2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
High Fantasy. Medieval. Supernatural. Romance. Action. Drama. Adventure. Modern. Thriller. Dystopian.

In regards to posting: Being that they are a group of nine I don't expect them to constantly be attached at the hip. That said, the formal posting order will be Rosita, Colleen, Robert, Edmund, Elijah, Temperence, Kelsey, Adam, and then Alison. If your characters are interacting separate of the group, please us PMs or Google Docs to collaborate the effort and then post it as one entire post.

In regards to development: Naturally, the Out of Character thread is designed for talking... out... out of character. However, one of the most annoying things is discussing plots, events, character relationships, timelines, and just a shit ton of development-related things for your characters... and then having to dig through seventy posts just to find them. I encourage everyone to take advantage of the Information Station and use your posts there to catalog your character development.
[/hr]

Two weeks after the official formation of the group formerly known as The Fateful Eight they decided to re-brand themselves as The Madcaps (like that's better), and they've spent their time in New Jersey lending a helping hand here and there. But it's time for them to get serious if they're going to do what they set out to do: take down the villains hiding behind badges and bogus laws.

• We're Gonna Die

After putting it to a vote, the Madcaps have decided to purchase a plot of land and the abandoned factory on it. The woman they've bought it from, Mira Retner, supports their cause; there's more than a few mutant branches on her family tree and she wants them to have a fighting chance in the world. So now that they have a base of operations and a place to call home, it's time to clean it up and get serious. But, as is common when one chooses the path of heroism, it's never too long before trouble comes knocking.

Last edited:
If Rosita wanders off with anybody it's likely to be her main dudes: Adam, Colleen, and/or Penny.

A real short, short post just to address Gardenia-Lady; I'm down to be in anybody's collabs ^^

Edit: group-wise, Colleen's most explicitly stated friendship is with Ro, which makes that grouping seem natural, if not really breaking new ground.

On the other hand, if you're down with the 'finding a spot to place the hot tub' clique, roll with me!!!

Last edited:
I need to take a day of mourning.

Infinity War broke me. I am broken.

Lol oh Lort XD lookin forward to it!

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
@Small Foxx

So considering Adams abilities, do you mind if I have him in multiple groups at the same time? Or would that make everything too confusing? Asking because I'd like to pair him with your group, but I've also planned to put him with @Cosmic Penguin 's character.

Reactions: Small Foxx
@Small Foxx

So considering Adams abilities, do you mind if I have him in multiple groups at the same time? Or would that make everything too confusing? Asking because I'd like to pair him with your group, but I've also planned to put him with @Cosmic Penguin 's character.
Makes sense to me!! Go for it :)

• Love
Reactions: Quake
I will be posting with Rosita tomorrow. I would've posted a little sooner with it but I am dealing with a badly sprained wrist...so typing is not exactly an easy task.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
I'm still deciding what to write! Sorry. My brain is a little dead lol I'll work on it this afternoon during baby's nap.

Reactions: Small Foxx
Sorry been busy with finals and stuff! I requested access to the doc :> By the way who has the real Adam? Not that I'll be jelly, but who? :D

Made it accessible. My bad. I don't often use Google Docs.

And lol, im not telling. What if neither group has him? Maybe he's actually just off on his own somewhere doing his own thing. But then again, maybe not. Lol

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I'm failing at a solo post lol might jump into one of the collabs...

I've officially finished all of Rosita's relationship information things and put down more information about her:

• Her past: The Bianchis are infamous. Talia, her mother, is a lead weapons designer for Hammer Industries. Edgar, her father, is a geneticist for Trask. Her brother Francisco is a human rights lawyer with an emphasis on human. Dmitria, her sister, was a SHIELD agent, though is suspected to have had ties to HYDRA. She has told her fellow Madcaps that she cut ties with them after she started attending Xavier's, though she left the details very murky.

Her skills: Rosita rarely divulges the true nature and full extent of her powers -- government officials believe that her ability is to manipulate electricity and the Madcaps think that she's limited to basic elements of nature: electricity, plants, earth, fire, water, and air. The only person who knows the range of her mutation is Adam.However, she's made no secret about her other, more practical skills.

Weakness: Contrary to popular belief, she is not a vegan; she just doesn't eat food that isn't organic and prefers to eat meat from animals she killed herself. Because of her mutation, eating non-organic food (food with lots of dyes and chemicals added) makes her violently sick (vomiting, seizures, intense pain, foaming at the mouth) and often cause her powers to act out in horrible ways.

• Growing up, Rosita cared a great deal about arming herself with skills that she believed would serve her well in life, spending very little time with peers that didn't share the same pursuits.

