Locked in a Cage (with GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

'... one of the only people...' It made Yanaike thinking. She never thought of it that way. She always thought she was the only one, but what if she actually wasn't.
"No!" Yanaike exclaimed, she shook Reggie up. "You're a genius! I'm not the only one!" Yanaike started walking circles through the galley. "It all makes sense now. Her aura, the scent." Yanaike started walking faster and faster to the point where she was almost running through the galley. Suddenly she stood still and she looked right in to Reggie's eyes.
"Hannah!" she exclaimed. "How could you let her go? She was a magic user as well!"

Reggie looked at her with his brows furrowed. "Now how in the world was I supposed to know that? To me she was just a brown nosing woman who proved to be an incompetent nuisance. She did us no good and wound up leaving. As long as she doesn't bring the police in on our activities, she isn't a bother anymore." He started to think more on just how they could deal with the possibility of the police trying to shut them down. So far, they had only shot down one ship, and they still hadn't managed to sell what they had taken. The crew wasn't large enough to stage a shoot out, and the only thing that had any weapons was the ship itself. All in all, not a good situation.

"Sorry to disrupt you two" Goyops said. "But I've never heard of a girl named Hannah and actually I want to see whether the remedy works or not. I can't believe I'm saying this but let's get flying again." He nodded, approving his own proposal. "Let's divide tasks! Reginald, can you raise the ship again and pilot this thing? Yanaike, I saw a couple of robots in the main room, can you..."
"Robots?" Yanaike interrupted him.
"Yeah, those metal men?"
"Oh, you mean the Yanaman."
Goyops shook his head. Yanamen? Did she came up with that silly name. Well, whatever... for now he would just play along and call them Yanamen as well.
"Can you... I don't know... do something with the Yanamen? Prepare them for battle for example?" A twinkling could be seen in Yanaike's eyes and Goyops knew the moment she'd assigned her that task that he'd chosen right.
"As for me, I'll load the groceries and I make sure the fire is burning to keep the ship going. Everyone okay?"

"Yes, I can do that. Although eventually we need to get the shit in the cargo hold sold." Why was that a thing that wasn't happening. That thought bugging him, Reginald, went into the flight cabin and began to perform the necessary tasks to the get ship up and going. The burners were now firing, and the balloon was beginning to inflate. "We should be taking off within a matter of minutes!" He shouted from his chair, loud enough so hopefully everyone could hear.

Goyops had went down to the burners to check if they were doing alright, before he went back to the galley of the ship to finish packing the food that Yanaike brought. He realized the ship left the ground and even though Goyops still felt slightly weak in his stomach, he felt much better than with the first take off. He had no urge to vomit, nor did he feel like he would faint anything time soon.

---

In the meantime Yanaike had been experimenting with the Yanamen in the main room of the ship. She knew Reggie's desire to sell the Yanamen for money, but still did not get why he wanted to give the Yanamen away, just like that. In the end Yanaike had made some adjustments to one of the Yanaman, as she had found a solution to make the money Reggie wished for, without giving the Yanaman away! She just required a final test.
She programmed the Yanaman to follow her as she walked into the cockpit of the air ship.
"You're going to like this" Yanaike said to Reggie, wagging her tail wildly from left to right. "Just play along and do like you're buying the Yanaman."
She slightly altered her voice, speaking with lower tones than usual as she tried to imitate a sales man... uh... well... or a sales woman in this case.
"So, Reggie, you're interested in buying this Yanaman, aren't you?" Her words were followed by a small giggle.

Reggie couldn't help but grin, and he decided that there wasn't really any harm in playing along with her little game. He put on an accent and stuck himself with an odd stance. "Why yes, I would indeed like to purchase one of these so called.... 'Yanamen'. I find these things to be an incorrigible source of curiosity for me, and it would delight me to no end to acquire one for myself." He did his best not to laugh, and to be honest, he was having a little bit of fun.

