LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Online availability depends entirely on what is going on in life. I have a kindergartener, a baby on the way, and I'm the spouse to an officer, meaning without me, the house becomes a fallout warzone. On top of all of that, I write for work as well as for fun...so work tends to come first.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy and Sci-Fi are my two major favorites. However, I tend to be quite the picky player. I prefer an RP with a great deal of development...the world, the lore, everything. And for those GMs looking for help with lore, I love to world build!

• [btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/light-up-the-dragons-eyes-a-dragon-rider-rp.155776/]Sign-Ups // OOC[/btn]

The dragon riders have just found their dragons and are being teleported mysteriously to the ruined city of Ranas, where they have come to meet the mythical Priestesses of Kallydrana. With their new dragons at their sides, these young varonians must learn to cope with each other and their newfound destiny.

Day One of training - the riders have already begun to show their power in the ways of Arcanus as well as their prowess - of lack there of, for some - with their individual weapons. Now, we look towards Elements and the first chance that the young riders have to get to know one another, besides personal hours.

• Chapter20One20Symbol.png

Chosen
    The story begins simply for most. A simple journey leading to a strange and life-changing find. It starts with a dream of a whisper or a song. A beautiful voice carried on the threads of the subconscious, wielding words of prophecy ringing deep within the soul of the one hearing it. Each dream is different, be it whispered on a breeze on a sunny day, among storm clouds amidst a nightmare, or from a beautiful woman, strong and fair. No matter the dream, the words are the same for each. And with each dream comes an epic find soon after.

Darkness dwells in the heart of One
    Casting eyes far from the Sun
    Down upon the dragons' Glow
    Hatred behind his awful Blow

Golden minds twisted and Dark
    Seek to satisfy their selfish Hunger
    Worshiped by the worst of Souls
    If not stopped, t'will bring the End

In the hearts of Some shall find
    The Seed that oft' gets left behind
    With Minds of Ihnikxia bound Pure and Strong
    Love shall take hold and Right all the Wrong

As each dragon is found by its chosen rider, just as foretold in the prophetic words uttered in each dream, their minds become one in an ancient and sacred ritual known as the Pact, bonding the two souls together as a single unit. This wave of raw Arcana can be felt by all, if only for a moment, and upon reaching the climax and succeeding in merging their souls together, each new pair finds themselves standing at a fountain of shining black stone. Standing in the very center of this fountain is a pair of perfectly symmetrical dragons - not like any of the dragons standing here, but much more regal...almost royal in appearance. Their heads held high, maws open in silent roars, crystal clear water spewing from them, they hold their talons together between them, and sitting at the very top is what appears to be a black gemstone roughly the same size and shape as the eggs some of the new dragons just hatched from.

"Welcome to Ranas," a familiar voice will say, "You have a great destiny before you." Three beautiful women will appear from behind this strange fountain, each with black hair, fair skin, and dressed in the finest of white silks. They will bow to each of the young riders as they appear and show the new pairs to their new homes, explaining along the way what is happening to them.

"We know you have many questions for us," the leader will speak again, showing each individual pair to a room already marked with their names, "And in time, those questions will be answered. For now, know that you are safe. Know that nothing and no one will harm you here. All will be explained shortly. For now, get comfortable."

Ranas, a city of legend, said to be destroyed during the Great War over a thousand years ago. And yet, the riders see no ruins near them. Perhaps this part of the city simply remained in tact. And yet, women said to have been destroyed have just spoken to each pair. The night air carries with it the chill of the mountains - mountains no one has ever seen. Something is awfully strange, and yet nothing has been answered. Nothing but what was on each rider's person was brought with them.

Now, all that can be done is sleep. For the morning will bring answers and possibly new friendships. But it will also bring more questions and hardships. It is up to each rider to accept them. After all, with hardship comes something never before imagined - dragons.

Last edited:

The morning was cold with the chill of the night and the whole world seemed to shutter in the still, dead air. The flock of sheep speckled the hills before him, little spots of black, brown, and white, moving lazily about the grassy knolls. The fresh air had always brought him comfort but today even it made him feel uneasy. He didn't like large events, major happenings, or much of any sort of adventure. He'd suffered enough of the unexpected in his youth and now wished only for a predictable life, safe, boring. People with boring lives didn't need heroes, didn't need to be heroes.

But then, his life had been normal, and predictable the Fiery Rain had fallen upon his home. Maybe every needed a hero.

Sighing deeply, he glanced at a nearby ridge where a bit of movement caught his attention. Miikan's dusty brown hair bobbled over the horizon before the rest of his figure followed suit. The boy's thick mane was a wavy mess, tied back with a strip of cotton that pressed against his forehead. His tanned skin and dark eyes made gave him a foreign look, but he was born in Badova and would probably always stay in Badova. He didn't look like an outsider. Raijin walked towards his friend, tossing his staff to the other man before ducking and jolting to the side before kicking Miikan's legs out, landing him on the cool grass.

"You won't get far with form like that, brother. Varon save you if you're ever put into battle." He laughed lightly as he helped the other man up. Miikan was a strong lad, bigger than Raijin could ever have hoped. Even with his years of training, he never bulked up the way Miikan did. He was lean and slender by nature, much like his mother, and while he sometimes envied Miikan for his masculine form, Rai often took comfort in knowing he looked a lot like his mother.

"Not all of us live in the delusion that war lingers on the horizon, you arse. All that warrior training is nothing but an old custom. It's of no use to you, me, or anyone else. So give it a rest then eh, or I won't be watching your sheep as a gracious favor after all." He lunged forward jokingly, flicking Rai in the gut with his own staff. "You'll not want to keep Umira and Suki waiting. Get on then."

Rai smiled and turned away, jogging across the grass towards the hill Miikan had appeared from, towards the nearby village he now called him. "And tell Suki I'm still waiting for her to say yes to being my date to the Flower Festival!"

Rai laughed out loud as he continued running, waving his hand over his head as if to dismiss his friend's ridiculous request. As if Suki would ever date a knucklehead like Miikan Harborn.

As he passed through the low valley that connected the fields with the village, he nodded brief hellos to any and all he chanced to pass, weaving his way through the slowly waking streets. It only took him 10 minutes to get home. He took the same path every time, the one with the least people, the least interruptions. The smell of meat pie drifted through the air and only made him move faster. He usually got only a fresh chunk of bread and some cheese for breakfast, never getting a hot meal until dinner. Up at 3 to check the flock, then back home to bake before venturing out into the hills for the day by 6, he never got a warm breakfast. But today was different. Suki had heard rumors around town that the villagers had decided the twins should go to the Temple. Not just any temple though, the temple. The Temple of Partheus. The Solar half of the Sky Twins. There was some kind of old legend floating around for the last millennia that a pair of twins would be the first to be welcomed back into the arms of the gods, by means of the temple. A foolish rumor to believe indeed, but when Umira had come been heard discussing it, somehow the twins began taking the idea more seriously.

Pushing open the old, wooden door to their home, Rai looked around the quiet front room. "Suki?"

The night prior had been cold, silent darkness only broken by the light of the smallest moon, full and unhindered by its sister moons. The village of Badova lay nestled quietly between the sister towers, the gray tower seeming to glow beneath the stars as the tan towered high above it, dull and unmoving. Suki stood before the tan tower, having climbed the stairs for the millionth time since she and her brother had arrived in the village so many years ago. She stared at the doors, both curious and uncertain of what they had in store for her.

The claims of the villagers during each festival had led the young woman to believe that, one day, she and her brother would open these doors. Yet, every time she had come to present herself, she found them shut as tight as the mountains. Above them sat the figures of strange, wingless dragons, staring in disappointment down at her - or at least, that's what she had seen written on their faces. She let her fingers brush against the doorway, feeling the thick inscription in an unknown language. The Elders said that the words named the temple, "Temple of Industrin - Only the Worthy May Enter." Those who had heard the legends said the dragons called the world Industrin, meaning the Father of All. They said his true name was Partheus. That was why they had decided to make a sister temple, to represent Inhalla, the Mother of All. Kallydrana was her name. Suki knew about her, but she wasn't sure she could believe such things about her being the sole creator of the entire world. One race, like Varon, she could understand. But the entire world? Suki questioned all sorts of things when it came to the gods, whether those gods by the Kalidyrre that many of the villagers have accepted in their religions, or Varon, the almighty God of Varonians. Raijin was always teasing her for such silly things, but still she could not understand why he couldn't question Varon, too.

Sighing, she rested her head against the still-sealed door. "Who am I kidding? A couple of twins who lost their home to dragonfire could never be worthy of entering. Tomorrow is going to be such a joke." Still, she couldn't shake the feeling that something would be different then. As she lifted her head, she could have sworn she had seen a flash of gold. Yet when she focused her eyes on the two dragon figures above the door, nothing had changed. Giving one more sigh, she turned away and made her way back down the stairs of the mighty pedestal and back to her small home, where her brother and guardian, Umira, slept. Curling up on her cot, she let herself fall asleep and dream the strangest of dreams.

She awoke the next morning a little later than usual. Rai was already gone and would be home soon enough to do as the villagers had asked of them. Today would be the day that they both came to the doors of the Temple of the Sun to seek entry. Today, like all other days, they would be turned away. Because that's what always happened.

Dressing herself, Suki made her way into the main room and began putting on her boots. The songbirds of spring had already begun to sing their lovely melodies, and she knew that if she didn't get going soon, a great deal of sunlight would be wasted on her own worry instead of being used to gather the herbs requested by one of the village healers. As she slipped on the last boot, she heard her brother's voice and turned towards him with a gentle smile. "Good morning, Raijin. Miikan didn't give you too much trouble today, did he?"

Raijin looked to the doorway where Suki was crouched, pulling on one of her boots and he dipped into a low bow, his palms meeting before his chest as he did so.

"Sister."

It was a brief gesture and seemed no more out of place than a nod or a wave, and yet this was unusual, for other people, at least. Raijin had always bowed to his mother and father. It was simply how he was raised, to continually humble himself before his family, and through them, his ancestors. Respect for his elders and ancestry was a core aspect of his culture. When his parents and his entire culture disappeared, however, he oddly redirected the attention of his respects to his sister. Somehow, at the tender age of 6, Raijin had decided in the corners of his mind, that Suki should be respected, and worshiped to some degree, as the sole remnant of his family, and his people. Besides himself, she alone could carry on the ancestry of his people, and honor his ancestors through procreation. So while he didn't worship the ground she worked on, per say, he offered her the simple, but unusual respect of the filial piety he had once offered his parents. Umira was offered the same courtesy, for she was the savior of their lineage. Without her, the Imeara bloodline would have died out entirely.

Moving to the kitchen, he lifted the lid on a stewing pot and breathed deeply. "What did you cook? It smells of mutton... which is odd because none of the fold have been sent to slaughter.." He dipped in a ladle and slurped at the stewing warmth from within. "Mmm, whatever it is, I'll take it." Grinning, he spun around in search of a bowl before cutting himself a thick slice of bread to have with his breakfast.

"Have you eaten?" Probably not. Suki rarely ate this early, despite how often he insisted she nourish herself as soon as possible. After all, it was possible that every meal could be their last. He went about preparing a bowl for her and set the table for the pair of them to eat together. When he beckoned her to join him, he waited until she sat before he took his seat and immediately dove into his meal.

"Miikan insists I return to him with news that you'll accompany him to the Flower Festival." He chuckled lightly as he said it out loud. "You have to tell him no directly or he'll never shut up."

It took Suki a moment to finish pulling on the boot that she had been working on when she had spoken before rising and bowed to her brother as a return of his respect. She let her bow dip just slightly lower than his, as a sign of the utmost respect for the lord of her line, the patriarch, for lack of a better term.

"Brother."

After all, she was not the only one of their line who could continue it, and her heritage was a patriarchal system. Though brief, this greeting stood for everything that was the ancestry of the Imeara line. And for what would come to be, should the last surviving heirs raise their own children, one day. While she did not necessarily worship her brother, she had placed him on a pedestal ever since the day they lost their home. After all, he was her hero, her savior, and her reason for living. And, more importantly, he was the only family she had left.

