Little Chi-chan.

"I dont think I have a choice, honestly." She exhaled deeply, summoning the words she could use to describe the place.

"It's actually a somwhat large city, but most civilians are reduced to beggars on the streets. That center building, there," she pointed to a structure, obviously larger than the other houses around, "is an institute. The town.. owner, king, ruler... whatever occupation he has in this town, runs the place. They take anyone who seems a bit different there; mentally, physically, and hold them there. Of course, I was sent into it. Some were insane, some just had something odd with them. They were dubbed the evil, the demons, of Onikado. They did this to find the ones who truly were evil, but of course the things that go on only create insanity in the weak. Mindless brutes. Only some are really evil. Those are who they seek out to destroy. They've all been dubbed as 'Voids.' Are you following?"

The man listened to Chiemi's tale, and nodded, sitting down on one of the chairs, and motioning her to do the same.

"I see, little girl. So, which group did you belong to, the ones who were odd, the ones who were insane, the ones who were strange, or the ones who seemed to be strange or insane, or were not? Because surely, you do not belong to the evil kind, or you would have already tried to end me," asked the man, not even questioning her story, as if it was not out of the ordinary. "Or maybe you were entirely... different?" he asked, shooting a glance directly at the doll Chiemi held in her hands.

It let the girl hold its vessel on her arms, gently pressing closer to the girl's body. Meanwhile, it kept on "seeing" the man. It could hardly contain its excitement as the man seemed to notice it as well.

Onikado. A name the two kept on saying again and again. A name of place which held significance on them. For it, though, it was just that. A name. A word which could be changed how many times it desired. A name held not meaning for it anyway, just like what the man had said.

However, it did have a name. Name given by those shivering upon it.

Once more, the man stole a glance at its vessel. No, not toward red stitched X's which served as its vessel's "eyes". It looked at it directly. Piercing through lies and deceit.

It looked back at him. Grinning. It sent him the image.

A mask as white as marble. Two pronged spheres imitating eyes of blue and golden. Unchanging grin which caused insanity in the mind of unfaithful.

It could no longer held its excitement, thus it started moving.

Its vessel moved, the doll in shape of a cat of black-and-white patches. This time it wasn't a slight move. Its vessel threw its "arms" upward and rotated its "head" so the red stitched X's were "looking" toward the man.

"Meow~" it sounded. Its vessel meowed. Itself, it grinned.

Apart from the meow, another sound existed which could only be heard by the man if he paid attention. It was a scream. A wail so terrifying it numbed the mind of unfaithful.

However, within the screams one could understand what it said. Words forming in one's mind unrelated to how the screams sounded.

「Intriguing, human. Or should I not call you that?」

A mask as white as marble. Two pronged spheres imitating eyes of blue and golden. Unchanging grin which caused insanity in the mind of unfaithful.

It "looked" at him mocking, yet at the same time praising.

She simply looked to the doll, her young eyes unfased, nor appearing to mind the sudden movement it made the strange voice it bore. Amidst it she placed a hand on her possessions head, gently petting it. She'd seen worse. It still comforted her to have the doll, no, that was simply the vessel of it's being. She had always enjoyed when the soul was near her.

"What's the sudden energy for?" She muttered softly, intentionally avoiding the man's question. She was curious anyways. Why is this man so intruiging that it would show itself so openly? He was a strange one indeed, but it was odd for the vessel to be so active. As she said, she's known strange, it wasn't a big issue to her.

Trusting them was a completely different matter. Even now she wasn't certain she could share any more with Moira. She was raised that way, everyone for themselves, everyone stabbing everyone else in the back, trickery and deceit is a common way of life. At least it was in that institute.

The man noticed the doll changing its position, but did not react to it. He heard the sound it made, but he did not even flinch, he recieved the image the doll sent him, and saw it clearly in his mind, yet, he still did not react, watching how Chiemi would respond to the doll moving. To the man's surprise, she was not frightened, instead, she patted the doll on the head, addressing the doll, and to this, the man smiled. It was a genuine smile, but it was one that came from excitement, not happiness, it was one, that for a second, mirrored the insanity of the doll, yet that second was so brief, so unnoticable.

