Magic Returns (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I had a little too much fun with this one, haha. Feel free to shoot her down Lepixi, after all, she does essentially have teleportation, but I did try to nerf it.

Rooftop.png

Name:
Catherine Charm 'Bolt'

Magical Affinity:
Marked Recall; a two stage magic that requires at least two separate vessels. Upon activation, the user must touch the first vessel, which will immediately begin draining the second, as the first has now been 'marked'. Reactivation of this magic will switch the current location, and momentum of both the first vessel and user.

*This indicates, the first vessel must be thrown (Or otherwise sent flying over a distance) , whilst draining the mana of the second vessel the user currently holds.
**More so, depending on the distance traveled from the initial mark location (Not the distance between the user and the first vessel), an additional energy cost shall be drained from the first vessel. (Upon activation of the mark of course, meaning the energy shall be drained when the magic is complete.)
***When momentum is transferred it ignores physics, this means the user will continue full momentum of the vessel, rather than it degrading due to the differences in mass.
****If the mark is not consumed, both Vessels will be drained entirely of energy.
*****Yes, this is essentially predictable teleportation.

Personality Traits:
Catherine is a give-and-take type of person, seeing as she does not like one-sided exchanges, with her being the losing party. But, surprisingly enough, despite her rather greedy nature, she never goes to the extent of outright manipulating another. Rather she generally lays things quite outright, boldly speaking of another's idiocy, as well asking them to sacrifice themselves for her own life. As well, Catherine rarely shows hints of sadness or despair, let alone shyness. She rather enjoys picking verbal fights with others, especially so when they will actually retort back. This is probably due to a mild fear that she will be forgotten, and surely those who hate her will not forget.

History:
At the young age of seven, Catherine was abandoned by her parents on the streets of some town she could not recognize. What's more, before the act it was drilled into her head that she had been bad, and the police desired to take her away forever. With such a trauma in place, she feared to look for help amongst the community, scared to death that she would be locked away somewhere. As days passed, she simply let herself starve, nearly allowing herself to meet death at his door. But in the end a single individual dropped a bag of food next to her, seeing the child as homeless. He refused to do anything more, merely leaving her behind with that bag before going about his daily business. Humanity is surely such a cruel, and greedy existence that it would not help a single lone girl.

Nevertheless, Catherine managed to survive over the years, whether it be by begging or stealing from others. Of course, there were times when she was taken to an orphanage, in which case she would quickly manage to escape. But for the most part, she carried about sustaining her own life. It was around sixteen years of age that the girl found a fellow group of outsides, or delinquents as you will. Though they practically all guys, none seemed to ever really bother seeing her as a girl, and at times even engaged in fights with her. Nevertheless, being a part of the group allowed her access to a shabby little apartment, gaining a roof and shower for luxury. If you think the girl lived a pitiable lifestyle, just ask her. She lived far more freely than any individual caged by 'parents' and 'law'.

• Love
Reactions: Quiet Souris
I think this works, but I'd suggest giving her an air affinity as well so she can do something in between teleporting. The amount of energy to do that would be pretty high (she might spend a whole day charging just one of the two vessels, and considering it seems she might not be able to find the other to recharge it she'd have to find a new vessel every time) so besides charge time vessels with a high enough capacity wouldn't necessarily be common, unless the street kid has a reason to have a ton of jewels on her person for some reason.

Accepted!

Edit: Also, since it's pretty obvious where she's going anyway, it'd be really cool if a lightning bolt traced her path of teleportation as well.

Reactions: Quiet Souris
Haha, that is why I am going to be using the 'They can use all magics, but at a lower grade and different cost' bit. I still think the idea of teleporting is a little overpowered, so I shall keep it nerfed a bit. Besides, I don't think the energy cost would be too horribly high grade of a gem, seeing as she can only really teleport throwing distance. And most of the time, it will probably only be about seven or eight feet.
Anyways, I am working on a way to predict distance-to-cost ratio.
Like, a diamond quarter-sized in diameter is enough to teleport a decent twenty five feet. (If she can even get it that far)
And the smallest being the same size of colorless quartz merely going about a half a foot...
Don't know, haha. Have to figure that one out, but you are right, one gem will practically always be left behind.

Even then, one would not want to activate a gem when it is flying too quickly, or falling a great distance. After all, the momentum is transferred, and can slingshot herself into a wall, or off a cliff. More or less, the majority of this ability will not be used for teleporting, but rather the momentum gained, lessening the distance of the throw.

Edit: Also, since it's pretty obvious where she's going anyway, it'd be really cool if a lightning bolt traced her path of teleportation as well.
Oh, that would be really cool.. And I guess you are attempting to gather where she is going via her name? Actually it's because she watched the movie 'Bolt' and rather enjoyed the animation. It was her first movie in a rather long time, and her 'gang' wanted to nickname her Mittens (Probably due to the casual teasing and random banter of such a crowd). But she didn't like the idea of being related to a cat...

Fair enough. I think you're underestimating how far the average person can throw a gem, though. They're not heavy and their shape is pretty ideal for tumbling through the air. I'm pretty sure I could toss one across a baseball field if I tried hard enough.

I have added an accepted characters list, since I was going to make one up for my own use anyway with links to all the character sheets. There are more of them than I thought already. The mechanics section has also been edited with the information from yesterday.

Haha, that is why the energy cost is depending on the distance. And if it is based on a throw, you do not have to worry about her teleporting through walls and the like.

Edit: (It's a back and forth thing. Throwing distance and cost) XD

Yeah, fair enough, I like it!

Now stop talking to me and write your IC post already! :bsmile:

Reactions: ℜyder
Haha, fine~ Fine~

But you might want to put a link to the IC in the first post near the top. Because it has become buried in page three!

Doing it now :)

Reactions: ℜyder
@Spirit Raven You are a quick writer, haha. I second guess myself too much.. And the formatting seems fine from a glance, just the size was increased to 4.

If only I could write quick on school essays... Heh but yeah selecting the text and changing the size apparently doesn't work so that's why only the last line is that size

Haha, the current size doesn't really bug me whatsoever. I mean, at least it is not some unreadable font, incredibly small, nor incredibly big.

If you think Raven's a quick writer, you should see what I wrote in 5 minutes. (It's on my blog)

Plus he's been writing it for like the past couple hours because of the whole phone thing.

I may fear your capabilities Lepixi, haha. I figured he had only been working on it for an hour despite the phone thing (Then again now that I think about it the IC post was put out around 2pm here, and it is now 6..)
Bah, between dinner debates, random texts, and having to take care of a couple rowdy nephews I am just slow I suppose, haha.

Just for reference on my non-chaotic writing speed, I started the IC post I'm currently writing when Raven posted his. You'll see it in a few minutes :)

I actually wrote it on my laptop but I can't post here from it so I had to used a Google doc to get the text to my phone to here

Gah I didn't even think about how Luke would get to a crystal

He might not for a while, which is perfectly okay. If you insist on him finding one, a park could conceivably have one. Then again, if there's one in a park it's either heavily guarded or taken already, so I doubt he'd be able to handle that alone.

Especially with his mom.

Bolt is turning a bit more back-street than I thought as I am writing her, haha.

And don't worry Raven, I have no idea how to get either of my characters to a crystal properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.