Making a Manga (Romance/Slice of Life)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

What should be the first event?

• Company Party

• Signing Party (signing fan's manga)

• Company Meeting

• Awards Ceremony

• Meet & Greet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brøken_Serenity

Original poster
Overview: Making a Manga!

This is going to be a slice of life/romantic roleplay set in Tokyo. All the characters here will be involved in the making of manga and they will all have a relationship with each other so that they're all connected and the roleplay isn't separated off. Also, all the editors will be working for the same company: Akisora Manga. There will be three manga-kas and three editors which will be paired off (with me using a random generator). There will be random events to keep things interesting. I will also be deciding manga sales, how well the manga you've been working on are selling. This is also to help the storyline along. After a bit of roleplaying time will also be progressed, I will have one post which updates the time, events and manga sales.

Posting: Making a Manga!

I won't implement any taking turns or a specific amount you must post. Just be active, if someone does something concerning you, respond in a timely fashion. This will be a small roleplay with only six characters. If you are uncertain about your ability to respond then please don't join out of respect for the other roleplayers. Also to keep posts clear i need you to have a few things. The first thing on your post should be your character's name and the last should be an info bar which should describe the clothes your character is wearing (picture or words work), and tag anybody who is mentioned or is interacted with in your post.
[SEXY: Kissing, hand holding, hugging, cuddling and all that good stuff is allowed ofc. But when it gets out of romantic affection and sexual tension and goes into foreplay/doingthedo, take it to DM's- within Iwaku rules ofc. Or just do a blackout where the action is implied but not written. Then keep posting as normal]

Characters: Making a Manga!

-You can make up to two characters. They can not be romantically involve (they can have been involved in the past just for drama but not in the rp)
-Only make two characters if you can handle posting that much
-Characters (all of them) must be related in some way. So even if you want a antisocial loner, he has to have some connection with the others.
Character Sheet (Basic, you can add more)

Name
Picture

Age (Be realistic. 21 minimum 35 maximum)

Personality
Background
Family

Relationships (you must have some connection with every character, even if its as simple as living near each other or being cousins.)
Love Life:(Just have a list of the characters and your character's opinions of them. Of course this should include potential lovers~)

Likes (Random things your character likes)
Dislikes

Manga (For creators, just some of the manga you've made. For editors, which manga you've worked on and how popular they were)

Manga-Ka/Editor Match-Ups
(Once your CS's are updated we can start)

Anna-Mei Akisora's Editor is Mariko Arakawa
Jung Jin Woo's Editor is Kosuke Yamato
Masa Choi's Editor is Jin-Yong Myoh

ROLEPLAY
(Just a few things I'd like everyone to keep in mind so the rp is nice and tidy)
  • Editor's you will probably have multiple manga-kas that you work with, so keep that in mind while living your lives.
  • There will be a department head that you all must answer to (In the course of the rp just to keep things interesting I might make one of you head editor). But for now lets make the head editor a painfully anal, short tempered and intolerable woman named Hiroko Tomoki. Brown hair, brown eyes, slim figure and glasses. Use her as you wish.
  • Feel free to create coworkers, exes, secret lovers and generally any other smaller characters if you need it for plot reasons.
  • There will be planned events that are mandatory for character's to attend but if your character wants to throw a party or thinks of an event they want others to attend just post it here and I'll fit it into the timeline. (Dates are private and don't count)
  • I said it earlier but the first thing on your post should be your name. Last should be an info bar (probably in a spoiler) with what you're wearing, tags and any other information you find important to include. Anything else you put (like a picture or something) is up to you.
  • Optimally, as far as playing out days go, the characters should have some sort of interaction. So during the work day while editors are in the office maybe the manga-ka visits. Or the editor is out visiting with the manga-ka somewhere. And during non-working periods possibilities are dates, hanging out, just bumping into each other while doing mundane every day tasks etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Damn. I am too late.. :(

I can always switch my girl to a guy if that's the problem? :o

Manga creator I suppose. If thats been taken please inform me. Updates on Jung will happen tonight or tomorrow. Currently the only resource is my phone.

I've finished my character. I'll update his relationship thing a little later.

