Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mars - Free Holds

"I look forward to it," Mars replied confidently, intoxicated from the dance. Somehow Mars had managed to go through the motions of the dance and fortunately due to Mikan's lead had failed to make a fool of himself. It was unfortunate that the dance had to end and Mars felt a tint of jealousy as Deimos descended from his throne to claim Mikan, it was an easing thought then that he would soon be dead. At the thought Mars instinctively looked for Aeyr but the room was too crowded for Mars to spot anyone particular, even a Selkie. During the dance Mars had caught glimpses of Child, but had since lost his bearing, Abida too was lost to him. Mars hoped at least the others weren't as isolated as he was.

Finally Mars caught sight of Euchia still locked away in her cage under her owners whim. A couple of guards were posted by her cage, chatting leisurely as the ball commenced. Mikan had wanted the slave girl kept alive to possibly press an inquiry but now it seemed unlikely. They were in the heart of the hornet's nest and to expect all of them to come out alive was unrealistic, the added responsibility of this girl was a liability and while Mars would do what he could in accordance with Mikan's wishes, he would have no qualms leaving the slave to her fate if an opportunity didn't present itself. Mikan had possessed him and Mars felt uneasy about that, it was jeopardizing his selfishness; Mikan might get him killed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free Holds - Child

Child had been saved by the timing of Fhamir, who slit the throat of her would be killer. The blow to the assassins head had been as she intended, and while she didn't feel any great pleasure in killing, she was satisfied by the fact that she had been faster then him. And that she always enjoyed the fact that she was the better. She got up to her feet and put the mask, the cool metal as lovely and reassuring on her skin as a lovers embrace would have been. Calming herself and surveying the surroundings, she noted where her fellow mercenaries were, and who were missing. The former gladiator frowned. Something was terribly amiss.

"We are missing people? Where is Abida?" She looked around. "We are to split up. Things are about to go sour, I can feel it. Find Abida. I'll tend to Mikan and the others." She strode trough the throngs of people, eyes sweeping, looking for any further obstacles and problems. Her mask was bound to attract a little attention, but that was likely ideal at this moment. It let the others work. Child would make sure it lasted to. She reached into herself, into the bees nest that were the cackling madness and voices of the lost spirits. With a deep breath she waited. Should she be forced to fight, she would show them exactly what they were dealing with. They surged to her, but she told them to be patient. She needed a good reason, needed there to be a sign that they desperatly needed the diversion.

Rheinfeld - Kasim

Kasim wasn't phased by the angel's anger and threat. His blood was singing the song of battle, as his old orc mentor used to say, and it made him far too determined to win this fight to care about some flying bastard's blowhard comments. As he drew a new arrow and set it to his bowstring, Kasim moved to get a clear shot at the angel and responded to Moira's call at the same time. "Fine, go find them and kill them." He recalled the other Queen's Blades in the area and included them as well. "And you two, Draza and whatever your name is, vampire lady, go help with that too. Leave the flying prick to me."

He drew back the arrow, sighting down it and again aiming to try to account for the wind. As he did so he called up to the angel himself, bragging about his prowess with his bow. "Y'know, one time I shot a man right in between the eyes from a hundred yards away in the middle of a hurricane. Here, I'll demonstrate for you." Being a believer in timing ones quips with their attacks, Kasim let his arrow fly once he was done, hoping he could make his utterly bullshit claim sound true by performing the feat here. Killing an angel with an arrow to the face would make for a great story, but hey, why not get two for one?

Rheinfeld - Zin

Zin's heart lurched as she noticed the mercenaries. They must have been hired by the Papacy, to interrupt the meeting, and if they were able to hold their own against Templars they must have cost a lot, probably hired out of the Free Holds as most great mercenaries were. The last thing in the world she wanted to do was ride any closer to that mess, and at first Davian's muttered words made her want to ride away in order to do just as he said: keep safe. But how safe would Davian remain if she just rode away into the wilderness? Zin suspected that even if she hadn't been on a horse, the man's resistance to magic would keep her from being able to do much for him with her healing magic. He needed to be tended to by someone who could deal with such a serious injury in the more mundane way, and she had neither the knowledge nor the supplies to do so.

Reluctantly, very much wishing she had another option available that wouldn't lead to herself or Davian dying, Zin pulled the reins to turn the horse toward the medical area of the camp. She sought wildly for something to keep her calm, something to lend her courage to make up for her utter lack of it, and eventually settled on one: Draza. She'd seen how the sprite woman had kept her head in the middle of danger and just got down to doing what needed to be done. "Okay," Zin muttered to herself. "Okay, just be like Draza. It'll be fine. Just.. think of what Draza would do."

The problem at hand was getting Davian medical attention without being accosted by the mercenaries. Perhaps they'd be too intent on their fighting to bother with her, but there wasn't any sense taking such a chance. Zin wanted to not be seen, so... The answer popped into her head as she remembered talking to Draza about ways to use her illusion magic in a practical way. She didn't want to be seen, so she could just make it so she couldn't be seen, simple as that. Well, not exactly simple to execute, but the idea was simple.

The invisibility spell was something she'd only managed to cast on herself a couple times. She hadn't done it enough to be able to instantly cast it without a struggle, but it was better than nothing. Trying to cloak everything, herself and Davian and the horse, in invisibility would probably be too much, but she didn't really need to do that. Hopefully nobody would bother with a horse that just had a body draped over it, not when there was fighting to be done, so she dropped the reins and gathered her focus to try to make herself invisible with her illusion magic. She would guide the horse with her knees if it strayed from the course she'd set, or if the spell failed she would just grab the reins again and go with plan B: hurry and hope nobody bothered her even though they could see her. Either way, she was determined to get Davian to the apparent safety of the medical area, and she could only hope like hell it worked.

Liveria - Heaven's Haven
Andrea, Ceann & Elrbetrt

Andrea was focused on mending the injuries sustained by the blind knight, barely noticing the Orc stumbling into view. She had tensed for a moment about to reach for a dagger or her whipe when Gabriel had come. She could all but roll her eyes at the display, so the Orc wanted to take what wasn't his, good to know, if he was going to be a problem it needed to be dealt with, glancing at Ceann she had noticed the ranger had followed the exchange as well who merely shrugged in response. Hearing Gabriel to have them usher into the forest after the second howl was not comforting, so he believed whatever was out there could not be beaten by just those who were currently present, not a very comforting thought.

