Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rheinfeld - Scheideweg
Laenaia hissed her irritation upon being late with her warning and see Eustice stabbed Davian in the back. Her thoughts were interrupted as two loud noises sounded nearby and the vampire turned to see Draza spitting out her whistle before barking out orders to the others nearby. Before letting the sprite turn her attention to her, Laenaia had turned her attention back to the fallen angel and backstabbing bastard.

Screw subtlety, she thought as she gathered her magic and focused her attention to Eustice in an attempt to force compulsion out of him before shouting at them with full Charm she could muster with what she has. "STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND STAB THE PERSON BESIDE YOU WITH YOUR SWORD!!!!"​

Last edited:
Queen Alexandria Nebacaesar // Amazons – The Greatest Hunt
Collaboration Alexandria and Ethlinn (By Tempest and Brovo)

The werewolf lingers over the deceased jaguar, tail flicking back and forth and she pants silently and her ears tremble, listening to the rustling foliage above. She pauses before slowly drawing away on quiet paws and fixes her eyes on the scene before her. Even as a wolf, Alexandria's gaze is hard as she observes.

Her body contorts back to her natural form with the popping of joints and the melting away of fur. Blood stains over her hands and her maw. She tries to wipe it away and spit it from her mouth and shifts closer towards the gathering group, "If someone would allow Alicia to feed of them, I would appreciate it... She is injured and will need her strength. Do not let her draw of your flesh."

Alexandria rubs over her face as Ethlinn captures her arm. She furrows her brow, looking uncertainly about the jungle about them before shifting closer to Maeven's dragon and reclaiming her blade. "If we do not travel far or take too long," the monarch murmurs, directing an area they could head over to in order to hold there conversation. Still, she remains bristled.

Ethlinn moves with Alex, remaining close and yet with an uncertain, perhaps even perplexed look in her eyes. Gone was the flirtatious woman earlier, who pawed at and teased Alexandria. The moment they reached a private area, she stopped and let go of Alex's arm, rubbing her own nervously, though remaining close to the queen. "I'm not sure... If I'm suitable to rule my people. I'm not sure if I ever was."

The Queen, who was trying to remain so vigilant falters and lets her gaze slip to Ethlinn. "You doubt yourself, I think that just makes you sane. It's a large responsibility, leading anyone, with them all looking up to you... But tell me this, do you care about what becomes of your people?"

"Of course." Ethlinn says softly as she scratches the back of her head. Looking back up at Alex, the corners of her lips curl upward a little, partially out of reassurance, and partially because she liked the attention, even if it appeared to be pity. "I want to help my people survive. This world we live in is so harsh. My mother and my grandmother ruled this tribe, took care of it. I want to do the same. It's not easy... How do you make it so effortless? How do you not make mistakes? That cost lives, and the trust of your people? How do you do that?"

Alex looses a soft bark of laughter and shakes her head, placing her hands upon her own hips. "You really think it is so effortless for me? No, I have made my fair share of mistakes over the years. Made choices that were unavoidable... And I'm sure there are going to be more to come," she takes a deep breath, looking at Ethlinn, "One's before us now, even, though we delegated it to my Blades. Whatever they decide, it will still weigh upon my shoulders whatever the consequences of their decisions... But I'll remain strong and I'll keep myself composed, because I can't afford to be anything less."

"Why?" Ethlinn asks as she fidgets, seeming to struggle between her own culture and respecting Alex's culture in what is appropriate. "And how?

"Because people look to their leaders in times of trouble and despair, for reassurance, to know that things will be alright and that they are in good hands still," Alex starts, softening and running a hand back through her hair, "And it is hard, I hear your people are prone to passion?... I have my own matters to combat, afflicted as I am, and I was hardly raised to be royalty. But, I learned, with time... And I've managed to summon the strength... To not fear and to control myself... Because I think of those who depend on me. And those I care about. What can be at stake if I fail, and the dream my wife has managed to inspire in me as well for our people." She looses a slow breath and raises her head to look at Ethlinn, "Does that answer your question well?"

"I... Guess." Ethlinn says as she runs her hand through her hair, immitating Alex and not understanding what the gesture was for. "It makes sense... I'm just... Afraid." Biting her lip, she crosses her arms across her chest, taking a couple steps away from Alex. "Something you should know... When the drake attacked, monstrous and corrupt... It went after my mother. When I should have struck, I hesitated, I froze in place... I was scared... And..." She trails off, staring at a small mammal as it huddles across the dirt, dashing from one piece of brush to another. It leaps on a small snake, and starts tearing it apart. Ethlinn gags, then places a hand over her mouth. Speaking in a muffled manner, her tone ends in a quiet whimper. "I just ran... I don't... Want to do that, again, but I don't know... If I can really face it. Even with you, the legendary warrior, and your strong allies... I'm not sure..." She looks back through the trees, glancing at Alicia. "...I'm not sure I could live with myself if I ran again... I'm not sure if I..."

Alexandria draws up beside her and places a reassuring hand upon her shoulder, "I think you fear too much. You ought show this drake the very might of the Amazons. This is your jungle, your home... And I am certain there are none more suited to rule and defend it than yourself... Have faith in yourself, do not fear, and we will be right there beside you."

"I hope you are right." She whispers, uncertainty still in her voice, though she looks to Tasha. "... Though... You are right. My mother would have said the same thing." Grasping her spear tightly, she shirks Alexandria's hand away, then suddenly and violently impales the small mammal. "I will protect my people. I will do my best. And if my best is not good enough... Then I will at least display a standard worthy of a successor." She lifts the impaled, dead mammal up on the end of her spear. "...Although I think I don't need to be... Quite as... Dramatic."

Alex crosses her arms glad to see a bit of fire in the princess' belly at last. "Oh, there is a time for dramatics, I'm sure. You just have to time it right," she offers a wolfish grin, "Come Ethlinn, let us rejoin the others so we may learn what they have first decided we may hunt."

"Heh." Ethlinn grins back and pushes the small dead mammal off the end of her spear. "Yes, and when this is all over, I will throw a feast in the honour of the Queen's Blades, and give you a special reward." Licking her lips, she hesitates a moment, and then starts moving back towards the group. "...Well... If you want, such a thing, of course."

Alex follows behind Ethlinn, snorting, "You hardly need reward me... But it would hardly be polite of me to refuse such a gesture, assuming I could in good conscience accept."

Ethlinn smirks and purrs at Alex's response. "Perfect. Just... Don't get hurt."

Maeven Lucre // Amazons – The Greatest Hunt

Maeven raises her gun, about to pull the trigger as Fafnir bounds forward, but the shot was not clear, she might hit Alicia. She curses and wills Fafnir to come to a stop with a muttered command and the dragon goes skidding across the soft jungle floor with his momentum as he digs his claws in. She levels the Blunderbuster once more, exhaling and holding and ready to fire before the Queen lycan leaps out into her field of vision and tackles the jaguar down. Maeven drops the gun down, furrowing her brow before sighing. It was for the better, she would have likely hit Alicia. Then she would have a bullet wound atop whatever injuries she already had.

Maeven scans the area as the monkey peeks through her hair, eying with her and peeking at her face and grabbing at her nose and trying to grab her attention. She starts to giggle, seeing how there seemed to be no other threat about. She starts to reach up with her free hand to tickle at this tagalong as he grips at her finger and tries to swing down and pick at her packs, rummaging for something to eat. She sighs and begins to lean back before a high pitched squawk warbles through the air and the sound of wings flutters through the airs.

The mechanist woman jerks her head just in time to catch a parrot swooping down at her. She ducks down to avoid its talons. She cusses and shifts down, clutching at her gun as it flies off. "What was that about?..." she glares before glancing back at the group as Alexandria gives instructions that someone should donate blood to Alicia.