Reggie seemed amused. Which was a good sign. He would probably like what Yanaike had done to the Yanaman.
"In that case, it's your lucky day" Yanaike continued. "I'm practically giving this Yanaman away for free. All I need is a bag filled with thousand shiny golden coins!"
"Is that a good price?" Yanaike added, whispering in her usual voice. She had no idea of prices and what a normal price could be to ask for these things.

Keeping his accent and putting his fists against his hips, Reggie acted like her price was insulting. "One thousand gold coins?! I say little lady, that price is outrageous! I will give you seven hundred instead!" He leaned closer to her and spoke in his normal voice. "I'm going to teach you a thing or two about negotiation." Standing back up, he resumed his accent. "Seven hundred is my offer!"

Negotiation? This wasn't about negation or about actually preforming a real trade. And the price of thousand gold coins was just completely made up by Yanaike. The price didn't even matter. It might as well have been one copper piece as well. But well, if seven hundred was what Reggie liked, than that would be the price.
"Seven hundred is fine by me!" Yanaike said. She took the witch hat of her head and held it front of Reggie for him to put the money into.

"You drive a hard bargain little lady, but I think it's fair enough." acting like he was going to pay her, Reggie took a leather pouch from out of his jacket pocket and put it in the hat, curious as to what Yanaike had programmed the Yanamen to do upon receiving payment.

Yanaike didn't even care, looking what Reggie had actually paid her. She just wanted to show him what she'd programmed the Yanaman to do.
"Thank you" Yanaike said in the same tone as she had used during their negotiations. "Then, this robot will be yours now!" Yanaike pressed a button on the controller, the Yanaman stepped towards Reggie and Yanaike handed Reggie over the controller. "There you go!" she said cheerfully.
At that point Yanaike left the room, but she stayed in a close distance to see what would happen next. She waited until Reggie would not be watching over his Yanaman anymore.

Reggie looked at the controller with an arched eyebrow, completely unaware of the fact that they even had them. "Erm, alright then..." He said to himself as he looked the controller over, then cautiously pressed a couple of buttons. All he really managed to get it to do was move one of it's arms and walk forward a little bit, but other then that, he couldn't do anything. Setting the controller down, he turned around and went about other matters for a moment, one of them being making sure that all systems were still working just fine. "Maybe I should just leave these thing's operation to her, and just worry myself about selling them only..."

At the point when Reggie turned away from the Yanaman, the metal man silently walked out of the control room, returning to the room where the other Yanamen were located. Yanaike almost couldn't hold her laugh. She was curious how Reggie would react. He would soon find out that the control would not be working anymore either. The Yanamen did not really have any controllers, Yanaike had build a controller which gave the ability to make the Yanaman preform minor tasks, but the controller was only a temporary device that would soon lose it's purpose, it was just to make the clients belive they had actually bought the Yanaman.

---

Meanwhile Goyops was walking through the ship, discovering the various rooms inside the ship. He couldn't help but wonder about this Hannah-girl that had been mentioned earlier. What had happened to her? Did she leave the ship? But why? And what kind of person was she? Suddenly Goyops smelled a sweet perfume coming from one of the rooms. Out of curiosity Goyops entered the room.

Turning around after his pointless musings, Reginald was rather surprised to see that the Yanaman was no longer in the room. Confused, he picked the controller back up and pressed a few buttons, only to find that nothing was happening, no noise, no nothing. "What the bloody hell?" he wondered to himself, although he quickly realized this was probably Yanaike's doing.
Walking over to where the others were, he quickly found that the one that he had "bought" from Yana had summarily found it's place back amongst the others. It didn't take him too long to figure out just what Yana's money making intention was with these things.

Seeking her out, Reggie eventually found Yana. "Alright, so, you've done something to the Yanamen that makes them somehow seek out the others when the "owner" of the robot isn't looking, in turn, essentially scamming the buyer out of their money?"

Yanaike wagged her tail around as she was pretty proud of her invention.
"No! Not scamming, only tricking. Its like a magic trick! You put of a pouch of money in my hat, abracadabra, aaaand... gone!" Yanaike turned her witch hat upside down, but the leather pouch that Reggie had put inside of it, didn't fall out of it.
"Like it?"