She turned to the blind knight her healing magic had done it's job as she took a few deep breaths and feeling a bit dazed got to her feet, the energy required tiring her a little and she just needed to take a moment for herself. "Your wrist should be fine now, so get up and start moving as the Angel suggests." She just said and began walking away, expecting Ceann to follow.

Ceann watched Andrea, shaking her head simply and stepped closer to the human woman, reaching out to touch her arm to indicate her presence and perhaps have her use her as leverage to get to her feet. "Do you need a guide or any form of assistance?"

Elrbetrt inhaled sharply at the voice of the elf, her grip on her sword tightening momentarily. A fortunate moment for her, as panic had set its teeth quite deep on her already. She did not resist when the elven knight touched her hand, and through a feat most astounding, healed Elr with her mere touch. The lady walked away before Elr could even begin to thank her, as another stepped beside her, touching her gently to make her presence known.

While it was hardly necessary, since her senses, cleared of pain, could pick up the sound of her footsteps, and the soft noise of clothing against flesh. "I.. I thank you for offering your assistance. While I do appreciate your thoughtfulness, I fear I must decline at the moment, considering my want is not as dire as the situation right now. " With her hand mended, Elr took up her shield, following the drow's lead. She took position at the back of the line, ears out for any signs of immediate danger.

Frowning she studied the human, most curious and her curiousity made her speak up. "Are you truly blind? You seem to be quite capable of moving without hindrance or guidance." She was both stating it as a compliment and observation. She looked back once to the rock-slide before readying a arrow but not yet nocking it on her bow, her own eyes darting to be on alert for whatever that may have howled or anything that might have been attracted by the rock-slide. "I am Ceann." She added belatedly, her mind not really focused on making introductions as she felt her body still aching with minor pains.

Andrea rolled her eyes, "Less talking more getting into the forest, I would very much like to rejoin our companions before whatever demon comes out to attack us." That and get as much meat shields between herself and the demon but she left that unsaid.

Elrbetrt turned towards Ceann at the question. "Yes I am. I suppose being in darkness for as long as I could remember helps." It was hard to explain, especially since she had no idea how sight looked like in the first place. Sound to sound formed her world, scents reinforced it, and touch solidifies it. "I am Elrbetrt of the Westfeld family. It is n-" She stopped for a moment as the drow interjected. "Nice to meet you. I apologize, the lady is right. Let us make haste."

"She speaks harsh but she... means well." Ceann replied, not stating for who Andrea means 'well'. "If you do need assistance feel free to get a hand on my shoulder or ask. And lived in darkness, you might find the Underdark quite comfortable then." She said half in jest.

She glanced at Ceann and frowned, why would she help out this surfacer, a blind one at that. Perhaps her mind had been addled for living so many years under that blinding orb in the sky. A matter to question her about another time, right now she needed to keep her attention on Gabriel, and perhaps that Orc. Speaking of the former she went to look for the winged angel, "I guess we follow your lead for now, since you seem to have a sense of where the others are." She said when she locked eyes on him, while trying to sense the magic aura of that Orc shaman so she wouldn't feel completely useless right now.

Rheinfeld - Laenaia
Laenaia snarled her irritation and disappointment that her attempt failed. It was followed with the angle taking flight and Moira's warning. She made her decision just as Kasim shouted his intention to take the angel on his own.

"Just my intention," she replied as she went over to Moira and gestured at her to lead the way, all the while keeping an eye at the angel to avoid any cheapshot. "You're the Templar, point where the other mage might be hiding."​

Alicia Le'Roux - The Greatest Hunt
Alicia listened in to the various exchanges, deciding her place right now was as the silent observer. She felt the weight of the task put upon her, despite the previous failing, and almost spoke out in protest about being given such an important role. In the end though, she held her tongue. If the Princess, and the Queen's Blades, and even the Queen herself trusted Alicia to do what needed to be done, then what right did she have to complain? She quickly realised how much she was holding herself back by letting her damnable emotions cloud her judgement and rule her head. She was a good fighter: everyone seemed to acknowledge that fact about her, so she should be in the thick of the fight. With Ethlinn already moving through the canopy, and the Queen already following behind her, Alicia was about to move when she observed the strange exchange between Fafnir and Maeven.

When the two parted ways, Alicia decided to walk alongside the dragon into the canopy. She did not hide the curiosity in her glances as she watched the way the mechanical creature moved. It was fascinating, to say the least. Eventually though, she broke the brief silence: knowing this might be the last chance she gets to make a sound before the ambush is set. "Your partnership is a strange one, but I find your presence on this segment of the mission to be comforting."​

Rheinfeld - Scheideweg; Draza

Uh oh.

Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh.

A second mage? Oh Lada no. Of course, though. Of course there was another.

Draza took a deep breath as the Republican soldier approached her, and began to look around, very much liking Kasim's idea. Find the other mage. She wasn't sure if Kasim could handle the angel on his own, but she wasn't sure if there was anything that she could even do to make the angel stop. It was malevolent, it was powerful. She was neither of those, and confronted with something like this was most unpleasant. She couldn't tell if the soldier at her disposal would be enough to help Kasim.

But he couldn't hurt.

"You hit him!" she exclaimed, more in joy and less in surprise. An honest compliment to the man, "You're brilliant, and I know you can do it again. I have the utmost faith in you, and in the good that the angel has abandoned, that you can do it again. Take another shot, adjust for the winds, and hit that jerk where the sun don't shine!" she gave him a push to face towards his target as Kasim boasted, "If he can, you can."

She placed her hand as comfortingly against his leg as she could while he took his shot, and prayed, to Lada, to any good angels out there, to the very spirit of the Rheinfeld people, she prayed for the man, as her eyes tried to sweep and find the second mage. Her vantage wasn't great, but she couldn't well climb on the man to get a view without ruining his shot.

