Locked in a Cage (with GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Okay" Yanaike said, she walked to the window and pointed at a town on the horizon. "Pick me up there, in about 15 minutes okay?" Without waiting a response from Reggie, Yanaike ran to the back of the ship, grabbing the rope and her backpack on her way there. She attached the backpack to her back and attached the one end of therope to her waist, and the other end of the rope to the metal hull of the airship. She opened the entrance of the ship, waved Reggie goodbye and the next moment she jumped out, in free fall falling down.
"Wheeeeeeeeeeee!"

Okay, it was confirmed, Yanaike was stone cold fucking crazy. "Crazy woman, she didn't even measure the rope to see if it was to long or short." He said to himself. Also, how the hell was she going to pay for all this stuff? If what she had been saying earlier was any indication, she probably carried little to no money, and her little spiel about possessions probably wasn't going to get her anywhere. Whatever, that was for her to figure out. For now, Reggie figured that he probably ought to check on the big man. "Hey, how you feeling?" he asked as he walked into the room.

Almost before Yanaike hit the ground, she casted an air spell that summoned a small cloud below her. Instead of crashing to the ground, she landed like she'd hit a huge pillow. At that point she detached the rope from herself. And almost immediately she started running. Since she was such light an had these animal instincts, Yanaike was able to easily reach speeds above thirty kilometers an hour. Running on all fours she quickly approached the town that she'd pointed at, from the cockpit of the airship.

Meanwhile in the airship:

Goyops moaned when the man entered his sleeping room. He was only vaguely aware that someone was coming in, but he seemed completely out of energy, unable to give a good response or a thank you for bringing him to his room.
"I uhwoargh... wroah... wrobble wrib... Raagh ro gro greet" was all that was coming out of his mouth, before he fainted again, closing his eyes and immediately falling into a deep sleep.

Shaking his head and squeezing the bridge of his nose, Reginald walked out of the man's room and back into the flight cabin of the airship, sitting down with nothing else to do but wait for 15 minutes while Yanaike did what he hoped she was going to. "How boring, Yana is running around town and the big guy is down and out." he muttered to himself, wondering if bringing the man aboard was a bad idea if all he was going to do was sleep and vomit.

After a little while, Reggie piloted the ship over to the town and found a suitable spot to keep the ship at a steady hover while he waited.

The little village had this new concept which was called a convenience store. Instead of several market stalls selling all sorts of different goods, there was just one store where Yanaike could steal everything she needed. It was convenient, that was for sure. Yanaike entered the door and grabbed in her pockets only to realize she'd forgotten the shopping list. Well... no problem. She would just improvise. Cheese, onions, a large ham, a bread, a couple of apples, a pair of carrots, a chain of sausages, a bucket of milk and a weird purple thing that Yanaike had never seen before. She stuffed it all in her backpack. When she was nearly done she spotted a crop of lettuce. Yeah, that would be nice as well. She was sure Reggie would be pleased with it. She grabbed it and kept it in her arms. Without anyone noticing Yanaike sneaked out of the 'multiple market' as she liked to call it.
Now there was just one ingredient left they would need. It was for the large black man, lying in his bed in the airship. But she could not find something like that at a normal market. Yanaike wandered through the town searching for something that would sell the last item...

---

Suddenly Goyops woke up. What? Ground! Finally! Goyops stepped out of bed and started kissing the floor of the airship. It was more than clear that Goyops still hadn't come over his little fright for flying. He wasn't even sure what had happened. He remembered going aboard on the airship but after that his whole memory was blank. He stumbled through the airship until he noticed the leader in the cockpit of the airship.
"Hey" he said shortly.

"Oh, hey pukes" Reggie teased. "Unless you want to be called that, I would appreciate it if you actually told me your name this time." He spun around fully in his chair and stood up, walking closer to the man. "Oh for the love of..." He didn't finish his sentence as he saw the list sitting on the floor of the ship. Really, however, all that was on the list was food items, but still, Yanaikes carelessness was starting to get to him. A proper ship couldn't be kept if the crew was negligent. He turned back to the large man, waiting for his answer.

"Pukes?" Goyops he asked rather frustrated. He hoped the crew of this ship would not be one that would come up with silly nick names all the time. Goyops preferred to be adressed with his last name. Without any weird abbreviation or variation on it. My name is Xr. Goyops" he responded. "But you can skip the Xr. part and just call me Goyops. And what's your name?"

