Magic Returns (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god I'm so excited to start this roleplay! When are you going to put the IC up?

Reactions: ℜyder
Oh, really? Maybe you should look at it again. Rereading things you like is always fun.

*dramatic wink*

• Love
Reactions: Quiet Souris
The earliest I could theoretically start the IC would be tomorrow at around 3 PM Eastern Standard Time, but if anyone can't be on then let me know and we can pick a better time.

I was going to wait till I'm done studying for finals, but honestly writing stimulates my brain like nothing else so if it's not a problem for anyone else I can start it tomorrow.

• Love
Wait a tick?

More was added! Bwahahaha, ward off all the snipers!
But no really, my sanity is decaying here as I gradually become more tired, haha.

As for start date, I have no issues, worst comes to worse, I just have to catch up.

• Love
Yep that time works for me as well, but if I have to catch up I won't whine about it so I'm cool with it ^•^

Hmmm... I will working at that time but I will catch up... Hopefully.

Alright, since all are agreed that's when we'll get started.

Also, the part with the bullets there wasn't even to counteract snipers, though that makes sense as well. It was originally because one NPC makes no sense if she should've been shot long ago, and I was trying to avoid a cliche Neo bullet-time moment with Taylor.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the IC thread starts the moment your character sees the video. None of them have their powers yet, mostly because the only ones who were sneaking around to avoid the military/police had a plan that's totally perfectly normal and not malicious at all.

Pft, don't worry Souris! Alex will be that annoying, overly friendly individual that drags Leto along, no matter his opinion!

And sounds good Lepixi! I was mostly just playing around when I said snipers, haha.

Edit: @Kathrine By the way, your avatar is adorable!
Sorry Lepixi, I have already been awed by Toothless's adorableness too much!

• Love
Yes, there are many adorable avatars in this thread. Basically all of them. And the characters, of course, and I have already formed possible ships in my head.

No, that did not take long at all.

Just a friendly reminder that if you have any questions you can ask them either here or in private. I'm sure I've missed possible Mechanics that need to be set before something happens that shouldn't (pls no nuke magic) so I'd appreciate it if anything you're curious about you ask me! Thanks guys!

• Love
Ohhhh, a ships list, I want to get in on this one, haha. Always enjoyed hearing of those, and the random reasons people make for shipping who with who.

Alright, then let's shoot for random basic questions which may very well be obvious!

1. What happens to a vessel (Object-wise) when it is drained of energy completely? As well, are they rechargeable after they have been fully consumed?

2. If an individual is to use multiple vessels, would the magic amplify, or would it become prolonged?

3. What would occur if two users of opposite Magic affinity stored their own energy into a vessel, and they switched vessels? Would their Magic affinity then, temporarily whilst using this new vessel, contain traces of the other?

Hey, you said ask, so I am shooting randomly in the dark to keep you on your toes.

• Love
Pft, don't worry Souris! Alex will be that annoying, overly friendly individual that drags Leto along, no matter his opinion!

And sounds good Lepixi! I was mostly just playing around when I said snipers, haha.

Edit: @Kathrine By the way, your avatar is adorable!
Sorry Lepixi, I have already been awed by Toothless's adorableness too much!
Hmmm...Alex better prepare for violence and a really shocked/angry Leto.

Hmmm...Alex better prepare for violence and a really shocked/angry Leto.
Silly Alex will probably get into a lot of trouble due to his lax nature. But admit it! The duo will make for some decent comedy scenes seeing as they are near complete opposites!

Well, inwardly Leto is probably very similar. Which means his outer personality is going to absolutely LOVE Alex. Note the sarcasm there.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Okay, if we are talking pairings yet: I wanna see.... Hmmmm....

Like....Alex and Fern? Plants and Earth go so well!!! XD

Yes, these are helpful questions. I'm on mobile at the moment but I'll add the relevant info to Mechanics later.

1. All vessels can be recharged and will usually just assume their natural state when drained. However, if the vessel is an object that is not possible with magic (fun fact: making a vessel out of a building is a terrible idea) such as a grass sword, it will fall apart or revert to its original state.

2. Multiple vessels can either amplify or prolong magic, but they provide no bonuses over a larger vessel storing the same total energy.

3. Magic stored in vessels does retain traces of the affinity of the user, and will allow for easier casting of relevant magic for those who do not possess that affinity.

I didn't clarify this before, but all types of magic are available to all mages. The only magic that will ever be easy for them to use is the one for which they have an affinity. For example, Leto or Alex using a fireball would be extremely difficult and requires extra energy, so it wouldn't be something they'd like to do.

That clears a few things up! Thanks! :3

So... Our character can potentially do any magic but it requires more energy than magic tied to their affinity?

Like a water user using an earth spell would have more trouble?

Exactly. And a water user manipulating fire would be nearly impossible.

Also, I totally ship Alex and Fern too, but what if he crushes some of her flowers on accident? Earthquakes don't know what beauty is, man.

And a fire user using an ice spell causes hypothermia.. Alright, I admit, that was a stupid joke.

Blast! I must think of more difficult questions to keep Lepixi on their toes!

Alright! Uhh.... AH!

4. When a Vessel is destroyed, but it still contains magic what happens? Does it disperse, or do the fragments contain a fraction of the original stored magic?

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.