Maeven sighs, still shaken by the bird attack but slings Bloom. She flicks out her blade as she approaches Alicia and looks at her curiously, taking note of the shoulder injury. "That has to hurt... I'd be down for the count for awhile with something like that... But hey, I'm just a normal person." She looks at her hand and takes a deep breath, putting the blade to it before pressing in and drawing a line. She cups her hand and lets it pool like that before offering it out to Alicia, her own face a little white as she trembles, "Here, we're going to need you up and running at your best. I can handle... Handle a nick like this. I'm not a fighter like you, after all. I just sit back and shoot things, you know?" She laughs slightly.

Rayvon Krayvitch // Liveria – Heaven's Haven

For the briefest of moments, excitement ran through the aasimar to be so close to their destination. So close to the angelic sanctuary. To more of her kind. She eyes the place that the Orc Shaman had pointed out... Until a roar rips through the air and snaps her attention away. On the edge of her mind, it came rushing in like an approaching flame, searing hot while dark and twisted. She grimaces and jerks away, going to draw her sword and prepare for a fight before the ground shook and began to give beneath her feet.

There was little time to act as the rockslide began to take its course and stones began to crash down upon them. Rayvon kicks off with her feet in order to redirect herself away as she raises her arms protectively, buckler shielding her head. She could feel stones pinging and smacking up against it and was ever so thankful as she tries to force herself to fall in the forested area (West), most of her vision blocked except what lay ahead.

Her body crashes with a heavy thud and small rocks still cascaded down and smacked against her, pelting against her armour. She grunts and rolls away, all too aware of the way her sword jammed against her back from the way she fell and the bruise that was liable to be swelling up at that very moment. Small cuts and grazes were apparent over much of her that was not covered with armour, even her head that she had tried so hard to protect.

She moves to stand up and looses a gasp of pain as she tries to settle her weight upon her leg, easing up on it for a moment before sighing. She must have sprained it in the fall. She gnashes her teeth, trying to adjust her weight back onto it and force herself through it. It was nothing compared to other injuries she had suffered. She could shrug this off.

So, with a slight gait to her walk, Rayvon tries to collect herself and figure out what she needed to do. She fidgets before drawing her two-handed blade, keeping it at hand as she begins to search for the others, hoping that they had not died in the fall. "HELLO? Did anyone else make it? Call out to me and I will come to you!"

Abida Qisaf
-Free Holds-​

Abida was caught off guard by the woman's touch. The tail, that flash of desire; she had to be the succubus helping Deimos. And she wanted Abida to follow her to somewhere private. There wouldn't be a better chance to see if she was linked to Deimos's aura, or to try and end it. Yet at the same time, her fellow Blades would expect her to stay in the ball room. To sabotage and counter-sabotage the dance in Mikan's favour, to help them escape when Aeyr killed the warlord. Then there was that desire caused by a simple touch on her nose. Abida couldn't be sure she'd be able to overcome the succubus's powers, and if there was no one around to help her...

I've resisted desire my entire life, she thought, eyes flashing blue. Giving up personal freedoms and choice in return for the promise of order. Of clarity. And yet... her entire life. Her entire life spent making sacrifices, with nothing to show for it. She wanted order, to be able to understand, yet her she was. A slave tasked with killing an overlord, her actions and purpose an indistinguishable mess of potential consequences and tragedies.

What did it matter if Mikan and Mars won the dance or not? The dance was nothing more than an excuse to get into the palace. To get close to Deimos. Let them finish the dance, let Aeyr take care of Deimos. Abida could feel the urge to take up the woman's offer welling up inside of her. No, she scolded herself. Not for pleasure, for duty. Let herself be lead somewhere out of site, and then force the succubus to end the aura.

Rubbing a faint ache forming near her eyes, Abida nodded at the woman. "I would be most interested," she said to answer the woman. "I am here to serve, in all things."[/hr]

Liveria A Rockslide of Trouble
The northern route

She heard groaning and it took her a moment to realize the groaning was coming from herself, dazed she picked herself up, her body wincing with pain, what had just happened? The screaming she suddenly heard was annoying and made her head ache with pain but it helped clear her head. The ground had fallen beneath their feet she recalled now, a rockslide, faint memories of cave-ins back home came to her and give her a light shudder of dread.

Andrieke turned to the source of the screaming however, seeing the battered and bruised looking body of one of the other Queens Blades, holding her own wrist while calling out to someone. Surfacers, she thought to herself with a measure of disgust, can't they help themselves. Rolling her eyes she approached the knight.

Ceann opened her eyes, wincing as her body flared with pain, thought it seemed nothing had been broken or severely injured. Managing to stand up without aid was already considered a blessing to her, seeing as what had happened. She checked over her gear, thankfully her bow had survived the fall but some of her arrows had come loose and either were lost or seemed to have broken, o matter she had still some left.

And she figured she needed them as she readied her bow, recalling the loud roar that came before the avalanche that send them all tumbling, casting her gaze about she could not see any of the others but heard voices, or better put screaming from nearby and came to investigate while keeping a eye out for whatever caused the roar.

Coming to the knights side she knelt down and grabbed her by the shoulder, "Be silent." Surfacers why were they so eager to utter noise to attract unwanted attention, the foolishness they displayed at times unnerved her. She murmured softly, "Andrieke, you are Elrbetrt, be silent and let me see that wrist." Without waiting for approval or warning she reached out and took hold of the arm the knight had been holding, probing with her fingers. "Broken, careless. Lets see what I can do about that." Without further words she began softly chanting, channeling her magical energies to heal and mend the broken bones in the knights wrist.

She almost stopped to draw her whip when she noticed someone approaching but seeing as her snake did not react in any way she figured it had to be Ceann, she merely made a gesture behind her back that she was fine and continued her with her concentration on the broken wrist.

She looked briefly at what the priestess was doing but then ignored it further, looking around for anyone else, where was the angel? Or the orc shaman, or any of the other queens blades and their charge. She did not like this at all as she notched an arrow but nothing further.

Elrithos - Liveria, Western Route
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elrithos had been thinking about these new surroundings, these new lands. He couldn't help but have his sight wonder around to the lush flora and the intricate stone giants. It was so different from those plains of sand and the dunes. It was full of life and colorful, almost like a painting. The heat wasn't overbearing, but gentle and comfortable… The best part, for the Aavikkanian warrior, was the rain. It was that rare occasion he had to have it wash over him. It was a delight, to say the least.

They eventually came to an observation spot that would allow them to see the opening in the mountain. They were not too far, although it felt slightly too easy. A conclave of Holy Beings… With everything that was happening in the world, this should have been something closely guarded by the Dark Ones. He peered over the horizon and looked at the wonderful sight of the forest canopy. That, for someone who lived in the desert for over five hundred years, was something to behold.

Then, it happened; the roar that ripped across the air. Elrithos looked back up, his senses flooding him with a sense of danger. There was nothing to be done, it was too late. The cliff face slipped beneath their feet and the desert warrior scrambled to stay on his feet. There was nothing he could grab, no solid foot hold. He plummeted, doing his best to protect his face and eventually roll once he would hit the ground… With a solid hit against a tree trunk, he grunted.

There was an odd silence for a moment, as if letting reality slowly come back to his mind. Lifting his eyes up and coughing from the dust, he tried to look if he was missing anything. Nothing was missing, except for the others. With a quick check up on himself, there were no noticeable pains or injuries; just a few cuts on his arms and legs, bruises here and there. Using the tree to help himself back to his feet, he took the time to see if he could see anyone from their band, but it seems it wasn't like so. Elrithos rested his back onto the trunk, reaching for his waterskin to take some water.

It was then he heard one of the Holy Beings speak forth. Lady Krayvitch? Elrithos turned towards the sound, pushing himself off the tree. "Lady Krayvitch! I'm not too far… I see no one around me." He shouted, slowly making his way towards the voice of the Aasimar. Although he did suffer minor injuries, he could walk fine, but at a slower pace to not aggravate himself.