---

Yanaike had found a small apothecary on the edge of the village. She entered it.
"Hello" she said cheerfully wagging her tail around. "Do you have something against motion-sickness?"
"Hmm...?" said the apothecary as he looked up from his high desk and looked around. "Strange" he mumbled to himself. "I would swear I could hear a voice."
"Yeah, that would be me" Yanaike said as she looked up against the giant desk.
"Who?" she heard the pharmacist say. These were the moments were Yanaike wished she wasn't bound to the ground and could just fly up.
"I'm here" Yanaike said as she started jumping, which must have been a pretty awkward sight since she also had the cabbage in her hand.
"Oh, look, hello there little girl" the pharmacist said on a tone like she was a small infant.
"No, I'm not little" Yanaike responded. "You just have a huge desk, that's all!"
"Okay, okay" the pharmacist continued on the same tone. "Now what can I help you with, young lady?"

"Alright Goyops. My name Is Reginald Wingates, but everyone seems to refer to me by just Reggie. It seems you aren't used to flying around on an airship. Hopefully Yanaike is grabbing something for that down in town. Strange little woman, isn't she? Doesn't like to take orders and doesn't seem to understand the need for structure and order with an operation like this airship." Reggie leaned against a wall and folded his arms. "Her and I hardly just met and there have been times I've wanted to throw her out of the ship."

"I need a remedy for motion sickness" Yanaike responded. "Look, I'm the leader of a pirate air ship and we have this tall man aboard who had vomited and was lying in his bed all day." Yanaike's words seemed to amuse him, as the pharmacist walked, laughing, to the other side of the store, grabbed a bottle with a blue liquid and handed it over to Yanaike.
"Haha, you leader of a pirate ship?" he said. "But anyway here is your remedy, anything else?"
"No that's all" Yanaike said as she cheerfully wagged her tail around. The man leaned back against the wall, laughing about this little girl. She was so weird. Yanaike left and started searching for the airship.
It took the pharmacist a half day to stop laughing and wondering whoever that girl was, and it was than he realised she'd never paid for the remedy. However he didn't really care since he had a good day laughing.

====

"Hmm..." Goyops said with his low voice. "Yeah, I guess she will be very annoying. But to be honest, I kind of admire her as well. She seems so pure... I mean: take a look at her. She has this tail, she wears a witch hat and she doesn't seem to strong either. I can imagine how she could have been bullied by lots of people and maybe even people trying to sell her as an object. But still... It doesn't make her down, she just moves on and keeps on doing what she thinks is good." Goyops chuckled for a moment, which was quite rare. "I'm not that good in explaining stuff" he said. "But I think you're lucky with such a good companion." Goyops cleared his throat and moved on to the next subject.
"Now, nice to meet you Reginald Wingates, how about you give me a little tour around the ship?"

Reggie couldn't help but arch an eyebrow at Goyops' mention of selling Yanaike. "You see..." he began as he motioned for Goyops to follow him. "That's actually how I met her. I used to be a merchant, a pretty good one two. Some of my crewmates had captured her and we we're on our way to sell her. I took pity on her and I helped her escape. And now here we are." He led Goyops to where the ammunition for the ship was kept. "Now she like's to think she's the leader. She has no experience, far as I know, with this type of thing."

"I wonder" Goyops said, after he had followed Reginald through the airship. "Why do you bring me to the ammunition room, when I ask for a tour around the ship?" It didn't seem to common for him. "However I must admit you have quite a nice collection, Reginald Wingates."

Again Reggie arched an eyebrow. "This is part of the tour, we have to start somewhere. Besides, if this is to be a pirate vessel, then the pirate crew needs to know where the ammunition is kept, seeing as how part of being a pirate is taking down other ships. There is obviously more to the ship, and if you would come along, you will see that." Reggie motioned again for Goyops to follow him, this time taking him to the burner room. "As you can see this is where the burners that power the ship are located. "It is vital that our stores of coal are kept full, as you never know when we're going to need to beat a hasty retreat."

Yanaike had spotted the airship from a distance and she was approaching the large thing quickly. "I'm back!" she shouted as she went through the entrance of the ship. "And I brought lots of nice stuff! Sorry it took me so long by the way! Usually I do these kind of things in just ten minutes, but I also had to find an apothecary..."
"See, I've kept the stuff in my backpack, she said as Reggie approached her." She placed the backpack on the ground and put the cabbage in Reggie's hands. "Here hold this" she said. At that moment she opened her backpack.
"Oh no" she said like a toddler who'd make a mistake. Most of the groceries were still in there, however they were all soaked in milk and all messed up together. She remembered she jumped inside the apothecary. Maybe she shouldn't have done that. Or maybe she shouldn't have stored a open bucket of milk in her backpack in the first place.
"Uhm... Right... Enjoy!" she said as she pulled the bag to Reggie.
"Now to the remedy, I've kept that here" Yanaike said as she opened one of the pockets of her leather jacket.

