Let's Rock

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm... having some big problems finding the inspiration to make a character. Apparently I forgot to lock my muse's cage, and now the stupid thing escaped again D:

I'm... having some big problems finding the inspiration to make a character. Apparently I forgot to lock my muse's cage, and now the stupid thing escaped again D:
You don't have to join just because I invited you Neo :P Tbh I wasn't sure if a band would be your thing or not so if you're not feeling it there's no pressure.

A question that just occurred to me: when you say we're a punk rock band, what sort of punk rock are you thinking? Any bands in particular that inspired the choice/songs in particular with think we'd be playing something similar to?

Completely irrelevant within the RP, I suppose, seeing as it'll be writing and not noise, but hey that's one of the more sensible questions my brain's come up with today!

Reactions: Vales Velvet
Someone say punk rock band? Well shit... Here comes an anarchist lead vocalist with way too much fucking energy. XD

I am an anti-christ! I am an anarchist!

It'll be fun playing a character with radically different ideologies to my own. XD

Oh, and to Krimp's question, I was of course thinking about more early punk rock (see Sex Pistols reference above), but I'm, curious as to ya'll's ideas.

A question that just occurred to me: when you say we're a punk rock band, what sort of punk rock are you thinking? Any bands in particular that inspired the choice/songs in particular with think we'd be playing something similar to?

Completely irrelevant within the RP, I suppose, seeing as it'll be writing and not noise, but hey that's one of the more sensible questions my brain's come up with today!
Someone say punk rock band? Well shit... Here comes an anarchist lead vocalist with way too much fucking energy. XD

I am an anti-christ! I am an anarchist!

It'll be fun playing a character with radically different ideologies to my own. XD

Oh, and to Krimp's question, I was of course thinking about more early punk rock (see Sex Pistols reference above), but I'm, curious as to ya'll's ideas.
Sex Pistols is a good example, The Ramones too and probably Green Day. When I came up with the idea I didn't have anything specific in mind mostly because I wanted the flexibility of everyone's influences. Personally I'm a fan of some more obscure hard rock bands (Red, Like A Storm, Black Veil Brides, and Nine Lashes to name a few) as well as a number of Japanese rock bands I won't bother to list, so those are a few of my biggest influences.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, everyone should share their influences, whether it's just one song or a band or whatever.

Maybe it won't be a punk rock band after all, maybe the characters will evolve it into pop punk, alt rock, or something else. What should we define it as?

I think that will be something we discuss once all the characters are in. My character was written with almost Anarcho-punk roots so depending on the other characters we might have a pretty interesting sound....

And, personally pop-Punk is gross.... Pretty much anything with "Pop" in front of it is dreadful, and my character would be PISSED. I mean, for his audition i had him doing "Punk Is Dead" so.... XD

Reactions: Clirkus
Are you looking for others. I've been trying to set up a band thread for a while now.

I should've thought of this earlier but if you want your characters to have a stage name you can include that in your CS as well, or add one later on. It won't be a factor in determining roles and you don't have to have one.

Also, I'll be officially closing character signups on Friday the 17th. Anyone who has not yet submitted a character must put one in before that date.
@Blinks @Hyper Henchman @Mr.Scales

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Krimp
Ooh, I love the Ramones! The Sex Pistols are cool too and when I was little the whole family would rock out to Greenday so I can't say anything bad about them either. I'll have a listen to those other bands you posted when I get a chance, Clirkus, but none of those names sound familiar to me.

I'm not much of an expert on punk in general, but I can say that one of my favourite bands to this day is Television, and they're classified as post-punk so that sort of falls into the field, right? Man, the things those guys could do with two guitars...

I've never heard of Television, I'll have to check them out. Black Veil Brides has two guitarists too, great sound, I'd listen to their instrumental alone.

I've actually been on a punk rock binge recently so I am super antsy to get this started.

Hey, not to be a pain, but do you have a basic idea of when this might get started? I'd hate for it to stall out before it even starts...

Like I announced, player signups close before Friday of this week, so after that we just need to work out the bandships and then we can start.

Alright. Sorry.... Forgot about that... Hopefully everyone will still be interested in this like I am...

I'm hoping for a set of fairly dedicated players so if just a few days is enough for someone to lose interest we probably don't want that kind of person anyway.

Of course, so will you tag all accepted players on Friday?

I'll PM them to confirm their final roles and to have them post their CS's in the thread. I'll also announce everyone's final role in the thread with tags. If anyone has a problem with their role (which I'll try to make sure there isn't because I want everyone to have a role they like) feel free to talk to me and each other so we can get all the kinks worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.