For those with characters I put "main ideas" for relationships with Jung. Please review them and give me the OKAY or the SUGGESTION even though I haven't finished with the last section of my character.

@MaryGold
@Brøken_Serenity
- MUDANE MONSTER I COULDN'T PROPERLY TAG YOU SO HERE.

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
@xLarius I made in a requirement for all the characters to have relationships so they would all have some sort of interaction with each other (more than just working in the same space as far as editors go). So, I'd prefer it if your relationships weren't all based in high school because some of the characters have been out of high school for a good bit. So it'd be better if you changed it so like, with my character maybe they find themselves going to the same parties in general. Or with Kousuke, maybe you play pranks on him in the office? Know what I mean?

EDIT: Also, I'll pair editors with manga-kas (using a random generator) when Saralaxy and IceQueen make their characters. Just to give everyone a better idea on relationships. Hopefully we can start by Tuesday.

• Useful
Reactions: xLarius
@xLarius I made in a requirement for all the characters to have relationships so they would all have some sort of interaction with each other (more than just working in the same space as far as editors go). So, I'd prefer it if your relationships weren't all based in high school because some of the characters have been out of high school for a good bit. So it'd be better if you changed it so like, with my character maybe they find themselves going to the same parties in general. Or with Kousuke, maybe you play pranks on him in the office? Know what I mean?

EDIT: Also, I'll pair editors with manga-kas (using a random generator) when Saralaxy and IceQueen make their characters. Just to give everyone a better idea on relationships. Hopefully we can start by Tuesday.
I started her, I am just getting all my ideas together and making sure my pretty things don't fuck up

• Love
Reactions: Brøken_Serenity
I started her, I am just getting all my ideas together and making sure my pretty things don't fuck up
There's no hope for me. Save yourself. </333
By this I mean from codes and get all your hours of sleep.
Daunn Dannnnnn~

There's no hope for me. Save yourself. </333
By this I mean from codes and get all your hours of sleep.
Daunn Dannnnnn~
Oh there isn't any hope for me either.

7c8db444e04847435b8dec111ad8ea90.jpg

Masa Choi

"Dick jokes and sliced throats make the best surprises"

184238dad9a33ec9f0560cd99530a85a.gif

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Personality
No one is quite sure what Masa is. Driven to peruse her manga mostly in the middle of the night,
quite sleep deprived and with the sickest sense of humor. Her writings always come out with a twist and so does
her life. Some days she can be very subdued, gazing out the window, huddling up in comfortable things, and sometimes
she quite literally can't control her energy. It doesn't change drastically more like a gentle wave that comes
and goes. Her default is usually somewhat cheerful, impish, with the worst sense of humor (think jokes about dicks).
She tends to try and help other's before herself, hence why she ends up passed out on her desk most of
the time. She has to be reminded a lot to actually sleep, and eat food, and not work through
the night with no sleep. She loves fluffy things like llamas and cats, soft spot for
animals in general really. She has a small social media following,
though she isn't very active and mostly just posts about
animals and naps.
7e6fc344e547dab4f88364bc29548ee5.gif

Background
Masa grew up as the daughter that her mother had always wanted. Her family life was relatively ok.
They were quite well off and even though her father was gone for most of her life she felt a strong
connection. Since her father as always working she spent a lot of time with her brothers,
all of whom are older. Her parents projected a lot of their pressure on her older brother's,
but at the same time they paid more attention to her. As a young kid she started
acting more like a tomboy, playing sports and misbehaving. Her parents weren't quite
sure what to do with her. Living in LA her family was quite busy, but everything worked out. Or so
Masa thought. As she got older she noticed her parents life may not have been so peachy. They
would fight in the middle of the night, and sometimes Masa noticed her mother
covering up bruises in the morning. She hated standing by to watch. One day her mother up and left,
not being able to stand the house any longer. None of the kids knew where she had gone.
Her father was furious. His first reaction was to go for Masa. Helpless she was attacked by her
father. For a long time she was subject to the same abuse her mother had endured. But
after a particularly violent day, her father was arrested. Her mother, who had moved
herself back home to Tokyo, swooped up Masa, who was the only child
left that couldn't live on her own. Often times Masa had turned to her
art to help console her, so once she graduated by the skin of her teeth
she decided to peruse her dreams of drawing
manga.

