Lewi & ale135jiff

Kieara's eyes lit up. She'd always enjoyed the idea of music and playing instruments. "You do?" she spoke. "do you sing to? Would you let me hear sometime?"

"Sing?" He laughed a little nervously and shook his head. "I could try to sing, I honestly don't have a nice voice though," He said with a shrug. "But I'd love to play for you sometime." He threw a french frie into his mouth.

She realized she'd came on a bit strong and blushed. She had a tendency to do that when she was excited about something. She spoke. "I mean if you want to..."

"No I mean it," He said. He took a drink and swallowed. "I really would love ti play for you sometime. I recently started playing my own stuff. No lyrics, you know, but still, it's music." He smiled. "You have to show me your talents too."

Kieara smiled and began eating her food with him. She was happy that he didn't think she was coming on to strong or weird or anything. She spoke. "Well, I think I can handle that."

They sat and talked a while longer. Reid really enjoyed her company. This was so rare to him, he hadn't talked like this with someone since middle school. Eventually, they headed back to her appartment. "Would you still want me to help you out or are you done for the day" He asked "I have no problem if you want help still.."

Kieara smiled. She hadn't connected so well with someone....well...ever. She enjoyed her meal with him and such and once they were back to her place she spoke. "It's all up to you."

He wanted to offer help instead of going home, but instead he decided to just be honest with her. "How about we just hang out a while longer?" He said. He had no problem with helping her move stuff around still, but he'd really like talking to her some more.

"That sounds like a good idea." She said to him with a smile and led him inside. She moved to her couch and slowly sat down holding her stomach for stability.

He had a feeling it would be pretty awkward unless he found something to talk about soon. He went to sit next to her and set his hands on his lap. He glanced at her belly and then smiled at her. He felt comfortable enough now to talk more about it. "How far along are you?" He asked, not sure if he'd asked already.

Kieara smiled and answered happily. "6 1/2 almost 7 months." She said to him. She rested her hands on top of her stomach and spoke. "Thank you for treating me to dinner."

"That was a cheap dinner, I'll take you somewhere nice next time," He said. He leaned back and sunk a little into the couch. "May I ask where its father is?"

Kieara sighed and looked down. "Before I tell you, I don't want you to feel bad for asking afterwards. It's a legitimate question worth an answer." She said. She grabbed her purse which thankfully was sitting on the table beside her. Then she pulled out a police report she'd filed on a rapist...the baby's father.

As soon as she responded, he got a bad feeling about it. But he nodded and waited for her to tell him. He was close enough to see what it was she'd pulled out. But it wasn't until he saw it clearly that he understood what it meant. His mouth opened slightly and he looked at her. He felt bad for asking, but he couldn't tell her. He didn't know what to say. "I'm... uh... oh."

She smiled. "The baby may have part of his genetics but it also has mine and I believe everything happens for a reason." She said to him. She had a good attitude about it. She was still happy and excited to have her baby.

That didn't stop Ren from feeling bad about it, but he did smile back at her. He was happy though, that she was confident about it and she could raise the baby on her own. "You're a really good person," He said.

"aww, thank you. That's very sweet of you to say. You're very sweet." She complimented. She put the paper back into her purse and heard some gunshots outside. She looked out at the now darkened streets with a frightened look. This definitely wasn't the best area of town to be in.