Mafia Day Thread: Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST:

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive. Vampires may speak to each other at night.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Pumpkin - A town role who is prepared to kill those who conspire against the town. The Pumpkin is able to target a player to kill at night. If their killing attempt is unsuccessful, they may attempt to kill someone again on another night. If the pumpkin is successful in their killing attempt then they may not attempt to kill someone again. If the Pumpkin kills a member of the town they shall commit suicide on the following night.

I meant keeping me alive, actually.

Too big a risk. Off with his head! Well, MY head that is...

I mean, no one else is suspicious, right?

I also vote @An Otaku

There's literally no reason to act suspicious in this game if you're town. Plus, with no Jester role...I'm inclined to think Otaku is trying to play mind games.

If you're so keen on role revealing, why not do it yourself? Tell us why we shouldn't lynch you.

^^ What Kim said. There is no reason to act suspiciously, and if you aren't willing to explain yourself, I'm all in favour of VFR.

@Daz I vote @An Otaku

I vote @An Otaku because I legitimately can't think of a reason why they'd act so wild.

Also, is everyone still alive? I think we've heard from some of the cast but...
I also vote @An Otaku

There's literally no reason to act suspicious in this game if you're town. Plus, with no Jester role...I'm inclined to think Otaku is trying to play mind games.

If you're so keen on role revealing, why not do it yourself? Tell us why we shouldn't lynch you.
^^ What Kim said. There is no reason to act suspiciously, and if you aren't willing to explain yourself, I'm all in favour of VFR.

@Daz I vote @An Otaku
That's three votes against AnOtaku from:
Luster
Kimberlyn
Starlighter

Four more are needed to lynch AnOtaku.

♪♪ Spoopy, silly O-ta-ku
Seems suspect, y'see
You'll shake and shudder with concern
When you see this "weaboo" speak

We're sorry O-ta-ku
you're so misunderstood
You only want to joke online
But I don't think I should

Cause spoopy, silly O-ta-ku
Sounds so, so suspicious
But doesn't seem a Vampire
Whatevs, it's lynch or bust ♪♪

乁( • ω •乁) Booo~

why are you doing this to us

Reactions: Pf.D
♪♪ Spoopy, silly O-ta-ku
Seems suspect, y'see
You'll shake and shudder with concern
When you see this "weaboo" speak

We're sorry O-ta-ku
you're so misunderstood
You only want to joke online
But I don't think I should

Cause spoopy, silly O-ta-ku
Sounds so, so suspicious
But doesn't seem a Vampire
Whatevs, it's lynch or bust ♪♪

乁( • ω •乁) Booo~

Surprisingly enough, I dislike Halloween. Immensely.

Hm. Thinking I overplayed my hand with that musical number...

My "glorious plan" or, well. My thinking is that identifying Vampires, of which there's gotta be 3, is going to be a huge pain if not just incredibly unlikely with the whole spreading vampirism thing. Can't really cross reference too easily, maybe you can. I just don't see Town chances being good.

Getting off topic. So. Vampires win when everyone dies. Death tool? Lynching. So, I figured to offer up myself and see who... took the bait I guess. Vampires ought to love the idea of someone acting "suicidal" cause they don't have to do much explaining to cast a vote.

Dipper seemed to have an idea around this venue, sorta, if his earlier comment is any indication. So I trust him, but he could be turned the round after next so....

I'd say those who've voted for me stand a good chance of being Vampires but like I said. Overplayed myself with the song, so I wouldn't be surprised if normal Townies wanted to lynch me. But I will say. 3 Vampires, 1 Werewolf, 4 votes. Coincidence? Probably, maybe. I dunno.

Reactions: Dipper
Anyway. You guys can still lynch me if you want. Might as well if you're clueless for leads or don't trust me. I think my Town Role would be helpful but... the Lich can always revive me if they want.

But yeah. I'll do a role reveal as long as the people who first suggested it go first.

While this wild theory of yours does seem like it could be a legit townie play.... I am not entirely convinced that is the case. If you're a townie smart enough to play us into thinking that you're evil so that you can find out who really is evil, then by extension as an evil role you would be smart enough to come up with all this as an elaborate way to make us trust you.

While this wild theory of yours does seem like it could be a legit townie play.... I am not entirely convinced that is the case. If you're a townie smart enough to play us into thinking that you're evil so that you can find out who really is evil, then by extension as an evil role you would be smart enough to come up with all this as an elaborate way to make us trust you.

So basically you're saying I'm like really smart, right?
( * ^ w ^ )

Anyway. You could always role reveal. Then I could, and we could see who gets called out.

That's a rather convoluted strategy. I believe Otaku-- offer yourself for lynching and see who's the most eager. Unfortunately, that can be taken advantage of, turned on its head, and promptly turned against the town without much effort (high priority targets become visible). It's not a good strategy when you're looking for trust as an evil role.

LONG STORY SHORT: I think Otaku is genuine in trying to out evil roles.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
But yeah. I'll do a role reveal as long as the people who first suggested it go first.

This also makes me feel not too good about your townie-ness TBH. When you have the most votes, I doubt any bargaining room would be available to you.
You are three votes away from being lynched, so I'd be careful with that. After all. If you are townie, then claiming would allow townies to back off so that if, by chance, enough evils are not voting now, then easy pile-on. I mean, yes that would take more coordination than in a live game, but the concern is still there.