Rising from her bow, Suki watched with brilliant blue eyes as her brother moved quickly into the kitchen, his stomach - as always - stopping the conversation she had attempted to start. She gave a small giggle. "You should know by now that a master chef never reveals her secrets!" Of course, by no means was she a master chef...she just had the best pick of the crop, as usual. Always the first out to gather, and the one to bring back the best wild plants. This morning's stew was one of her favorite recipes, mushrooms that could only be found on the old trees that grew on the sides of the mountains and a special berry that was more savory than sweet. To keep herbivores from eating it, the bush that produced these berries would produce a foul smell, much like rotting meat. The berries tasted much like stewed lamb if cooked properly and strained multiple times over a hot fire.

"No. I was waiting for you. Umira already ate and has gone into the village to help some of the Elders prepare for the ceremony later. It's apparently going to be a big deal. If what they say is true, we won't even be here for the Flower Festival!" She gave a humorless laugh before walking towards the table Raijin was setting and seated herself on her favorite straw pillow. Bowing in thanks to her ancestors, she happily began eating with almost the same ferocity as her brother.

Hearing his words, she gave a roll of her twinkling eyes. "Honestly, do you not think I've already tried? Even if I did want to talk to him, he won't silence himself for more than a second any time I'm near. And he should know by now that I never go to any of the festivals with anyone. It doesn't matter how long we live here, I'm still not comfortable being around many of the people our age. I prefer the company of the Elders, if anyone, at the festivals held in this village." Sighing, Suki shook her head and took another hearty bite. Taking some time to think, she watched her brother for a moment, her eyes seeming to daze for a moment.

"What do you think will happen today?" she finally asked, her voice a whisper.

When she mentioned their possible absence from the Festival, a wave of sadness swept over Rai, but he quickly pushed it away, his expression refusing to tell of what ran about in his mind.

"He won't likely go near you if you stick close to the elders. Umira and the others frighten him!" He laughed lightly at her light jab at Miikan, knowing full well that her words were true. Miikan was Raijin's best friend but he was no more free of flaws than the next young man.

When she whispered her last words, he looked up at her, his spoon half-way to his mouth, and blinked. "Nothing, Suki. Probably nothing. We've been to that temple before. You, at least a hundred times, I swear. Nothing has ever happened. The legend will remain a legend and life will go on... Don't let it distract you. Hope won't do us any favors." He looked down at his bowl, his appetite suddenly declining. If he'd been another he might have pushed his bowl away and been done with it, but he'd be cursed by his ancestors if he wasted good food. So, without the enthusiasm he held before, he choked down the last of his food and looked to the sky outside. "I guess I should clean up before we go. Any suggestions for what I should wear?" He was hopeless when it came to wardrobe choices. The festivals and ceremonies in Badova were so complex and diverse. Every time he arrived dressed in his own chosen robes, he got odd looks as if he had come to a wedding dressed for a burial or showed up at a coming of age ceremony dressed for a naming ritual.

There certainly weren't any guidelines for the "fulfilling an ancient prophecy" ceremony they were about to attend. "We should leave soon. I'll go wash. Would you see about finding me something suitable?"

Despite his attempts, Suki watched his eyes flicker with the sadness that washed over Rai before disappearing behind his barrier. Knowing that mentioning anything, in an attempt to comfort or even to just ask what was wrong, was a waste of time, Suki nodded at his remark and gave a light smile. "Were he not such a troublemaker, they wouldn't have need to frighten him so."

She listened to her brother's words intently, nodding grimly before finishing off her bowl and taking both back into the kitchen. "I'm not sure it's really hope that makes my stomach flutter like it is. More...a feeling of restlessness. Perhaps it was something I ate last night. Would explain the strange dream I had."

He changed she subject, once again asking for an idea on wardrobe choices. Most of the outfits Umira had given to them to wear were the traditional garb of Yaera, which not even the people of Badova knew much about. Naturally, they would have always received strange looks at each of the festivals - they were different than the wanderers that had usually made it to the legend of Badova Village. They were different from anything anyone else had ever seen. That was the nature of where they came from, a village secretly hidden higher north than even the legend between the Twin Temples. "I'm not really sure what we should go in, but I suppose something more casual with a bit of flare. Perhaps something as simple as a little extra silver?"

Turning from the kitchen after having washed the two bowls and dumping the bucket of water out the side window into the tiny garden out back, Suki went into the shared bedroom and began pulling out an outfit more suitable for an off-the-books ceremony. Funtional with a little flare. Laying it out on her brother's cot, she then turned to her side table and grabbed the flower she had placed there the night prior. It was a little wilted, but like all hardy flowers of the mountains, it held strong. Its petals were thick and waxy, shining a lighter shade of violet. Putting the flower in her hair and tying the long locks back in a simple braid, she brushed herself off and walked back out into the small living space. "When you're ready, we can head to the temple. I'm sure many of the villagers are already waiting."

It didn't take Raijin long to clean up. His curly hair looked its best in its natural state, and the air was warm enough that he needn't care to dry it or cover it before heading out. He dressed quickly in the robes of dark blue and ochre, placing a simple silver chain around his neck. The chain hung low to his waist and bore a pendant made of dark stone shaped in a curling half circle that fit neatly into its matching half. Suki, of course, owned the other half. They had received the pendants from their parents for their 5th birthday. At the time, the chains hung so low that the children never got to wear them without dragging the pendants in the dirt. Suki had collected them before they left, despite Raijin's insistance that they hurry away from the smouldering flames.

He lifted the pendant and gazed at it for a time, ruminating briefly on his fate and his role in the universe. "Varon, guide me." He whispered quietly before leaving the quiet, country house and joining his sister on their journey to the Temple of Partheus.

As they moved through the lively village, there was a general air of mystery and wonder that loomed about its citizens. Even the youngest children knew who Rai and Suki were and what today meant. Every street they passed down was filled with familiar faces that stopped to stare and whisper. Some waved and wished the twins the best of luck, others followed along, chatting and laughing as the procession grew. Some were not so fond of the pair nor were they enthusiastic about the superstitious practices that remained alive and well in the village. As they walked past the town square, Raijin caught the emerald gaze of Seline Tremir, a maiden that had stolen his heart years before. He had never had the opportunity to act on his attraction, at least not directly. He didn't deem it fair or wise of him to court her, but he always delivered fresh bread to her and let her visit the lambs in the early spring. She looked as beautiful as ever today, her dark, brunette locks flowing over her shoulder in a loose braid. She wore a loose, flowing blouse of pale yellow and a long skirt in white that made her glow like the warmth of the Day Star. He looked at her only long enough to pass a smile before he was swept away up the main street towards the stairs that lead the way to the twin temples.

"What if we never see this place again, Suki?" He whispered quietly to his sister as they made their way up the steps, the laughter and music of the procession covering their voices.

As always, her brother looked immaculate in his most natural state. As Suki turned her gaze to his freshened self, she gave him a nod of approval and exited the small house, knowing he was close behind her. As the door shut, she turned to him and spun on his side to walk as his equal. It would take them a few moments yet to get to the twin temples, as they lived farther out than most families. Many villagers they passed were dressed normally, refusing to take part in the superstitious celebration of some kind of crazy legend. Others were dressed in their best ceremonial clothes, each a different design to show the different cultures that had come to live here over the years. While they all gave each other strange looks, that was the most anyone ever gave another in terms to varying beliefs.

Today, however, most eyes were on the twins. Some gazes were disapproving - even disgusted. Others were filled with awe and followed by a bow or other symbol of respect, from a fist over the heart to kneeling. People waved and gave their best wishes. They followed behind like a parade, singing and laughing in their excitement.

As they all drew closer to the temples, the drums and other instruments could be heard. Flower petals gathered by the other village gatherers had been strewn across the dirt path that they called the main road, and various streams of fabric lined the houses that sat patiently on either side. Her brother spoke, and Suki looked to him, her brow furrowed. "Like you said earlier, Rai...it will be like all of the other times. We aren't leaving Badova. And if we do, I'm sure one day, we'll come back for sure." She touched his hand in encouragement before returning her gaze to the path ahead, her own stomach fluttering nervously.

When they turned, they would see what they had seen countless times before. People were packed on either side of the path leading to the massive staircase up to the Temple of the Sun. From behind it, both suns of Kabola were rising higher into the sky, warming the ground beneath them and setting the temple aglow as they did every morning. Cheers erupted from the group as the twins came into view, and petals were thrown into the air as the music grew louder.

Umira stepped forward when they finally made it to the end of the trail of celebrating villagers, smiling at them. "I know you've done this many times, but this silly celebration gives many of these people hope. I'm glad you are both willing to humor them. Your honor and integrity would surely make your ancestors proud. Just like the last time, all you have to do is ascend the stairs and push on the doors. Nothing will happen, and you'll come back down, and we can go back to our lives." Suki nodded, her face betraying no emotion to the older woman as she once more stepped aside and let the twins pass.

Together, they ascended the stairs, the music rising with them all the way until they came upon the doors once more. The moment they were standing before the entrance, all grew quiet, and the tension and anticipation thickened the cool air around them. Something seemed to flash in the outer edges of Suki's sight, and she looked up at the two dragon statues above the doorway. Perhaps it was her imagination, but their faces seemed to look different...as though instead of looking down in dismay, they were now happy. How odd...

"Are you ready?" she asked her brother. With a slight nod from him, they both moved forward and placed their hands on the doors together. What happened next would surely change their lives forever.

Barely a whisper of a touch was all it took for the doors to begin opening with a loud crunch of stone mechanisms hidden within the walls followed by a loud whoosh of air being sucked in by what seemed to be a vacuum. The silence behind her and her brother continued as the large archway revealed the darkness within - a darkness not seen by any from the village of Badova in many centuries. After a few moments, cheers erupted from below, and the music once more began, intensified with the enthusiasm as people began chattering about how the prophecy was right, that the twins were the heroes they were looking for. Suki looked to her brother with wide eyes, her heart racing with fear and excitement. The doors opened. They really opened!

Taking a deep breath, she stepped inside, choking slightly on the dust that was slowly beginning to settle as her eyes adjusted to the dim room. As her footsteps echoed into the large, octagonal chamber, another whoosh sounded as two blue fires lit on either side of her. She looked to Raijin, who had followed her closely, and blinked at him curiously. Her chest gave a tug to the left side of the room, where one of the fires burned brightly behind a seemingly reflective stone resting on a pedestal.

Her mind was suddenly overwhelmed by a need to get to that stone, and as the doors of the temple closed behind her and Raijin, she left him with a similar feeling towards the opposite side of the room. Eyes twinkling in the firelight, she stepped closer and closer, and when her hand came to rest on the stone's immaculately smooth surface, she felt what could only be a heartbeat. Within seconds, a knocking sounded from within, and the smooth shell cracked violently.

It took mere moments that felt like seconds to Suki, but before she could understand what was even happening, she found herself holding the slimy form of a tiny dragonling, its dull hide oozing with the remnants of liquid that had protected its body for so long. Taking its first breaths, the little creature opened its shining eyes for the first time. Glowing orbs looked up towards her, and suddenly, her mind and soul left her.

It was as though her soul left her body, completely. The room spun, and she nearly blacked out as the sheer intelligence, power, and love of the tiny dragon's soul merged with hers before she felt a part of her enter the body of the creature. In that moment, she felt every breath he took, every beat of his tiny heart, every flutter of is lean muscles. His first thought entered her mind smoothly, like satin against her skin.

~Hungry...~

In that instant, she opened her eyes and found herself on her knees in a strange place. Above her, the two suns rose much higher in the sky than they had when she and Raijin entered the temple. Before her, a fountain the likes of which she could vaguely remember from the paintings of her original home. Three women stepped forward, familiar and unfamiliar all the same, a smile on their faces. The leader welcomed not one, but two, and soon, Suki found that she was not alone on her knees with a freshly hatched baby.

~What happened?~ She had thought this, but like satin, it flew from her mind to not only her hatchling's, but also her brother's.

