Mentoring Request Thread!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by sele to join our community. Please click here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for: Preferably an Intensive Mentor
Experience level: Not very much
Weak point: I love writing, however, I do have a problem with starting to write.

Looking For: Any
Experience Level: 2 years with one other person.
Weak Point: Extending my writing.
Optional: CosmicWeinerDog

CLAIMED BY COSMICWEINERDOG

Looking For: Any
Experience Level:
3 years on and off (collectively about 1)
Weak Point: Details, unintentional GMing (sorry!!! D'x) and character creation
Optional: CosmicWeinerDog

Looking For: Intensive
Experience Level:
I've been roleplaying for about two years in more official ways, but I have been the "GM" for my siblings' psuedo-LARP games since I was 7 or so.
Weak Point:
My post length is lacking, and I need to improve my descriptions (character and otherwise).
Optional:
Malkuthe Highwind

Thanks!

CLAIMED BY MALKUTHE

Looking For: An intensive mentor, though I would be thankful even for advice
Experience Level: Zero. I didn't even understand what an RP was until a few days ago
Weak Point: In terms of RP's, I don't know since I haven't tried, but I imagine that working my writing into the other players' flow will take some practice.
*edit: Optional: I'm pretty good on things like grammar, but I have a lot to learn about actual roleplay. I'll take anybody who's free

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: I have been roleplaying for seven years.
Weak Point: My biggest problem is character interaction and description, though I suppose whoever takes me under their wing will notice a glut of problem areas.

CLAIMED BY CRIMSONMAIDEN

Looking For: An intensive mentor would be awesome!
Experience Level: Several years, but I've never reached a level I would consider 'good enough'. Then again, I am a perfectionist, so...
Weak Point: I would like to work on making good, believable characters! And then characterizing them through roleplay without just listing their traits. Things like using descriptive language! I am more used to writing lab reports than prose.

CLAIMED BY CRIMSONMAIDEN

Looking For: An intensive, or semi-intensive mentor - meaning, I do not expect to be posting everyday nor do I expect the mentor to be doing the same. Once every week or so would be a good pace for me.

Experience Level: I've lurked around roleplaying sites, but have never been in any roleplays that have actually gotten off the ground. Iliana was my mentor for a while last year and it was a very great experience!

Weak Point: I don't do well at advancing plots and/or creating plots. My posts seem like they mostly respond to what has happened in previous posts, but never help develop or push the plot forward - and I'm just not sure how to do that and where the boundaries are.

CLAIMED BY IB

Looking For: Either? I am sure what is meant by counseling, but Intensive seems more fun. Is a mix possible?
Experience Level: ~6 Years.
Weak Point: I believe it's my delivery and sentence structure or writing style in general. The way I speak is mirrored in my types, and I speak with gaps or strange sentence structures and it can be somewhat confusing. I'd love to also just make my writing 'wow' people. I find my sentences seeming dull, but necessary so it's hard to eliminate them.
Optional: Anyone with the patience of a saint.

CLAIMED BY IB

Looking For: Advising.
Experience Level: I started almost 5 years ago. About 6 months more recently.
Weak Point: Length and action description.

CLAIMED BY LSTORM

Looking For: Intensive Mentor to RP with
Experience Level: ..... Um... Half a year?
Weak Point: Not Really Sure :C

NOTE: I asked for a Mentor before,but she's having some "problems" and well.. I couldn't even practice with her... So, Please, I need Someone D:

I don't mind having a female Mentor....
But i'd like to improve my "Romace" Style in Roleplay. soo.... Idk XD

Looking For: Intensive Mentor.
Experience Level: I've been roleplaying for about eight or nine years?
Weak Points: Starting. I always find myself coming up with a lot of ideas, but I never put them down on paper or onto word. I always second guess myself, and question if they'll be good enough. I also have a bit of trouble with Characterization description and regular description. I notice that I either put too much, or use very little of it.

Experience Level: About two years.
Weak Point: My biggest issue is confidence in my writing. Also being a new member on this site and on *forum role playing*, I think it'd be best to have someone help me so I don't really make that much of a fool of myself. ^^ Grammar needs some help, character development, (I tend to be a bit too focused on that), so I'd like to work on story building instead.

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: Advising Mentor
Experience Level: I used to roleplay about 1-2 years ago everyday for about a year and didn't have internet connection anymore, until now, that is
Weak Point: The thing is, I'm totally cool with my writing skills, I'm fine there. I just have a few questions like, after filling out a character form for an already in session roleplay, how do I enter the roleplay without being a total interruption?

Experience Level: I just started roleplaying, have only roleplayed once or twice with my boyfriend and some of his friends.
Weak Point: My self esteem. I have fairly good writing skills, and I have a lot of creative ideas, just have problems reaching out to people and just jumping into a conversation.

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: I would prefer an intensive mentor.
Experience Level: 1 year of casual roleplaying, aka not worth mentioning.
Weak Point: Getting my character involved with the plotline. Explaining, sentences ending up rather long or barely any description. Eventually battle.

Experience Level: I did a little RP but I felt uneasy
Weak Point: when I get good ideas is doesn't come on the pages the way I hope it would. Most of the times I get writer's block or a lot of grammar mistakes. My character's lack emotions and involvement in the plotline. I would love to be more descriptive and improve my romance RP.

Looking for: Intensive and Advising Mentor
Experience Level: About 3 years.
Weak points: Role playing other genres than Romance, and others that related such Fantasy/other time/era/age + romance, homosexual relationships/Yaoi. Simplify, I wouldn't role play other things than Romance and I need help with my grammar and also help with other tools needed in role playing like imagery and descriptions.
Optional : Grumpy or Ib would be my choice, but I am glad to have anyone in the listing as a mentor.

Thank you.

Looking For: Either.
Experience Level: About 4 years, but I've only been trying for about two.
Weak Point:
My biggest issue is details. I cannot stand them at all. I prefer to get straight to the point of the sentence and no matter how much I put that stupid habit through it won't die.

CLAIMED BY LSTORM

Experience Level:
Almost a year now (1 year on May 7 yay) but I've been gone for months!
Weak Point:
I bring my real self to the RP (me = socially awkward) and usually I am at a loss for words to express my character's feelings. I'm not too good with details. Character development = none (I just stay in the jump-in RPs because I think the level of the ones with CS is too damn high for me)
I am looking for the following:
Character Advice, Creative Advice, Roleplaying Advice, Writing Advice
It's important that my Mentor is willing to RP with me:
Yes
Optional:
PS I applied before but I was busy at that time (so now is my time to develop my RP skills) :)

CLAIMED BY VAY

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.