Let's Rock

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only showers were appropriate concert venues... Just about everyone would be a professional singer!

But what makes them so great for sound also makes them awful for concerts! They are too small.

A concert of one.

unless you have someone that loves you

Sooooo I met someone at Warped Tour and one thing led to another and today I'm meeting up with a handful of people who want to start a band. Like, for real. I'm excited.

Oh dear..... Can I just say that I don't like concerts and music festivals? They suck as a medium for consuming music.

Wow, you're the first person I've ever heard say that. Sure, some bands/acts might not be as good live, and sure you're gonna get better quality on a recording (and less sore ears to boot) but there's still something about a live performance that takes the cake for me. Even in a huge crowd, there's a level of intimacy in a live performance that you're never gonna get anywhere else.

Clirkus, so exciting! You can use the rp as a testing ground for the actual band and vice versa, haha.

Wow, you're the first person I've ever heard say that. Sure, some bands/acts might not be as good live, and sure you're gonna get better quality on a recording (and less sore ears to boot) but there's still something about a live performance that takes the cake for me. Even in a huge crowd, there's a level of intimacy in a live performance that you're never gonna get anywhere else.

Clirkus, so exciting! You can use the rp as a testing ground for the actual band and vice versa, haha.
I just don't like other people I don't know ruining my experience by being absolute assholes...

I just don't like other people I don't know ruining my experience by being absolute assholes...
I'm tall so I just elbow the annoying people out of my way at concerts. I don't mind crowds though, I'll squeeze in toward the front in a mass of other sweaty fans with the reassurance that there is a hot shower waiting to cleanse me once I get home XD
My best friend hates crowds though, and can't stand other people touching her so I guess I can understand. I like the general atmosphere though.
We all just met up at a coffee shop this afternoon to chat after hooking up through Bandmix.com and we all really hit it off so even if it doesn't work out at least I made some new friends :3

I figure there are gonna be assholes pretty much anywhere you go, but at least at a concert you get to listen to the music of someone you like. And I've got the tall thing going for me too, heh.

Wow I just checked out bandmix that looks like such a handy site! I imagine most of the time meeting up from it would either go really well or really badly, and sounds like you got the first so hey, congratulations.

Yeah I've been on it for almost a year and this is the first meetup I've done through that site, I'd say it went better than I expected.

i'll try and get something up but honestly i just wanted to do an answer all your questions in one post sort of deal until i realized a while ago that that seems like a lot of work so i'll post something soon. ish.

Reactions: Clirkus
I'd have been right on top of it but I think Tam needs to get a word in edgewise.

Okay, so things are going a lot slower than I anticipated, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just want to check with you guys to make sure you're still feeling good about the RP, or if there's anything we need to change/adjust as far as posting goes.

If you're waiting on anyone in particular to post, please let them know, because maybe they're waiting for someone else to post who's waiting for you to post so let's all try to stay on the same page and keep the lines of communication open. If you're at any point having trouble coming up with a post, talk to me and we'll work something out.

Now, as for where we progress from here, I imagine we don't need to spend a whole lot of time on the technical bits. I figure we'll gloss over those as the band starts getting ready for their debut and focus on how they're handling it and on how they're trying to improve.

Reactions: anonymph
Still here, still interested.

I've just had the shittiest week of my entire young life which is why I've been pretty quiet around here.

Still here, still interested.

I've just had the shittiest week of my entire young life which is why I've been pretty quiet around here.
Happens to the best of us, thanks for keeping me in the loop though.

Status
Not open for further replies.