~Hungry!~ The dragonling hissed in a way that he thought was ferocious, but was surprisingly cute. Suki couldn't help but blink in surprise before frowning in dismay.

She and Raijin were whisked away and placed in separate rooms right next to each other. Whether or not there were others, she was uncertain of. Finding herself behind a silvery curtain that led into a stone room fit with a bed larger than any she had ever seen in Badova, a dresser with a vanity and washbowl, and even a small study area with a single bookshelf, side table, and armchair, she blinked again, holding the little one close to her chest.

No more than a small dog, the dragonling squirmed his way from her arms and plopped to the ground. While not completely dry, he had already lost a good amount of the ooze from hatching, and the dull hide was marked with random silvery scales here and there. The moment he regathered his composure, he trotted towards what appeared to be a large barrel and spread his surprisingly large wings, leaping up and scratching at the sides in a desperate attempt to get to the top. Instead, the barrel toppled over, and he barely escaped its crushing weight before pouncing on the tiny pieces of raw meat.

Gagging slightly, Suki turned away and let the baby have his meal while she explored a bit more. Carved into the stone on the left side between the dresser and the bed was another doorway, as large as hers - bigger than the biggest horse and possibly even than the size of her own home in Badova. It, too, was covered by a silvery curtain. Behind that curtain was what appeared to be a large, empty bowl carved into the stone floor. There was nothing else in the entire room. Nothing but the large pit and what appeared to be braziers for fire.

Uncertainty filled Suki as she walked back into the other room and sat on the side of the bed. The blanket was soft and plushy, colored a beautiful blue color that shimmered. Her mind raced for answers. Why did the doors open then and not before? What did they do differently? What was the creature whose thoughts she could hear, whose body she could feel as thought it were her own? How was Raijin taking this? No longer consumed by the dragonling, she looked down at her dress and frowned, knowing that the rest of her had to look as bedraggled and like dried old rags as the front of the dress. Her white pendant sat neatly on her lap, untouched.

In an instant, she shot up and peeked outside her large doorway, moving towards her brother's. Within seconds of leaving her room, a loud, disgruntled chirp sounded from within, followed by the sounds of claws scraping across stone as tiny paws scrambled towards her. Realizing that she was being followed by the tiny creature that had brought her here in the first place, she stopped and scooped him up, for fear that she would be heard by one of the strange women.

Slowly stepping inside Raijin's room, she spoke, holding the now squirming dragonette close. "Rai? Are you alright, brother?"

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Esmeray
[dash=skyblue]

Rai walked carefully at Suki's side as the temple doors opened and they entered. Why did they enter? They hadn't even hesitated. An ancient temple of the gods that hadn't opened in hundreds, maybe thousands of years, and they simply stroll in as if it were the local bazaar. "Suki... I.. Maybe we should wait..." But then something hit him. It wasn't like anything he'd felt before, certainly nothing he could feel physically, nothing he could see or even really speak of, but rather, a powerful mental draw, as if a desire had come to him unlike any desire he had ever felt before. He paused, noticing that he had stepped away from his sister, towards the far end of the great room. He looked at her as she walked slowly, but with purpose, towards the other end. He opened his mouth to say something, but he felt that he had no right to call her away from where she was going. It was odd, confusing, but at the very same time, nothing could have made more sense.

And so he turned his back on his sister, and he walked away, toward whatever was so strongly willing his heart and mind towards it. He walked for some time, the room being quite large, but as he drew nearer, he saw a stone pedestal with a large, round stone on it that shimmered and shone in the dim light. It was... magical. It looked as if the oceans, the skies, and all of the world were within shining coat. It was shaped like a large egg, and as he drew even closer, he realized that was precisely what it was.

He wanted to run, wanted to turn around and go to Suki, find out if she was okay, but something inside him refused, something felt as if the egg was the one thing he needed to be near, to protect. It was shaking lightly from side to side and a rhythmic ticking sound was coming from within, as if something were tapping at the inside of the shell. He walked forward and placed a hand on the side of it instinctively to steady it, noticing that it felt cool to the touch. "What are you..?" He whispered, and as his voice slipped out into the air, the ticking stopped.

Pausing in fright, Rai tapped gently on the side of the egg and all at once, the top of the egg fractured in a clean line and flew off with the sharp flick of a tiny, scaled tail. The sound of slime sloshing around inside met his ears and low grumbling emitted. Before he could act, a tiny little set of eyes peaked out from the top of the shell, nearly white, and they stared at him, unblinking.

Raijin said nothing, perhaps by shock, perhaps by wonder. As the tiny creature placed a scaled hand onto the top of the shell, and then another, it began to crawl out. As it did, the egg tipped and dumped its contents onto the ground, landing the little creature on the stone with a squeak. Raijin rushed forward to pick it up and when his hand set onto the warm scales of the little creature, his entire life changed.

All at once, he forgot who he was and found himself. In one moment, he felt the world shift, his perspective flashed from his own, to one looking up at him, from the ground. He felt hunger, love, passion, curiosity, wonder, and devotion. He stumbled and fell to his knees as his body struggled to re-identify with himself. Moments passed, and as he came to terms with what had just happened, he looked down at a little dragoness, one he felt he had known his entire life, one he felt he would know for an eternity. He looked at the one named Yrenxia Fheragor and felt his soul go into her and hers into him. It took a few minutes, but eventually, what had initially overwhelmed him and brought him to his knees, now lifted him up and steadied him. He felt whole in a way he never had, he felt fortified mentally and otherwise, and he felt as if he could never be alone again.

Then he felt pain. "Ouch!" He pulled his finger back, a bead of blood oozing from the tiny puncture. "Why did you do that?"

The little dragoness stumbled forward, snapping its mouth with a little smacking sound. ~I wanna eat.~ Raijin blinked. The squeaky, whiny voice was perfectly clear in his mind, yet he wasn't sure if he had actually heard anything.

"You... what?" He looked around, wondering if there was any food in the old temple when he realized he wasn't in the temple at all. He was in a room he had never seen before and it quite startled him. Immediately fear rushed over him. "Suki!" He got up quickly, tipping the hatchling over in the process.

~Hey, nooo!~ It cried out into his mind. Stopping only briefly to right the little creature, he scanned room, looking for a doorway, when a familiar voice chimed from behind him. Turning, he saw his dear sister and let out a sigh of relief.

"How did we get here?"

~Ooh, who's that? Pretty!~ Raijin stopped and turned to face the little dragon that had come to his side, tiny talons clicking on the floor as she moved.

"Er, this is Suki, my twin."

~Oooh! Twin! And who's the other one?~

Raijin glanced unomfortably at the other tiny dragon. "I haven't a clue..Suki? What's happened?"
[/dash]

Wreaver stood and raised his hands, hair still in his clenched fists where it had been ripped out and blood dripping down his arm as he lowered them and went to claim his prize, namely a chest and a large Ornate stone that had been produced for the purpose of going to the victor of either Tavals Champion or Wreaver himself, who to this day still hadn't been defeated in a one on one fight.

Wreaver ascended up the stairs to the where his winnings were stored, a room aptly called The Vault, and immediately moved to collect his winnings, grabbing the small chest of coins and hauling it over one shoulder and turning to the stone, captivated by the smoothness and what seemed to be intricate green patterns, not carved or painted but natural, a worthy trophy indeed. He traced a finger along at felt warmth radiating from within. He jerked his hand backwards as the stone suddenly broke where his hand was, making him realise suddenly that it was an egg and not a stone.

Ooze spilt out of the egg and legs sprouted out of the bottom of the egg, a body sliding out until the head got stuck, Wreaver stepped forward, hiding everything that was happening before his very eye, and with gentle hands he removed the shell from the scaly body and little wings to reveal what most would find horrifying, the green eyes honed in on his own and as if possessed, Wreaver placed his hand on what he now decided was a dragon' head.

A small flash and his mind was suddenly blank, his mind felt like it was being twisted to accommodate what felt like a new one, mixing with his entire being. And just like that he blinked and he was no longer in the arena, the blood that was on him was now gone, replaced with a saliva like substance.

The room he was in now was unlike anything he'd ever seen, of course the fact that he'd never had a home to call his own also made this room seem awe inspiring, flowers sat on a table in the corner, a training dummy like the one he had as a child hung from the roof like a reminder of what he was. He looked at his bed and marvelled at the size of it, his sheets were pitch black except for a tinge of green that laced through it like a smoky haze. A barrel stood near curtains that were a deep purple. Wreaver stood and ran his fingers along the wall, his mental guard slowly lessening from complete bewilderment to mere caution.

~Hungry~ he heard in his mind, causing him to perk up immediately and search for the voice, ~Down here~ he heard again and he looked down at the small creature that was licking the blood off of his hand. "Well isn't that just curious, I've spoken to many creatures but rarely do they speak back" he said in his deep and silk like voice, which seemed completely at odds with his visage.

He took in a deep breath through his nose and found his sense of smell was sharper than it used to be, he could smell the flowers that were resting in a vase on the table, he could make out the faint whiff of meat in a barrel and walked up to it, opening it and seeing little cubes of meat. He picked it up and in his mind said ~Catch~, throwing it to the little dragon, who leapt up slightly and snapped his jaws around the tasty treat. With a smile he placed his hand back in the barrel picking up a handful of the meat and placing it all into an empty coin pouch tied around his waist.

He crouched and picked up the dragon, ~What shall we call you?~ he said as he placed the dragons front legs on one shoulder and wrapped his rear legs around the back of his neck and over his other shoulder. ~Drachma, my name is Drachma~ came the little voice in his head as the dragon replied to his question, ~Hungry~ came the little voice again as the dragon nestled into Wreavers neck.

With a small smile he pulled another piece of meat out and held it for Drachma to eat he walked to the door, his instincts from living on the streets telling him all that there was no one here that was threatening. He took a deep breath and pushed the door, walking confidently with the dragon on his shoulders until he noticed a girl with a dragon of her own disappear into a doorway.

He froze momentarily and snuck to the door and peeked in to look at the girl, who was with a man the same age, noting subtle similarities and deciding that they were twins, especially considering the subtle body language they made when talking to one another. Then they disappeared as the curtain closed again. ~Who are they?~ came Drachmas voice, a tone of curiosity in the telepathic sending. ~Doesn't matter, as far as i'm concerned little one, the only ones we trust are ourselves and no others.~ Wreaver sent back in a way that was slowly becoming natural to the quiet man.

Making sure the scarred half of his face was covered and that Drachma was secured he walked past without talking or even acknowledging the two siblings, determined to explore this place and gain his bearings, along with an explanation of just what the hell was happening.

@Mowkie
@Soulserenity20

(I'll make the minor edits when I can get to a computer.)

Last edited:

Having heard her brother's voice on the other side of the curtain, not noticing the footsteps behind her, Suki was quick to pull the iridescent, silken cover back to show him rising to his feet and turning towards her as she spoke to him. A tiny smile, only ever offered to him, played on her fair lips as she let herself in completely. As relieved to see him as he was to see her, she stepped before him and gave a swift bow, before rising and answering his question honestly.

"I do not know. Moreover, I do not know what is going on at all."

~This one is strange. Is it yours?~

"Uh, no...I do not own him, if that is what you mean, little creature."

~I am not creature. I am dragon. Difference, you see.~

The little beast's speech was odd, as though he was still trying to comprehend how sentences formed. His article adjectives were nonexistent at this point...perhaps due to his age of less than an hour...or perhaps a lack of intelligence. He also seemed to hold his s and x sounds a little longer than normal. How odd...

~Heard that. Ihni'kou not unintelligent. Just not know common speak. Only Ihnakxas...dragon speak.~

It was only natural, of course, for a dragon to be slower than others to understand the common tongue. Many younglings wouldn't even come to learn it until much older, and while their Inhalla would instill this understanding within them before sending their souls down to the world, some would take longer to wrap their minds around it than others. Ihni'kou was just such a dragon. He puffed out his chest proudly and gave a loud and indignant huff.

