Map and Compass [Original Fantasy Adventure RP]

@Sketching101
So how far away/ fast is this dragon right now?
Very fast, very far. It's pretty high up and moved over the ship pretty much instantaneously.

But you don't have to worry about not getting a fight... :)

Update in opening post: There is a small alteration to the CS: "Currently Unused Sopia" (2 slots) has been replaced by "Sopia List" (3 slots) to contain all Sopia instead of just unused ones.

Also, some brief new information in the Creatures tab.

Sorry if i missed something obvious in my post or if it seems meandering or whatnot - I've been a bit out of it recently.

What exactly is our goal now? Do we wanna 'beach' the ship against the rocks and run away from the serpent via land or do we wanna try to turn and fight it? Basicaly do I have Sena order the sailors to drop anchor and use it as pivot to berth the side towards the Serpent and open fire with all cannons and balistas onboard or does she just shout brace for impact and waits for the ship to slam against the landmass?

What exactly is our goal now? Do we wanna 'beach' the ship against the rocks and run away from the serpent via land or do we wanna try to turn and fight it? Basicaly do I have Sena order the sailors to drop anchor and use it as pivot to berth the side towards the Serpent and open fire with all cannons and balistas onboard or does she just shout brace for impact and waits for the ship to slam against the landmass?
It's you guys' decision, but if we flee, we will still have to fight it later on. Our characters will be significantly stronger by then to stand more of a chance.

However, we can still take a crack at it if you guys want.

Last edited:
Len will fight it, win or lose but he won't try and die fighting though. He's a bit of a musclehead. And he can catch up to them whatever they want to do.

Ahh, I see. Then it seems that the story seems to be going more towards the 'run for your lives'. Was kinda hoping we could keep the ship alive but oh well :3 Can't win 'em all. Character-wise I feel there is strong parallel between Slivers Clan and Vikings so Sena would likely want to fight that thing to death. Unfortunately this isn't the Midgard Serpent, though both of them rise up just before the end of the world.
But yeah I guess it makes more sense to just crash the ship against the shore and run far away after that display of power.

It's you guys' decision, but if we flee, we will still have to fight it later on. Our characters will be significantly stronger by then to stand more of a chance.

However, we can still take a crack at it if you guys want.
Sorry busy dueling the sea.
Personally I think we should flee and come back at it stronger. Vallen would probably choose this as well if he wasn't doing what he is. It just took a ballista shot with almost no notice, and we're armatures.

Man is it really so that the only woman in the party has the balls to jump into the jaws of fate and fight Jormungandr? Where is your Viking spirit gents?! XD
I guess no one brought any lightning attacks so we can't really do much anyway. :P

Ahh, I see. Then it seems that the story seems to be going more towards the 'run for your lives'. Was kinda hoping we could keep the ship alive but oh well :3 Can't win 'em all. Character-wise I feel there is strong parallel between Slivers Clan and Vikings so Sena would likely want to fight that thing to death. Unfortunately this isn't the Midgard Serpent, though both of them rise up just before the end of the world.
But yeah I guess it makes more sense to just crash the ship against the shore and run far away after that display of power.
Things will be that way for just a brief portion of the story, but [spoili] we will have access to some much more hard-hitting abilities soon. There will be a bit of a power crawl, but once we get to the pillar, we won't have to be on the back-foot like this.[/spoili]

Rymond would fight it but he's practically useless at sea, other than just straight up martial ability. This also feels sort of like the "Glimpse of a big baddie before you can do anything to fight it" scenario, and then you come back and kick its ass later after you've gotten buff.

Reactions: Sketching101
Rymond would fight it but he's practically useless at sea, other than just straight up martial ability. This also feels sort of like the "Glimpse of a big baddie before you can do anything to fight it" scenario, and then you come back and kick its ass later after you've gotten buff.
That's the general idea but... if you guys want to fight it now, I could definitely make it much more managable to kill through some GM trickery.

My logic was more along the lines of 'We have a fully manned battleship and that if that thing can't kill it then chances are nothing short of an armada could'.
But more to the point I just needed to know the general direction/mood of the RP so I don't try to save the ship and fight the monster if the idea is to crash it and run. I'll see about making a post towards that end after @Hieronymous Phantom gets his in

Also I like how out of his element Vallen is when it comes to the sea, with the Dragon he rushed after to try and fight it but with the Sea Serpent he just wants to gtfo.

