Mafia 4.0: Day Thread #8

I missed a lot, didn't I? I still don't have any suspicions, to be honest. So I'll abstain until/if someone gives me a good reason.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter.

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Cat
I PUT MY TRUST IN YOU!

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Cat
The night phase has begun. Please do not post in this thread until the next day phase.

I'll give our night action folks until June 10th to tell me what's up. 8D

Reactions: noodle
Hey folks, just heard from Kim--she's super busy until Saturday, so she'll resolve everything then. Hang tight!

*rises from the dead* Sorry for the absence, everyone! This last week was super busy, and I had basically no time to even check notifications. D:

@Joan
@Dipper
@RJS
@LuckycoolHawk9
@The_J
@Lusterine
@CrystalTears
@Cabob7
@Starlighter
@Canadian Cat

The town awakens to yet another tragic morning, as they discover that dear old Dipper has also fallen at the hands of the ruthless mafia! Supposedly, he died choking on bubblegum...poisoned bubblegum, that is! Tsk tsk, who comes up with these kinds of deaths?

The day phase has now begun! The members of the town will have until Thursday, July 19, to discuss who they think is guilty for all these deaths. On Friday, July 20, they must begin the vote to lynch, or they may all face the same terrible fate...*dramatic music*

So, was anyone roleblocked last night?

We are currently down to nine players, so let's go through the odds as of right now. Right now, all of the mafia is alive, all three of them.

So, that leaves six left non-mafia. Of those six, two are neutral who can swing either way. That leaves four townies to vote and five (or six?) votes needed to lynch, so we are going to hope the neutrals like us. I feel like we should do a rolecall again.

As a reminder, the current rolecall has four normal townies claimed ( and two roles left), the survivor ( if I recall correctly) and a few undisclosed.

Also, important information to remember, Dipper's detective read CANNOT detect godfather as they are read as innocent so it is entirely possible that @RJS is godfather and killed Dipper to look less suspicious. But otherwise, I got nothing.

My gut still doesn't trust @RJS, but otherwise I got nothing else to contribute as a normal townie

Well this puts me in an awkard spot because I can't talk about what RJS has said in the death chat.

Note for next game: If we continue with this rule, could we tell the mediam the write down information they want to use from the death chat during the night, and then boot them from the chat during the day phase, before the new dead member enters the chat.

So.... uuuh.... I think it safe to assume that Dipper was town or neutral alined. Keeping in mind they could not be the exectutioner/jester as they are immune to night kills. So I am very much inclined to trust dead Dipper with what they said yesterday, while they were alive and not dead because I can't taco-bout that. I really think that we were on the right track and I really thing we should lynch either Luster or Joan.

Also I thought if we didn't lynch we would lose? What happened?

Lynch or Lose mood means we currently have more mafia and neutrals then town. At this point, we have four/five normal townies who want town to win, three mafia who want their faction to win and two/one self-interested members. We either have an executioner who wants the town dead or a jester who wants to die. Similarly, if our survivor is alive, they are more interested in living then helping town. The goal of survivor is to survive. Nothing more and nothing less. I imagine by the ominous music playing, today is one of the final three days to win. If we kill a town or neutral, we have even less time

If we kill a townie, then it lets the mafia have two free kills and leaves two/three townies. If we mislynch or the mafia gangpile on a known townie the next day, the game is over.

If we kill a neutral, we lost three/two members depending on the neutral killed. If we kill the jester and they kill a townie, then the mafia strikes, our numbers will be down to 3 mafia, two/three town and one neutral. With the game tie, the whole game would hinge on who the survivor sides with. If we kill the survivor, the whole game hinges on the jester siding with us.

One wrong play and we lose.

To win, our track record has to be flawless and the neutrals have to side with us each time. Example, we kill mafia 1 tonight, one townie dies. We have 2/3 townies left after the mafia kill. We get neutral to side and get mafia 2. After the mafia kill, we have 1/2 townies left after the mafia kill and 1 mafia.

Let me break down the current line-up.

Today: Mafia hung and members who will make it to tomorrow ( 3/4 townies, 1/2 neutral, 2 mafia)

Tomorrow: Mafia hung, members who make it to the next day ( 2/3 townies, 1/2 neutral, 1 mafia)

Final day: Mafia hung, game won ( stats for final line 1/2 townies and 1/2 neutral, 0 mafia, votes that would be need to win would be three as four players would be alive)

Now, if we screw up anyone along the way, we are screwed. We HAVE to vote today if we want to have a chance of winning and we have to hope the neutrals are on our side.)