"I believe," she whispered under her breath, wishing she could watch as he fired, but having to look elsewhere for all their sakes.[/hr]

Imperium - Anima Aeternum

A noticeable look of shock overcame the Skuva as Aslo's blades cut through its flesh. Despite his hopes and dreams the head remained fixed upon the creature's shoulders. A slim pout formed on his face, better luck next time he rationalized. Pulled back to the present by Florence commanding him to help, that was something he'd need to address in the future, altogether too many people had been ordering him around. Surely there was a poison that could help with that. Regardless it did seem as though his compatriot needed a helping hand.

Shrugging to himself he decided Gremlock hadn't done anything to aggravate him too severely, and so he decided to hustle over and help the ensnared ally. Eventually wrangling Gremlock from the grip of the chain, and supporting as much weight as the goblin needed to move properly. As they began to move away from the chain Aslo looked back "Take cover before the mist dissipates, General it won't serve you to be the only one exposed." Then instead of heading to the table as Florence suggested Aslo made his way to one of the other pillars in hopes to throw Arachne off their track. Leaning Gremlock against the pillar he looked at him with a slight smirk "Advanced warning, this next part you will not enjoy." with that he set about the goblins injuries.

He was aware that the goblin may cause some ruckus as his limbs are reset, and so he scans the mist for signs of movement so that none of the remaining Scuva take him off guard. "Try to stay quiet. Maybe have one of those fireballs handy in case something gets the drop on us."

"...And, I hope you accept my most sincere apologies for how we treated you back in Renalta, at the ball. The way we reacted to you trying to help. When this is all over, hopefully, you can teach my chefs how to bake some of those wonderful sweets you're so famous for in this country." -Alida Spiegal, Page 1.

Wrinkling her nose with disgust at the smell that immediately greeted her, Nyla pulls back and allows the disgusting creature and its crumbled skull to slip down off the wall with a light thud. The thud however was easily drowned out by the sound of Murderok's oversized crossbow, the mechanism holding back hundreds of pounds of force ceased its function as the minotaur pulled the trigger, causing the bolt to sail through the air. In less than a second, an unholy howl of pain could be heard, followed by the sound of metal dragging against the floor. Moving ahead of the minotaur and raising her shield, Nyla manages to intercept the long chain just in time only to watch it break her damaged shield in two and wrap around her arm. With a single pull, the unsettling sound of bones moving out of place graced Murderok's ears as Nyla gritted her teeth: Her humerus had been dislocated from her shoulder. Nyla manages to remain standing, though her feet slid against the ground as she tried unsuccessfully to untangle the chain from her arm.

Struggling to keep his pilum embedded into the ground against the force of the chain, Florence felt the pilum finally buckle despite his every attempt to compensate for the force against the shaft of the weapon. Watching the chain suddenly pull back, his eyes widen and look to see that Gremlock had managed to unhook himself from the chains mere moments before he would have been pulled to a quick and terrible death. Exhaling slowly, his eyes momentarily move to Gryff, who was resetting his limb near the corpse of Trom. "Pity." He mutters as he turns to the sound of several chains moving at once.

Thankfully the poisonous gas was dissipating as it spread further and the chemicals themselves wore off, revealing through the thin layer of gas that Murderok's bolt had cleanly pierced the left side of Arachne, green-black blood seeped from the open wound as the creature slowly moved away from the wall, dragging the seven smaller chains around her waist and moving towards Murderok and Nyla. The young girl's face goes pale as she starts panicking and looks back at Murderok: He'd risk his life saving her now, but good word could go out about him later if he at least tried to save her... "You will be the first morsel I will have had in ages little one."

Whilst all of this was going on, Aslo manages to successfully reset Gremlock's dislocated limbs. Both Gremlock and Gryff would still be slowed and in pain, though they could hobble and still fight effectively, despite both being aware that dodging incoming attacks would be highly unlikely at this point.

Whilst Arachne's attention was on Nyla and Murderok, her right side was present with only three short chains attempting to defend her. Mysteriously, her three remaining Skuva were nowhere to be found...

Rheinfeld - Scheideweg

With a moment's hesitation and glancing back to Kasim, Moira turns away and leads Laenaia at a breakneck pace away from the barn and the camp. Seeing as how the barn was atop a steep hill, it overlooked a small road on the side opposite that of the camp. On said road was a pair of travelers, who were staring up into the clouds. One was a rather short woman with wild blonde hair, green eyes, and white skin tanned from what was likely a very active lifestyle under the sun. With her was a drow, a male drow. Both of them were wearing strange straw hats, and a messy variety of clothes: Simple cloth, though with white and red colour schemes. The woman looked down from the clouds at the approaching Moira and Laenaia and waved with a friendly smile. "You all seem to have a problem! What a shame, really!" Moira's eyes narrow into a glare. "Witch." The drow's hand moves to the handle of his curved blade only for the strange woman to grasp his hand and smile. Laenaia was able to discern that the woman was indeed a magician, though her magic seemed wilder, not like the disciplined kinds of magic one would expect from the Mage's Guild.

The woman gives a small curtsy, crossing her legs and bowing her head despite not wearing a dress. "Greetings fair lady, I am Kiune, and this is my friend, Scar." The drow waves, though maintains a stoic expression despite Kiune elbowing him. "Anyway, I am a witch, it is true! So, before your Templar friend there can cut off my head and stick it on a pike, I think I am going to leave." Moira hesitates and looks at Laenaia. It seemed that Moira was inexperienced in these matters, and was attempting to defer the decisions to those she was likely told to trust.

Draza's attempts to inspire the soldier were going well as he nodded and smiled, kneeling down and bringing his crossbow to bear. Taking aim, he once again compensates for the wind and fires, though this time the bolt only manages to strike the angel in his leg. Still, it seemed to be enough to cause the angel to flinch, his spell seemed to dissipate somewhat as the clouds in the sky grew a little lighter. He glares at the Rheinfelder, who was desperately attempting to load another bolt. "YOU--" Kasim's arrow sings through the air and plants itself firmly through the angel's wind pipe. The angel flutters his wings momentarily before falling straight to the ground, dead before he could even get a retorting quip in for Kasim.

