Little Chi-chan.

After watching the book being sealed shut once more, her gaze trailed away from him and she loosely crossed her arms over her stomache.
"Just another dark figure." She uttered bluntly, half to herself as she turned away, picking her doll back up. She hadn't had any real expectations for the image, but she almost appeared dissapointed with the result. It was a strong looking figure of course, but it was almost as if it had revealed something important to her as well. Perhaps she didn't want to know about it. Perhaps she never had the choice anyways. Chiemi sat back in the seat she had occupied before, silently looking down at the vessel held in her arms.

"So what meaning does it have, Moira?" The tone of the question was more of a demand for an answer, her gaze refusing to reach him as she again stroked the back of her companion's plush figure.

"Little girl, have you not listened to me at all? I can not say anything unless you detail what you saw, and saying that you have seen another dark figure is just like saying that you have seen a rock. It is just general, unspecific, and more importantly, has no certain meaning. So, little girl, I ask of you once again: what did you see in the book? What has looked at you, in all of its Indescribable glory, what have you grasped of that Indescribable?" asked the man as he patiently turned page after page, as if he had nothing better to do, as if he had not heard the strange edge in Chiemi's voice.

She narrowed her eyes slightly in annoyance, but did not argue. She'd already figured out how useless that was.

"A black figure, with a black hooded cloak that flowed like fire, and empty, glowing, white eyes. Whatever the point of this is, should give self explanitory reasoning as to what it means. I would like some answers.." indeed the image was a bit unsettling to her, but she had seen how there was no use in dwelling on simply that. She only needed to know what, or who it was.

The man stopped turning the pages, and looked directly in the eyes of Chiemi, his face as passive as ever. However, his eyes radiated a brief hint of disbelief, as if he had not heard such a response before. And indeed, this was the first time one reacted so passively to the images within the books, this was the first time when the book has not engulfed the mind of the one viewing it in terror, or the mind of the one viewing the book was so resistant to terror. This brought him to a fork in the road, one fork he would rather not have encountered, thus, he took his time to think about.

"Very well, little girl. If I interpreted your, and the book's reaction correctly, then the figure you saw is called the White Scythe. He is what his name implies, as he is a figure that reaps what has been sown, in other words, he represents consequence. He considers our actions, and in the end, shows us what will happen as a result. In other words, little girl, you being here is a result of an unavoidable chain of events, but as a result, you know nothing of your true nature, meaning that I will have to start from the beginning," said the man with a hint of doubt in his voice.

"Well, then, let us begin," said the man, and tore a random page out of the book he called Forver, then started unfolding the page until it became a notebook. "First of all, do you know what defines an Indescribable being?" asked the man patiently.

"It's just a being who can't be put into a category which defines it, right?" She was uncertain, but figured if it was a literal name she would be close enough. The girl was leaning foreward in her seat, attempting to think hard about what she would be answering. Or how she would end up figuring out everything she was oblivious to. She could already feel how tedious the process was going to be, but apparently it really is out of her hands after all. She hadn't even cared before now, as she tuhough of it. She was just a strange, wanted, 'little girl' in Onikado, there was no need to learn more.

"If understanding the Indescribable was so easy, little girl, then we would have no need for that word," said the man, his mouth twisting into a smile. "But in a way, you are right, it is just that your definition lacks a very important part. Yes, Indescribable beings can not be put into any category besides their own, but the key part of their existence lies in the fact that they are beyond imagination. If one with a weak will sees an Indescribable being, then they will die immediately, because they refuse to accept the existence of such a thing. If one with a strong will sees an Indescribable being, then they will go mad, because they have accepted the existence of such a thing. There is only one exception to those rules, and those are beings, who have in them a part of the Indescribable. They are not of this world, yet at the same time, they belong here, balancing on a thin line between being Describable and Indescribable," explained the man carefully.

"You are one such being, little girl. You clearly surpass the limits of this world, yet do not inspire death or madness in those who see you," said the man, then opened the notebook he just created, tracing strange lines on the page, which formed an impossible triangle, an object that seemed to be three dimensional, could not be replicated. "If the Indescribable beings were objects, they would be like this triangle, which can seemingly exist, but when looked at closely, warps your senses. Are you following me so far, little girl?"

