Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rheinfeld - Kasim

Upon seeing the situation Taigyn was in, Kasim couldn't help but grin. His heroic instincts had led him the right way once again. First he'd helped to save Davian, then killed an angel, then was the first to show up to make sure Alida was fine, and now he'd be Taigyn's savior (with maybe some help from Moira and Laenaia, but that wasn't important). It was shaping up to be a day very much worthy of heroic tales, so he had to make sure it ended up a high note of further success.

Kasim didn't fuck around with anything fancy, he just hurried forward trying to be as quiet as he could manage. He headed for the masked attacker closest to him, short sword at the ready in his right hand, bow held in the left ready to ward off any blows if the enemy heard him coming and turned to attack. There would be no subtlety or artistry to his own attack, just a brutal chop at the assassin's head with his blade to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Rheinfeld - Scheideweg; Draza and Zin

The sight of the tied up, paralyzed mercenaries was a good one. Zin must have made it here safely. If what she knew of Zin's capabilities was accurate, then she could have done this! Making haste, Draza's singing cut off as she began to look between the tents nearby, calling out "Templar Davian is amongst the tents, injured. It may be in our best interests to have watch over him, in case more vile motives are afoot."

Zin stepped out of the tent and heard most of what Draza said. She directed a warm smile at the sprite and motioned at Alida already present with her soldiers. "I think they can handle keeping watch over him." She paused and glanced back at the tent. "Assuming he can manage not to be rude with Alida, of course. He just snapped at me to go make sure Alida and Taigyn were alright, and she seems to be fine. Perhaps you could join me in seeking out the last of the wayward leaders?"

"Oh thank Lada, if he's still of the humours to speak in that way, that only makes me feel good for his chances. He's already being treated in there, yes?" she asked, rushing up closer to Zin and trying to peek into the tent. She didn't get much of a chance, as the whole 'defending Davian' bit had some bustle go by her. She looked back from the flaps to Zin, "You didn't have too much trouble in getting here from the barn, did you?"

"Davian is.. probably fine." Zin shrugged a shoulder, clearly uncomfortable. "I don't know much about, um, wounds and such, but someone is tending to him. He should be okay, hopefully." She cleared her throat and changed the subject by gesturing at the frozen and bound mercenaries. "They showed up after I got here with Davian. I was invisible, an illusion, and they just saw him draped over the horse. They might have caused some trouble for me if not for a gallant hero saving the day." Zin pointed out the squire standing near the prisoners, then continued in a breathless rush. "He hit one of them, and then I froze them. I, um, can sort of hypnotize people with my eyes. Vampire perk, I suppose. So I stopped them without anyone getting seriously hurt!" She took a deep breath at the end of that and had a bit of a flush around her cheeks.

Draza followed along the the rushing tempo of the story, the climax of Zin's victory swelling as the smile of pride upon her face. The appropriate credit given where it was due to the squire, whom Draza turned and faced as Zin pointed, making a note of getting his name for later. Actually, with that thought fresh in her head and the story having come to its stop, she spoke, "That's amazing! I knew you could do something like this. Get him to safety so he could be saved. You're brilliant, beautiful!" Draza brought her hands up to her lips and made a motion of a kiss of joy bursting forth before wrapping her arms around what little of Zin she could in a hug, bouncing and bounding as she did. Hopping back and away, she turned to the squire as he did his duties, before looking back up to Zin, "So many things to commemorate in song. From Sir Eric to you and your gallivanting hero. I'll have to get his name, for later. You don't happen to have it, do you?"

Zin grins at the praise, extremely pleased that Draza found her accomplishment just as wonderful as she did herself. "No, there wasn't much time for chatter, but I intend to learn it and thank him properly before we leave. Who is Sir Eric?"

She gave a quick look pointed Eric out for Zin, "Sir Eric Vadlegarf, Republican Soldier, and alongside the boastful Kasim, an Angel Slayer. Without his help, I'd be dead, and things would be going a bit more south than you'd like for all of us here. But, by the grace of the Republic, he's a good shot and helped save us." She perhaps was downplaying Kasim's contributions, but it was only fair, he'd play his own up to ridiculous levels, may as well put the truth somewhere in the middle.