---

Usually Goyops' sense of smell wasn't that good. He could barely tell the scent of honey and cow dung apart from each other and it could take him ages before he realised that it was time to take a bath. But somehow this time Goyops' sense of smell worked perfectly and he followed his nose through the unoccupied room. He quickly spotted the object that caused the scent. A bottle had fell down to the ground and a pink liquid was leaking away from it. He kneeled down to see what it was, when he suddenly heard a female voice in his head:
"Good boy! Smell it!"

Even if it was only a bag of empty shell casings that he had put in the hat, it was still impressive nonetheless. "That's actually pretty impressive. I'm sure the people that are loosing their money won't think so, but that's none of our concern." Reggie gave Yanaike a pat on the back and a smile. "Come on, we should go see what Goyops is up to. Don't want the big guy getting himself into trouble, now would we?"

Yanaike felt proud of herself. It seemed that Reggie finally respected her and that he finally recognized her as a valuable member. It made her feel kind of happy. She gave Reggie a spontaneous hug before she answered him. "Yeah, that seems like a good idea" she said. "I've not seen Goyops for a while. Where would have gone to?"

---

The sweet smell penetrated his nose, while in the mean time the female voice kept encouraging him.
Goyops wanted to turn around and to run away, but he found himself paralyzed as an irresistible force pulled him closer to the ground.
"Go away!" Goyops shouted, very angered. He could almost feel the spirit of the girl leaning on his back.
"Why would I go away?" the girl asked teasingly. "You're doing so well! Keep sniffing!"
Goyops became furious as he tried to shake the girl off from his back, even though he realized she was not really there. What Goyops did not realize, was, that as anger was building up in him, two bull horns were growing out of his head.

Before Reginald could speak or question Yana's hug, he heard Goyops yell. "Well, that answers that question, come on, something might be wrong." Hurriedly rushing to where he heard the noise, a rather curious sight befell his eyes. There was Goyops, looking as though he was trying to shake off something, and with bull horns coming out of his head. "Goyops! What the hell's wrong!?" he shouted, hurriedly making his way over to the man's side.

"It's that smell!" Goyops exclaimed."What is she doing to me?" He kept trying to shake her off.
The girl now firmly gripped on to his horns. "Don't let them distract you" she whispered in to his ear. "Just focus on the scent of my perfume, and let the anger flow through your body."
Goyops tried ignoring her, he tried to control his rage, when suddenly she started tickling him. Goyops jumped up, hoping to get rid of her, but she only grasped even more firmly to his body. His shirt ripped apart as muscles over his body started growing rapidly. Goyops felt his strength increasing and that made him even more persistent to get rid of the girl on his back. In his hands an oversized axe appeared, and somehow he thought it would be a good idea to use it.
"Go away!" Goyops exclaimed, as he swung around the axe, trying to knock the girl off his back, but almost hitting Reggie instead.
In his head the female voice kept going on.
"Good!" she whispered. "Just a few more changes and you will be the most powerful soldier I've ever created!"

---

Yanaike was paralyzed in fear as she saw the changes that happened to Goyops' body. Mostly because of the way that triggered the changes. She saw a bottle of pink perfume lying on the ground. It reminded her so much of how Yanaike got her tail. The chemical experiment that went wrong.
But... no... that was done and Yanaike didn't want to be reminded to that time period.

"What the fuck, what the fuck, WHAT THE FUCK!" Reggie yelled as he dove away from the axe that arbitrarily appeared. Instinctively, he reached for his gun, but his hopes were crushed as he remembered that it had been melted in the ship's burners. How in the hell were they going to remedy this?!

Things were not going well at all, and they seemed like the would only deteriorate from here. Reggie looked over at Yanaike and concern filled him as he saw that she wasn't moving at all, when rational fear should be telling her to get the hell out of there. Running over to here, he grabbed her and dove out of the doorway, rolling as he hit the ground. "Okay, you can either stay here, or you can help me find a way to fix this shit!"