LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Online availability depends entirely on what is going on in life. I have a kindergartener, a baby on the way, and I'm the spouse to an officer, meaning without me, the house becomes a fallout warzone. On top of all of that, I write for work as well as for fun...so work tends to come first.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy and Sci-Fi are my two major favorites. However, I tend to be quite the picky player. I prefer an RP with a great deal of development...the world, the lore, everything. And for those GMs looking for help with lore, I love to world build!

• [btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/light-up-the-dragons-eyes-a-dragon-rider-rp.155776/]Sign-Ups // OOC[/btn]

The dragon riders have just found their dragons and are being teleported mysteriously to the ruined city of Ranas, where they have come to meet the mythical Priestesses of Kallydrana. With their new dragons at their sides, these young varonians must learn to cope with each other and their newfound destiny.

Day One of training - the riders have already begun to show their power in the ways of Arcanus as well as their prowess - of lack there of, for some - with their individual weapons. Now, we look towards Elements and the first chance that the young riders have to get to know one another, besides personal hours.

• Chapter20One20Symbol.png

Chosen
    The story begins simply for most. A simple journey leading to a strange and life-changing find. It starts with a dream of a whisper or a song. A beautiful voice carried on the threads of the subconscious, wielding words of prophecy ringing deep within the soul of the one hearing it. Each dream is different, be it whispered on a breeze on a sunny day, among storm clouds amidst a nightmare, or from a beautiful woman, strong and fair. No matter the dream, the words are the same for each. And with each dream comes an epic find soon after.

Darkness dwells in the heart of One
    Casting eyes far from the Sun
    Down upon the dragons' Glow
    Hatred behind his awful Blow

Golden minds twisted and Dark
    Seek to satisfy their selfish Hunger
    Worshiped by the worst of Souls
    If not stopped, t'will bring the End

In the hearts of Some shall find
    The Seed that oft' gets left behind
    With Minds of Ihnikxia bound Pure and Strong
    Love shall take hold and Right all the Wrong

As each dragon is found by its chosen rider, just as foretold in the prophetic words uttered in each dream, their minds become one in an ancient and sacred ritual known as the Pact, bonding the two souls together as a single unit. This wave of raw Arcana can be felt by all, if only for a moment, and upon reaching the climax and succeeding in merging their souls together, each new pair finds themselves standing at a fountain of shining black stone. Standing in the very center of this fountain is a pair of perfectly symmetrical dragons - not like any of the dragons standing here, but much more regal...almost royal in appearance. Their heads held high, maws open in silent roars, crystal clear water spewing from them, they hold their talons together between them, and sitting at the very top is what appears to be a black gemstone roughly the same size and shape as the eggs some of the new dragons just hatched from.

"Welcome to Ranas," a familiar voice will say, "You have a great destiny before you." Three beautiful women will appear from behind this strange fountain, each with black hair, fair skin, and dressed in the finest of white silks. They will bow to each of the young riders as they appear and show the new pairs to their new homes, explaining along the way what is happening to them.

"We know you have many questions for us," the leader will speak again, showing each individual pair to a room already marked with their names, "And in time, those questions will be answered. For now, know that you are safe. Know that nothing and no one will harm you here. All will be explained shortly. For now, get comfortable."

Ranas, a city of legend, said to be destroyed during the Great War over a thousand years ago. And yet, the riders see no ruins near them. Perhaps this part of the city simply remained in tact. And yet, women said to have been destroyed have just spoken to each pair. The night air carries with it the chill of the mountains - mountains no one has ever seen. Something is awfully strange, and yet nothing has been answered. Nothing but what was on each rider's person was brought with them.

Now, all that can be done is sleep. For the morning will bring answers and possibly new friendships. But it will also bring more questions and hardships. It is up to each rider to accept them. After all, with hardship comes something never before imagined - dragons.

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Eli and Tyrale, goldenrod, solid, 10, Book Antiqua"]
Eli was happy to see his friend-at least he considered Tahvo his friend, and he assumed that Tahvo considered the same-came to join him. Tyrale noticed how Fierro stayed away, as usual, and a soft sigh passed the ruby's maw as he turned his head away. Tyrale tried not to take it so personally, since Fierro seemed often antisocial with the other dragons as well, but he still couldn't help but feel a specific detest towards his direction whenever the red did, indeed, feel the rare chance to glance his way. Tyrale could never get to the bottom of the cause, however, since Fierro refused to speak let alone acknowledge him.

