Mafia 4.0: Day Thread #8

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
....abstain. Why phone? Why???

With your mayor vote counting, as long as you live we have a little extra time. Not much but a little.

Lol Cabob!!! You gonna get me killed!

That is true to be fair and I don't intentionally plan on using them.
What? You just did, to argue against RJS.

Remember how early on he accused Lucky as being the exectutioner? Do you guys think that could have been attempting to cover his tracks?
IIRC that was more of a "you being an executioner seems possible" than a "you are the executioner", in response to potentially executioner-y actions.

• Useful
Reactions: Canadian Cat
Oh, and I abstain tonight. I'm not seeing enough actual evidence against RJS, he just seems like he was being healthily suspicious.

Seriously... Has anyone done the math?? I legitimately can't understand it cause I'm mathilliterate... Do we HAVE the numbers to abstain. Not counting my three, since I'm probably a goner.

Okay, so we have 15 votes right now and 7 needed to pass go and lynch. Of those 15, six won't side with town when the chips are down. ( I'm assuming worst case, here.)

So, that is nine votes this round and six next round if Elle dies. We got 11 people, after a death and will need six to lynch. Of those eleven- five would be in favor of the mafia(including Exe) , five will be town and one is swing. If we don't lynch today a mafia, we will be hinging on the survivor if they are alive. However, if the survivor is dead, then our numbers will be six-five, so we can not lynch today, but if Elle dies, we have to LYNCH tomorrow.

But if we mislynch a townie, then we are fucked since it will it bringing us down to four town, six ( as the survivor will have more of a reason if the exe wants town dead). So, whoever we lynch, we have to be almost positive they are mafia.

So, on that realization, I'm changing to abstaining.

-_- I really don't feel comfortable with this... At all. I'm so concerned we're expecting too much information to come for us to decide to move, when we have gotten very little info thus far to begin with, and we might start bleeding townies if we don't start making decisions.

But if everyone is going in that direction I guess that's how it's gonna roll. I'm a little ticked off that I'm probably gonna die for nothing. Wish I hadn't rolecalled at this point...

I would like to ask @RJS to defend themselves. They've been awfully quiet.

I would like to ask @RJS to defend themselves. They've been awfully quiet.
I mean, slightly different time zones mean I slept through most of the first day's voting, but sure. I mean, at this point there's only Elle's votes on me, but I know Lucky also voted against me initially so I'll address his point as well.

I can kind of see where Elle is coming from, since she knew she was genuinely town the whole time, but step back and look on her actions as someone who hasn't default-assumed her to be town. She says we should rolecall, then comes out with a very vague statement that could imply a number of roles without actually committing to any of them, then starts to accuse me of being a mafia for saying that realistically she's offered no proof of her role.

From her perspective, knowing she was town, then her response to me is probably pretty understandable. But until she out and claimed the role, those actions could also very easily be attributed to a mafia hoping to avoid getting counter role-claimed. That was the reason I pushed hard, to try and work out which one of those options Elle was. As it turns out, she was genuinely town. Good outcome. Yay! I didn't want to risk not pushing if she was actually a mafia member.

As for Lucky's point that I was attacking the mayor - no, I wasn't. I was attacking someone being intentionally vague about their role, for what could be several reasons, and they turned out to be the mayor. To say I attacked the mayor is to assume I knew what Elle's role was before she said it - and if I did then why would I attack her? As a townie, it'd be stupid. As a mafia, she could just reveal and make me look suspicious. Even if I was the executioner, if I knew she was the mayor there'd be no point trying to get her lynched. So realistically, I stood to gain nothing from attacking someone who I knew was mayor, leaving only one possible outcome - I didn't know she was the mayor.

Now Elle said this of me:
Sorry. I don't buy anything RJ is saying... Probably just a side effect of being accused but I just feel like he's got a convenient answer for everything yet it all seems furtive... Ways to point the finger away from himself without actually giving us a reason to trust him.

My suspicion stands.
I accept that from her perspective I probably look shady, but maybe...just maybe...the reason I have a convenient answer for everything is because I'm being honest? I'm acting in a way that (to me, at least) seems to be a rational way to play the vanilla town role. Not sure how I seem furtive...maybe it's because it's unusual for people on this site to press as hard as I did?

And of course I'm going to point the finger away from me. It's irresponsible as a townie to go "Oh, yeah, lynch me." As for reasons to trust me - I don't have a power role, so all I can do is hope that my pushing either uncovers a maf/neutral or that an investigative role checks me out.

Meanwhile, coming back to the point of people not revealing their role, there's still several people who haven't. Joan, J, Cabob, Silver and Starlighter have not yet claimed, so while I'm going to abstain for now to give them a bit of a chance, I may yet switch a vote onto one of them before the voting phase ends.

How do you people talk this much in one day...was at a sleepover and am too tired to process everything just now, so I'll hop on the abstention train for now and try to read through everything once I've slept more than 3 hours.

I'll abstain! ^^

-_- when I die... I want you all to know I'm furious that my role was utterly wasted XD

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
-_- when I die... I want you all to know I'm furious that my role was utterly wasted XD
Nooooo! XD

It's just, I do agree that I feel suspicious towards RJ, BUT I'm not suspicious enough to want to lynch him? xD

XD It's fine. I just hope we have enough suspicion to eventually lynch someone. Or we will lose. Can't wait for the mafia to admit they're mafia, after all.

Lucky we at least have a living detective, I suppose.

Avenge me, kids ;_;

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: CrystalTears
Don't we have a doctor? Can't they heal you? :O <3

It would -probably- be more beneficial to protect our Medium at this point, I would think? Since they can accumulate information where as I just get more votes? I'm not sure.

Let's not talk to much about the Doctor's plan. I don't want the mafia to go "Well if the Doctor is healing this person, then we should target this other person". I say we let the Doctor use their best judgement and hope everything goes smoothly.

XD That's basically what I was trying to say, at any rate.

Reactions: Canadian Cat
The day phase has ended. Please do not post here until the next day phase.

The night phase will last until I have received everyone's night action or through Thursday, June 28. Whichever comes first.

Reactions: Starlighter