Right around this point, Suki heard her name mentioned again, and her attention once more shot towards her brother, who asked her what had happened. Shaking her head, she gave a small shrug. "I've no idea. I have so many questions...why the doors opened when they did and not before...what those eggs were doing there...why they hatched for us...and what happened to us in there? It was as if I couldn't still my heart until I met this one's eyes for the first time."

~The Pact. Inhalla chose us to be her warriors in war to come. Your souls pure and strong. Perfect for loving.~

"What do you mean, war?"

~Will be explained by priestesses later. Others to arrive soon.~

"He says there are others...we're not the only ones here, Rai. What should we do?" Suki trembled slightly, clutching her white pendant tightly in her hands as she looked about his room. Finally, her eyes settled on the little rainbow creature at her brother's feet.

At this moment, the bright one at her side stepped forward and bowed his head, his glowing eyes resting on the rainbow one before him. In their native tongue, he spoke directly into her mind, sending warm intentions towards her. ~Ihni'kou, sister. Can I share your food? Mine seems intent on staying in this room, and I don't want to be alone.~

@RiddL

Wreaver would not get far on his quest for knowledge about the place he was in or answers to his questions, for near the end of the path that had led away from the tall, stone buildings that seemed to be serving as their quarters, one of the lesser priestesses would step before him, staring down at him in a strange mixture of sweet and menacing.

"I am sorry, young rider, but I cannot let you leave here with that little one you are Pacted to. It is not safe outside the protective barrier of Ranas, for the raw power you cannot yet control will surely call unwanted attention to you and your new friend. Please, go and get acquainted with the other riders who have arrived. Soon, we will feast, and all questions will be answered."

[dash=skyblue]

It was nice to see the most familiar face he knew, his expression moving quickly from a smile to a frown as she mentioned there being others. It made him uncomfortable to no end knowing that not only had he completely abandoned his flock, but that they were in a mysterious, unsecured place in some unknown region or land. He felt a pitting fear growing as he thought about the fact that they could be weeks of travel away from home. Would they ever return home? How was all of this happening? His mind was brought back to the present as the small, pearlescent dragoness fell sideways onto his foot, standing up shaking before responding to what had to have been a request from the other, small dragon.

The small dragoness dipped low into a bow and nodded. ~Certainly! But... well, I... I don't know if we have any food.~ Looking around, the creature began to sniff at the air, her stomach growling violently, her tail twitching rapidly as the smell of meat met her senses. ~Oh! Come!~ She led the other dragon to a large barrel in the corner of the room. ~Help me tip it!~ The dragon had a mischievous look about her as she moved to the back of the barrel and began using her small bit of weight to rock the large, wooden barrel.

Meanwhile, Raijin had centered himself, feeling a calm sweep over him as he practiced mindfulness, being wholly aware of the moment instead of fearing the future of worrying about the past. "Suki," he said quietly, stepping closer to her, "we need answers. We won't find them in these rooms. Surely there is someone, anyone that we can ask. What of the robed figures that brought us here? Should we go look for them?" He was uncertain. Part of him feared that any decisions he made would land him and his beloved sister in trouble, but another part of him felt oddly comfortable in this place, as if it were... familiar.

A loud THUD interrupted Raijin's thoughts and he spun around to see a mess of raw meat had been spilled out onto the floor. Moving about in the bloody mess was the small dragon. "Bless the Wilds, little one! Why did you do that?" He scolded the little creature.

A chilly breath of air huffed out from the creature's mouth. ~Well, I couldn't very well wait for you to feed me, could I? And I am not 'little one,'' my name is Yrenxia Fheragor. But... perhaps Ren is more suited to your tongue. Don't mind us... we'll clean up when we're done.~ And with that, Raijin realized he had been dismissed. Standing there, shocked at the little dragon... Ren, he shook his head and shrugged at Suki.
[/dash]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Esmeray and Mowkie
Tyr walked across the frozen tundra outside of Badova in search of prey. Nothing. Just great. Today was some huge ceremony but he had to find his family's next meal today as they were pretty much out of meat, coming back empty handed would surely be a disappointment. He continued his search and soon found himself at the entrance of an icy cave, jutting into the mountainside. He peered in and saw nothing except a smooth white stone, frosted over by the chilling air. Tyr could not explain the feeling he had next, it was almost like an obsession. He had to aquire that stone, nobody else could have it, it was his and his alone. He wasn't sure why he felt that way, he just did. As he slowly stepped closer he noticed it shake a little. "Gods... what are you? Certainly no mere rock..." ,He spoke to it in awe. Suddenly, the stone split in two, visibly chilled air and an ooze leaked from the crack. A small head poked itself out, followed by a body, that of a young dragonling. There was a bright flash, and Tyr felt his world turn upside down, then right itself with new understanding. His soul was now not entirely his own, but shared with another.

He awoke in a new place, a fountain in front of him and the dragonling at his feet. ~I demand food, human.~ Tyr stepped back, that voice had not come from the outside. ~At your feet, human.~
"You... you speak yet not aloud?" He must have sounded like a crazy person, but then again, he felt like one. ~I speak through your mind, human. I demand once more, food!~ The little dragon flicked its tiny clubbed tail against the ground and stared up at Tyr with its golden eyes. ~I must get used to this, speaking through the mind. Right then, let's find you something... by the way, do you have a name?~
~Name Fafnir, now food.~ Tyr reached into the pack he always carried with him when hunting, and brought out a small piece of bread. He tossed it down to the little one who called himself "Fafnir". He secured the straps that held his axe on his back and tightened the scabbard for his sword. He wasn't quite sure why he had brought it, only intending to go hunting, but he sensed an odd feeling of safety here in this unknown place. And suddenly there was a robed woman standing just behind n the fountain. Tyr wasn't sure how he had missed her, it didn't occur to him at all that perhaps she had been thee for quite some time. "Hey, could you tell me where I am? What's going on here?!"

"Your Questions will be answered. For now, follow me. I will show you to your room."

Tyr followed her there, Fafnir close behind, claws clattering on the floor. After all, what could he really do? It was clear he wouldn't be going home any time soon. And, by the looks of the place, something was definitely up. When they arrived, the robed woman immediately left leaving Tyr and Fafnir in the room that apparently belonged to him. He looked around, he had never been surrounded by so much... finery. This would definitely take some getting used to. ~I think we can make do here. Besides, lots of food in here.~
Fafnir went over to a large barrel and sniffed it. Fafnir sat down in front of it and started thinking of a way to get at the food he smelled inside. Tyr quickly went over to the barrel, he could actually hear the plotting going on in the tiny dragon's head. ~For just a hatchling, you're coming up with some interesting plans...~ Tyr opened the barrel and tossed down a few pieces of meat, before little Fafnir could spill it. ~Nom...yes, I smar-....mmm.....smart, yep...so good....you're perce-....yum...perceptive.~ Fafnir tried to reply while eating, but his mind kept getting sidetracked by the meat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Sorry for the late post) And edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Ryyker had recently touched a black looking rock. After that everything went black and one word kept repeating in his mind, hungry but Ryyker wasn't hungry. It felt like hours before Ryyker realises he could open his eyes. He then noticed the sizzling sound to his right. He snaps his head right and sees a black lizard with the ground around it sizziling away. He then hears the same word hungry and realizes the lizard is talking to him. He digs in his pocket pulling out some jerky and tosses it to the lizard, that snatchs it out of the air.
"Strange I have never seen a lizard eat meat." Ryyker says to the creature. Which made eye contact.
"I'm not a lizard I'm a dragon and my name is Orthrax." The dragon said inside Ryykers head. Ryykers jaw drops open, he's only heard of dragons in legends and here's one in front of him, a very tiny one. Ryyker had no idea but he felt as if he was being pulled to the building in front of him, he calmy strides on to the building and enters without a second thought with Orthrax in tow. Within he finds a women the described herself as a priestess and led him to a room to serve as his while he was there. Seems very similar to when Jaralaxe took Ryyker in many years ago.

Last edited:
  • Love

Nothing surpassed Suki's eyes when it came to her brother's emotions, but what made seeing his thoughts run wild with questions was the fact that she could almost hear them...and they mirrored her own. She took Raijin's hand and squeezed it, centering herself alongside him with a deep breath.

The dragonling's already glowing eyes seemed to sparkle with amusement at watching his new friend fall sideways before bowing and responding to him. ~There was large barrel in my room. Perhaps here as well?~ He sniffed with her, and they seemed drawn to the same section at the same time. Giving a delighted, dragonly grin, he stood and followed her.

Just as he had in his own room, Kou leapt onto the front edge, opposite of the little dragoness, and pulled with all of his might. ~Almost there!~

"Well, I mean...they did say our questions would be answered soon. It's not like we can just wander around here...we're obviously so far away from home that we'd never be able to find our way back on our own." She gave another squeeze to his hand, her eyes turning to look about his room. Though uneasy, Suki found herself feeling as though she could trust this place. But what was real, and what wasn't? That was something she couldn't truly distinguish for herself at the moment.

Spinning on the same sound, almost at the exact pace as her brother, Suki's eyes widened before she shook her head in irritation at seeing the same thing that had happened in her own room. "They're quite the trouble makers, aren't they?"

~How dare you! Not our fault you two are too busy to feed us! Off with you, human. We've some eating to do.~ With a huff, the little dragonling turned his back on his rider, dismissing her in much the same manner as the one next to him.

"My name isn't human! It is Suki. Dragon."

Growling, he turned his head and glared at her with glowing eyes. ~Fine, Suki.~ He said her name with a surprising amount of venom filling her thoughts. ~Ihni'kou, not dragon. But perhaps you should simply call me Kou. I'm not so certain your simple mind can handle such a fantastic name.~

Cheeks burning with the heat of her own anger, Suki turned and started out of the room, uncaring of the beast eating with such gluttony. "Come on, Rai...let's go find one of those priestesses."

As she pulled aside the iridescent curtain that marked Raijin's room, Suki came to see the full scale of the place she was in for seemingly the first time. The suns were high into the sky, and their light cast deep shadows across the gray scape of what appeared to be a walled village of sorts. A cobblestone path lay before her, winding outward into a larger road that seemed to go in a full circle around whatever walled structures stood in the center.

To both her right and left were identical buildings, each with a different colored curtain. All of them were the same, gray stone, as though carved straight from a mountain instead of built. They were massive, easily large enough to house decent-sized dragons. She and Raijin had been placed closer to the back, and three buildings to the left of Rai's, she could just barely make out the road winding away from the circle of buildings back towards the fountain she had previously found herself.

Across the road from her stood a longer building, also of gray stone. This one seemed to have windows, though, and it sat much lower and appeared to be a place for varonians to gather without their dragons. Beside it was a massive temple, circular in shape, much in the same appearance as the Temple of the Moon in Badova. Like all of the other buildings, instead of doors, it had a curtain, and its doorway was easily large enough for a dragon to pass through.

Behind these buildings were massive walls of gray stone. Even from the distance she was at, Suki could make out the detailed carvings of beautiful women dancing with dragons that sprang from the gray stone, sparkling with some form of color that she was completely unfamiliar with. Uncertainty filled her as she took in the sight before her...around the buildings was another wall much the same as the one seen in the very center. Who knew what was outside of that wall? She couldn't even see a landscape, for they were so high, bodies standing tall and casting shadows as the suns raced across the sky.

"It's almost like we're prisoners here...why would we be transported to a place like this?"

Last edited:
  • Love
[dash=red][/dash][dash=red][/dash][dash=red][/dash][dash=red]
"Eli! Get your head out of the clouds and come help me!"

The sharp retort pulled Eli out of his stupor from the large menacing clouds that loomed before them, filling the sky and hiding it's once bluish color only moments before, before his emerald gaze turned to the farmer. "Do you think a tornado will fall?" He asked as if he were merely asking what they should have for dinner. "I thought I saw a funnel cloud up there."

"Only more reason for you to move your arse over here and help me!" The farmer Reek replied. "Andy knowing your imagination you likely saw nothing. Just like always." The old farmer grumbled as he struggled with the rope, trying to tie down the blanket over the crops. "If a tornado did fall down, however, I would toss you right into it as a sacrifice to the gods to save my crops. 'Bout the only good use I get out of you."