The Republican stares at the corpse of the fallen angel and closes his eyes, quietly muttering a prayer. He then stands up and finishes reloading his crossbow, looking back at Draza with a grin. "You're just as lucky a charm as stories say, mi'lady! What should we do next?" He inquires curiously as he looks into the barn, seeing Eustice attempting to escape by dragging himself away. There was no further resistance he could put up and his attempt was a feeble one. "Should I execute him?"

Zin arrives at the medical area without any particular incident. There were several tents for the wounded and sick to rest, and it seemed that casualties were not coming in yet. Before Zin could dismount her horse however, she saw a pair of leather-clad mercenaries stumble into the area, panting. They were likely running from something, however they had managed to escape from whatever it was that was chasing them. Glancing over to the horse, one of them grins. "Eh', ain't that the commander?" One of them mused. His accent gave away his homeland immediately: Free Holder. "Definitely." The other had a Liverian accent. "Well, lets stick that fucker then." The Liverian nods in agreement and the pair start to approach, only for a fourteen year old squire to burst from one of the tents swinging a one handed war hammer. It was a little large for him, as he had to hold it with two hands, though he easily smashes the Liverian's knee in with one swing, causing him to fall over screaming a string of curses. The Free Holder unsheathes two daggers and immediately impales one in the boy's shoulder, causing him to cry out in pain. "Fucking bastard!" The Free Holder hollers as he kicks the boy down puts a foot on his chest, he was going to finish the squire off.

Zin could use the distraction the Squire made to escape, or attempt to save the Squire. Either way, Davian was attempting to sit up, reaching for his weapon that he had dropped back at the barn as he looks at the squire with sympathy.

Liveria - Heaven's Haven

The orc archer follows up behind the group, his ribs were still damaged though he was too prideful to ask for help, even as his upper lip occasionally twitched in pain. Within the forest, they could no longer see the figure in the distance. Despite her every attempt, Andrea was unable to feel the presence of the orc shaman, as he wasn't using any magic, and the presence of Gabriel near her was blinding her natural sensory perception to magic. The forest itself was thick with underbrush, having not been traveled much by anyone in what looked to be decades, possible centuries. Gabriel looks back at the Orc Archer curiously. "If my people live here, why does this place look abandoned?" The orc archer shrugs. "No ask, no tell. Sometime see, in air." He points at the skies. "Searching. Never finding." Gabriel raises an eyebrow. "What were they searching for?" The orc shrugs once again, unable to find an answer as his eyes then casually stare at Andrea's backside. Gabriel shakes his head and looks through the forest.

Ceann & Elrbetrt would notice something odd about the forest, there was a complete lack of any sound of animals or insects: No crickets, no birds, no squirrels or mice. They managed to travel for several minutes without encountering the demon, though there was no sign that they had made significant progress as the thickness of the canopy prevented them from seeing the mountain or the other road. It was then that they found the body of an angel laying against a large tree trunk, her chest cavity had been punctured with a large spine of some sort, twisted and partially made of a metallic compound that nobody could recognize. Whatever it was, it was capable of piercing the plate mail that the angel had been wearing. Kneeling down beside her, Gabriel bows his head with sorrow. "Natalia, I'm sorry I could not get here in time. May Merlin somehow find a way to lead you home." The orc looks at her body and snorts. "Not long dead. Not a stiffy." He sniffs the air and growls. "Grrrll... Not alone..." A wounded wolf moves out of the underbrush. It had been laying there, it seemed, hiding from something, though it whimpered as it looked at Natalia's corpse. The orc cracks his knuckles. "Take no chances?" He inquires for once as Gabriel looks back and shakes his head. "No. We don't know that the wolf is a threat. He's just another innocent who managed to survive."

It was at that point that Andrea quietly became aware of the presence of a nearby spider, likely one that had wandered out of the Underdark. It, too, had seemed to survive the rampage of whatever had made the forest silent, somewhere in the canopy nearby. It seemed that Llolth was smiling upon her to send such a gift... Or, was it someone else who had sent the gift?

Meanwhile...

On the western road, as the group started moving out, Princess Helénē looks at Elrithos and sighs. Whilst it took her a few minutes, she finally, silently took the herbs from the Orc Shaman. The Shaman chuckles as he makes a single brief motion with the medicine, moving his hand down her arm. With a couple of unsetling cracks and a single yelp of pain from Helénē, the arm is healed. With that done, she takes a few steps away and gingerly rubs her once badly broken arm, keeping her eyes toward the ground. Molkar shakes his head and glances at the dusty path around them.

As they traveled, it became quickly apparent that whatever creature had howled at them had gone on a rampage here: The strewn corpses of several animals coated the road and nearby forest, causing Helénē to gag with disgust while Molkar grinned. "The scent from the rot these creatures have is masking our approach." Indeed, within a few more minutes of hasty travel, they had arrived at the cliff face of the mountain the angels lived in. About a few hundred feet up, the edge of the cavern which the angels called home was visible, as was a rolled up rope ladder. The shaman narrows his eyes as he glares at the edge of the cavern. "I can lift only one person all that distance." The cliff face looked like it could be scaled up, though the only one with the endurance to do was Elrithos. It seemed only two could go up, while two would have to stay behind until the ladder could be dropped. Either prospect was rather unsafe.

Free Holds - Devil's Children

As Child told Fahim to get to the succubi, he looked at Child oddly. Perhaps it was her lack of social graces, but there was no way he was going to slip back there unnoticed now, not after he killed someone. There'd be at least a few suspicious eyes watching him, though it didn't prevent him from looking with desperation at the door to the back area. He looks at Ouchi Maru and motions for him to follow Child, to which Ouchi Maru nods in agreement. Fahim then starts moving through the crowd, Eüchia who was still trapped in her cage with two guards on each side. They'd likely kill her and run if given the chance.