"Little girl... You are an interesting one. I was right to be intrigued by you, and you were right to captivate me," said the man with a hint of extasy in his voice. "But what is it that makes you so hesitant about telling me of this place? What makes you think about your words, rather than just opening the floodgates and telling me everything?" asked the man, still keeping his eyes on the doll, and then, pure terror shined in his eyes for a brief second, sending incomprehensible thoughs, concepts, ideas, words and emotions towards it, materialising as a message.

「You are not quite human yourself, nameless one, who has the privilege of being protected by a seemingly innocent soul.

The doll purred like a cat, although not as lively as the real thing. It rubbed its head lovingly toward her hand. Satisfied. Its movement ceased, as of now its "arms" fell down to its initial state which was hanging down from the girl's hugging arm. Its red stitched X's, however, remained locked into Moira's eyes.

It jerked with excitement.

Another scream echoed for the man and the man only. The same scream which one could understand what it said. Words forming in one's mind unrelated to how the screams sounded.

「I do have a name, human. I shall gladly give mine when you gave me yours」

Moira wasn't the only thing which intrigued it now. The place named Onikado, leaving the lips of the two, started to perk its interest. Mainly, the reason for this girl's hesitation of saying its name. This girl which it only recently took notice of even when it had slept within the vessel so long.

"Is that really of your concern, Moira? It is not important who or what I may be. You have yet to answer my question, either. How did they make the connection that you were involved with me?"

She watched him, the unreadable face she wore so well, unchanging. She continued to stroke the top of her purring companion's head as if she had alaways done so. Why would she 'open the floodgates' now? She hadn't ever trusted anyone completely, and she had only just met the man. True, he provided shelter, but why would he need to know every detail about her? I could likely have been far away from Onikado by now. How safe could this place really be, anyways?

Aside all doubt, she didnt care much for speaking so much about herself anyways. It's just a pointless introduction, most could find out on their own what she was like.

The man understood the doll's message. It was clearer than crystal to him, yet he chose to ignore it for the time being, to pay attention to the girl. However, before he begun to speak, his book began to rattle wildly against it chains, and taking notice of that, he quickly opened them, to which the book flung open immediately, and lines started appearing on its pages with incomprehensible speed. But the man understood every single character written, every single word, and every single sentence. This went on for several seconds, for several hundred, if not thousand pages, before the book stopped on a certain one.

"I see, Forver," said the man, leaving the book open as he put it down on the table, near the other two books. "I am sorry for the interruption, little girl, but when it does that, it is usually not advised to leave it alone... Now, little girl, to answer your question, I am curious about your nature, because you intrigue me, and not many living beings are capable of doing that. To add to your importance, you, little girl, are definitely different, even if you do not admit it. You are quite close to being... Indescribable," said the man, putting a strange emphasis on the word indescribable as if it meant something to him.

"And to answer your second question, little girl... Regardless of their actual nature, people will always jump to conclusion. Let us accept that, and move on, little girl, for I am really curious. Will you satiate my hunger for knowledge?"

「And as for you, nameless one, that name will do, for names hold power, and as powerful beings ourselves, we can not afford to spare power.

Said the flashing terror in the man's eyes.

She sighed at the short speech and rested her chin on her hands, giving up. Peering up at him, she gave the most blunt answer she could.

"I dont know. All I do, is survive. I don't care to know, and I can't just classify myself."

It was indeed the truth. Not that she never wondered, she was never told and she had gotten used to the idea of not knowing. Surely someone knows, and they'll cross paths eventually. So she just waits.

"I hate to dissapoint you, but I know nothing of the sort."