"I haven't the faintest idea." Eli replied to Tahvo. "I mean... We're in the middle of a forest! I like the forest and all, but this forest doesn't feel...natural." His emerald green eyes moved too look out to the menacing trees that surrounded them, looking as if he believed he was about to be whisked away at any moment. "It's like something is out there...waiting... I don't like it. Even the trees don't look normal. They're so....big! Huge! Massive!" His eyes strained to peer at the top of the closest tree to them. "We can see the sky, and yet it feels so far away..."

Even the shadows were unnatural, lurking behind the trees like phantoms, so thick that Eli couldn't see a thing beyond them. Hiding who-knew-what, just waiting for it's first victim to draw near and snatch them in a vice grip, pulling them deeper and deeper into the darkness like the hungry maw of a bottomless beast that sought to feast upon any it came upon. Just looking out into the forest made the fear return, made Eli forget who was there and of the light, and so he quickly turned his head away. The light around them pushed away the dark that threatened to consume them, offering once more it's peaceful and calming aura to wash away the fear that threatened to take over, and Eli basked in it's embrace. The fear was still there... A cold, dead lump that spread it's fog of terror like a disease through his system, sickening and making him ill of it's overwhelming presence that never seemed to go away. Not even for a second. But for now it was sated and calm, the light a barrier to keep the darkness at bay, luring it to a gentle sleep where it only made small stirs in his heart.

His gaze once more listed towards the others.
"Do you think we should all stay together?" He asked. "Or perhaps stay in smaller groups? I really don't think any of us should separate at all and go out there alone. Even with our dragons." He normally did not keep company such as Wreaver and Rykker, though he knew for a fact that both were very capable in a fight, and Emelyn he was sure had some special skills he wasn't aware of yet. But then again, a huge group could attract too much attention and be harder to move around, making them a bigger target, though whatever was out there was probably already making them a target.

Besides, they were all Dragon Riders, right? They had to work together. They were a team. Sure they may not get along, but weren't all teams like that at first? He did not want to try to avoid people that he may think might be best avoided, because this wasn't what they were called upon for. Why would they all be chosen if some folk here might have bad intentions? Everyone had their own reasons and beliefs, but that did not necessarily make them bad. Some may be selfish, sure, but not bad. He had to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and even though he and Rykker had met on bad terms, the guy had at least tried to fix it. That didn't make him bad. Right? He didn't believe Wreaver was a bad guy either. They just didn't understand each other. They all had to try to understand one another, if they were going to be a team, someone just had to take the first step towards that direction. Someone had to open up and offer that accepting hand. After all, Emelyn seemed to be doing that.

Eli could try too.

He moved over towards the small group, putting on his friendly smile, and offered a little wave.
"Wreaver, Rykker, and Emelyn!" He greeted. "Looks like we're all here. Well... Except for a few of us..." He didn't bother to name them. He was sure that they all had noticed. "We were trying to decide what to do from here. It doesn't seem like the Cats are gonna help us further except be the 'Guiding Light' as they have said. I thought it might work well to stick together, even if it's in smaller groups. What do you guys think? Any ideas?"

[/fieldbox]

[dash=grey][Fieldbox=Calina & Kilyria, red] [dash=white]
Calina smiled softly at the sarcasm in Eli's voice pointing out that they were indeed dragon riders. "True, but we believed that dragons were extinct, that at one point they had actually existed, but felines? Felines had always been creatures only of lore and myth." she replied, frowning softly as she realized that Ki had stayed behind and was talking to Tahvo. ~What are you up to, Ki?~ ~Nothing.~ Ki replied with a gesture she assumed was a dragon's wink. Her attention was directed back to the two in front of her ass Tyrale leaned over and nudged her gently. Calina smiled again as she reached up and patted the dragon's cheek in greeting, he really was a beautiful being, but in her eyes, Ki was the most beautiful creature on the planet. "Thank you Tyrale. I agree, I wonder why some of us, and not the others were selected." she said. It was then that Eli noticed Tahvo and Fierro and called them over. Cal didn't even tense. She had to be able to work with people, even if she was uncomfortable around them. She was glad when Ki followed suit and placed herself next to her again. ~What was that about?~ ~Just making sure they were fine. Tahvo didn't offer you the flower, Cal. That was all Fierro.~ ~He could have corrected me, but said nothing. This changes little. The fact that we have to work together doesn't mean I have to like it.~ she said as Tahvo and Eli conversed.

