Mentoring Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: About a year now, though stopped doing one liners about two months ago.
Weak Point: I think that my problem is I don't get the right details in my post and repeat the same word too much, which causes me to make my post small and not I want it to be.

CLAIMED BY LAYNE

Experience Level: Couple of years on and off.
Weak Point: There are a few. Number one being details either in describing a person a setting or some hideous creature. I can envision it perfectly in my mind but when it comes down to putting it on paper I suck. Another would be action bit's again visualizing it in my mind is easy putting it on papter not so much, and finally putting emotion in my posts not like "so and so feels sad" but giving it that spark that really makes the words come off the sreen in a sense

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For:Intensive
Experience Level: no expierience
Weak Point: Ideas, detail, character building, how to RP

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: Advising is more of what I'm looking for, but I'm not against role playing with my mentor.

Experience Level:
I have been on and off on writing for about 8 years or so. I have only started role playing about five or six months ago on Facebook which involved a lot of one-liners and chat RP's. I would however tend to post longer posts at times.I have only just joined Iwaku about a month ago and as of yet, I've been able to post only a few times due to dead RP's and other issues.

Weak Point:
My biggest issue is getting myself to start writing something. It's a hassle for me to decide on an idea and attempt to start writing it out. I'm also not good at coming up with names for characters and tend to mull over the process of naming people. I also don't have confidence in my explanations and descriptions of scenes and characters. A lot of my past experiences involved others telling me about the "show don't tell" rule and I worry that I am not setting up my writing well enough for my reader who doesn't exactly know what is going on like I do in my mind.One of my friends has said that I "describe things weirdly"

CLAIMED BY SCARLETTE

Experience Level: Roughly 6 years, but I havent written anything in nearly two year, so I've gotten really rusty.
Weak Point: Characterization I believe? My characters tend to get weaker as the rp progresses.
Optional: Nope. :)

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Experience Level: Not very long.. ): but i am very willing to learn! ^-^!
Weak Point: not knowing what to say or how to respond.. and not being very desriptive.. >->
HELP MEE!!! D:!

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Experience Level: maybe about 3 years?
Weak Point: I suck at detail and making the rp flow ~~~

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: More advising than intensive, but I am fine with both.
Experience:
Level: Around 4 years. Maybe?
Weak Point:
Word choice, sometimes grammar, detailing when expressing the actions or thoughts of characters.

CLAIMED BY DAVION

Looking For: Intensive and Advising Mentor

Experience Level:
I've only RP'd for about 3 years.

Weak Point:
I've had problems with choosing words, keeping characters true to their personality, expanding character actions and thoughts, and detailing.

CLAIMED BY DAVION

Experience Level: Maybe 6 months
Weak Point: Making the rp have purpose, character seeming too godlike, and flaws in storyline

CLAIMED BY PHEONIX

I can use the input of a mentor to teach me how to play a 'good' aligned character.

CLAIMED BY DAVION

Looking for: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: I've been rping for five or so years. I stopped for a while when I was 13 and started up again at 14. So I'd say that I'm decent at it.
Weak point: I guess it would have to be getting the details. I'm not all that good at it because I tend to use general setting and such.
Also I'm not good at keeping a plot interesting when it get boring and that leads to both me and my partner dropping the rp and me having to find a new partner.

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: Intensive Mentor.
Experience Level: Two and half years.
Weak Point:
Giving the necessary details. Creating a history for a character. Stop repeating the same words and using bigger words.

CLAIMED BY LAYNE

Looking For: Intensive Mentor.
Experience Level: Five years on an off PbP, three years Tabletop.
Weak Point: Storytelling, description, playing characters with actual flaws, beefing up posts to more than a few sentences.

CLAIMED BY LEE-LEE

Looking For: I think I would like an Intense Mentor to roleplay with me.
Experience Level: I've been roleplaying for a couple years now, but I'm not sure I've been roleplaying with enough experienced roleplayers to have increased my own skills. I have mainly roleplayed cats and animals, but only recently gotten into human roleplaying. That's what I might need help with.
Weak Point: I'm not sure, that's kind of what I'm looking for.
Optional: No particular names. I hope they're cool though.

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking For: Intensive i think
Experience Level: Never Roleplayed before. I'd love to start though, since it seems really fun :3
Weak Point: I dont really know >.< I'm a shy person usually

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: Ten years off and on, mostly I write fanfiction on the side.
Weak Point: Action//Fighting scenes, Dialogue set up , Grammar , Playing Other Genders, Romance and fluff.
Optional:
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
CLAIMED BY LEE-LEE

Looking for: someone who can heelp me with alot

Experience Level: 0 I have a good mind for this stuff thow

weak points are: all sadly );

I'm completely new to RPing. I have always loved to write, though. I consider myself a pretty good writer. I just need help learning the basics and feeling confident about knowing what I''m doing.
Experience Level: Complete newbie at RPing
Weak Point: Not sure what I'm doing. I would like someone to help me get into it and teach me the basics.

Looking For: Learning through doing is what I like best, so I suppose a more intensive approach would work.
Experience Level: Not very long, but I'm not a total 'noob'
Weak Point: Some of my posts are hard to respond to and I find my writing being more... Shall we say purple?
Optional: Anyone, really.

CLAIMED BY LEE-LEE

Status
Not open for further replies.