Zin let out a small sigh. She'd been worried about the angel, and avoided asking about it in case of bad news. "It's unfortunate that it had to come down to killing, but I'm glad everyone got through it safely. With two heroes not of the Queen's Blade to honor for helping to save the day, I imagine Kasim will be worse than ever with his bragging, so others won't take the attention away from him." She shook her head at the thought. Arrogance didn't even begin to describe the man, and now he had something new to brag about. It would be hell on the trip home. "We'll have to do whatever we can to keep him humble, I suppose. Do you know where Laenaia got off to?"

"There was another mage, the Templar with Kasim felt it, and then Laenaia went with them to go handle it. I don't know how well they managed, but the whole attack part of the day seems to be over, so I feel it went in our favour," Draza said, that ever present optimism evident within her, until there was a bit of a downswing, "Templar Taigyn sensed the mage too and went off to the armoury first, I believe it was. Kasim has gone there to play the hero again. I find his braggart inclinations palatable while he manages real heroics. Hopefully he can assure the safety of Templar Taigyn, and if they were upon the mage in there, the safety of Laenaia and the other Templar as well."

She couldn't help but chuckle at the mention of real heroics and Kasim in the same sentence, and she nodded slowly at Draza's assessment of the situation. "I suppose everything could be fine, but just in case he does something… less than heroic, maybe we should be there to help? It would be unfortunate for the whole day of victories to fall to shambles because Kasim couldn't help but do something foolish for honor or glory or whatever he calls it. And I'd like to honor Davian's request to make sure Taigyn is alright, in case, you know..." Zin trailed off, not wanting to speak aloud the possibility that the Templar's injuries might prove fatal.

Draza nodded, and stepped to the side to give Zin better passage as she gestured in the direction to the armoury, "You should go now then, I do not know how much time you have to make it if you want to be assured of your utility. But as for me, I'm going to stay. I am better with this group, I can keep people calm, soothed, and help with the healing process in my own way. I am better here now than there. Plus, Templar Davian didn't ask me to go make sure of anything other than getting him an apple pastry. I gotta make sure he lives so I can keep that promise, right?" She tried to hold a smile, but it was evident that she understood Zin's implications about Davian's injuries, "Besides, this will give me a chance to acquaint myself with your hero a bit too."

Zin managed a smile as well, though hers didn't last very long at all. "Alright, if you can do some good here then you're right that this is the best place for you to be. I'll make sure Taigyn is okay and bring him here if I can, then we'll be sure all the fighting is done." She looked round and spotted both the squire and Sir Eric and found herself capable of another brief smile. "Get to know the squire, then after this is over we can come throw a party for our rescuers, and Davian can be there to receive his promised treat. It'll be fun." With that said, she gave Draza what she hoped looked like a determined nod and hurried off to the armory.

Draza waved Zin off, before herself departing to enter the tent with Davian to see how he was doing, and if she could help. If nothing else, she could help ease the tension in there, make operating a bit less dire.[/hr]

The Greatest Hunt - Esyllt Boudica

She had ironed herself for the hound's attack. Her heart pounded in her chest, knowing what she was about to take on; but she would defend the shaman no matter what. Her shield raised, her sword ready to strike, Esyllt watched her foe approach... Until it suddenly changed it's path.

"Naraem! It's coming for you!"

Her warning was too late, the hound darted towards the drow and before Esyllt could raise a hand, the hound was at Naraem's throat. In that moment, Esyllt forgot all about Unamo, She charged at the hound, not knowing how – but determined to kill it, but the amazon princess came running from behind and passed Esyllt to violently throw down Naraem's killer.

"Naraem..." Esyllt muttered, kneeling next to the drow's body. She reached for his bloodied neck, confirming what she'd already feared... He no longer had a pulse. Fear and anger spiraled within her, tears blurred her vision as her fists shook uncontrollably. It dawned upon Esyllt, something not Alicia's death, nor the fallen amazons had even so much as registered. This war could take anything away from her- At any moment. At any time. How could it be, that the man who had told her stories and practiced magic with mere days ago, had now slipped into the void of his own art. Naraem, her fellow necromancer, was dead.