For a second, a shadow passed over the man's face, but it disappeared in just a blink of an eye. Without missing a beat, he took his large book, which he called Forver, and opened it on the beginning, while still looking at Chiemi. He then drew a strange symbol with his fingers onto the page, something that warped the world around it: an eight-point star, which was a circle. Slowly, characters started to appear on the page, impossible, ridiculous characters from a language that could not be comprehended by any human, a language that the man could read perfectly well. After he finished admiring the page, he turned the book towards Chiemi so that she could read the characters.

"My instincts are rarely wrong, little girl, but this encounter might be one of the occasions when they lied to me," said the man. "If you say you do not know what you are, then you are probably not the one I expected you to be, however, you may be one who is quite similar. Tell me, little girl, can you comprehend the meaning of these words written on this page, can you understand what has Forver written into itself?" asked the man, waiting patiently for the answer.

She studied it for a moment, vaguely understanding. Not a certain message, but they seemed familiar. The characters did have meaning to her, and her mind processed a message. "I'm not certain..." She admitted, not taking her eyes from the message. "It's a clouded memory, bu tI recognize such characters..."

"So you say you know these characters, but you are unsure of their meaning?" asked the man as he watched Chiemi trying to interpret his book's words. "While that is not a wonderful start, little girl, at least I now know that my instincts were not trying to decieve me when they directed me to you. And as far as you go, little girl, I probably know more of you than you know of yourself... At least, for now," said the man, then let the book go, which started floating in the air. "You may study it for as long as you like, little girl, but do not look at it if it starts writing into itself," said the man while standing up, then took another book off the shelves.

It was one quite similar to the book he called Forver, but it was held together by even more shackles, thick, steel bars, which seemed to literally suffocate it. There was no way to open this one's cage, though, for every single one of the bars was welded together with inhuman precision, with inhuman strength, with inhuman insanity, but they still allowed for a faint glimpse of the Incomprehensible to pass through them.

"Well, little girl, if you think you have understood the words at last, feel free to tell me what you learned from Forver. I have my own business to attend to," said the man as he closed the two world maps, put them back on the shelves, and then took the book behind steel bars into both of his hands, holding it between his palms.

She stared for a moment before suddenly reaching an epiphany. The words had gathered in her mind and she stood up with absolute certainty. Her eyes seemed somewhat different now.. the change was undescribable, however. She only appeared to be more collected, yet darkened with her own discovery.

"I know whom you looked to me as, this being is a... distant relative. Even as I occupy the vessel of a child, there is reason for the hunt that I must obliterate, and I will do so on my own. I believe it may be best if I was removed from your care."

She tightened her hold on her doll. The situation at hand was her own; she was nearly sure she required no assistance from Moira. He was still but a stranger to her, even if she had learned more of him now.

"I am glad that you came to the correct conclusion, little girl, but I must inform you, that continuing on your own is impossible," said the man without even glancing at Chiemi, as he was concentrating on the book between his palms. "Those, who walk only their own path perish quickly, and are welcomed by the eternal laughter of the afterlife. But those who rely on others, and use their strength as if their own will survive for thousands of years, continuing to live because others give their life for them. While I am not one of those who would give their life for you, little girl, you could certainly use some of my help," said the man, then something clicked, and a black line appeared on all of the steel bars, which then unrolled themselves into nothing.

The man quickly caught the falling book, then turned towards Chiemi.

"So, how about it, little girl? What do you want your destiny to be? One of eternal life, or one of eternal pain?"

"You influence me, Moira." She sighed, once again feeling he may be right. "It's a little unnerving."

"What is it you intend to do about this? Surely you, of all in this world, would have a plan. How would you help me? And as I remember, you were alone when we had met. Perhaps the notion of me staying is the same. As you say, one who walks only their own path will perish quickly. Do you require my prescence? I'm certain that observation is very wrong, however you've certainly survived on your own. And also," She looked to her doll, "I'm not exactly alone, am I?"

She was indeed correct on that statement. Her friend had awakened, and she wouldn't be the only one if she chose to split paths. But... this character only showed itself once the man was met. Would it stay with her if he was not there? No, she should not rely on Moira for such a thing. May it choose to leave her side, she would not be allowed to control it's decision.

