LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Online availability depends entirely on what is going on in life. I have a kindergartener, a baby on the way, and I'm the spouse to an officer, meaning without me, the house becomes a fallout warzone. On top of all of that, I write for work as well as for fun...so work tends to come first.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy and Sci-Fi are my two major favorites. However, I tend to be quite the picky player. I prefer an RP with a great deal of development...the world, the lore, everything. And for those GMs looking for help with lore, I love to world build!
LutDE_Banner.png

[btn=modc|http://partheus.webs.com/]Website[/btn] [btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/light-up-the-dragons-eyes.157636/]In Character[/btn]​

• The threat of war storms over Kabola once more, threatening to completely wipe out the dragon population. A mysterious enemy has risen high atop Mount Tarja, gaining the allegiance of the Tarjan Army, the greatest army of varonians to have ever stepped foot on the Mainland. But the gods have a trick up their sleeve. Five special varonians have been chosen to make a bond with five different breeds of dragon – known simply as the Pact – allowing them to speak to the dragons and use unique and special abilities. With their soulmates backing them and their comrades at their sides, will these dragon riders be able to conquer the brewing evil, or will it finally prove to be too much for the gods and their beloved dragons to handle?

For more information, be sure to explore this page! If this interests you, be sure to either PM me or post on here any and all questions you may have. Enjoy!

• IC OPEN - SIGN-UPS CLOSED

Where we are in the IC: We've made it to the second day, and the showing of weapon proficiencies is coming to an end. Next on the list: Elements, Meditation, & Religion. After that is dinner and then free time - where chars are free to interact after the day's work is over with. Then, we move on to the next day, which is a full day of Arcanus.

WE HAVE NO SLOTS LEFT - Sign ups will only open back up if we have a player base of three or more drop. Sorry, everyone!

Working on a new calendar, since Iwaku ruined mine. Thanks, Iwaku! I'm making it in PS, so it'll be a while. I'll keep you guys updated.

Claimed Dragons/Elements
    Mowkie - Mercury Dragon//Light
    Soulserenity20 - Ammolite Dragon//Spirit
    RiddL - Bloodstone Dragon//Death
    Takashi - White Dragon//Water
    LoveandHate91 - Black Dragon//Darkness
    DracoGale4 - Ruby Dragon//Life
    Isho13 - Red Dragon//Fire
    Vio - Peridot Dragon//Earth
    Bitterblue - Silver Dragon//Air

• Hello!

I'm Mowkie, and this is my attempt at a more laid back version of my Partheus/Kabola RP.

Partheus is my world, and it has been a work in progress for the past ten years. The story you see above is the overall intro to The Mercy of Inhalla, the true war of Kabola, which is the largest of the three continents of Partheus. It is the setting for the final book of the trilogy I'm currently working on. Because of the amount of characters and separate personalities needed, I thought it would be awesome to have a group role play involving the ten chosen that I can later use as inspiration for the book - however, the events in this RP will not necessarily be put into effect in the book, and the characters created will not be the same as those we play.

As noted in my interest check thread, this is going to be a very slow-paced RP. This is important to note if you're interested in being a part of the story, as I (as the GM) have a very hectic life RT, and I can't 100% guarantee my presence or activeness based on the schedule I've set. I might be on exactly when I say, or I could be a few weeks late. Of course, that is what the OOC is for - as I'll be posting updates on whether or not I'll be able to post when I said I would. You as the player must be okay with the hectic schedule of your GM and - if at all possible - be willing to stick to it despite my inability to keep up.

If you are okay with that, GREAT! I will be quite active OOC, as I can use my phone and can sometimes get on for short spans of time while my daughter is napping. Questions will always be encouraged and answered as swiftly as possible. Due to the slowness of this, I'm going to do my best not to be my nitpicky self, so as long as I notice that you put forth an effort, I'm not gonna get upset (whether that's over the charrie sheet or a post that doesn't go 100% according to plan) - this is gonna be pretty lax...but at the same time, I do expect effort. That's all I ask. <3

Please, enjoy what my world has to offer!

PS - Soulserenity20 is my Co-GM, just in case she's needed to keep anyone in order or up-to-date. YAY!

• Kabola is a world that was once filled with peace and tranquility. Upon its beautiful surface, all sorts of wondrous creatures lived harmoniously beneath the benevolent rule of the creations of Kallydrana.

The Dragons.

It was by their kind guidance and beneath their thoughtful gazes that the various bits of life thrived beyond the creations of the Kalidyrre, Kallydrana's children. And for centuries, it would remain this way.

Until the jealousy of Varon, Kallydrana's first grandchild, destroyed the peace and created the first abomination fueled to do one thing and one thing only.

Hate.

Varonians, as they called themselves, were the picturesque of perfect in Varon's eyes. Those with golden hair, fair skin, and shimmering blue eyes would be the ones to rule over the others in his image. At first, all they would do was worship Varon as their one and only God. Beneath his rule, they took over the edge of the Thruskior Mountains and began to build villages that would later become towns and even great cities. The City on the Mountain, known at the time as Tarjana beneath the rule of King Tarja I, became the capital. At first, it was a barren town built in a circle around the base of the largest mountain in the land, but as time passed, the mountain was carved up and up until at the very top sat a castle carved of the very stone the mountain had to offer.

It was at this time that Varonians met their first dragon.

The dragon's name was Allara, a beautiful creature of fifty feet with opalescent eyes and scales darker than even the night sky. She greeted the strange creatures before her with kindness and an open heart.

In return, they attacked her.

This early in their lives, Varonians were not yet capable of bringing down a dragon…much less a Kallydran Dragon, the first species to rise from the soil of Kabola. Still, she flew away and watched from afar as the violent creatures grew and populated, slowly beginning to cover the Eastern half of Kabola. Their violence began to spread like wildfire to other areas, meeting other species. Some opened themselves up to the creatures, while others shut them out.

But not all Varonians were evil. Upon seeing the great Allara, some of them wandered away from the hatred and built their own settlements. One of the most well-known across what came to be known as the Mainland was the City of Ranas – also known as the City of Dragons. Run by a circle of women known simply as the Priestesses, this city came to acknowledge the power of the dragons. In return, the dragons would come and teach them of Kallydrana – Inhalla, as they knew her – and the Kalidyrre.

All of this, however, is gone…as it has been for a long time, now.

Kabola is not a world of peace and tranquility. Not anymore.

Instead, it is a world divided by corruption, loss, and hatred.

Across the Mainland, war brews thickly as tension rises across the mountains that guard the heart of the land. Since the last war that created a chaos so thick, it nearly destroyed all life, nothing has seemed safe. No one rests peacefully. Not for the last thousand years.

And now, it seems to have begun again. This time, however, it will be bigger…and if it is not contained before the storm hits, it may very well be the end of all things.

dragons-divider.png

The last war, known only as the Great War, was around a thousand years after Varonians first opened their eyes to behold the wonders of Kabola. When the dragons roamed freely, Varon placed as much of his hatred for Kallydrana, Queen of the Gods, into the minds of his creations, driving them to desire only one thing – the death of all dragons. Upon building settlements and armies, they prayed to their Almighty God, who gave them his orders. Upon receiving them, the Varonians laid siege to every dragon they could find, killing hundreds – even thousands – of precious dragons. For a century, the slaughter continued until, finally, Kallydrana found a way within the laws of the Thestimosa – the Universe – to help her children without destroying the world.

By the time the Great War ended, all of the Kallydran Dragons, the rulers of all dragons and the first creations of Kallydrana, were wiped away from existence. All but one, the great Allara, the first and oldest of all beautiful onyx creatures. With most of the other dragons now hiding from the hatred and rage of the humans, and Allara's task done, she hid herself away from almost a thousand years, hoping that with time, Varonians would begin to see the beauty of peace.

Instead, she was forced to watch as some of the dragons lost themselves to their hatred, growing in anger and finding themselves to be almost as cruel as most Varonians. These dragons would never return to their benevolent roots. However, she also saw that others found pity for these senseless beings who could not witness the true power of their Inhalla – their Mother of All – and the Kalidyrre, the Council of the Gods. Allara saw with horror that the surface of Kabola would forever be scarred by this war, and the skies would no longer be filled with dragons.

Varonians became detached from the rest of the Mainland, separating themselves into a single half, coming to be known as the Plains of Varon. The rest of the continent was taken over by those who revered the Kalidyrre, the original ten gods and their queen. Bracchus Elves ruled the Plains of the Pilgrim on the other side of the mountain ranges and the massive Lake Waconiba to the North. The Verian Forest was forever closed off to the Varonians by the Dalin Elves and the Ksiux Dragons. It was only in the Plains of Varon that Varonians were able to rule…and rule they would, building cities and farms all across the great expanse to better tame the land.

Within the hearts of many Varonians, however, the compassion that had met their hearts during the Great War never truly left. And it was that compassion – that love – that gave Kallydrana hope. So, she waited with the watchful eyes of her sweet daughter, Allara, for the right time to let that love blossom.

dragons-divider.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]It's been well over a thousand years, now. Since then, varonians have settled down, and the dragon population has been given a chance to grow once more. Unfortunately for the Kallydran Dragon, Allara was never able to find a mate of the same noble breed. Now, even she has perished, and it seems that all is lost for the great rulers of the dragons. However, hope has seemingly been reborn, for a hidden message has been released into the dreams of a few Chosen varonians, whose hearts have been deemed pure by the Kalidyrre.[/BCOLOR]

In the Hearts of Some shall find
    The seed that oft' gets left behind
    With Minds of Ihnikxia bound Pure and Strong
    Love shall take hold and Right all the Wrong

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some time after having such a dream, each Chosen eventually finds his or her destiny through the heart of a dragon. Whether finding a lost egg or even a baby already hatched, the Chosen is able to make the sacred Pact, even without the light of all three moons, and bond their souls with the souls of the dragons forever. Upon making the Pact, each newfound pair finds themselves somehow standing in the center of the ancient city of Ranas, forever told to have been wiped out during the Great War. Upon each arrival, the new pairs are greeted by three beautiful women, young and fair, though ancient and frightening. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Within the walls of Ranas, the new pairs will train and learn the arts of the dragons - magic, advanced weaponry, and fighting on land as well as in the air and even in water. They must learn quickly, for the fate of all Kabola rests on their shoulders, alone. Will this ragtag group of newborn dragon riders find their way in the chaos of war? Or will Kabola be doomed to a spiral of chaos that ends with the death of all life as they know it?[/BCOLOR]

• Taking this one month at a time, I'll be giving basic titles as to what we'll be doing day by day in the IC. When the day is over, I'll cross it out. When the month is over, I'll take it down and put up a new month. XD That way, we all know where we're at. ALSO NOTE: We are NOT going to be RPing every individual day out...this is just to show you what the characters will be doing. And to give you guys cool collab ideas. XD

Karanas || Early Spring || Year 1 || Age of the Ancients
    Nyrdur Anadur Suthdur Kandur Thaydur Arydur Kthudur
    ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
    ----------- ----------- ----------> First Dragon/Rider Appearances 1st Training Day - Overview 2nd Training Day - Arcanus 3rd Training Day - Weapon Skills
    REST - Worship for Religious 4th Day - Elements 5th Day - Skill Development (Study Day) 6th Day - Teambuilding - Riders Choose to stay or leave 7th Day - Dragons Learn Flight 8th Day - Meditation & Control 9th Day - Weapons & Arcanus
    REST - Worship for Religious// Priestesses Reveal Kalidyrre 10th Day - Dragons Learn Breath Weapons 11th Day - Study Day 12th Day - Teambuilding 13th Day - Weapons & Arcanus 14th Day - Riders Learn to Ride - Not on Dragons YET 15th Day - Practice Skills Learned so Far

General Knowledge
RP-Specific

• [COLOR=#800080][SIZE=5]Mowkie[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Suki Imeara & Ihni'kou
    Kahvana Aarland

[COLOR=#800080][SIZE=5]Soulserenity20[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Raijin Imeara & Yrenxia Fheragor

[SIZE=5][COLOR=#800080]RiddL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Wreaver & Drachma

[COLOR=#800080][SIZE=5]Takashi[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Tyr Brynhildr & Fafnir

[SIZE=5][COLOR=#800080]LoveandHate91[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Rider
    Name: Ryyker Sien
    Place of Origin: Taval
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 186 IBS
    Appearance
    chara_ashley-jpg.131551

Hair: Orange
    Eyes: Red
    Personality:
    Honorable: Ryyker is a honorable person if he says he will do something he will and he will keep his word.
    Practical: Thinks if everything in a practical manner and didn't deal with chance.
    Kind Hearted: He has a kind heart and always seems to help someone out as long as he can stay out of the thick of things and remain unnoticed.
    Prideful: He very confident in his abilities and didn't believe he could ever lose.
    Greedy: He loves to have money due to the fact he grew up with very little.
    Twisted Morals: Growing up with Jaralaxe twisted Ryykers morals, to him drugs, alcohol, cigrettes and sex are pleasures.
    Anger issues: Ryyker channels all emotions into anger. He believes anger is what made him perfect on the knight Riven died and why he needs to be perfect.
    Self mutilation: When Ryyker loses a battle or takes a wound he will punish himself for not being perfect. Causing himself pain will drill it into his head.

Skills & Abilities:
    Dual wielder: Ryyker has trained for a couple years to use twin katanas, and can use the in sync. He still has a lot to learn.

Shadow magic: Ryyker has heard a voice all his life he thought he was just crazy and made up this dark voice to keep himself company. But eventually he'd walked into a shadow and comr out if it down the street or have a blade or chain made from shadows.
    Shadow walk: Ryyker can freely walk into a shadow and come out another one.
    Shadow chains: Chains tipped with a blade to bind enemy's or hang them.
    Shadow blades: Shadows shaped like swords, spears or arrows that can be fired at enemy's like projectiles.
    He has yet to learn this power very well.
    Strengths:
    Speed and agility: Ryykers fighting style has him attack and dodge he can attack quickly with precision and move before his enemy can retaliate.
    Companionship: Ryyker and Orthrax have a good understanding of each other, and can tell what the other plans to do, using each others movements to create openings and advantages.

Weaknesses:
    Teamwork: Ryyker isn't good working with a team if people he don't know or trust he will hesitate to help new team mates and won't put himself in danger to help them.
    Can't take jokes: Ryyker takes everything seriously and dosnt like jokers if someone jokingly makes fun of him or his skills he will take it personally and may start s fight about it.
    Fear of depths: Ryyker is afraid of deep water he can't see the bottom or some if the creatures down there.
    "I'm not afraid I'm just sea sick."
    Perfectionist: Ryyker dosnt admit to any weakness or fear to him he is perfect and needs to stay that way to survive.
    No armor: Ryyker dosnt wear any armor so any direct attack that connects will hurt him.

Brief history:
    Ryyker grew up in the gutter if Tavel and had to learn to live by being a scavenger and thief. He was eventually taken in by a older man named Jaralaxe. Jaralaxe called himself a dark monk he was forced to leave the monk life for breaking rules like fighting outside not in self defense, he also smoked, drank, and did illegal drugs he did that to numb his sense of pain so he could fight longer. He was supposed to be banished but he didn't leave he did a ton of drugs before taking on the head monk and managed to kill him which made Jaralaxe a wanted criminal with the charge being murder. Jaralxe then made a deal with his drug dealer Jinx he was too be her body guard along with her sister Scarlet.

Ryyker eventually caught the eye if Jaralaxe after escaping from a group of locals that he stole food from. Jaralaxe saw a business opportunity with the kids on the streets these thief's were a me to steal and escape like no adult could. So Jaralaxe went around Taval picking up kids who showed skill or promised and tempted them to join him with the promise of a place to live with meals and a family. Jaralaxe got ten kids in total but only three stood out Nova a young girl two years younger then Ryyker she was good at causing distractions like fakeing a injury or knocking over carts allowing Ryyker to take the items and try to escape if anyone was able to keep up Jaralaxe found a big kid named Rivan to act muscle and extra protection, Rivan could take a lot of hits and deliver a lot back. As the years went on Jaralaxe started teaching the kids about combat where Ryyker took a liking to using two blades. So Jaralaxe made a deal with the drug dealers sister Scarlet the weapon master she started training Ryyker at the age of eight as long as she got a cut of jaralaxes profit. Scarlet made a mistake by telling Ryyker one store had two katanas that would fit his style perfectly. Ryyker then set up a plan to steal the weapons not a very good plan since Jaralaxe made the rest. So Ryyker broke into the store at night to steal the weapons but it alerted the owner who sent his dogs after him. Rivan was worried about Ryyker not being back so he went to search for him and saw the dogs chasing him and s man with a sword, Rivan who was like a big brother couldn't bear to have another family member killed Rivan rushed the man and tackled him into a wall, and grabbed a dog by the tail yanking it back and goughing out one eye before yelling to Ryyker to run but the man stabbed his sword into Rivans back piercing his heart. Ryyker thought he could still save Rivan so he drew the two katanas and rushed back taking a dogs head off before having a sword fight with the man and the hits Ryyker scored began to add up and Ryyker was able to slash the mans throat with his blades, a complete sttoke of luck, as Nova and Jaralaxe arrived, they then took Rivan back to Jaralaxes base but it was too late Rivan was dead. Jaralaxe scolded Ryyker on his terrible plan since it ended Rivans life.
    Ryyker continued to train under Scarlett with his new blades. And on one dead when Ryyker and Nova were heading to Scarlet's to learn new combat skills a group of thugs attacked Ryyker and Nova they beat up Ryyker pretty bad before taking Nova and gang raping her before thinking that with her looks and body she would make them a lot more money selling her off as a slave or selling her to someone for a week or so and they could do anything sexually they wanted with the young cute girl there were a lot of bandits and guys who wanted a girl to do all kinds of disgusting things. Once Ryyker was able to move again he tried to track them down and ended up in the gutter. He was able to find the thugs and was able to fight and defeat them all and Nova got away in the confusion. Ryyker felt like somthing was calling him he followed it and found a black colored rock and when he touched it he was engulfed by darkness and ended up in a ruined city.

