Mafia 4.0: Day Thread #8

omg there was supposed to be an xD following rude

First of all, *rude*. Second, you should swap 1 and 3. Third, you're also claiming vanilla townie, friendo.

IDK, maybe I'm sort of like gumbo-you cook your roux and it smells terrible and suspicious, but in the end, the taste is nice and good.

You're far more suspicious than anyone else. :@

Really? Would you care to break down exactly why you feel I am the most suspicious person here? Unlike you, I've been actively trying to push the town forwards, and trying to ascertain who is town and who is mafia. You've hardly posted, which leads me back to this thought from Cat:
The mafia killed cloudy, who hasn't been very active in this thread. That tells me that the mafia currently like the way the town discussion is going. So I think we need to switch up our plan. Although I am not sure on the best way to do this, as we currently have no plan and any idea that I can think off is full of risks.
Why would you not get involved in the discussion? Presumably you liked the direction it was going in. And reacting so strongly to me doing the mafia equivalent of "I have a bad feeling about this" is actually making me even more suspicious of you.

I'm going to go back to your gumbo analogy: sure, maybe I smell kinda bad. But at the same time you can check out the flavour of my posts, my thoughts. You're big on smell, but so far I'm not really seeing any flavour.

As for putting myself at the top of my list: well obviously. Even though the chances are infinitesimally small, it is not impossible for there to be a situation where Cat is not actually the medium, and he lucked out because Silver was the medium and has been inactive. So while I'm 99.99% certain that Cat is the medium, the only person I know to be town 100% is me.

Right because as I mafia I totally banked on the idea that the medium, lookout and watcher were all dead or inactive.... And somehow it paid off... Lol, I am no-where near smart enough to pull something like that off.

Also on the RJS. My gut is pointing me towards town. I know that I had him pinned as executioner before, however if he was the executioner, he would have turned into the jester, and if he was the jester, it would be soooo to get himself lynched today. I can see multiple routes he could have taken and he hasn't taken any of them. So this means he is either mafia and town. And honestly, his actions as mafia don't make a lot of sense to me. Why would the mafia want to but heads with a nearly confirmed town player? That would basically be suicide for the mafia. So right now, my honest to goodness gut feeling is that RJS is a vanilla townie.

....please don't yell at me Elle....

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Elle Joyner
The voting phase has now begun. 6 votes are needed to lynch.

Everyone has until Friday, July 6, to submit their votes! If everyone submits their vote before then, we will begin the night phase early.

I'll open this round's voting with a vote for Lusterine. Their only defence was basically a non-argument and an attempt to fling the proverbial at RJ

I mean, Lusterine was suspect number 3 for me. After my exchange they are now suspect number 2. You're still number 1, and this little hop-in that contributes nothing new to the discussion while doing a good job of subtly painting you as town is only reinforcing my view on that.

Vote J

1 vote for Lusterine.
1 vote for J.

I mean, Lusterine was suspect number 3 for me. After my exchange they are now suspect number 2. You're still number 1, and this little hop-in that contributes nothing new to the discussion while doing a good job of subtly painting you as town is only reinforcing my view on that.

Vote J
Alright, that's understandable. I've honestly just been trying to make noise that either makes me look like a townie (paints a big ol' maf target on my back, though the maf seem like they haven't exactly been proactive in killing active townies. Still. it's worth it in case they change strats) or makes me look maf enough to get lynched. Seems like I haven't quite struck that balance here, so I'm going to reveal my role.

I'm the survivor. I haven't had a roleblock put on me yet and I've used none of my nights of protection so far (just saying this for absolute clarity).

I fully plan to side with the town unless the maf have a majority, and that they do not, so you're perfectly safe keeping me alive, and it's going to be much smarter to lynch someone else right now who might be a maf.

I just realised that Lusterine might actually just be a Jester. Thoughts?

Woops, miswrote that. I mean to say making little enough noise in that second sentence.

I've been here and present.

Really? Would you care to break down exactly why you feel I am the most suspicious person here? Unlike you, I've been actively trying to push the town forwards, and trying to ascertain who is town and who is mafia. You've hardly posted, which leads me back to this thought from Cat.

I've hardly posted? I figured out Elle was the mayor and understood why she wasn't trying to reveal so early. You pushed and prodded, despite the fact, she never gave out any indication that she wasn't town. Mayor is a hefty claim to elude to, it's not something that a random maf or neutral is going to actually going to claim. That'd be suicide.

What would you like me to say?

You're suspicious and have been dominating the conversation. Your quote from @Canadian Cat could equally apply to you. You like the way it is going, because you can lead the conversation. Somehow you managed to avoid being lynched, because we just thought Elle was being too hyperfocused.

