Magic The Gathering

I haven't gotten a chance to read any of the Planeswalkers novels, just the comics on the MtG website. And I'm kinda glad that Mindbreak Trap is Mythic. Makes it better as trade fodder. I can probably get at least two Archive Traps out of it. Oh yeah, I also had a Lotus Cobra, but I traded it to get my Chandra and Sorin. And before any of you yell at me for this, I have a card that can potentially work better than Lotus Cobra, though it's not Type 2. Stone-Seeder Hierophant
If I've got a land enchanted with things like Fertile Ground, then I get that extra mana. And if I don't tap the land right away, I don't loose any of the mana at the end of the step.

I don't wanna play Legacy! ;_;

Too many 1st turn win decks.

ANGRY GETH IS ANGRY! But then again why should I be? I mean I would love to be on the receiving end of that deal for the Lotus Cobra. You just tossed away a type 2 black lotus for a Chandra and Sorin my friend. Let me break it down for you and others just in case they do not understand.

1. Have the Lotus Cobra out.

2. Play a fetch land get 1 mana.

3. Sacrifice fetch land and go grab a land. Get 1 mana when the land comes into play. (Remember that one is any color)

4. Tap the land you searched for for another mana and boom you got 3 mana and all it required was 1 specific card in your hand, 1 on the field, and a single life. I'd say that qualifies as type 2 black lotus.

So...next time you get say another Lotus Cobra, can I make a trade with you? I mean...I want a set please.

The problem with Lotus Cobra is that it's squishy and there aren't many cards in the block yet that can save it. Now, I'm not saying it's not a good card, I'm jsut saying that my play style doesn't use it, especially since I plan on running U/B for Type 2.

Oh, I also have 3 of the 5 Ascension Quest enchantments. Would have had all 5, but the last draft got messed up and we all had to return our cards. I'm just missing Beastmaster Ascension and Bloodchief Ascension.

Oh, and if you're running a blue deck, Living Tsunami is a good card to have. Makes Landfall easy to pull off. Combine with one or two Hedron Crabs and you've got a nasty early game mill combo.

Anyways, as for why I am running Mono-Blue or U/B:
1 Archmage Ascension
1 Roil Elemental
2 Cosi's Trickster
1 Lullmage Mentor
1 Sea Gate Lore Master
1 Minbreak Trap

I still need a win-condition for my soon-to-be MUC. Suggestions? Srsly considering LOLmage lol.

Will save up for Jittes and Dark Confidants for my shadow deck; then maybe I'll try adding a few control/discarders, I feel uncomfortable slowing it down though..

also,

dscf0097yf.jpg

Hay guys

Magic the gathering manga confirmed for Dengeki Maoh. (Same publishers that brought us Index, Shana, Toradora, Kino's journey, etc.)

http://www.houseofsixten.com/hcstaff/?p=1110

I am calling this:

Jace Beleren as shut in hero.
Chandra as tsundere heroine.
Garruk as ANIKIII.
Goldmane as the furry mascot.
liliana vess as dark magical girl.
Vampire Bishie Planeswalker as vampire bishie.
Nissa as moeblob with a fanclub.
Sarkhan Vol as comedic high level minion.
Nicol Bolas as I WAS THE BAD GUY ALL ALONG HURR HURR
Knight girl from Bant as SABER RIPOFF

and my favorite:

Tezzeret as the mecha pilot.

x

/tg/ was raeging all about it, it was lulzy.

imagevu.jpg
X2 +
imagevtx.jpg
= lulz

Wait, the faceless butcher combo doesn't make sense.

It should stop and resolve by the second butcher, as you summoned one first, removing something else, then summoned the other. I'll then assume you planned for the second to remove the first, which returns the 'something else' into play. Nothing happens with number one other than he's removed from the game, however, as 'something else' is not a faceless butcher.

All you did was remove one butcher from the game, as there is no explicit rule that allows it to come back on its own.

So, at most, you could only gain like 3 points from summoning the two butchers with a soul warden out.

EDIT: 3 faceless butchers, however, will work. o_o

There's a simple explanation for that: LOL TYPO

Might make a deck with those creatures, but the win-condition WON'T be that combo lol. B/W lockdown deck.

----
Set of Cryptic Command for $44? Mmmm?

How about this guy for my LOLCOUNTER deck?
teferi,_mage_of_zhalfir.jpg

The problem with the Faceless Butcher combo is that I don't think they can target other Faceless Butchers since it says it can't target Faceless Butcher. If it just meant that it couldn't target itself, it would say "Remove target creature other than this card"

I believe you are wrong on that account Mabu. You see your reasoning is logical but your answer conflicts with rule 201.2

201.2. Text that refers to the object it's on by name means just that particular object and not any other duplicates of it, regardless of any name changes caused by game effects

Ok. I wasn't entirely sure and was going to check the website later. But it seems you got there first. Anyways, a drawback to that combo is if you only have Soul Warden or Essence Warden and the three Butchers on the field, and your opponent has no creatures on the field, and mid-combo your opponent kills the Warden. Then you go into an infinite combo that you can't escape from since you don't have any other creatures to remove from the game.

Yeah but more than likely by turn 6 your opponent will have something on the field that is considered a creature. And if someone is running this combo they will most likely make sure that they have a viable target to get out of the combo before actually doing it. The only time I see that drawback taking place is if the person is really desperate to pull of the combo and fails to heed the warning signs (You have no mana, your opponent has mana).

So long as we are talking combos let me add in two of my combos that had good replies.

Goblin Sharpshooter + Lace With Moonglove.

Basically Goblin Sharpshooter becomes a Plague Wind at instant speed. Onto the other combo.

Grinning Ignus + Thermopod + Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder = Infinite Red mana.

Pretty easy. Just have Thermopod and Endrek Sahr out. Then play the Ignus getting you three thrull tokens. Sac a thrull for a red to bounce back Ignus for casting cost and the other two for extra mana. Repeat. So long as you got something to filter into it should be havoc. (My personal choice for this card was Whetwhell at the time as this combo was still Type II then.)

Deathtouch is actually more imba than the old "If this opponent is blocked or blocks destroy target creature blocking or blocked by this creature" if you can do that. (shoot with deathtouch) o_o

I suddenly need lace with moonglove with my kumano and my prodigal pyromancers for my redgreen.

Oro, do you have any tangle asps? Pedeng humingi?

One of my favorite combos: Tower Above + Kusari-gama + low-cost regenerator. Field wipe, check please.
Or Kusari-gama + deathtouch + card that forces blocking. And if multiple creatures block the one with Kusari on it and the Kusari creature is at least a 2/2, then the Kusari creature deals it's damage across the board multiple times. Yee-ha!

We has asps, but they're in a snake fun deck, I'll try to dig for some.

I'VE DECIDED TO MAKE A STANDARD DECK, WHAT DO I MAKE?

JUND CASCADE IS OVERUSED, GIMME IDEAS!

Hmmm...Ya know, with landfall, Harrows, and a few other cards, I bet you could make a Standard deck that can pull off a turn three Dramatic Entrance Progenitus with relative consistency. Maybe even turn two. Haven't actually tried crunching the numbers on it...Though turn two seems a bit impossible now that I think about it. Turn three though should be easy.

EXALTED SUCKS!

I'm definitely making a Merfolk deck, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be standard/extended/legacy. Will find out when the box arrives.