Mafia 4.0: Day Thread #8

First of all, I understand that life gets busy. If you say that you're lack of posts is due to real life being crazy then I totally believe you on that. However that does not stop mafia from being mafia.

You seem to have made the same caclutions I did. However you left yourself out of the end result. Do you really need an explination?
I wouldn't just call it being busy--I have some very serious stuff going on right now, stuff that takes much higher priority than any game. The only reason I have energy to reply right now is that it is calmer right now, but it will likely not be in days to come.

Yes, I would like an explanation as to why I am being accused. Why wouldn't I? And I'm unsure what you mean by leaving myself out of the end result. I'm focusing on what seems like the most obvious choice for mafia, which is who is likely lying about being town, because we need to vote, and we need to reach a decision, because we are in lylo.

Look I have been through my fair share of real life crud. Real life comes before games. Always. I get it. There is nothing more that needs to be said here.

But very well, let me break down my current theory. Please, poke holes in it. (And I mean that honestly, if you see holes PLEASE poke them ). Also sorry for being a little cryptic about that earlier. Just trying to read you a little better.

So imma gonna start this theory by talking about Star. You see, I had actually orginaly pegged Star as being the second unclaimed powerrole, next to Cabob. You see Star did not claim townie with the rest of the peeps who claimed townie so that tells me the odds of Star being a townie were very low. However when Silver disapeared I knew that Star could not be the power role, and can't be the power role because that role was given to another towny. And with the uncontested roleclaim that means Star is most likely a nuetral.

Now this brings me to J. He currently has the uncontested claim as the survivor, meaning star is most likely the exectutioner. This was actually the biggest reason why I know longer thought RJS was the executioner. So there you have it. Star and J are most likely neutrals.

At first I thought that Lucky was actually the new power role, seeing that no one else had claimed it. It seemed like one of the little games he would play, if you think back to how he tried to use the vanilla townie flavour text. A gambit like that seemed right up his alley. Part of the reason why I didn't want to go post this theory in its entirety right away was because I didn't want to ruin his little game.

However this brings me to Dipper. Dipper currently has the closest thing we have to a detective claim. Saying that RJS should not be lynched. Unless anyone else claims detective, this is the most valid thing we have. So there we have it. RJS and DIpper are our last two town alined roles.

So who does that leave? Joan, Crystal, and Luster.

Also, yes, I do have another chart for this. I used red instead of black because very little of this is confirmed. Its just the best my brain can handle.

0G8U7fz.png

2 votes for Lusterine.
2 votes for CrystalTears.

I believe J, RJS and Myself are currently voting luster. Unless I missed something.

I'll add my vote Luster. Some heavy stuff going on at home but I understand we need votes now. If you need me to do anything yell at me and I'll see it soon ish.

:( like I just don't even get it

Yeah I'm really starting to think Luster is Jester. Are they normally this bad at defence?

Look I have been through my fair share of real life crud. Real life comes before games. Always. I get it. There is nothing more that needs to be said here.

But very well, let me break down my current theory. Please, poke holes in it. (And I mean that honestly, if you see holes PLEASE poke them ). Also sorry for being a little cryptic about that earlier. Just trying to read you a little better.

So imma gonna start this theory by talking about Star. You see, I had actually orginaly pegged Star as being the second unclaimed powerrole, next to Cabob. You see Star did not claim townie with the rest of the peeps who claimed townie so that tells me the odds of Star being a townie were very low. However when Silver disapeared I knew that Star could not be the power role, and can't be the power role because that role was given to another towny. And with the uncontested roleclaim that means Star is most likely a nuetral.

Now this brings me to J. He currently has the uncontested claim as the survivor, meaning star is most likely the exectutioner. This was actually the biggest reason why I know longer thought RJS was the executioner. So there you have it. Star and J are most likely neutrals.

At first I thought that Lucky was actually the new power role, seeing that no one else had claimed it. It seemed like one of the little games he would play, if you think back to how he tried to use the vanilla townie flavour text. A gambit like that seemed right up his alley. Part of the reason why I didn't want to go post this theory in its entirety right away was because I didn't want to ruin his little game.

However this brings me to Dipper. Dipper currently has the closest thing we have to a detective claim. Saying that RJS should not be lynched. Unless anyone else claims detective, this is the most valid thing we have. So there we have it. RJS and DIpper are our last two town alined roles.

Also, yes, I do have another chart for this. I used red instead of black because very little of this is confirmed. Its just the best my brain can handle.

0G8U7fz.png
Having just read through this - is there any reason you assume Star is neutral and not mafia?

4 votes for Lusterine.
2 votes for CrystalTears.

