Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diplomatic Union - Kria and Amanda

Kria watched the proceedings of the Diplomatic Union with great interest. These people, their nations, and their troubles were all new to him. He had come from a life where survival was the only problem worth worrying about, and in such a world there was no need to make petitions or hope for the help of others. You had only your own strength to rely on, any help from others came based only on the harsh reality that there was safety in numbers, and any sign of weakness was liable to see you dead. Watching leaders of thousands of people come forth to beg aid from a small group of fighters was as novel as it was disturbing.

Among them all, Kria caught sight of Amanda, leader of the Mage's Guild. He had long desired to have a chat with her, but there had been some trouble between her and Queen Kouri that he didn't quite grasp and he hadn't seen her about the castle in some time. Whatever the problem was, it had nothing to do with Kria and his reason for speaking to the woman, so he made his way to her through the somewhat crowded room, noting a few odd looks cast in his direction. He supposed he did look out of place wearing a simple brown robe with his hated ethereal chains floating through it in many places, but he didn't let it bother him.

Kria stopped a couple feet away from Amanda and bowed toward her, one hand resting on the dagger hanging from his hip as was the custom among his native people to show respect for the other person's strength. "Archmage, I would have words with you. I am known as Kria. Perhaps you have heard of me and my.. interesting history."

The Archmage turns as Kria approaches, before he could even speak a word, somehow, she knew he was there. Unlike perhaps many others in the room who had no talent in magic, Kria could discern a great deal of magical power from Amanda. So much, in fact, that it perhaps outweighed his potential power even without any of the chains binding him. It's very possible she could dispel the remaining chains by herself if she mustered the effort to do so. "Ah, yes. I remember you." Her tone was cryptic, but gentle, as though she saw a broken bird before herself.

The feeling of sheer magical power sent a chill down Kria's spine. He hoped to see the day when the might pit their full strengths against one another, just to know who was in fact stronger; at the moment however, she could almost certainly crush him like a bug without a thought. He smiled faintly, just enough to show his pointed teeth. "Remember, yes. I have heard you share a stranger relationship with time than even I possess. Perhaps you alone among the ignorant masses know the truth of the place I came from. I would see that shared understanding grow into a mutually beneficial relationship. We would both keep this world from walking that path into destruction, but I am.. hobbled." The word came out half a snarl, a mix of anger and frustration clearly evident in the tone. "The need sickens me, but I request your assistance. These chains bind me, weaken me, and I would see them torn asunder, but I am not fool enough to expect something for nothing. Perhaps a bargain can be struck, my chains in exchange for my service." Kria left it at that, unable to force any more deference or servility into his speech.

There was but a momentary pause as Amanda chuckled and shook her head. "You would never serve someone like me, and I would never ask for servitude." One of her hands gently touches the chains, and they respond to her touch in a physical manner, as though they were corporeal. "I could indeed break these chains, but, that would weaken me. At least, for a short time... Such a time I cannot afford right now. My enemies would leap upon me like a pack of hungry wolves." She taps her lips with one of her fingers in thought, then manages a smile. "Tell you what... For every powerful artifact or demonic agent you acquire or capture as the case may be, I'll instruct a group of my better trained mages to break one of your chains. Prove your loyalty to the Queen's Blades, I'll repay you in kind."

Kria watched as she touched the chain, interested but not entirely surprised that she was able to touch the intangible object. "I see." Relief was obvious in his simple statement, as well as a significant measure of gratitude. "The idea of letting one of these agents live is unpleasant, but not so unpleasant as these chains. I will do what must be done." He was on the verge of bowing and leaving it at that, but he couldn't let one question go unasked. "I have heard you had some manner of falling out with Queen Kouri, yet you still support her Blades. Do you hold no anger, or does necessity overcome it?"

Amanda's eyes shoot towards the Queen of Renalta when asked, and all the previous amusement faded in an instant to a serious look. There was, perhaps, even a little pity in her eyes. "Anger is irrelevant to time. In some timelines, we live. In others, we die. Whether the Queen will lead us to success or not, however, is yet still a mystery."