I think it's best a full-blown fight be avoided. It's better that way and gives a face to their goal. Kalen would try to fight it - well, distract it, but he'd be most likely receiving some pretty bad injuries after that encounter. I can even say he'd fight it to the death and die for it, just to show how they can't beat it but I want Kalen to get to the end goal of the RP, so staying away from that.

If it's not too late, I'll be making a character today. I was given a recommendation for it, and this looks pretty fun.

Going to make some kinda moth dude. Yeah.

Reactions: Sketching101
If it's not too late, I'll be making a character today. I was given a recommendation for it, and this looks pretty fun.

Going to make some kinda moth dude. Yeah.
Don't worry, it's not too late ^^ Looking forward to seeing your character.

Reactions: SolarFlare
((apologies if the format is off and for the shitty sketch, I am not a wizard :b))

IMG_1900.JPG

"That reminds me of a funny story..."
Name :
Meredith Cwenburh​
Species :
Elf Daemon​
Physique :
Most of Cwenburh's markings are on her back, spreading out in thin tendrils at the arms. She is built well for an elf, flexible yet strong. Her hair is almost pure white, cut shorter for combat.​
Backstory :
Meredith Cwenburh never intended to become a hunter. Her ambition from a young age had always been to record the world's history for the future generations to learn from and prosper as a result of. This perspective changed when she realized that a chronicler would be of no use in a world that has torn itself apart and set itself aflame. Fortunately her parents were not around the capitol when it was sacked, escaping the horrors of war and living a relatively normal life at the settlement of the second pillar. They had a collection of texts that had become the last of their kind in the wake of the destruction, so it was only natural for them to found an archive for the future generations. They slowly built up a fine collection from all sources they could find, providing plenty of materials for education. Cwenburh was happy with this life she had made for herself.

Yet... the more she learned about the old world, the harder it became to ignore the dire situation the world was in. She was never one to take a back seat and let things happen naturally, so it was only natural for her to want to take an active role by becoming a huntress. Combat did not come easily to her, she usually tried to solve conflict with words, but with concerted effort and dedication she honed her body into a more useful form. When it came time for her first hunt, she was sent out with a group of three at midnight to face off against the Lantern moth. The beast drifted by them silently, luring one in with its glow. The hunter didn't even have a chance to scream before his heart was pierced. With the first blood, the light was suddenly snuffed out. Cwenburh could hear the clash of steel on steel in the distance as the other hunter fought with the beast, she was fearful. She lasted longer than the other hunter but her death was assured. Soon enough she was alone with the moth, left in complete darkness. She moved silently, dancing around the beast by picking up upon the barely perceivable flap of its wings and the click of its joints.

She parried several blows, catching glimpse of the monster from the sparks coming off of her weapon. The fight only lasted a few minutes, but they stretched out like hours. In the end she managed to bury her weapon in its carapace, avenging her fellow huntresses and setting herself on the hunter's path.​
Skills and Talents : She is an analytical fighter, taking care to note all weaknesses in an enemy and exploit them to the greatest possible extent. She is an effective strategist in this way, as she takes the strengths of her companions into consideration when coming up with ways to make an effective counter attack. She searches for creative solutions to problems and has a tongue as sharp as her sword. She also has a bit of a knack for alchemy, especially in regards to mixing poisons.​
Special Traits :
Her Sopia gives her the gift of flight, which grants her a greater sense of control over fights with enhanced mobility. The glow of her antennae also have a slight hypnotic effect when used, making it difficult for an enemy to focus.​
Sopia Slots :

Essence: Lantern moth: The lantern moth is somewhat of an oddity in the realm of beasts, as they are almost completely docile in the daylight unless provoked. As its name suggests, its antennae light up like lanterns in the darkness. The soft glow lures unsuspecting creatures in, allowing this silent creature to strike it down in one blow with it's piercing proboscis and drain the life from its body.
Element: Lantern moth: Wind
Corpora: Lantern moth: The antennae and eyes of the moth are well suited to hunting during nighttime, allowing for greater spatial and visual awareness. Their , surprisingly durable, wings are too bulky for air-splitting flight but have tiny hairs dusting them that make for nearly silent flight.​
Sopia List :
(3 slots)
1:Lantern moth
2:empty
3:empty​
Spells :