Relationships:
    Jaralaxe 57: Mentor almost like a father Dark Monk excellent fist to fist fighter some weapon training loves to fight, drink, smoke, do drugs and have sex. Still in Taval.
    Nova 23: Partner/ Former girlfriend even though Ryyker and Nova worked together it seems their relationship went farther then just partners they liked each other and dated for a small time. Still in Taval.
    Rivan deceased: like a big brother to Ryyker and Nova he was always the one looking out for them and trying to protect them the best he could bring four years older then Ryyker.

Dragon
    Name: Ortharax
    Appearance:
    black_dragon-jpg.131550

Horns started out small and began to grow out at her current age the horns are now past her head.
    Back spikes: Ortharax has spikes growing down her spine the spikes ate connected by a fin like webbing telling her apart from the males.
    Her scales were a dull black as a baby but have a green shine to them due to the acid her body leaks.
    Ortharax was quite slender when she came out of her egg but her body has gotten more bulky and her muscles are clearly defined.
    Her tail looked just like any other but began to sport Horne's looking like a three tipped trident.
    Her eyes shine a greenish gold color.
    Her wings are smaller then most dragons.

Personality:
    Cruel: Ortharax is just downright mean tortureing anyone unlucky enough the be captured then let's the body rot before eating it. She even gets snappy with the other dragons because they annoy the hell out of her.
    Short temper: These other dragons are annoying as hell and get on her nerves without even trying.
    Greedy: Even though she's lazy any offer to start or increase her hoard will motivate her to move.
    Sadistic: Its already said that she is cruel but Ortharax loves to inflict pain sometimes slowly killing things with her acid breath.
    Masochist: Orthrax loves to infilct pain but she also likes to recieve it if it didn't disable her.
    Superiority: she needs to beat the other dragons in open battle to prove she's the alpha female. That way she can find a powerful mate so her offspring will be even more powerful.
    Attracted to power: Orthraxs quest for a powerful mate attracts her to powerful dragons.
    Abilities:
    Swimming: Orthrax learned to swim and is pretty good at it. She is also good at fighting g in the water since her wings don't slow her down like other Dragons.
    Lurking ambush: Orthrax can blend into dark envirments allowing her to attack from almost no where using her dark magic to further hide allowing her to attack at the best moment.
    Shadow magic: Orthrax has a affinity with shadows giving her a number of abilities using shadows.
    Strengths:
    Under water battle: Orthrax can fight under water well since her wings are smaller and don't hold her back.
    Size: With Ortharax being a black dragon gives her more muscle mass allowing to deal powerful attacks and take a lot of damage in return.
    Vicious nature: Even though Ortharax has power that is outdone by her vicious fighting style in a close fight she will claw, bite , slam her tail and use her breath weapon against any body part she sees.
    Gripping talons: Since Blacks arnt very good flyers she has talons in place allowing her to climb any surface she can also use them in fights to tear chunks out of her opposition.
    Ambush: Ortharaxs size and viciousness in complemented by her ambush like nature she's skilled at remaining quiet and still until she strikes.

Weaknesses
    In the moment: Ortharax has the tendency to black out and enrage on a single enemy attacking the body long past its death mutaliting the body without realizing it.
    Ambush: She's like Ryyker she likes to ambush her opponents and may wait to join a fight or hesitate if she can't ambush she liked having the advantage.
    Masochist: Ortharax takes some pain more as pleasure and may allow more attacks to land but may back fire if too many attacks add up.
    Open skies: Ortharax is used to swimming and climbing she is more clumsy in aerial combat.
    Deserts/sand: The sand can get under Ortharaxs scales and irritate her.
    [COLOR=#800080][SIZE=5]DracoGale4[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Eli Stone & Tyrale

[SIZE=5][COLOR=#800080]Isho13[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Tahvo Ghyldamere & Fierro

[SIZE=5][COLOR=#800080]Vio[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Emelyn Forge & Lyka

[SIZE=5][COLOR=#660066]Bitterblue[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Calina Akassa & Kilyria

• There are up to 10 chosen dragons for this story. Each will be placed here with the name of the player beside it.

Mercury - Mowkie - Character Accepted
    Ammolite - Soulserenity20 - Character Accepted
    White - Takashi - Character Accepted
    Bloodstone - RiddL - Character Accepted
    Black - LoveandHate91 - Character Accepted
    Ruby - DracoGale4 - Character Accepted
    Red - Isho13 - Character Accepted
    Peridot - Vio - Character Accepted
    Silver - Bitterblue - Character Accepted

For all Dragon Information ~ World of Three Worlds
    PM me for further information on the dragons who are not yet written.

To give the order in which the dragons appear on the web page, please look at the table below.

The Good The Bad The Rare
    Silver
    Red
    (Claimed)
    Onyx
    (Unavailable)
    Emerald
    Black
    (Claimed)
    Mercury
    (Claimed)
    Turquoise White
    (Claimed)
    Opal
    (Unavailable)
    Sapphire Gold Platinum
    (Claimed)
    Bronze
    Bloodstone
    (Claimed)
    Labradorite
    (Unfinished)

Peridot
    (Claimed)
    Brass
    Ruby
    (Claimed)
    Blue Amber Obsidian
    Amethyst Ammolite
    (Claimed)
    Epidote
    (Unfinished)
    Zircon Pietersite Moonstone
    -------- Brown
    (Unfinished)
    Sunstone

There really is no telling just how long a dragon can live. Some believe the great beasts could survive millions of years, others believing merely hundreds. But for all dragons, there is truly no age limit. There are simply age classifications, which are listed below.​

Classifaction Age Range
    Hatchling 0-2 Years
    Youth 2-16 Years
    Adolescent 16-20 Years
    Young Adult 20-30 Years
    Adult 30-500 Years
    Young Wyrm 500-1,000 Years
    Wyrm 1,000-2,500 Years
    Great Wyrm 2,500-5,000 Years
    Old Wyrm 5,000-10,000 Years
    Ancient 10,000 Years & Up

• On Partheus, there are ten known Elements, secondary children born of the love and devotion Kallydrana has to her mate and her original children. Each Element has its own power, and in its own right is a royalty that none can truly understand. These Elements are more than just the base of all that makes up Partheus - they are living, breathing creatures that can take many different forms. Below, you will see a brief description of each.

It is based on these descriptions that you must base your choice for what fits best with your dragon and character. Keep in mind the dragon's personality and abilities as well as the personality of the character. Choose wisely, for many of your character's magical abilities will lie within their relationship to their Element.

Tardas - The Circle of Bases

Earth (Ihnora) - This is one of the four very basic Elements. But keep in mind that it is the bases that are the backbone to everything else. They are not to be underestimated! Earth is the strongest, wielder of dirt, sands, and stones. Those blessed with this Element can create walls, stepping stones, shields, and much, much more. They can make the soil more or less fertile, and if strong enough, can even ask great trees to do their bidding. This Element is very mellow and stable, a good support when you need it.

Air (Thuus) - The second of the four bases, Air controls the winds that fly beneath their dragon's wings. They may find themselves caressed by a light breeze or awaken to find themselves floating above their beds. Wind is a whimsical Element, happy and free. It is harder to tame than Earth and has a lighter spirit, but its friendship is an unbreakable bond.

Fire (Xhaken) - The third and most volatile of the four bases, Fire is a life force that brings warmth and light to the world. It can burn away fears and corruption, bring back the light of memories, and chase away the cold of the night. By contrast, it can take away life, harm the world, cause devastation. It can cause death as much as it brings about life. It takes stability to maintain a bond with Fire. Unfortunately, this Element seems to enjoy choosing the most volatile of creatures.

Water (Kxara) - The cool and the cold, Water washes away what Fire burns. It soothes and relaxes, freezes and sears. This Element shifts much like Air, and though it is not as whimsical, it changes its shape to fit its environment. It is mysterious and beautiful, but it can be harsh and terrifying if the one chosen by it is not careful.

Spirit (Ynxir) - Spirit is the Element that carries the souls of all living things to their physical forms, pulls them into the Next World, and keeps them lifted during times of great duress. Spirit is the most free of all Elements, the hardest of the first Circle to control. But its bonds are the strongest. It is the leader of the Tardas Circle.

Tedra - The Circle of Life

Life (Ihkari) - Life is the breath that animates the shell containing a soul. It allows the body movement and functionality. But it is so much more than that. Life is what grows the trees and all plants that graces the surface of Partheus. It is the child of the god's Life Force, creating a cycle the flows up from the ground into the shells of all living creatures and then back down. Life is the gift that ends with Death. It is the gift that all creatures must, sooner or later, give back. This Element is easily hurt, requiring a tenderness few possess. It is a demanding Element, but it is also very giving.

Death (Ihnthar) - Death is there when Life is breathed from the shell that contains the Soul. It is there when Spirit takes the Soul back to the Next World. It is there when the body decays and becomes new Life. Though associated with evil, it is not an evil Element. In fact, it is a peaceful, serene Element. Very misunderstood.

Light (Uhdyr) - Light comes from many things. The suns, the moons, the stars...it is what lets the world be seen in all its glory. It glitters from the scales of dragons and helps many see what they could not see before. It is a lighthearted and warm Element, easy to "talk" to and befriend. But sometimes, it is hard to see through all the Darkness.

Darkness (Dhanor) - The overbearing Element of Darkness is a heavy burden to bear sometimes. But like Earth, it is a strong backbone that will always be there, lurking, but not always upfront. It is the creator of many things in the shadows, and there are a great deal that have grown accustomed to its thick cloud. It is deceitful and sly, and it loves to play tricks. But it is, like all Elements, a strong friend.

Chaos (Inortia) - The first Child of Chaos, the Goddess who became Kallydrana, this Element is completely uncontrollable. At least, that is what is believed. Chaos is the leader of the Tedra Circle.

Here is the MOST RECENT list of chosen Elements.

Earth - Emelyn//Lyka (Vio)
    Air - Claimed (Bitterblue)
    Fire - Tahvo//Fierro (Isho13)
    Water - Tyr//Fafnir (Takashi)
    Spirit - Raijin//Erenxia (Soulserenity20)
    Life - Eli//Tyrale (DracoGale4)
    Death - Wreaver//Drachma (RiddL)
    Light - Suki//Kou (Mowkie)
    Darkness - Ryyker//Orthrax (LoveandHate91)
    Chaos - Kahvana (Mowkie)

• The Pact

Upon meeting their newly hatched dragons, each character will make a lasting bond that will change both the rider and dragon's lives forever. This special bond, which both physically and mentally changes each of the two it affects, is known as the Pact. Despite the typical need for all three moons to be full, for the sake of RP, this will not be necessary and happen almost instantly. Despite not having access to the moons, everything written below will take place upon the first touch made between dragon and rider.

How it Works

The bond between dragon and rider, known as the Pact, is a complex linking between the souls of each creature created by Kallydrana (Also known as Onyx) in hopes of saving her children from the wrath of Varonians. This bond can only be completed during the night that all three of the moons are full, which happens only once every twenty-five years.

Harnessing the pure power that radiates from the moons, both dragon and rider must touch as Una, the smallest moon, reaches her apex, and open their minds, bodies, and souls to the pull of the goddess, Kallydrana. The process is slow and unbelievably excruciating, the heads of the pair rolling back to stare, eyes aglow with the color of their soul (which matches the color of their aura), mouths open to reveal the same light, at the moon. The beams of light cross paths in the air between dragon and rider, halting time, itself, around them. Slowly, the soul leaves the bodies of each, taking the form of what one might think of as smoke or vapor. They reach for each other, towards the area in which their light crosses, and when they finally make it to the top, they dance around each other.

At this point, the two souls are still separate. Two distinct entities with two different colors. They swirl around each other, touching and testing the other's weaknesses and strengths, poking and prodding at every point until they are to the point of near mixing.

Upon deciding to merge, the souls "heat up," swirling faster and faster until there is no distinction between the two, creating enough friction to allow them to merge. In a single instance in time and space, the souls create a spark bright enough to contest with the illuminating light of Una as she begins to pass her apex, merging into a single entity with an entirely different color, shape, and aura. For a brief moment, this new soul hovers above its two shells, as though taking in the power of the world for one more instance before starting its final and most dangerous task.

The next step is to once more separate. Once the souls have merged into one, the new soul must find a way to merge into the two distinctive shells. So, like before, it begins to move, creating enough friction and "heat" to split itself into two smaller versions of itself, each with an equal amount of power and weakness, balanced in every way. Once split, the two halves move back down the still separate streams of light to enter into the bodies.

The rider, who was once mortal and full of limitations, must be able to accept the strength and raw power from the soul of the dragon. The dragon, who was immortal and near limitless, must accept the frailty of the rider. Upon the acceptance of these souls, the trails of light merge into the same color as the soul, no longer clashing as two separate entities. As Una completes her apex, the light fades from the eyes and mouth of both dragon and rider, and they awaken from their lapse in time and space, whole for the first time in their lives.

Not all can complete this dire transformation, however. Though Kallydrana smiles upon those who welcome her as their Inhalla, she cannot accept all of them. Sometimes, the soul will be rejected, leaving the body as a shell to wither and die. But these souls are taken into the bosom of their Almighty Mother and laid to rest in the Heart of Industrin in peace and happiness for all eternity.

What it Affects

With a new balance between frailty and power, the Pact causes many things to change not only in the ability of both dragon and rider, but also in some of the physiology of each.

Dragon Effects

• Dragons, some of which can grow to be large enough to carry an entire village upon their backs, become stunted in physical growth. No longer can even the largest of dragons grow to be larger than 25 feet long from tip to tail unless the need of the rider requires a larger dragon. Though the smaller dragons, such as the Peridot, who only gets to be 13 feet long, will grow to the maximum capability of their breed, even the mighty Ruby will be stunted to be more suitable for riding. None know of how this affects the Onyx, as there has only been a single rider who has made the Pact with such a dragon.
    • Dragons with bodies made entirely or even partly of sharp scales will naturally begin the transformation to create a harmless seat at the point between the shoulders and neck. For example, Obsidian Dragons, whose sharp scales jut out at every possible point with what might appear to be flowing magma beneath, will form a spot of what might appear to be the same color and texture of basalt flexible enough for the dragon to move and harmless enough for their rider to sit.
    • The mind of a dragon who has made the Pact must be able to conform with that of their Varonian counterpart. They gain a great deal of control, able to fluctuate just how much power they project telepathically, and they are able to create a barrier to protect their mind from intruders, an ability unique to the Pact. However, with this gain, there is loss, and the Pacted dragon's mind becomes frail when compared to that of a wild dragon. Though still powerful in many ways, if a Pacted dragon is not careful with their mind, it can very possibly become lost to the evil of another dragon.
    • With weakness comes strength. Though physically stunted, the dragon gains speed and dexterity, both on the ground and in the air; defense, their scales thickening to allow for a greater amount of hits compared to those without a rider; and a heightened form of protective magic.
    Varonian Effects

• Riders begin the transformation into a lightweight structure that can handle extreme heights and temperatures. Their bones become strong and lightweight with denser bone marrow, allowing for a higher production of white blood cells, their lungs able to quickly and efficiently take in and separate oxygen from what the body considers to be toxins while red blood cells gain the ability to more efficiently absorb oxygen from the lungs. The body temperature rises to over 100° F (38° C), having to work harder to keep all organs running properly.
    • Like the mind of a dragon, that of the rider must change and grow to accept the new telepathic abilities of the counterpart. It is no longer so weak that it risks being torn apart when the dragon speaks telepathically. It is able to stretch out and feel for other minds like a dragon, speak all known languages mentally like a dragon, and even potentially cause harm like a dragon. The rider also gains the barrier ability unique to the Pact, allowing them to shield themselves from intruders - this can include their own dragon. However, like all abilities, the rider must train to gain a greater control.
    • Still, the rider is frail and easily crushed. Like the dragon, the rider gains speed and dexterity, especially on the ground, typically double that of a non-rider humanoid, as well as strength, which can be gained up to three times the amount of another humanoid. However, unlike the dragon, the rider cannot gain armor, and must either wear armor or risk the wrath of mortal weapons. For most humanoids, magic has not yet been taught, but the Pact unlocks the full potential of the rider, even those who have been trained. Riders typically gain a heightened use of offensive magic.