Rheinfeld - Zin & Kasim

Kasim was not exactly pleased about being ordered around, but he knew when it was time to shut up and get to work. Complaining about his situation would only delay things and possibly end up in Davian getting killed, and tempting though that was he knew it would probably mean bad things for the mission the Blades had been sent on. It would be bad for his heroic reputation to let an important person die and ruin his... well, not exactly a quest, but somewhere in the same neighborhood of a quest. Kasim let go of his nocked arrow and let it drop, stuck his arm through his bow and slung it over his shoulder, then headed for Davian with quick strides and a scowl.

Zin, on the other hand, was perfectly happy to take direction from others. She gave Draza a quick nod then got to business, trying not to pay any attention to the things happening in the barn. Seeing the angel had unnerved her greatly, and she'd been balanced just on the precipice of panic before the sprite had spoken up. Having something else to focus on, someone in danger and in need of aid, had brought her back from the edge. Kasim was already there when she got to Davian's side, and they moved to lift the armored man without need for any discussion.

They managed it without much trouble, laying Davian face-down over the horse's back in front of the saddle. Kasim helped Zin mount up by way of holding the horse still, then lapsed back into his usual lack of seriousness by shooting her a cocky grin. "Ride hard and don't worry about the way he'll flop around. His head is hard enough to stand some jostling." Quip delivered, he turned back to the barn and readied another arrow, hurrying to aim and fire with a rough estimation of where to shoot to correct for the wind, hoping to get the arrow in the air before the damned angel finished whatever it was doing.

Zin didn't outwardly acknowledge the joke, but she made a mental note to reprimand Kasim for it later. Or maybe not, since he'd probably just start flirting with her again if she did. She gave the horse sharp tap with her heels to get it in motion and turned to go back down the hill and away from the immediate danger. Though it was far from ideal circumstances, Zin took one hand off the reins and placed it on Davian's lower back near the wound, trying to concentrate on healing magic. The Templar's natural resistance to magic plus her frazzled thoughts and the distraction of the moving horse meant she probably wouldn't be able to do anything for him, but even the chance of a slight slowing of blood loss was worth the attempt.

Amazons - The Greatest Hunt

Naream stared at the skeleton no longer obeying his commands and was not feeling irritated, annoyed or otherwise angry about losing control of one of his undead, instead he was rather intrigued by it. He could sense the minor spirit residing inside the skeletal husk and was observing how it now acted and moved. It seemed imbuing it with a spirit instead of a soulshard or stone seemed to make the skeleton in question a bit more... alive, its movements were not as stiff as they were under his regular control. Belatedly he realized Unamo had spoken to him and he chuckled, "By all means, feel free. Though in the future please ask first. Very interesting." He murmured, mostly keeping his eyes on the spirit imbued skeleton, it probably would react faster but he wondered if the possibility was there now for it to 'rebel' against any commands of its controller.

Something to think and experiment with in the future, assuming they all came out of this alive, naturally.

They came upon a small scene of slaughter and it became clear one of the amazons that had been traveling away from the main group with their vampire had been taken. His words of a monster picking them off as the party splits up came back and he resisted the urge to smirk.

Instead he walked over to the corpses of the jaguars and studied them, some were reasonably in one piece, enough to turn into undead perhaps. "Unamo, could you perhaps assist me with something?" He gestured for the shaman to join him. "Perhaps I can animate these jaguars while you here can imbue them with their deceased spirits to help us track down the missing amazon or the drake, whatever our leaders may decide..." He trailed off already calculating how much power he might need to ivnest in this, he probably would need to stop his control of some, if not all, skeletons to make this work but it might be worth it.

Aëyr
Free Holds

So it was decided.

They had chosen to free the orc. For what purpose, she had no idea, but she could only trust that they knew best—what was best for the mission, not for a single selkie. In a way, she was grateful that the decision had been taken out of her hands. Emotion should have no sway in the decisions that cost the lives of thousands.

And yet, that did not mean she had given up all hope Eüchia. With her cage remaining in the room, there was a slim chance she might find a way to free her.

Slipping through the crowd, doing her best to not draw any undue attention, Aëyr made her way to the side of the room that bore Eüchia. However, she gave extra caution to ensuring her shoal-sister would not be able to see her, blocked by the crowd. She couldn't afford to be distracted, nor discovered. She finally took her position on the outskirts of the crowd, away from the dance floor. She was still quite some distance from Deimos, making a throw difficult, but by placing herself at the edge of the crowd, she hoped to give herself a clear line of sight to the man—and a clear footpath towards him.

After all, she had two poisoned daggers.

Alicia Le'roux-The Greatest Hunt
Feat. Brovo and Tempest

Alicia strained to move the Jaguar. To shift it in some way or to push it off her entirely or just kill the beast! She tried to move her fingers to around its throat, or to gouge its eyes, but even that was impossible. She had to invest all her strength into pushing its maw away from her throat, and even that was becoming increasingly difficult, as her shoulder wound flared little daggers of pain under the strain. She tried to grasp at the threads of her Vampiric power. Anything she could muster up would be good enough, surely. She had given up so much to this blood, after all.

All that she could feel was that familiar demand to flee; to hide, or just to accept her fate. Her shoulder nearly collapsed under the weight of the Jaguar and she felt it gnash its teeth mere centimetres away from her face. Was this where she died? She'd…failed? It hit her hard to know she was so useless. What had been brash overconfidence mere moments ago had turned into a sudden revelation. All that bragging and all that posturing had gotten Rashan in trouble and her staring a form of death in the face.

Where was the immortality now? Where was her self-assurance? She'd always just…assumed she'd live. She was an immortal vampire, after all: right? She couldn't see the sun anymore, and she was doomed to watch what she loved die, but that all meant she was going to live forever, or so she'd thought. Yet here was looming, growling death. Not only had she been too overconfident to see the stupidity in her little idea, but she'd dragged someone else into it. She'd convinced Rashan to follow up on her notion, and she had killed them both for it!

She felt her arm giving out. Soon enough she would fail and she would die. A part of her cursed Diana in her failing moments. If she were of Malakai's brood, would she have the strength to beat back this beast? Would she have the strength to have helped Rashan? Even if she had none of those things, at least Malakai's blood would have her do more than cower and try and make her a coward. The pain in her shoulder intensified. She knew what was coming from when she trained with sword or spear. The shoulder ached, then it screamed out for reprieve and then, it would hold no more. The panther was about to lash out and then…

…The beast was flung from atop her. A savage sound rang out above her and Alicia tried to follow the blurring shape of fur and fur that went over to the side. She watched with a growing sense of terrified awe as Alexandria managed to rip apart the panther like so much paper. She was amazed by the scope of her ability. That was real power. Was it her lycanthropy that made her powerful? Was it her experience? What made her so much stronger than Alicia? Hell, why did they even need the Queen's blades, when the queens in question were so very strong already?

While she expected some sort of chastisement from Alex, it was Ethlinn's arrival that caused the largest pit of terror to form in her gut. She didn't fear punishment, or the pain that might come with it. Part of her would prefer it, really. Physical displays of rage could be understood; dealt with even. It was the contempt she feared more. Ethlinn made a beeline for the Liverian and lifted Alicia up by the collar of her coat. She stared Ethlinn in the eyes, pitiful apology in her eyes as she held her tongue. She had nothing of worth to offer the princess, only pitiful excuses and pointless time-wasting. She didn't really register Umamo's interference as she was dropped to the ground like so much waste. She just saw the hurt and the anger in Ethlinn's voice. It stung far worse than any Panther's wound.

As Ethlinn and Alex settled into conversation, Alicia slowly rose from the ground, careful not to put too much pressure on her shoulder. The pain had dulled from earlier, but it was still a considerable wound. She heard Alex mention the need to feed her, and felt a sense of shame come from the request. It was the realisation that Alicia was going to burden someone else that troubled her.