"Wise words. I have seen the timeline of death, and I would help this world avoid it. Do not hesitate to call upon me if my skills might help see that done." Kria gave Amanda another bow, this one deeper than the first, hand on dagger just as before.

Amanda notes the dagger out of the corner of her eye, but does nothing about it. Instead, she simply nods, and motions for Kria to continue about his way, mingling with the others. It seemed she was keeping her eyes open for something.

Kria did just that, leaving with a savage grin on his face that revealed his pointed teeth to any who cared to look. He had a firm path to unlocking his full power now laid out in front of him, and the means to pursue it would undoubtedly come to light when the leaders of the nations presented their requests. Soon enough he would be back to blasting demons to cinders with the wrath of the heavens, calling godlike fury down into the mortal realm to echo his own fury. Kria was happy and looking forward to the future, a rare and novel feeling for him, but there was no time to simply revel in it. He set forth into the crowds, hunting for another interesting target to converse with.

While speaking with the general had been very enlightening, and the member of the Choir as well, Katinka found her attention being pulled towards a man slightly taller than herself walking away from a woman she recognized even at her current distance. Whatever he had just been saying to the last warlord of the Free Holds was worth hearing. Approaching the woman herself was a bit beyond the elf at the moment, so the slaver would have to do.

Picking up her skirts she made her way over to him, trying to get into his path and attention. "Abjaar." Katinka didn't spare him any formalities at this time. She had heard too much about him and his family to afford him that, not yet.

Moving away from Tina, Abjaar had a certain energy to his step. A certain sort of charisma that came from a hard-earned victory. Truth be told, there was a good chance he wouldn't live to see the fruits of his labour harvested; but that hardly changed the simple fact that he had achieved something with Tina. If nothing else, the woman might respect him a little more now than before she had entered Renalta. Now that he was alive though, there was much to think about. Much to do. Who would be the ideal candidates, and who would he actually want as candidates? Did he seek allies, or pawns? Politics were annoying.

It wasn't until a strange creature approached him that Abjaar was roused from his thoughts. The creature was an elf of some kind, for it had the dagger-like ears so typical of the race, but other than that he could not place the woman. Had he ever met this stranger? More importantly, did he owe her money? She certainly seemed to know his name. "That would be me. You are…?" He paused, leaving her anonymity hanging in the air as he moved the pewter cup of wine through the air and let it settle between the two. If Tinka were looking particularly eagle eyed, she might spot the dents on the bottom..

"Katinka Nivi. A new member of the Queen's Blades." She looked up and down man then smirked as she saw the state of goblet. With a subtle shake of her head she sighed then matched his gaze. "I was wondering if you'd be willing to share what the warlord said to you. I have a vested interest in the fate of the Free Holds at any scale." The awkwardness and near inability to speak she had suffered from earlier was gone now that she was confronting someone she knew of from a previous era of her life. She wasn't intimidated by him.

Abjaar paused as he looked over Katinka, part way confused and part way interested in the strange elf-woman who apparently had such interest in the fate of the Free Holds. She would not serve for his immediate plans, what with her status as a new member of the Blades, but he relished the idea of networking with a potential ally. At this point, anyone who wasn't planning to stab him in the back was worth engaging with. "Warlord Tina and I were discussing our mutual benefit in seeing the Free Holds survive. I pledged to help her cause in return for favours at a later date." Truth be told, he was encouraged to see her just matching his gaze. Most people avoided it, out of either intimidation or loathing. Seven hells, she didn't seem comfortable around him, but she hardly looked like she planned to stab him in the throat. "and what stake do you have in the Free Holds? You hardly strike me as one of my country's locals. Far too pale." He sipped at the wine in the pewter cup, his eyes never leaving her gaze.

Well if this snake wanted a staring contest, Katinka would give him one. She took the cup from him and took a sip from it before speaking, "I was held there in slavery for a decade. I give a damn in seeing if there's a possibility of change, Abjaar." Offering the cup back she waited to see his reaction.