• Arcana & The Magic of Partheus

The Aura

The Aura, as we know it to be, is a mystical field of energy that surrounds a human being that relates to a specific color that, typically, matches their mood or mental state. On Partheus, this theory goes a little farther.

The Aura on Partheus is the external manifestation of the soul. This field of energy is a direct projection through the shell, or body, of the essence and power of the internal soul, reflecting in a mix of colors the emotion, mental state, and raw base of the creature's very being. It is not only a Varonian trait, but the trait of every living thing in the world, even the grass. However, few can actually see this manifestation, as it requires the natural-born talent to do so. Those who have this talent can learn to understand who a person is just through their Aura.

Arcana & Magic

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sources of Magic[/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent]Life Essence - every living thing is made of a shell with a core of what is known as "Arcana," or magical essence. In order for those who have the ability to harness this Arcana, they must pull from their own source. When this source is completely depleted, the user dies. However, Arcana does regenerate with time, though the time varies depending on the type of creature. Some creatures are considered more Arcane (having more Arcana) than others, such as dragons, which are considered to be built entirely out of this strange, magical essence. Other beings that are known to be made entirely out of Arcana are the gods, the Elements, phoenixes, and Mowkies. No other creature on Partheus is made entirely out of Arcana.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Signs of High Arcana[/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent]All creatures have a small aura around them that shows their potential in the use of Arcana. Those with short auras that are seemingly dull and colorless typically have no ability in the use of Arcana, whether it be because they have no tie to their core, or are simply not smart enough. Those with a glowing aura, typically colored, have a much higher use of their Arcana, and thus can typically be seen creating works of magic. In order to see Auras, however, one must first have the natural Prophetic ability that allows for this sight.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Who Uses Magic[/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent]Beings made entirely of Arcana are born with an innate ability to use it to create magic, as though it were as simple as breathing. Other beings, particularly those who are close to the Arcane, can learn it over time with effort and intelligence (note - in later years, even simple creatures such as Varonians can learn how to harness the power of their own Arcana, but this takes most of that Varonian's life span). Those who are close to the original Kalidyrre, the Council of the Gods, or Kallydrana, herself, also have a more innate ability to use their own Arcana. Finally, those blessed with the good graces of an Arcane creature (such as an Element) are granted the use of that creature's Arcana and the unique power to it. With training under the blessing of the Arcane creature, any other living thing can also learn - with time and energy - how to use their own Arcana.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]How Magic is Used[/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent]Every way that Arcana is used is through the aura of the creature, a physical manifestation representing the power of the creature in question. There are three ways to effectively use Arcana, and four core Arcane branches. Below are the two lists.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]How it Works[/BCOLOR]

1. [BCOLOR=transparent]Reaching for Arcana - The most typical way to use magic is to reach deep within the core of the user and use the Arcana found. This is mixed with the will or desire of the user and an image borne within the user's head, allowing the Arcana to bring the idea to life. The bigger and more powerful the idea, the longer it takes to produce and the more Arcana is used.[/BCOLOR]
    2. Ritual Usage - When particularly massive ideas are desired, a group of Arcane Users (those who are closely connected with their Arcana) will gather together and create a sort of rune or image of sorts on the ground and surround it with actual objects, typically gemstones. Together, they will all reach for their Arcana and pool it together over their common idea, allowing it to come to life without the death of a single user. This requires a great deal of time and energy from each user and typically is only found in species that are not made entirely of Arcana.
    3. Arcane Items [/U]- Particularly rare across Partheus, there are some items that are blessed with a small portion of (or, in rare instances the entirety of) an Arcane creature's Arcana. These items can be both extremely helpful and debilitating to the world, and thus are hidden away to be kept safe. Those blessed with the entirety of an Arcane's essence are usually sentient.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Arcane Branches[/BCOLOR]

1. [BCOLOR=transparent]Offensive Magic uses the most Arcana and deteriorates the user the fastest. It is used for destruction - to cause harm or to scare something away. Basic spells can include creating fire, magic missiles, or poison touch.[/BCOLOR]
    2. [BCOLOR=transparent]Healing Magic is the second-most draining of the four core magics. It is used to heal wounds and bring back what once was. Basic spells include healing touch, restoration, and cleanse.[/BCOLOR]
    3. [BCOLOR=transparent]Illusion Magic is the third-most draining, but if one is not careful, it can become even more draining than Offensive Magic. Depending on the illusion, itself, this magic requires the most concentration and the clearest picture in the mind of that who wishes to cast it. This core magic creates false images to trick the minds of those it focuses on. Basic spells include project image, ghost sound, and hypnotic pattern.[/BCOLOR]
    4. [BCOLOR=transparent]Protective Magic is the least draining of the four core magic types under most circumstances, but like Illusion, it requires a great deal of concentration. This magic is used to protect and defend, building shields and barriers to keep safe those that are special. Basic spells include shield, reflect, and ward.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Arcane Limitations[/BCOLOR]
    • [BCOLOR=transparent]Arcana is a renewable source that replenishes over time. However, it can be burned up if the user is not careful, and if all of the amount granted to the user is used completely, the source is no longer renewable, as there must be enough energy in the user's body to renew it. The more the user's Arcana is burned, the less energy the user has. If not careful, the user does risk death.[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=transparent]The magic created from the user's Arcana is derived completely from the user's knowledge and imagination. The user must completely understand what he or she is trying to create before it will come to be. However, if it is within the user's capabilities, Arcana can and will create things out of thin air if necessary.[/BCOLOR]

• [BCOLOR=transparent]Certain uses of the Arcana require finite objects. For example, in order to change the range of light or create light without the blessing of the Element, one must have a dozen bloomed Luna Lilies. However, manipulating certain things, such as those under the reign of the Elements, is possible with the right tools. These particular limitations are under the jurisdiction of the creator (me).[/BCOLOR]
    Unique Uses of Arcana
    [BCOLOR=transparent]Pacted Dragons[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dragons who have made the Pact with a Varonian (or some counterpart) have a greater sense of Protective Magic. This form of magic comes much easier to Pacted Dragons than any other type of magic. Dragons who have made the Pact have a more innate sense of creating a shield around themselves and their other halves. Pacted Dragons have the ability to create barriers with little focus or effort upon making the sacred bond, and these barriers that can be created and dropped at will only grow stronger as the dragon works on that particular skill.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Like all abilities, however, Protective Magic still requires training for Pacted Dragons. It just doesn't require as much training, thought, or concentration as the other three branches.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This is also the source of the mental shield that is wrapped around both dragon and Varonian minds after making the Pact. This mental barrier allows an instinctive form of protection that can be manipulated not only by the dragon, but also by its Varonian counterpart. This allows for protection not only from enemies, but also from each other if the need arises. This can protect both dragon and rider from serious harm if the other has been injured in any way, as both dragon and rider feel the pain of an injury, no matter who it is derived from.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pacted Varonians[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Opposite to their dragons, Varonians who have made the Pact seem to have a knack for Offensive Magic. This may have something to do with the more volatile temperaments known in the Varonian hearts.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Like their dragons with Protective Magic, Varonians seem to be able to rely upon Offensive Magic with greater ease after the Pact than even some dragons who are without the Pact. Their minds seem to have a greater focus on spells that are called to do harm, and it takes less concentration to learn such things. It also seems to demand less of their Aura. Varonians who have made the Pact with a dragon will quite easily find themselves more keen to this magic than other magic types, and it will come to them much more naturally. However, it still must be learned and mastered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It is due to this that Varonians often learn Offensive magic after other types of magic to gain a better control over themselves before being subjected to a freer form. Those who are not taught other types of magic before learning Offensive Magic often find themselves with great consequences.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Elements[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unlike other forms of Arcana, Elements are living creatures all their own - Arcane creatures. Though not necessarily corporeal, they live and breathe just like any other creature of Partheus. Unlike other creatures, they are made entirely of the power of the goddess, Kallydrana. Each Element is in charge over certain aspects of the world, itself. The temperament of that Element can determine the success of its charges at any point in time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Every so often, each Element finds itself in need of a friend. In that desire to have friendship with other creatures, the Element can bless another with some of its power and the ability to call upon the Element, itself, in times of need. Unlike the other types of Arcana, this draws from both the Element and that who has been blessed. Instead of training in specific skills like other types of Magic, the user must instead gain a greater friendship with the Element. Each one who is chosen to befriend a specific Element must learn how to speak to it, nurture it, and learn from it. Over time, the abilities will get better with the teachings of the Element, itself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This is not something that dragons or any other race is better at. While dragons are chosen by Elements much more often than Varonians, those chosen stand an equal chance of gaining friendship with that Element. It's all a matter of perseverance.[/BCOLOR]

• Kabola.jpg

Kabola, first of the three continents of Partheus, is the largest and least advanced continent with Varonians ruling as tyrant leaders over the dragons. Having been through the Great War between Varonians and Dragons, which lasted nearly a century, Kabola is well known as the continent on which dragons remain hidden and dormant. The land, itself, is filled with fertile fields and plains as well as raging mountains that stretch down the western side and reach for the North-East to the Temple of the White Woman. The largest of the plains, known as the Plains of Varon, is completely inhabited by Varonians, who have built many farms, villages, and even towns across the great soils. The Varonians have adapted well enough to fight against the harsh winds and blinding rains of the plains, and some farmers have even been able to maintain great orchards that are large enough to build cities with. The continent only contains one forest, the Verian Forest, which is heavily protected by the Dalin Elves and the Emerald Dragons. There is also the Black Bog, which contains nothing but Black Dragons in their natural habitat. Beneath the two mountain ranges reside the Myzra Elves and the Thortoni Dwarves. The greatest and most noticeable landmark is the lake that takes most of the space behind the two mountain ranges known as Lake Waconiba. In the center is Silver Tail Island, the home of the Silver Haired Rider.

The actual size of the continent is somewhat hard to interpret. However, to give a basic description to the general length of travel, one would have to ride a Syntiba (which can run at maximum speed of 60 mph with average speed of 45 mph) for two months straight from Gareth to the mountain town of Lortania. Due to this, there is a sort of train station set up using great beasts called Bendrines. These creatures can carry anywhere from 20 to 70 people at a time (depending on the size of the beast) as well as shipments of basic supplies from town to town, farm to farm, at an average speed of 250 mph, greatly lessening the trip time.

Of the 67% of Partheus's water, Kabola contains approximately 3% fresh water within the continent in the lake as well as all rivers. Of the 33% of land on Partheus, Kabola takes up approximately 12%, stretching to be much larger than the other two continents. To Varonian residents of this continent, the land is known as the Mainland, while they refer to the planet as Kabola, perhaps because they do not know that there are other lands in the sea.

For More Information ~ World of Three Worlds

Ranas_Quarters.png

1. Tyr & Fafnir
    2. Rykker & Orthrax
    3. Eli & Tyrale
    4. Wreaver & Drachma
    5. Raijin & Yrenxia
    6. Suki & Ihni'kou
    7. Emelyn & Lyka
    8. Tahvo & Fierro
    9. Calina & Kilyria
    10. Kahvana
    11. Dragon Fountain
    12. Bathing Hall
    13. Dining/Meeting Hall & Kitchens
    14. Training Grounds
    15. Temple of the Kalidyrre
    16. Temple of Kallydrana

From my post in the IC:
    As she pulled aside the iridescent curtain that marked Raijin's room, Suki came to see the full scale of the place she was in for seemingly the first time. The suns were high into the sky, and their light cast deep shadows across the gray scape of what appeared to be a walled village of sorts. A cobblestone path lay before her, winding outward into a larger road that seemed to go in a full circle around whatever walled structures stood in the center.

To both her right and left were identical buildings, each with a different colored curtain. All of them were the same, gray stone, as though carved straight from a mountain instead of built. They were massive, easily large enough to house decent-sized dragons. She and Raijin had been placed closer to the back, and three buildings to the left of Rai's, she could just barely make out the road winding away from the circle of buildings back towards the fountain she had previously found herself.

Across the road from her stood a longer building, also of gray stone. This one seemed to have windows, though, and it sat much lower and appeared to be a place for varonians to gather without their dragons. Beside it was a massive temple, circular in shape, much in the same appearance as the Temple of the Moon in Badova. Like all of the other buildings, instead of doors, it had a curtain, and its doorway was easily large enough for a dragon to pass through.

Behind these buildings were massive walls of gray stone. Even from the distance she was at, Suki could make out the detailed carvings of beautiful women dancing with dragons that sprang from the gray stone, sparkling with some form of color that she was completely unfamiliar with. Uncertainty filled her as she took in the sight before her...around the buildings was another wall much the same as the one seen in the very center. Who knew what was outside of that wall? She couldn't even see a landscape, for they were so high, bodies standing tall and casting shadows as the suns raced across the sky.
    On the walls surrounding the entire area, there are no doorways of any kind. The walls are solid stone, thick enough to give a full grown dragon a hard time knocking down, and they are magically enhanced by the power of the three priestesses and a mysterious source of Arcanus unknown to the party. These walls protect the sanctuary from outside eyes that like to wander back to these mountains, making them appear like the rest of the city, which is in ruins from the Great War.

The fountain is where all new riders and dragons will appear, as if called directly to it, and it is where they go to be taken to a safe place if Kallydrana deems it necessary to hold them back from the war. This fountain is solid black, carved from a massive block of onyx stone. The base is carved to look like the scales of the ancient Kallydran Dragon, and the sparkling, clear water that fills it sparkles like the night sky, translucent in the daytime. Rising in the center is a pair of Kallydran Dragons, about the size of draft horses, sitting back on their haunches facing each other. Their heads are raised to the sky, and clear water spurts from their open maws. Their front claws are held together, and in the web of talons sits a sparkling black stone about the size of a dragon's egg. The dragons' wings are halfway outstretched, and their tails are the only things that are different about each dragon, one rising up towards the sky while the other curls around the hind legs. Both dragons have opals for eyes.

Both of the temples appear much like a Temple of Partheus without the massive, ziggurat-like pedestals, cylindrical in shape and nearly as tall as the magical walls that surround the area. Unlike a Temple of Partheus, the stone is a gray color, more like the Temple of the Moon in Badova Village, carved from the mountain, itself. On the outside, they look exactly the same, with dancing dragons carved from the stone, itself decorating each opening, be it a window or doorway. The insides are different, however.

The Temple of Kallydrana is dedicated completely to the Queen of the Gods and Mother of Dragons, and a statue of what she is perceived to look like stands tall at the back of the circular room, her arms raised up to hold what appears to be a dragon egg. Her hair is long, appearing to be caught on the wind, and she is nude from the waist, up, with a small bosom and black wings stretching from her back, much in the appearance of a dragon's. Around her legs is an airy skirt of sorts, translucent cloth holding fast to strong legs, one stretching out as though she is walking. On the floor is a colorful mosaic of every known dragon in Kabola. Some are much smaller than others, and at the very center is the Kallydran Dragon dancing in the wind as its mouth opens in a roar.

The Temple of the Kalidyrre, however, has each of the gods in their varonian representations, each holding something that represents what they reside over. At the back and center is another statue of Kallydrana, but instead of holding an egg, her arms are around her belly with a strong male figure behind her, his marble white hair carved to catch a breeze much like hers. His arms are around hers in a loving embrace. The Priestesses call him Partheus, a mythological mate to Kallydrana who is perceived to have never existed, but still worshipped by the dragons as Industrin. The floors of this temple are smooth, black marble.

The Dining Hall and Bathing Hall are set up relatively the same, with doorways on each side for easy access to all riders. In the Dining Hall, there is a wall farther to the East while it is in the very center of the Bathing Hall for the same amount of room on each side. The sides of the Bathing Hall are divided into Male (East) and Female (West), and each side contains four large pools of crystal clear water that are magically heated and cleaned daily. On the northern wall are rows of towels, jars of various smelling oils and soaps, combs and brushes, and waste bins to put soiled clothing. The Southern Wall contains four spouts from which, water can be turned on and off for a quick wash without being submerged in water - something never before seen in the Mainland. Because there are small rooms with chamber pots in each of the rider's quarters, there are none in the Bathing Hall. The Dining Hall, also known as the Meeting Hall for when the Priestesses wish to speak to the riders directly, is a simple hall with carved windows for natural light and a single, long table made from a sliced and sanded old tree trunk. The edges are still covered with bits of bark, and the chairs are the same color as the surface of the table, as if carved from the same tree. Each chair is simple with a backrest and flat, wooden seat. There are a total of 20, though they could never possibly be filled completely. The entrance to the kitchens from the hall is not covered with a curtain like all other doorways, left open for the smell of freshly cooked food to pour in during meal time. They are always open for anyone that might be hungry.