Esyllt winced at the sight of Ethlinn, towering above the hound she slaughtered. She felt disgust for the princess, an ugly jealousy she had never even felt before. What was she to do with her feelings? She could not stand to even look at Ethlinn. It was as if she'd stolen something from her, something that could have kept these trembling hands of hers in check.

"It was mine." She teared up, raw emotion overtook her, "Naraem was my teacher. The hound should have been mine!" But she could not even look up to face the princess. The loss of the first Blade she could have called friend stung in her chest. Esyllt could not take her eyes off of him, inwardly begging herself that her eyes did not see what they did. The necromancer's skin already grew paler... And in his hand there was the medallion Naraem had held so dear.

"This..." Esyllt's lips wordlessly spoke the rest of the sentence, as she held Naraem's lifeless hand, as cold as the medallion his fingers wrapped around. Even as the drow's life force had faded, Esyllt felt a familiar power flowing in Naraem's treasure. It was a sign, she felt it. She knew it. Esyllt took the medallion with both hands, feeling a cold breath of necromantic energy... One that felt somehow familiar.

"Naraem... You shall have your own revenge." Esyllt slowly stood up.. "In your name, I shall summon those who pledged loyal to you beyond the grave." She began to mutter a spell she'd heard Naraem chant before, whenever he;d used the medallion. It was as if her mind reached into another dimension; a cold strange place... It was a short vision of a laboratory unlike she'd ever seen... And within a flash, two skeletal hounds stood in front of her, waiting for a command.

Esyllt's eyes adjusted to her surroundings, but not before she saw a flash of the vision of the golem she'd previously sent to scout (although Esyllt's emotional state was so distraught, the tiny creature shortly fell apart afterwards) in which she spotted the retreat of the agent of greed.

"Hunt it down!" Esyllt barked her order at the ivory beasts, pointing in the direction of the skeletal officer. "Don't let it get away!"

The two summoned dogs darted off, but Esyllt felt drained. Her mental strength and mana were being rigorously sapped by this fight... And she could not think. This was nothing like hunting, nothing like routing bandits... This was war.

The undead golem, who found itself near Fafnir and the doomguard, had no such things as emotions and attachments. As the metallic dragon wrestled the monstrosity, the golem was opportunity to strike. It lashed out it's bone claws at the doomguard, attempting to tear through it's legs so that it would stand no chance in it's wrestling match. If it could be brought to a fall; it would be unable to guard itself from Fafnir and therefore... Be doomed.

Rheinfeld - Scheideweg; Laenaia

The situation that Laenaia and Moira saw when they reached was not exactly a good one. Taigyn still yet lived, but he was being cornered by two assassins. It was urgent for her to do something before the Templar leader was too worn down to fend off his opponents. Trying to sneak up on the assassins wouldn't work for them as their arrival was noted, but it didn't seem to be the same for Kasim who was on the opposite side to them. She'll play the distraction then.

Laenaia glanced at Moira, "Well, your leader awaits your relief. I'll try to keep their attention at you," she said, gesturing at the assassins and see the half-blooded Templar leaped into action. For her part, Laenaia tried to grasp at the assassins' senses and increased their attention towards Moira by making them even more wary of her than they should be, in addition on making Moira seems to grew in size as she approached them.

Imperium - Anima Aeternum
Aslo
Aslo stood a bit straighter as the danger passed. He felt he could almost manage a sigh of relief while he sheathed his weapons once again, and looked to the Minotaur. He felt a slight tug as he mourned his fallen comrade, and even remembered the centaur's contribution to Aslo's current state of survival. In a strange kind of way he knew he'd miss him... Primarily because of how handily it skewed his current plan, but alas plans were always susceptible to change and his were no exception. Other arrangements would have to be made.

For now though it seemed the group was more or less ready to move on, and he all too happy to move along with them. If they were lucky they wouldn't come across any further obstacles however in a dungeon as this it wouldn't surprise him to find some other ancient and forgotten evil.

Then again that was pretty much exactly what he had signed up for when he joined the Blades so what else did he expect?

Liveria - Heaven's Haven
Elrbetrt Westfeld
It was beyond confusing.