It was at this point that Aëyr threw her knife. As the crowd gasped, Mikan tightened her grip around Deimos and kissed him, bending one of her knees so her leg would kick back. The knife pierces his flesh, straight through the chest, between the third and fourth rib, into his heart. Deimos exhales, then smiles a little as Mikan pushes him backward lightly. As he hits the ground, the throwing knife digs even further into his flesh, completely eviscerating his heart and ending his life seconds later. Guards leap to attack both Aëyr and Mikan, though they are immediately intercepted by Renaltan soldiers in disguise as the Renaltan nobles come out of hiding from the crowd and order their men into action. Fahim was rather amazed: For a people so focused on tolerance and acceptance, they were well versed in the art of betrayal.

Still. There was work to be done.

Fahim snaps the neck of the closest cage guard before he can even react, though the other unsheathed his blade. Before he could stab the now screaming Eüchia, Fahim shapeshifts his arm out into a long, greyish goo that extended thinly from himself and wrapped itself around the guard's neck. Fahim was trying to buy time for Aëyr as he yells out towards her, his voice sounding both strained and almost mechanical in nature. "KILL THIS FLESH DEAD." It seemed being partially in his base form was affecting his ability to process human speech. Ouchi Maru starts laughing as the entire ball room descends into anarchy, grabbing a pair of nearby guards and smashing their heads together. "CHILD! LEAD ME TO GLORY!" As he says this, the light operator, Barthelo, leaps off the edge of the light operator's area and lands a few feet from Mars. "You upheld your end of the bargain! So new plan!" He throws one of his many knives, killing a guard a couple feet from Mars. "I'll help y'all with your plan, you take me with you wherever the fuck y'all are goin'!" He gets pinned by a guard from behind, struggling to get free. It seemed Mars could free him, or could leave him to die. It was up to him.

Three guards grow closer to Mikan who was still in a small clearing by the throne, unchallenged by the Renaltans who had their hands full as Mikan rolls the corpse of Deimos over and retrieves the throwing knife. None of the guards near her had shields, causing her to smirk. "Lil' lady, if you stand down, I promise, you won't be killed..." One of the guards states with a slight quiver of fear or excitement in his voice. "Uh huh... I know what you want and I'm not that easy." Mikan replies as she twirls the throwing knife around her hand, pointing the tip down towards the floor. "Lets dance." She says with a giggle.

Meanwhile...

Abida's headbutt worked to set the succubi off balance, though only momentarily. Between already being partially affected by the succubi's alluring nature, and the sheer strength of the succubi, she only stumbled back a couple feet, and with a howl of unholy rage loud enough to be heard through into the ballroom, she summons a whip into her hand. Before Abida can even hope to open the door to the room and run or counter attack, the whip wraps itself around her throat and she is pulled in against the now very sharp tail of the succubi. It easily pierces through her chest and snaps multiple ribs on its progression through one of her lungs and out her back, damaging her spine in the process. The last possible thought that may have been on Abida's mind is how much of a mistake it was to go alone, against a creature potent enough to seduce and control the ruler of an empire built on the strongest taking the throne...

Amazons - The Greatest Hunt

Everyone moves forward towards the edge of the jungle clearing, silence was their watch word. Discretion was key to this assault, and luckily for Alicia, the canopy was low enough at this point that jumping down to attack wouldn't hurt her thanks to her vampirism and dexterous nature. Beneath Maeven and Alicia was the rest of the group, save for the two undead skeletons and undead jaguar which were sent to create the distraction as mentioned prior in their plans. Princess Ethlinn keeps everyone low in the underbrush, then looks back to them all and takes a deep breath. "May we see each other at the mouth of the Great River should we fail to come home." Unamo nods in agreement as Tasha's grip tightens on her spear.

Moments later, the trap is sprung, and the trio of undead burst out from the jungle. Within seconds the enemy reacted, and Ethlinn, Tasha, and Unamo leap out of the foliage to attack. The targets closest to the group were the four jaguars and the Agent of Greed, whilst the Succubi, Elite Hounds, and Doom Guard went after the undead. The undead wouldn't last long, and so it was imperative that the group took advantage while they could. At the very least, the abomination was either unaware or incapable of movement just yet, as its breathing slowly began to increase in pace. "FOR RASHAN!" Tasha yells out, as Rashan was visible gagged and tied up behind the jaguars. Her throat was still open, but the blood remained pumping beneath her pale skin. It seemed the Amazonian ability to avoid death by blood loss was no myth.

Unamo begins preparing a spell as she pulls out a crystal, glancing up at Maeven and nodding. She was preparing...

Naream stayed back, depending on his minions to do his dirty work.

The enemy, caught unaware, made no first move against the party.

• Love
Reactions: K3l
Free Holds - Devil's Children
Mars

Mars watched the blade race from Barthelo's fingertips and plunge itself into a guard not three feet from where he stood. Another guard approached Barthelo from the rear and managed to subdue him, Mars had only a moment to think. He had no weapon, but he had the sliver of glass he had hid in his sleeve earlier, before the dance. He rushed forward drawing the shard and motioned to thrust it into the guards throat as fast as he could, the jagged glass biting into his palm and he gripped it.

Barthelo waits until the last moment, then lowers his chin to his chest so the glass could go straight over into the guard's wind pipe. With a single pathetic mewl and a brief squirt of blood from a severed main artery, the guard's grip fades from him as his life ends before his body could even crumple to the floor. "Nice one mate." Barthelo says with a grin as he pulls out another pair of throwing knives, holding one out for his compatriot. "Shall we?"

Mars gratefully took the blade he had been offered then looked back at the man Barthelo had slain and muttered, "Thank you, now we're even." Next, he pointed the steel blade to Mikan, "Stay on her and keep her safe...please. there is something I need," he added faintly.

There had been a terrible howl, monstrous and chilling to the bone. It was the succubus, he was sure of it; He had to hurry. He sprinted through the ball room in a mad dash, the chaos which was ensuing made it easy to get lost in the crowd of people whom stampeded for the exits, Mars broke off and went down into the hall which he was sure the terrible bellow had come. There lay Abida in pool of blood, in a glance Mars was taken aback, but swiftly he fixed his eyes on the succubus.

"You were the power behind Deimos' kingdom? With him dead are you still?"