Now arisen, Alicia looked down at the ground, seeing the familiar polish of the Silver rapier on the floor. She'd been forced to drop it in the battle with the panther because it had proven useless. A fitting representation of her, really: overly flashy, and full of prideful connotations, but ultimately useless in the long run. What would happen if Alicia had a different weapon? What would happen if Alicia had been of a different brood, or if she had fought a little harder, or if she'd thrown the silver rapier and kept the spear, or if…

She pushed the regrets down as she sheathed the silver rapier. It was her weapon, even if it was ultimately lack lustre. Slowly, she walked her way over to the tree, where Rashan had been…where Rashan's blood trail started. On the floor was something that was important: Rashan's spear. A few droplets of her blood were on the shaft of the weapon, and Alicia's eyes were drawn to them: not in hunger or anything so debase, but in sad frustration.

She overheard the amazonians talk, and each word pierced into her gut like a dagger. With Ethlinn moving over to speak with Alex, Alicia reached down and picked up the discarded spear, before making her way over to Tasha. She was intentionally slow, with the weapon held delicately in the grip of her currently stronger arm. "You were close with Rashan. I am…sorry." Trying to say the words was difficult, as if hands gripped her throat with every word, threatening to choke her with her own guilty grief. She raised the spear to Tasha, offering it. "This was hers. I am not worthy of it, so I offer it to you."

Tasha looks at the spear, her eyes narrowing as they look up to the vampire. "You think Rashan did not act of her own free will, then?" Pulling out her own spear, she brushes aside Alicia's spear, then examines her shoulder, seeing the puncture marks left behind by the jaguar's powerful maw. "You are injured, vampire…"

Alicia feels herself tense when the spear is brushed aside, but she doesn't back away. Part of her expected to be hit, but instead, Tasha observed her wound. "I do not mean that. I should not have even raised the idea. It was foolish and prideful and has…" She sighs, trying to bottle up the anger at herself somewhat. It would do nothing for now. "The wound is…not significant. Not enough to worry over."

"Any wound is, if we're going to bring Rashan back." The Amazonian says quietly as her eyes wander to the surrounding jungle. "We will retrieve her."

"I will do all I can in pursuit of that goal." She looks over at the two queens, wondering what conversation they were sharing. In truth, she worried about the choice they would make. Would they abandon Rashan in pursuit of the drake? It seemed possible…likely even. "I should not waste any more of your time. If you need anything of me, I will do my best to fulfil it."

Tasha shakes her head. "Unlikely." There was something more bother her, but unlike Rashan who seemed talkative to the outsiders, Tasha remained closed.

Alicia decided it best not to push anything upon Tasha. Before this whole ordeal, she might have pushed to know more, but she owed the woman some small semblance of privacy. After all, it was by Alicia's hand that a good friend of hers was injured, scarred and possibly dead.

Alicia seemed to drift back into a state of self-loathing fuelled solitude. She was slowly starting to recover some sense of normality as she settled more and more on the idea of the mission. Focus was distracting her from failure, and it made her move away from the dangerous thoughts of self-hatred that would do nothing productive. After this mission, she would have to consider her position very carefully. For now though, she had things to do; people who needed her to act, instead of cower: as her blighted bloodline would seemingly have her do.

It was during this time that Maeven approached her. At first, she was mildly afraid of what the woman might say: the two had made something of a comfortable rapport the last time they'd met. After this dismal display, Alicia expected scorn or disgust or contempt or, perhaps what she feared most, pity. "That has to hurt... I'd be down for the count for a while with something like that... But hey, I'm just a normal person."

Alicia looks at the green-haired woman and offers a dejected smile at the talk of the wound. Whether it was said just as a passing comment or whether it was said to try and make her feel better was something she didn't quite know, but either way: it was one of the kinder things that could have been said about the situation. When Maeven sliced her hand open and offered the blood, Alicia felt a strange pulse of energy. The sight and smell of the blood was energising by itself. In truth, she felt a very real urge to pounce, although she was able to control herself enough to remain civil. Thankfully, she had fed fairly recently.

"It seems I owe you another favour: Thank you for this kindness. I'm…not sure I deserve it, really."

Pausing, Alicia moved her hands to gently cup Maeven's, as if to steady a chalice, before she moved her head down lower to put her lips to the growing drink. At first, she sipped gently and carefully, but soon the hunger began to rise and her gentle sipping became a rapid gulping. The shallow pool of blood was quickly emptied and it was only when Alicia felt Maeven's palm against her skin that she finally remembered to stop, as much as her temptation was to the contrary.

She slowly rose up, before quickly turning away from Maeven with a fair degree of embarrassment. She reached into her pocket for anything she might use to wipe her face, eventually pulling out a rag to wipe away the mess from her face. "Thank you for that...Again." Already she felt the wound in her arm become a non-factor.

Maeven looks at the vampire with curiosity, the entire feeding process a strange experience for her. She shakes her head, trying to ignore the stinging bite at her hand as she fishes for cloth to pack the wound and bind it tight to stymie the flow. "It's nothing, Alicia. I'm sure I'll be thanking you soon enough for keeping whatever we go against off my ass. Believe it or not, a weapon that sounds like a thunder crack and hits like a bull isn't the best way to stay out of the limelight..." She frowns, struggling to bind her hand against her thigh with little success before trying another route by using her teeth. The mechanist was not a proficient medic at the best of times, leave alone without the use of one of her hands, it would seem.

Alicia turns to see the sight of the mechanist attempting to tie a bandage around her hand with her teeth, and she pauses. After a moment of just watching, Alicia cracks a small, genuine smile. The first one in quite a while, it seems. She walks back towards Maeven and takes the bandage from her, gently tying the bandage into a tight knot. "I promise to try my best for you. It is the least I can do. After all, it would be poor form for either of us to die before I give you whatever boon you care to ask of me: right?"

Maeven flushes in embarrassment at the help of the vampire but nods slowly, letting her hand rest at her side. "Ah, yeah! Bad form to run off to whatever lays beyond without paying your debts, Alicia. So, best isn't good enough, we're going to obliterate it." Maeven smirks and shakes her head, "Besides, what have we got to worry about? We have a legendary hero and a dragon with us, on top of being the hand-picked Blades of the Queens. Nothing in this jungle can stand a chance against us all." Maeven looks up at Alicia, "Just no more running off, I'd hate to see something serious happen to that pretty face of yours, got it?"

Alicia nods, her small smile remaining on her face. "Got it. I'll obliterate anything that tries to endanger us."

The Greatest Hunt - Essylt Boudica
Co-starring Limeypanda & Tempest

Given little choice but being alone in the wilderness, Esyllt joined Unamo in pursuit of their queen and the amazons. Chaos had entered the fray and Esyllt feared for their unity. First Alicia and Rashan left without contemplating the others, and even Alexandria, Maeven Ethlinn and Tasha bolted off so much as a word or command to follow. Certainly, the Queen's Blades looked like a ragtag of misfit adventurous, but Esyllt hadn't dared even thinking they acted like one...

"Naraem." She asked for his attention as she started walking. Hopefully, the necromancer and his skeletons would have their back.

On their way, Esyllt suddenly gasped. As if right in front of her, she could see Rashan being dragged away by a large cat through the telepathic communication with her skull-spider. "No." She muttered to herself. Simultaneous with her vision, the party re-united at the grove. She could only see the aftermath, but even for Esyllt it was enough to make out what had happened. Alicia was wounded, Alicia nowhere to be found, and the corpses of cats (one of them being loomed over by the wolf form of their queen) similar to those her golem tailed adorned the jungle-ground.

As the scene unfolded in front of her, so other events bore in front of Esyllt's little spy. The cat covered more ground than the spy could keep up with, but not far enough for the spider to lose it's tracks. More trees had been trashed about, resulting in a monster-made grove. As the spy crawled closer, it quickly became clear they were dealing with more than just a succubus and tainted drake alone... A large demon and the twisted drake could be seen from afar. The former carried a mace the size of a grown men, but seemed unfit to the environment courtesy of it's hooves. The latter appeared injured, and was being tended to by six walking skeletons armed to the teeth... Or rather what as left of them. A seventh skeleton stood apart from it's brethren; there was something uncanny to it. There were four of the large cats, including Rashan's kidnapper, laying idly by. Yet another succubus was present amidst the camp and lastly, in the bushes Esyllt's spy spotted two hidden hellhounds... Likely alert and on guard duty. Rashan had been dragged further off, but to check on her condition, the spy would have to move deeper into the camp...