I was roleblocked. I suppose if I've been roleblocked this many times in a row I might as well come forward after my earlier claims, and officially say it, I'm doctor. It's currently four in the morning for me so I'm to lazy to make a log of what all I've done but for the most part it's been bad guesses or getting roleblocked into the floor.

Lynch or Lose mood means we currently have more mafia and neutrals then town. At this point, we have four/five normal townies who want town to win, three mafia who want their faction to win and two/one self-interested members. We either have an executioner who wants the town dead or a jester who wants to die. Similarly, if our survivor is alive, they are more interested in living then helping town. The goal of survivor is to survive. Nothing more and nothing less. I imagine by the ominous music playing, today is one of the final three days to win. If we kill a town or neutral, we have even less time

If we kill a townie, then it lets the mafia have two free kills and leaves two/three townies. If we mislynch or the mafia gangpile on a known townie the next day, the game is over.

If we kill a neutral, we lost three/two members depending on the neutral killed. If we kill the jester and they kill a townie, then the mafia strikes, our numbers will be down to 3 mafia, two/three town and one neutral. With the game tie, the whole game would hinge on who the survivor sides with. If we kill the survivor, the whole game hinges on the jester siding with us.

One wrong play and we lose.

To win, our track record has to be flawless and the neutrals have to side with us each time. Example, we kill mafia 1 tonight, one townie dies. We have 2/3 townies left after the mafia kill. We get neutral to side and get mafia 2. After the mafia kill, we have 1/2 townies left after the mafia kill and 1 mafia.

Let me break down the current line-up.

Today: Mafia hung and members who will make it to tomorrow ( 3/4 townies, 1/2 neutral, 2 mafia)

Tomorrow: Mafia hung, members who make it to the next day ( 2/3 townies, 1/2 neutral, 1 mafia)

Final day: Mafia hung, game won ( stats for final line 1/2 townies and 1/2 neutral, 0 mafia, votes that would be need to win would be three as four players would be alive)

Now, if we screw up anyone along the way, we are screwed. We HAVE to vote today if we want to have a chance of winning and we have to hope the neutrals are on our side.)
I mean, it's all well and good saying that, but we had a slightly stronger hand yesterday where we didn't necessarily have to rely on the neutrals - and then you and J pulled out of that vote. We had six votes on Lusterine and then two people backed off. I accept the caution over someone maybe being a jester, but let's consider the mathematics of that situation.

If Lusterine is genuinely the jester and neither you or J are mafia, then there was a chance that lynching the jester would kill a mafia as well as a town. We would have been gambling on the neutral helping the town. Which is exactly the situation we find ourselves in today. What's changed?

Lusterine is still alive. I'm not gonna lie, I find it highly suspicious that in the middle of an important vote two people withdraw their votes in order to save a third person. We know that there are two people claiming vanilla town who are not actually town. Lusterine and Lucky both claimed Vanilla Town.

J has an uncontested survivor claim right? Is it that unlikely that he false claimed and that the real survivor has no motive to publically announce themselves because to do so could get them killed - especially if they already used up their vests?

It's annoying me because it fits and yet it doesn't. Lusterine being mafia is something I am very comfortable with, but for both Lucky and J I'm having to overturn the reads I had on them. But it all just seems too convenient.

I dunno if this is sudden paranoid craziness kicking in - maybe I've missed something - or if the mafia just slipped up and overplayed their hand. I really need to hear other people's input on this.

Do you remember how quickly Joan and Luster both jumped on voting Crystal immediately after I posted my mafia theory? I have been considering, and this is not based on any hard evidence just my brain again, that I made a miss-step in that theory and that Crystal was in fact not the third mafia. If this is true the most logical person, to me anyway, to be the third mafia would be Star. Meaning the role of the Executioner/Jester would be up in the air.

Lucky, are you the executioner and is your target RJS?

As a general reminder, I'm a normal townie who is going to break down the roles claims again.

Survivor: @The_J
Medium: @Canadian Cat
Doctor: @Cabob7
Mafia: ????,?????, ?????? ( Reminder, even if it was jokingly, @The_J claimed mafia)
Executioner/ Jester: ( Unclaimed, can be Luster or the J or anyone who has claimed normal townie)
Townie claims/ otherwise unclaimed: Luckycoolhawk9 ( Me), @Joan @Starlighter, @RJS, @Lusterine, @CrystalTears

Now let's break down those remaining in terms of suspicions in game actions.

