2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
High Fantasy. Medieval. Supernatural. Romance. Action. Drama. Adventure. Modern. Thriller. Dystopian.

In regards to posting: Being that they are a group of nine I don't expect them to constantly be attached at the hip. That said, the formal posting order will be Rosita, Colleen, Robert, Edmund, Elijah, Temperence, Kelsey, Adam, and then Alison. If your characters are interacting separate of the group, please us PMs or Google Docs to collaborate the effort and then post it as one entire post.

In regards to development: Naturally, the Out of Character thread is designed for talking... out... out of character. However, one of the most annoying things is discussing plots, events, character relationships, timelines, and just a shit ton of development-related things for your characters... and then having to dig through seventy posts just to find them. I encourage everyone to take advantage of the Information Station and use your posts there to catalog your character development.
[/hr]

Two weeks after the official formation of the group formerly known as The Fateful Eight they decided to re-brand themselves as The Madcaps (like that's better), and they've spent their time in New Jersey lending a helping hand here and there. But it's time for them to get serious if they're going to do what they set out to do: take down the villains hiding behind badges and bogus laws.

• We're Gonna Die

After putting it to a vote, the Madcaps have decided to purchase a plot of land and the abandoned factory on it. The woman they've bought it from, Mira Retner, supports their cause; there's more than a few mutant branches on her family tree and she wants them to have a fighting chance in the world. So now that they have a base of operations and a place to call home, it's time to clean it up and get serious. But, as is common when one chooses the path of heroism, it's never too long before trouble comes knocking.

Last edited:
Bear was traveling -- Pretty sure he's coming back this week, but I haven't heard anything otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: Small Foxx
WHY ME

I'm working on a little something for the first part of today, and then I'll hop onto the collab first thing
ermahgerd.

i nearly had a heart attack. i need to lie down now.

good to know you're still with us tho :D

CommonWellwornAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif

• Love
Reactions: Aero Blue
Bear was traveling -- Pretty sure he's coming back this week, but I haven't heard anything otherwise.
Thanks for the heads up c: I thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure.

I hath supplied my offerings to thine collab.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Reactions: Quake
Is there a particular order for posting in the collab or is it post when we feel the need?

Is there a particular order for posting in the collab or is it post when we feel the need?
Rather than a posting order, perhaps a limit? Not everyone can post as frequently and if we just post whenever and everywhere it could leave others behind and I don't want anyone feeling alienated in collaborations of 3+ simply because they don't have the chance to reply as often as others. But, being that collaborating does offer a more rapidfire way of interacting, it does allow for more flexibility. When we interact with others in real life there's no speaking order and sometimes people interject and speak over each other, right?

My proposal is that you cannot post more than two times out of normal posting order. Give others a chance to reply.

Example in which the posting order is Colleen, Allison, Rosita, Penny, Adam.

Colleen says something.
Allison says something.
Colleen1​ responds to Allison.
Rosita says something.
Colleen2​ responds to Rosita and addresses Penny.
Penny says something.
Rosita1​ responds to Colleen and Penny.
Adam responds and Penny1​ interjects.
Colleen says something.

See how Colleen replied twice before Adam had the chance to speak? I hope that makes sense. But, I highly suggest that for interjections you talk to the writer whose character is being cut off first so they end up needing to cut off half their reply to accommodate. Now, if you want to do a thing where you're in a group of 3+ where two of the characters take a beat to talk just to each other in a little back and forth, go for it (that works best when both are online at the same time). Just make sure that everyone gets a chance to get some interaction.

I hope that wasn't super confusing. I ramble sometimes and forget the point I'm trying to make. Basically, you can post out of order, but no more than 2 times before the last person in posting rotation has replied. Honestly though, just communicate with everyone and make sure nobody gets left behind in interaction.

Anyways, for group 1 I'm online right now and working on a response to the collab.

• Thank You
Reactions: Quake
My post ran a little long, so if you're online I'm open to interjections or back and forth in between.

Also, my discord is Foxxi Ladii#1703 for anyone that wants to contact me outside of Iwaku.

*subtle votes for a Discord for Madcaps*

Last edited:
I will post in the collab tomorrow. Great stuff everyone.

Another character from me by Thursday .

Okay here is a rough idea for my other character.

Name: John Smith (Legal name). Nickname "Maverick" or "Mav"
Age & Birthdate: Roughly 31. Birthdate unknown
Sex: Male

Personality:
Maverick comes across as awkward in one on one settings, because he has trouble communicating literally, but when he is in a social setting Maverick is 180 degrees from the way he is in private settings. He can use other languages and other voices in those languages, so he doesn't worry about how he sounds then. Maverick has no idea what his real voice sounds like and that frustrates him.

Relationships are something that Maverick longs for. He wants to have connections with other people beyond the superficial, but he finds it difficult to have them because Maverick isn't comfortable with himself.

History
Edwin Swanson was born in Maysville, North Carolina to a farming couple. His parents noticed that when he was about a year old he didn't talk, but when he heard an animal on the farm he was able to mimic that sound perfectly as though he was the animal. One day he began to mimic his parent's voices. They then realized Edwin was a Mutant, and in their community, Mutants were seen as a curse from God.

Panicked his parents found that there was an orphanage in Raleigh. They would tell everyone that Edwin was in the basement when he accidently got to close to the furnace and was burned alive. They dropped Edwin on the doorstep of the orphanage and disappeared from Edwin's life forever. Life at the orphanage was difficult for Edwin who was now being called John Smith since there was no id on him. He wasn't the only Mutant there, but the fact that he didn't speak made it difficult for him. Until Sister Mary Francis talked to John and showed him love and compassion. So much so that she gave John the nickname that seemed to fit him; Maverick. She explained that being a Maverick meant you made your own path in life. From that day on Maverick and Sister Mary became an inseparable duo. Sister Mary also took the time to teach Maverick how to defend himself.

Maverick began to make more of an effort to help others as Sister Mary taught him that helping others was a way of feeling good about ourselves. He also showed a great gift in being able to understand and speak Foreign Languages flawlessly in a matter of days. When he spoke these languages, Maverick would speak in the voice of an actor or World Leader who shared that nationality.

When it was time for Maverick to leave the orphanage, he enrolled at UNC-Chapel Hill. Since he was an orphan he was able to apply for numerous grants. His ability to do impressions made him an instant life of the party on campus, but he still struggled in situations where he couldn't hide behind another voice When he had to rely on his "own" he would usually combine voices of famous people. When Maverick graduated he accepted a position as a Foreign Language professor at a local community college . Maverick though began to long for adventure and to help others. He left the college and began to look for other mutants who shared his desire to help others

Powers & Skills:
Voice Mimicry: Maverick has the ability to imitate any sound or voice flawlessly. He only needs to hear it once for a few seconds, and Maverick knows it for life.

Self defense: In a hand to hand situation Maverick can hold his own.

Extra: TBD

Last edited:
test_zpsaommydlp.gif

Hello!

I was told I might be able to join if I make a good character? Any chance the GM is available via discord or something to discuss? Or should I just dump my character in here? XD

dorm-common-room-tittle-5a5e8cc5e9d1d.jpg

Imagine this but concrete and brick walls and ceiling and lit by, y'know, candles and lanterns and torches and maybe a chandelier.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Sweet, the game is on. *Don watches from one of the windows*

dorm-common-room-tittle-5a5e8cc5e9d1d.jpg

Imagine this but concrete and brick walls and ceiling and lit by, y'know, candles and lanterns and torches and maybe a chandelier.

So literally nothing like this then. xD