The succubi chuckles, then erupts into laughter as she snaps her tail against a nearby wall to remove some of the blood, causing the stone wall to buckle a little. "Perhaps, my little sweet..." Mars would feel the aura that affected Abida slowly affecting him, though being in her true form drained her and it slowed the process. "Now, please, do kindly run away... Before I have to dirty myself with another mortal upon my unsheathed tool."

At the sight of the demon's flailing tail and what it had done to Abida Mars dare not approach and was sure to keep a healthy distance. The woman was alluring and was beginning to ensare Mars like a spider's web to a fly, but there was a far more powerful force at work in his heart then a desire for flesh.

Rheinfeld - Kasim

"Hah!" Kasim thrust his right fist into the air, a vigorous salute to his own skill. "Right in the throat! I'm fucking amazing!" He walked a couple steps forward toward the angel, initially intending on recovering his arrow, but he stopped himself almost as soon as the thought went through his head. It would be better for his heroic legacy to have people see the evidence of the fatal strike for themselves. The heavy arrow could have only come from his own bow, being too large to be the kind of arrows the Rheinfelders used, and there were no other wounds on the angel that could have been the fatal blow. An arrow was a small price to pay for the added prestige of someone like Taigyn or Davian seeing the evidence and knowing exactly who had ended the angelic threat.

The idea of Davian begrudgingly praising him kicked Kasim's thoughts down another path. Surely this angel and Eustice couldn't have been the only agents of the Papacy. They would have wanted to get all the leaders of the opposing factions at the same time, and there was no way such a small force could have managed it against all the soldiers of the Templars and the Republic in the camp. Perhaps treachery could have gotten the job done, but still, only two Papacy agents to take down three major targets? There had to be more to this attack. Taigyn and Alida were still in danger, and they'd sent Zin out with the injured Davian without knowing anything of the situation in the camp.

The Republican soldier's questions drew his attention. Before Draza had a chance to reply, Kasim rolled his eyes at the man. "Of course not. The big bad guy is dead, now we hold on to his injured companion and press him for information later. Tie him up or something so he can't get away for now, but we've got other work to do." Kasim turned and headed for the barn entrance, but after a few steps he spoke aloud in a clear afterthought. "Oh, and killing helpless enemies is kind of a bad guy thing to do. We're supposed to be the good guys here. Get him secured and then let's go save Alida." He dropped the last bit in a purposely casual manner, intending to get the guard to hurry with the task and then follow him out.

As he got out to where there was a clear view of the camp, it took Kasim no time at all to realize the general shape of what was happening. He reached out with his telepathy to everyone he could see, hoping that it would work on at least a few people when attempted in such a blanket manner, and tried to speak into their minds: "Papacy angel is dead, traitor Eustice is down, barn secure, reinforcements on the way." There was no telling who, if anyone, would get his mental message, but there was no reason not to try it. If his allies heard it they would fight with renewed vigor, and if the enemies heard it then maybe they'd be shaken by the news and retreat or be distracted enough to get themselves killed. Kasim hurried down the hill, heading for the meeting tent where he'd last seen Taigyn and Alida. As he moved he drew his short sword in his right hand and kept his metal-reinforced bow in his left for defensive use, ready to fight anyone who got in his way.

Rheinfeld - Zin

The appearance of the mercenaries froze Zin where she sat, and it wasn't until they spoke to one another that she remembered that she was cloaked in an invisibility spell. She was still sitting there silently panicking when the boy came out of nowhere and attacked the mercenaries. It went by so quickly that Zin felt like she'd missed something: it just suddenly went from two mercenaries approaching to one mercenary down and the other facing a boy with a hammer. She felt like her heart was trying to climb out through her throat, and it only got worse as she continued to watch.

As the Free Holder drew his daggers, she knew the squire had no real chance. He'd taken the one by surprise, but he was clearly too young and too small to be able to fight a trained killer in open combat. All of her finely tuned cowardly instincts were already yelling at her to run away when the mercenary stabbed the boy in the shoulder. Zin saw it all happening far too slow, taking in all the details against her will. She wanted to run, to flee with Davian and save his life along with her own, but she couldn't take her eyes away from the fight. The Free Holder kicked the squire and took him down, planting a foot on his chest to lean down for the kill. She couldn't tear her gaze away, but she saw Davian watching the whole mess and reaching for a weapon that wasn't there. It was...

Eyes. Zin remembered something she'd learned from the friend who had turned her into a vampire years ago, about how they had hypnotic eyes that could wholly enslave the will of mortals. She'd never really tested it out in earnest before, just a few little hypnotic suggestions to nudge people into doing mundane things, but the present moment was as good a time as any to try something bigger. It was the best solution she had, after all: she didn't have the nerve to kill the mercenary, and she'd never forgive herself for leaving the boy to die, so she had to do something.

Zin dropped her invisibility illusion and quickly tugged the hood of her cloak back so it was just barely shading her face as she wracked her brain for something to catch the Free Holder's attention, in case her sudden appearance didn't register in his peripheral vision. She blurted out the first thing that came to mind, a bit of vulgarity that she'd heard from one of the soldiers on the trek to Rheinfeld: "Hey shitbrain!" Zin felt a little flutter of excitement at using the kind of word that she'd been raised to disdain, but there was no time to indulge in it. She stared at the Free Holder mercenary, hoping he'd turn and meet her gaze for even a moment. If she could get this to work, the distraction could buy the squire time to get away or take the Free Holder down. She focused her will on tapping into her vampiric power, with a single simple command in mind that she hoped to force the man to obey: Do not move.

Rayvon Krayvitch // Liveria – Heaven's Haven
Rayvon draws her blade and turns about, facing out towards the woods and keeping her eyes vigilant, "Molkar, raise Helene. I will guard you so you can give your utmost focus to the task. Elrithros can ascend the cliff face with her." Rayvon glances back for a moment, "I'd rather not waste any time arguing about this and give whatever did this a chance to come back for us, so if you would not tarry..."