Thanks for the correction, Canadian Cat! :D

Oh wow, I decide to not check and here I am gaining votes xD

2. The mafia kills afaict haven't shown much strategy. Most of the kills seemed to be at random, and the only one that seemed to be targeted was the one on Elle. I know I mentioned players who weren't massively involved as a suspicion earlier, but that could also indicate less experienced players. Gonna tentatively stare at Crystal on this one. Something about his tone seems to be really trying to avoid getting embroiled in discussion, which makes me nervous.

I say this is pretty fair assessment xD I am definitely a newbie, and that would give some explanation as to why the mafia killings feel random (I can't say they are, because, again, I'm new xD). However! The biggest reason I haven't participated in the discussions is mainly that I have a hard time catching up on what's going on, as this is my first game xD It's all fair to point the finger at me though, and I don't have any actual proof to say I'm a normal townie, but I am xD

I just don't. @CrystalTears knows how mafia works yet never says anything? That's not more suspicious? (sorry waifu)

Silence isn't a mark of a town. You wanna lynch someone, lynch Crystal. Crystal is too smart to play the "I don't know" card

I mean, thank you? xD I'm not as smart as you think though, especially if that's the impression I give off xD

Summary:

I still stand by my claim of being a normal townie (thank God) because I feel like a role with nighttime activity would have been hard for me as a newbie xD

I'm not saying the two votes for me are not valid, I have, indeed, not talked a lot in the discussion and I will try my best to participate in the future if that makes people feel safer about me!

At the moment, I suspect Lusterine the most? Just from reading through everything in an attempt to catch up, it DOES seem as if they are trying to shift the attention away from themselves and onto someone else.

Going out from the thought that Dipper's claim was a detective (though not confirmed) then I'm feeling pretty safe for RJ!

So as of right now; My vote will go to @Lusterine!

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Lusterine
I don't want to die- I don't want to die. Don't kill me if I'm wrong and you are jester. Votelynch @Lusterine

So I believe that is six votes....

...May God Save the Queen....

Also I don't think Star is mafia because of the uncontested roleblock day 1. I mean it could have been a ploy but right now I'll work with what information we got.

0G8U7fz.png

You're assuming, both, that Cabob's claim is genuine, even though he has said nothing beyond "I have a town aligned role", and that Star is a neutral rather than mafia. Both shaky assumptions, and ones that I think warrant further scrutiny and investigation. However, I know for a fact Star is hella busy, and Cabob has just told us that he's got some shit going on as well, so we don't really have any way to confirm it beyond detective.

Yeah I'm really starting to think Luster is Jester. Are they normally this bad at defence?

Not usually, no. They're not great at it, but they're not this bad at it either. They may potentially be a mafia trying to make us think they're jester?

So I believe that is six votes....

...May God Save the Queen....

Also I don't think Star is mafia because of the uncontested roleblock day 1. I mean it could have been a ploy but right now I'll work with what information we got.

Okay, that's a half-reasonable assumption, though come to think of it...Day one might be a pretty decent time for a fake roleblock. You don't have anybody solid to roleblock yet, and there are no solid suspicions or eyes on you yet. Though, I suppose lookout and tracker can confirm you weren't visited, potentially, but if they see you visit somebody and you're the only one, you're pretty much confirmed anyway...I may be overthinking this, as well. In any case, you're right about the six votes, and I'm still unsure whether Luster is jester or mafia, so I'll stay where I am.

I know im not dealing with perfect information. However its the best I got. Unless someone comes up with a better stragity, then its what I am going to stick with.

I just hope @Dipper and @RJS aren't playing us for fools and are actually mafia.

That has crossed my mind. But I just don't think Star could be the power role like we assumed earlier.

I know im not dealing with perfect information. However its the best I got. Unless someone comes up with a better stragity, then its what I am going to stick with.
That's fair enough.

@The_J I can sit here until I'm blue in the face and say I'm not mafia. I offered a viable alternative- @CrystalTears

I mentioned how I've been here and present, I was in favor of a rolecall, and did claim (granted it was vanilla townie) a role. I was in support of not making our Mayor revealing themselves (which was obvious, and assuming @Canadian Cat 's claim of Medium is true, we'd have dead screaming and know soon) as a favor of keeping them for Lylo moments like this.

I wasn't hiding or anything. I asked around and tried to get conversations about roleclaiming early in the game, but was also cautious. If I was mafia- don't you think I'd push more for roles? Like @Dipper, Silver, and @Starlighter (?) didn't claim or were vague about suspicions.

I would want to know. If our detective was still alive and I was mafia, I'd push for more information. You don't let information sit. And if someone has suspicions- you figure out who, because if it's you, you need to start deflecting. If it's not you, you need to push town towards that direction.

Literally the only difference between me and any other person claiming townie is that I'm slightly more present.

I'm gonna go ahead and abstain @Kimberlyn just in case I'm right about the possibility of Luster being Jester. Their defence has been just suspiciously poor. You guys don't need my vote to get them lynched anyway, so the only difference this makes is saving my skin if they actually are a Jester.

I am also switching to abstaining.