Spell Name :
Innate Polymorphy​
Spell Nature :
Polymorph Magic​
Description of Spell :
Innate Polymorphs are able to change their body to consume Creatures' Sopia, forming a larger, fanged mouth on the body. However, using it can leave the caster open to attacks.​
Requirements for Casting :
This is a spell that requires no drawing of formula, and can be used upon will.​
Spell Name :
Air-slash​
Spell Nature :
Wind magic​
Description of Spell :
Air slash is a pressurized and difficult to detect aberration in the air that cuts through stone and metal at close to mid-range. The damage falls off to negligible levels once 9 to 10 meters away from the caster.​
Requires minimal concentration to perform, and the use of a specific combination of hand signs.​
Spell Name :
Peaceful song​
Spell Nature :
Unholy magic​
Description of Spell :
a pleasant tune rings through the air, causing creatures in a cone in front of her to feel a large burden and decreased mobility.​
The song must be whistled correctly, and the whistler will also suffer a slight burden as a result of the song.​
Spell Name :
Great Gale​
Spell Nature :
Wind magic​
Description of Spell :
A large gust of wind fills Cwenburh's wings and gives her a burst of speed to close the distance between her and an opponent quickly. Also has the capacity to do the opposite, by pushing the enemy away in order to gain distance.​
Requires moderate concentration and a series of hand signs.​
Spell Name :
Sunder​
Spell Nature :
Unholy magic​
Description of Spell :
Releases an orb of destructive energy that explodes on contact with flesh, doing good damage at close distances.​
Takes considerable energy and the use of both hands for signing​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gear :
Lantern cloak: A warm cloak made from the hide of the Lantern moth, it is covered in white, downy fur.
Scale-mail armor: Light armor that helps provide good protection against piercing and slashing attacks without sacrificing too much speed. It is delicately weaved together from the scaly wings of the Lantern moth, speckled grey and white.
Buckler: A small leather shield reinforced with metal, best suited for diverting attacks.
Belt of vials: Contains various poisons, including neurotoxins, paralytic agents, nightshade, and other deadly varieties.​
Weapons :
Hollow point: A rapier fashioned from the Lantern Moth's killer proboscis, it's hollow tip can store poisons to be injected into an enemy for a fast kill.
Grimoire: Cwenburh's spell-book, containing pre-drawn circles that start each of her spells. She also takes notes and research in the blank portions of the book.​
Other :
She has a bad habit of making everything into a story, and using vague metaphors that are more confusing than elucidating.​

Last edited by a moderator:
((apologies if the format is off and for the shitty sketch, I am not a wizard :b))

View attachment 156798

"That reminds me of a funny story..."
Name :
Meredith Cwenburh​
Species :
Elf Daemon​
Physique :
Most of Cwenburh's markings are on her back, spreading out in thin tendrils at the arms. She is built well for an elf, flexible yet strong. Her hair is almost pure white, cut shorter for combat.​
Backstory :
Meredith Cwenburh never intended to become a hunter. Her ambition from a young age had always been to record the world's history for the future generations to learn from and prosper as a result of. This perspective changed when she realized that a chronicler would be of no use in a world that has torn itself apart and set itself aflame. Fortunately her parents were not around the capitol when it was sacked, escaping the horrors of war and living a relatively normal life at the settlement of the second pillar. They had a collection of texts that had become the last of their kind in the wake of the destruction, so it was only natural for them to found an archive for the future generations. They slowly built up a fine collection from all sources they could find, providing plenty of materials for education. Cwenburh was happy with this life she had made for herself.

Yet... the more she learned about the old world, the harder it became to ignore the dire situation the world was in. She was never one to take a back seat and let things happen naturally, so it was only natural for her to want to take an active role by becoming a huntress. Combat did not come easily to her, she usually tried to solve conflict with words, but with concerted effort and dedication she honed her body into a more useful form. When it came time for her first hunt, she was sent out with a group of three at midnight to face off against the Lantern moth. The beast drifted by them silently, luring one in with its glow. The hunter didn't even have a chance to scream before his heart was pierced. With the first blood, the light was suddenly snuffed out. Cwenburh could hear the clash of steel on steel in the distance as the other hunter fought with the beast, she was fearful. She lasted longer than the other hunter but her death was assured. Soon enough she was alone with the moth, left in complete darkness. She moved silently, dancing around the beast by picking up upon the barely perceivable flap of its wings and the click of its joints.