Family
Kiro Kogishi|Jailed|68
Jessica Kogishi|Alive|56
Jensen Kogishi|Alive|30
Aoi Kogishi|Alive|27

Relationships
Anna-Mei Akisora
Main Idea
Object of Masa's helpings more than a few times

Mariko Arakawa
Main Idea
Shared love of animals

Jung Jin Woo
Main Idea
Office Jokesters

Kousuke Yamato
Main Idea
Wakes her up from her many a naps (She tends to snore)

Jin-Yong Myoh
Main Idea
Same social circle/Cheer up buddies

Love Life
Anna-Mei Akisora
"She's pretty clumsy, but she's adorable. I can't really find a way to hate her. Maybe a bit antisocial
at times but rather adorable nature. I could see being good friends with her, and if she asked,
I could honestly be down to date her. She's so adorable~"

Markio Arakawa
"She is quite weird, not that I mind. She has a soft spot for small animals and that's probably
the only way I get her to make any facial expression at all. I don't think dating her would
be that enjoyable honestly."

Jung Jin Woo
"Pun competition. He's kind of dumb sometimes, but we joke around so much he is kind of a lovable
asshole. Dating, sure, but it would probably just end up with us making
stupid jokes, so more of a BFF Dating."

Kosuke Yamato
"A little more dramatic than I would like, but he makes some decent teasing jokes. I don't think
I could date him though. Too dramatic."

Jin-Yong Myoh
"He's kind of adorable. I'm going to be honest, dating him would be kind of fun. He's so innocent,
and he balances me out well. I mean I think most people would be down to date him.
He's kind of like Anna-Mei but less, clumsy. We might just end up trying to make
each other smile 24/7 though, that would be interesting."

Fluffy Things
Llamas
Sweets
Naps
Warm jackets
Cool hair
Skating
Home cooking
Inexpensive food
Pizza
Koream BBQ
Cute Things

Dislikes
Drugs
Gangs
Being Depressed
Insomnia
Super Spicy Food
Fish guts
Slimy food
Cigarettes
Haters
Drama

Manga
Popular-***
Known-**
Unpopular-*

Haven*
A small story meant to be a series, which only ended up being 3 novels in total. The story
tells of a girl trying to follow her dreams in the modeling world, soon discovering the
great lengths the models go through, and the intense ridicule. Though somewhat
fluffy with the manager falling love with the main character Sayaka, the story ends
with the heroine starving herself to death tragically.

Haze**

Hai~!***
Hai~! Is a energetic story about a group of high school girls working at a local maid café.
But not only do these girls work for the maid café, each and every one has combat training, and serves
to protect their customers day in and day out. The story is still currently being published on it's fourth
arch, following the gun blazing, kick ass fighters of Magical Maid Café against the
timelord Fukasaki Gang.

WIP

UPDATE:

I've messaged the last person we're waiting on and informed her that the roleplay is now waiting on her. I told her if she needs to leave to tell me but also if she can't participate in a timely enough fashion I'll have to give her spot away. I mean, I did specify that this is a smaller roleplay so people who joined need to be able to respond in a timely fashion. It's especially important since it's a romantic roleplay and if someone doesn't respond for three days while they're in the middle of the date with someone...........

I don't know if I'm being impatient or not though. So how long do you guys think their spot should be held? A day, a couple days, a week? I was thinking two more days bc then her spot would have been held for nearly a week. Thanks.

(Also the thread is up; I'll post the link and we can start when the last character is in order, and character sheets are appropriately updated based on it and the Creator/Editor pairings)

• Useful
Reactions: xLarius
I don't know if I'm being impatient or not though. So how long do you guys think their spot should be held? A day, a couple days, a week? I was thinking two more days bc then her spot would have been held for nearly a week. Thanks.
Two days I think.. Is enough.
If they haven't notified us about plans in this week that we've been waiting, and since this is a small roleplay I assume a week should be enough. For example although if it had been an issue of exams and such I'd understand. Everyone has those days, but it's better to stop before it's started rather than in the middle. I suggest you if you haven't already done so, remind them of this fact, and confirm if this disappearance was just because of an emergency involving family etc.

Oh dear. That's my input.