"Alicia, please excuse my forwardness, but in what condition was Rashan when you last saw her?" She asked of the vampire, "There may be something we can do."

Alicia was a little taken aback by the woman's probing. Most people had rightly assumed from the bloodstain that Rashan was probably dead, but this one wanted more detail. She felt her mouth form a sharp line as she thought back onto the death.

"She was...heavily injured, but not outright dead. The beast used its tail to suffocate her. She had taken a very heavy blow of some sorts though. Painful enough to disarm her and force her to scream out in pain. I am sorry I cannot give more detail, but I was trying to deal with the panthers."

She didn't want to let the faint glimmer of hope that Esyllt offered get the best of her, but even in her sombre state, she was happy enough to help.

"Thank you, Alicia." Esyllt said, relieved to hear she hadn't seen a corpse being dragged away. It was possible they could still save her the Amazon... But for that, she would have to speak to the queen.

"Your majesty, I must speak with you," Esyllt piped up urgently. "My apologies, princess, but it cannot wait." She apologetically told Ethlinn, avoiding her eyes, in the hopes the Amazon princess would not be offended. Esyllt knew Ethlinn had it hard, but right now Rashan's life had priority. "I've located Rashan and the drake, but they are not alone. If you would, I would discuss our next move."

Alexandria raises her chin as she returns back from her conversation aside with Ethlinn, and already one of the Blades appeared to have made some sort of breakthrough on both cases that were presented before them. Alex takes a deep breath, "I would hope you have already discussed this with your fellow Blades and you have all reached some sort of decision while were were talking as time is against us, but please, do share, Esyllt. I am certain what you have to say is vital to ensure we are not walking into whatever we do blind."

"My apologies, your Majesty, I would come to you first with this information." Esyllt made a short bow. She hadn't yet. It was custom to provide information to the one highest in chain of command. Yet who was she to question their queen?

"Gather round, if you would." Esyllt asked of her fellow blades before she laid out what she'd seen, as well as Rashan's condition she had learned about from Alicia. "There still is hope for Rashan, but she will be difficult to reach and in danger once the fighting begins." She said, feeling Esyllt's had to swallow her heart that had made it up to thumping in her throat, "We cannot save her without giving away our advantage of ambush..."[/size]

Child looked to the dance floor. The way dancers moved was so alien to her, they were fleeting, without a worry in the world reflected in their steps. It was like something removed from this world whirling emotions that mortals tried to graps futily. She clenched her fists as she watched the different onlookers and bit her lip. Allright, there was one thing she knew how to handle, and it was violent people. The palming of the knife signaled a unmistakable intent to harm, and Child would have none of it. She moved smothly trough the masses, letting her eyes glance to the Drow Mistress and her entourage just so she could keep all factors under consideration. She stepped up next to man with the knife and smiled at him. Rolling her wrists and feeling the lead of her cestus, she waited. One false move, and she would knock him flat. At this distance, he would only be half way with his dagger before his face was caved in. And with a pair of cestus, she would be able to stagger even a orc if need be. But for someone intent on slugging a trouble maker, she made no show of her intent. Instead she blessed them with something so rare as a full sentence.

"The way they dance. So different from the dance of the Arena. Less bloody to. Let's keep it that way." She spoke without looking at him, her eyes scanning the audience for other spots of trouble. "The dance is a sacred thing, the gods may be gone. But their heritage should be left intact if possible." Her voice was unnervingly cold and flat. "Oh, IF I managed to saw you, then I bet half the guards did to. That is now way to palm a dagger. Sloppy"

Imperium - Anima Aeternum
After removing the Skuva's head from the rest of it Aslo stood up somewhat triumphantly, but still aware of the danger around him. The deployment of his smokebombs had backfired, and now veiled the remainder of their enemies. He tried looking through the cloud, but found the screen too dense and his targets to far off. Looking to Florence he raised an eyebrow "Yes, we'll welcome back to the mortal plain... Try to keep it together for awhile longer would you?" before he could consider much else a shot rang out beside them, and Aslo surveyed how the other group had fared.

An injured Gryff and a pinned Trom. Not exactly a confident stance for the group to have. With three of the beats left standing Aslo decided it would be best if he gave the group a hand. Spotting the nearest Skuva he began to close in looking quickly to Florence "Try to keep my head on my shoulders if this doesn't go as I hope if you would be so kind.". Though the creature was barely human anymore Aslo still thought he saw a look of slight panic on it's warped face. He decided to capitalize on what he considered fear, and attempted to throw him further off balance. As he got within striking distance he stabbed at the creature with his sword, hopefully committing enough that the beast believed it to be his real attack, but at the last moment he feigned out of the lunge and instead spun about drawing closer. As he spun he gripped his sword tightly in his right hand and his dagger in his left. His hope was to decapitate the Skuva with a single swing of his sword, but should his sword miss , he would strike at it's side with his dagger.

Putting his plan in action was a nerve racking exercise. A nagging voice asked him what he would do should he fail to subdue his target, and the only reply he could think of was struggle, defend himself as best he could, or die in the process.

Murderok puts out a hand to steady Nyla. "Thanks lass." He says with a sardonic grin as he fits another of the heavy bolts to the Manbreaker. Murderok grabbed Nyla gently until she looked and held a finger to his lips before signalling to her that they should move towards one of the pillars.

They did not want to remain in one place where the spider-bitch could simply attack them from memory. And so Murderok moved for one of the pillars as quietly as he could while holding the Manbreaker ready to fire if he saw the bitch again.

Gryff meanwhile grunted in pain as he got back onto all fours, though he winced when the dislocated leg touched the ground. "Little fuck." He grunted and took one smooth movement to bring his horse bow and sent an arrow singing towards the skuva.

"Tempting, but I'm no cub. Thrill means nothing if it takes your life." -Rashan, Page 1.

The sound of a firearm rings through the chamber as Gremlock's attack finds its mark, the lead pellet rips through the chest of the Skuva pinning Trom, causing it to howl in pain as Trom pushes against it. Before Gremlock could properly aim his second attack however he hears the distinct sound of whistling wind, turning just in time to see a long chain whip over his shoulder and then snap down his back and between his legs, wrapping itself around his right leg. With an audible, high pitched crack that echoes through the room, Gremlock's left shoulder and right knee become dislocated simultaneously. He's then pulled several feet towards the poisonous fog, giving him only a few more seconds to try and worm his way out before inhaling the fumes.

Florence scrambles, pulling out his Pilum and dashing towards the chain pulling Gremlock. Just a dozen feet away from the slowly dissipating fumes, he jams his Pilum into a crack in the floor through one of the links in the chain, twisting it and then stamping his foot down on the chain. The Pilum was already struggling not to break under the pressure despite Florence putting all of his weight onto it. He looks to Gremlock and motions to the chains. "Free yourself, quickly!" He looks up and back towards Aslo. "ASLO! Drag Gremlock back behind one of the tables and reset his limbs!" It seemed he was intentionally making noise to help cover the approach of Nyla and Murderok, who he quickly nods in approval towards.

Nyla moved only a couple feet ahead of Murderok, unflinching despite the previous call for help from Trom, though there was concern in her eyes and a slight trembling with her arm holding her shield as a large bruise began to form where she had blocked the blow of the chain. They reach the pillar Murderok had in mind only for a Skuva to drop from the ceiling. Nyla manages to block with her shield in time, though ends up dropping her Gladius. Before the Skuva can recover from the fall, she shoves it up against the pillar with her shield, off of its feet, a clear and easy kill for Murderok. She keeps her mouth shut however as she forces her shield over the Skuva's mouth, trying to muffle any sounds it might try to make.

