Melancholy Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll be ok. As long as we find a safe area, or wake up, we'll be fine." Jake wiped his face with his hands, and rubbed his eyes with his palms. The world seemed to be taking a toll on his strength, and he was trying his best not to show it.

"Lets um, lets just find a place to lay down. I'm sleepy. I'm scared but also still very sleep." Slowly she tooks his hand and blushed. Letting go she wasnt sure if she should hold it. "Sorry. Um maybe there are beds here. Like upstairs?"

"I think we have to wait it out, to awaken in the real world. You check out the upstairs, I'll guard the entrance." Jake handed Raven a small flashlight, and began patrolling the floor.

"Right ok." Raven took the flashlight and made her way up the creepy steps. One by one she went slowly trying to be brave but everything just felt so creepy. On the landing she paused and looked back down. She could just see the back of Jake before he was gone from sight. After letting out a sigh she took another but missed the stair and fell foward hitting her head on the step instead. It hurt like hell. Blinking a few times she lay there then the room went black. The flashlight rolled out of her hand. She never even made it upstairs.

Bolting upright in her bed Raven cried out and her mother rushed in. "You ok?"

"What?"

"You ok?"

"Yeah... bad dream.. strange dream." Rubbing her forehead she curled back up.

Jake heard Raven call out in pain, and he rushed to the stairwell, ready to fight. She toppled, and faded, but with her, she took a chunk of the world. From that center point, it began to fall, like a chain reaction, from an action movie.

Jakes eyes widened, and he ran. He began pulling the couch away from the exit, ignoring the pain in his frame. A stitch tore, but he kept heaving, pulling the furniture away from the only open door. It was far enough to get through, so Jake leapt over the back, and through the door.

The world fell around the house. Trees falling, creatures collapsing, ground crumbling. Jake ran, for he knew that falling again would stop him once, and for all.

He had been running for a while now, and was bleeding profusely. His legs were ablaze, his lungs an inferno. He had stopped at the doorstep of a nice looking house, with a blue door, and gold colored shutters when the pit caught up to him.

Pain. Pain and darkness. Not a constant pain, but bumps, spikes, and blunt pain. "GOD DAMN! We're losing him!" "Keep bloody going!" Jake convulsed, then lay still. The nurse watched, as the doctors attempted, but failed to revive the dreamer. "Time of death, 7:39 pm."

The nurse knocked on the door of Ravens house, and left a small package on her doorstep. It contained a note, a bronze key, and a small necklace, with a bronze cloud. The note read,

"To Raven. I have come to an end, but you got out, thank goodness. I'm writing this from the void of dreaming, where I will eventually meet my end. With any luck, my essence-holder will deliver this to you, along with a necklace from the void. Please wear it, for it will save you from experiencing what we shared in the bad realm on your own. As my last words to you, I want to say that I would have wanted no other person to share this with me. Good luck in all your life, outside dreams. Oh, and please take care of Kimo, and Sophie, my cat and dog.

Most love:

Jake, the dreamer."

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.