Abjaar was silent as Katinka snatched the cup from his hand. The idea of snapping her wrist for snatching his drink flashed into his mind. It was naught to do with her status, or her previous station either. He just resented people snatching things from him. Still, he was in a good enough mood, and he didn't think it would go down if he broke another member of the Queen's Blade's wrists. The reasoning she gave for her interest in the Free Holds was, actually, quite intriguing. "I'll be honest; I was not expecting that answer." He took back the offered cup, although he didn't bring the drink to his lips. Gods know what she could have done to that drink. "Most of the Ex-slaves who work in the Blades would rather see the Free Holds burn than see it reformed. As odd as it is, I am probably one of the few who share your desire for change." The Ex-Slaver looked around the Diplomatic Union, catching the eyes of a few guests who he had yet to see, and yet he desired to discuss plans with. As always, he had the grandest of schemes in mind. "As much as I am already the monster in your mind, know that I am an honest monster. If you ever need help, I would give it to you. One Blade to another."

Katinka smirked as Abjaar watched her hand then began to speak. He hadn't reacted like she thought she would, and it was a pleasant surprise. "The Free Holds are too close to my people for me to blatantly ignore what happens with them. There are aspects to my culture which I won't begin to explain to you for reasons I'm sure you understand, but their nature makes them vulnerable to these changes. I know I could protect them, even if they believe I am long dead." She paused to consider what Abjaar said last then gave him a proper smile and a shallow curtsey. "Thank you, Abjaar. You're are too kind. Just know that I will support the cause for the Free Holds just to keep my people and my old… friends safe. Thank you for your offer, but I hope you can understand that I hope never to have to call on it."

Abjaar offers a slight, albeit dismissive, nod to Katinka. He didn't have much more to add to the conversation with the mystery woman. "If you'll excuse me. I have many people still to see. Unless there was something else you wished to talk about?"

"Not at this time, no. Thank you again, Abjaar." She nodded back then began to move across the room to find someone else to bother with her questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diplomatic Union - Kasim and Gabriel

After having been present to watch the execution of James the Illusionist, Kasim had some thoughts about the necessity of cruelty in a ruler. There would always come a time when it was necessary to put aside idealism and pleasantries to do what must be done for the safety of your people. Given that fact, he decided that it made those pleasant and idealistic portions of rule all the more important; the blood and corpses of necessity weighed much more than the fluff and sunshine of the good times, so a good ruler had to stack as much on that side of the scales as possible to keep from sliding down the path of barbarism. It was a terrible metaphor that needed a lot of work, but after the participants of the Diplomatic Union assembled he figured his time would be better served by putting the theory into practice rather than perfecting the artistry of the phrasing.

When Kasim thought for a moment about who he could help, or at the very least one who he could stop being cruel to, one name came to mind immediately. Finding the man wasn't hard, and he approached with his hands conspicuously bare of offending jewelry. "Gabriel, could I have a moment of your time?"

The angel turns, and strangely, he was wearing the clothing of Liverian nobility, rather than angelic robes. Nonetheless, his eyes narrowed as he saw who it was, then filled with confusion when his eyes scanned over Kasim's hands and found nothing. "What is it that you wish to boast about this time, Kasim? Was it five orcs, or fifty that you slew in your tall tales?"

"One, before our little trip into Liveria. I think the count may be up around five now, I was too busy looking after the princess to keep track of it." Kasim waved his right hand as if to brush the topic away, reaching into his pocket with the other. "I deserve the mockery, but I came to you for something more worthy of your time and my own. It took me a while, but I've come to realize that there are things more important than boasting and bravado. I put my own ego before, well, pretty much everything, and I ignored the effect it had on others. I'd like to try to make things right. Please, take this and treat it with the respect I was too immature to give it, or tell me what should be done and I will see to it myself." His left hand came out of his pocket bearing the angel ring he'd pilfered from the corpse in Rheinfeld, sitting there on his open palm for Gabriel to take it if he so desired.

