DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
Do you feel like you could benefit from having a more experienced writer work with you on your particular weaknesses, and/or roleplay with you so that you can improve through practice and following their example? Our Mentors can help!
Just CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE FORM and it will post here for you!

Last edited:
I hope I'm doing this correctly!! Sorry if I'm not >//<

Looking For: Advising Mentor
Experience Level: I used to RP... Maybe 7 years ago, and I RP'd for 2 years~
Weak Point: Probably getting the thoughts down! I think the greatest thing about RPing is that anything can happen... But sometimes I have trouble writing down what's on my mind. I read what others write and I am in awe at their way with words. I would like to improve this *^^*

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

I would love to have a mentor help me learn how to RP... I have had many friends who roleplay, and I love to write and always wanted to get into roleplaying myself, but just never got the chance.

Looking For: An intensive mentor.
Experience Level: Completely new... never RP'd with anyone before.
Weak Point: I feel like my writing in general is okay, but I never know where to start. I need some help getting going.

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: since middle school, so about 6-7 years? years of experience does not = skill though :3 i started as a kid, so..
Weak Point: I need help with combat/fight scenes! (I know I wrote the workshop with Palonis), but I feel like that aspect of my writing needs help :D I can visualize fight scenes when other people write them, but I have to turn off my music, close my other browser tabs, and totally read it out loud to imagine it properly. I don't mind doing that, but in other things it's easy for me to imagine it, so I'd just like to be more fluent in these scenes.

please and thank you! :]

CLAIMED BY ORION

Experience Level: Um... I used to roleplay actively about 5 years ago. I think I had been roleplaying for about 2-4 years. Sorry, I have a bad memory.
Weak Point: I am extremely hesitant and shy. Also, I would like to improve my writing skills and expand my creativity. So, yeah. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CLAIMED BY CAMMYJAG

Experience Level:
I've been playing since middle school, so about 4-5 years. I wouldn't say I'm that good, though
Weak Point:
Honestly, I don't really know. That's kind of why I wanted a mentor; I don't really get much criticism on my writing and thus don't really know what's good/where I'm going wrong.

CLAIMED BY OSSOCHANTER

Looking For: A mentor
Experience Level: About a year or two
Weak Point: I feel as if my writing isn't very...like BAM. It doesn't stand out to people and I feel i need to work on that...

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: Um, Either Intensive or AdvisingExperience Level: Since I joined Iwaku, so December maybe? ^^
Weak Point: When I read some people's writing it always flows so well, it's well worded, interesting and easy to read. I would like to learn how to do this too. Spacial awareness and the layout of rooms as well as fight scenes are some other points I would like to work on. Arigato ^^

CLAIMED BY OVERCAST

Looking For: either, or, but prefer to be intensive
Experience Level: half of a month
Weak Point: My biggest issue would probably be, getting started on talking. I have some small shyness issues, where i cannot speak... Kind of like a writers block.

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Looking For: Intensive Mentor, with a bit of advise thrown in:)
Experience Level: I've been writing for a few years but only Rp'd since September.
Weak Point: Keeping the flow in my texts and the balance between description and dialouge, my hesitation when writing as the opposite sex and lastly keeping my character true to their personality while still developing them through the story.

CLAIMED BY ZEN

Looking For: I think I’m looking for an Advisor
Experience Level: About… oh guessing but I believe it to be four of five years now
Weak Point: My biggest issue is the length. I’d like to learn how I could be more descriptive with my characters

CLAIMED BY CARNIVAL MONSTER

I hope I did this right. Well any help from anybody will be very much appreciated.

Experience Level: A few years, but sporadically
Weak Point: I do write stories, so I assume writing is OK. I'm not one hundred percent sure though.

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Experience Level: 7 months?
Weak Point: Starting a post. I'm like "Okay! I'm gonna reply now." then, uhm...how do I start?. Also, dialogue with others. I think I'm good with describing how my characters feel or act but when it comes to interacting with others, I get stumped. Lastly, I need advise on how to write in a non-romance rp.

CLAIMED BY CERULEAN

Experience Level: Seven years, five here.
Weak Point: Beginning a post, some overall narrative. (ie: incorporating senses in my narratives)

CLAIMED BY OSSOCHANTER

Looking For: Either, I'd be fine with intensive or advising.
Experience Level: Eug...h... maybe 5 years?
Weak Point: Whenever I'm writing, I feel like what I'm writing grows boring and possibly repetitive. I also have trouble making a post if there's little interaction between my partner and myself. So, it'd be nice to have some help with narrative.

CLAIMED BY KITTI

Looking For: Intensive
Experience Level:
Round about two years.
Weak Point:
Keeping in character and writing interesting, thoughtful posts. I feel like I'm a very bland writer. Also, expanding on characters and generally developing them through roleplay.

Please and thank you!

CLAIMED BY JOVIAN

Hmm … I feel awkward requesting here. Generally I'm confident with my writing style. But there is always room for improvement and I do feel like there are weak points in my posting, so why not?! :D Not to be obnoxious, but I've added a section of what I am looking for in a mentor, just to help find someone who is willing to help me in that way, as well as links to some of my posts.

Thank you to all mentors for helping Iwaku become a better place, and thank you to those asking for mentorship for the courage to improve!

Looking for: Advising mentor

Experience Level: I've been roleplaying for 5 years now. I am most active in Iron MUD texting games, I even made a group! I'm just making my first experiences with hosting a roleplay through Anarchy. I also write stories on the side … but … let's not go there :/

Weak Point: I think a mentor would be quicker to grasp this than I can, but I do know of some distinct elements in my posts that bother me. First of all, they are, like, chapter-long. I keep having to add summaries. My posts are fine in length in my OnexOne with Sleepydreamer, but in large-scale RPs that fascinate me I go off and I feel like I start rambling. While I flatter myself as articulate, often my imagery seems either too bland or all cheesy and exaggerated to me D:

I'm looking for: Someone who could lend a flow to my writing, teach me how to write more succinctly and avoid useless blather in my posts, and who can help me with descriptive language.

Posts of mine: This is my OnexOne with Sleepydreamer, I play Elyaevin Palfile. This is the roleplay I've recently joined with a character called Elayna Aurora (post 35, page 2), Asmodeus's FateGuard. This is the roleplay I created wherein I have two characters, Keda Angharra (post 2, page 1) and Flavya de Rose (post 20, page 1).

CLAIMED BY OSSOCHANTER

Looking For:advising mentor
Experience Level: 6 years
Weak Point: i am a one liner

CLAIMED BY CELESTIALIS

Looking For: Advising Mentor (Though I am just as willing to RP with them)
Experience Level: I started in rping and writing around two years ago, but I have always loved telling stories and creating worlds and characters. So I have done some chat RP and have done forum RP for awhile now.
Weak Point: I'm not even actually sure what I'm weak on, but I want to improve. I want to become a better writer and in the process become a better rper; not the other way around though.

CLAIMED BY REVISION

Looking for: intensive mentor
Experience level: none haha sorry about that
Weak point: I'd say my weak points would be writing, descriptiveness and I guess how to RP good.

CLAIMED BY ILIANA

Status
Not open for further replies.