Magic The Gathering

Hmm...there are a few counters out there that let you untap islands when you play them. I suggest using those. Also, try and include a few cards that let you shuffle your graveyard into your library.

You really wanna tick them off then grab a Sensei's Top and a Counterbalance. That stuff makes games take long ^^;.

Or put Time Warp on Panoptic Mirror. "Your next turn will be your last." Combine that with Sen Triplets. "I'll play your entire hand for you. It's only a matter of time."

Ok, sorry to double post, but this pertains to something different. It's for the Planeswalker RP. Let me know what you think of it so far.

Planeswalkers: Planechase
Note: All abilities must be approved by me. Keep in mind that you are playing someone who has recently become a Planeswalker, so your spells aren't going to be Wrath of God powerful. Keep that in mind. However, you are still very powerful.

Terminology
Block: A block consists of 2-3 sets. Each block takes place on a unique plane.
Set: A specific group of cards realeased at the same time and identified by a symbol at the lower right corner of the artwork.
Plane: A specific planet in the multiverse.
Spark: The intangible source of a planeswalker's planeswalking ability. Also increases their magical abilities.
Need anything further explained, simply PM with your query.
Character Sheet

Name:
Home Plane:(Any other than Dominaria)
Colors: (Choose up to three. Cannot choose Artifact)
Champion: (Choose 1 Legendary creature that shares at least 1 of your colors. Some choices will be turned down due to absurdity, such as extremely large creatures. Nicol Bolas cannot be a champion)
Spells: (Choose 2 instants/sorceries that each share at least 1 color with you. Some choices will be turned down. Such as Time Warp.)
Custom: (Choose any 2 non-legendary creature token types/instants/sorceries, and/or 1 non-creature artifact. Some restrictions apply, as usuall)
Personality: (Generally matches your colors, but does not have to)
Background: (Must include how you found your spark.)

Hey Piro, new card for your 'Tap you die' deck.
k3mntfewc5_EN.jpg

Biggest problem with that is there is only one merfolk that goes into my tap you die deck when it is Legacy. However, now that I modified it to extended it no longer has that one. All in all I'd find it better suited to sit with those tribal decks from Lorwyn. A well played merfolk deck could abuse this to no end.

Actually, all you need is Lullmage, whom I'm going to call LOLmage from now on, and some counterspells. It's designed to be boosted by other merfolk, but not rely on them.

Then I purpose the second problem I see with the card. Not many of my spells in my deck actually counter things. Seeing as I only need an instant or sorcery that is blue or red I stuck in things that burn or draw rather than counter. (besides the Cryptic Commands I have in the deck which counter and draw.) Sounds like an extremely sound card to put in a W/U Merfolk deck I saw my friend play. It produces tons of tokens, couters spells, and uses his Merfolk force to move on through. I think, with a bit of work, the deck could have even faced the amazing challenge of Faeries. But that is just wishful thinking.

All in all I find this card useless to Tap You Die but devastating when paired up with a token counter merfolk deck.

Just so we are clear on the "Tap You Die" deck. I'm going to put up the little linky to the deck list. I'm sure you will understand and probably have 1.X suggestions for me shortly after.

Tap You Die Decklist

Oh almost forgot about the Rune Snags I put in it. Anywho go ahead and critique and maybe I'll add it in. (Normal spells top out at 3 cmc usually in this deck.)

1. Explain how Farie decks work, I've been out of the game for a long time lol.

B. Piro, can you elaborate a bit more on how your tap -> die deck?

III. I'm really interested in that merfolk card, might build a deck around it mmmm.

Alright let's answer those sequentially.