You're worrying about nothing, she told herself, There is no need to rely on the outcome of such situations.

The doll squirmed in her hold. Not trying to run away, but as a reassurance for the girl that it was there; that it won't go away at the moment.

This time, however, It was sure that the girl had known Its presence. As the girl was also a vessel; the man, in a sense, as well. Proof of existence. It had already got so many from them.

It grinned from beneath Its mask. Excitement. No, it's more likely that It could feel nothing but excitement.

It screamed, this time for those two to hear. A scream which one could understand what it said. Words forming in one's mind unrelated to how the screams sounded.

「Either help or danger you will give, Mysterious One. However, keep in mind that I am here」

Its vessel's arm raised to touch the girl's as its red stitched X's turned to see her eyes.

"I may appear alone to you, little girl, but I am never short of allies, of connections, and most importantly, I am never short of control. You, little girl, do not have any of those, and are quite vulnerable, especially if you do not gather any control. While I can only offer myself as a connection, and an ally, once you have mastered your own abilities and got to know about your nature, you will have control. And with control come allies, and with allies come connections, more than you will ever need, and from connections comes control. It is a self-reinforcing cycle that will never end once started," said the man, then looked at the book between his hands, then at the doll, pretending that he had not noticed its message. He had far more important things to do now than to play mind-games with the creature possessing it.

"As to how will I get you to control yourself, little girl... I can not answer that. You are the only one who can discover the way to knowing your true nature, and you are the only one who can discover why you are so Indescribable. But to start on that road, you must first take this book from my hands, and then open it on a page. Any page will do, little girl, but once you have opened it, you have to prevent it from closing with all your strength, at least until the image it shows you is burned into your mind," said the man, then extended both of his hands towards the girl, gripping the book with an iron grip to keep it from opening accidentally.

She smiled at her companions gesture. It's presence had meant a lot to her, even before she had seen it's existance. It was her favorite. Her only trusted companion. No one else requires such a liberty, no one else would know any more than this vessel.

A hand gently stroked it's head, the warm colored irisis looking to it's stitched eyes. Excitement. Neverending Excitement. She found it nice, never unsettling. It was merely an assurance of joy. The smile she saw within, the crooked grin which caused insanity to others. Immune to such a notion, it would never effect her.

She then realized that it had never given a name. For now she could wait for the small detail. She nodded at the vessel's words.
"Thank you, my friend."

"Sure..." She sat her doll onto her shoulder before reaching out and taking a firm grasp of the book, travelling her fingers so both hands held both ends of its cover before forcing it open. The book was strong, she used all the energy she could to keep the object open, awaiting the blank page for the appearance of the image he had spoken of. A black haze began to show, twisting and changing it's shape, taking its time while still resisting the force holding it open.

Before her eyes the image had appeared; unexpectedly, the shapes it condoned caused a slight confusion in those warm eyes of hers. A smiling figure, made of black. The only characteristic it revealed were white, glowing eyes and a dark cloak. It resembled a reaper of sorts, its cloak of blackness unfurling about the page like wild flames. The image caused an odd flash in those eyes.

A shadow hung over her face and she ubrubtly shut the book, holding it out towards Moira for him to take back.

The man watched Chiemi as she kept the book open without even trembling at the sight, without flinching at the image she saw on the paper. He was a bit surprised at that, but he did not show it, and when he got the book back, he looked at its cover, then nodded slowly. After that, he took the book in betweeen his palms, and started concentrating, which caused thick, steel bars to appear around it, hiding the book's details from the human eye. When the steel bars locked the book's covers, the man put it back to the shelf where it belonged, grabbed the book he called Forver, and started turning its pages.

"So, little girl, tell me what you have seen in the book, which Indescribable event has unfolded before you, which shape, which weapon, which eyes, which mask looked back at you with piercing stares?" asked the man as he continued turning page after page.