Melancholy Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
"HOLY SH**! Raven, run!" Jake stood, and ran over to Raven's side. He swung at the monster, and where the blade struck, green fluid oozed. The broken skin nigh instantly healed though, and it stepped backwards. Jake slammed the interior door, and pulled a large box over it. "This a dream... This HAS to be a dream..."

Raven ran as fast as she could. Opening one door and then another down the long hallway that seemed to come out of nowhere. She couldnt get to the outside. She yanked on every door but once they were open she could only go a few feet. "This is pointless. Madness. I hate this! Let me outta here!" Screaming and banging on the last door it shattered into a busted mirror on the floor and every piece of mirror popped up in blades that tried to cut her feet.

Screaming she ran the other direction. "Jake!!!" She kicked and trashed around. The next thing she knew felt one strike her hip and everything went pitch black. A heavy weight landed on her.

"There... keep her in the restraints. Call her parents. She isnt getting better."

"Oh damn..." The eyeless creature extended its arms, and swung at Jake. He ducked out of the way, and swung the cleaver at the monster. It grabbed him, and Jake fell to the ground. It kneeled, and began to asphyxiate Jake. He flailed with the knife again, and the creature fell back. Jake ran down the hallway where Raven went, and found the glass. He was pinned between un-working doors, and a monster. It came closer, and Jake fell into the void.

"Hold his arm will you." A doctor and nurse worked on Jake and got him into a bed.

"How he fell out of the bed I'll never know. He was resting perfectly fine. Did you see anything?"

"No, Doctor, I didint. Well keep an eye on him. We cant have him getting even more hurt."

Once Jake was tucked back into the bed and made comfortable the nurses checked on Raven who was just down the hall. Her mother and father were there and they were standing near Ravens bed.

"She looks ok but they say she says Jake all the time. Who is that?"

"I dont know. I just dont know."

Holding her hand, Raven's mom looked at her and touched her forehead. Her father had to leave the room. "I need some air."

He paced the hallway and passed by Jakes room. He happened to read the name on the room number and froze mid-step. Could it be?

Jake was staring off into space, and he noticed the man staring at him. "Hello? Sir? Can I help you?"

Raven's dad jumped at the voice and then looked around. "Oh.. excuse me. Forgive me for reading your name here on the door number thing. I... I" Rubbing his eyes he looked tired and unsure as he stepped a little closer into Jakes room.

"I'm sorry. My daughter is in another room just down the way here and.... and well she, she has been saying the name Jake and we dont know of anyone named Jake. Her friend at school, a boy but not a boyfriend wasnt Jake so we are very confused and when I saw your name I was... well I was very surprised at seeing it is all.

He blushed and stepped back. "I'll let you rest. Again, sorry to bother you. Very odd I know."

"Heh, thats alright. I don't mind." Jake stretched, and ran a hand through his hair. "I don't believe I've met your daughter. She seems nice, though. Give her my regards." Jake smiled, and picked up a book. He laid back down, and relaxed. Jake began to slip into unconsciousness, a natural, non-drug created one. His face relaxed, and the book fell onto his lap.

"Darling, their is a young man down the hall with the name Jake do you think that she might know him?" Her father asked as he walked into Raven's room once more but he was hushed he found Raven was mumbling again.

"She..."

"She is nodding off I think. The drug is waring off I just want her to nap. Hush." Her mother waved her hand for him to close the door.

Once it was shut Raven mumbled Jake a few times then went silent. Her eyes stopped trying to open and she found herself walking in tall grass.

Her finger tips touched the top of the grass. It smelled sweet making her smile. A soft breeze tickled her hair and it made her feel clean. Something she hadn't felt in a long time.

-Field, dreaming.

Jake was on his back, staring up at the clouds. He heard grass moving, but ignored the sound. He smiled, pleased with the dream. He laid in a patch of clover, with rosemary encircling a large circle of grass.

Raven kept walking and listened to the wind. Giggling a little as the breeze tossed her hair around her nose and lips. With tender fingers she picked away a few strands and looked around. Was she alone? It seemed like she was. The only thing she could hear was the soft gust of wind every now and then and the beating of her own heart.

Jake rose from his resting place, and scanned the area. He spotted Raven in the distance, and walked over to her. "Hello? Raven?"

Gasping she turned to face the voice. "Hello? Oh hi." Blushing Raven looked around and smiled. "Its so pretty here. I could just stay here forever. Don't you like it." Humming softly her finger tips found the tips of the grass to play with.

"Yeah, its a nice change from that creepy world." Jake warmly smiled, and ran a hand through his hair. He sat back down, and motioned for her to sit next to him. "It is pretty here. I like it."

"Do you know where we are?" Raven asked him taking a seat next to him. She was still in her robe and missing her slipper. Wiggling her toes she giggled. "Um, have you seen my slipper?"

"Hah, I'm afraid I haven't." Jake laid back, and looked up into the clouds. He seemed pleased, and perfectly content, lying there with Raven.

"Um, how long have you been here?" She asked him looking over at him.

"Not long, or atleast that I'm aware of. What about you?"

"I have no idea." Raven sighed and looked around. "I do want to go home though. I miss my cat." She closed her eyes and laid back.

"It's been a while since I've seen either of my pets. I've got a corgi, and a cat at home." Jake visibly relaxed, and stared up into the blue sky with Raven. "I kinda wish we could see each other in the real world. I bet your parents would love to see you moving."

"Wait what?" Raven looked over at Jake and blinked. "What you mean the real world? I thought maybe. I'm dreaming? This is a dream? But it feels so real. The grass is real. Your real. Right?" Raven sat up and took up a blade of grass to prove her point. "See touch it." She was able to hold it in her hand and offered it to him.

"Hold it. Tell me its real. I'm real right?" Tears formed in her eyes. "Im not crazy. I'm just lost. I can walk home I guess."

Status
Not open for further replies.