Magic The Gathering

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Orochi, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Kunari glare at him irritably.

2. Hi everyone!

So question: I notice we have a lot of IC threads going on. Which would be the main thread to post in, and am I supposed to post in a specific thread due to my character being a global hero?

3. AUGUST 28, 2016
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    @Razilin @Lonewolf888978

Neren scoffed at the woman and took the liberty of looking at the computer nearby to search for journals, her address, anything that would do anything for their search. Sendon snarled and stomped on the woman's neck, crushing it and 'killing; her. Knowing that Sam might get upset, he looked over. "She had no mind of her own." he said, stepping away from the corpse. "Her mind had been broken and the body a slave for the Weaver. She would have known nothing." his eyes met those of everyone's here. "The weaver's own magic coursed through her. Like that animal you must have fought.. she was simply a simulacra. A puppet for his magicks."

"She has a personal laboratory and home on the University campus." Neren called, standing up. A grimace showed that he knew this was almost certainly a trap or otherwise working into the Weaver's plans, but as far as he knew they had no real choice to do otherwise

4. The new set is called Zendikar, though the symbol in that card isn't the Zendikar symbol, nor is it the symbol for Worldwake, the second set in the Zendikar block. It could always be the symbol for the...Yep, just checked. It's the symbol for Planechase, a new mini-set that is made for multiplayer mayhem.

5. Land + hand + deck destruction decks are BA. I really wish I had some people to play with in my area.

6. October, do you have Skype or MSN?

7. No, I have Aim and Yahoo.

8. I am in the process of reviving my monoblack weenie aggro shadow deck. This is the latest modification I've made.

CREATURES [16]
    dauthi slayer [4]
    dauthi horror [3]
    dauthi mercenary [3]
    dauthi marauder [2]
    nether traitor [4]

INSTANTS [8]
    dark ritual [4]
    *creature control* (unamake/rend flesh/echoing decay/hideous end etc) [4]

ENCHANTMENTS [9]
    bad moon [2]
    unholy strength [3]
    edge of the divinity [3]
    necropotence [1]

SORCERIES [9]
    sign in blood [3]
    soul spike [3]
    unearth [3]

ARTIFACTS [1]
    lotus petal [1]

LANDS [17]
    lake of the dead [1]
    swamp [16]

SIXTEEN SWAMPS? IN AN AGGRO DECK!? UNPOSSIBLE!

But it works somehow. This incarnation gets rid of all pumpable cards like Endless Scream, Shade's form, Drain Life/Consume Spirit. Added a set of Nether Traitors, but got rid of one dauthi horror and mercenary each(yes the previous incaration only had 14 creatures and it worked somehow).

The idea here is to get cheap unblockable creatures as fast as possible and hit them with unholy strength/edge of the divinity, I've sacrificed a lot for pure speed and I think it will work.

Your thoughts? I can provide the original decklist if you want, but it was very messy coz I lent it to a friend for 4 years and it was a bit messed up when it came back.

9. "Yeah." Astorath gently placed his hand on Ashley's head.

10. Phage is the ultimate creature card, god I love pulling her on the first turn.

I'll send you my yahoo, but there is no way I'm playing in IM.......until I get a web-cam. I've tried it before and its really not worth the time and effort.

11. For me I'd be happy to play anyone over an IM or voice communication program. I have my decks ready to roll against anyone. Honesty is really the key here and I do not see why you would not. I mean losing in Magic is just showing you why your deck does not work. Once you solve that riddle you can make it better.

Anyway I'm up for a game anytime so long as I have a deck constructed.

MSN: Pirogeth@hotmail.com

NOTE: I can keep track of what is in play on a text program so no worries there.

12. "No. I'm fine."

13. "I have a baby to look after."

14. Add me on YM and MSN.

MSN: manbazooka@hotmail.com

YM: PM me if you want it(I am more active here btw)

Back to my cards, I don't see the point of putting dauthi embrace there(I have them but didn't put them in) because I have no intentions of blocking anyway. And a first turn phage is plausible, but not with 3 dark rits(this will only happen once in like a hundred games).

I'm asking if the balance between the weenies, enchantment pumpers and mana is good.

15. Well, Oro, the best way to tell if it's balanced is to play it many times against many different decks. And you're in luck! Not counting my EDH decks, I ahve roughly 35 different decks. ^^

Anyways, Piro, are your decks Type 2 legal or are they 'just for fun' decks?

16. Hmmm not sure if they are Type 2 legal, at least one of them is close. My aggro deck seems pretty close but I'm not sure on the set change. As far as the other deck goes I'm absolutely sure that its only viable formats are Legacy and Vintage. As for my Tap You Die deck that one is 1.X.

17. Type-two will change next month so bleh.

My shadow deck is legacy, but it'll become vintage if I put in necropotence T_T

My next project will be a red blaster legacy, since my friends and I will focus on that type. We might go for type-2 standard if we like zendikar though.

18. Zendikar is actually looking pretty cool. I just fear that someone is going to break the new ability Landfall. I know green decks are just going to go nuts with that ability.

19. Alright, I want to make a Legacy counter-deck.

It will consist of 20-24 counterspells.

Maybe a few card-advantage/drawing cards.

No idea how it will win, honestly I don't care right now. But it will piss off people so much it doesn't matter who wins lol.

I need halp on how to construct it, and how it will win lol. I'm thinking of putting a few genju of the falls or maybe a few blue flying creatures or something. Note that this is a legacy deck, so most cards can be used.