Gabriel paused, seeming initially distrustful of Kasim's open hand. Yet, he reached out and grasped the ring in his hand, examining it with a glance. With a look of satisfaction, Gabriel pockets the ring and nods. "I'll deliver it to the proper hands. Thank you, Kasim." The angel's initially irritable look softened, and perhaps a little shame could be seen in his otherwise pristine eyes.

Kasim nodded and gave the angel a little grin. "No need for that look, I'm still an ass and I've got a long way to go. I deserve more than a little snark, so don't feel too bad about it." With the ring business out of the way, the change of attire finally registered in Kasim's mind. "What's with the clothes though? Don't you usually have, y'know, angel clothing?"

Gabriel pauses, then looks down at himself. He nods, and his expression doesn't change at all. "If I were still part of the enclave. I am no longer, though."

"Oh." Kasim considered leaving it alone, but given the fact that it might be important to Liveria and to the Queen's Blades it seemed like something that merited a bit of investigation. "I'm probably being a nosy ass, but is there some reason for your removal from the enclave? I've heard that they're not going to provide us with Angel's Blood any more, and given the already high rate of death in the Queen's Blades this is rather unhappy news. I can't help but think that the two oddities, the revoked aid and your change of status, must be related in some way."

Gabriel frowns, then glances toward the Archangel. It seemed he was confused somewhat by the action, as though he hadn't heard yet. "No direct correlation, truly. If I had to wager a guess, it's because she's conserving resources. As for why I departed the conclave..." He glances back to Kasim, his eyes narrowing with distrust. "My reasons are my own. I appreciate the returning of this personal item, and I'll ensure it returns to its proper owners among the other angels, but the only person I might have trusted with this has since departed. I need more time to think before I'll trust another mortal again, even a Queen's Blade who is intent on redemption."

"Very well." Kasim nodded, keeping a friendly smile on his face. "If it has nothing to do with the supply of Angel's Blood, then I shall keep my nose out of your personal business. I know I've done little to earn your trust, and we are not anything like friends, but if you ever have need of assistance from a flawed mortal like myself you need only ask. You've put your life on the line for the Queen's Blades more than once, and without your stalwart presence in Liveria we surely would have all died in that final chamber. I doubt I'll ever truly return the favor, but I'll do whatever I can nonetheless." He nodded to the angel again, this one a deeper, more respectful gesture rather than a simple acknowledgement. It took only a moment for a roguish grin, a gesture more accustomed to Kasim's face, to replace the formality. "Try to not die until I get a chance, eh?"

"We will see." Gabriel replies simply, almost coldly, as he returns back to his pondering and examining the area.

Disheartening though the response was, Kasim left it alone. Gabriel would come around in time or he would not, and being pushy would only assure the latter. He just nodded once more and walked away, off to find a certain necromancer to talk to about an odd stone he'd found in Liveria.

Dean and Xixis
The path ahead of him was set in clearly colored lines. He knew who to turn to and the likely result. With Kouri more or less supporting him he could start to put together a list, and who btter to begin with than the leader of downtrodden peoples everywhere. Approaching the diminuitive leader Dean put on his most casual look. "Xixis, good to see the liberation of opressed people left enough time to pay us a visit."

Xixis finishes his discussion with Praxis and sends him off. "Go, mingle, learn the people you'll be working with and for the benefit of." He turns back to Dean. "After the last success by the Blades within the Goblin Holds we are more secure than ever, and in fact in a better position to resume our liberations." He said plainly. "How can I help you Dean?"