She nodded, listening closely. An odd new concept, she thought, wondering if she had already seen another being of such caliber. Someone at that facility perhaps. Someone like that could also be mistaken for the 'demons' they searched for. It would explain a lot. Perhaps there was an indescribable being in existance there that caused all of the insanity she had witnessed? But that would mean that many were also immune to the side effects. Could that be possible? Then a new question popped up in her mind.
"What might you be, Moira?" She asked curiously, her head tilted a few degrees.

"To answer your question, little girl, if you are balancing on a thin line, between the worlds of the Describable and Indescribable, then I am balancing on a point between three worlds," explained the man. "If you are a circus artist dangling from a tightrope, with a safety net below you, then I am one who has jumped off a cliff, not bound by any force except gravity, but I have wings to direct my fall. While that metaphor is insufficient to explain my existence, you are not ready to know about the third world yet," said the man, then tore a page out from the notebook.

"Now, little girl, I will ask my second question. Do you know what the Opposition is?" asked the man, putting a strange emphasis on the word Opposition as if it had a special meaning for him.

The girl hesitated, but could not imagine the answer so a simple decline was given.
"...No, sir." Opposition. Opposing force? An enemy? She was annoyed at her own ignorance and silently tapped her foot against the floor. Tedious, tedious process, this was. She hated tedious things. Nevertheless there was nothing to be done about it.

"The Opposition are those who stand against the Indescribable, or those who try and balance between being Describable and Indescribable, in other words, they are the ones who will be hunting you if you are not careful," explained the man. "But because of the nature of the Indescribable, they are also balancing on that thin line between the two worlds. They are hypocrates who think that if they eliminate the Indescribable, then they will make the world a better place."

"The people whom you met at this place called Onikado are likely from the Opposition, and they were trying to make you their agent. And before you ask, little girl, I know that because I know of people who study the Indescribable, even going so far as to cooperate with people like you or me, and they do not use the methods you have described to me. Remember, little girl, that just because one can not understand something, it is not necessarily evil, and there may be better ways of dealing with it than just destroying it," said the man, then he tore a page out of the notebook he was holding.

"Now, little girl, I need you to try and do an Indescribable act," said the man, handing the piece of paper to Chiemi. "Try and fold an hourglass out of that page, just as I did before, without tearing it apart, or making holes in it."

She wordlessly took the paper in her hands, studying it for a long moment before folding it slowly, carefully. Her brows knitted together in concentration she determined the correct route to upon which to manipulate it. Once she had felt she had succeeded in the act, she held the hourglass out for Moira to examine.

''I know that, why would I have to remember not to destroy indescribable things.. Anyway, it's hard to imagine that folding paper would give consolation of anything. What does the hourglass mean?"

For a moment, the man stared in disbelief, but then started laughing. He was laughing from the bottom of this heart, with a laugh that filled the whole house, a laugh that warped the world and let Chiemi glimpse the pure terror and Indescribability of the man for a moment, before he stopped himself and looked directly into her eyes.

"Little girl, you really are amazing... I was a fool to doubt my instincts even for a second," said the man as he regained his breath. "That hourglass was just a test, little girl, to see how far you are on the road between the Describable and the Indescribable. It represents nothing but a challange, an obstacle to overcome and for you to have passed it so easily," continued the man, standing up. "I will now teach you everything from the beginning, little girl. I will tell you how to read Forver, and how to make a book like that on your own, I will tell you of the third world, and guide you so that you may be completely free of this world, like me. Yes, little girl, your talent is a rare one indeed, and it would be a waste to let those who stand on the side of the Describable possess it," said the man, then started drawing symbols onto the pages of the notebook.

"Here, these are the patterns you should be looking for when you are trying to read Forver," said the man, handing the notebook to Chiemi. "Please study those until I come back, little girl. The fun has just started," said the man, stepping towards the door.

She had modestly smiled to herself for a mere couple seconds before looking over the characters inscribed on the page. She raised her head to the door, her expression bordering between curiosity and a slight confusion. "I will. Where are you going, though?" Her hands rested on the page, small digits seeming to naturally trace the characters as she looked back down to the book. Just a basic way to memorize them, she guessed.
The girl wasn't worried of her safety while she was left alone in the house; it seemed important for him to leave, after all. The book and its symbols could use more attention than the distraction of hiding from anyone.

"While I am no expert on women's clothes, little girl, you are obviously lacking a proper attire, and even though this house is safe, we must be seen in public eventually. Staying in one place for too long makes us predictable, but do not worry, for I will not be gone for long. And if anybody dares to touch you, Forver and its partners have been given an order to protect you," said the man as he opened the door. "I will be seeing you in some time, little girl."

