Melancholy Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes, yes you are real." Jake leaned in, and put his hands on her shoulders. "You are the most real... anything, I've seen since this all began." Jake took the blade, and flipped it back and forth, "I will help you. I will help you as much as I can. You are NOT crazy." Jake smiled warmly, and gave Raven a reassuring look.

"Will you walk me home then?" She blushed and reached out to take his hand. "I dont know what time it is and I'm getting really hungry." Right then here stomach growled and she felt a pain. "Oh..." Holding her side she blinked and then looked up at him. "Are you hungry?"

"Nah, not terribly." Jake walked with her, to the top of a hill. "I'm not sure if there's a house around here. What do you think?"

Last edited:
"I thought it was that way." Raven pointed away from them and saw something moving in the distance. "Whats that?"

Jake looked over there, and spoke, "I... Don't know... Perhaps another human?"

"It looks rather dark. And really really tall. I dont like it. Is that a rain cloud? No.. it cant be thats way to low to the ground. Its cold now why is it cold?" Holding her arms Raven looked around as the sky grew gray and clouds rolled in. "Jake, whats... whats happening?"

"Ssh, it'll be ok. S...stay here, alright? I'll go check it out." Jake sprinted over to the cloud, and picked up a staff from the ground. He swung at the dark cloud, and the stick recoiled, and fell onto the ground, broken in two. Rather startled, Jake investigated further, he crouched under the cloud, then came back up. He went back to Raven, and stood next to her. "Ok, if it's going to rain, then we need to find shelter, ok? Do you see anything?"

"I.. I dont know. Ouch." Rubbing her arm as if something bit her Raven rubbed slowly back and forth. "Something bit me." Blinking she looked at Jake and tried to say something but then she just dropped to the ground. "Ja..." Her eyes flickered as she was sucked away from his world and back into that with her parents.

"There she is." The doctor spoke with a kind smile.

"Hi honey. You've been sleeping to long so they had to wake you up. You can come home now." Her mother told her softly and touched her forehead.

"Ja...Jake?" Everyone around her exchanged glances and then looked back at her.

"Honey no one here is named Jake ok. We're going home."

"She can rest for a little while then be discharged. These pills should help. Monitor her sleep and she should be ok."

Nodding to the orders her parnets were so happy that she was going home. Raven just lay on her bed lost. She missed him and was so confused. "Jake..." A tear slid down her cheek.

"No!" Jake reached out for Ravens disappearing figure, and when she dissipated, he fell to the ground. "God DAMN! Why does this keep happening?" The shadowed clouds overtook him, and he sat in shadows, uncaring.

After about an hour Raven was all washed up and in a clean gown. Her hair pulled back into a neat pony tail and her nails clipped. Her room was bright as the paperwork came for her to leave. "Ok, honey here we go." An attendent came with a wheelchair to take her out of her room but Raven just sat on her bed very depressed.

"I dont want to go unless I can say by to Jake."

"Ah... well the only person here named Jake is a few rooms down honey. He your friend?" The attendent smiled and helped her with the blankets.
"Come now, I'll take you to him. Your mother and father are with the doctor anyway."

He helpd Raven into the wheelchair and wheeled her to Jakes room. There she saw him sleeping. "Jake?" Slowly she moved to stand next to him. Daring to touch his hand.

"He your um... friend?"

"I think so... am I dreaming?" She asked the attendent.

"No dear your wide awake as ever."

Jake lay there, still asleep. His chest was still, and he looked as if he was dead. As she touched his hand, one of his eyes groggily opened. "Hey Raven."

"Oh Jake" Raven nearly threw herself at Jake as she hugged him into the bed. Her arms wrapped around his neck. "I never thought I'd see you again. I thought it was all a dream but your real. Your right here." Blushing she pulled back and the attendent came to her side. "Its time to go honey."

She looked at him. "But I dont want to." Raven looked at Jake. "Will you be ok?"

Jake smiled tiredly, and spoke, "Heh, I guess so. With anyluck I'll be out soon." He waved as they left, then ran a hand through his hair. The attendant approached him, and engaged him in conversation as she handed him a cup of pills for the pain. "Do you know that girl? You and her seem to be close." Jake smiled and shook his head as the drugs kicked in. "Only in dreams..."

Once Raven was home she felt like she was totaly lost and her room felt strange. Nothing fet like it belonged to her. She missed someone she had hardly know at all. Why? What was the connection. Something about him made her want to see him again but how? After dinner she took a nap and that was when it happened.

Having pizza was a bad idea. Something massive was running after her. It had huge teeth and blue hair. What the hell was it. It snarled and rattled chains. It was so ugly. It was barking and tried to trip her. Raven ran and ran. A house came into view and she ran inside. Not knowing who's it was or anything. Once more she was totaly lost. Lost in a horrible nightmare. The strange beast at the door trying to get her. Holding the door closed withh all her body weight Raven whimpered and cried. "Stop it! Just go away leave me alone!!"

Jake was awake on his bed, pain wracking his frame. He stumble-stood out of bed, and wandered into the entry-room. He saw Raven, and ran to the door. "What are you doing here? I thought you were free!" The monster slammed across the door, and cracked the wood. "This door isn't going to hold, we need to go!" Jake pointed to another interior door, and smiled weakly.

Raven hugged Jake and softly let him go. "Oh sorry. Ok, which way. Here let me help you. Are you ok?" Gently he tucked her shoulder under him to help support him. "Are you ok? I dont know where we are or anything. I just know that thing is trying to eat me or kill me. I dont know."

"I wouldn't think anything here is friendly, they haven't been so far." Jake pointed to a couch and spoke, "If we shove this infront of the door, then I think it'll be secure, for now." He gripped the end of it, and shoved.

Raven helped him then backed away and looked for a place to hide. Rubbing her eyes she still looked sleepy and scared. "I dont like this place. That thing was so werid. What happened to you? Where did you go?"

"Shh, one thing at a time." Jake closed his eyes, exhaled, and replied to her questions. "The doctors are finishing me up, I think. My body is still at the hospital, I think." He realized what he said and talked on, "Um, I'm not dead, tho. Don't worry."

Blinking Raven thought for a moment and then just went over to him and hugged him. "Im sorry I get so freaked out." Letting go she blushed and tucked her hair back behind her ear. "I... I'm sorry." Holding her arms across her chest she tried to keep herself more collected and let him think. Clearly she was making him more tired and she felt bad. "Um, you should rest then huh."

Status
Not open for further replies.