Locked in a Cage (with GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I'm on it!" Hannah responded cheerfully. She seated next to Reggie and stared at the gauges for a moment. She became bored pretty quickly however and decided it couldn't hurt to have a little conversation with Reggie while taking care of the gauges.
"It's fantastic isn't it?" she exclaimed. "Traveling through the air has always fascinated me. Just the feeling of being part of a crew managing such a might vehicle gives me the shivers!" In reality Hannah didn't like this at all. Flying was boring and keeping track of the gauges was the most boring task Reggie could have assigned to her. She hoped there would be another ship in sight very soon and she hoped it wouldn't take long before the adventure would really begin.
"Wait" Hannah said as she remembered one special item she packed in her luggage. "We need to record this moment!" She hopped out of the control room, opened her bag and a little while later she took out her camera. It was a present she'd gained while working as a journalist for the Tuscatsi, probably one of world's most famous newspapers. With the camera in her hand she entered the control room again.
"Smile!" she said as she prepared the camera to take a picture of Reggie inside the control room.

"Don't give me that bullshit Hannah, you know just as well as I do that this can get really boring at times. Do you really honestly think that this is so exciting? I mean yea, flight itself is a pretty wondrous thing, but come on, there's a reason pilots have a reputation for drinking and gambling. We got to have something to do during flights." turning around, he arched an eyebrow at the strange thing that he saw. "What the hell is that thing?" He hadn't seen anything like that before, and as far as he was concerned, until he knew that it had some sort of useful function, it was just pointless weight. "So you're telling me that thing will record all of this?"

"Never seen a camera before?" Hannah asked rather surprised. "You must have heard of the newspaper Tuscatsi though? Maybe even read it once?" She didn't wait a respond coming from Reggie. "There are these pictures inside them and this thing, this camera, is what can make those pictures." Hannah smiled. "Okay, now... the first time the flash might hurt your eyes a little, however you'll get used to that pretty soon." She pressed a button and a flash of light lightened the whole room for a second and then it was gone again. "There you go!" she said triumphantly. She put the camera away.
"Now, you were talking about drinking and gambling weren't ya?" A smile appeared on Hannah's face. Now the two were talking! Maybe the travel itself would become much less boring then she at first imagined.

Reggie blinked a few time after the flash hit him, but soon enough, his eyes were readjusted to the flight cabin. "Yea, drinking. I'm pretty sure that there isn't any alcohol on this thing, so next time we land, we probably ought to get some." Now that he mentioned it, a beer or two sounded pretty nice right about now. "But before we can get drunk of our asses..." he turned around in his seat towards the front windshield. "We need to find a ship, steal all of it's cargo, bring it down in a flurry of gun fire, and then... try not to get our own asses shot. Simple enough, right? Anyways... what's our altitude? By now I think we're probably high enough to push the ship up to cruising speed."

Hannah took a quick glance at one of the gauges. "We're on 300 feet" Hannah concluded. She had no idea if that was high or not, but she figured that was up to Reggie to decide.
"And it's really such a shame!" Hannah exclaimed. "I think the cafe where I worked could have easily missed a barrel of two, filled with your favorite kind of alcohol." She nodded. "On the other hand it would also be nice to steal the alcohol from the next cargo ship in sight!" Back in town, Hannah was known as the type of girl that could made any guy drunk. As a bartender she'd full access to the beer taps, and men seemed to be so gratuitously if it came to a free refill of their glass. Before they even realized it themselves, the men were completely drunk and drunk people, as Hannah figured out, were much easier to manipulate!

"Only 300 feet?" Reggie asked, thinking that they would have risen much faster. "We need to be higher than that." Looking over the levers and buttons on the control panel in front of him, he found an extra lever that had all the indications of helping in altitude gain and flicked it, which caused the ship to jerk a bit as it took off higher up into the air. "Shit, that works!" he said with a grin. Now, onto matters of an inebriated nature. Until Reggie knew what Hannah was like and how much trust he could place in her, he would make sure that he would limit himself to only a couple of drinks so that he could still make sure that he was in control. "When we come across a ship to rob, we'll just have to hope that they have some booze aboard." Before he continued, a thought crossed his mind, Did Yana drink? That would certainly be a sight to behold, that tiny woman drunk. Speaking of which, "Yanaike, where are you?"