Reactions: IceQueen
Ah, my apologies everyone! I was unable to be on yesterday and not much the days before due to real life situations. I'm terribly sorry to keep everyone waiting. I'll work on my character now!

• Thank You
Reactions: Brøken_Serenity
Jin-Yong Myoh
"Who cares about power and money? Neither of those things will make you happy in the long run."
tumblr_inline_o2rxy2nhe21tmnn4m_540.gif

.::Age::.

.::Gender::.
Male

.::Sexuality.::
Heterosexual

large.jpg

.::Personality::.
Jin-Yong is a light-hearted and friendly individual, enjoying the company of others and making them happy. He's known for comforting other and being there when they need him, constantly putting others before himself. He has a mindset where as long as other people are happy and he can see them smile, he has nothing to complain about. There's been many times where that has proven to be a bad place of mind however he cannot leave it. Jin-Yong, despite enjoying hanging out and having a good time, balances his work and his social life quite well. When he needs to get things done Jin-Yong becomes serious and really focuses on what he's doing. During this time he hates being bothered and has been known to snap a few times, always apologizing afterwards though. Jin-Yong enjoys going on adventures and making things up for the fun of it. Everyone says he has the heart of a mother and the mind of an child. Jin-Yong is the type to take on everything by himself without asking for help. He hates asking other to help him for he feels like he may be bugging or annoying them, and so he does it all on his own. When it comes to personal feelings or matters he keeps them to himself, not wanting to worry others and has come to be a good actor, hiding such things with ease.

.::Background::.
Jin-Yong is the oldest of three, two sisters and a brother. His parents were always working so it was usually up to Jin-Yong to take care of his siblings, which he did without complaint. Of course, this didn't start until he was thirteen and of age to babysit, because by then the youngest was 4, the second youngest was 6, and the second oldest was 11. Jin-Yong had his younger sister, the eleven-year-old, help take care of the others and they switched off so the other could get homework done and have some free time. Being the oldest and having to take care of three younger ones, Jin-Yong grew up fast and grew into the habit of not asking for help and keeping certain things to himself. He never showed weakness to his siblings and cared for them like a parent in place of their actual parents. With Jin-Yong taking care of them, he made sure they had only happy memories and great times. Inspired by his siblings, school, and the world around him Jin-Yong started drawing manga and continued doing so throughout his school years.

Time went on and things didn't change. Jin-Yong gave up a social life throughout middle school, but when he was in the second year of HS, Jin-Yong won Vice-President for the schools Student Council. Since the second oldest was thirteen, he left the younger two in her care for a few hours then came home and watched them while he did his school work. When he graduated from HS, Jin-Yong moved out into an apartment but still often visits his siblings. He used to work as a cashier but quit his job after landing an interview in a company that created manga. He became an editor and has been working there since he was 21.

.::Family::.
Chae-Won Myoh || Second Oldest || Sister || 23 || Alive
Hyo-Rin Myoh || Youngest || Sister || 16 || Alive
Myong-Bak Myoh || Second Youngest || Brother || 18 || Alive
Do-Hee Myoh || Mother || 51 || Alive
Min-Sung Myoh || Father || 54 || Alive

141aa6ea8eedde71.jpg

.::Relationships::.
Anna-Mei Akisora - Anna is a good friend of mine. I met her the day she came into the business and I've enjoyed being with her ever since. I love how bubbly and klutzy she is. It's adorable.

Mariko Arakawa - She seems like a great person and I'm sure there's so much to her. I've tried being her friend but I don't know how she feels about me. I find her rather amusing and enjoy watching her. I'm afraid we're only acquaintances right now.

Jung Jin Woo - He's great for a good time and we're good friends. I met him in the office and we kinda hit it off, y'know?

Kousuke Yamato - like him a lot. He's a really cool and we're friends. He's hard to read but once you've been around him for a while it gets easier.

Masa Choi - She reminds me a bit of myself, yet she's completely different. She stands out to me and I always look forward ro seeing what she's doing. We're good friends and I'm her editor. It's great!

.::Love Life::.
*tomato red face*
Masa Choi - We-well she's a great girl and I enjoy being around her, despite her dick jokes. She's really cu-cute when she's sleeping and I like to see her smile. I always find myself looking forward to tomorrow because I wonder what she'll be acting like and what new things she has in store for us. If she a-asked me out? ....I would probably say yes.