Amazons – The Greatest Hunt

Alexandria appeared alight with the rush for battle as they came upon their enemies, eyes fixed upon injured Rashan and the abomination. Sword clutched tight, as soon as Tasha gave their battlecry, she springs forth from the lush fronds of the Amazon jungle like one of its many predators and sets her eyes upon her first target, the Agent of Greed as she goes in to strike. From the corner of her eye, she spies Naream hanging back. She looses a peel of laughter, "This is far too much like old times, you lounging back while everyone else does the work! Make yourself useful and do something about the skeletons about the abomination!"

Meanwhile, Maeven watches the battle unfold. It was all going as planned. The undead drew out the worst of them. Their own group was rushing in to engage. Unamo was giving her the signal. Maeven adjusts herself in the high up canopy of the trees, nested between a forking of thick branches where she could see between the thick leaves down into the thick of things. She aims down the sight of her gun at the succubus down below, taking a slow deep breath before emptying her lungs, making sure everything lined up perfectly...

And right as she pulls the trigger, she sees the whole area erupt in flames, obscuring her sight of whether the shot landed home or not. Fafnir having taken a gliding flight over above his allies and the small fight they were getting involved in and unleashing fiery fury upon the succubus and company. That is, just before he thudded down to the ground heavily in order to impose himself as a great blockade, meaning to prevent any enemy reinforcements from arriving before the party could dispatch the jaguars and agent and rescue Rashan.

Maeven
Blunderbuster Equipped—
--Rifle Barrel: accuracy bonus
--Animal Soulgem: silencing on firearm

Fafnir
Upgrades:
--Slot 1 - Leather Wings: Fafnir is now made with leather wings enabling him the ability to fly. This in turn also grants him higher agility and movement speed, at the expense of some of his protective capabilities.
--Slot 2 - Protected Fuel Lines: Fafnir now has protected fuse lines. He is less likely to be disabled due to leaking fuel. This grants a moderate bonus to defense against high damage.
--Slot 3 - Mouth Extended Torch: Maeven has found a chemical she can spark temporarily to create a fire-breathing effect for Fafnir. This, for brief periods of time can be used as a fire breath attack by him. Extended use could risk doing damage to his own structure or heating those upon his metal surface as it heats up.

Elrithos - Liveria, Western Route
=========================================

The Aavikkanian was relieved to see that the princess had taken the medicine. It would make their lives a little easier to get to wherever they needed to reach. Such wounds would worsen if untreated and Helénë would have probably regretted having the suffering of a worsened state. Either way, he was satisfied and moved along with the group, keeping his eyes and ears open for the roars and anything else that would have been off.

Their travels eventually brought them to their destination, but the presence of the creature was made apparent with the slaughtered creatures. What could cause this? A good question, an important one at that. He looked up the cliff face, seeing the ladder all the way up there. It was pretty far and Elrithos wasn't sure he could reach it. In normal circumstances, he could have done so, but he didn't know if any of his minor injuries might arise. The orc offered to bring up one of them, but that was the extent of his powers. It was good enough; they could do something with that.

He looked at Rayvon who suggested sending Helene up and having him go up the cliff. Wise idea? He had initially considered sending up Rayvon who was the heaviest and the most obstructed by her equipment… But it was true that if anything happened to the Orc, plummeting of the Princess would kill her. So, he looked at the cliff face once more before turning to the three.

"It is our best option. I don't know how long it will take me to go up, but if there is anything up there, I'll do my best to defend her Majesty and myself until you arrive." Elrithos proceeded to start removing his chainmail hauberk and his Sandblade. "I'll just require one of you to bring these up for me once we have the ladder down. I'll make my ascension as easy as possible." He set those on the ground then proceeded to the cliff face. "If the howling beast finds us, make sure you keep its attention. If it tries to get me to fall, he won't have a hard time doing so." He commence his climbing, knowing that he would have to get a head start.

The Greatest Hunt - Essylt Boudica

Esyllt had stood in silence, simply agreeing to the orders of the princess. If they were good enough for her queen, they certainly were for a soldier such as herself. Under the cover of the jungle, Esyllt tried her best to keep up. Alexandra, Alicia and the amazons were far more agile than Esyllt, but she would do everything she could to assist their ambush. Moments before the amazon princess gave the order, Esyllt laid a hand on Tasha and Alicia's steel; channeling into them a life-draining enhancement. "This will protect you," She spoke telepathically in order not to alert the enemy. "Although I pray it will not have to."

When the assault team shot forward, Esyllt herself stood back near Naraem and Unamo, ready to act as their shield should she have to. As Alexandria shouted an order at the necromancer, Esyllt saw opportunity to assist. A crack appeared in the sky it very self; tearing a gateway towards Esyllt's private dimension. Within the blink of an eye, an undead abomination sprung onto the battlefield, using it's momentum to get the literal drop on the abomination of the enemy. Esyllt had summoned the creature she and Naraem had made in the previous battle... But one they had perfected and stabilised in their time off. It would not instantly fall as it had last time, this Esyllt was sure of.

Last edited:
Aëyr
Free Holds, Devil's Children

As the knife pierces Deimos's back and his body falls to the floor, lifeless, Aëyr felt herself relax. She had never felt so relieved killing someone before—though, to be fair, this was the first time she had slain a living, sentient target. And yet, her relief could last no longer than a moment, a single breath.

"KILL THIS FLESH DEAD."

She knew it to be the voice of Fahim, and from the sound of it, he was in the direction of Eüchia's cage. Before her stood Mikan, facing three guards with naught but a bloodied knife and a playful grin. Behind her, her only true remaining friend was in peril. The choice was not difficult. Good luck, Mikan.

Turning sharply to the direction from whence she'd come, she dodged her way through the crowd until she had clear sights on the fight breaking out by the cage. Fahim was pulled thin, but with only one opponent, the odds were still good. With the second knife in hand, she again rushed to get close. This time, however, she would have to evade the various skirmishers butchering each other all over the hall. Attempting to throw the dagger in the midst of all these heaving bodies would be a fool's errand. She would simply have to resort to stabbing the man in the back.

If she could make it there in time, without herself being skewered by the combatants in her path.

I am coming.

Rheinfeld - Scheideweg; Draza

The angel was slain.