Meanwhile, Trom manages to push the wounded Skuva in front of him up enough that Gryff's shot finishes it off, striking it with a satisfying thunk in the skull. The Skuva on the left starts moving for Trom as he pushes his shield out to stop it, reaching for his Gladius. Gryff could only watch as the creature rolled over his shield and slammed one of its hands into his torso with a violent, unsettling noise of ripping flesh and the snap of a rib. Trom twitches, then vomits out of shock onto its face. As it tries to wipe away the nauseating stench from its eyes, Trom punches it across the face, which only seems to elicit a growl from the creature as he spits a mixture of blood, spit, and bile at the creature with a bloody smile. "Choke on it you piece of--gurgle~" The Skuva sinks its teeth into his throat and rips out his wind pipe, a few more moments of twitching, and the life left Trom's eyes. At the very least, he bought Gryff enough time to reload and have a clear executioner's shot on the Skuva.

Aslo's attack caught the scared Skuva off guard as it stumbled backward, the feint was an easy success as both of his blades sing through the air and cut through the Skuva's flesh. While it doesn't quite cut its head off, the surge of blood running from its open neck was enough to cause it to fall on its side. Though it was still alive, it was in no position to fight, and would be dead within a couple minutes.

Rheinfeld - Scheideweg

Draza's orders were heeded well as the two Republican soldiers suddenly looked more resolute. The one with the crossbow takes careful aim, narrowing his eyes down the sights before firing and managing to interrupt the angel's spell with the bolt cutting off the angel's pinkie finger on his left hand. As the angel howls in pain, Eustice charges only to be knocked aside by the swordsman. "WAIT! I'm more useful to you alive!" Eustice screeches as he brings both arms over his head. The Republican soldiers shrug before they both start kicking and punching him repeatedly, bruising him and breaking one of his legs. The swordsman then turns to face the angel along with Moira, though as he takes a step towards the angel, he's hit with magic and blown clean through one of the barn's walls. The sickening crack that came from his back as he hit the wall was enough to tell Draza that he was very dead as he fell down the hill towards the camp.

The angel spits onto the dirt in the direction of his previous compatriot before looking to Moira and chuckling. "What trouble do you think you will pose to me, little Tem--" He's interrupted as Kasim takes the opportunity to interrupt him mid-speech with an arrow. The arrow strikes him in the shoulder, causing him to grunt and stumble back from the force of the blow. He growls and takes off into the sky through the damage roof of the barn, ripping the arrow out of his shoulder and throwing it away. "I WILL END YOU!" He howls at Kasim as he starts to prepare another spell, the wind around him quickening as the skies seem to slowly grow darker with clouds. It seemed like a great deal of magical power he was exerting, though Moira quickly shouts to the Queen's Guards as he moves to Eustice's side. "THE CLOUDS AREN'T HIS! THERE'S ANOTHER MAGE IN THE AREA!... I think!"

The remaining Republican Soldier picks his crossbow back up and moves to Draza as he reloads. "Uhh... Orders?" He says with uncertainty, his youth and inexperience clearly showing. He would likely be terrified if it weren't for Draza's aura.

As Zin rides down the hill with Davian, he seems conscious but unable to muster the strength to speak much beyond incoherent muttering. Her healing magic, as suspected, did nothing for the Templar. Down in the camp however she can see signs of violence, there were several men armed in neither Republican or Templar attire. Mercenaries. Expensive mercenaries. Very expensive mercenaries. It looked as though the medical area of the camp was still safe, though it might not be for long. There was also no sign of Taigyn or Alida Spiegal as Davian slowly managed to mutter something somewhat coherent. "... Keep... Safe..."

Liveria - Heaven's Haven

As Andrea mends Elrbetrt's wrist and the dust continues to permeate the air, several smaller boulders are moved with loud grunting as a green-brown figure stumbles out. Staring at his broken bow, the orc archer looks back up to Andrea and grins mischievously. "No shaman, now mine." Before he can take a step closer however, dust is blown up into his face by a feathered wing. Gabriel's golden blade tip was already at the orc's throat. "No, not yours. You want that, you get consent. You want consent? You ask." The orc opens his mouth only to feel the blade tip cut slightly into his skin. "Not now... When we're safe. Only when we are safe. Now what is your name?" The orc coughs as he takes a step back, Gabriel lowering his blade as a response. "Droka'tha." Gabriel nods. "Good. Better. Now, Droka'tha... Do you have another weapon?" The orc cracks his knuckles as he looks at Andrea and Ceann, it looked like he was trying to show off. "I am weapon."

Gabriel nods as he looks around the area, searching for someone else. Frowning when he realized that they were the only five there, he closes his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath as the dust continues to settle. He looks to the west with a small smile. "I feel it. Others survived. At the very least, Molkar and Rayvon survived." Gabriel then looks off into the thick forest. A second howl echoes from the dirt road towards the cliff, and in the far distance was a large creature, though far enough in distance that no details could be ascertained from it. "We should move. Into the forest. Immediately."

Meanwhile, in the west, the howl echoes through the valley. It had likely spotted prey. At least, that seemed to be Molkar's reaction as he temporarily took cover behind a boulder. It seemed his staff had survived the fall, despite having been directly crushed by a boulder. It spoke volumes of the artifact's resistance to damage. He moves towards Rayvon as he continues to look out in the direction the sound came from, gripping his staff tightly. He seemed a bit perplexed, maybe even intrigued. "Not a howl for us... That tells me others survived the fall. We can use that to our advantage, take the curved dirt path for a while to save travel time we'd be forced to make through the cover of the forest." He looks to Elrithos and scratches his chin. "Elf... You are a desert elf. Your ears and eyes are sharper. Keep listening for howls. Tells us when to duck and cover." He shudders, then looks out towards the direction of the sound again. "So bestial... Yet, so familiar..."

Several feet away, Princess Helénē stumbles out from behind a boulder. Cradling her right arm, it was horrendously mangled, the cloth shredded to reveal bruising and swelling all over, yet the Liverian kept to nothing more then the occasional whimper of pain, pride not allowing her to do more than that. The arm didn't look permanently damaged, but it would easily take months, possible years to heal naturally without magic. The orc shaman seemed impressed with the way she handled the pain as he reached to his waist and pulled out a small pack. Small for his stature, anyway, as it was the size of a backpack for Rayvon. Several smaller pockets kept herbs separate and distinct from one another, and Elrithos would recognize a few of them, though most notable two different kinds of aphrodesiacs, a poison that lights the innards of its victims on fire, and some healing herbs that dull pain. Molkar pulled out the healing herbs, and motioned to the princess. "It will help with pain, girl." She looks away from him, a cold look to her eyes as her shoulders went stiff upon noticing him at all. "I'm fine. Save your herbs for someone else if they get hurt. My magic doesn't need this arm to work." Molkar shakes his head and chuckles. "Have it your way." He puts the herbs away and looks to Rayvon and Elrithos. "The forest, or the dirt path?"

Free Holds - Devil's Children

As the dance begins, Mikan takes off her robe and tosses it out into the crowd. Grabbing Mars' hands, she dances close to him, face to face, leading the dance as the spotlight quietly hovers over her performance with Mars in tow. Deimos was already intrigued with a woman that took the lead: The others were meek and followed the man. Mikan shot a glance towards Fahim and winked as he nodded in approval, crossing his arms over his chest before he noticed Abida being led away towards the back rooms. Getting a good look at the woman leading Abida, he slowly tries to follow, only to spot Child out of the corner of his eye, stopping Durlon from moving out onto the dance floor. He hesitates, then starts moving to support Child, only to watch as Durlon drew his throwing knife. Child then, with one, unflinching motion, slams both of her metal gloved fists into each side of Durlon's skull. He falls backward onto the floor with a concave head and shattered skull. Child is then knocked to the ground by an older man as he aims a small pistol at Child's head. "That was my property, you halfwit effeminate boy!" Child would then see a guard pass through the crowd and look at the man. "You got a problem here?" The guard said with a voice that Child recognized to be Fahim's voice. "Yes! He destroyed some of my property!" The guard nods thoughtfully. "Ah. I see." Then, with a single motion, he slips out a throwing knife from his sleeve and cuts open the nobleman's throat. He falls back dead.