She parried several blows, catching glimpse of the monster from the sparks coming off of her weapon. The fight only lasted a few minutes, but they stretched out like hours. In the end she managed to bury her weapon in its carapace, avenging her fellow huntresses and setting herself on the hunter's path.​
Skills and Talents : She is an analytical fighter, taking care to note all weaknesses in an enemy and exploit them to the greatest possible extent. She is an effective strategist in this way, as she takes the strengths of her companions into consideration when coming up with ways to make an effective counter attack. She searches for creative solutions to problems and has a tongue as sharp as her sword. She also has a bit of a knack for alchemy, especially in regards to mixing poisons.​
Special Traits :
Her Sopia gives her the gift of flight, which grants her a greater sense of control over fights with enhanced mobility. The glow of her antennae also have a slight hypnotic effect when used, making it difficult for an enemy to focus.​
Sopia Slots :

Essence: Lantern moth: The lantern moth is somewhat of an oddity in the realm of beasts, as they are almost completely docile in the daylight unless provoked. As its name suggests, its antennae light up like lanterns in the darkness. The soft glow lures unsuspecting creatures in, allowing this silent creature to strike it down in one blow with it's piercing proboscis and drain the life from its body.
Element: Lantern moth: Wind
Corpora: Lantern moth: The antennae and eyes of the moth are well suited to hunting during nighttime, allowing for greater spatial and visual awareness. Their , surprisingly durable, wings are too bulky for air-splitting flight but have tiny hairs dusting them that make for nearly silent flight.​
Sopia List :
(3 slots)
1:Lantern moth
2:empty
3:empty​
Spells :

Spell Name :
Innate Polymorphy​
Spell Nature :
Polymorph Magic​
Description of Spell :
Innate Polymorphs are able to change their body to consume Creatures' Sopia, forming a larger, fanged mouth on the body. However, using it can leave the caster open to attacks.​
This is a spell that requires no drawing of formula, and can be used upon will.​
Spell Name :
Air-slash​
Spell Nature :
Wind magic​
Description of Spell :
Air slash is a pressurized and difficult to detect aberration in the air that cuts through stone and metal at close to mid-range. The damage falls off to negligible levels once 9 to 10 meters away from the caster.​
Requires minimal concentration to perform, and the use of a specific combination of hand signs.​
Spell Name :
Peaceful song​
Spell Nature :
Unholy magic​
Description of Spell :
a pleasant tune rings through the air, causing creatures in a cone in front of her to feel a large burden and decreased mobility.​
The song must be whistled correctly, and the whistler will also suffer a slight burden as a result of the song.​
Spell Name :
Great Gale​
Spell Nature :
Wind magic​
Description of Spell :
A large gust of wind fills Cwenburh's wings and gives her a burst of speed to close the distance between her and an opponent quickly. Also has the capacity to do the opposite, by pushing the enemy away in order to gain distance.​
Requires moderate concentration and a series of hand signs.​
Spell Name :
Sunder​
Spell Nature :
Unholy magic​
Description of Spell :
Releases an orb of destructive energy that explodes on contact with flesh, doing good damage at close distances.​
Takes considerable energy and the use of both hands for signing​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gear :
Lantern cloak: A warm cloak made from the hide of the Lantern moth, it is covered in white, downy fur.
Scale-mail armor: Light armor that helps provide good protection against piercing and slashing attacks without sacrificing too much speed. It is delicately weaved together from the scaly wings of the Lantern moth, speckled grey and white.
Buckler: A small leather shield reinforced with metal, best suited for diverting attacks.
Belt of vials: Contains various poisons, including neurotoxins, paralytic agents, nightshade, and other deadly varieties.​
Weapons :
Hollow point: A rapier fashioned from the Lantern Moth's killer proboscis, it's hollow tip can store poisons to be injected into an enemy for a fast kill.
Grimoire: Cwenburh's spell-book, containing pre-drawn circles that start each of her spells. She also takes notes and research in the blank portions of the book.​
Other :
She has a bad habit of making everything into a story, and using vague metaphors that are more confusing than elucidating.​
I'll get a review up in the morning ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: SolarFlare
I'll move things along IC tomorrow.

Reactions: Snowflake