Every doorway in the sanctuary is not covered by a wooden door, but a curtain of the same color as the dragon, relatively speaking. This is to give a more open feel to the area while still maintaining privacy.

The only doors that are actual doors are the ones found on either end of the Training Grounds, which are big enough for ten Pacted dragons to stand from end to end at their greatest size. The grounds, themselves, are a softer, soil-colored sand that makes it harder for the feet to get a good grip. The walls on the inside are carved much in the same fashion as the outside, and great fire pits are lined down the center for nighttime training.

Surrounding the temples, halls, and training grounds is a great deal of greenery complete with small ponds and various fruit trees that bear fruit all year round. Because this is a home and sanctuary for the riders, the Priestesses welcome them to take whatever they wish, so long as they follow what is asked of them.

• Gareth, the Capital of the Mainland
    Population: Approx 75 Million
    Religion & Culture: Varon - The people of Gareth believe that Varon is their one true God, and this belief system has become a law upon the people. If a citizen of Gareth has a different belief, the most mercy they will find is a permanent banishment from the walls. However, in recent events, upon the discovery of the Gold Dragon, there is a rumor that Varon has taken the form of the enemy in order to bring about the reign of His people.
    Government & Community System: Like most cities, Gareth's culture is ruled by its religion. High in the seventh ring, the priests of Varon rule in secret, hidden behind a mask of a king the people believe to be real. They use the mighty Tarjan Army, a force that has been in existence since well before the Great War, to put fear and respect into the hearts of the people. The common belief is that to kill a dragon is to become the ultimate warrior. Many young men and even women yearn for the day that they can join the ranks of the great Army and travel the world to meet and kill their first dragon.

For most, however, life simply goes on without ever seeing the outside of the walls. Many come and go, but for those born and raised inside Gareth, there seems to be no escaping the tyranny of the mysterious King and his priests. To them, Varon is a god to be feared and respected, rarely merciful, always vengeful. As such, they spend their days paying respect to Him with an entire day out of the week devoted to His worship.

For more information on each ring, read below.
    Lore, Location, & Appearance: The Ringed City of Gareth is the largest city on the continent that is not in ruins, and it is the capital of the Mainland. Sitting right in front of Mount Tarja with an easy trek around the mountain to Lake Waconiba, this city is known by all who reside within Kabola to be impossible to destroy. Originally known as the city of Tarjana, Gareth was build in the year, 2431 BW (Before War) and nearly five hundred years before humans began to hunt dragons. Only after the Great War ended, and the famous dragon rider, Gareth, came to reign in the tyranny of humans, did the name of the city change. Unfortunately, Gareth fell to a mortal blade not twenty years later. However, in order to keep the name, the great Kallydran (Onyx) Dragon, Allara, warned the citizens that were the name to change, she would bring the wrath of her Inhalla down upon them. The name has remained since then.

The City, itself, is comprised of seven rings, each ring surrounded by a thick wall of solid stone and concrete hardened with the architecture of dwarves and the thick breath of Amethyst Dragons, rising at least 200 feet high each. For centuries more, these walls may stand - at least until the magic wears off, which none have figured out how long that might be. Within the rings live the people, their social structure rising with each ring. As the city goes in, so, too, does it rise, each ring higher than the previous, making it appear somewhat mountain-like.

The first three rings, each with two entrances - East/West, North/South, East/West, respectfully - contain half of the population of the city within, filled with architects, blacksmiths, and the people who work with their hands. The second ring, in particular, is filled with fertile farmlands maintained in particular to keep the people of Gareth well-fed. The first ring, which is also the largest, is also the place where many travellers - be they human, dwarf, or elf - come to stay for a night or two before continuing their journey. However, every traveller is always warned that items might be stolen in the night, and they are advised to keep all valuables close. Due to this, many travellers have been found sleeping in the stables with their Syntibas to keep their mounts from being stolen. The buildings within this ring are mostly run down, and some are even abandoned. In the shadows of alleyways, the glint of a blade can almost always be seen. The smell of smoke rising from the buildings mixes with the gunk on the streets, making it hard to breath in the thick of it without covering one's face with a cloth.

The fourth and fifth rings, each with a single entrance, - North and South, respectfully - contains the middle class within the city. This includes the scholars, wealthy merchants, business owners, and lower-level politicians such as the priests of the temples (yes, they are the politicians of the city). These two rings are much more taken care of. Houses are larger and better-built. Restaurants and afternoon spas dot the cityscape, and along the sides of the roads, many different aesthetics are placed, such as small trees that flower and little plants to brighten one's day. The fourth ring contains one temple to their Almighty God - who happens to be the god-killer and creator of humans, Varon - in which the humans go religiously to pray. The building is massive, easily taking up the space that could be used for four or five luxurious houses, and stands five stories tall. The fifth ring contains two identical towers, one of which is placed right beside the entrance for those of the lower rings to come and pray, as they have nothing more than small churches spread across the rings.

The sixth ring contains all of the most important people in Gareth, save the king. It is the second smallest ring, and the houses are built the biggest and most luxurious. This part of the city is the most well-built as well as the cleanest, and oftentimes the fine fragrances of home-grown flowers and bath oils can be smelled from above, and the long, low-lying houses of the nobles stretch out in elaborate patterns. This ring also only has one entrance, located in the East. There are also a total of three temples, each ruling over one of those in the lower district. The three High Priests of Varon also reside here comfortably.

The seventh and final ring contains only the Castle of Gareth and all its luxurious space. Though there is, in fact, a wall, the castle, itself, resides upon the peak of the small mountain, high enough to be seen all throughout the city. And because the city stands unopposed, there are no extra defenses to ruin the aesthetics of the castle. No one really knows what goes on inside. In fact, the people aren't really sure if there has been a king since Gareth, as the Priests took over from his rule behind the mention of an unseen ruler. However, the grounds are maintained at all times, and the great building, itself, is kept clean and kept. In the very center of the courtyard is a fountain, and in the very center of that fountain is a massive and beautifully sculpted statue of a massive Kallydran Dragon, upon whose back rides their last and greatest king. Despite the efforts of the High Priests, this fountain has yet to come down.

Notable Places in Gareth: In the first ring is a traveler's tavern known as The Horny Dragon. The building is very noticeable within this district, as it is more suitable for the middle section of the city instead of the lowest ring, built with beautiful white oak stained lightly and light stone tiles crafted by the exactness of dwarven hands. It stands two stories tall and is built large enough for an upstairs inn complete with fifteen different rooms. The entire bottom floor, of course, holds the tavern where the owner, Gary Stakkam, tends the bar and tells fantastic stories of dragons and war. Bards sing merry songs on a stage built to slightly rise from the floor in the far left corner, the acoustics of the room made well enough for the music to travel across the whole bottom floor. Round tables, each with four to six chairs, scatter the floor, and wenches are seen traversing them expertly to give fine folks their drinks and food. Simple stools rest along the length of the mighty bar for any who wish to hear the tales of the famous Stakkam. And if one is real desperate, the wenches offer another service if the room is paid for - the extra money is provided to the women directly, of course. In this bar, people come to be merry and forget the hardships of life. Gamble, dance, sing, and chatter - not to mention drink! And to complete this offer, Gary Stakkam guarantees that all travelers leave with the same items they came with, save the coins they spent, of course. Recently, there has been talk of renovations so that more travelers can stay the night.

In the fourth ring, resting on the side of what might appear to be a cliff face, is Armond's Academy of All Things Magical, the greatest and most prestigious school in all of the Mainland. If one would like to know whether they have the gift of a magician, they come here to learn. The building, itself, appears to be a small stone castle jutting from the side of a cliff to hang over the wall that divides the fourth ring from the third, complete with tipped roofs and small towers, and the only way to enter is by the magical elevator of the mages within. However, once entered, one cannot leave until they have the means to get down, the only exceptions being those who do not possess the magical gift of the Aura. Due to this, few young mages actually gain the courage to go in. Those who do come out as powerful and wise mages, oftentimes leaving the city in hopes of finding their own place in the world.
    Badova Village - The Village of the Moons
    Population: Approx 500
    Religion & Culture: Melting Pot
    Community System: This village is unique in the fact that it is run by ten elders much in the same form as the Kalidyrre, the Council of the Gods. Each Elder is voted for by the people of similar beliefs so that their voice might always be heard when matters of festivities, community and criminal action, and simple daily routine are talked about. This has kept the village well-balanced for centuries. Whatever the Elder Council says is accepted by the people without much complaint.

All who live between the twin temples accept the village rules. A house is built for wanderers who have made the pilgrimage to Badova, and in return, those people take up jobs according to their own skills and the needs of the village, itself. This could be anything from gathering to building to baking or farming the harsh lands. There is no war here, and fights are prohibited unless a formal duel has been accepted, and these duels can never end in death or maiming. Those who cannot accept the rules of the village to keep the peace are banished back into the cold, harsh mountains after fair warning and a judgement passed by peers.

Many festivals are held to honor the production of Badova and the creation of the Temple of the Moon to mirror the natural structure they call the Temple of the Sun. Most of these festivities welcome all religions, as they have nothing to do with any gods or goddesses. Whether people believe that Varon is the one true god or that there are many or even no gods, they can oftentimes be seen in these festivities. From welcoming the new season to the blessing of the third moon, Una, who only graces the skies once every few months, the people find any and all means to celebrate and share with each other. Those who are less sociable, however, are often left alone to do what they wish on such days. Oftentimes, the Elder Council chooses a single storyteller that speaks the lore of the village and the many superstitions that have risen within the minds over the last few centuries. All gather around the massive bonfire built in a pit in the very heart of the village where they listen to the chosen storyteller speak for at least one hour near the end of the festival.

Clothing from all parts of the Plains of Varon and even beyond can be found adorned upon the shoulders of Badova's people. Skin tones are varied, from light to dark, and accents can be claimed by all sorts of speakers. Some give strange looks, while others accept that there are differences. So long as there is peace, few care about the trivial things such as who wears what and where anyone is from, originally. After all, everyone who has searched out Badova did so for one major reason - to find a haven from the hatred of varonians.
    Lore: Nestled on the very edge of the Serana Desert, where the cold, harsh winds flow from the wintery North where the Temple of the White Woman resides is a small village of hardy folk who have learned to live off the land. Living so close to elves and dragons, of course, has taught them to respect the land they have been given, and the light of the three moons that guides many to them is the light that they have come to revere.

When the village was first built within the valley of two large mountains in the Thruskor Mountain Range, the Serana Desert was still known as the Yrian Wood, a bountiful woodland of both coniferous and deciduous trees. The elves that had resided there with brilliant Green Dragons were much like the Dalin. At this time, the City of Ranas was still the ruler of the North, and the Kallydran Priestesses would oftentimes visit to see how the people of Badova Village faired. They had built a wondrous temple on the opposite mountain that a Temple of Partheus sat upon, its gray and silver stone a cool opposite to the warm, sandy stone of the natural temple. For many years, these temples were known as the Temples of the Sun and Moon. Many Moonstone Dragons would rest upon the gray stone of the Temple of the Moon, and sometimes a Sunstone would be seen sunning himself upon the Temple of the Sun. For a long time, many different peoples would make a pilgrimage to this village to seek enlightenment from the Temple of the Moon in hopes of being granted entry to the Temple of the Sun.

Every century, opposite the time that the three moons of Partheus would be full, all moons would disappear from the skies for three nights. It was during this time that the village would have a celebration, simply known as the New Moon Celebration. At this time of year, the winds of the North would be coldest, and the mountains would not be able to protect the village from the harsh winter snows. To keep spirits high, a Kallydran Priestess would visit for these three days with a brilliant, onyx-colored Kallydran Dragon in tow, and the entire village would celebrate the delight of Ova and Badeceri, the goddess and god of the Suns and Moons, in hopes of making Badeceri happy again so that he would once again bring back the light of the moons. The Temple of the Moon would be lit with the power of the Element, Light, and the Moonstone Dragons would dance in the skies. Some say it was the dancing of these dragons that brought about the strange Moon Lights, as they were called, ribbons of green, blue, and violet that would light the skies when no moon was full. On the third night, just before the moons returned to their full glory, the great Kallydran Dragon who had visited the village to see the Moonstones dance would light a brilliant silver fire at the very heart of the village to bring warmth, joy, and peace to the hearts of all its inhabitants. It was the light of the temple and the dancing Moonstone Dragons that would help those who continued to make the pilgrimage to the village make it through the harsh Northern weather and the beating rhythm and warmth of that silver fire that would allow many to find and continue to keep peace in their hearts for generations to come.

When the Yrian Wood burned to the ground and all life along with it, many believed that Badova Village had gone as well. But many of the people of the village would seek sanctuary within the Temples of the Sun and Moon. And when the fires fell away and the sands drifted in from the East to take over the ashes that remained, they once more came out and began rebuilding. For many years, they were ridiculed by the Zintiva, who blamed them for the destruction that mankind had wrought. But after the elves realized that these humans were not like the others, they created a treaty that would allow the village to remain nestled between the two mountains, beneath the protection of the Elements as well as the Elves that dwelled within the hard land that Zin had provided.

The dragons would never dance again. The lights would not shine from the Temple of the Moon...and the Temple of the Sun would remain untouched for centuries to come. As the war laid waste to the outside world, humans in search for a miracle or a legend would make a pilgrimage to the secret village, where they would live out the rest of their days. Guided by the Northern Lights, any who needed sanctuary could find the lowly village. For a thousand years, it has remained like this.

Appearance: The village, itself, is made of simple buildings carved from gray stone. They sit clumped together with narrow roads and simple designs. At the very center of this small clump of buildings is a large and magnificent fountain carved from gray and black stone to depict two large Kallydran Dragons reaching towards the skies. Resting on their outstretched talons is a torch-like construct, within which a silver flame used to burn brightly during the three darkest nights of the century. From these two dragons who hold the torch, many shapes of both Sunstone and Moonstone Dragons - both of which are highly revered - dance outward, their maws open for the natural spring water to pour out, warm and steaming despite the constant cold. Outside the main part of the village, where more have spread, are simple huts of animal skins and long bones. A small, simple orchard it kept farther south in the only fertile section left. This is also where food is grown. What cannot be grown is hunted, particularly mountain goat, kuelo, and other various small animals. It remains a legend to this day, whispered on the lips of men...what happens when humans get too close to compassion. But it also remains a dream for those who wish to find just that... a little compassion.
    Pavire - The Travel Hub
    Population: Approx 30 Million
    Location: Eastern Plains of Varon near the tip of the Cornan Desert
    Religion & Culture: Varon - See Gareth for Info
    Community System & Appearance: The city of travelers, some call it. Wandering souls who never find soil to call their own. For others, it is the city of fire and smelted iron, rock and stone from centuries spent digging into the fertile soils of the Plains of Varon. Pavire is a city of sprawling buildings, built low and long to better withstand the harsh winds that often plague the plains, particularly so far inland. It sprawls so far, in fact, that it touches the tips of two distinct rivers and a small lake. Over the years, it has grown with more and more wandering souls deciding it best to stay.

In Pavire, the art of the blacksmith and the mason are most often seen. Many men and even women have often shown a great talent, and some even become the builders of great walls and architects to design the next building to be shown off within the many fine districts of Gareth. Others build the hundreds of iron and steel swords found on the hips of the greatest Varonian soldiers. The greatest of jewels found in the Mainland, besides those found from the waters claimed by Port Syren, come from the many lands of Pavire.

The only thing better than these arts in this city is the market. The only part of the city with actual walls is the very center, known only as the Central Trade Hub (though some of the more posh merchants like to call it the "Grand Exchange"), a massive market-area large enough to fit a hundred Bendrines at one time atop all of the thousands of market stalls placed for the use of merchants to place their goods. This hub allows all places within the Plains of Varon to stay in contact and certain areas to gather precious materials otherwise out of reach.

In Pavire, if you are not an artisan or a merchant, the only other thing to do in order to become well-known is to train Bendrines, the massive creatures used for human and goods transportation. Like any herd animal, these creatures require a great deal of compassion and care. Unlike most herd animals, however, Bendrines are equipped with sharp claws and teeth, easily able to kill a man even at the size they are as younglings. However, those who are bold enough to train these creatures rack up quite the profit - if they survive it.

Those who settle in Pavire often resort to farming, however, to keep the city well-nourished at all times. Simple crafts can be picked up by future generations, and sooner or later, a family that was once nothing more than settlers can become well-known artisans or even merchants. In Pavire, anything is possible. It is very easy to dream.

The government of Pavire is a simple one, run by a series of "Houses" located just outside the walls of the Grand Exchange. Each House is run by either a group of farmers, trainers, artisans, or merchants. TO BE CONTINUED
    Lortania - Mountain Haven

Unlike many cities and towns found throughout the Plains of Varon, Lortania has its own structure and government system that works in conjunction to the laws that have been placed by the rulers of Gareth. In this haven of farmers, merchants, and trainers, there is a ruling family known as the Mountain Royalty. This family lives within the massive wooden mansion built over six hundred years ago by the Mhoria line. Settling to farm the crops that only grew in the harsh lands of the North, this family created a haven world that only the hardy could remain in.