Or so it would seem to be, but considering that fall, that stop, Draza was totally willing to believe. Side by side with her companion, she sent up a prayer, of thanks and a request of salvation and redemption for the fallen angel. It was a sorry sight to see an angel fall.

Well, okay, it physically falling just then was a call for jubilation. Better it than them.

The soldier stood and grinned at Draza, "You're just as lucky a charm as stories say, mi'lady! What should we do next?" Draza and him both in kind looked over to Eustice. He was a scoundrel and a knave; an enemy to good people. "Should I execute him?" Draza's head snapped back to the man and gave him a look of disbelief. Had he really just said that? She moved her mouth to begin to speak, only for Kasim to butt in.

"Of course not. The big bad guy is dead, now we hold on to his injured companion and press him for information later. Tie him up or something so he can't get away for now, but we've got other work to do." Draza wasn't entirely sure if she had expected that of Kasim. She thought he was likely to boast first before speaking on the prospective prisoner. Had he boasted? She wasn't paying attention. He probably had. "Oh, and killing helpless enemies is kind of a bad guy thing to do. We're supposed to be the good guys here. Get him secured and then let's go save Alida."

Well, he wasn't wrong, but the manner that he said it struck a nerve with Draza, "Kasim's right, we do need to hurry and incapacitate the prisoner, not kill him. Execution is the duty of others, not of our own. Make haste, secure him, and then grab me. I'm not as fast as you, and my horse is occupied elsewhere." She looked at Kasim as he made a commando of himself, and turned back to the soldier, "If trouble comes, I'll get off you as quick as I can so you can defend yourself. Oh, wait,", she stopped herself as the Republican presumably went about the task requested of him, "Valiant sir, we may be in a hurry, but it may be a bit rude for me to ask you carry me, if I do not know your name. You know myself, but of whom shall the songs sing for you?"[/hr]

Murd and Gryff appraised the situation practically with twinned minds. Murd grasped his spear in both hands as slightly across the chamber Gryff prepared his shield and, sheathing his sword, prepared his Lance instead. "If you're planning on anything better do it quick." Gryff said as Murd smiled at Nyla, "Lass, are ye with me?" He remarked.

The Minotaur and Centaur both turned to face the spider-woman. She was still undoubtably powerful and the two were counting on the others aiding them however they could. But the fact remained that they too were fairly powerful, no sane man would cross a Centaur or Minotaur, but this thing was neither man nor human.

And so digging their hooves into the ground both Charged the eight-legged hussy intent on opening her up.

Liveria - Heaven's Haven

She stared at the dead angel, her death was not a gentle one from the looks of it and made her feel a need to urgently continue on their journey and get on their way. It seemed however that Gabriel knew this angel, a interesting little fact but on that could be questioned later perhaps. When they were in fact not cut off from the rest of their group in a hostile environment with a potentially very dangerous demonic threat about to rip them to pieces. She ignored the beast that came limping from the underbrush, it was a 'dog' or something similar to it she believed recalling some of the Renaltans having some of the beasts as domesticated pets. Besides it was wounded and therefore it would more than likely be killed by another predator, it was the way of life.

She froze however as she sensed something else, a familiar presence, comforting to her almost. "Llolth be praised.." She murmured softly as she realized what she was sensing. She took a few steps in the direction, not wandering too far from the others. Reaching out with her hand as if in offering, reaching out with her magic to soothe the spider she was sensing to bring it out of hiding and to her side.

Ceann had her arrow at the ready casting her gaze around watching for the... thing... responsible for the death of the angel. From the looks of it, they should not linger here. That or since it had been here it would not so quickly return. When Andrea wandered off she frowned, looking at the priestess what she was up to but when it was clear she was not intent on splitting their group even further and was just... doing something. She turned her attention to the wounded wolf. It had reacted upon turning into the dead angel's direction, was it related to her perhaps?

She approached slowly, trying not to show any harmful intent, "Mistress, if you are... ready with whatever you are doing could you perhaps assist in healing this animal? It might have had some relation with the dead angel." She tried to approach the wolf to study it's wound, ready to retreat if it growled or bared it's teeth at her.

Liveria - Heaven's Haven
Elrbetrt Westfeld
She focused on her steps, feeling the ground beneath her feet, hearing her companions' steps to judge where to step next. It went on for some time before she realized those were mostly the only sounds she could hear. Elrbetrt stepped closer to Andrea and Ceann, feeling oddly reassured by their presence. There were nothing else she could hear, no bird calls, no insects buzzing around, not even the soft sound of small mammals creeping about on the ground. Odd and very disconcerting for someone who relies on mostly her hearing and memory to navigate.

The smell of blood came to her, a few minutes before before she could hear the others react. Gabriel went straight for the corpse, and from what he said, she surmised it was one of them, presumably dead from whatever stalks this forest. Ceann was approaching a wounded wolf, and Andrea was doing... something? Something about Llolth. Praying to her god perhaps. She seemed to be facing towards some animal she could barely hear.

With the others occupied so, Elrbetrt focused her senses outwards, shield at the ready. She still felt rather uneasy over the forest being unnaturally silent, and over that roar they had heard when they were on that cliff. There was something else out there, something that managed to kill one of them, and she would rather not be caught by surprise. Especially not when it could apparently bring down an entire cliff by itself.

Imperium~Doctor Gremlock

A wave of relief washed over Gremlock when he escaped from a certain horrifying death. He was a bit steamed at Aslo for using poison gas, but laid that aside for now in favor of helping out the offensive. Well, to be more precise, he decided to make sure the Scuva didn't mess up the offensive plan. With a flick of the wrist, Gremlock made a small flame at each of the four entrances, only there in order to light up the area, then he reached into his belt and pulled out a bottle with a violent looking red liquid inside. It was his Kaboom in a Bottle, designed to make explosions. Normally they'd be used for the sort of entertainment that only a goblin would appreciate, but he figured that it'd do a great job of pest control. He looked around, ready to pop the cap of the potion open and send a hurtling fireball of death at any groups of Scuva he found. If they didn't show up, he could always open it towards the Arachne and see how much damage it would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.