Magic The Gathering

Ok, Oro, I looked up that video, and...no, not really. It'll be closer to the Planeswalker comics on the MTG website.

Oh well sorry to say he doesn't really rp nor does he have the time to do so. Sorry Mabushii. ^^;

Yeah I've looked up most of the internet wise stuff. Not so much wikipedia but the official backgrounds on the MTG site I've read over a few times.

Drat! Can I make an overly dramatic and obnoxious character? Someone that has WILL DIE A HORRIBLE YET FUNNY DEATH written all over him.

Lol my outdated decks are outdated.

10th edition counter deck, with time stop and more spiketail drakelings/hatchlings. two mahamouti djinns, and two arcanis the omnipotents.

It's my "No. Oh btw my creatures all fly." deck. -_- (Sage owls lol)

I have an experimental green+blue, which offers lots of mana for small creatures and counter cards. Plus I have Magus of the Future, which basically increases my casting output twofold per turn.

Then I have my EVEN AN IDIOT CAN PLAY MAGIC deck which is a mana-assured pure green BEATDOWN deck with hueg monsters, Molimo and baaru fist o' krosa.

I have a burn deck that's even more outdated. Lava axes, Flame Jevelins, Voclanic Hammers, Shocks, and a few Rock Hydras. But I must say, outdated things are my favorite, like Myroddin and Ravnica.

My friend and I just got a shitload of cards.

dscf0032m.jpg

dscf0033.jpg

We paid roughly $30 for all of them.

Of course only a few hundred or so cards were actually useful. But we're planning to dump them all on the floor along with all of the cards we've already amassed and make a MTG pool and take pictures.

Wish I could catch a break like that. I see the Force of Will there...wish I had one.

I started playing mtg by borrowing high school friends' cards/decks.

My first deck was a deck of common stuff gathered from my high school friend's dump. (tangle golems and tangle asp+lure)

I actually entered the mtg world seeing imba decks like worldgorger and affinity firsthand -_-

Oro pls gimme your commons! I need cards ;_;

My group of friends might have an MTG version of an OGM(open game meet) soon where we invite people to play magic cards with us then drink afterward.

Why would they do that? MTG pool.

Also, neighborhood chicks.

Ok, so the release of Zendikar is coming up, and I'll be going to the pre-release this Sunday. However, I have had yet another idea. Would anyone be interested in a Zendikar-themed DnD 3.5 game? I'd make custom stats for some of the races, which includes Humans, Vampires, Kor, Merfolk, Goblins, and Elves. The customized races would be Vampires, Kor, Merfolk, and Goblins. I'd adjust the existing ones to work with Zendikar and so that they won't have any level adjustment, and I'd make Kor from scratch, something many DM's dread, but I happen to enjoy. The general plot would be an expedition to Jwar, Isle of Secrets, to discover the source of the blue beam of energy emmenating form the center of the island.

So, any takers?

3RW (2, R, W)
The Man Caped in Red (3)
+1 Target creature gains +1/+0 and vigilance until end of turn.
-1 Prevent all damage taken from a single source until end of turn.
-X Radiance - Target creature and all creatures sharing the same color gain +X/-X until end of turn.

Yeah, I went to one of the release parties. Got some good cards out of it, including Sorin and the new Chandra.

My friend went to the pre-release, we'll be getting a box or two soon. Seems that they've thrown in a bunch of mint-condition vintage cards like FoW and effing MOX JET in Zendikar.

also,

1254745780842.jpg

Nice combo. Ouch. Oh, and don't forget Celetsial Mantle.
6.jpg

Oh, I also got Mindbreak Trap. I'm not sure what it considers a spell in this case. If it's only cards that are on the stack, I can only see it being worth it's Mythic status as long as the Alara block remains Type 2. Of course, it can also help stop opponents from playing 3 or 4 of the traps that cn be cast for 0 all at once. Such as Archive Trap. You draw and play first. You have Mindbreak in your hand and a Fetch land. Your opponent has all 4 of their Archive traps. You drop the Fetch and use it. You opponent triggers their traps, in response, you trigger yours, exiling all 4 Archive Traps. Frankly, I'd still rather have an Archive Trap instead. All in all, I think they should have had Mindbreak Trap be Rare, and Archive Trap be Mythic.

I can see where you are coming from for that bit about the traps and their rarities Mabu. Indeed they most likely should be reversed. But Wizards chose not to and well I'm just fine with that. I can use some crap card like Hunted Wumpus and mill their entire deck down if I have all four Archive Traps. (Just my own thoughts on casual play.) In a more tournament style thinking you could just play them in vintage because you know that other deck will be searching through its library first turn.

Now about Mindbreak Trap, it will absolutely destroy Storm Deck. Basically this card will eliminate storm as a valid playable tournament deck. I am going out on a limb to say this card will most likely be put in at least 70% of the sideboards for tournaments. (At least the ones where storm likes to rear its ugly head in.)

As for me I have no idea when I'll be seeing my first box of Zendikar. I'm hoping to get me a U/R fetch land so I can further complete Tap You Die. Other than that here is hoping I get enough cards for Black Aggro Vamps.

Mindbreaker - a solution to un-counterable spells. It can get triggered easily enough, but the first 2 spells would be resolved by the time it does, so you usually just counter the third and whatever is still in the stack. I see it making more appearances in legacy matches than type-2.

Hey so I just picked up a copy of "The Purifying Fire". It's one of the Planeswalker novels and from skimming over it it looks pretty good. Has anyone hear read it and if so what's your review and such?