Meaning Behind Your Username

My name does not have a complicated history to it. It is the short for Lightning Storm. I have always liked electricity, especially lightning, so it fits me really well, but surprisingly, that is not entirely what inspired me as far as I remember. The direct inspiration for the name was likely the Lightning Storm superweapon of the Allied faction in Red Alert 2, which, while not the most powerful superweapon in the game, looked cool and amazing. So Lstorm was originally written out as Lightning Storm, but that was too long for me, so I simply shortened it.

My username derived from my real name, which was given to me as a nickname when I was younger. I started using it as alias on the interwebz when I starting playing MMO's and such. I'm also go by Karasu, which means "crow" or "blackbird." Crows are one of my obsessions.

I scare easily, so my friends used to refer to me as a fainting goat because the last time they scared me, I literally fell over onto my back. I needed a new username from the one I'd been using since I was 12 so I figured an Uneasy Goat was the next best thing.

My middle name's Rose, and when I first began posting poems on a forum site that I went to I didn't want to just put Rose. Well, a lot of my poetry was really depressing so I used BleedingRose to express that I was in pain. It's just stuck and is easy to remember for me so it's what I use now.

Well let me start out by saying i related to this song because i always felt caged and well nightingales where my favorite bird ((besides the raven because of poe)) and well i used to be called birdy when i was little and now that im grown i dont use my last name unless its like a document so my friends use nightingale as my last name. i try to get away from everything about my father even his last name.

i used to used belladonna in my name all the time i once used the name belladonna kisses and because the sites i used the people where to stupid to know what the atropa belladonna is they thought my real name was belladonna so i got sick of it and stuck with things most people would know like nightingale.

So, as you can all tell, Church is derived from none other than... *drum rolls* church. You know, that big old building with the pointy top and the pretty windows, where you kneel and pray during mass?

I am not even religious, and I haven't set foot in one except for the odd family christmas in years and years.

I just like the sound of it. Something about the word makes it so pretty. Or that could be my accent doing all the work, but when I say it I definably hear a lovely word, despite the fact that I never enjoyed going to church. Say it with me now. Church. Doesn't it sound pretty? No? Well that must be because your accent sucks.

So yes, the totally-not-a-secret secret has been revealed! :D

Seems everyone has an interesting story behind their username. 'SVoer" is a play on my true name. The combination is how the dragon riders of Pern combine their names. That is from a book series by Anne McCaffrey.

I'm not sure why I decided to use 'SVoer' and not my other online aliases on this site. Perhaps its because I will never have an RP character with that name. If I wasn't Svoer, Idda been N"Murk or PumpkinMan. The last is always a fun name.
:Jackolantern:

So, as you can all tell, Church is derived from none other than... *drum rolls* church. You know, that big old building with the pointy top and the pretty windows, where you kneel and pray during mass?

I am not even religious, and I haven't set foot in one except for the odd family christmas in years and years.

I just like the sound of it. Something about the word makes it so pretty. Or that could be my accent doing all the work, but when I say it I definably hear a lovely word, despite the fact that I never enjoyed going to church. Say it with me now. Church. Doesn't it sound pretty? No? Well that must be because your accent sucks.

So yes, the totally-not-a-secret secret has been revealed! :D
i never liked the word church it reminds me of bad things...but i can see your point it does have a pretty sound.

I took my name from the line "Catch me if you can!"
Went a bit and re-spelling it and got the Cache!

October cause I love that time of year! I used to be October Knight, but then I broke a sacred oath and lost my knighthood. Now I am known by the title leche, which means milk in Spanish. October Leche. Honestly I just like the sound of that word combo.

Also, I have been on Iwaku for long enough, and have gotten most of my social interaction here, so that I think of myself as October instead of my real name, it is kinda weird sometimes.

I... actually have that same problem, October. People have been calling me Ozzie so long that my real name actually gives me pause.

I haven't been Iwaku THAT long (my Iwakuversary is in October, actually!) but I've been Ozzie for much longer.

Zen is a shortened version of my original username, which is Zeneba (pronounced Zen-ee-ba). I changed it to Zen because people had trouble pronouncing the original and to be honest, it's more of an actual name now than a nickname. And I actually don't mind it. It's similar sounding to my real name, it symbolizes one of the things I want in my life and it's easy to remember.

However unlike Ozzie and October I haven't been called Zen enough to completely associate myself with that moniker. Perhaps with more time... And Skype nights. >.<

It's my last name. A teacher in grade school used to call me Clarkbar, a type of candy bar that I personally don't like, and eventually most people started doing so as well. After a few months people just called me Clark and I've been using it as a username ever since.

It's my last name. A teacher in grade school used to call me Clarkbar, a type of candy bar that I personally don't like, and eventually most people started doing so as well. After a few months people just called me Clark and I've been using it as a username ever since.
really clarkbar she sould have at least gone for something cooler like clark kent -_- i had a friend who has Mc in their last name and they where called Mcdonalds until he changed his name....it really didnt help that he was kinda chubby

and october i was wondering why you became october milk but then i thought maybe the milk in october is better than mays milk

Um, One Direction anybody? I absolutely, positively love Zayn Jawaad Malik from One Direction, and in one of my recurring dreams, I am his wife :) lol - typical teen, I am!

Mmmkay! Back in the day my father and I were into astronomy, and I helped him build a telescope an all that fun stuff! We would go to star parties, and I just loved it! Then! When I was a delinquent juggalette, I was brought down with the name Astro ttthheennn someone else started calling me Zodiac. I then went to a IMVU because I wanted to play adult dress up hahaha! And so then I put down Celestial but for some reason I hit random and then the name Celestialis came out of it SO....

Celestialis came about ^.^

One day I was driving home and this stupid squirrel ran out in front of me. I slow down, it starts running away, so I speed up again, BUT THE FUCKER RAN OUT IN FRONT OF ME AGAIN. I did this like once more before finally running off. When I told one of my friends about it, she agreed that it was an indecisive squirrel. Then she said that I'm kinda like that squirrel 'cause I'm kind of an indecisive person, so for a couple days she called me Indecisive Squirrel. Then she figured that was way too long for casual use and went back to my real name. xD

Gibbed.gif

Ludicrous gibs...

So, I was reading a book written by an English author, and stumbled on a word I had no idea as to what it meant. Not wanting to move from my bed, I tried to figure it out by, ya know, content clues....didn't work. I glanced around my room, looking for the dictionary before I even started to plan my movements to conserve energy.
Spotting the old as dirt book, I got up and pulled it out from under my desk and looked up that word.
My nickname has always been Brea, but I didn't like it and never said the a at the end, so I became Bre. This word I was looking up was Crux, which by the way, means The most important, so thus, Cruxbre means, The most important Bre. :)