Yanaike? Why did he mention that little girl again. Hannah sighed slightly.
"Last time I saw her she sat in a corner of the main room. I think she was crying." Hannah yawned. "I'm sorry to tell you this, Reggie, but I can't see yet why you've taken her along on this pirate ship? She seems nice..." Not! "...but I can't see the value of having her around. I mean... we are pirates! We are supposed to be a couple of strong convinced fighters, we can't use a cry-baby like her." Her reaction might have sounded a little bit rude, however she made quite a good point.

Reginald got out of his seat and headed towards the room. "While you might have some sort of point, I'm not going to just leave her behind. Besides, this started out as her and I, and as far as I'm concerned, this is going to continue with her and I, along with you. Now, I don't know why the hell you two don't get along, but right now, I don't care, you to just need to find a way to get along. I don't want this kind of attitude to continue, we are a crew, and very well may pick up a few more crew members who knows?" That being said, he walked out of the cabin and headed back into the main room, to see that Hannah was right and that Yanaike was in the corner. "Come now Yana, we can't have any of this, now can we?" he said softly as he approached her.

"Wow wow wow!" Hannah said, slightly overwhelmed by Reggie's words. "Now you blame this all on me? It's not my fault this situation between me and Yanaike is so... awkward? Honestly! I love trying to get along with Yanaike, however that girl has to give me a chance!" For once, Hannah was telling the truth. Even though she hated Yanaike, that didn't prohibit her from trying to move along with Yanaike. However Yanaike had never really gave Hannah much of a chance. She never formally introduced herself and from the first moment they'd met Yanaike had kind of neglected her. Reggie walked out of the control room into the main room and Hannah followed him. She hoped Reggie would be able to change the situation. Maybe Hannah and Yanaike could even become best friends! Best... fake... friends.

---

Yanaike was still at the same spot, sobbing a bit. She heard Reggie approaching her, but she didn't feel like talking back, nor like moving away.

For fuck's sake, Yanaike was twenty one years old, and here she was, sobbing like a little girl. Reggie really didn't like this, and was half tempted to tell her to suck it up and grow up. Shit happens, and she needed to realize that. "Yana, please get up. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but we have a job to do." Goddammit, it was embarrassing to even be saying shit like this, but then again, maybe Reggie never was one that got emotional often. Not really knowing what to say, he just stood there, glancing behind him to see that Hannah was behind him. Maybe that wasn't the best of ideas, but they needed to get along.

Yanaike tilted her head slighly when she heard Reggie starting to beg her to get up, but finally she sniffed her nose and refused to act. In her head she repeated the words he said. "... but we have a job to do." Have to? There was nothing Yanaike had to do. She went aboard this ship voluntarily! There was no payment involved, at least not yet, and then still she could do whatever she wanted. And "WE have a job to do?". So just by boarding the ship she now belonged to the crew? Who else did he meant with 'we'? Himself? Hannah? At least Yanaike had stopped crying, but she stayed in the corner of the room, now slightly frustrated.

'Oh dear fucking God, how immature can you get." He really wasn't quite sure what to do with her, so he simply reached into one of the pockets of his sports coat, which was quite large, and pulled out a book, magic of the skys and set it down next to her. "When you're ready to grow up, we'll be in the flight cabin." That being said, Reggie turned around and walked back into the cabin, resuming his spot in his chair. He didn't know, nor did he really care, what Hannah was doing, as right now, there were more important matters to attend to other than interpersonal relationships.