And with that, he closed the door behind himself, then started concentrating on his surroundings, but detected nothing. Knowing that the house would be safe for a while, he slammed his palms together, visualised his destination, then disappeared into a cloud of red lights.

She nodded to the man as he left, and watched the images on the paper for a moment. She wondered how a few books could protect her at all. She obviously hadn't any idea about much of the man's information. What exactly was the book, anyways? It had to be under an enchantment of some kind. If only she could figure out how to work it... Letting out a brief exhale of air she flipped the page back and forth. The characters hadn't been too hard to remember, so she just looked from it to a blank page, quickly bored. She crossed her arms and listened to the sound of a clock ticking. "This could be a long hour or two... or five..."

Inside the house, minutes passed by slowly, as if they were hours, and the ticking of the clock seemed to be slower and slower, and eventually, it grinded to a halt. Time froze for a blink of an eye, for just a millisecond, yet this instant was so clear to everything in the room that even the books could feel it. An invisible wind blew through the shelves, stirring up some book's pages, and Forver suddenly forced itself into the hand of the girl, cutting into her delicate palms with its sharp edges, then opened up on a certain page, exactly in the middle of the seemingly infinite book. This action caused the other books on the shelves to let out a truly Indescribable growl, one that bordered on the human hearing range, yet encompassed all of it.

Before Chiemi could read what was written in Forver, though, a loud noise came from the basement below, and the ground shook, causing her to lose her balance. There was definitely something down there, something huge.

She fell to the floor suddenly, the earlier silence of the house being disrupted by the extreme force downstairs. She felt her hand sting and shook it slightly as she saw the papercut had drawn blood. She pulled herself up with the chair and looked to the stairs, eyes narrowed. Her thoughts were annoyed as she inched along the wall, hiding behing a tall drawer as she watched the darkness below. Lovely safe house you have here, Moira. You forgot to mention the monster living in the basement. She huffed. And I thought this would be boring.

Silence returned to the mansion as the clock kept ticking with indifference, each second lasting just as long as the previous one. It was as if nothing had happened a few seconds before, as if the loud noise and the shaking was an illusion. But the books on the shelves knew better, and they watched the way to the basement with restless, eyeless stares. In the centre of it all was Forver, the book of the man calling himself Moira, which was now flipping its own pages, filling them with the names of forbidden lexicons. It was gathering the power of every single word in the house into one place, however, the thing in the basement still did not move.

After many minutes of tense piece, the books went to sleep again, with Forver grinding to a halt exactly at its middle. Its pages had a clear image engraved on it now: it was a woman, more machine than human, lying on the floor, near a huge piece of metal, looking like if she was barely alive. The picture clearly depicted a dark place, somewhere far away from light, but what could be made out of the background suggested there was a staircase leading somewhere above the dark room.

Her hand grapped the book named Forver, and her eyes narrowed. She stared at the image for a long moment, before straightening. Stairs. These stairs? She glanced to them. What exactly is in the basement...? Hurriedly, she pushed herself from behind the shelf, swiftly, almost floating in her steps, and made her way to the open space of the basements entrance. Her mind raced. My mind must be fooling me. I'm misinterpreting the message. But... I cant be sure, can I? Unless I see it empty. Or occupied by a beast. Whichever. With a sharp breath she made her way down into the basement, prepared to meet the beast who made the house shudder so violently before.

The basement was filled with unnatural, pitch black darkness, which carried a faint, nauseating, truly Indescribable smell with it, and even though one could barely smell it, it made the air seem like water. Even Chiemi found breathing difficult, nearly suffocating as she descended the stars, but once she reached the bottom, the smell was gone. Slowly, but surely, the lights in the room started powering up, lifting the shroud of unnatural darkness, but in turn, obscuring her way back. As Chiemi's eyes adjusted to the still dim atmosphere, she noticed that the basement seemed to stretch into infinity.

A sharp, pained moan interrupted the uncomfortable silence of the room, and when Chiemi looked at its source, she saw a near-perfect replica of the picture in Forver. There was a woman lying on the floor, her right hand and left leg made out of complicated machinery, her figure obscured by small bits of armour. She had long, brown hair, but she was facing away from Chiemi, so the girl could not see her face. However, it was obvious that she was the one who made the noise: a metallic panel was near the woman, its edges coloured by a red liquid, and when the girl strained her eyes, she could see a puddle of blood slowly forming on the ground around the woman.