Dean nods to Praxis, admiring the somewhat striking resemblance the two shared. "Aye, you should do well with the Blades Praxis, though I'd avoid Murderok if I were you, there's a chance he may not see you before it's too late." he chuckled to himself, though slightly concerned he might have spoken a bit too much of the truth. His eyes then fell upon Xixis. He waited until Praxis was well away "I'm glad to hear the Blades were a boon to you and your people then. As for how you can help me, my purpose should become clear with but one word. Davian."
Xixis cocked his head with a mild gesture of amusement. "Dean, you should know that I don't play political games, hinting at things is so easily mistaken so I choose not to indulge them, what aid would you ask of me in regards to Davian?" Xixis said bluntly.

"You know well enough that I don't play them either. So it should mean that much more that I'm involving myself here." he said crossing his arms. "The man's not fit, and I seek to prove it. No politics, and no hints. As plain a coup as any you've ever seen."

Xixis nodded. "A bold move, one that could be your last, and the last of many others, if it fails. As such it should be obvious that it is of significant risk for me to even suggest I would commit support such a move with a fledgeling nation." Xixis admitted plainly.

"As such, I would need to know that other powerful figures support you in this, and some material support in return." Xixis said yet more plainly. "As such, should I agree to this, I would require your support in moving to sink that slavemonger Tina's concept of a Federated Free Holds. And support for Goblin Hold annexation of the Free Holds should your move be successful." Xixis bargained.

Dean chuckled again, leaving a wide smile on his face. "I swing a hammer known to break bones with a glancing blow. Needless to say I work primarily in bold moves, and I know what it takes to pull off a successful one." He uncrossed his arms, and shrugged "I would hardly come to you without having been cleared by Kouri to do so, that makes one powerful figure backing this. I have no love of Tina or the Freeholds so long as you don't suggest bloody slaughter, I will most likely be able to garner some support for removing Tina from power from the Imperium. Of course they'll want to annex the Freeholds themselves, but the specifics of that can be worked out later."
"I have no intent for a bloody slaughter, at least amongst the regular populace, amongst the slave owners, it's hard to grant people their freedom without allowing them to claim the justice so long denied them." Xixis admitted. "As for the Imperium. I'm sure they and I could negotiate a 'settlement' if necessary. But if there is a way to take the destroy the Free Holds peacefully as opposed to bringing it down brick by brick with golems i'd rather take it." Xixis admitted. "So for now you have my tentative support, Kouri's support means a great deal to me. But both our nations are still fairly new, one reborn from ashes of the old,... but then again, the Imperium is rather reborn too.... so that is an option."

"With so much in common I'd hate for you kids to fight." Dean replied jokingly "In all seriousness though, General Merryweather has 10'000 years of experience in fighting a war albeit against his own people, he makes for a strong ally and I'm sure he can be brought to some agreement."

Xixis cocked his head again. "No, i'd rather take an offer to the Empress herself. There is something about Florence I simply do not trust."

"I'll do my best to get you an audience with the Empress then. I respect your distrust of Florence, afterall there are reasons I didn't stay longer with the Imperium, but you couldn't possibly deny the experience Florence could bring to your efforts."
"No, but I have my own way of doing things anyway. One could easily argue that his many years of experience close him off to innovation." Xixis retorted.

"I'm hardly here to debate or argue with you Xixis, I've learned that's nothing but a headache in itself." Dean replied almostt warily.

Xixis nodded amused. "So i'm told, but yes, you can count on my support for now."

Aslo and Ethlinn
After his conversation with the Choir representative Aslo was nursing a mild throb in his skull. He approached the table where the food was laid out, looking for a glass of wine that might ease his pain. Glancing along the table he spotted the familiar figure of the Amazonian Queen, and a smile formed on his face. He was glad to see that she was still making an appearance at the Union, despite looking more like a sullen child than a leader of state, Aslo supposed for a second that she could be less than pleased with how events had turned out.

He slid smoothly and casually towards her, collecting a small plate of food as he did, until he was just outside of arms reach. If things were going poorly enough, it wouldn't pay to be within her grasp, and it could be that she harbored some grudge against the organization that put her into this less powerful position. Popping a grape into his mouth he smiled wide at the Queen "Your highness. A pleasure to see you here again."

