Maybe Not Happily Ever After (Ethan/+ Momo +)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I've never really heard of marriages out of love. Only in novels." He sighed. "Mother says that most forced marriages will workout fine too. A forced marriage is like pot of cold water wich you put on the stove. Slowly and securely it will start to warm. She told me that if two young people love each other and marry the love will disappear because it wouldn't be as the couple expected it to be. It sometimes is better to not know then to know" He looked at his wine glass and sipped it. "But I don't know, maybe that is all just made up to comfort me and my brothers and sisters"

"No, it sounds about right too." The words did made him think a little, and even chuckle. " I guess there's a saying for almost every path you take."

"I think there is indeed" He smiled and drank this wine, stopping the servant that wanted to refill it. "I've had quite enough now" He looked around the livingroom. "How will we ever get all those guests in this house" He mumbled and stood up. "Don't bother to follow me, I am going to shower" Akemi said and walked towards the bathroom.

Aiko didn't think it would be a problem, with the guests. The house was big, but maybe the number of guests coming were bigger...

"Don't bother to follow me, I am going to shower"

"Alright. " He didn't stop the servant from filling his glass.

[Because he didn't really think he was supposed to stop drinking it. The boy really never tasted wine until now.... poor soul.]

He wondered why he felt so open with the other, "That was a pretty nice conversation for the first day... I expected things to be pretty quiet and tense for a while.." Feeling a bit warm in the gown, he fanned the collar of it a bit, cheeks lightening up to a fresh pink, but nonetheless, he drunk the rest of his glass.

His shower was quick but effective and he got dressed in less official clothes. He walked back down and heard that the bell for dinner was rang. "Come on, lets go" He held out his hand for Aiko. "And stop drinking wine" He took the glass away from his husband and handed it to a servant. "No more for him today" He whispered and took him to the diningroom. "Have you ever had a meal made by a professional cook?"

He was genuinely confused when his glass was taken away, "Wine....why..?" Taking Akemi's hand and helping himself up, swaying a bit but evened himself out while being let to the dining area. For the moment he almost tripped over his feet.
"N-No, this'll be my first."

Akemi helped him steady and put him down on a chair while he walked to the other side of the table, sitting down. They had silver utensils and a plate made of the finished porcelain. "Aiko," Akemi said, putting food on his plate. "What was your dream when you where younger?" He asked and then started eating while looking at his now husband. It was all sligtly less bad then he had expected it to be.

"My dream?"
He thought for a moment, eating some food before his eyes lit up a bit. "Its delicious...~" Looking up at Akemi before he continued. "And my dream...hm, I don't remember, I think back then I wanted to just enjoy whatever life I had. And travel around, to see other parts of the world. What about you?" He took the moment to keep eating, the food was amazing, so nicely cooked and prepared, but his mothers food still had a place in his heart.

He should have known that the question would be fired back. He ate some of the chicken and waited with an answer. "I wanted to be explorer" he chuckled. "Children's dreams, silly things" he said and then stayed quiet. He didn't want to talk anymore.

"Children's dreams...."
Aiko trailed off. "Well, they're the start of having a passion for something. You would be a rather interesting explorer. . ." He grew a bit full, but managed to finish up his food, sitting quietly.
" It's not too late." He meant it, there were ways Akemi could still explore.

"don't talk rubbish" Akemi said sternly and waited for desert. "You are a peasant, you don't understand. I am the second son, I am supposed to do traditional jobs and to please the people. I got everything written down.

" I haven't forgotten where I come from." Aiko shot back just as stern. "What bothers me is that you call your dreams silly."
Watching as dessert was place in front of him, he was kind of full by this point, so ate pretty slow. His eyebrows furrowed tightly before they loosened. Losing himself in thought.

"Afcourse not" Akemi muttered. "It's because they are. Dreams are for little children. I am a married man and I shouldn't be thinking things like that" he felt like a replica of his own father right now. What he said was true though.

Aiko sighed through his nose, not wanting to argue as he ate what he could of the dessert and leaned back into his chair. A strand falling over his nose, but simply blew it away.

This got Akemi's attention. "Can't you cut it? It looks undecent the way you have it now" He said and the plates got removed. "Let's go to back to the sittingroom" Akemi stood up and waited for Aiko to follow

"I like my hair long, It's also well trimmed. My mother put years into my hair, so I could look 'beautiful' when I was to be wedded. " He slowly stood, following Akemi back to the sittingroom. "It's a respected style in my family, back then those with lng healthy hair were considered the successful ones, elegant, talented... I will trim it, but I will not cut all of it off." With that, he gently ran fingers through it, going through memories in his head.

Akemi nodded, he just thought that Aiko didn't like his hair being cut but there was so much more then that. "can you tell me more about your family?" he asked walking back to the sittingroom. "do they have any specialties? Nice stories?"

"My family branches off in many specialties, its not much of a family talent, we do everything. I like martial arts, and would occasionally spar with my brother. Both of us cook, but he's really talented on building things. Our ancestors were kings and princes like you. Just that there has been some relaxing along the line of our generation, in our history there is a belief that a prince had secretly adopted a prince from our rival during the wars, which caused major turmoil along the lines until now. "

He thought for a moment, "We aren't terribly poor, but we aren't filthy rich either. We're comfortable in out lifestyle. "

Akemi nodded at his husband family story. He leaned back on the sofa and looked at him with curiosity. "does that mean I'm not married to a peasant after all? Just a middleclass blue blood kid. Well that's better" he smiled and stood up. "alright, I'm going to bed now, you'll be joining me I suppose"

Aiko chuckled softly turning and following after Akemi towards bed, he was a bit sleepy, and it was nice to talk about his family, even if it was a little bit. "Yes, I will. All that food made me tired..~"

Status
Not open for further replies.