She noticed another man with them, Raijin? Didn't he have a sister? "Raijin, right? Are you okay?" She asked, aware only of his name. They had met a couple times in passing over the weeks of training, but she didn't really know him. Her gut wrenched with fear again as she looked out into the woods. Ki's presence calmed her slightly, but she wished she knew what the cause of this fear was; she didn't like it. She didn't even let it show on her face, but it was there, ever present. "Any idea where we are, or what we're supposed to do?"
@Soulserenity20 @DracoGale4 @Isho13

[/dash][/Fieldbox][/dash]

Ryyker looks up at Wreaver who got between him and Emelyn.
"You know Wreaver if you want a chance with a woman you can just say so, I have no intention of stealing every female dragon rider. Oh and your loner style isn't impressing any one espically not me." Ryyker said before moving forward while Orthrax took a interest in Drachma seeing the Death Dragon as a potientail mate in the future she walks next to Ryyker as the acid dripping from her kills every living plant around her making her seem like a Dark Angel of Decay. Ryyker then sees the cats and tilts his head in confusion as they start speaking after hearing what they said and Wreaver Ryyker shrugs. "Why not either this is just a illusion by the priest or a test and this creatures are helping."

Ryyker then turned his gaze to Eli. "Maybe two groups would work that way we have two dragons and two riders together, that means no one would be completely alone and the group wouldn't be too big."

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Eli and Tyrale, goldenrod, solid, 10, Book Antiqua"]
Though the clearing and the light the Felines provided helped to make Eli feel secure and safe, he did not want to linger in that forest any longer, and actually found himself longing for his bed back at the Temple. It was a funny thing considering the Temple had only been his home for about only a week, and yet he already found himself becoming accustom to it, though perhaps it was because it's luxuries were far more than he ever received back on the farm. His bigger and comfier bed with many pillows was definitely more appealing than his rigidly cot. Not that he was ungrateful for it, he was happy to have a bed at all, they just never had the money to afford anything more comfortable. Still, he would even trade his new bed for his cot if it would get him out of this forest.

It was almost as though the shadows beyond the trees were secretly trying to reach into their little sanctuary, but the light would scare their hands away, preventing any entry. It still felt as though eyes were watching Eli wherever he moved, making him want to fidget in place, but he resisted. He forced his mind to stop running wild with his imagination and to calm himself, taking deep and even breaths through his nose, till he could feel his nerves begin to calm. At Rykker's question, Eli's brow furrowed slightly and he actually frowned. Though he had a good point, he still was not sure about this. After all, he and Raijin had already been traveling together, so what would be the point to come here only to set out on their own again?

"I don't know." He answered honestly. "It's too risky. I know that there would be two of us, and therefor two dragons, but then what if one group finds a way out but cannot get a hold of the others? The dragons, or at least Tyrale, said that this place is full of some kind of magic. They cannot fly above the trees, and so I doubt that if we tried firing some kind of signal in the air, no one will be able to see it. I don't even know if we can use our magic to communicate each other telepathically like we do with our dragons. We have no sure way of getting hold of each other from a far distance, unless the Cats have some kind of way." He added, gesturing to the Felines in the center of the clearing.

{Staying together may be ideal.} Tyrale spoke within the minds of Raijin, Calina, Wreaver, Emelyn, Tahvo, Rykker, and their dragons. All the while releasing a huge yawn, his jaws parting to reveal rows of pearly white teeth. He slowly settled his heavy body onto the ground, curling up his legs beneath him as his tail moved to wrap around himself, his pure obsidian eyes peering at them all sleepily. {This is a matter up for everyone to discuss, and perhaps soon. Something tells me that we can not be lingering here for long, or at least the longer we are here, the longer we are kept from home. Whatever you decide, do so soon.} He let out another yawn before coiling his neck and rested his head over one of his forelegs, his heavy lids already closing over his eyes. {Wake me up when you have decided.} He told Eli privately.

{How can you even sleep in a place like this?} Eli asked, flabbergasted, yet the great ruby dragon was already fast asleep with his sides inflating from his deep breaths, before deflating at every exhale. It always amazed Eli had one moment his dragon could be discussing and socializing so excitedly, only to fall fast asleep wherever he stood in the next moment, uncaring where he took his nap. Even in a dreadful and frightening forest such as this.

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Bitterblue
Status
Not open for further replies.