The crowd didn't flinch at all. In fact, from the looks of it, this event had repeated itself in a couple other areas of the room. It was surreal seeing so many cold of heart people, though the Renaltan nobles in the area seemed to grow quite pale at the sight. Fahim offers a hand to Child with a small smile, still in his guard outfit as he couldn't safely shapeshift back to the nobleman's form whilst still near a corpse and prying eyes. "Well done. Always remember though, there's never just one assassin." Somewhere in the room, there was a loud, feminine scream. "There's always at least a half a dozen." It was followed with a more masculine scream. "... Or more." Ouchi Maru walks over to the two of them and drops a pair of bodies, others nearby quickly step aside to avoid getting blood on their shoes. "How about none at all?" The guard nods appreciatively. "Thank you, Ouchi." The orc blinks, dumbfounded. "Um... Illusion magic?" The guard shrugs and sighs, then nods. "We'll go with that if it makes you feel better."

While the dance continued on, Abida was led out of the ball room into a servant's hall, then from there, into a smaller storage room. The succubi motioned Abida inside first, then followed immediately after, closing the door behind her. There was no lock on the door. Before the slave could turn to fight or ask questions, she was pinned to a wall by the succubi, who gleefully ran one of her fingers over Abida's lips. "Mm... I haven't had a good, strong woman in months... I think I will savour this..." Abida would see before her eyes as the guise slowly faded, leaving behind a woman with alarmingly attractive features, dark red skin, and a pair of eyes that were hard to look away from. She would also feel a tail, slowly wrapping itself around one of her thighs. Already, disturbing feelings were racing down her spine and she was finding it harder to think clearly, though for the moment, she retained control over herself. It wouldn't last long under this degree of pressure however, as the wonderful scent, the alluring figure, the warm touch, the sultry tone to the woman's voice--all of it together in combination with what might have been magic or simple biological impulses made it very clear that this was a potent woman... And not one to be trifled with lightly.

Meahwhile, back at the dance, Mikan was quickly soaring leagues and miles ahead of her competition. Leaning in close to Mars, she whispers from behind her mask into his ear. "The moment the dance ends, try to get close to the cage with Eüchia... If she really was Deimos' slave for a while, she may have invaluable information for us about the demon invasion, considering Deimos is in direct cahoots with a succubi." Her eyes wander around the room as a small frown reaches her lips. "Speaking of, where did she go..." Deimos stands slowly, raising both of his hands up as the dance ends. Pointing at Mikan, she giggles, and then runs a finger down Mars' neck. "Not bad, I'll have to teach you more later..."

Deimos takes a few steps down from his throne, leaving only a few feet between him and the crowds. Mikan in turn approaches him, though visible shudders as she grows closer. Deimos chuckles as he grabs her shoulders and looks her over. Now was Aëyr's chance to get close. Mikan takes her mask off and drops it, Fahim notices and looks to the Renaltan nobles, giving them a nod as they slowly start to mobilize in secret. The intricacy of the operation was almost impressive. Mikan drapes her arms around Deimos, seeming to be quite comfortable in his grasp, though not absorbed by him as she moves with him a little so his back would be facing Aëyr. "Impressive." Deimos mutters as Mikan giggles. "I've been with two people more intoxicating than you..." Deimos quirks an eyebrow, his shoulders going stiff. "And who would those people be?"

Amazons - The Greatest Hunt

Princess Ethlinn listens as Esyllt informs everyone of what she discovered. While she absorbs the information, Unamo glances at Naream and blinks in confusion. "Why... Would you want me to put the spirits of our enemies into their own corpses? They won't help us willing, and by dominating them, they lose their tracking ability and it takes more effort for me to do that." Tasha glares off into the jungle, waiting for someone to take the lead. It seemed that nobody would: Not Maeven, not Naream--Alicia didn't prove to be a solid choice for leadership. Taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, Princess Ethlinn eyes over the Queen's Blades and finally speaks, confidence filling her voice. "We're going to slip to the edge of the enemy camp. Two of Naream's skeletons will burst out at another angle, supported by an undead jaguar which Unamo will control. Once the enemy reacts to that, we'll flank them and cut the head off the snake." A look of confusion comes from Tasha, though understanding comes from Unamo. "... Er, we'll kill their leaders first." Tasha nods, now understanding.

Ethlinn thumbs the shaft of her spear carefully as she looks to Alexandria. "Once that is done, you will lead the metal dragon and Alicia, climb onto the monstrous drake, and rip through its back to any point in its spine. Once you've damaged it, it will be unable to move, and you can finish it off with ease." Tasha growls. "So you give away responsibility of the kill to outsiders? Some leader." Ethlinn glares back at Tasha. "My personal glory comes second to the safety of the tribe. There will be another day for me to complete my hunt of a drake to become Queen. Right now, I must ensure nobody else has to suffer the same fate as your mother... Or my own." Tasha opens her mouth, then simply remains silent, a look of shame passing over her face. "I... Understand."

Looking at the rest of the Queen's Blades, Ethlinn seems to hesitate, as she was still coming up with the rest of the plan. "The rest of you will support the three moving to kill the Drake. Ensure none of the subordinates can injure them. If they fall, then our odds of slaying the drake drop significantly... Now... Lets go." Without another word, Ethlinn begins moving into the jungle's underbrush, keeping low and careful. Unamo begins work on bringing back one of the jaguar, it wouldn't take her long. Tasha seems to hesitate a moment longer, looking gingerly at the Queen's Blades before quickly following the princess.

Last edited:
Murd takes stock of the situation quickly as he spots Gremlock being grabbed mentally calculating the direction of the spider-bitch and hoping to capitalise and hit. But before he could do that he had to help Nyla. He moved up on the Skuva she had pinned and smashed his fist into the Skuva's forehead with full force. The Skuva, while tough, were not really made to take the equivalent of a biological battering ram that was an angry Minotaurs fist. The Skuva's brain was compressed beyond it's ability and its eyes popped out of its skull as its brains shot from its nose and mouth leaving it quite dead. "A thinking mans boogers." Murd chuckled quietly at Nyla before levelling the Manbreaker in the direction he felt that the spidertaur was in squeezing the manbreakers release sending another small ballista bolt tipped with a half-moon blade her way.

Gryff meanwhile recovered from his stumble and notched an arrow planting it in the pinned Skuva's eye socket before shouldering his horse-bow and moving to recover his Greatsword. Noting the pain from his dislocated leg. No enemies nearby Gryff grunted it was time to settle his dislocated leg. Moving up to a pillar he considered the angels and kicked his leg in such a way that it'd impact the column fix his dislocated limb. He'd have preferred to help Grem but if he didn't fix his leg he'd be no good to people sooner than later.

Imperium-Doctor Gremlock​

BOOM! Another Skuva was down, but suddenly he felt a chain wrapping around him. Before he could even react, the chain constricted and he felt a sharp spike of pain, such as he had never experienced before in his life. A scream escaped his lips while he was dragged to the poisonous mist. He likely would have freaked out to his doom, if it weren't for Florence stopping the chains in their tracks and shouting orders to him. The orders made Gremlock attempt to get the chains off, but when he used his left arm and right leg, a twing of pain surged through.

Strange, despite being a doctor, Gremlock really didn't know a lot about medicine. All he really knew was that healing potions concocted a certain way worked.

Calming down for a couple of seconds, he realized that he'd need to focus and use his full strength to get out of this mess. He used his right arm and left leg, which were unharmed, in sync using his full strength to get the chains off. If that didn't work, then his last ditch effort would be to down one of his healing salves. His LAST last ditch effort, should escape prove impossible, would be to use his last breaths to chuck his fireball potions at the queen's last known location.

