Meaning Behind Your Username

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I wanted an epic name which would kinda stick out.
But I forgot you all have legendary names :P
So yeah... :P

Eolande is one of my older characters. I hardly use her and she isn't spectacular or anything. I just especially like her name. She was a fairy I liked to play as as a child. I still use her every now and again, but not very often. This is actually the only place I don't use my usual handle, Autumn_rose. Autumn's my first name, and Rose is my middle. Sounds prettier than my last name and I usually use it instead for reasons :P.

Because I'm a boiling cauldron of rage and hatred

I've had so many usernames so many places. Before I was Revision, I was Yang for several years. Before that, Sashlahime. Well, neither name fit anymore, so I changed the Yang persona up and named her Revision Yang. Somehow, that, too, changed to just Revision. As Revision, I feel free to change and not be constrained by a persona.

Once upon a time in a small town of Manitoba, Canada, thrived 4 young girls in the upstairs hall of their high school. They were eager to get out for Christmas break, but even more eager to do their Annual Present Exchange in front of their lockers! So, the young girls exchanged those presents and I eagerly opened mine and...

BAM.

MITTENS SHAPED LIKE KITTENS. WHISKERS AND ALL.

:3

Oh and my favorite number is 83, and my original username was MittenKitten83 but now everyone calls me Mitts, Mitten, Mittens, Kitten, or they all have some sort of nickname out of my username (my favorite one so far being Ili's 'Mitters' :D) I guess also though my real life self is a bit cat-like and everyone either thought I was a mouse or kitten because I was so shy and timid in my high school days~ ^^

YAY! :D

Was the name of my favorite character, and one of the first, I ever created. It's a reminder of my morals and what I want to be remembered like by those I meet.

My name came from a shoujo anime, I think it might have been Peach Girl, but I'm not too sure at the moment. There was a point where the main character was in a bookstore looking for instructions on how to bake a cake, and the translators were thorough enough to translate the titles of various random books that just happened to be in the shot. One of them (out of many) happened to be translated as "Yummy Lunches." For some unexplainable reason, I remember this, and further absurdity has lead me to choose it as a username. Since then, I've been using it for most places.

I have had multiple name changes through out the time starting with the first one which was Ike1694. Ike Originated from the Video Game called Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, I liked the name and all but I though Ike would be too generic and probably already taken. So I added 1694, I got this from my birth date which is 02/16/94. I used it for about a year or so and then changed to Shadow_Ike. It became that during my time in high school (eleventh grade to be exact) during a time that I wasn't really myself. It then changed from that to Ike Sapphire/Sapphire Ike since I didn't want to be associated with Shadow_Ike any longer. I chose Sapphire because Sapphire is a beautiful blue, one of my favorites. So ever since then I have been known as Sapphire Ike or Ike Sapphire (Minecraft it's still Shadow_Ike because my brother didn't let me input my own name)

Character in my avatar: The Soldier
The Soldier uses a shovel as his melee weapon.
Hence, Sergeant Shovelslap.

Haha I'm not sure how entertaining this story is but why not.

I was watching a documentary called 'Exit Through the Gift Shop' with my best friend. It's about graffiti artists and one of my favorite documentaries ever. All of the street artists have cool nicknames. Banksy, Mr. Brainwash, Space Invader and so on. Jokingly I mentioned how cool it would be to do graffiti. My friend commented I would need a sweet nickname. I quoted Arrested Development's Buster: "Im
a monster!" as she was saying something about me being modest. I thought modest monster was nifty so I stuck with it.
*shrug*

My current username is basically what I want to use for a pen name, if I ever manage to publish anything. I pretty much just like the sound of it, haha.

Mine is easy and probably not very interesting. Dawn is my middle name! It... gets... light outside at dawn. DawnsLight! Yay!

Not terribly creative, but it works for me.

Well mine is because my fiancee's nickname is "The Duke" and about a year ago all his REALLY good guy friends started calling me duchess. I thought it was sweet. Well I love cats and Egypt and...i'm a wiccan so o e of my 'sisters' gave me Bastet. So it's a combo of two separate names that mean...well...me

Mine is from my childhood. I've been referred to as 'Night' for a while, then someone started calling me 'Nighteh', the 'eh' part apparently some kind of sign of respect.

My real name is "Amie" (like "Amy"), which was originally supposed to be "Ami" (Ah-mee), but an "E" somehow got tacked on, while my parents were having a dispute about exactly which of those two names to name me. -_-; Thanks, mom & dad. I was never fond of my name & its pronunciation as it's just too damn common where I come from. It never felt very unique.
Finally, after doing some research on my favorite language, Japanese, I found that I like the sounds of their vowels, which eventually led me to spelling my name out, as it sounds, using their vowels: E-i-mi (Ay-ee-mee). I liked the spelling much better & later ended up doing a bit more research to see if this particular spelling meant anything.
Holy cow, was I surprised! This is what I found:

Eimi is a Japanese given name for girls. The name literally means "Beautiful scripture (writing)".
(I'm an aspiring writer! I have been, ever since I was 9 years old.)
Eimi is also a first name in Hebrew for girls which literally means "My mother".
(I love kids! I'm not interested in bearing my own, but I'm very protective & loving.)
It also has a second meaning in Ancient Greek which is translated as "I am" or "To be".
(I am who I am, but I always strive to be better off, particularly in health & enlightenment.)

Thus, "Eimi" has become the name for an original character of mine who is basically just a fantasy extension of myself.
She's kind of like a Mary-Sue, since she gets to live/play in my world & see/do things that I can only dream of.
I tend to use her as my alias for just about everything, especially on sites like this, when I get to be more her & less myself. ;P

Mine is simply from creating a name for a character on adeo game, and I rather enjoyed the name. I made a bard on a game called Ragnarok Online, an since then, I've used it. ALl of my characters Have some variation of Storm, Death, or Skye in them, because all of these mean something to me from my past.

My username comes from my tendency to stare into space and plot little stories just for myself... *¬*

Even Though it's Obvious, My Name Comes form a particular sword I like, From The Bleach manga. And The Spirit that Contains it is also among my favorite characters. Something to get it off my chest, even though elsewhere I use Ogichi/Oghichi, to just Mirror name My favorite Wielder, Which is My absolute character. An evil Alter Ego.

My name is a bit self-explanatory. I chose it after one of my all-time favorite video game characters, Princess Daisy <3

Lol.. well I had at first an account elsewhere in other sites and stuff called TheDragonKinslayer which I made after the books The Wheel of Time (a character called both Kinslayer and the Dragon so I put the two together)
I also read another book that had a character named Osidian so I made other accounts instead OBsidian after said character..
Lol cuz I love books so much..
So for my username on here I just kinda sort stuck the two other usernames I use together as one lolz