If Eli felt any offense to the old man's comment, he revealed none of it, only shrugging as he moved himself to the other side of the crops they were currently tending. It was a smaller field, holding relishes and carrots mostly, along with similar vegetables. Anything larger was out in the bigger field, but there was nothing they could do for it. It would take too much time, and they wouldn't save much anyway, on the account they had nothing big or strong enough to cover an entire field. Eli had suggested an idea to Reek once of building an underground field, and when Reek asked(well more demeaned him)about what they were to do about sunlight, Eli suggested making smaller holes in the dirty ceiling to allow rays of sunlight, and they could somehow provide coverings that they could open and close whenever they needed to. Reek proceeding by calling him an assortments of names that followed along the lines of, 'imbecile' and 'idiocy' before dropping the idea all together. Eli thought it had been a great idea. Thinking back on it now, right now it definitely seemed like a good idea, since then they wouldn't have to be kneeling down trying to nail down make-shift tarps to cover at least their smaller crops. This way they wouldn't lose everything.

The wind had began to pick up again, whipping through Eli's short red hair and causing his bangs to get in the way of his eyes, making it a little difficult to see the ropes in his hands. He fumbled with it for a second before getting a tighter grip, then managed to tie it around the wooden stake he had previously hammered into the ground moments before. Not far from him, Reek was grumbling low to himself as he proceeded to do the same, both working fast before the storm could hit. As they worked the sky began to darken more and more, the clouds blocking what little traces of sunlight they had as they moved ahead, and it was as if the wind was laughing at them. Laughing more and more the darker it became. It had been dark enough as it was, near evening with the sister suns setting. It would be night soon.

Then the rain hit.

It didn't start out as a soft drizzle, or even as a single drop of rain that felt enough courtesy to let it's victims know, 'Hey, we're about to be pouring down on the two of you in just a second, thought I would let you know personally before my brothers and sisters came.' It was nothing like that. It all came down at once, and before Eli knew it, he was being pelted by little wet fists that fell in big drops upon his head and back. In seconds he was already drenched, the wind nearly knocking him onto his side , which caused the rope to slip from his hand. He lurched forward to grab it, but the wind had caught a hollow space beneath the blanket that covered the crops, and in that moment it lifted the whole thing into the air. The blanket raved like a thing from a nightmare, the storm taking that precise moment to let out a sharp streak of lightning through the sky above, lighting the ground below them for just an instant to give the blanket an even more menacing look, it's ropes flying with it.

"You lose nailed pig head!" Reek shouted above the wind and rain, but Eli ignored him. He jumped up, grabbing hold of the blanket and tried pulling it down, his fingers gripping tightly as he tried pulling one corner of the blanket towards him to get to his rope. "Leave it! It's already too late! We need to get inside!"

"No!" Eli called back, instead forcing his knees back down into the now soaked mud, caking his pants in it as his hands went back to work on tying down the rope. Reek released a series of curses before he managed to gain hold of the other rope and began tying down the other end.

It took longer than normal thanks to the storm, but the tarp was finally in place and the two farmers had risen back on their feet, bodies bent against the wind as the rain continued to beat down on them. Eli had lifted a hand over his eyes, doing his best to block out most of the rain as he squinted through the darkness, though he couldn't even see their home. A flash of lightning helped to determine it's location, a small cabin not far out in the field from where they were, before it vanished into the darkness once more.

"Come on!" Eli called out, grabbing hold of Reek's arm and began pulling him towards the direction of the cabin he had last seen it. The farmer said nothing, or at least Eli didn't hear him if he did, and the two began to struggle against the wind as they made their way towards the cabin. They had to move slow on the account it was dark, and the rain made it even more difficult to see, but they were farmers. They knew these fields. They allowed the memory of their feet to guide them, and soon the soft packed earth became more firm as they stepped upon the wooden steps that led to their home.

They pulled themselves onto the porch, Eli still leading the older farmer along as his hand reached out for the doorknob, his fingers clasping around it before turning it quickly and pulled the door open. However it was thrown out of his grip, the wind pushing hard against the door and causing it to slam outwards, forcing Eli and Reek to back away from it. Eli didn't hesitate. He pulled Reek before pushing him gently but urgently inside, then grabbed hold of the doorknob once more and began to try to pull it towards him as he wrestled with the wind. The door had nearly escaped him once, but Eli managed to gain control and win the struggle as he gave one final pull, and finally managed to slam the door firmly shut.

Now within the safety of the cabin's inner walls, the storm outside had become startling muffled compared to the loud noise Eli had just experienced seconds before, yet the storm still loudly raged outside. Beating against the walls as the windows rattled. For a moment Eli feared that they might break. He and Reek began to move around the house, putting out pots for leaks that began in their ceiling and boarding up the windows incase Eli's fear became true, and anything else they could do to save most what they could during the storm.

And then they waited, and as the night dragged on and the storm raged, Eli found himself drifting on and off till at last he slept. As he slept, the strangest dream came to him, a dream that seemed to break away the storm so that all he heard was a woman's voice....

Eli woke that morning with a strange feeling. He thought he could still hear a woman's voice from somewhere in the distance, an echo in his ears that vibrated through his mind then his entire being, but then just like that it was gone. Why did he suddenly have such a strange dream? He had had strange dreams before and often though of strange things, but this... This had felt too real. He shook his head and ran his hands over his face then through his hair, ridding himself of the drowsiness that sleep had brought him. Glancing at the window, his internal clock had woke him at the same time as it had every day, early morning before even the sun was awake. He and Reek had a lot of work to do, thanks to the storm lastnight.

Swinging his legs off the bed, he got himself up and went to prepare for the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Eli stood before the wreckage of their field, seeing twigs thrown here and there while dirt had been thrown up from the pounding of the rain, which was now filled with small puddles of water. What plants had grown were now wilted and fell upon the wet muddy ground, useless. They would still be able to save some of them, and things such as the watermelon and corn were perfectly fine. They could still sell them if they needed to and eat what they had, plus they had their animals, so not all was lost. Still, Reek was obviously not happy, grumbling to himself as he moved his way through the field and kicked away whatever plants they couldn't save. Eli was leaning against his shovel, the metal end of it partly in the ground with the palms of his hands resting on the very handle, while his chin rested upon them.

"It could've been worse." Eli offered. "We could of had that tornado after all."

"Idiot!" Reek snapped, tossing a rotten tomato over his shoulder as he turned to glare at Eli. "Tornados wouldn't be able to land here, and even if one did, it would be gone in a second!" He waved his arm to gesture around them. "We're in the mountains! The ground is too uneven for a tornado. I though you would figure that out by now!" He spat off to the side before turning his back on Eli, moving through the fields. "Why don't you make yourself useful and..."

The old farmer had began giving him a list of many things he could do, but Eli's mind had began to wander off, the farmer's words fading out as his eyes drifted towards the forest. He only nodded and muttered short answers to pretend that he was listening, though he had already grown bored and was not looking forward to the long list of work he would have to do today, still leaning against his shovel. His eyes had rested in a certain direction in the forest as his mind still began to wander, though it was towards a particular feeling within his chest, a very strange and unnatural thing that he had not felt before. No... It wasn't even that. It didn't come from his chest. It went much...deeper. Very deep. Like something inside him was trying to every so slightly to pull away. And he just couldn't move his eyes away from the forest.

"Uh huh..." Eli muttered as he began to move before even realizing it. "Yeah... Sure... Whatever you say..." He said to Reek, though he had no idea what the guy had said, his only focus being on that on particular spot in the forest. It was the strangest thing. It was as if his body was moving on autopilot, leading him even as he didn't know where to go, the feeling within growing stronger with every step he took. It was like he knew. But he didn't. It was like being caught in a trance that he couldn't withdraw his mind from, caught in a spell that threatened to take him over, yet he made no attempt to pull away.

"Then go check on the cows and see if any rain got into their stables." Reek continued. "If their hay is wet then give them some fresh loads. I would let the pigs out as well, they'll certainly appreciate all this mud." He spat again before shaking his head at the ground at his feet. Yet there was no answer. "Eli?" Reek said as he began to turn around. "Did you hear anything I just-"

Yet the boy was gone, being no where in sight as the farmer turned his body completely around to try to find him. "Eli? Eli!" Again there was no answer. Reek let out another series of curses as he grabbed his hat from the top of his shaggy brown hair and threw it to the ground. "Confound that boy and his constant disappearance! When I find him he'll wish he was never born!"

Eli had already found himself deep in the forest, following that small tug deep inside him that had grown steadily stronger as he moved, driven by pure curiosity and anxiety. What was this? It was almost like a silent call that demanded his attention, and no matter how deep within the forest he went, he knew exactly where to go. The feeling only grew, and Eli found his pace quickening, almost to the point of desperation. Why did he suddenly feel like this? What was the point? What demanded his attention? He often got excited over pie, yes, but this was something entirely different. Nothing had ever stirred inside him so strongly such as this.

He had soon reached the river. It's waters were moving fast down it's bank due to the rain that happened over night, whereas it would have normally been pretty calm. But now it moved at a dangerous torrent down the river, and one slip would have him dragged down and pulled under in no time, carrying him further and further away from his home. Yet the feeling inside had stopped him here. He looked around, a look of confusion on his face as he examined the trees and the water below him, careful to no step on to the steep slope that led to the water's bank. But there was nothing.

Shaking his head he dropped down onto his bum with his knees pulled up, pulling out a piece of grass before resting his arms over his knees, his fingers absentmindedly twiddling with the blade between his fingers. How strange... Why lead him here? The feeling was still there, tugging him, but he didn't see anything. He knew this river, knew this area, and so knew there was nothing special about it. He would know if something had changed, yet all looked well and normal, so why have the sudden urge to come all the way here?

He sighed. "Looks like my imagination only ran wild again." He muttered to himself. His eyes had drifted to the piece of bladed grass in his hands, causing his face to turned downward towards the river, and it was then that he noticed it.

His eyes had been looking between his fingers that held the blade of grass, right down the slope and at the river's bank. There was a small mound there. A mound of what appeared to be mud. But something was...off about it. He blinked once, slowly lowering his hands as he squinted his eyes, trying to get a closer look, but he couldn't quite place what it was that bothered him about it. Deciding to get an even closer look, he let the blade of grass drop from his fingers and began to carefully slide down the slope, careful not to allow himself to slip and fall into the rushing river. He slid right up close to the bank, now kneeling before the strange mound of mud that had caught his attention, and his hands carefully hover above it. Then he slowly placed just two of his fingers upon the mound, and he blinked once when he found that it was really solid, having assumed that perhaps his eyes had been deceiving him.

His hands came carefully around the mound, slowly lifting it from the mud so that the object now lay in his hands, and even though cool mud surrounded it, Eli felt a very strange warmth radiate from it. He frowned ever so slightly, and one of his hands came up to wipe away some of the mud from the surface...and nearly dropped it. He was taken aback from the sudden sharp glow that touched his eyes, a very grand comparison to the dull muddy color that now covered it, and his mouth was left slightly a gaped. It was....red. Far more than red. It was a shiny sort of red, the redest reds, as if if someone were to ask him what red looked like, he would tell them it looked just like this. It was pure, rich, spoke to his very soul. The very element of compassion and love like there ever was, sparking his mind with inspiration and thrill, while at the same time telling of woes and touching his very core. Not only that but the surface was like a gem. Obviously it was not, and the more he wiped the mud away, the more he came to realize that it's surface was smooth and round. Almost like stone. But that could not be... The surface sparked like a gem, like a....like a ruby!

He looked around till he realized he was standing just inches away from water. Ever so carefully he scooted himself to the very edge of the river, and careful still, he dipped the object into the water and began to wash away the rest of the mud. The water was calmer closer to shore, so he managed to clean it without much trouble, and so when he lifted it back out of the water he held a rich hue ruby stone. How had he never noticed anything like this before? But of course it was most likely never here before. Looking at the river, he realized that the water could have very well carried this marvelous stone all the way here, and it had washed up onto shore. Where had it come from? From the mountains? The river traveled through them, connected itself with many other rivers, so it was possible....