For many generations, the Mhoria line ruled supreme, and everyone always rejoiced when a new Mountain Prince was born. Sadly, only two generations ago, the last of the Mhoria name perished after marrying beneath the name of Khumar. Since then, Khumar has been known as the Mountain Royalty, their Mountain Prince a boy by the name of Theolyn.

Even this, however, has fallen away to tragedy. Now, Lortania is on the brink of disaster, the entirety of the Mountain Haven broken up into separate lines to see who will hold the title of Kind of the North.

In Lortania, men are the hard workers, breaking their backs in the harsh cold of the Northern summers to sow their fields and plant the seeds that bring them foods considered delicacies across the Plains. Women, by contrast, are the trainers and the merchants. They raise the animals, care for them, train them, and sell them along with the crops grown by their husbands, fathers, and brothers. Women are considered equal to men in every way and treated with a great deal of respect and even reverence, for they do as much work as men while also bearing children and keeping the hearth warm and tidy.

Sometimes, young men and women break away from their families to become healers and medical practitioners. Others go off to a life of the travelling merchant. None, however, will share the secrets to Lortania's great prosperity. Outsiders often wonder if the city is run on the forbidden magicks of dragons. Of course, this is all nothing more than silly rumors.
    Port Syren - Trader's Sanctuary

To most traveling merchants and almost every Varonian that has never been there, this beautiful ocean-side city is known as Port Syren. However, it has many names - five different ones, to be exact - not including the name given to it by merchants. Each name was given to the city by a different "founding" family.

Two centuries ago, five families traveled to the side of what is now known as Siren's Bay, which opens up to what the Varonians on Kabola believe is endless seas. It was around this bay that the families settled, built their own homes, and began their own trade. Each family had their own purpose, and though none of them really liked the other, they would often trade amongst themselves to keep supplies in good order. As their homes became villas and their villas became villages, the five families found themselves merging into a single town. As this happened, traveling merchants began to hear about the wonderful trade hub and made their way down.

Upon coming to the now merged town, many realized the trouble that loomed within the divided space. At some point in history, the name, Port Syren - named after Siren's Bay - was born. Most merchants - at least those that frequent the city - have made alliances with a certain family. Those born within the family must remain in the city - women marry for treaties with other families, and men run the house. Merchants know to stay out of the politics of it all.

Some, however, have managed to get on the good side of every family...but it takes a great deal of time and skill to do this. In Port Syren, though it is known as the Trader's Sanctuary, merchants must step lightly or risk losing everything.

It is rare to hear of a merchant settling in Port Syren, but this has happened in the past, ofentimes bringing along their own family - or establishing themselves within one of the five original families (often without the permission of that family). The family members that decide to marry outside of duty are disowned by their family and treated like garbage by the rest of the residents within the city - at least those that are not recent settlers. It is just as rare to see these family members actually leave the city, but like merchants settling, this has happened in the past.
    Taval - The City of Dreams

This city, though not well known for its beautiful outside landscape or spectacular natural occurrences, is highly recommended for any Varonian in need of a vacation. With beautiful, tall buildings and pubs on every corner, this city reaches almost as high into the sky as the mountainous city of Gareth. With whitewashed buildings and the clean, fresh air that one can get at the highest points of the city, many find this to be the best spot to rest and relax.

What isn't mentioned, however, is the dim, dark streets found at the very bottom of this guardless scape. The streets are mud and sewage, the filtering system that takes the stink away from the higher points of Taval. Every corner, alleyway, and dark part of the street is filled with all types of criminals - from thieves to rapists to murderous scum. Those who are unfortunate enough to live in the Unmentioned - the lower part of the city - know to stay in their homes or risk being hurt or even killed. Those who are stupid enough to travel down that way typically do not make it back out.

The city is known very well to be the go-to place for vacationing Tarjan Army soldiers, who enjoy the time off duty and are known to be the rowdiest groups that filter through. All men - and even some women - from the Tarjan Army oftentimes spend much of their time destroying property and spending all of their in-pocket money on any whore they can find. They can be bullies, as they know good and well that they can get away with it.

However, on the sidelines, an underground operation simply known as the Weyrborn has begun to take hold of the city. With minor missions - such as tricking Tarjan soldiers to leave, cleaning the lower streets of criminals, and even stealing from the wealthy to give to the poor - taking place on nearly a nightly basis, this city might just become the City of Dreams once more.

If you wish your character to come from a different city or culture, please mention this to me via PM with ideas on what you would like your character's background to be like. We can easily create another village, town, or city in the Plains of Varon, and it will be added to the map.

• Character Sheet
    *Blank Sheet Posted in Spoiler Below*

RIDER
    Name
    Place of Origin
    (Name a City in the Plains of Varon - When doing history, please ask questions about lore of the city if it's named on the map - Gareth is the biggest one I'm worried about, so it shouldn't be too big a sweat. ^^ - YOU CAN ALSO MAKE UP YOUR OWN CITY/TOWN/VILLAGE)

Height
    Weight
    Hair
    Eyes
    Appearance

Personality
    (Give 5 Words and Explain Each)

Skills & Abilities
    (Create up to THREE unique magical abilities to be cleared by me and unlocked by the character later (EMPHASIS ON THE LATER PART) - abilities linked to the dragon & Element. Other skills, such as weapon skills, etc. are to be put here.)

Strengths
    Weaknesses
    (Be sure to balance out the skills/abilities as well)

Brief History

Relationships
    (Put the name, the relationship (mother, brother, friend, etc.), and the age and location if applicable as well as a brief description if you'd like. This can also be of characters that will be in the story - be sure to ask your fellow players!)

DRAGON
    Name
    (Write out the appearance of the dragon as a baby, juvenile, and adult – there will be a lot of growing through this RP - ALSO, no dragon will be able to grow longer than 25 feet, which is explained in "The Pact" tab of this information missive.)

Personality
    (Again, 5 words and explain each)

Abilities
    (Unique to the dragon – should be roughly the same as rider abilities, but you can tweak them - dragons are given the same Elements as the riders)

Strengths
    Weaknesses
    (Be sure to balance out the abilities as well)

RIDER
    Name
    Place of Origin

Height
    Weight
    Hair
    Eyes
    Appearance

Personality

Skills & Abilities
    Strengths
    Weaknesses

Brief History

Relationships

DRAGON
    Name

Personality

Abilities
    Strengths
    Weaknesses

Rules
Applies to Everything.
I know. You didn't want to see this.

First & Foremost
ALL IWAKU RULES APPLY HERE - YOU WILL BE REPORTED IF YOU BREAK THEM

General Role Play & Character Development
Character Creation
Each character set is a pair, both a Varonian (essentially, human) and a dragon of your choosing (from the list provided – if you don't find one you like, feel free to PM me). The Varonian must be between the ages of 18 and 30, and all dragons are roughly the same age (definitely in the hatchling stage upon the beginning of the RP). Both dragon and Varonian have their own unique abilities (up to three, each, not including breath weapon) in linking with their Elemental affinity.

Upon creation, please PM me the character sheet first, which we will then go over together. Once accepted, I'll ask you to post it in the Sign-Ups thread, and I will also add it to the list of accepted characters. Do remember, always, that when creating a character (or in our sense, a pair), BALANCE is absolutely essential. Be thorough in your chars' abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.

Posting Expectations
I do my very best not to be nitpicky with posts, but I do expect that when a player posts in the IC, they post a minimum of two small paragraphs (we'll say a 15 sentence minimum – no, this doesn't mean I'm actually counting sentences) with good grammar (know the difference between your and you're, to, two, and too, there and their, etc.), and the understanding that in order for others to react, they must know your character is speaking or doing something with theirs.

For dialogue and internal thoughts, please be sure to keep them separated – dialogue in "quotation marks," thoughts in italics, and any kind of mindspeak (speaking mentally with dragons) both in italics and surrounded by ~wavy line thingies.~

Inactivity
While I'm gonna be super lax about how active everyone is, I do want to put this down as discretion, seeing as we do have a large amount of players, and I need some sort of rule in place. So long as I remain active in both the IC and the OOC, I expect the same from you. If you think you are going to be late in posting or are needing to go on any sort of hiatus, please let me know immediately - this means in the OOC, via PM, or Skype (you can add me by searching for mowkielove). Otherwise, if you do not post within a month of a direct response to your character or my next GM continuation post, your character will be removed via my magical, godly poofing system, and your name will be removed from the "Accepted Characters" list. Keep in mind that, if another takes your place, and we have ten people, you will not be able to rejoin unless another spot opens up. This is simply to keep things fair.

Overpowering
I am one of those GMs that does not deal with anyone godmodding or powerplaying other player characters. You as the player are expected to play to your characters' strengths AND weaknesses. First offense will grant a warning. Any other will result in the untimely death of your chars…period.

I as GM also reserve the right to storytell a necessary char who has locked other players into a corner due to inactivity for an extended period of time. This will only be done if necessary.

Miscellaneous
Character Archetypes
Yes, we all know that humans are boring. No one in fantasy likes to play just a human. But here's my thing – humans are a necessity in this RP. They are the only ones malleable enough to do what this story needs. Will you later be able to play one of my other races? If you are able to stick to your varonian long enough in the RP that I deem it necessary, yes…but your other char will not get a dragon. They will not make the Pact. They will be more of a guide.

However, possible anti-heroes are allowed! If we get enough, we may even have a whole side-story where they all have to fight each other to get the anti-heroes to see that the world is going to end if they're not all on the same side. That would be interesting, yes? You want a char that's not a goody-two-shoes? FINE BY ME! Just go over it with me first.

Dragon Design
You are playing baby dragons at the start, meaning they are not the best of fighters, and they certainly do not know how to fly just yet! However, they do know about the world, the gods (particularly their Inhalla), and their mission. So long as you keep to the basics of the dragon breed you chose, feel free to customize. I'm not saying you can make a yellow Ruby Dragon…but I am saying that this Ruby Dragon can have a unique twist to its breath weapon, its appearance, or its personality. Choose the breed you want because you like the design of that breed…then add your own little quirks. If you can't find a dragon you like, PM me, and perhaps we can make a new one.

Rider Essentials
While I'm good with all sorts of character archetypes, I'd like to lay a few ground rules with the riders. First, at the very beginning, they follow the rest of the group, and they remain with them after making the Pact. You can give them some internal battle or whatever, but at least for the first few months IC, your chars will be with the rest of the group.

At the very beginning, these chars have never INTENTIONALLY used magic. This means that the abilities granted to them in the char sheet are for future use! You can mention in the bio that they've accidentally used some of their power before, but have never gotten a grasp on how to duplicate it on command.

OOC Responsibility
I want us all to become friends, which is why I opened the OOC. There, I would greatly love to see my lovely players chatting. It could be about the world, or about nothing in general. All I ask is that you are respectful to each other and to myself.

I also ask not to mention any sensitive topics in the OOC, such as politics and religion. I'd like to keep everyone happy with each other, if at all possible. ^^ You are not obligated to speak, however. Just be sure that if you plan to disappear for a few days or more to let us know in the OOC, and watch out for any of my updates. Most importantly, if you have ANY questions, always feel free to ask me!

Finally
I want to personally thank all of you who have stuck with me thus far. And I want to thank anyone taking the time to read through all of this and deciding that this RP is worth the trouble! I look forward to enjoying this story with you all. And I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!​

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Soulserenity20
@Bitterblue oh I miss going to the gym but it's too expensive. At home I can workout for free

@Vio Shhh just wait 'til he grows up a little and develops his taste. Right now he has just seen a girl upclose for the first time and his overly emotional little heart can't take it. Basically whoever was the girl nearest to him would have been his first crush xD
My gym only costs $25 a month. (:

Still a bit weirded out that Fierro is nor attracted to Varonians instead of dragons

Reactions: Esmeray
Oh I gave a small explanation about it. Certain animals, when raised in captivity, will for some reason prefer to try and mate with humans rather that members of the opposite sex of their own species.

And gyms around here are more like $50 a month? Which for my wallet in a latin country is quite expensive, specially when I already have to pay that amount to attend a pilates class twice a week.

Well, I edited my post and somehow disgust (in the wrong character) turned into a crush on Emelyn. . . So. That's fun.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hiya!! I'm actually on my computer (YAY!), so I'm gonna try to catch up and see what's going on. Hopefully, I can get a post out today!!

Posting my character application tonight :D and I'll start working on my first post, as well.

• Bucket of Rainbows
So! As y'all know, Cal has the true sight. Each person and dragon will have a glow about them in her eyes, their aura, and @Mowkie has given me permission to ask what color you would like to claim for your duo. So! Fire away!

Oh cool! So they would share the same color? If so, hmm.... I think a color most befitting my duo would either have orange or blue, though leaning more towards orange

It can also be a mix of colors. For example, Suki is a low gold with shimmer of silver, while Kou is a bright silver with hints of gold. To show their differing personalities while also showing that they are, technjcally, the same soul.

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Bitterblue I was this close () to including a description of my duo's auras, but since I didn't know if Cal could completely see auras or just a faint mist, I ended up not doing it n.nU

I think Tahvo would have a turquoise with a kinda grey tint, since he's of a very calm nature and his emotions aren't very strong. Fierro would have this very energetic aura, the mist constantly swirling, with bright red when he's angry and more orange when he's normal, barely dimming a bit when he gets a low mood, since he can quickly crawl back from it.

[fieldbox="Ciel & Endyr, white, solid"]
RIDER

Name || Ciel St. Cloud

Age || 27

Gender || Female

Place of Origin || Devonshire

Current Residence || Taval

Current Profession || Guard

Height || 5'6"

Weight || 137 lbs.

Hair || Silvery-platinum white

Eyes || Pale ice blue

Appearance || Sitting on Ciel's head is a mane of silvery-thick hair that appears platinum white under the right lighting. Her tousled waves reach the middle of her back and are often held in place with a braid, bun, or ponytail with loose front bangs to frame her face. Ciel's dark beige skin is always cool to the touch and has a faint smell of minty-cool herbs. She has several scars scattered through out her body but the biggest one extends from the left side of her ribcage all the way to the hip; a harsh contrast from the rest of her soft and blemish free skin. Ciel also has a tattoo on the nape of her neck and on both hands to hide some of the nasty scarring from practicing her Chakrams. Perhaps her best physical feature are her large almond shaped eyes that are adorned with thick upper and lower dark eyelashes. They are colored pale ice blue mixed with the lightest shade of grey and can be quite mesmerizing to some. Ciel tries to hide pain, hurt, & sadness but her eyes often betray those emotions for they are incredibly expressive. Pearly white teeth are hidden behind supple light-pink lips and when smiling it tends to be lopsided. Her voice has a husky tone to it and it's surprisingly soothing to the ear even more so when she sings or hums a song. When moving, Ciel walks in a quick stride like she knows exactly where she is going and is often the first to get there. She's slender with an hourglass figure and her body is very fit due to her physically active life. However, she is still quite lithe and holds a feminine muscle tone without looking too stocky. Ciel prefers plain, durable, and comfortable attire and rarely ever wears a dress. She does enjoy a pop of color and likes different shades of blues, purples, yellows, and metallics. Her most worn accessories are not jewelry but instead fingerless leather gloves, a long scarf, and a pair of goggles.

PERSONALITY

Free spirited & Adventurous || Ciel's does have a carefree vibe and will always appreciate a simple life over material riches. However, a bigger part of her yearns for a life filled with epic adventure. She always thought there was something much bigger than an ordinary life. It was no wonder that as a child her favorite bed time story was always the one with heroes, magic, far away lands, and mythical beasts. A vibrant and free spirit at her core, Ciel St. Cloud would take on the world on her own if she could. She is very independent and has the type of mentality that if she wants something in life then she has to go out there and get it herself.

Decisive & Stubborn || Decisive about her decisions, Ciel rarely wastes any time when confronted with a question and once she is chosen an answer then she sticks to it. This brings about two things, 1. Ciel keeps her word when she says she is going to do something and 2. she is rather obstinate once her mind is made up. For those that lack patience or get easily triggered....good luck with that.

Loyal & Protective || Loyal to a fault and if reciprocated then expect a lifelong companion that will always have your back no matter the circumstances. Indeed, she will go through the flaming pits of hell and fight the demon himself just to get your bloody soul back. However, if heavily betrayed (and depending how bad it is she will resort to ruthless-vindictive tendencies) she is quite unforgiving and will most likely never trust you again. With loyalty comes her innate nature to protect those she loves and cares for and will become incredibly selfless to the point that she will risk her own life in order to save another.

Brave & Daredevil || Ciel is a bold risk taker and doesn't like to be held back by fear or others. What she calls bravery others may often see her as a dauntless daredevil. This trait is a double edged sword, it gives her the will to confront anything even when the odds are against her but at the same time it blinds her of limitations; limitations that can keep her safe and most importantly alive. Fortunately for Ciel, she has an uncanny knack of wiggling herself (sometimes by a hair) even out of the most dangerous situations and the adrenaline rush she gets out of it makes her come back for more. Her fearlessness and willingness to always volunteer in being in the forefront of a battle or "going in first" during something dangerous may inspire others to follow her to the end. She is a great source of motivation and when others give up Ciel is always up for the task of rallying and encouraging them to keep up the fight & continue forward.

