Mentoring Request Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking For: It really doesn't matter. Both would be great actually.
Experience Level: 7 years tops.
Weak Point: Fighting, and imagery.
Optional: Pheonix.

CLAIMED BY PHEONIX

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: More than 10 years
Weak Point: Just in general details

CLAIMED BY IB

Looking For: Advising mentor
Experience Level: Started last May, so that's... 8 months, but half probably inactive (whoops!)
Weak Point: Details and trying to fit into the scene. Jump-in kind of person, but once I don't have a role, I get out of the RP.

Thank you!

CLAIMED BY ZEN

Looking For: Intensive Mentor (but Advising would be okay too)

Experience Level: I just started back RPing a month ago after a 2-year hiatus. I am incredibly rusty lol

Weak Point: I have trouble with writing combat/battle scenes (which I desperately want to perfect) and I also have trouble with describing my character's surroundings (when they are outdoors or somewhere complex)

CLAIMED BY PHEONIX

Looking for: Advising or Intenseive Mentor
Experience Level:
2 years mostly fight Rp.
Weak Point: Being Descriptive and word flow of Rp

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking for: Intensive Mentor or an Advising Mentor

Experience Level: In real life, I began to intensely give all my toys voices and a story behind them. At four, I began to write stories with the over active imagination I had. Now I have roleplayed with other for only a few years.

Weak Point: I excessively use "he", "she", and "they." My description skills when writing my own story are not bad... When it comes to the description skills when I try to roleplay... They don't seem to come out right. So I guess I lack most there... Combat and action like roleplays I kinda find myself stuck at as well.

Other: In the past, I've had mentors help me with descriptive... All they see seemed to say was "good job" or "punctuation issues"... That's not what I'm looking for. I need someone to break things down and tell me what I'm doin wrong and how to get better. I'm not worried about punctuation at all. They also tested me with my own descriptions of things and didn't try to test them with a reply with one of the mentors roleplay samples. Thus the description was the same as my stories and not how I describe it in roleplays. Also... I find when Mentors literally pushing and not just pushing me to the side helpful as well.

Sorry to be a bit difficult.

CLAIMED BY LSTORM

Looking For: At minimum Intensive but both would be good too
Experience Level: 6 + years
Weak Point: I've been playing the same character in an ongoing storyline now since '08 so I'm kinda stuck in her personality. I was hoping someone might be able to help me with new character creation and break me out of my shell, so to speak. I also need some help, I think, with coming up with non-repetitve descriptors in 3rd person (ie; I use "the girl", "she", and "(enter character title here such as warrior, princess, fighter, etc) a lot but feel there could be more options. Maybe I'm wrong? =/

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: Intensive is preferred, but if the mentor best suited for me only does advising that would work.
Experience Level: I started 8 years ago, but it has been on and off. Probably around 4-5 years consistent roleplaying?
Weak Point: Finding the right balance of being descriptive to paint a good picture without making the post boring to read. Being able to integrate actions, and dialogue effectively to help convey emotion and what the character is feeling. Repetition of the same words shortly after they have already been used.

CLAIMED BY OSSOCHANTER AND ESTHALIA

Looking For: Intensive
Experience Level: 1 or 2 years at most
Weak Point: Length, contributing to the plot, playing different types of personalities, playing males, integrating emotions, thoughts, and actions together, I use he, she, they way too much

CLAIMED BY ESTHALIA

Looking For: Advising
Experience Level: Uh... little? I've roleplayed with my friend a couple of time, so that counts for something right?
Weak Point: I don't know what i am doing. I am new to roleplaying on forums and have no idea how this all works.

CLAIMED BY LOVELESSESBUTTERFLY (YUME)

Looking For: Intensive Mentor, please!
Experience Level: Probably around 1.5-2 years?
Weak Point:
I'd just like some more experience. I'm totally new to the site and although I'm a fair writer, I'd like some more insight into how iwaku specifically operates, as well as just some fine tuning in terms of pacing.

CLAIMED BY SCARLETTE

Looking For: Both.
Experience Level: 1-2 years.
Weak Point: I think I either babble, or don't add enough details, or make paragraphs long enough. Playing males is also a big thing I can't do. And also maybe don't have enough emotion in my posts, and I'm not very good at writing, period.

Oh, and I'm not good at action posts, or sex scenes, I don't think. There's a lot.

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking For: Intensive Mentor.
Experience Level: Well Maybe... half a year? or so... But.. I'm practically New XD
Weak Point:Well... I'd Say Getting Close to other People during the RP, i'm sure when's the right Time... And i have some problems when i comes to writting what i picture in my mind~~
>w<)v

CLAIMED BY MALAKYEE

Experience Level: I've been roleplaying for several years.... And I do write my own stories
Weak Point: I can get a bit muddled, and my posts always seem either to short or too long.
Sometimes I just have trouble figuring out how to say what I want to without it seeming awkward.

CLAIMED BY JOVIAN

Looking For: Intensive Mentor or Advising Mentor
Experience Level: Four years/not that experienced.
Weak Point: Getting comfortable enough to post without fear of judgment, being able to look past my perfectionism long enough to actually write something, be consistent in my writing style, being able to write longer posts, etc.

CLAIMED BY ESTHALIA

Looking For: Someone to help me get started, and if they like me to help me improve further on down the road.
Experience Level: I've really been observing more than doing. I have a general idea of how things go, but no idea how to start things.
Weak Point: Creating a character without making her too boring. I'm not exactly sure how to develop her.

CLAIMED BY YUME/LOVELESSESBUTTERFLY

Looking for: Advising and analyst mentor
Experience: many year
Weak points: plot hijacking...im pretty good at it sometimes, developing strong 3d characters, D&D style role plays, genre explorative

CLAIMED BY OSSOCHANTER

Looking For: Intensive Mentor, please.
Experience Level: I have been role playing since age 10 so, 9 years.
Weak Point:
I seem to have trouble keeping my sentences together and in order. I put a lot of 'nonsensical' things in my posts when it isn't necessary. I also think that I could use help putting myself into different genres of role plays. Maybe getting a more extensive vocabulary. Possibly character development?
Optional: I am awesomely awkward sometimes and scatter brained. <3

CLAIMED BY KITTI

Experience Level: Maybe a year or two?
Weak Point: Probably getting all my thoughts down. I have the perfect vision playing in my head but I cant describe it as well as others would in writing. Also some other areas im not so confident in -like playing out fight scenes. Im use to writing for myself and focusing only on my character but im interested in joining group RPs and would like to soon.

CLAIMED BY COSMICWEINERDOG

Looking for: Intensive
Experience level: I'd say about 3 or 4 years on and off.
Weak point: Writing flow and maintaining reader interest. I find a lot of my posts read like a manual.

CLAIMED BY ESTHALIA

Status
Not open for further replies.