1. The Faeries are a pretty easy play. Each of them have flying so right off the bat they have evasion as a nuisance. Then there is Scion of Oona as a Faerie Lord type thing. Basically your Fae are boosted plus they are protected, and because he is not legendary two out protects all Fae from everything but world effects. To get rid of those pesky world effect cards they put in things like Cryptic Command or Spellstutter Sprite to make things really hard to get around. And finally to top it all off the other important card in this deck was 30$ and is Bitter Blossom. Apparently a token each turn for one life isn't that bad of a cost. And considering the fact you might have two Scions out, not only is it protected because it is a Faerie but it produces 3/3 Flyers.

B. Moving along before I talk too long about Faeries, I will regale you with the inner workings of the Tap You Die deck. As you probably noticed the deck is packed full of creatures that have "T: Deal 1 damage to target creature or player." Well that is not just what most of the cards say. In fact every single one of them have an extra effect and that effect makes this deck extremely effecient. First off let us look at Gelectrode. He is pretty easy to understand but at first glance it doesn't seem all that great, however, when you start playing a bunch of draw spells + their flashback from Think Twice you start untapping them a lot. Even if you just have two on the field you are adding Shock to every spell you play. Not to mention that Cinder Pyromancer also untaps when you play that red spell. Now we move onto the hard hitting stuff, as if that was not enough for you.

The main force of this deck does come from the tap stuff but what really is nice is the Wee Dragonauts. Every time I make my deck work they get +2/+0 and they have flying. The Crackleburr is kind of my lord in this deck that effectively taps and untaps my guys for further damage. Not to mention his bounce effect will get rid of targetable threats. This leaves us with my mana cost defying Niv-Mizzet. He works well whenever I start using a lot of draw spells to untap my guys. In addition his free tap and draw will also draw me into more draw spells or a burn spell thus adding on more points of damage. To finish off this fine creature is the Curiosity card combo with Niv-MIzzet. A sure fire kill to however much life they have left after suriviving this long.

So that's Tap You Die in a nutshell.

III. Hmmm yes that would be something nice to build a deck around. A creature creating deck would would most likely be the ticket. Let's see if I can pull up a few examples of Merfolk creating Merfolk.

Stonybrook Schoolmaster
Summon the School

I think those two are enough for token creation. The other stuff should be mostly protection and counter Merfolk. You can search for Lorwyn and Shadowmoor block Merfolk and get some good results.

That's a prettty sweet deck you have mmmm

I think I can effectively just put LOLmage mentor to my pure counter deck and just swarm them with tokens!

Damn, I want to make a type II deck soon but other hobbies + gf are eating my funds ;_;

i still prefer the "tap you die"/"Tim" deck myself. i believe its already been mentioned earlier.

by the way

ITS A TRAP!

Well, I've finally gotten the OOC for my Planeswalker campaign up. It's called Planechasers. Take a look, make a character, tell a friend! I'm off to sleep.

I made a character. I like the gambling sorts.

Oh and glad to hear you still like the Tap You Die deck Razilin.

Will the RP be like this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0zxVkTH6A"]YouTube - Wizards of the Coast "Ice Age" Promo[/ame]

So I recently started playing MTG. I like it. I started playing because of my boyfriend and I picked up one of the "2010" (?) decks. They have the large Planeswalker cards in them with the special dice. Since I don't play in groups (I play one on one only for now) I can't really use them...I guess I could but that would be silly. The deck is obviously a pre-made set and it's a Mountain/Plains mix. It works pretty well for a beginner like myself. It has lots of sexy overgrown creatures for me to duel with. =] I favor Akroma and I know tid bits about her background.

I'd really like to learn more about the Planeswalkers' backgrounds. Anyone have any MTG books to reccommend to me?

ACtually, if you've got one with Planes cards, that would be from the Planechase expansion set. As far as reading material, I'd suggest checking out Wikipedia. Read about the characters, follow the links, and read MagicTheGathering.com's Planeswalker comics. I'd suggest setting aside a weekend to do this.

You say your boyfriend got you into magic? Well, tell him about my Planeswalker RP and see if he'll join. Ideally, I'd like to get one character from each Plane, if not each location, not that I think it'll happen...