Mafia Day Thread: Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST:

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive. Vampires may speak to each other at night.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Pumpkin - A town role who is prepared to kill those who conspire against the town. The Pumpkin is able to target a player to kill at night. If their killing attempt is unsuccessful, they may attempt to kill someone again on another night. If the pumpkin is successful in their killing attempt then they may not attempt to kill someone again. If the Pumpkin kills a member of the town they shall commit suicide on the following night.

@Starlighter Provided there's no counter claims, I'll reveal my role.

Or I would, but I'm in a gambling mood. @Luster and @Kimberlyn next. Won't say Kiilgore because I trust their particular phrasing in voting me up. If this doesn't sound like a good deal, feel free to kill me. I won't mind. Well, I'll mind a little but.... reap what you sow, or whatever.

But yeah. These three reveal, I'll be fourth.

You've got to be kidden me, right? That's a potential for 3/8 town reveals would only provide more targets for werewolf and vampires. The Fairy can only heal one at a time.

Plus, you asked for Starlighter to reveal. They agreed. You don't get to change the rules.

@Luster I don't particularly get why you're so concerned. Star and others were advocating for everyone to role reveal not long ago, and you seemed okay with it too. What's changed exactly? My existence doesn't alter any probabilities so how is this suddenly such a concern for you exactly?

Also, yeah. I asked Star to reveal first. But ah, where you getting these "rules" from all of a sudden? Sure I said I'd reveal, once Star did and there were no counter claims, but never said I would go second.

But sure. Maybe I did "change the rules," if you like. What's the penalty exactly? Death? Hehe, sorta already on the chopping block so I don't feel any more bothered than before.

Unless you were never in support of Mass Reveal, Luster?

Unless you were never in support of Mass Reveal, Luster?

I feel very mixed about revealing. Would I reveal if everyone else does, yes. But just for you, absolutely not.

Revealing sets up targets for vampires and the werewolf. Also, some roles work best when not revealed. There are just as many risks as rewards to doing so.

I'm sure absolutely everyone would reveal if everyone else went first.

Impossible obviously. Hence my pressure for a certain three to reveal. But don't take this the wrong way. It was never apart of my plan to do this. I just wanted to see who'd be a tad eager to start lynching. But that plan went down the second I did the music stuff because I went from being suspicious to plain zany, and I figure some people thought I just wasn't taking the game seriously at that point.

So, my new idea! Get the people who were a little too quick to lynch me, a little too quick to say "There's no reason on the face of this earth to act that way" (paraphrasing. Also, there was a reason after all), and get them to follow a plan suggested by someone who wasn't me.

But.... I've probably just been repeating myself a lot. I do want to get my point across though, since every other post last game there was someone accusing me of saying I got suspicious because of Trip's quiz (not true, btw), or that for whatever reason I was both the most likely Maf but simultaneously doing a really bad job of being Mafia. Turned out I wasn't Mafia at all. And here we are... where I'm pretty much doing the same thing as last game. Well, if I'm being honest, this would be a good meta game style. Keep acting crazy every round so even when I'm actually Scum no one would spot any difference. Of course, "my style" seems to rely on being accused of something as soon as possible so.... probably not the best strategy for a Maf.

And now I'm rambling. Anyway, yeah. If those three reveal, don't get counter claimed, I'm sure the rest of town would reveal as well to both share the risk and help narrow the suspect pool. And if that's not a pleasant idea, lynch me for and enjoy the Innocent reveal that follows, I suppose.

Well considering this really is basically how @An Otaku acted last round and it became clear that they were in fact town later, we can at least say they're consistent.

It's just harder to trust anyone in this round because their aren't any truly vanilla roles.

Part of me wants to vote Otaku just to see what their role is but at the same time I don't really want to sheep.

(shrugs)

If it makes any of you feel better, I'm pumpkin. There. It's done.

I'd reveal just because you did to try and protect you, Dipper. Like if more people reveal, it's harder for Vampires/Wolf to choose. Though dwindling suspects is possibly more important.

I don't expect any counter claims against Dipper, I already trust him. But I do not trust Starlighter, Kimberlyn, or Luster until they've revealed. Since I'm inclined to believe one or more are Vampires, I want them to reveal first so they can't rely on lucking out any saying an AFK player's role, like Joan.

Also. Pumpkin is a very important role. Would be a shame and also suspicious if no one else revealed after this.

... unless Dipper is playing me somehow. *shrug* I'd take that chance. Just for you, Dipper.

Fine. I'm the Angel.

If Kim and Luster don't reveal, they better have some Hella good reasoning.

My reasoning is simple. Being forced to reveal MY role when Otaku is the one being most voted for seems counter-intuitive. And also highly suspicious? Also, take into account how I played last round as mafia.

I see what your plan was. Fair enough. But it's so terribly convoluted that I sincerely don't understand why you're quick to accuse eager lynchers of being evil. I'm not necessarily eager. Your reasoning is just skewed, in my opinion.

I don't plan on revealing at this time. Since the general consensus seems to be against everyone revealing (since there has yet to be more than two reveals), I don't see why I should be forced to reveal simply because I voted for Otaku.

I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.