Mafia Day Thread: Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST:

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive. Vampires may speak to each other at night.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Pumpkin - A town role who is prepared to kill those who conspire against the town. The Pumpkin is able to target a player to kill at night. If their killing attempt is unsuccessful, they may attempt to kill someone again on another night. If the pumpkin is successful in their killing attempt then they may not attempt to kill someone again. If the Pumpkin kills a member of the town they shall commit suicide on the following night.

Y'know... I bet if one of us just blurted out their role now, the other townies would have to follow up otherwise look suspicious or offer up the first role-revealer to the Wolf. So, in the spirit of townie friendship...

I nominate @Starlighter to role reveal. You got this, believe in the me that believes in you!

The thing about it being early though is that it has the potential for the most advantage right now. The longer we wait, the more claim space scum have, leaving the witch as our only counter claim option. And if they kill or convert the witch, then claiming looses almost all its value.

Y'know... I bet if one of us just blurted out their role now, the other townies would have to follow up otherwise look suspicious or offer up the first role-revealer to the Wolf. So, in the spirit of townie friendship...

I nominate @Starlighter to role reveal. You got this, believe in the me that believes in you!
..... I am rather skeptical of this. I'm getting more vibe in the direction of you just wanting to know my role in light of how hard I'm pushing for the reveal, rather than actually hoping for a successful mass claim.

Details~

Do it! Lead the charge, out the Scummies! Be hailed as... as, um. As townie Paragon!!

The thing about it being early though is that it has the potential for the most advantage right now. The longer we wait, the more claim space scum have, leaving the witch as our only counter claim option. And if they kill or convert the witch, then claiming looses almost all its value.

This is also true. The more time we wait, the more likely it is that scum can claim other roles. Conversely, we could have the scum picked out. However, I can see one flaw in this plan and it is fatal. Let's say we have everyone claim their roles except the neutrals, we will see at most three days to eliminate them all. ( Today would be one elimination, tomorrow would be another and then the vig could get one.) Now, you may be asking what the flaw is. There are at worst case, three vampires, best case, two. No matter what happens, there will be the possibility that the vampires can still survive even with a role reveal. With the role reveal, they can turn townies and avoid the angel and werewolf. On a different hand, the role reveal will give the werewolf perfect motive to target the most damaging townie so he doesn't have to worry about it. However, the reverse could be true. It could make the town win. It's all risk and reward.

So much talking XD

oi. don't nominate others for this sorta thing. it was your idea so you rev-... wait.....
but yeah.

I don't feel too comfortable with revealing now. Vamps would get to turn, unless if we find them, lynch one, and have the ww/pump/reaper get rid of the 2nd, then lynch again. (unless if last night's convert didn't work in that case, we'd have to lynch and get by reaper./pum/ww (last two if convert fails if die same night))

To be honest, do we really lose anything by lynching @An Otaku ? There are no Jesters, and if he didn't want to be target by townie roles (ie pumpkin, reaper, cat, etc) he wouldn't be as... eager for nonsensical action. This Otaku is different than the Otaku from the last game.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
What does Otaku get out of what is effectively suicide?

How do you mean?

I assume @Dipper meant that @An Otaku is playing... recklessly? In the sense, 'jokingly' advocating for a lynch or immediately jumping onto role reveal. The last game, Otaku read into everything as town-aligned. This round, there is no analysis, and also no Jester. Why make yourself seem suspicious?

Yeah, that's what I was going for. Otaku has no reason to garner suspicion, so going ahead and lynching seems unnecessary.

Are.... are you guys saying I look....suspicious?
(0.0;)

People answered a survey last game, and you considered that suspicions. So IDK why you wouldn't think you were.

The discussion phase is now over! It is now the voting phase until 7:30 pm (BST) Wednesday 11th. The voting phase can be extended a maximum of three days. Seven votes will be required to lynch someone.

I vote @An Otaku because I legitimately can't think of a reason why they'd act so wild.

Also, is everyone still alive? I think we've heard from some of the cast but...

Status
Not open for further replies.