I can vote for you. That'd be defensive and suspicious. I can point out how @Dipper and @Joan are acting what seems like atypical given their typical involvement/quality analysis. That'd be deflecting as well.

The only people I trust are @LuckycoolHawk9 , @Canadian Cat , and @The_J because their claims fit with the way they're behaving.

I don't think I'm acting any different from how I normally act, really. I can, however, tell you that RJS is safe and should not, under any circumstances, be lynched.

And here I thought the survivor was being quiet because they suspected a mafia victory... This is an interesting voting phase for sure...

The possibility of the Jester being with us is pretty likely. Imma gonna think things through, but because this is lynch or lose I am going to place a vote based entirely on my gut.

I vote to lynch Luster.

And here I thought the survivor was being quiet because they suspected a mafia victory... This is an interesting voting phase for sure...

The possibility of the Jester being with us is pretty likely. Imma gonna think things through, but because this is lynch or lose I am going to place a vote based entirely on my gut.

I vote to lynch Luster.
Yeah sorry about that man. Just been trying to avoif rustling both kinds of feathers, maf and town.

So my current theory is that the mafia is Luster, Crystal and Joan. Any thoughts on that?

I really don't understand why I'm suspicious?

I just don't. @CrystalTears knows how mafia works yet never says anything? That's not more suspicious? (sorry waifu)

Silence isn't a mark of a town. You wanna lynch someone, lynch Crystal. Crystal is too smart to play the "I don't know" card.

I vote @CrystalTears

@Joan you're also being accused (see above with @Canadian Cat )

Sorry guys, the past few days have been rough for me, especially yesterday, and it's going to continue to be rough. Activity is going to drop, further than it already has, and what's going on is going to affect the quality of my posts as well. I see that I'm being accused and all and this is horrible timing, but multiple people here know what's going on, including Kim, so I hope you believe me when I say that it's serious. You probably won't, since this is Mafia, but w/e. There are more important things.

That said, let me try to write something up, since I'm here.

We're definitely in LYLO with Silver gone. We know Silver was either detective or doctor, because our other town power roles are accounted for. This means one of our former vanilla townies is now detective or doc. @Dipper appears to be claiming detective? Leaving three vanilla town, or two with Kiilgore accounted for--claimed by Crystal, Lucky, RJS, Lusterine.

Two of them are lying. My personal inclinations are toward Luster and Crystal. Lucky seems to be acting same as he always does, and RJS, while aggressive, does seem town-oriented. Plus, we've got that snippet from Dipper, provided nobody counterclaims. That leaves Luster and Crystal--Crystal is very firmly avoiding discussion, and Luster's attack on RJ upon being accused was weak...almost too weak. Makes me think that J has a point when he says Luster could be jester. Therefore, my vote goes to Crystal for now, until further evidence appears.

@Canadian Cat mind explaining your accusation, please?

Vote @CrystalTears @Kimberlyn

First of all, I understand that life gets busy. If you say that you're lack of posts is due to real life being crazy then I totally believe you on that. However that does not stop mafia from being mafia.

You seem to have made the same caclutions I did. However you left yourself out of the end result. Do you really need an explination?

I've been here and present.

I've hardly posted? I figured out Elle was the mayor and understood why she wasn't trying to reveal so early. You pushed and prodded, despite the fact, she never gave out any indication that she wasn't town. Mayor is a hefty claim to elude to, it's not something that a random maf or neutral is going to actually going to claim. That'd be suicide.

What would you like me to say?

You're suspicious and have been dominating the conversation. Your quote from @Canadian Cat could equally apply to you. You like the way it is going, because you can lead the conversation. Somehow you managed to avoid being lynched, because we just thought Elle was being too hyperfocused.

I can vote for you. That'd be defensive and suspicious. I can point out how @Dipper and @Joan are acting what seems like atypical given their typical involvement/quality analysis. That'd be deflecting as well.

The only people I trust are @LuckycoolHawk9 , @Canadian Cat , and @The_J because their claims fit with the way they're behaving.

I wouldn't say I have dominated the conversation. Out of the things I have tried to push through, how many have worked out? I got Elle to reveal fully. And I stand by doing that, because letting it slide and just assuming Elle was town was a bad idea. I was fairly neutral on her until she started suggesting people reveal their roles and then held back hers. Her words and actions didn't seem to match, and so I looked into that in more detail.

And it's interesting how you go to great lengths to say you aren't deflecting...while busily mentioning all the people you aren't deflecting suspicion onto and while telling us all the reasons you could use to deflect suspicion if you were deflecting suspicion. Saying "That would be deflecting." doesn't mean that you aren't currently deflecting.

You want to convince me not to lynch you? Explain to me how your actions are those of a town player. I'll be waiting.

Until then, I switch my vote to Lusterine.