A crack suddenly drew Eli's attention once again, and his eyes landed on the stone, only to realize that it wasn't a stone at all. A crack had appeared right at it's center, and with a sudden burst the shells had broken way, and an angular head appeared. It's long slender neck emerged from the depths of what Eli now realized to be an egg, his jaw dropping nearly to the ground as he stared at the thing before him, which stared right back at him. The creature appeared reptilish in nature, and it had the strangest things projecting from the sides of it's angular head, something of what appeared to be black small mounds with some sort of thin membrane between them. But they were all so small and thin... The thing had ruby colored scales, and it's head had so many angles and things that could have been sharp, but right now only appeared roundish and dull. Very small black spines ran down the creatures neck, which were also covered in a strange membrane, coming to a stop at the head just between lumps of black that rested on either side of the creature's skull. The spines were currently lowered on the creature as it stared up at Eli, and he realized that he was looking pure black obsidian eyes. With no pupil.

"Wha-" Eli began to say before the creature's head popped back within it's shell, then a split second later more cracks began to appear on the egg, before the creature had used what Eli could now a tail and wings to break the rest of the shell.

Both the egg and the creature nearly fell out of Eli's grasp, and he quickly caught hold of the creature in his hands before it could fall back into the mud, and Eli stared in absolute shock now that he could see the creature fully. More spines ran down the creature's back, but these ones had no membrane, and they stayed settled on the creature's back. The wings were overly large, falling limp over the outer edges of Eli's hands even as he held the creature, and he could see more spines going down the creature's tail which were also small. Seeing the small creature's full form, his mind began to register what he was seeing, yet he could not comprehend it. He was in absolute shock. He had been holding what he thought had been a stone mere moments before, but now suddenly he was holding....holding....this.

The creature's eyes found his once more, then suddenly, it was like something clicked. Eli was gone. Yet he was there. Nothing made sense. Then everything made sense. He was spiraling freely, the world seeming to spin around him as his mind fell into near chaotic madness, all sense and reason seeming to escape him. One moment he was himself, knowing everything about himself, but then suddenly he knew what he was holding. Thoughts and feelings raced through him, and suddenly he was small, wet and hungry, but full of curiosity
and wonder, as well as a great immense of love for the human before him. He could feel another presence inside himself as well, something else there that hadn't been there before, yet it had somehow felt right. This lasted for what felt like eons, his mind feeling like it was split in two and he had no idea who he was anymore, whether he was meant to have wings or skin, and yet somehow had both. He could feel it all. He could feel the creature's every breath, knew it's every thought, almost like he had become it. No. That was wrong. He. And this was no mere creature.

He was a dragon.

Then it all stopped and Eli suddenly found himself on the ground, sprawled on his hands and knees, left gasping and clinging on the ground as if his life depended on it. What...what had just happened?! His head lifted to see the dragon not far off, crouched low as he stared at Eli with what appeared to be concern, a small croon seeming to emanate from the tiny creature. Eli could only blink before he tore his gaze away from it to get his bearings, and noticed right away that he was no longer near the river or even in the forest for that matter. He was in....a temple? He wasn't quite sure. All he ever knew were the fields and his own little farm. He scrambled quickly to his feet, backing away as he began to circle around, his head cranked nearly all the way back as he stared above and around him. Turning in a full circle about three times and almost falling into the fountain. This wasn't happening. This wasn't happening.

His head snapped back into place when he heard voices. Women had appeared out of nowhere and began to talk to him. This wasn't happening. All he could do was stare with his mouth gaping open, yet no sound would come out, no matter how many questions he had. What was going on? Why was he there? Why did he suddenly get a freakin dragon?! None of it made sense. None of this did. How did he even get here?! But they were already walking, and he was left standing there, staring dumbly after them. All he could do was follow, his body seeming to move into autopilot, his eyes following the retreating figures as he tried to catch up. However there was a sharp cry behind him, and he stopped to turn his head to see the dragon try to catch up to him, but he had kept tripping over his overly large wings.

Eli hesitated, but he couldn't very well leave the creature there like that, and he was obviously still a baby. So he quickly went over to the scaly creature and knelt down, picking him up and cradled the dragon hatchling to his chest, which the dragon seemed incredibly pleased about and made himself comfortable. Like he had belonged there and had folded his wings close around himself. Eli turned and began to quickly follow after the women. He was lead to his own room, once again only staring dumbly when the women explained to him that soon his questions would be answered and he would meet others. Others? Others what? Others like him? Did...did they have dragons too?

Then suddenly he was alone. There was furniture, but he stood in the midst of the room, stuck in absolute shock. What was going on... In mere seconds his life had suddenly turned upside down. What...what could be happening?! He was on the verge of a mental break down. He had to get a grip. He set his dragon down on a nearby bed, his hands shaking as he ran them through his hair and closed his eyes, taking deep calming breath.

{Ok.} He thought to himself. {This isn't so bad. I'm dreaming. Yes. That has to be it. I'm dreaming. This is just one of my crazy day dreams I always have and this time it just ran a little too far. I'm back on the field, with Reek, tending to the wilted vegetables and cleaning up the mess. When I open my eyes all of this will be gone and I'll be back home.}

He opened his eyes. The hatchling was staring up at him from the bed, and a look of concern seemed to have crossed it's sharp features, as if he wasn't sure what to do. Eli could feel the creature's feelings, know that the hatchling was uncertain and worried for him. Then, ever so gently, the creature slowly stood up and lowered his head. As if afraid he might get in trouble, and cocked his head to the side as he looked up at Eli.

{Hungry....?} The dragon said, though phrased it in a way that made it sound like a question, as if he were asking for permission to be hungry. But Eli could only stare at the dragon. His body had gone completely still, his eyes growing wide, and his face went pale. He just heard the dragon speak, but not outloud... It had been in it's head.

That did it.

Eli screamed and backed away from the dragon, startling the poor creature, and he slammed his back against the door. His hand was searching behind him desperately for the doorknob, trying to get the door to open so that he could get out of the room, but apparently his mind couldn't function the proper way to open a door at that moment.

The creature had reared up on his hind legs, spreading his wings out and made a sharp call towards his Bonded. Obviously alarmed. The creature jumped off the bed and flapped his wings to try to fly, but he only managed to flap one wing before the other and his body turned one way, flipping it until his back suddenly hit and slid on the floor. The dragon squirmed and struggled on the ground, trying to right himself while flapping his wings, which only terrified Eli more. He moved quickly away from the dragon, trying to get around him, but only managed to trip over something and landed flat on his back. Before he could get up, the dragon was suddenly on him, staring down at him with his claws on his chest.

{Friend! Friend!} The dragon spoke in his mind again, flapping his wings once or twice, but Eli only screamed again and tried to throw the dragon off of him, but the Ruby wasn't having it, digging in with his claws and only holding on.
[/dash]

Last edited:
Banner 1.jpg

Having been stopped by the Priestess as he was about to leave the protective barrier, Wreaver decided to find any of the others that would be appearing soon, after all, he couldn't be the only one that was around could he?

He walked like a man with a purpose, though he had none, and wondered back to where thee rooms were situated, hearing a yell of terror behind one of the doors. ~It appears there is a new arrival~ He sent to the Dragon perched on his shoulder, getting a reply not so much in words but in scents and images, something that seemed like humor in the images there.

With a steady hand he opened the door and walked in to see a boy with a ruby red dragon on his chest, he put a hand over his face to conceal the smile that had formed at seeing the young, terrified man.

"Calm down Boy, if you want him to get off of your chest then try asking, you'd be amazed at the intelligence of these hatchlings" He said, his head gesturing to Wreaver sitting on his shoulder, who promptly sat as tall and regal looking as he could, as if asserting dominance over the terrified human and the red dragon.

He crouched down and pulled out a piece of meat, throwing it toward the dragon and the boy. "If you open your mind and stop bumbling around like an idiot and think, you might realize that your little companion is only worried about you. He, or she, is only hungry. He stood and scanned the room, looking for the barrel of meat and finding it.

"That barrel has food for the little one, make sure they get it." He said as he moved to the door, half his face covered as he talked, "Oh and before I forget, My name is Wreaver and this little one perched on my shoulder is Drachma. When you're ready and your heart isn't moving like Dwarf drinking beer, I'd suggest moving around and finding some of the others who are arriving." With that he left and went looking for any of the others that had arrived in the sanctuary.

@Mowkie @Soulserenity20 @DracoGale4 @Takashi @LoveandHate91

@AnyoneElseIMayHaveForgottenBecauseThereAreTooDamnManyOfYou

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Ryyker walks out of the room that was his. He planned to explore the place and get a feel for where he was. He got no where because a scream of pure terror caught his attention. He looked to his right searching for the source of the scream, and sees a man walk into a room in the direction of the scream. Ryyker walked into the doorway to survey the scene. Ryyker chuckles in amusement at the man yelling at what he assumed was his dragon.
"It appear he dosnt have any idea what is going on here."
Orthrax walks past him and yells at the Red in Draconic.
"Maybe you should get off your master until he knows what is going on." Apparently Orthrax dosnt find this as funny as Ryyker.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mowkie

Chapter20One20Symbol.png

Answering Questions
As the suns reached their apex in the sky before beginning their slow trek towards the opposite horizon, the curtain of the Temple of Kallydrana opened for a brief moment, and the three women stepped down into the open air. With the same power known to the dragons - and more recently, their riders - the main woman's voice entered the minds of all, calling them forth from their rooms.

~Good afternoon, Chosen Ones. Please, make your way to the low lying building in the northern part of the sanctuary. You may bring your dragons or leave them to eat. Whichever you prefer.~

As this was announced, the trio could be found making their way up the cobblestone road towards the Meeting Hall. The smell of hot meats, beer, and fresh fruits and vegetables wafted from the slits carved into the stone. As each rider made their way in, they would find a long table lined with around twenty chairs, the center full of large platters of surprisingly elaborate dishes. Birds of all sizes simmered among freshly cooked berries, jams, and vegetables, the steam still visible as it rose into the air. At the end towards the far wall, all three of the women stood, a smile on each of their faces.

The woman in front was the tallest of the three, a slender figure with an hourglass figure, striking blue eyes, and black hair that was elaborately braided and shimmering with silver and gold chains. To her right was a shorter, plumper woman with a soft face, rosy cheeks, green eyes, and silky brown hair, braided in much the same fashion, feathers taking the place of the chains. On the left was a bony figure with a sharp, angular face, icy blue eyes, and thick, auburn hair braided with gemstones. Each was dressed in much the same fashion - translucent, wispy, white cloth decorated their bodies in layers just thick enough to hide their skin while still clinging to it. The barest hint of wind tossed up a few layers of this unique silk. From their braided hair, a veil of white cascaded to the ground to stretch behind them, each lined with either gold and silver, feathers, or tiny gemstones to make their rank.

The tallest woman spoke, a gentle smile on her face, as the last of the current riders entered the building. "Welcome, young Chosen. My name is Illyria. To my right is Xara, and my left is Carysalia. We are the last of the Priestesses of Kallydrana, Speakers of the Dragons. For many centuries, we have waited for the call of a new Chosen to end the feud between dragonkind and varonians. That calling has finally happened - in you. Each of you has been gifted with the honor of befriending a baby dragon. This dragon has chosen each of you for a very specific purpose - to show what it means to live with dragons to your brethren. Your task will not be easy, but it will surely be fulfilling.

"Please, make yourselves comfortable. We have had this meal prepared so that each of you have something you can enjoy. We know how much of a shock this can be to your hearts and minds, to be torn from your homes and your lives and brought here. Perhaps some of you feel like prisoners...and others are simply frightened. I know this is hard. And if your hearts truly do not wish to be here, then Kallydrana offers you a sanctuary with your new soulmate outside the realm of Kabola. But you can never go home...for within each of you dwells half of the soul of a precious dragon. And that alone will get you killed, for your brethren are full of ignorance and hatred...and only you can show them the way to love."