He really hoped that last one didn't come into play.

Aëyr
Free Holds, Devil's Children

As the dance drew near its end, Aëyr surreptitiously crossed her arms in front of her chest and slipped her hands underneath the loose sleeves, gripping the twin poisoned throwing knives. As Mikan met up with Deimos, it was time for her to make her move, and so she stealthily edged around the crowd to get a little closer.

With Deimos's back in sight and a clear line of fire, but still a moderate distance away, she calmed her breathing and concentrated on his location. Sliding the knives out, she quickly took a moment to aim, and threw, one knife flying towards Deimos.

As soon as the knife had left her hand, she ran towards him, ready to throw the second knife in case the first was unsuccessful. By getting closer, she might have a better chance at accuracy, but risked falling prey to his aura—that was why she had decided to throw one at a moderate distance, maybe ten meters away; and one close-up, as close as she could get.

Abida Qisaf
-Free Holds-

The curve, the swell, the rising breath.

Everything about the succubus was an intoxicating trap. The brief tap of pleasure back in the ball room was as comparable as a sparrow to a hawk. The ache behind her eyes that had been plaguing her for weeks faded away, shoved back and away into the wall behind her. Behind it began to follow her thoughts; duty, loyalty, morality. All of it drifting from heated flesh to cold stone.

No. This what not what she was here for. This was not who she was. Abida gathered what remained of conscious thought and held it tight, bound it together and tempered it against the betrayal of her physical senses. She had let herself be led away so that she could attempt to find a way past Deimos's strange aura; not to fall prey to more of the same. Yet as the succubus's tail wrapped around her thigh, thoughts began to fade once more. If this was death, then it was murder by bliss.

"I-" Abida tilted her head back, exposing a sliver of neck above her scarf. "I want to-" With a jerk, she headbutted the succubus, hoping to knock her out if she was lucky. More likely, she hoped to at least disorient her enough to shove her away and get a sword between the two of them.

Rayvon Krayvitch // Liveria – Heaven's Haven

The aasimar shuffles her weight upon her sprained ankle, surveying over the group she was left with. She takes a deep breath, this was going to be a great deal of work. Gabriel so far away, she could just barely feel the light singing of his presence alongside the prickle that was the demon, though which direction, she could hardly be sure. To know the angel was alive was comforting, at least.

Still, she looks at the path and nods at it, "If the princess is so insistent her arm is fine, then let us not dally. I would have us take the path." Rayvon's eyes settle upon the forest without trust, a faint chill running down her spine, the stories of these valleys running through her mind. It had proven that the tales of Arian's lake had been true. Just what could be said about this valley. "I would rather we not risk getting lost in this place. Let us take the trail and make haste. The sooner we can unite with the others, the better."

Queen Alexandria Nebacaesar // Amazons – The Greatest Hunt

Alexandria sets her jaw as all of her Blades had failed to come to a decision but accepts their reports none-the-less. The fact they were going in against such superior numbers was perhaps only reassuring as, at least, their own ranks were bolstered by the undead. Perhaps Esyllt could even summon a golem or two before they made it into the fray, she was supposed to be talented in such. The Queen adjusts her armour, making sure it is secure before following in the wake of Ethlinn.

Maeven Lucre // Amazons – The Greatest Hunt

Maeven listens to Esyllt, chewing upon her nail in thought. Part of her was fairly sure it was the drake that was the thing with poisonous blood earlier. She eyes Bloom uncertainly before checking the barrel and soulgem of it fitfully. She considers swapping it out, maybe something with stronger hit, or maybe so she could fire faster. Yet the idea of drawing more attention to herself with so many foes sends chills down her spine. There were so many there according to the other Blade. Though, one in particular did interest her. Her hand runs to her pocket, grasping the last empty soulgem she possessed and palming it.

She takes a deep breath, considering how she would handle this. Her eyes fall to Naream for a moment, but despite their dalliance, she was unsure what to consider of him. He had hardly said a word to her this entire time and seemed very much to be self-involved, what was to say he would not serve his own interests... After all, his own craft required gems such as these. She purses her lips before glancing over to Unamo. The woman had a way with spirits, and the other amazons had already started ahead as she completes her ritual with the jaguar. Steeling herself, Maeven decides and approaches the shaman, trying to garner her attention in a hushed tone, "Unamo, might I ask a favor of you?"

Unamo was distracted for a few moments, a look of astonishment was still plain in her eyes as she finally looks away from the princess, and towards Maeven. Clearing her throat and rolling her shoulders in preparation for what was to come, she nods. "Simply ask."

Maeven rolls the empty crystal in her hand before holding it out, "When we kill the succubus, will you capture its soul in this gem?"

"Why?" Unamo asks curiously. Where others might question the morals of the action, she instead held a merely inquisitive tone.

Maeven fidgets for a moment before looking back at Fafnir, "I can't do my craft without housed souls. And... I can't rightly bring myself to do this anymore... Not right now, at least..." She rubs along her jaw before looking out after the others, "Not just that, but you figure that if we just kill it, what happens? I imagine it just pops back in hell with all it has learned, right? Where else would it go? But this way. One less problem. Right?" She looks back to Unamo and flashes a wicked grin, it made sense to her, hopefully it made sense to the shaman.

Unamo blinks with slight confusion, but otherwise simply nods again. "Right... I can do that for you, then, though it is not an easy task." She narrows her eyes looking at Maeven. "They're crafty and powerful souls that will make every attempt to escape. Be wary."

She looks over at Fafnir, thumb brushing along her control ring, "Thank you for the warning, Unamo. I'll keep it in mind."

Unamo grabs Maeven's wrist and examines the control ring, a baffled expression scrawls itself across her face. "Interesting... Mechanist." Her eyes seem to light up momentarily with curiosity, though, only momentarily. "A succubi is not like some random spirit. I am gravely serious when I say that... Be. Careful."

Maeven jerks away, feeling a little on edge by Unamo's invasive behaviour before forcing herself to relax. "You're right. I'll take exceeding care in its handling...But again, thank you." She winks and draws away from the shaman, with a small wave "I definitely owe you one."

She goes back over to Fafnir's side and pats his neck. "Alright, you're gonna go with the Queensie. But first," she grabs on tight to one of the spines of his neck, "Give me a boost up into the trees. I'm following that way. I want a good vantage to shoot from without being completely noticeable."

With that, Maeven goes through the tree canopy whilst the mechanical dragon follows after Alexandria.

Elrithos - Liveria, Western Route
--------------------------------------------------------------

The shaman had been able to survive the fall, a great deal of relief washing over the desert elf. Although they were a small select few of the group, it was already much better than being left alone in these forest which he knew nothing about. There was very little he needed to say as he too sprung around to face the noise of the howl… What kind of creature was capable of such a thing? Howls capable of taking off a cliff face? It was the first time he had heard of such a thing. Was it typical of these forests? By the reactions of the Orc present with them, it seemed unlikely.

He exchanged a glance with the shaman who called him by his race. Not surprised, he hadn't even really presented himself to him. His request was a simple one, something he would have suggested anyway if they were to take the path. Elrithos answered with a simple nod and a few words. "I will do so." Then the princess came out of wherever she had landed and Elrithos was a little shocked by the sight of her injury. Not a fatal wound, but one that would certainly not help on this task. The Orc shaman was considerate enough to offer something to kill the pain, but refused. Why would she doo such a thing? Elrithos turned to Lady Krayvitch who exposed her opinion. He couldn't agree more.

"The dirt road would be our fastest route back with the others or towards our goal. There is no point in getting lost if we can just follow along the trail…" Elrithos then faced Princess Hélène. "Your majesty, I would suggest taking the herbs. You may be fine for now, but forcing yourself to push forward with such an injury will drive you mad and probably worsen your case. It is better we help those we can now, such as yourself, and take care of others after we have dealt with whatever threat we encounter."

Status
Not open for further replies.