Intelligent & Inquisitive || An inquisitive nature makes her want to learn about new things at all times. Ciel is fascinated with anything old, magical, and even innovated. Her curiosity and thirst for knowledge was nurtured by her father who is still a scholar/professor at a prestigious academy. As a young child he had always encouraged her little girl to read as many books as she could. At home he had a study filled with books and maps that Ciel would gladly entertain herself as a child every night by the fire. Her father would also take her to the academy and while he taught his pupils in class Ciel would roam freely in the vast & expansive school library and sometimes even sneak into a secret library hidden at the back that was restricted to the majority. This hidden library was filled with ancient tomes, old-dusty books, cylinder cases filled with rolled up maps, scrolls, and parchments... all held in the palm of her hands and the depths of her mind.

Charming & Trustworthy || She has an affable charm about her that makes it easy to befriend and is not shy at all especially when it comes to meeting new people. She absolutely adores a good laugh and is naturally attracted to people that have a great sense of humor. Ciel will do anything to put a smile on someone's face whether by being silly, playful, and even generous and considerate. Although Ciel gets along with the majority she holds a few close; those she can truly depend on. She secretly keeps her guard up and does not give her trust so easily away. They must prove first by their actions before she can trust them... but will gladly do the same to earn yours.

Fiery & Secretive || No doubt Ciel has a temper but it can go two ways (although they both end up with raging anger)...it either builds up slowly or she can go 0-100 real quick. When she does let her temper get the best of her she can say and do very mean & cruel things. Also, Ciel is quite secretive when it comes to certain emotions such as her own pain, sadness, and hurt. She does not want to burden other people with her personal problems so she often isolates herself to solve it on her own. She also sees those emotions as a form of weakness and does not want to be seen in that manner so a part of her puts on a front but she also, throughout years of experience, has learned to grow a very thick skin. Unfortunately, this may make her seem impassive, stoic, or even cold hearted. When alone, she can easily break down and may even cry in anguish or scream in frustration but has yet to show this vulnerable side to anyone.

QUIRKS

|| Tends to hug something while sleeping whether it's a pillow, a rock, a body part, whatever... just the feeling of having something against her body is very comforting and is a sure way to put Ciel quickly to sleep. Speaking of sleep, Ciel is a notorious sleep walker & talker and has gotten herself into some interesting scenarios…

|| Ciel is a complete sucker for a hot mug of fresh-brewed tea and homemade-baked sweets: cookies, cakes, pastries, muffins...literally a deal breaker for Ciel. When drinking tea (which is her all-time favorite drink) she always stirs it 7 times counterclockwise, 5 times clockwise, and 3 times counterclockwise and blows on any hot food 4 times EVERY SINGLE TIME. There could be in an apocalypse in the background with people screaming for their lives and Ciel would still do her food & drink ritual…it's the only thing she is really OCD about.

SKILLS

Chakrams || Dual circular blades with the unique ability of being able to be thrown and return like a boomerang however this advance technique she has yet to learn with her Air magic. As she practices and gains experience she will also be able to use her Air magic to throw the chakrams much faster and farther without losing accuracy. As of now, they are wielded like a combination of a blade & fist weapon and are capable of being thrown at her opponents but without returning back. During combat Ciel also uses martial arts and tries to hit vital parts of the body or pressure points to weaken them and then finishing them off with her chakrams.

Falconry || A tradition carried for seven generations thus far in the St. Cloud family is the art of Falconry. Her twin brothers Deron and Ithan were the most passionate about it and had sparked that same passion into Ciel. Behind their country home is a large & spacious freeloft mew with even more space to weather their falcons. They own 4 falcons two of them peregrine and the other two gyrfalcons. Ciel's falcon (peregrine) is named Avaric and is the fastest of the four. Avaric's mother died when he was just an eyas and Ciel took on the responsibility to nurse and raise him; refusing to let him die. Now, 4 years later Avaric has a very close affinity to Ciel and because of this he is the only one that is able to be left out freely in the open since it will faithfully stay near Ciel. The other three falcons are Lance, Syril, and Arrow that belong to her older brothers.

Survivalist || Growing up in a small town that was close to a forest, mountain range, and a river she is quite knowledgeable on how to survive out in the wild since she's spent most of her childhood & teenage years outside. Ciel has experience in hunting, fishing, foraging, starting fires and sending signals with it, finding clean water, making a shelter, creating traps for small critters, tying knots, and basic first aid skills with natural herbs & plants. She is also very good at drawing and reading maps and using the sky for direction when she is without a compass or map. Ciel would constantly go out camping with Avaric or with her brothers...her fondest memories are when her entire family would go out camping together. They would always bring their best tea, tell stories by the camp fire, and fall asleep late in the cold night.

AIR ABILITIES

Aerokinesis || She wields the power to manipulate the air/wind. As of now Ciel is a novice and can create a breeze with the unique ability of being able to send messages by using the wind as a carrier. This ability is called Whisperwind and she's only capable of sending a few & short messages for a mile away to anywhere as long as the wind is not blocked. As she advances Ciel will be able to send longer & more messages and increase the distance. Her other novice ability is gust and uses short bursts of wind to knock down or have her opponents lose their balance and blow away a few projectiles being thrown at her but must be in front of her. At intermediate level Ciel has gained gale which is a much stronger and constant force of wind that can do the same as gust but capable of blowing away more projectiles and people from two directions: up or down, left or right, front or back. At a solo advanced level she can create whirlwinds that can trap things or people inside and have them spin chaotically within its windy structure. She is capable of moving the whirlwind but the heavier it is the slower and more energy it will burn. Ciel can also use tempest which is like gust and gale but much more powerful in blowing away massive objects, many projectiles, people, and sometimes magical attacks at 360 degree radius as long as the're at least 15 feet from her. At this level she will be experienced enough to be able to use her chakrams like boomerangs and increasing their speed, throwing distance, and accuracy, as well. The very last level is duo advanced meaning that Ciel must have Endyr at least 35 feet from her in order to summon massive weather changes such as hurricanes that go over water and tornadoes over land. These massive winds of destruction are capable of sucking in anything in its path and breaking it into pieces. This requires great amounts of energy and thus uses Endyr as a focusing "object" to channel her magic and to also be empowered. Once she is done channeling Ciel will need at least a day of full rest to regain her strength again. However, whether novice or advanced if she uses too much energy she can inflict severe self damage.

Air flight || This is ability gives her the power to fly. At primary novice level she will have difficulty balancing herself and will be able to do it only for short bursts of what appears to be gliding very fast 3 feet off the ground or slowly to silently sneak up on someone. She can also hover for 15 feet if staying completely still or 9 feet off the ground if moving VERY slowly. At secondary novice level she will be able to continue to do her primary novice abilities but with much ease and increase its speed and height by several feet. She will also learn the ability to dive at high speeds, jump very high and break heavy falls. At intermediate level Ciel is able to create a sort of air thruster ability where she can navigate the wind currents. She is not strong enough to control this air ability so that she is able to "fly" wherever she pleases as of yet. Wherever the wind currents go then she will go, meaning she has no control in the direction that she is going and relies at the mercy of the wind. However, she is able to move around freely and at fast speeds in that particular direction by using her "thrusters". At advance level Ciel is capable of flying at incredible height, speed, and perform aerial acrobatics for great periods of time without difficulty.

Wind's puppet || This passive ability enhances her physical attributes with the power of the wind. At novice it boosts her speed & agility by reducing air resistance when off the ground (jumping, gliding, etc). At intermediated level her acrobatics/gymnastics/parkour are much more complex which makes it harder to aim/catch/hit her. Offensively she can wrap her hands and feet with air and create a sort of push back effect whenever she comes in contact with her foes or a weapon allowing her to escape or deflect/parry a weapon. At advanced level her air magic enhances her hearing with the vibrations created by air molecules and her touch by feeling any disturbances via air waves this also works as a form of echo location to find a way out if ever lost in the middle of nowhere. These enhanced sensory abilities also give her the skill to be able to do sightless fighting in complete darkness or when her eyes are impaired or covered by something.

STRENGTHS

Eidetic Sense Memory || Both a gift and a curse, this intrinsic strength was first known as a young child. Her father gave Ciel her first piece of pastry and till this day can still clearly remember the sweet and buttery taste of the sugary bread filled with berries. Ciel is capable of memorizing and recalling at will all sensory input especially visual. However, when memorizing great amounts of information or trying to recall it can cause a major migraine head ache that can make it hard for her to focus the task at hand.

Creative || Ciel is an out of the box thinker, intuitive, and bold when it comes to cooking up solutions to a problem and solving puzzles & riddles. Sometimes her way is a little unorthodox and incredibly risky but usually the reward is much greater. Unfortunately, this could put others in danger or create collateral damage even though that is not her intention. She tries her best to stay ahead of her foes by outwitting them and her imagination & resourcefulness is a big part of that. Her creativity also extends to the ability of making things with her hands (dexterous and ambidextrous) whether it's wood carving, metal engraving, making figurines out of paper (origami), shadow puppets, magic tricks, calligraphy, stitching, and music. She loves to sing and play small wind instruments such as the ocarina, flute, and pan flute. Ciel does carry with her a small hunting horn and when feeling extra brave to make her foes feel uneasy she will blow loudly to announce herself during a battle.

Stamina || Her mental and physical endurance is quite high compared to most. Her will is incredibly strong and can often be the one thing that can turn the tide and win the victory even more so with Endyr at her side. Although lacking in strength Ciel can easily pull her own weight (both figuratively and literally) and outrun most without breaking too much of a sweat.

WEAKNESSES

Claustrophobic || Ciel has a deep fear of small enclosed spaces. It is perhaps the only time you would see her as an anxious and nervous wreck. The best way for her to calm down is to actually close her eyes and meditate until someone comes in for the rescue since the fear will paralyze her from being able to get herself out if trapped in confinement.

Physically vulnerable || Ciel's style of combat is heavily depended on agility, elusiveness, escaping, dodging, and outwitting. She lacks brute strength and when playing the offensive to bring down her foes Ciel needs to make multiple-swift and accurate attacks, with her chakrams and/or martial arts, on vital parts of the body to eliminate her foes or wear them down. This puts her at a constant risk when she is near her opponent for one heavy blow or a few strong hits will render her useless by getting badly hurt, knocked out, or worse yet killed. Defensively, she does exceptionally well on her own during a 1 v 1 and even sometimes when she's outnumbered. Offensive wise she shines more when paired with another person or within a group.

Perfectionist || Ciel is a closet perfectionist and is in constant competition with herself; pushing to always do better than before and always finding room for improvement. Even though she may excel in some things she sometimes may not see it that way because she is both humble and her own harshest critic. Self-critical to the point that she doesn't give herself enough credit to feel good about herself and so is left feeling inadequate. Perfectionism makes her a workaholic and will sometimes exhaust herself to the point that she'll just knock out cold in the middle whatever she is trying to excel at. Also, when Ciel doesn't get things right the first couple of times she can get extremely frustrated which evidently leads her into a very bad mood. However, despite those facts Ciel never gives up and when it comes to other people she is their number one cheerleader: always giving positive energy and is extremely supportive in helping others become better in whatever aspect of their life.

HISTORY

|| Ciel St. Cloud was born to Jon and Adelene St. Cloud and is the youngest out of the 4 siblings. The other three are older brothers: Haden and the twins Deron & Ithan. Her large country home is located in Devonshire, a quaint town north from Taval. Devonshire is very green with flowers, grassy fields, orchards, and many trees. Most people that live there are farmers, some are artisans and even fewer, like her father, work in Taval. To the west of Devonshire is a forest, further west is a river, and to the north the Mykartha mountain range.

When her mother was in labor with Ciel it was a very windy & stormy night. It was a long and difficult labor but Ciel was delivered safely. Her mother with tears of joy held her baby girl and named her Ciel just moments before she died. Adelene St. Cloud passed away from severe hemorrhage when she had strong and healthy baby girl. It was unfortunate that Devonshire's only doctor was stuck in Taval due to the harsh storm and her mother was unable to get medical help in time. Ciel does carry a lot of guilt in heart for she blames herself for her mother's death.

Despite losing her mother, Ciel grew up in a very happy and loving family BUT it was filled with men...good men at least. This is perhaps why she can be somewhat awkward around other women and acts much like "one of the guys." She was a very headstrong and intrepid girl and still is now. Always getting into trouble by doing crazy things: getting lost in the forest, climbing too high up on trees and getting stuck one time, almost drowning at the river, packing up to climb the Mykartha range until her brothers caught her in time and dragged her back home, hunting wild beasts on her own (as a teenager) to protect the livestock and for food, etc... Her father tried his best to keep her in check by taking her with him at the academy for he knew that Ciel would stay put if surrounded by thousands of books. However, Ciel was destined for greatness, and she knew it in her heart & soul, that she was meant for greatness. She didn't want to marry and be a stay at home mom like the women in Devonshire because of this she was constantly ridiculed and criticized by the men and women of her town due to her different mentality & attitude. As a little girl she would constantly get into fights with other kids (and would win most of them) because she would get picked on a lot for acting and looking like a boy.

Once she turned eighteen she left her home, her family wasn't too happy about it but they knew better than to stop her. And just like the wind she traveled as much as she could for she was unable to stay at one place for too long learning about new cultures, small indigenous languages, but most importantly visiting beautiful and amazing natural landscapes & nature's wonders. At 20 years of age she came back home and when the townspeople saw her they were stun on how much she had grown and how beautiful she had gotten. Men were asking for her hand in marriage but had rejected all of them.

At 21, Ciel moved to Taval and became a guard in order to help clean up the streets of the Unmentioned but was perhaps one of the only few to keep the Tarjan army in check (and even working secretly with those of the Weyrborn.) It was also in Taval where she learned to wield her chakrams from a desert elf named Zan who she happened to come across during an illegal underground fight in the lower part of Taval. Zan, with much reluctance, saved his freedom from being imprisoned for a long time by training Ciel on how to fight with the chakrams and learning martial arts. Ciel would normally not do business with these kinds of people but felt an instant connection with the weapon that she has never in her life seen before. For several years she practiced with Zan and like any other difficult weapon to master the Chakrams were definitely no exception and were most unforgiving. Ciel's body can attest to the many years of unmerciful beatings from the chakrams especially with her heavily scarred hands and the large linear scar she has on the left side of her upper body. Ciel failed to grasp the chakrams correctly and almost gutted herself alive with the circular blades. However, Ciel's stubborn and brave nature had helped her endure and not give up. Zan had said to her countless times that in his desert tribe the Chakram scars are to be worn like great battle scars and are a painful yet sacred rite of passage of becoming one with this mighty weapon that they use to hunt and protect their tribe.

Ciel loves what she does but is still missing the epic adventure she has always longed for and the chance to show the world that it is ok to go against the grain and be who you are & follow your destiny. Luckily for her...that opportunity has finally opened its door and Ciel gladly ran through it without hesitation & not looking back at her old life.

RELATIONSHIPS || FAMILY

Gwendolyn || Grandmother || Deceased

Klein St. Cloud || Grandfather 74

Jon St. Cloud || Father || 57

Adelene St. Cloud || Mother || Deceased

Haden St. Cloud || Brother || 30

Deron St. Cloud || Brother || 29

Ithan St. Cloud || Brother || 29

RELATIONSHIPS || TBD

PLATINUM DRAGON

Name || Endyr

Pronounced || ENDER

Gender || Female

APPEARANCE

Hatchling || As a hatchling Endyr is a skinny little thing with wings & limbs growing much faster than the rest of her body. Large-bulky wings make it difficult to fly at all and so can only jump fairly high with her strong hind legs. Her scales are so dull that they appear like a muddy grey-brown color making it impossible to see a reflection which is one of the unique traits Platinum dragons are known for. Her spooky eyes are translucent white with very faint rings of silver and the other gold; early signs of heterochromia. You can tell where her crown's high points will be for they are visible sharp points around her head but the ones on her neck and shoulder have not appeared yet. Her tail does not split down the middle as of yet but instead has the tip of the tail forked into two.

Juvenile || Endyr's body is still lanky and has difficulty adjusting to the growth spurts making her clumsy to be up in the sky. However, she has built a lot more strength to move her wings in order to glide/hover through the wind currents for short periods of time. Her scales start to loose the muddy color but it has this weird effect as if her scales are covered in some sort of white misty-fog. You would be able to see a reflection off of her scales but it would be very blurry and unrecognizable. Her eyes are still the same translucent white but can start to see slit irises of pale silver and gold. Her tail begins to split half way down the middle and grows much more comfortable in whipping it around. Lastly her crown of web begins to rise but it's quite small which is a sign that the platinum is still in the juvenile stage. The crown opens up when feeling threatened or showing intimidation to scare off her enemies and so it is often retracted especially when flying to improve aerodynamics. By the end of her juvenile stage her back and wings will be strong enough to carry Ciel on her back.