Queen Ethlinn turns and looks at Aslo, and though she tried, she was unable to disguise the mild measure of contempt she had for him. Yet, there was something more. Perhaps a begrudging respect, in some way. "Aslo." The Queen nods simply, and returns to examining a small document in her hands. It appeared she was trying to learn how to read the ancient written language of the Imperials.

There must have been something about the Amazonian culture that immediately set them against men like Aslo. He couldn't think of a single one of them that he hadn't butt heads with in his travels. "Are we such casual acquaintances now? To drop the formality of titles? Tsk, dear Ethlinn I worry you have your head too deep in a dead language to not see yourself slipping so."
"How little you understand of my people if you think titles of foreigners impress us." She states simply, as she quietly furls the scroll she was reading up and turns to face Aslo properly. "It's what you do to earn your title that matters, and in that regard, you have my respect. Don't doubt that. Now, what can I do for a Queen's Blade?" She seemed far more diplomatic than before. Perhaps time spent with Imperials, or simply the great amounts of experience she was gaining over the past few weeks, were changing her in some way.

"I see the merit of earning your title don't get me wrong, but seems that if you immediately dismiss the titles of foreigners simply because they don't name themselves after their profession you run the gamble of ending up on the wrong side of very unsavory people." he said as he offered a grape out towards Ethlinn. "All it takes is one monster of a man that calls himself 'Lord' instead of 'the Impaler' to find yourself in very hot water."

With a dismissive shrug he took a seat next to the Queen, placing his plate upon the table. "Not that any of that is important and is after all only the opinion of a simple man." he had to admire the Queen for her composure, and he felt almost bad about giving her such grief. "As has become the trend though it isn't what you can do for me. As I said I'm a simple man, with few wants and needs. You however represent the needs of many people, yet you come here seemingly without request. Fair to say I have my doubts of that, are things in this new Empire truly so idyllic?"

"No." Ethlinn states bluntly, simply. She seemed to have little joy for the conversation at hand, given how she was barely paying Aslo any attention. "However, they are necessary. The Imperium aids my people, my people aid the Imperium. It, at the very least, ensures that the Queen's Blades resources are not stretched so thinly this time." She reaches for a bottle of red wine, and pours herself a small glass of it. "So if you hope to gain political points, you might want to try someone who needs you. My people can handle themselves, for now."

A snort escaped him as Ethlinn spoke. "You know. For twenty years I've worked for money, power and political points in Tuleria and the Freeholds. Killing in whatever direction I was pointed as if a pawn in the game Warlords and Nobles played. I only just made something of a name for myself and now what? At best the Freeholds stand on the verge of being swallowed by some larger entity, perhaps being made some new hand of the same cards, or being destroyed altogether. The same has already passed in Tuleria." he took a sip of his own wine to pause and gather his thoughts.

"I now work with borrowed time, I'm sure an Amazon can appreciate that, and I suppose now rather than points from leaders it seems more important to help as many people as I can... Maybe to even out the bad?" a slight hiccup slipped through as he drained the remainder of his glass. He got up from his seat and seemed ready to say something else, but stopped himself. "But I suppose this talk is falling on deaf ears." he said instead, taking the goblet of wine after Ethlinn had finished with it, and filling his own glass.

"I suppose it might have, if this were but a month ago."She looks around the room, then seems to have a flicker of a smile. "If you really wish to play hero, and get yourself some personal... Gains... The Dwarves are a stalwart people. They rarely change, nobody bothers them, they aren't racist, or matriarchal, or overly religious... They like shiny things, and magical things, and liquor. My people, are not an empire, and the way they live, will never see them as one. To ever give my people sufficient change and power to make them a world power, would simultaneously take from us everything we are. I can never grant you a title of nobility or an estate, because that's simply not how we live." Queen Ethlinn turns on her seat, and then steps off it so she can look Aslo eye-to-eye. "I don't deny your aid out of some sort of spite, like I might have done when I was just a vengeful child trying to seek justice for her mother's death. I still have much to learn about leadership, but I know this much: I don't reject aid when it's offered. Even if those who offer it have ulterior motives, if it ultimately benefits my people." She looks across the room at Florence Merryweather, and shakes her head. "Go help the Dwarves. They will still be here fifty years from now. I do not know if the Free Holds or Tuleria will be. The former is self destructive, and the latter is willfully accepting changes that may not benefit you in the long run."