Usually Yanaike might have taken the book, especially since it had a quite interesting title, and then she would have read it. However this time there was something else that drew Yanaike's attention even more. Did Yanaike saw it clearly? Did he just took that book out of his jacket? He must have huge pockets then! And if so, Yanaike wonderd what kind of other items he kept in his jacket. Maybe he was a walking library! Yanaike left the book on the ground and followed Reggie inside the control room. She started hanging on him, desperately trying to partially unclothe him, only to see what he kept inside the pockets of his large jacket.

What the hell was she doing now? She was like some sort of clingy puppy, trying to get it's master's attention. "Yana, what the hell-" Before he could continue, his jacket fell off and the contents of the pockets fell out. His revolver, a few extra cartridges, a knife, a whet stone, and lastly, a medium sized rectangular device, which Reginald quickly snagged and held tight in his hand. "As I was saying, what the hell were you trying to accomplish Yana?" luckily, not everything spilled out of his pockets, as there were somethings that he would rather keep to himself. That in mind, he grabbed his jacket and quickly put it back on.

Reggie had quickly hidden it, but Yanaike had seen it clearly. Reggie was carrying some sort of rectangular device around.
"What's that?" Yanaike asked as she tried to open Reggie's handpalm. She knew however that she did not have the strength to open his hand.

Clenching his hand even tighter, he raised it above his head away from her reach. "Nothing for you to concern yourself with. Not yet, anyways." What the device really was, was what Reggie liked to call a "sabotage assistant" All it really did was attach itself to whatever Reggie stuck it to and blow up, so he was essentially carrying around a box of explosives, but it was also much more than that. While yes, it did explode, it also had the capability to send out a debilitating pulse of electricity that would be powerful enough to cripple a ship that some how managed to have some sort of electrical system aboard it. While ships such as that weren't very common, they were becoming more and more prevalent. "Anyways, we need to get back to our posts, a target could emerge at any moment."

"Nooo!" Yanaike exclaimed as she kept hanging on Reggie's hand. "That's not fair! We're all part of the same crew and we shouldn't have secrets for each other! What could be so important that you don't want me to know it?"
At times like these Yanaike could use some kind of power boost. She was way to weak to open the palm of Reggie's hand, so instead she just hoped she could persuade him to show it on his own will.

Oh, so now she thinks there shouldn't be secrets. "When we find another ship, you might find out what it's for. Until then, it's nothing for you to concern yourself with." He couldn't remember how long he has had this little box, but it would infallibly come in handy one day, especially since they were now pirates.

Speaking of other ships, out of the corner of his eyes, Reginald could see another ship off in the distance. "Ship ho!" he yelled excitedly. "Man the weapons!" He jumped into his seat and armed the cannons. "Alright, don't destroy the ship, but if you kill the crew, that's less for us to deal with later!" That being said, he fired a few shots into the main body of the ship.

"Fine" Yanaike responded. "If you don't tell me what kind of device that is in your hand, I'm not going to help you fighting." As stubborn as she was, Yanaike folded her arms in each other and turned around.

---

Meanwhile Hannah had wandered through the ship and she had claimed herself the biggest of the sleeping chambers. She had unpacked her luggage and had thrown some clothes all through the room to make sure that no-one else would claim it. It was a great sleeping room and it even had it's own bath room next to it. Hannah was just in the bathroom brushing her long brown hair when she heard Reggie shouting something.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah" she mumbled as she quickly finished brushing her hair. "I'm coming!" She ran into the main room. "What's wrong?" she asked. There'd better be a good reason. Hannah didn't really liked it when people disrupted her when she was busy adjusting her look.

When it came to matters such as ship to ship combat, he didn't play around. "Whatever Yana. I really don't give a fuck. Now, as I said: SHIP HO! Man the fucking guns!" If he had to do all of it, fine, the front cannons were plenty capable of achieving his goals. He grinned in wicked delight as he saw the rounds penetrate the body of the ship. "Bring these fuckers down, we got shit to steal!" He pushed the Nec Aspera Terrent to full speed, pushing ever closer to the ship, all the while filling it's hull with cannon shot.