, but you'd be faced with the dangers that direction holds directly. You have a minute and counting...

What is your destiny?

Vaun hobbles over to the eastern shutter, looking out into the sky and clouds that seem to beckon him. He struggles against the webbing, trying to break free while keeping an eye on the falcon waiting on the other side. Looking back at the other three doors and then to the holographic counter, he decides that his best chance lies with opening one door instead of facing the dangers of all four. He wonders if the falcon is probably some hologram...falcons don't grow that big and if it is real, He'll do his best to use it's beak and talons to free him of his webbed prison while trying to escape.

[End.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew! Ok I think I'm done...took me a while to figure out how to post the CS properly ^^; At least I hope it's done properly.

CURSE MY LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF THAT STUPID QUESTIO

I WAS SO CLOSE TO BLANKENSHIP CRAIS 5EVER

no fair you get to be special ;-;

*sniffle*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
At least I get to be the only little shit in the Bengals

Regardless, Dallas has never followed social norms, he'll probably make friends with blankies and shit .3.

Maaaaannnn thank god I have our weirdest character.

At least I get to be the only little shit in the Bengals

Regardless, Dallas has never followed social norms, he'll probably make friends with blankies and shit .3.

Maaaaannnn thank god I have our weirdest character.
LOL I wanted to be in the Falx! but I guess Vaun is sorta like a social misfit, maybe blankie suits him better? I feel like this is gonna cause trouble for him though o_o

So we're still waiting on a few more people to post their CS right?

Hyped for this!! I wonder how long it takes for Connie to (almost) get in a fight, heheh.

Haha, it'll be interesting to see how well everyone gets along...or doesn't... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.