Look-Alike (~Nora.Inu~ & SleepyDreamer)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Riki let out a shaky sigh. He dropped the picture on the couch.
"Right. So, how many times have I been compared to him? And fifteen years? Fifteen goddamn years, Daniel. You expect me to believe that you suddenly fell for me?" he asked, hurt and anger lacing his voice.
"I'm leaving. Sorry, but I... I really need to think," he said, walking out the door quickly.

Dan winced as the door slammed shut. The picture didn't stay on the couch but slid off and shattered on the ground. Dan closed his eyes and then knelt and picked up the picture. He winced on as the glass cut his fingers. He stared as the blood welled up and then began to fall on the ground and picture. Wincing, he stood up and left the picture where it was to go wash his fingers. As he looked at the wound he realized that it would be very hard to participate in the concert that evening that he had invited Riki to. But he couldn't cancel this soon to it. Determined to work on it, he closed his eyes and left the loft.

He didn't go and look for Riki. If he had found out something like that he wouldn't have wanted to talk with the other either. With that in mind he went straight to the music hall. He didn't expect Riki to show up and so he didn't bring attention to his wounded hand.

It was during the middle of the performance that people found out. As he rose to do his solo part with the violin. He rose and began to play but it wasn't as lively as it had been since he met Riki. It was slow, melancholic , sad. He didn't even look out over the hall to see if Riki had shown up. As he played blood started to drip slowly down his arm, which was hidden for the most part by the dark clothes that Dan had changed into.

As Riki went home, all he could think of were negative thoughts. He felt hot tears going down his face and quickly dried them. Once he was finally home and inside he let the tears fall, going to his knees.

After his part in the play, he left before anyone could ask him why he'd played wounded. He walked through the streets until he finally made it to Riki's home. He hadn't really been aiming to get there. He'd been just walking and thinking. Knocking on the door woke Daniel from his zone.

"Riki?" He called, feeling rather pathetic. Here he was hoping he'd listen--to what his more cynical side asked. "Riki please, I need to talk to you about this. I should have told you, I'm sorry. Please, let me in. Let us talk about this."

Riki was jolted out of his comatose state but the sudden knock. He lifted himself off the couch, rubbing his beat red eyes. He quickly splashed some water from his water glass on his face, drying it with his shirt. Walking to the door, he listened to Daniel. He contemplated opening it, and the angel on his shoulder won out this time. He unlocked it and opened the door enough to let Daniel in.

Daniel walked in silently, looking at the floor. He hid his wounded hand in his pants pocket, and just looked at the ground for a food moment, standing awkwardly there in the entrance hall. He wouldn't go in any further. He didn't want to get lost if Riki started yelling. He'd been over to Riki's house a few times since they had started dating. He ran a shaking hand through his hair and took a shaky breath, determined not to cry or seek sympathy in that way.

"Riki," he started but stopped wondering just what he was going to say. Was there anything he could say? "It, was never like that. Sure, that first day I was pretty shocked to seeing you. I though that maybe Gary had been given a second chance and no one had bothered to tell me. But then the way you acted at the concert that night, and the fact you didn't just laugh at me when I ran into my room scared crapless and so many other things made me realize that you weren't Gary--and for that I was really happy. Happier than if you had been Gary's twin. Yeah, fifteen years was a long time. And I should have told you. But in the last few weeks I've been accepted more than in all those fifteen years. I stopped comparing you to Gary after that amazing first night."

Daniel stopped and bit his lower lip to keep from rambling on. "I just-I just wanted you to know that I guess. Whatever you decide though, I can't change, no matter how much I'd like to. It's your choice really."

Riki listened to what Daniel had to say. He rubbed his eyes, not wanting to cry in front of the man.
"Why didn't you tell me?"

Daniel slowly looked up at the man before him. "I didn't want to ruin what was between us. Would you have come back to see me after that night if I'd told you? Would you have returned if I'd told you before? I didn't think that you would have. I was afraid that you wouldn't," he admitted before sighing softly, leaning back against the wall as a wave of dizziness hit him. He clenched his bandaged hand tightly in his pocket out of sight of the other man. He would stay conscious long enough to return to his own loft. He had to. He would not pull the sympathetic card. He didn't want a false relationship. "Riki, just tell me, please. Can we at least try again? If not I'll understand. I'd love it if we could, but..."