She paused, taking in each of the faces. Her smile faded, and she took a breath, closing her eyes, before speaking again, eyes opening to meet each gaze, individually - both dragon and varonian.

"Your dragons will teach you and guide you. Trust in them as they have chosen to trust in you. Though you do not yet feel it, you are each a hero to this world. Please, help us to end the suffering that has gone on for far too long."

The plumper woman stepped forward then, a kind smile on her face. "Welcome, Chosen. I am Xara, Priestess of Kallydrana and Speaker of Dragons and the creatures of Xarinia as well. If you have any questions, please come forth and speak them while all of us are here. We welcome them with open hearts, for the truth cannot be hidden from you. While we answer them, do feel free to enjoy your meal."

Not long after she had spoken, the sound of a scream came from her left, and her gaze darted towards a man now falling out through the doorway, a sparkling red creature on his chest. Two more stepped forward, seeming to speak to him. As one walked away, her mind was once more intruded upon, this time by the woman that had brought her and Raijin to their rooms. A part of her wished to fight the sudden urge to do exactly as she had said. The other part of her wanted to see what was going to happen.

She felt safe here, despite every part of her logical mind telling her not to trust any of it. She felt like nothing could hurt her, like she was truly on top of the world. Frustration filled her as she looked towards her brother and spoke.

"What should we do?" If they went, they could potentially be locked in this situation forever. Then again, for all she knew, they could be locked in already. She should have waited before going into the Temple of the Sun! Stupid, childish girl! Always ruining everything!

Taking a deep breath, she centered herself and shoved the nasty thoughts from her mind. "I don't know about you, but I certainly do not want to go in there and get the dragons...I say we let them eat and go see what these women want." Of course, at the end of the day, it was up to Raijin what they did. At least as long as Suki had control of her thoughts and didn't let her own curiosity get the best of her.

• Nice Execution!
[dash=skyblue]

Uneasy about the events that had unfolded thus far, Rai found himself standing much closer to his sister, his nerves running short as he struggled to maintain a clear mind amidst all the activity. His most important task was maintaining his composure enough that he would be able to utilize any necessary skills he possessed given an unpredictable turn of events. He had no idea what to expect here, and so he had to be prepared for anything.

The strangers that came with dragons of their own were of little interest to him, save for the man with the red dragon which brought deep concern to him. He had seen a red dragon before and only death had followed. Unfortunately, Raijin was feeling rather suspicious after having fulfilled an ancient prophecy and as such, the sight of the small red dragon brought a wave of concern about him.

"Er.." He was about to say something when a gross hacking sound startled him, drawing his attention away. On the floor, his little dragoness had coughed up a gnawed piece of bone and was now consuming it for a second time. He looked at his sister and motioned for the door.

"I vote yes for leaving them here..."

~Off with you then, Raijin. I could use a break from your human judgements. And, yes, I can tell exactly what you're thinking and I'll have you know that I'm perfectly well mannered for my kind.~ She huffed a little plume of icy air and set to sending another portion of meat down her gullet. Part of him could feel a tenderness in her words, as if she secretly wanted his approval and even more than that, as if she secretly wanted to climb up onto his head and see the world from up high. He stared cautiously at the dragoness before turning to Suki.

The pair made their way to the low building, as was requested and upon arrival they were greeted by a feast so great, Raijin felt a hunger growing within him, regardless of how long ago he had eaten, as if his body had decided it would not forgo the meal at any cost, even it meant faking hunger. His gaze drifted about the magnificent view before him and after a moment, as his eyes reached the end of the great table, he saw a trio of women with a most curious aura about them. He was unsettled by the fact that he could not guess their ages. They could have been in their thirties, or their fifties, but part of him felt that they were much, much older than that.

As they spoke, a million questions seemed to well up in his mind and it was all he could do to stop himself from spitting them all out at once. But, he had been raised well enough not to interrupt, even if the person he was interrupting was a mystical maiden in a great dome of dragons and magick. Of course it had to be magick, he had decided. What else could have brought him here? As the woman continued to speak, a chilling wave of fear seeped into his being.

He looked to Suki and tried his best to cover his panic but when he went to speak, his words failed him and he simply stared at her for a moment, mouth open. He closed his mouth then and diverted his gaze, losing himself in deep rumination on the implications of what had been revealed. What was to become of them now? By what sick god's hand had they been robbed of their free will and whisked away into this world? He felt hatred welling up within him, anger and spite for the second time his home and his life had been forced away from him. For the second time, he was powerless, lacking all control of his own fate and once more, his sister was at his side, in danger, because he lacked the ability to protect her.

For a moment, he cursed Varon, cursed the wilds, and cursed any god or goddess that played a role in all of this.

"What will come of us then?" He spoke out in a calm tone that failed to reflect the welling anger and frustration inside of him. "We are but pawns in a game, puppets to be used as seen fit by whatever forces that may? What is it we owe? A decade? A lifetime of service?" He silenced himself, no longer wishing to pose his questions for the answers seemed to grow inside him, as if intuitive and he was not pleased in the least at any of them.
[/dash]

[fieldbox="Tahvo & Fierro, red, solid"]

That day Tahvo was alone at the forge. The rest of the family had gone out to celebrate his best friend's birthday, a kind man named Jason. 'The rest of the family' were his wife and two children. Tahvo wasn't related by blood to any of them, but at this point he was basically the uncle of the family. Hence why they had all insisted on him coming along with them. But they had a very important commission that needed to be finished soon, and Jason was stressed about not getting it done in time after losing an entire afternoon to celebrating his birthday. Tahvo had decided the most appropriate gift at the moment was him staying behind to work on the ceremonial sword, and let his friend have fun, in peace.

As he had done many other times, he was picking up charcoal with a shovel, to heat up the forge. He tilted his head when he noticed a piece of charcoal with a pretty, smooth round shape. What caught his attention though was the size. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to throw it into the fire. He was concerned the fire wouldn't be able to burn it down. He shrugged his shoulders and threw all the charcoal in anyway. If anything, it'd take the whole day to get consumed.

He put the shovel aside and turned around to go on with his tasks, but he got the impression of seeing something unusual by the side of his eye. Looking back at the fire, he noticed the big round piece of charcoal was brightening up, adopting an orange shade of red in the centre, slowly expanding to the borders. Tahvo walked closer and stared at the piece of charcoal, mesmerized. He reached out for it, as if he was in a trance, and swore when the flames licked his fingers. He hadn't gone so much into the flames to get burnt, but that had hurt. He wondered for a moment how could he reach the charcoal, picked up his shovel again, and brought the charcoal out.

He left it on a stone table, and watched it. He could feel the heat emanating from it in front of his face, but despite the charcoal going down in temperature, its color brightened up even more, until it was all a solid shade of red. He observed it even closer when the charcoal started trembling, then moving a bit, from side to side. Tahvo's eyes widened when a fisure appeared on the charcoal's Surface, as if it was some sort of egg. He didn't understand what was going on, and a tide of emotions washed over him, of excitement, surprise, cluelessness and fear.

After making sure the egg was cold enough to hold with his bare hands, he closed the Forge and went back into the house, and into his room. He left the object of his fascination on the bed, and brought a chair closer so he could sit and stare at it. No more cracks appeared though. After a long time, he got impatient. In order to try and set his attention on something else, he picked up his journal and writing tools, but couldn't write anything down. Instead he ended up doodling cracked eggs all over the paper sheet, and even a small diagram showing how the egg had changed in colour, from a black piece of charcoal to a red almost round object, with a crack.

Eventually the family came back, but Tahvo couldn't bring himself to join them for dinner. He excused himself, saying he was feeling ill and wanted to rest. He felt bad about rejecting his friend on his birthday, and both his wife and children who were concerned about him and wanted to check if he was feverish. Despite that, he stayed in his room. He couldn't leave the egg. It was as if it was tugging from his heart to make him stay.

As the hours passed, for some reason Tahvo couldn't explain, he was feeling depressed. Why didn't the bird inside the egg wanted to come out? It was breaking his heart, as irrational as it sounded. Little did he know that inside the egg there was no bird, but a dragon. And the small dragon in question was completely sure he could come outside if he wanted to, but so far neither the hunger or anything else were powerful enough to make him want to crawl out. He was warm and cozy where he was.

In the end, Tahvo lied on his bed, holding the egg close to his chest. He didn't even bother with taking off his boots, he just passed out right there. Several hours later, finally the hunger was too strong. Pushing with both his paws, head and tail, the baby dragon cracked the egg open, and stretched his spine in a cat-like manner, yawning without a care in the world. He looked at the human lying next to him, already knowing what this all was about. But first, his food. He tried patting Tahvo on the face, to ask for food, but before he could do anything else, his consciousness was pulled away from him.

The frantic dance of the two souls seemed to last for an eternity, but also was came to an end too soon. Tahvo woke up with a gasp, and looked around, panting. The fountain was what caught his attention first, the weight on his leg was second. The man looked down at the winged lizard that was staring back at him. Somehow, those eyes seemed to be intelligent.

~Finished. Now, food.~ The dragon spoke into Tahvo's mind, startling him. Before he could retort anything back though, he was approached by a woman. He would have been impressed by her beauty, if his eyes hadn't been so busy darting all around him, trying to process what had happened, and was happening.

A brief explanation that left nothing clear and implied there were other peole here was all he got from that woman, before being guided to what he was told were his bed chambers. He had picked up the dragon by instinct, and carried i ton one arm, using the other one to push the curtain aside. His mouth fell open slightly at the luxury that greeted him. It looked a lot like the room he had in the home he grew up in, but the pink tones present in his childhood room had been replaced by a richer, deeper red, more fitting for an adult like him.

He was around to turn around to look for that woman again, when his gaze fell on the most impressive object of the room: a big ass (cue his mother scolding him for using bad words, had he been a child) bookshelf filled with books, so many more books than he had seen in years. He half gasped, half screeched as he trotted over to the bookshelf, and eyed the titles. He raised a hand to try and pick one, but he could settle for one. THERE WERE SO MANY. Finally he picked one, closing his eyes and letting his finger touch a random book, and went to sit on the bed, so much bigger and more comfortable than the one back in his home.

He placed the book on the bed and opened it to start reading, but he heard a strange little noise. Some kind of chirp. He looked down at the dragon. The small beast was staring up at him. ~Feed me.~ With his small head the dragon gestured towards a barrel, that had some raw meat waiting for them. Leaving the dragonling on the bed, he went to look for the meat, and soon was reading this new book, feeding the small lizard several pieces of meat. The dragon didn't bother with an introduction. He was on a comfortable bed, being fed by a pretty human, in a warm, spacious place. There was no point in ruining it with a chat they could have later.

Tahvo was reading happily, not caring about this being dream or reality, when he was startled by a voice suddenly storming into his mind, but in a delicate manner. He looked around in confusion, and then a second voice came. ~Waiting? Go. Carry me.~
The man looked down at the creature, unsure of it being the source of the second voice. He gave an inquiring look, pointed at the dragon, and was answered with a small chirp. Tahvo leaned back, impressed by how the creature seemed to be intelligent, and by how now he was hearing ~Yes. Me talk. We go. You carry me.~

He couldn't help but smile. He found the dragon to be so endearing, despite him being so demanding. It was just so cute, with his tiny little eyes, the tender wings and those chirps he let out. He scooped up the dragon, a bit sad to leave the book behind, and tried stepping out of his room. He looked around, clutching the red dragon close to his chest, waiting to see if he saw any of the other people the woman he met earlier had hinted at.

[/fieldbox]

• Love
[fieldbox="Eli and Tyrale, maroon, solid"]
Eli was determined to get some answers, and to get them now. He felt bad for leaving-Ryyker was it?-so suddenly the way he did. It was rather rude, but the guy seemed content with the current predicament and he obviously didn't have the answers that Eli needed, so his only chance was to find those women or wait for everything to become clear like they had said. He didn't know if everyone else here was like Ryyker or that Wreaver guy, but surely somebody thought all of this was crazy just like he did. He knew he was a day dreamer and all, but even he knew what was supposed to be real and what wasn't. Things like this doesn't just happen. These were fairy tales, stories, imaginations! He had many crazy and wild thoughts run through his head of things like this happening, and it was always fun and interesting, but for it to actually happen never in his life time occurred to him. Perhaps that's why he had such a hard time believing it. He always dreamt of things like this happening but he never expected them to actually happen, and now that it did, he was convinced that he really was dreaming or something was incredibly wrong.