Joan: Can't remember much honestly, but I know a lot of people are suspicious of her. Detective may have found them as guilty
RJS: Had the mayor fully out themselves, has argued against roleclaim numerous times, detective died the night after they claimed they were innocent.
Starlighter: Little to no contribution, suspicious, but could just be very quiet townie/ jester.
Lusterine: Mentioned mafia chat reading in a context that could be taken as part of them.

Now as a reminder, we only have two townies role left, so of these five, two are telling the truth and four are lying. I do agree with Cat that CrystalTears may not be last mafia, but I like to raise a second theory.

Either Joan/ Lusterine is the executioner and CrystalTears is their target. That would leave myself, RJS, Joan, Starlighter and Lusterine as possible mafia. Now, J made a great point yesterday. If Lusterine was mafia, why wouldn't they have defended themselves? It doesn't make sense, so I am going with them as the executioner (possible jester) and if CrystalTears is not Mafia, I personally think our mafia might be Joan, RJS and Starlighter.

Each and every time someone accuses him, he deflects the accusation.

Do you remember how quickly Joan and Luster both jumped on voting Crystal immediately after I posted my mafia theory?

I voted Crystal, because @CrystalTears has done nothing. This'd be copacetic if they'd claim survivor, but like- no. No effort to move anything forward.

When I was a survivor or town aligned, I behaved just have I had now. Trying to be active in conversation. Engaged. That's why I went after Crystal. Hell, I think @Joan is suspicious, but Joan has also mentioned being insanely busy and resurfaces to be on top of thing.

Lucky, RJS was declared innocent by a daed town alined person. You are glossing over this. Why?

Lucky, RJS was declared innocent by a daed town alined person. You are glossing over this. Why?

Because the detective CAN read the Godfather as innocent. I'm not glossing over this. I am pointing out that he may not be 100% innocent.

As a general reminder, I'm a normal townie who is going to break down the roles claims again.

Survivor: @The_J
Medium: @Canadian Cat
Doctor: @Cabob7
Mafia: ????,?????, ?????? ( Reminder, even if it was jokingly, @The_J claimed mafia)
Executioner/ Jester: ( Unclaimed, can be Luster or the J or anyone who has claimed normal townie)
Townie claims/ otherwise unclaimed: Luckycoolhawk9 ( Me), @Joan @Starlighter, @RJS, @Lusterine, @CrystalTears

Now let's break down those remaining in terms of suspicions in game actions.

Joan: Can't remember much honestly, but I know a lot of people are suspicious of her. Detective may have found them as guilty
RJS: Had the mayor fully out themselves, has argued against roleclaim numerous times, detective died the night after they claimed they were innocent.
Starlighter: Little to no contribution, suspicious, but could just be very quiet townie/ jester.
Lusterine: Mentioned mafia chat reading in a context that could be taken as part of them.

Now as a reminder, we only have two townies role left, so of these five, two are telling the truth and four are lying. I do agree with Cat that CrystalTears may not be last mafia, but I like to raise a second theory.

Either Joan/ Lusterine is the executioner and CrystalTears is their target. That would leave myself, RJS, Joan, Starlighter and Lusterine as possible mafia. Now, J made a great point yesterday. If Lusterine was mafia, why wouldn't they have defended themselves? It doesn't make sense, so I am going with them as the executioner (possible jester) and if CrystalTears is not Mafia, I personally think our mafia might be Joan, RJS and Starlighter.

Each and every time someone accuses him, he deflects the accusation.

I don't quite understand how I'm deflecting. I've explained why I did what I did. Lusterine was the one who was deflecting - rather than try to explain their actions they tried to bounce that accusation straight onto somebody else. But apparently you weren't too concerned about deflection when he did it, since you decided to spare him from the lynch.

I am well aware that I haven't done a lot xD But as a friendly reminder, I'm also new to this xD

Dipper is dead, and it is safe to assume he is town-aligned.

I agree that so far the suspicious people are Joan and Lusterine, a bit more skeptical if RJ is ACTUALLY bad or not, but I'll just be a tiny bit suspicious, just a tiny bit because of Lucky saying the Detective won't detect the Godfather as evil, and RJ did make the mayor reveal themselves :X