Riki sighed.
"I would've rather you told me then have found out the way I did..." Riki said, thinking about Daniel's question. He wanted to, but he didn't want to feel like he was being used.
"Alright... I do, but only if you swear to never think of him when your with me," he said, looking Daniel in the eyes.

Daniel looked up at the younger man and reached out, hesitantly touching his cheek, a look of hope on his face, "Think of whom?" he asked, meeting his eyes with bordering happiness. "And I really had no idea that Adelia would pull a stunt like that. Had I, I would have warned you, told you. You are right, I was a horrible person for," he closed his eyes for a moment and pushed back the feeling of being light headed that tried to push at him and distract him, "for keeping the knowledge from you."

Riki put his hand over Daneils, turning his head to kiss the mans palm sweetly. He wrinkled his eyes brows slightly, looking bacj at Daniel.
"Do you smell blood?"

Daniel smiled weakly and shrugged, "It's probably just the cut I got when picking up some glass at the music hall during the performance. Someone didn't like my playing and threw a bottle of whiskey or some other kind of alcohol onto the stage. I was picking it up and it, um, nicked me. Got any handy-dandy bandages?" he asked, keeping his wounded hand in his pocket until he was forced to show Riki. There was no reason to show him such a bad wound unless it was absolutely necessary.

Riki nodded, leading Daniel to the bathroom. He easily lifted the slightly smaller man onto the counter. reaching into the cabinet and grabbing disinfectant and a bandage.
"Let me see it," he said, opening the Neosporin.

Daniel slowly drew the wounded hand out of his pocket and looked away. His fingers were red from blood. His hand should have stopped but he supposed from all the work the wound had busted open again.Slowly he took the red bandage from around his hand and revealed the wound, refusing to meet the man's eyes. "I was going to stitch it up when I got home. I didn't think that it was this bad," he told the other man. THe wound had cut from one side of his hand tot he other and was deep. As he looked at it the pain of it seemed to renew and awaken in him and he winced.

Riki gasped, gawking slightly.
"I'll wrap it up, but we should take you to a hospital." he said, putting medicine on it and quickly wrapping the wound.
"You okay with that?"

Daniel blinked and looked at Riki curiously. "Why?" he asked like a child. He really didn't understand why he'd have to go to the hospital for such a silly thing as a cut. It would stop bleeding soon enough as long as he didn't stress it. "Really Riki, it is okay. I won't die from such a silly thing as this." The man smiled reached up to brush his fingers against Riki's cheek. "Right now I just want to spend some time with you all right?"

Riki shook his head.
"No, you need stitches in it, and I... I don't want it to get infected or anything," Riki mumbled, worry lining his voice. He put his hand on Daniels again, holding it against his cheek.

"Riki," Daniel said, smiling happily that he didn't pull away. "get a needle and thread and I'll stitch it myself. I've done it before. It goes quicker and there is less fuss if I do it myself. If you are so worried about infection though, a bottle of rubbing alcohol and some disinfectant would do wonders. There really is little reason to worry like this." He'd cleaned up bruises and cuts more times than he'd like to admit in the last fifteen years.

Riki frowned, as if he was unsure, but nodded. Leaving the room, he went to get a sewing needle and thread, like he used to patch up his clothes.
"Will these work?" he asked hopefully, showing them to him.
"I need to sanitize the needle first, but I'll be right back to find the rubbing alcohol."

Daniel took the needle and thread and put them on the counter before slipping off and starting to wash his wound slowly in water to begin sanitizing it. As the blood (both dry and new) washed away it revealed a cut about two inches long and at least half an inch deep. Sighing, the man closed his eyes and bit back the urge to wince each time he touched the raw skin. Then, while Riki had run to find the rubbing alcohol, Daniel went to work. He should have asked for some alcohol to drink too, but he didn't waist any time running the needle through his skin and connecting it with the other side. By the time that Riki was to return, he'd already made it halfway down the cut. Tears of pain were bright in the man's eyes, though he gritted his teeth through them. Fifteen minutes later his knees gave out as he finished the last stitch and tied the knot and cut the string. He clutched the hand tightly to him as he rested his forehead against the cabinets as the tears ran freely.

"R-Rubbing alcohol, please," he gasped out.