He was no hero or chosen one, or whatever means it was that brought him here.

Tyrale was simply enjoying the ride even if his meal had been cut a little short. But he was curious to see more of this place as well. The little guy was not much of a talker, sometimes sprouting words here and again, but so far most of their communication was based off through emotions and images that ran through the dragon's head. He had currently climbed out of the crook of Eli's arm and pulled himself up onto his shoulder, but his overly-sized wings were getting in the way, so he slipped down Eli's back and perched himself there. His claws clinging onto the back of Eli's shirt as his tail wrapped itself around Eli's upper left arm for better purchase, all the while his wings were securely tucked close to his body. Now it was almost like Eli had wings himself. The young dragon's eyes were staring with wonder at the structure around them, and Eli could feel the many questions within the dragon's head from flashes of images and thoughts, yet there was no way he could answer any of them.

Eli did not get very far when he suddenly spotted another man, but this wasn't what caught his attention. It was what the guy was holding within his arms. It was another dragon, but this one was red as well! Who would've guessed? Yet at first glance Eli could tell instantly that his dragon and this man's was not the same at all. For one thing Tyrale's scales were of a more brilliant red that gleamed brightly when touched by torch light, yet this dragon's scales were darker, almost the color of crimson. His dragon was a Ruby while this one seemed like just a red, yet just as majestic and fearsome. Eli found his steps slowing till he approached the new comer, though he didn't even know what he had planned to say.

"Um...." Yes, his people's skills were flawless. "Hey." Nailed it. But then he was silent. It seemed he had used up all his resources and was now coming up blank.

Luckily his dragon came to his rescue. The little guy's head snaked over Eli's shoulder and made a greeting in the Draconic language towards his fellow kin within the man's arms. Eli smiled at his friend's social attitude. He had always believed that dragons were antisocial creatures and preferred to keep to themselves when they weren't burning down villages or crops. This of course earned him a whack in the head from Tyrale's tail, who was glaring at him with those dark obsidian eyes.

"Ow! What was that for?" He demanded, rubbing his head where his dragon had whacked him.

Tyrale only snorted, and Eli was able to feel that the dragon had been greatly insulted by his Bonded's impression of his kind and therefor, him. Eli blushed, having forgotten that the dragon could read his every single thought, which was a bit unsettling... He wasn't used to sharing his thoughts or feelings with another, and it was surely something he would have to get used to and remember often, otherwise he could really end up doing something stupid. Tyrale seemed to understand his uneasiness for the young Ruby cooed softly and gave a small nuzzle to Eli's cheek. Though the dragon didn't say, Eli knew that the young dragon meant no harm and didn't mean to intrude on any privacy, and he would respect Eli's space and wishes. But they were in this together, and just as the dragon knew everything about Eli, Eli would know everything about him. This....really touched Eli. He just met this dragon not even an hour ago, yet this little guy was practically holding Eli's heart in his claws, and it left him choked up. How could such a small creature hold such power over him? He didn't even come remotely close to feeling anything like this, even when he had Talin.

He lifted a hand and stroked the Ruby's head, who happily accepted the sign of affection, before he returned his gaze to the man standing before him. The guy probably thought he was a complete nutcase. "Sorry, I'm still...processing all that's happening right now. I'm guessing you were suddenly whisked away here too, huh?" He asked. "I'm trying to find some answers, but it seems like everyone here is just as clueless as I am." He didn't know why he was talking to the guy. Everyone here was complete strangers, but perhaps he was hoping for some kind of hint as to what is going on and who was sharing his same feelings.

"I think those women said something about a Dining Hall." He continued. "I suppose we can try to find our way there and seek some answers. That is, if you plan on finding answers." So far the people he had met seemed completely fine with what was happening to them and had no real worry about what all of this coudl mean. Besides, this guy had a red dragon as well, so... It was like they were dragon brothers! Of course he didn't say that out loud. It was more like a small little zone of comfort for himself.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Wreaver walked into what could only be described as a feast fit for royalty, food was everywhere and the different foods were uncountable. Being careful to isolate himself as far from anyone as he could he took a seat as far from the priestesses as he could, Drachma sliding down to a seat next to him, his head just over the table as he tried to reach for a smoked duck breast.

~Uh... A little help here...~ came the telepathic voice in Wreavers head, with something akin to embarrassment comimg with it. Wreaver smiled at the innocence the hatchling had, until Drachma used his shoulder and bashed it onto Wreavers arm, ~It not funny!~ Drachma said bearing his little teeth in feigned anger, more embarrassed than anything.

With a chuckle Wreaver tore off thr breast and tore it in half, giving half to the small dragon and wolfing the other down himself, without manners or etiquette. Drachma ate his half and then looked around, realising for the first time that they were further away from everyone else.

~Why are we not with the others?~ Drachma asked, his green eyes fixated on Wreaver. ~Because, little one, it is better to idolate yourself from their kind. They would judge us based on how we look, I vaguely remember when I touched the egg, my memories were shared with you. You know my life, you know what I am and how people like these despise those like me. It's why I hide my face and it's why its best not to get close to any of the others.~ Wreaver replied as he washed the duck down with a sweet red wine.

He scanned the room making eye contact with anyone who looked his way, finally resting his eye on the three priestesses. However nice and sweet these people might be, they'd just use him like everyone else had.

• Love
[fieldbox="Tahvo & Fierro, red, solid"]

Clutching the little dragon close to his chest, Tahvo looked around, still amazed. His eyes settled on a man that seemed to be walking towards him. He straightened his posture, when he saw it was an apparition with a mostly human appearance, but with small dragon-like wings. He wondered what the being had to tell him. But it made only a couple of low noises that could be stretched into a salutation. Tahvo's eyebrows furrowed, and he tilted his head, wondering if this winged man was being enigmatic on purpose. But then another dragonling crawled up from behind the man, and he let out a small 'oh', feeling stupid for assuming the man was a mystical being and not just another clueless person with his own lizard. Fierro replied with a strange mix of chirps and buzzes. He was very vocal and able to make a wide spectrum of noises. Tahvo assumed he was being friendly, but the dragon's 'Hey there' came across as more grumpy than anything.

Tahvo observed the man, waiting for him to say something else. But instead he remained silent, then got red in the face, and seemed to both argue and quickly reconcile with his dragon. Tahvo looked down at Fierro, looking for an opinion on them, or recommendation on what to do, but he got the mental impression of a shrug. He looked back at the man, who seemed still deeply affected by what happened, or maybe acted strange because he was a character in a dream. Whatever the case, maybe it was better to give them some space. He was in the act of stepping aside when the man turned towards him, so he planted himself in place, trying to not make it obvious that he had been about to flee because this was really awkward.

'O-Oh!' He said in surprise, looking annoyed without meaning to. In all honesty he was just surprised, not finding the man completely unlikable. 'Sorry, I thought I was in a dream and you were a person in it. But yes, I went to sleep and just woke up here, without explanation.' He had a bit of an accent, or a strange, refined way of speaking. If someone knew of his past, it would be obvious he spoke as a noble, and among commoners, people usually thought he was that kind of man that liked to lie with another man.

He looked past the man, wondering where said dining hall could be. 'Yes... But I doubt the answers we find will make any of this have much more sense.' He replied. Taking a couple of steps towards where he thought the dining hall was, he looked at his side, towards the man. 'Tahvo, by the way.' He introduced himself nonchalantly, before continuing on his way, assuming the man would walk along without being told to. And if he didn't, it wasn't his right to make him do so.

On their way there, Tahvo struggled with his dragon, trying to clean up some of the dried goo remaining on him with just a finger and some salive. The dragon wasn't liking having salive smeared all over him. Some bites here and there happened, but they both stopped on their tracks when they noticed what has served on the table of the dining hall. It had been a very long time since Tahvo had such a luxurious meal. And the dragon was just very into food.

They went to sit down at the nearest chair available. Were there any cutlery available, Tahvo remembered how to use all of it, and his nice posture and manners gave him a dignified appearance. He didn't want to start eating until he was sure everyone was seated, as is education dictated. After a single glance at the man wolfing down his food, without commenting on it, he grabbed the smallest plate he could find, and started chopping up some food for his small lizard. The baby dragon's mouth watered at the sight of the food so near him, and he attempted to jump face first into it, but he was dragged back to his human's lap. With a huff, he blew out some smoke through his nose, and crawled up to the table, hoping staring into Tahvo's mind and urging his soul would make him go faster. It didn't. 'I'm sorry. This little guy here has really bad manners.'

~Fierro.~

~Huh?~

~Name. Fierro. No "Little Guy". Tahvo.~

Tahvo smiled, liking that name, and wondering just for a moment how the lizard knew his name, but at this moment he was willing to believe almost anything. So as he waited for the rest to arrive, he realized he had high hopes and an open mind to whatever these women had to say.

His open mind hadn't prepared him for this though. He didn't even realize Fierro had climbed onto his plate and was eating directly from his fork. Once another guy had blurted out his questions, he added in a softer voice 'How do we know we can trust you? You say you are priestesses. I hope you're not planning to hammer religion onto us. And how did we even get here?'

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Ryyker arrived in the dining hall and waste little time in getting himself a large plate of meat, and tossing some to Orthrax while scanning the room. While listening to the women. He couldn't help but burst out laughing when they referred to the riders as hero's.
"Hero's my ass from what I see is I'm the only capable person here. I've already meet the clown of the group." Ryyker says referring to Eli And all I see here is some eye candy and guys who look tough." Ryyker says to no one in particular. His eyes rest on Suki. "At least we got some cute girls." Ryyker days as he takes in all of Suki's appearance.

• Bucket of Rainbows
No sooner had Fafnir finished his snack that Tyr heard a scream of terror. He stepped out into the doorway and looked about the halls, seeing nothing more than another guy on the ground with a dragon on his chest, two others standing over him. ~Nothing important. No harm done or intended.~, Fafnir assured him. Then came a voice, a woman's. It was odd to him. Had another one besides the dragonling now at his feet intruded into his mind? Could they hear is thoughts now as well? Regardless, something about a feast and answers was the message. Answers definitely seemed like a good idea to Tyr, while Fafnir seemed more intent on the thought of a feast. ~You have longer legs. You carry me. We get there much faster.~ Tyr chuckled a little at this, but then offered down his arm, which the little dragon readily climbed up and positioned himself between Tyr's back and axe, his claws resting on one of Tyr's shoulders. ~Off then. Food awaits!~

As Tyr neared the dining hall, the scents grew more and more appealing. Without hesitation, Fafnir leaped from his place and ran over to an empty table, expecting to be served. It then occurred to Tyr that there were many others in that room as well. As the "priestesses" as they called themselves spoke, Tyr did nothing more than stand in the doorway. After they had concluded, he took two plates and sat down in a chair next to his dragon. He had but one question, seemingly posed already by a man with a dark red dragon. Tyr decided to voice it anyway, to avoid unnecessary confusion. "Yes, by what force and authority do you rip us from our own lives? Even if, according to you, we're supposed to be "heros", I do not see how you have the right to do any of this." When one man, all the way in the back called himself the only capable one, Tyr chuckled a little to himself, parts of his armor making small clanging noises as he did so. Of course, he didn't want to cause trouble, but he thought it awfully presumptuous. ~These people seem at least a little entertaining.~ Fafnir was reaching for a roast ham when he noticed Tyr was telepathically speaking to him. ~I don't really care who thinks what. And umm... I can't reach the food.~ Tyr smiled a little and grabbed a knife that was sitting next to this ham. He cut off a couple slices and put them on the plate he had gotten for the little dragonling. He then got one for himself and took a bread roll. He began eating, awaiting the answers to the many questions from the group.

((Edit: fixed color coding. Fafnir's telepathy was the same color as Tyr's in one line.))

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.