Adult ||
As a hatchling and juvenile, Endyr, is more of an ugly duckling but once a full grown adult she morphs into a beautiful but deadly beast. She is the brightest dragon with scales that are no longer dull and hazy and are now incredibly vibrant and shiny. Endyr's scales are like small mirrors where you could actually see your own reflection yet have the ability to absorb the light therefore appearing translucent…giving the effect of an illusion or somewhat of a ghostlike-semi-transparent appearance as if she's not entirely there. As a female platinum she is smaller and built much sleeker compared to the bulky males. Powerful are her large wings, legs, and claws that are capable of carrying 2 maybe 3 riders easily on her back during flight, land, under water, and even climbing if she needs to. At this point she can now perform aerial acrobatics and fly incredibly fast for short bursts and resting in between by gliding/navigating even the most powerful wind currents. Her head is shaped like a broad arrowhead and adorned with a crown that is now at its full size. She looks like a majestic lion with a white-weblike mane surrounding most of her head (stops at the chin) and extends downwards towards her neck and shoulder blades. If Ciel lies low enough the web is able to conceal her. Her tail is now fully split into two or can twist around each other to create a single tail. The tips of her tail have sparkly tendrils that glitter brightly and are used as bait by mesmerizing or distracting her prey to lure it closer and then striking it like a whip. With an average animal she could kill with it but with other dragons the most she could do is create superficial lacerations unless they have weaker scales then she could create more damage. Lastly, her eyes are no longer white but can clearly see vibrant slit irises of silver mixed with dark red (right) and gold mixed with some violet (left). Endyr's left eye burns brightly in gold, as if it were on fire, when using her magic but when not it passively emits a pale gold glow. Her gold eye has no magical benefit and is more of a cosmetic feature.

PERSONALITY

Solitary || Endyr is a rare & enigmatic Platinum dragon. She lacks interaction with others and it's not necessarily because of arrogance but prefers her own company over others and to bask in the peace & quiet without any interruption. Although constantly correcting others and telling them what to do may make it seem otherwise that she is indeed a haughty dragon, but does it with good intentions.. just the way she comes about it may piss others off. However, Endyr has zero patience and will only tell you something once; whether you take it or leave it is totally up to you. The platinimum will drop dead before she starts to grovel & beg you to do anything…unless it's Ciel then she will be incredibly persistent for her safety is at the top of her priority list.

Direct || Endyr is a dragon of few words when it comes to other creatures & humanoids that she does not know… which is pretty much everyone in Partheus. However, when she does open her mouth it can sound/be very wise and is often something of (what she thinks) importance and urgency. When expressing herself she definitely does not hold back with her opinions, thoughts, and feelings. Endyr is extremely forthright and unfortunately her brutal honesty has no bounds AND she's either oblivious about it or just flat out disregards other's feelings. Ciel can manage to bite her own tongue but has absolutely no control over Endyr's mouth and WILL snap at Ciel when she apologizes for her, "Sorry for what!? I was merely saying out loud what everyone is thinking…" Outspoken even during the most inopportune times can make things awkward, confrontational, or just straight up hilarious. So far the only person Endyr is truly comfortable with is obviously Ciel and is surprisingly loquacious when around her and even motherly, warm, humorous, & playful. Endyr does not trust most and is very annoyingly protective of Ciel when it comes to strangers. Like Ciel, they must prove first before she is able to let her guard down but unlike Ciel (who hides it) it is clearly obvious that she is wary and has her "eye on you." Endyr sometimes looks so wound up that she is ready to pounce at any moment if she suspects that something or someone is about to endanger Ciel and/or herself. This high strung energy can be quite intimidating or give off an uncomfortable vibe to some. Trust IS key for Endyr and once you have earned it you have also earned a lifelong and faithful companion.

Apathetic || What may appear to be laziness is actually her being apathetic about most things in life. Endyr wastes no time unless it is something that is in her favor, a really good deal (collecting favors), really interesting, dangerous, magical, shiny treasure, ancient (old things give her a comforting-nostalgic feeling), and drop dead beautiful otherwise she will most likely not care. The one other thing that will always catch her attention quickly is anything that involves Ciel. Her indifference paired with reserved attitude makes her come off as a jerk without much emotion even though that is far from the truth. Endyr can actually be very sensitive, jealous, and selfish and has no problem expressing those feelings but she does have her own way of expressing them. In essence she is a bit weird when it comes to the mood changes and is quite spontaneous in that you just don't know what she is going to say or do next.

Irritable ||
Endyr abhors being bothered about most things. Frankly, Endyr's first impression will always be that she doesn't like it and you so don't bother her about it. She lacks patience around most humanoids and gets incredibly annoyed over trivial things, stupidity, and pettiness. You most certainly will know it when you've irritated her for she will flat out tell you and/or show it to you by giving you a warning growl, walking/flying away or falling asleep during the middle of a "conversation", heaving out a huge sigh that could probably make you stumble on your feet, or just plainly ignore you. You can also tell you've hit a really big nerve and is at her wits end when she starts acting incredibly rude, menacing, and sardonic…at this point, it be best if everyone just stayed out of her way and let her be. However, when someone or something has managed to catch her attention she is very attentive, inquisitive, and energetically-fascinated especially if involves gaining knowledge over something magical & ancient, so a sure way to make friends with her is to talk about those types of subjects.

Intelligent || Endyr is a highly intellectual beast. When it comes to solving problems and confronting her foes she is much more calculating and goes "by the book" unlike Ciel who improvises and uses creativity. Also unlike Ciel who is capable of diving head first Endyr is much more patient and will observe her prey first to find out any weaknesses and then come up with a plan of attack. She is a very smart cookie and has great amounts of knowledge about many things and many parts of the world being that platinum dragons don't have a place to call home and so roam Partheus freely to explore it.

DRAGON BREATH

Silent storm || "A slightly foggy haze that can extend as far as twice the length of the dragon that dissipates most sound, much like the effect of a thick snowstorm." - Partheus WoTW

Teleportation || "Their greatest weapon, however, is their ability to displace - or project - and teleport themselves to various areas throughout a given space. This ability can do two things - the displacement part allows the dragon to project an image of itself in a place that it is not, and the teleportation part allows the dragon to disappear from reality and reappear in a different area in the same given space. Both halves of this ability are limited to the length of the dragon, itself." - Partheus WoTW

AIR ABILITIES

Air Solidification || At novice level Endyr can begin to solidify air molecules to where she can only push/blow things away but it's rather strong to the point that she can push them very far, fast, and can keep it up for a fairly decent amount of time making it close to impossible for anything to reach her. However, she can only do this from one direction and cannot move making her vulnerable of being attacked especially from behind. At intermediate level she is now able to solidify the air molecules making them sharp enough to create a single yet large air blade that could easily slice most things in half and can harden the air molecules like metal molding them into a shield to block but just like a regular human shield Endyr can only block from one side but at any angle. She will also be able to perform her novice ability but is now able to move but will continue to only be able to perform it from one direction. At advance level, the platinum can now increase the air pressure from within making something or someone explode from the inside or increasing the air pressure from the outside creating a crushing effect or rooting her enemies in one place. Her novice ability can now be done at 360 degree radius, is able to create a protective/shield air dome, and create multiple sharpened air blades of a maximum of four at a time.

Domes || Endyr is able to create two types of domes but only one at a time. The domes are invisible and whatever is within the confines of the dome then it will be subject to its power. At novice and intermediate level she has unlocked the Air/Oxygen dome and it's as big as her wingspan as she advances the domes can increase in size but the bigger they are the more energy it will consume leaving her weak and vulnerable. The air dome is much more versatile but can only do one effect at a time. At novice level she creates a dome filled with oxygen/wind giving whoever is within it the ability to be underwater for a VERY long periods of time making it possible for a group to do under water quests/missions or fly at much higher altitudes where there is little to no wind/oxygen. This dome can also break heavy falls at a larger scale and from great heights. At intermediate level her Air dome has developed new and powerful abilities. Perhaps what is most useful about this dome is the healing wind it creates by pressurizing air to forcefully but gently seal off wounds much like a cauterizing effect without the pain and burning. Unlike the deoxygenation dome, in the air dome she can also boost an ally's fire, water, plant/nature, or whatever elemental power that can use air by fueling it with more oxygen thus making the element much more potent/powerful. Lastly, the ability to expedite the rusting process in metals (only if there is enough moisture in the air) and render them useless by breaking the metals more easily. At advance level she can now create a deoxygenation dome and is the most lethal but drains a lot more energy. In this dome she creates a sort of vacuum that takes out all the air/wind from within it. This suffocates anything that requires oxygen to live and potentially killing them or rotting living plants. On the other hand this dome can also create mental hallucinations from the lack of oxygen in the brain which is the case for more more powerful creatures such as other dragons. Defensively wise she can either weaken or negate magical powers (however water, plants, and fire from nature is much easier to manipulate) by taking out the oxygen from certain elements. Also, at advance level she can now increase the effects of the domes to two (for example healing wind and boost elemental power that uses oxygen as fuel...this combination is incredibly powerful when paired with a dragon or rider that specializes in water healing magic) but can only perform one dome at a time so either Air OR Deoxygenation.

Wind Mimicry ||
Endyr is able to take on physical characteristics of wind itself. At novice level she is able to create the illusion of invisibility for a short amount of time but can still be heard when she moves around. At intermediate level the platinum can add silence to the illusion of invisibility and can extend this ability to a small group that stays close to her. Lastly, at advanced level Endyr can basically make a large group (dragons and riders) become silent and invisible for a certain amount of time. This ability is perfect for sneaking, ambushing and surprise attacks during the day or night.

STRENGTHS

Energy conservation || The unique ability of being able to save up energy so as to not constantly exhaust herself and outlast most both physically and mentally. This comes in handy when it comes to flying, magic (to a certain extent), and being physically active for long periods of time. Endyr doesn't need too much water and food for it is conserved and broken down so efficiently within her body that her hunger and thirst is satiated for a long time. Endyr even has pockets on the sides of her mouth to keep a snack or drink for later. She also requires very little sleep making her the perfect candidate to be the lookout when everyone else is getting their rest.

Flight altitude || Endyr can fly at incredible heights, even when there is little to no air, for long periods of time which is made possible with her Air Dome. When coming back down she is one of the fastest diving (and flying at short bursts) dragons reaching high speeds by using her wings to increase momentum but most importantly using her air ability to propel herself faster and decreasing air resistance around her.

Illusive || Endyr is very clever, deceptive, and cunning creature. She is capable of lying or tricking the weak minded to get what she wants out of them or lure them into a false sense of security and then strike when they least expect it. She also loves speaking in rhymes and riddles at times and has a good knack at solving them along with puzzles and difficult games.

WEAKNESSES

Knowledge || Dragons are perhaps the most intelligent creatures in the world and Endyr is no exception. If Endyr where a character in a fantasy game she would be labeled the Scholarly mage. She is constantly searching for it and will often go treasure hunting whether for an item, location, or even another creature that that could possibly share their wisdom, magic, and knowledge. She does have a tendency to become so obsessed with it that nothing else matters and is willing to even put herself at risk just to attain it.

Lack of Physical Combat || Endyr is a female platinum and is much smaller and thinner compared to males and so does not have any brute strength. The only time she would actually be physical is if they are within reach and will use her teeth, whip-like-tail, and stubby claws to disorient or push back her foes but relies on her intellect, magic, and flight to bring down her foes. Although her scales are strong they are not strong enough to take on multiple strong hits. You can easily tell where she has been hurt by the cracks on her mirror like scales.

Attachment || This platinum dragon will not admit it but she is incredibly attached to Ciel and truly her biggest weakness. Endyr does try to keep her dignity by not appearing so overly needy but there are times when you can tell that she wants & needs to be near the silvery haired rider otherwise she may become a restless worry-wart. Platinum dragons are very much loners and have no family structure and so sees Ciel as her only family. Ciel, losing her mother, is also quite attached to Endyr and appreciates the motherly role that she plays at times by lovingly-fussing over her, protecting her, and trying her best to help Ciel become the best person she can be. Wherever Ciel goes Endyr will follow keeping a sharp eye over her.

Ciel & Endyr's Theme

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kahvana.png

Kahvana Tempest Aarland
Female | 28 | Gareth (ex)Dragon Hunter
Dragon_Decay.png

B A S I C S
Chaos_Dragon.png
Height
5' 11" (approx. 180 cm)
Weight
185 lb (approx. 84 kg)
Hair
Brown
Eyes
Blue || Pale Gold

Appearance
A tall, intimidating woman, Kahvana stands with a predatory grace accompanied by long legs, a lean, wiry frame, and thin, brown hair falling in wisps around her angular face with a slight sheen of strawberry that catches the sun. Her very presence demands attention and intimidates most around her simply with the way she holds herself. Her body is narrow, built less for reproduction and more for fighting, thick muscles stretching expertly across each bone, making no room for the development of fat cells. Scars, both big and small, litter her from top to bottom, some from scratches and cuts received from weapons and claws. Others from whips and canes, mostly across her back and the backs of her legs, perhaps from a hard childhood. Her hips are narrow, her abdomen hard and packed tightly with the barest hint of a washboard, and her chest is small and much flatter than other women of her stature. Square shoulders that rarely slope lead towards long arms ending with what could have once been delicate hands with long fingers, now heavily marred with callouses, scars from multiple busted knuckles, and chewed fingernails. Her face is angular with a slightly rounded chin, high cheek bones, and a long, pointed nose. Her hooded, almost almond-shaped eyes cast an icy glance in almost any direction, the miss matched color almost haunting. The prominent scar on her right eye, however, is what makes her even more fearful to look upon, for it cuts diagonally from the outside of her forehead into the left side of her nose. The eye, itself, looks only slightly damaged, the once brilliant golden amber color now dull and unmoving, even as the pure ice blue of the left eye betrays any internal emotions felt.

Upon arriving at the sanctuary, Chaos marks the soldier as its own, and tendrils of strange darkness reach towards her eyes and across her face. No one knows what has caused such a thing to happen to her, and yet she is forever marred by her strange bond with the Element.​

Most of the time, Kahvana wears her full plated armor, which covers most of her body, save her biceps, which are shielded by a chainmail top buckled down by leather straps. On the breastplate is the crest of the Tarjan Army, which is a swirling dragon eating its own tail. Though she does not wear her helmet (as it was not worn upon being called to the Sanctuary), her hair is typically braided back away from her face with a simple band of iron atop her head, marking her as one of the higher ranked females in the Army, her dragon stone held fast to the center, now no bigger than the tip of her thumb. When not wearing her armor, she is typically seen in a simple, white tunic and leather pants with the same boots as worn in her armor, worn, blackened leather that have molded beautifully to her feet.​

Dragon_Decay.png

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Chaos_Dragon.png
Honorable || Respectable || Trustworthy
Despite having not been raised on a deeply rooted understanding of right and wrong, Kahvana has learned what her own soul deems is honorable to do, and what is dishonorable. Uncaring of what her peers thought about her, she always fought long and hard to do good by her leaders, her family, and her world. It was always hard for her, especially as a child, to determine what was the right thing, understanding the difference between the law of varonians and the law of the world as a whole. As she grew older, this only turned out to be even more difficult, and she saw herself drawing farther away from those of her age and within the same ranks as her. Still, her respectful nature and her drive to hold onto secrets told by others allowed her a few friends within the ranks. Her determination to prove her fierceness in battle, serving the honor of those within the city of Gareth, and her willingness to do almost anything as long as it meant it would spare others the wrath of angry leaders made her well known among the ranks of the Army as the Warrior of of the Wary. Her determination, respectful nature, and desire to show courage and honor in all she does will surely carry over into her new journey.

Strategic || Judicious || Decisive
A mind built for battle, Kahvana is a thinker on the field of war. She is a natural leader, great for showing the highest advantages of her party, be it from the ground or later in the sky. She knows the weak points on her enemies and is wonderful at hitting those points. She is quick on her feet and does not waste time on the details that don't matter, though the smaller details of battle do still get brushed over. She calculates each move and can think tactfully in almost any situation. However, because her mind is built for battle and not social commonplace, she can oftentimes find herself stumbling when attempting to actually make friends. While she is a trustworthy and driven person, she is not the most charismatic.

Valiant || Courageous || Gallant
While she may not be perceived as a hero, considering her past, she has the heart and soul of a warrior of light. She shows great courage in the face of danger, and she is known to put herself between her comrades and the enemy, no matter the size difference. While she can be perceived as brash and intrepid, her dauntless attitude does come with some form of strategy and tactful decision-making. Of course, not all of her plans come to full fruition, and she has been known to get herself into more trouble than she can handle. While she understands that she is not invincible, she prefers her own life be sacrificed over the lives of others.