Last edited:
Reginald arched his eyebrow as he looked at what she had brought. "Please, pray tell, explain why on Earth you thought it would be a good idea to carry around a bucket of uncovered milk?" He let out an audible groan. "At least you have the remedy for Goyops." To which he turned to. "Best you take it now so as to avoid another... incident." He put the cabbage on the ground and proceeded to take the items out of the bag. "Maybe next time, I should go down and fetch what we need, hm?"

Last edited:
"No" Yanaike decided. "As leader of this air ship I command you to stay on this air ship, while I do the shopping!" She sighed. Yep, it wasn't a good idea to carry the bucket of milk in her backpack, that was clear. However, quite possibly she would be able to fix it. She turned her hands to the backpack and started calling out the magical spell: "Nesteet virta lansi tuulet". Slowly the milk disappeared into thin air, leaving the food she had stolen in almost the same condition as how she found it in the grocery store.
"Taadaa!" she said, rather surprised that her spell actually worked.

===

Goyops took the bottle from Reginald. He looked to it with disgust. He did not like medicines or remedies. Just the thought of drinking an unknown fluid made him worry. However he realized well enough that his freight of flying would only become worse if he wouldn't take the remedy. He decided he would be brave and he gulped the remedy inside.
"There you go" he said as he was done. "I hope it works"

As amazed as he was about Yanaike's spell, the fact that she was proclaiming herself leader of the ship rather pissed him off. "Leader? Where the hell did you get that idea? Do you even have any experience with an airship? Besides, where were you during our only moment of combat? Pouting in the corner over some stupid matter! Unless you can show some sort of maturity, I refuse to even entertain the idea of you being leader. I've been running the whole damn show here, and unless you can prove to me that you have what it takes to be leader, I will not be subjugated to you." He folded his arms, "Prove yourself, and you will have me under your command!"

Yanaike giggled, followed by a simple "I disagree!" That she claimed herself the leader was more kind of a joke than a serious claim. They had discussions like this earlier and Yanaike's mind hadn't changed at all. The term of 'leader' was not useful in a group of just three. She guessed there had to be some kind of hierarchy however and she was 'okay' with Reggie standing above her. However Yanaike felt she had the right to 'veto' certain of his decisions. For example: she would never accept Reggie to get groceries. Yanaike was far more better for that. She was much faster and her stealth techniques were useful to obtain the food.
"I'll do the shopping! Next time as well! End of discussion!" She giggled again, followed her words by a quick: "Bye!" and started going in the direction of the sleeping quarters.

Okay, so maybe Reggie had overreacted a little bit, but whatever. With the letting out of a breath, he took the objects that had once been covered in milk and began to make his way towards the ship's galley, motioning for Goyops to grab what he didn't and follow him. "I suppose one thing that is admirable about Yana is the fact that she is rather persistent, almost to the point of obstinate. That, and I suppose the fact that she knows some magic is an object of curiosity. So far, she's the only person I've seen with the ability to do that, unless others can do it but hide really well."

Goyops grabbed the remainder of the stuff and followed Reginald to the ship's galley. "Sssht" he said. "We shouldn't talk about Yanaike when she is close by." Goyops never liked to gossip about other people, no matter if it was good or bad talk. Well, he felt more comfortable talking about other people if that person was far away, however if Goyops impression of Yanaike was right, it was that she could pop up any second, having some kind of silly question or so. "...but I guess you're right? Her magic is pretty interesting..."

---

Just before Yanaike was about to enter Reggie's cabin, she realized she still didn't know the large man's name. She quickly returned to the main room, to found they had gone to the galley of the ship which was adjacent to the ship's main room.
"Oh, by the way... We've never formally introduced ourselves, haven't we?" Yanaike pulled out her hand. "My name is Yanaike." Goyops turned his head around slowly, his eyes slowly moving from left to right.
"Would you be so kind, never to sneak up on me like that again?" the man said. Yanaike wondered why he was saying that. Yanaike did not sneak up on anybody, she just came back?
"Sorry," the man said. "I kind of... we... nevermind! My name is Xr. Goyops" he said as the two shook hands.
"Ks-r-oy-gops?" Yanaike repeated, rather confused.
"No... X. R. Goyops. 'Xr' is my prefix."
"Ah, uh, okay?" Yanaike responded. She had never heard of something like a 'prefix', but it seemed kind of dumb to add two random letters in front of your name. Yanaike now turned to Reggie.
"What were you two discussing?" she asked curiously.

Reginald figured he might as well be honest. "We we're talking about you, and how you have the uncanny ability to just pop up out of nowhere. That, and how you're one of the only people I've seen with the ability to perform magic. Where did you learn it?" He was genuinely curious, and his tone of voice clearly reflected it. Now that he though about it more, this did make her witch hat more understandable.