That's a rather convoluted strategy. I believe Otaku-- offer yourself for lynching and see who's the most eager. Unfortunately, that can be taken advantage of, turned on its head, and promptly turned against the town without much effort (high priority targets become visible). It's not a good strategy when you're looking for trust as an evil role.

LONG STORY SHORT: I think Otaku is genuine in trying to out evil roles.
Does anyone else feel this way?

Honestly, given how Vampires can't night kill and the Wolf strikes every other night, it's not so scary a proposition to role call. We have a role blocking Ghost, but they're Town I think.

So I don't think it's too much to ask for the person who suggested role calls initially to just do it first.

Honestly, given how Vampires can't night kill and the Wolf strikes every other night, it's not so scary a proposition to role call. We have a role blocking Ghost, but they're Town I think.

So I don't think it's too much to ask for the person who suggested role calls initially to just do it first.

Ghost is town, and I don't think it's wrong to ask whoever to do it first. But now, you've made a claim that you're valuable. You gotta back it up. If you were some super amazing role, then I would hope you would back down, but you haven't.

I don't think you're trustworthy at all. Something about you is reading off.

Hm. Thinking I overplayed my hand with that musical number...

My "glorious plan" or, well. My thinking is that identifying Vampires, of which there's gotta be 3, is going to be a huge pain if not just incredibly unlikely with the whole spreading vampirism thing. Can't really cross reference too easily, maybe you can. I just don't see Town chances being good.

Getting off topic. So. Vampires win when everyone dies. Death tool? Lynching. So, I figured to offer up myself and see who... took the bait I guess. Vampires ought to love the idea of someone acting "suicidal" cause they don't have to do much explaining to cast a vote.

Dipper seemed to have an idea around this venue, sorta, if his earlier comment is any indication. So I trust him, but he could be turned the round after next so....

I'd say those who've voted for me stand a good chance of being Vampires but like I said. Overplayed myself with the song, so I wouldn't be surprised if normal Townies wanted to lynch me. But I will say. 3 Vampires, 1 Werewolf, 4 votes. Coincidence? Probably, maybe. I dunno.
Oh, you mean like Trip did last round, when he made a quiz? Except Trip was mafia and it was a ruse to make him seem less suspicious, before he claimed to be the highly important doctor role, just like you claim to be an important town role? Excuse me for doubting you.

I dunnu, man, my sus-o-meter is hitting the ceiling with you, and my gut feeling says you and Luster are vamps together and you are trying to thin out your numbers before hitting the four vamps-cap.
Or, you are just a really jester-like werewolf, although I don't really get what you thought you would gain by drawing attention to yourself this early on in that case... my theory being that the werewolf is probably laying low this early on.

Anyway, I won't vote you, because I would be furious if it turned out I was playing into the vamp's hands all this time, and I think our no. 1 priority should be to root out the werewolf as early as possible.

Oh, you mean like Trip did last round, when he made a quiz? Except Trip was mafia and it was a ruse to make him seem less suspicious, before he claimed to be the highly important doctor role, just like you claim to be an important town role? Excuse me for doubting you.

I dunnu, man, my sus-o-meter is hitting the ceiling with you, and my gut feeling says you and Luster are vamps together and you are trying to thin out your numbers before hitting the four vamps-cap.
Or, you are just a really jester-like werewolf, although I don't really get what you thought you would gain by drawing attention to yourself this early on in that case... my theory being that the werewolf is probably laying low this early on.

Anyway, I won't vote you, because I would be furious if it turned out I was playing into the vamp's hands all this time, and I think our no. 1 priority should be to root out the werewolf as early as possible.
I don't see the Trip comparison myself. Plus he claimed the most important Town role like just before getting lynched. I'm only laying off my plan because I think it won't work anymore, well before I would get killed. This isn't some last ditch attempt to save my life. Just wanted to explain myself was all, since I was acting pretty silly.

But I disagree with you. Vampires should be our first priority.
Ghost is town, and I don't think it's wrong to ask whoever to do it first. But now, you've made a claim that you're valuable. You gotta back it up. If you were some super amazing role, then I would hope you would back down, but you haven't.

I don't think you're trustworthy at all. Something about you is reading off.
Actually I said my role might be helpful. Which.... pretty much most Town Roles fit. I also said feel free to Lynch me, see I'm innocent, then Lich-revive me if it's believed my role could in fact be helpful.

I mostly haven't backed down because I personally don't trust Starlighter. But even so, the idea still stands. If all of Town reveals, we might have a worthwhile chance of identifying the Vampires. Yeah, that's what Starlighter wants too, but my gut is reading off, too.

Tell you what, Otaku. I'll reveal first to get the ball rolling as long as you can convince me that you will reveal as well.

@Starlighter Provided there's no counter claims, I'll reveal my role.

Or I would, but I'm in a gambling mood. @Luster and @Kimberlyn next. Won't say Kiilgore because I trust their particular phrasing in voting me up. If this doesn't sound like a good deal, feel free to kill me. I won't mind. Well, I'll mind a little but.... reap what you sow, or whatever.

But yeah. These three reveal, I'll be fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.