Humble || Respectful || Modest
Though many within her rankings are very prideful by nature - after all, how many varonians can say they hunted and killed a dragon - Kahvana shows a surprising amount of modesty in her own right. She does not go around bragging about what she did, for a part of her feels an immense guilt that weighs on her soul. Though she has full confidence in her skills as a warrior, leader, and tactician, she does not let her confidence make her complacent. After all, complacency on the battlefield is what gets you killed. She shows respect to all, even those beneath her own rank, and is surprisingly helpful to those in need, despite wearing the crest of a soldier. Instead of ruling with fear and an iron fist, she shows herself as a more reserved leader, letting others take control when they feel the need to prove themselves. She guides from the background while also doing her best to make sure no one gets hurt in the process.

Adaptable || Versatile || Cooperative
Kahvana has always done her best to adapt to her surroundings. After all, from a young age, she was expected to do things many other girls were not. Having come from an all-military family, she learned quickly that she had to be quick on her feet to survive. She does her best to follow orders while also keeping to her own moral code. Her mind, while not flawless to all that life has to throw at her, has fashioned itself over the years to make the best of the things she had. This will come most in handy at the challenges she has yet to face. While at first, her versatile nature will be blocked by her own feelings of remorse and fear, it will inevitably be what allows her to do her best to help her comrades to the best of her ability.

Dragon_Decay.png

A T T R I B U T E S
Chaos_Dragon.png
Skills & Abilities
The Tricks of Chaos ~
While the Element, Chaos, is inherently uncontrolled, it does enjoy companionship just like the other Elements of Partheus. Unlike the others, however, the chosen companion has no say over their side of the bargain, no control over any abilities granted, and no idea what kind of tricks may happen to them at any given time. Chaos is a naturally volatile Element, easily angered and quick to spite. It takes as much as it gives, no matter how close it is with its chosen partner. Only those of the strongest minds and greatest wills, as well as those who have a greater knowledge of things beyond the sight of the day, can harness even an ounce of this great and terrible power. It is as much a burden to its chosen as it is a blessing.

For Kahvana, who has been chosen by this Element, it is even more of a curse than a blessing. It heightens her inner turmoil, makes her appear disturbed in ways that she is not, and sometimes creates conflict around her where there was previously none. A natural aura of uneasiness oozes from her, making others wary and making it hard for her to make friends. However, with all of this comes remarkable, uncontrollable power that is activated at times of need. Such abilities are listed below, each one gained at a different level of friendship.

Mind Blast
Her weakest power gained from Chaos, Kahvana finds that any time she is overwhelmed, an echo unleashes from her mind, mentally and physically pushing anything and everything away from her. This will include any allies within a five foot radius of her. As she grows stronger, after this ability has been activated a few times, random things will begin to occur. Perhaps a random object will appear or disappear, or maybe someone gets turned into a chicken. Chaos is as Chaos does.
Voidtrance
After having Chaos as a friend for a while, Kahvana will find herself with a new and interesting power that is unleashed when she is at her weakest and strongest moments. Her body is lifted from the ground by an unseen force, and random clouds of sparkling blackness appear around her, crackling with what may appear to be flashes of lightning - though it's very hard to tell - and her fingers and eyes begin to glow ominously. All around her, random effects begin to occur within a ten foot diameter. While she will eventually gain control on her movement, she cannot control what happens to others or herself. She is just as likely to turn into a chicken as anyone else.
Field of Entropy
At her strongest point with Chaos, after she has gained quite the understanding of the Element, she gains a powerful and unpredictable field of energy that begins to cause a sudden decline into disorder. This field can stretch as far as a twenty foot radius around her and affects everything within it, activated at only her greatest moments of need. Her body will begin to deteriorate as the effect continues, and the longer it is held, the less of her is left. Only masters of healing in the works of Life and Spirit will be able to bring back anything that is lost to Chaos, and if Kahvana cannot learn to shut this power down, it can easily cost her her own life.

Close Ranged Combat
Having trained from a very young age and joining the Tarjan Army the moment she was old enough, Kahvana has learned many various weapons over the years. However, she has a particular skill with the halberd, which is her weapon of choice and the primary consumption of her training hours now. Naturally, she will arrive with her own weapon on-hand. A few things that she has picked up, especially, are listed below.

Strength of the Soldier
A full-plated knight has learned to take a few hits before being downed. With a great endurance for battle, stronger armor, and a body tuned to taking a beating, the soldier is not easily taken out.
Mighty Arc
The soldier is able to channel a vast amount of strength into a single blow against tougher foes, deeming them mortally wounded. However, this requires full concentration, and the soldier cannot be hit while charging the attack.
Battle Cry
The soldier emits a mighty battle cry that calls all allies to her in times of need, even sending them a surge of greatness and courage in their times of need.
Halberd Appearance

mt-8503.jpg

Strengths
  • Art of Battle - Kahvana is a soldier in the heart, mind, and soul, and the fine art of war has been ingrained deeply into her. While she is no master, she is quite proficient in battle strategy, leadership, and boosting morale.

• Athletic - To have a honed skill, one must first hone the body. Kahvana is a naturally athletic woman with a great deal of control over her body as well as a surprising amount of endurance, particularly when in lengthy battles. She can stay awake for longer periods of time than most, move on foot for greater distances, and carry greater burdens than most others of her build.

• To the Point - Kahvana is not one to beat around the bush in regards to explaining anything or giving news. She is blunt, but she can also show a great deal of compassion when given the chance. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes is right, even if it means standing up to those who outrank her.

• Survivability - Every new soldier must learn the basics of adapting to their surroundings. They are taken out into the wilderness of the mountains near Gareth and thrown into the deep end. Having endured months of trial by error - mages on hand for the moments of error - Kahvana has learned what to watch out for in many regions of the Plains of Varon and the Thruskior Mountains. While she is inherently best in comfortable temperatures, she can survive extreme temperatures and weather conditions for a few days at a time and can sometimes even find a source of food or water.

Weaknesses
  • With a Friend like this - Who needs enemies when Chaos is around? Constantly playing tricks on her and those around her, Kahvana is going to find it quite hard to make nice with anyone - especially if they're being turned into frogs and birds. Not even the Priestesses are going to know what to make of her at first.

• Dragon Slayer - Her past is riddled with deeds she greatly regrets, the major one being the death of the mighty Brass in the recent years. Though she doesn't openly discuss it, this weighs very heavily on her mind and will continue to do so throughout her time with the other riders.

• Long Ranged Combat - Kahvana has never been a good archer, and while she has tried many times to get better, it has always ended in failure. She's not horrible at throwing a spear, but it rarely ends up exactly where she had aimed it. For these reasons, she tries to keep any combat closer to her. This makes her virtually useless in the air.

• Slower - She is not a small woman by any means, nor is her armor light weight. So, by her very nature, she is slower than many lighter fighters, friend or foe. This doesn't necessarily mean she is easier to hit, but it does mean it's easier for her attacks to be dodged.

• Partially Blind - Due to the unforeseen final attack from the Brass she had slain, Kahvana is now almost completely blind in her right eye, making her a much weaker target when attacking from that side. She also seems to lack some depth perception, to a certain extent. While she has learned to cope with these disabilities, learning to use her other senses a bit more, this can sometimes get the better of her.

• Arcane - With Chaos as her friend and greatest source of Arcanus, Kahvana will find it extremely difficult from the start to do even the most basic of spells. Oftentimes, a spell such as the simple fireball will explode in her face, or perhaps she'll wish for a fireball and get an ice ball instead. It all depends on the Element's mood. Add this to the fact that she has a very limited Arcanus, and even practice sessions are cut short for her.

• Dragonless - Potentially her greatest weakness, Kahvana is called to the sanctuary in Ranas without a dragon. She has no Pact, though she is somehow still able to communicate with the other dragons and hear their minds when they speak directly to her, and she has no companion. The room beside hers lies empty, and her thoughts remain her own. This also means she has no other source of Arcanus to draw from, no understanding of magic to fill her mind, and none of the physical perks (besides the lack of aging) gained from making the Pact. Whoever will be willing to give her a ride when it comes time to fly?

Dragon_Decay.png

H I S T O R Y
Chaos_Dragon.png
The Aarland family is one of the more famous bloodlines in the Tarjan Army, a child from each generation for hundreds of years having served from the might of Gareth and raised to fight and kill dragons. None oppose them, and they have been granted the highest regards by the Priests of Varon and the unknown King of the current century. Kahvana's father, Targjor, was even granted permission to see the grounds of the seventh ring, a right not even the richest of dukes have been able to claim. Then again, he is one of the Legion Generals serving in the city, currently. Even Kahvana's mother served her time, though she did not gain the title, Dragon Slayer.

When Kahvana was born, her mother, Narreth, was told she would not have any more children due to the damage and trauma of the birth. Because of this, she was her parents' only hope to continuing the soldier lineage. So, from the time she could walk, she was trained to fight.

Swords, axes, hammers...every weapon her father could have mimicked was given to her to try. She was beaten until the understanding of each sunk into her mind, then expected to train more the next day. And yet, she ate the finest foods, wore the finest clothes, read the finest books. But because her mind knew only battle and pain, that was what she learned to thrive on. Only stopping every Nyrdur to worship Varon in all His glory, Kahvana became a puppet in the hands of her father. And later, in the Tarjan Army.

When she enlisted, she was already one of the best young soldiers, despite the fact that she was a female. In most cases, save the few like her mother's, women did not join - and if they did, they were never able to get through the first week of training. Kahvana not only made it through all six months, but she thrived during them. In her training, she learned a creativity that her father could not teach her, finding a drive and determination to make friends that she had not had before. This was also around the time that her morality began to strike hard, fighting her need for friends and socialization. She began to realize that some part of her - deep within her soul - felt that certain things just weren't right. Whether it was watching another suffer before her or even at her hand, or not using all resources granted to her to the best of their capabilities, she began to know that some things were just wrong.

She kept a lid on her seemingly strange moral compass, though, as many others around her would brag about the things she felt was wrong - watching a man they had beaten and tortured die a slow death being one of the common favorites. She even remembers when, four years after she was officially a soldier in the Army and quickly rising into the ranks, overhearing one of her commanders bragging about slaughtering a couple and how their kids would soon be back to see the burning farm, all because the man refused to come back to the city and rejoin the ranks. This was a very common thing to hear, and yet it disgusted Kahvana, even at the lowly age of 20 years.

Still, to serve her duty to her family, she continued to train and rise in the ranks. Over the years, she had gone with many other Dragon Slayers, a part of the legions to bring down mighty dragons so that they would be killed by her leader. She served her duty to honor her family and her comrades, and with each fight came new scars and new strengths. With each fight that she pulled through, she lost friends to death but gained stronger allies. Many would say she was both lucky and strong, being one of the few to actually make it back from as many battles as she had. And yet, with each hunt, she found herself a little less happy and a little more unsure of the world around her.

Before she knew it, she was deemed ready to hunt a dragon of her own.

Only 24 at the time, Kahvana was taken to the great Cornan Desert in hopes of finding a Brown, which was one of the smaller breeds - quick and hard to catch, but softer in the scales and perfect for a first-timer to pierce the heart. Like all before her, Kahvana was given the command of a Legion - one thousand men trained to surround, capture, and beat down a full grown dragon - and sent without any other guidance to - hopefully - come back a Dragon Slayer. Unfortunately for her group, a Brown was not what they had found at all. Instead, a volatile Brass, heated from his search for a mate, landed among them with a mighty roar.

She had to be swift, and sheer survival kicked into high gear. Shouting orders at all her men, she was slowly able to get them around the beast. The first thing they did was pierce the thick hide of its wings with specially-designed arrows, pulling it down to the ground and keeping it from flying away. As many began to fall asleep, their flesh melting from their bones as the Brass unleashed its first wave of its dangerous breath weapon, Kahvana used those in the back to take the spots emptied of live men and filled with their bodies.

Fear overcame many within her legion, but Kahvana kept many of them strong. It took many hours to weaken the beast enough, but finally - after half her legion had succumbed to death - she was able to come forth and pierce the Brass's heart.

It looked at her with twinkling eyes filled with anger and pain, and she could have sworn, for just a second, that she could feel a tickle within her mind. Then, as she pierced the dragon's flesh with a lance, driving it deep into the beast's heart, she watched as it roared in agony, pulling itself up and tearing apart its own wings to raise a claw and swipe towards her. Though it missed her chest, the very edge of the claw managed to catch the right side of her forehead and scratch down across her eye, forever marking her externally as well as internally. Then, as it came back down to the ground, completely, the bloodied Kahvana watched as it drew its last breath, the light dying from its eyes.

As all dragons had before, this one began to dissipate quickly, its body becoming thousands of strange, luminescent particles to be carried by the breeze. Its blood quickly lit with a brilliant, silver flame, and then all that was left was a single stone, pierced by Kahvana's lance - the last piece of the dragon's heart. This was what was returned to Kahvana's commander, who named her Dragon Slayer and welcomed her to the elites of the Tarjan Army.

While the others celebrated, Kahvana kept herself in her room. Nausea welled up within her as the weight of her wrongdoing hit her full-force. Not only did 500 varonians die for her glory, but she killed an innocent creature - one as intelligent or even moreso than her. Killed it for nothing more than glory among her peers.

For four years, she carried this weight. Never again did she hunt for a dragon, always coming up with excuses as to why she didn't feel like going. She kept to herself, training hard with her weapon and handling the burden of her travesty the only way she knew how - by locking her own emotions away and becoming a weapon, herself. She no longer spent time with her peers unless during training hours. Instead, she began to look into other affairs, such as magic and religion. Varon, she felt, had turned his back on her...and she didn't know why.

Finally, after having the strangest of dreams, she simply could not take it any more. With a heavy heart, she went to her Legion General, who also happened to be her father, and formally resigned. That same night, she packed away her things and began making her way out of the city forever. Little did she know that she would not make it farther than her bedroom before being called to her true destiny.

Dragon_Decay.png

R E L A T I O N S H I P S
Chaos_Dragon.png

Targjor Aarland || Father//Commander || 47
A burly man with a heart as hard as stone, Targjor is known for being one of the mightiest Dragon Slayers in the current generation, having seven dragon stones under his belt. He allows absolutely no room for error, and this sort of philosophy was applied to his parenting techniques as well. To Kahvana, her father is more of a commander than an actual parent. She has no love for him.

Narreth Aarland || Mother || 45
Thin and wiry, Narreth was not the mightiest of warriors in her day. Due to this, she did not last long in the Tarjan Army before accepting Targjor's hand in marriage. Soon after, she had her child and dedicated her life to being the best mother she could be for a girl fated to be a warrior. While Kahvana does love her mother dearly, she feels Narreth never had the courage to face Targjor and tell him to stop abusing their only child.

Viehn Farkor || Instructor || 34
Having trained Kahvana from the moment she joined the army, Viehn has grown to be quite the braggy man. While Kahvana has a great deal of patience for him and has been there for him when he needed her, she's always found him somewhat annoying. Still, she feels she owes him quite a debt of gratitude, as he was able to show her which weapon she could use best.

Various Tarjan Soldiers
Despite the fact that she finds their morals to be wrong, Kahvana has found many friends within the Tarjan Army, and as such will find hurting a soldier to be hard for a while. Having been in their shoes, she knows what they must go through and understands that it's not only their own twisted compass, but also that of many parents within the city of Gareth. She has trained with them, grown with them, and even commanded some of them.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Fierro is so stinkin' CUTE!!!!! I wish I had a female dragon to try and woo him!!

ALSO: My plan for this evening is a Suki post, then a continuation post, and then Kahvana's entrance. If I don't get to Kahvana, oh well, but hopefully I can. Depends on how sleepy I am. XD

Reactions: Bitterblue
I thought chaos was an uncontrollable element? :/

It is. And originally, I wasn't going to give it to her. However, because she does not have a dragon, I had to come up with some sort of advantage, and that was the only one I could find. Chaos is a SUPER powerful Element, as it's derived from the goddess, Chaos, who became Kallydrana. However, it is STILL an Element...so I used it because I understand its full nature and how it works throughout the world.

It hasn't been done before...but if Kahvana works out for me, she's going to be my book char...so Chaos would be an interesting thing to use for my story.

Okay. Just personal opinion, I don't like that the most, err, 'attention grabbing' elements and dragons and such have been grabbed by the Game Masters, but okay.

How far are you into your book, Mowkie? I'm quite certain I'm going to want to read it when/if it gets published! (Some people don't want to publish, which is why the if is there)

This is going to be quite interesting. No idea how Cal or Ki will react

@Isho13 I'm sorry you feel that way, but we as Game Masters have built these worlds from scratch. I, personally, have spent the better part of eleven years on mine. So, I think I deserve to take whatever the hell I want. If that means I take a previously uncontrollable Element, that's my right. And it's also very necessary for plot development.

@Bitterblue I scrapped the original, as Aki and Xaria just...I dunno, I lost them. So, I'm trying to start from scratch, but I need a protagonist first. Thus why I'm hoping Kahvana will be it. I didn't feel right making Shirin it, as she was originally designed for a different world, entirely, and I played her in that world...so I'm hoping Kahvana will be my muse. If I do ever get it written, I may just send you a manuscript! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.