Kousuke Yamato - He's a really cool dude but I don't ever see us going beyond friends. I don't lean that way, but he's pretty cool.

Jung Jin Woo - Jung is a good friend of mine and I'm happy with that.

Mariko Arakawa - We're cool but I can't see us dating. I mean, she's a great person I'm sure but I don't really know her. Who knows though.

Anna-Mei Akisora - I love that we're friends. She's an amazing girl and I love her bubbly personality. She may be klutzy and forgetful but it adds to her cuteness. I'm always helping her out and I love to see her having a good time, especially knwoing how she can be alone. Wh-what?! If she asked me o-out? .... I'd say yes honestly.

tumblr_nvrozh5LvC1ufmjszo1_1280.jpg

.::Likes::.
Small, cute things
Stargazing
A bunch of pillows and blankets to snuggle with
Music
Animals
Coffee with lots of cream
Sweets
Romance
Being with others
Disney Movies/Animated movies in general

.:::Dislikes::.
Hurting others
Fish
Rumors/Gossip
Extreme Weather
Summer
Socializing too much
Going too long without work
Pointless fights
Asking for help
Horror Movies

.::Manga::.
[**** = Very Popular
*** = Popular
** = Known
* = Unknown]

Love and Loss****
The story follows a highschool girl named Mae-Rin who was the outcast her entire life, never having friends or anyone to care for. One day a transfer student joins the class, his name Ryoku Nirishiwa, and he takes an interest in the outcast girl. He begins following her around, striking up conversation, and trying to get to know her. Eventually, confused, Mae-Rin confronts him about it and he tells her he wants to be her friend. Mae-Rin at first doesn't believe him but doesn't stop him from trying, after some time accepts him and they become friends. Time passes and they begin to like each other and Ryoku confesses his feelings. Mae-Rin accepts his feelings and the start dating. They date for two years, but Ryoku is killed in a car accident and Mae-Rin is broken. In the end, she kills herself from depression.

Death from an Angel***
The story is about a small ground of angels sent to a city on Earth to clear it of evil before it becomes overwhelming. They're trained assassins and kill without care. The main character is an angel who's only fifteen yet sent on such a mission. The angels go about their mission, however the main character, Riika, meets a human and begins to fall in love with him. As the story continues, they get to know each other better but she keeps it a secret that she's an angel and she kills. After some time has passed, Riika tell him about her mission and he freaks. He ends up neglecting her existence and Riika become heartbroken. She sees that he starts to spend time with other girls and with every new girl he starts to like, she kills that girl. In the end, she kills the guy however when they have to leave to go back home, RIika is unable to because has sinned greatly. She is banished to hell.

Left Behind**
The story follows a dog from birth to death who's name is Uno. The dog goes through lots of tough times in his lifetime and learns many lessons. He goes from being in a lovable home, to on the streets when they move and leave him, to part of a wild dog pack, and more. He meets many new people however never finds a home and is always wandering. In the end he dies without anyone around him as he lived a lonely life, and dies with many regrets and questions.

[more will probably be added]

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Whew. That took me a while but I got it done! ^^

@Mundane Monster
@IceQueen
@MaryGold
@Saralaxy
@xLarius

Hooray! Editors and Manga-kas have been randomly paired (sticky first post). Once everyone updates their CS we can begin. I'm excited/interested to see which characters end up together and which characters end up disliking each other.

You'll see this when I link the IC thread but for the mechanics of popularity and sales I just put everyone at a base popularity of 50. I use a random generator to come up with a number between -5 and 10 and thats how much the last month's sales increased or decreased from the previous month. I add the sale increase or decrease to the popularity. But I'll also factor in other things. Like if your character has worked on their manga a good bit of the time, or is written to have specifically been working hard on it then I'll generate their number between 0 and 10 so there is no decrease. But if the character is written to have not spent much time on it or rushed it I'll generate their number between -10 and 10. If the character was in the middle then it'll be between -5 and 10. I'll also add or subtract popularity points based on fan/boss/media interaction. So your character's interactions with all those NPCs do matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.