+Rosita likes MMA and took lessons when she was younger (her sister insisted on it), although she's about as capable a martial artist as a ten year old that's been in lessons for a couple of months. Because that's how long her lessons lasted. Still, she at least knows some basics.
    +She's also pretty well off when it comes to wilderness survival skills, having spent so much time alone in the woods by herself when she was young and when she was doing field research; Rosita can identify and name the uses of most any flora and fauna, and she's a damn good hunter and tracker, especially if she uses her powers.
    +Rosita's no doctor, but she did put her knowledge of plants to use and started studying pharmacognosy when she was young and later, in her teens becoming a CNA and working at a nursing home during college while she worked on becoming an RN while simultaneously pursing her degree in Environmental Sciences.

• Colleen: Rosita appreciates Colleen's friendship and is endlessly amused by the other's creative way of wording things. She would go so far as to saying that Colleen is a far better wordsmith than even she is. Between their love of embellished vocabulary and the moods that seem to change with the tides, it's hardly a surprise that they get along so well. Rosita sees Colleen as the sister she always wanted.

Penny: The truth is that Rosita has a little crush on Penny. Just a little one. Rosita admires her strength and independence. And her delicious food. Rosita is always more than happy to sprout some fresh herbs and veggies for Penny to use in her cooking as long as it means she gets a second and third plate. She respects Penny's desire to keep her heart far from her sleeve, knowing all too well how it feels to not want anyone getting too close. But that doesn't mean that she won't try to slowly crack the walls Penny's built up to show her that she has a friend in Ro.

Allison: Rosita initially thought Allison's perky nature was kind of annoying, but the other woman eventually grew on her and she's come to appreciate the shrinking woman's optimism. In a group that's divided between the cynical and the realists, it's a breath of fresh air to have Allison around. The truth is, Ro isn't quite sure how well they'd all fare if Allison wasn't there to be a sort of mediator. She makes a lot of sense and has a well-composed delivery. Ro respects that. She also respects that Allison, despite coming off as the kind of woman that would stand there and scream if someone mugged her, can kick some serious ass.

Kelsey: The truth is, Rosita isn't always quite sure how to feel about Kelsey. The other female seems to have a very strong idea of how a moral compass is supposed to work and be followed, while Rosita sees morality quite differently. Rosita can practically feel Kelsey rolling her eyes everyt time Ro opens her mouth to say something. While she doesn't appreciate people assuming that she's snobby, she does understand where the assumptions stem from. Even so, Ro does respect Kelsey's strength and conviction. Plus, Ro gives mad props for the fact that Kelsey can turn into a goddamn dragon.

Adam: Rosita knows Adam from back in the day. Their parents mingled at their classy events and the two had bumped into each other a few times when the adults made the children go away. They were reunited on that fateful flight where they spent their time catching up a bit and getting officially acquainted since their past interactions had been brief. Rosita trusts Adam more than anyone else in the group and is prone to bantering playfully with him. When it comes to needing comfort she's more likely to turn to him before anyone else. She was surprised to find out that he's a mutant too, but it was a pleasant surprise. Her crush on him is hardly a secret, but she happily pretends that her flirting is all in good fun between two close friends. After all, nothing sours team spirit more than relationship issues.

Ender: He annoys the shit out of Rosita. His power is cool, but his attitude makes Rosita want to smash her head against a tree trunk. Repeatedly. As someone who is very passionate in her beliefs -- and with her main belief being that their group can make a difference, his gloomy cynicism makes her want to punch him sometimes.

Robbie: Ro actually really likes Robbie. And not because he's on par with Adam as far as attractiveness goes, though undoubtedly more rugged. Rosita doesn't pity him, but she does sympathize for the pain that his mutation causes him. The very thought of having the ability to do something extraordinary only be caused pain by it breaks her heart. She doesn't judge him for his excessive alcohol usage, nor does she care too much about his criminal past -- pot, kettle, right?. She appreciates that someone as flighty as him decided to stick with the team for so long. Truth be told, even if he wasn't an asset, even if he was just tagging along for free food and shelter, she wouldn't care. Secretly, Ro hopes to put her knowledge to good use in finding a way to help dull his pain without needing to become inebriated, or maybe even to be able to control his abilities so that it's not painful. Maybe those are just dreams though.

Elijah: He's cute and he knows how to throw a punch, that much she's seen. But he's also incredibly annoying to her and sometimes she wants to chop him in his throat. The simple truth is that, out of everyone on the team, she trusts Elijah the least. She trusts him about as far as she can throw him. Rosita has a bad track record with humans and government organizations, so the idea of accepting him is still something that makes her crinkle her nose. After it came out that SHIELD had been infiltrated by HYDRA she began to trust him even less. Honestly, she's just baffled as to why he's even there, wondering why he would bother caring so much about what happens to a bunch of powered freaks. Her deepest fear is that he's spying on them.

Last edited:
It is a blast playing someone who tries to be an optimist no matter the circumstances. I am having so much fun with Allison.

WHY ME

I'm working on a little something for the first part of today, and then I'll hop onto the collab first thing