Aslo looked upon the Amazonian a bit let down she didn't seem to grasp what it was he was trying to say. However he did appreciate the fact she was at least trying to help, and gave a slight bow. "Aye, perhaps you're right. I suppose I'll go make myself a useful Blade for the time being."
Aslo and Duncan
Aslo approached Duncan of the Rocklover Clan with an extra drink in hand. He extended the glass to the dwarf with a grin on his face "You look like a stout dwarf with a strong liver. Mind giving me a hand with this?"

Duncan grins from ear to ear as he snatches the extra drink unceremoniously. He then chugs it with an equal vigour, and exhales with a great deal of satisfiaction. "That's one way t' introduce yerself to a dwarf, lad! What can I do 'fer ya... Or, are you lookin' ta do somethin' 'fer me?"

Aslo simply smiled as the dwarf drank the entirety of the beverage in what almost seemed like a rush. "Well I was half hoping to figure that much out over a drink, but you've made quick work of that plan. So either this will be a dry conversation, or you need a refill."

"Bah! Refill, lad!" Duncan pats Aslo's back, with sufficient force that it almost feels like outright slaps. He points to a few kegs the dwarves brought in. "Politics is always better when everyone is inebre... Bre... Drunk!"

"Inebriated? Yes I would tend to agree." he finished the wine in his glass, taking instead two flagons and filling them equally with ale. "Try to make this one last a bit longer, eh? At least long enough for us to figure things out."

"I'm not going to obliterate the cask, laddy!" He pours himself another glass, and as he does, Aslo easily notices him looking about the room with suspicion. It appeared he wasn't entirely comfortable here. Nonetheless, he stood tall, and his grin remained ever stalwart as his eyes looked up to Aslo's face, attempting to read his expressions to see what he was thinking. "So! This, 'figuring things out', bit... I don't suppose it might mean you want to help us Dwarves out, laddy?"

"Duncan, may I call you Duncan, or is there some formality between us?" he paused for a moment before continuing anyway "At any rate, my interests with the Blades lie in helping people. So of course I want to help, but not if it means putting more people at risk. So figuring things out means just that. Is what you require more or less vital than other things. Bear in mind I wouldn't be here if I didn't think it was, so take no offence that I might be belittling you. Just... Sell me on what you need?" he trailed off in the end at a chuckle, amused at how nonchalantly he was approaching potential risks.

"Hmm..." Duncan playfully muses as he chugs another mug of alcohol. As he goes to fill it once more, he mutters under his breath, so that only Aslo could overhear him. "Orcs are still raiding us, need to talk to the shaman, but he refuses me an audience. Mage's Guild folk' need to fark right off n' stop lookin' 'fer ways t' steal our artifacts, we need em' now more than ever... Oh, an' it wouldn't hurt none if someone could be a little charitable and send us some extra materials. Mostly food. We can't grow much in them blasted mountains and this conflict has scared away most traders, so anybody who's got a lot o' food who could be convinced t' help us out would be great... Just great." He finishes slowly filling his mug, and looks at Aslo. "Got all that?"

Aslo tugged at the lobe of one of his ears. "Grandmother was a quarter elf. Don't hold it against me." he said with a wink towards Duncan. "Drink in peace. I'll see what I can do about that list."

"Ya do that n' I'll be a happy, drunk dwarf." He raises his mug and takes another swig. "N' I'll pay ye back! Rocklovers always pay!"

Aslo nodded as he walked away muttering under his own breath as he did so, not loud enough for anyone to hear. "Unwavering support and loyalty would be great repayment."

Status
Not open for further replies.