Everything about it didn't make sense; the footsteps, the sound it made as it went through the underbrush, even the smell. All of it spoke of something less than ordinary. Strange clicking noises rippled around its body, the flat sound suggesting the noise was made by small flat objects it was moving about on its body, most probably scales. The legs were giving off slightly different noises, sounds that vibrated as if through a rod. What ever it was, it was on the foremost legs, tools meant for heavy use, weapons most like. However, the back legs were slightly quieter, lacking the vibrating noise of the front legs and their smell. All of this told Elrbetrt nothing about it save what was probably it's characteristics. It was nothing like any animal she had ever encountered nor anything like anything the books her maids had read to her.

"Its... its odd. I can't make sense of it."

How... how would the fabled knights react to this? Most probably they'd unsheath their weapons, and against impossible odds slay the beast without so much as a lost.

Unfortunately, she neither fabled nor an experienced knight; with only her ideals and beliefs by her side, along with her companions here now. Oh how she wished for the spear, now buried along with the second horse she lost. Her maid.... her maid has survived, of that she was sure. It was simply unthinkable to even think she'd be dead.

"...I..I will attempt to attract it's attention.. The moment it focuses it's attention on me, please use that chance to act immediately..."
What a disgrace. Her legs were starting to feel like wet rags and her heart seemed ready to burst outside her chest with all its beating. But she had already offered, and now she must see it through. It occurred to her that this might be the last thing she will ever do, the last time she could breathe this air.

"COME FOUL BEAST!" She sidled away from the others, intending to make it turn to her, to make it turn it's blind side to them. "THINE OPPONENT IS HERE!"

Elr banged on her shield a few times, shouting challenges at it, but keeping the shield up as she did so. The possibility that her companions might instead use the opening to run away did enter her mind, or that retreat would be the better option than this. But truth to be told, if they were to try and run away from this thing, she would be the first to die. In an unknown forest, walking and listening to her companions steps was easy enough to do so she does not stumble and trip on every branch and difference in elevation. Trying to do that while running was apt to get her tripped or tumbling down whatever incline they might encounter. In short, if she fights, she probably would die, and if she runs, she most probably will die.

Was this what they meant when they said stuck between a rock and a hard place?

Imperium~Doctor Gremlock

Gremlock looked around at his surroundings after the battle, still on edge even after the battle. It had been the goblin's first real fight, at least against an enemy that had tried to kill him rather than throw him out of an alchemist's shop anyways. The battle still rattled his soul, and he tried to piece together what had happened. The arachne had tried to kill them, Aslo tried to poison her, but ended up almost dragging Gremlock to a very agonizing death. A fact that the doctor was particularly sore about, who in their right mind uses poison gas in a crowded room (well, at least one you don't intend to vacate immediately anyway)? Still, Aslo didn't quite earn an earful thanks to saving Gremlock from said death, and in an odd way, the gas itself might've been pertinent to Gremlock's survival. Had the enemy not decided to be sadistic and try to drag Gremlock into the cloud, the chains might've instantly killed him instead, like the centaur.

Speaking of the centaur, the doctor for his part was kicking himself. He had some fortification magic at his disposal that could've saved the guy, but he had decided to go for the attack instead. He tried to calm himself down by telling himself that he couldn't have known, and that things might've gone differently if he hadn't attacked. Still, his twinge of guilt did not compare to the stench that filled the room, several dead bodies, the stench of some more gunpowder, and that odd flower smell were nauseating the goblin.

He looked as Murderok asked for some time to mourn. Not knowing what to say, Gremlock got his musket out and loaded it in preparation for any more bad news. His mind was still at some unease due to the things he sensed at the entrance. Powerful though the Arachne was, it seemed unlikely that it was the source of the flowers or the gunpowder were its doing. For a second he feared that somebody might hold the party at gunpoint when they exited the area, but before he could contemplate more, the party was already moving ahead. He coughed, moved up to his position in the party, then said "Well, let's hope this dungeon delve is almost over. Any more of this stench and I'm liable to blast bodily fluids at the nearest skuva."

He chuckled, even the most civilized of goblins wasn't above cracking a bad joke every now and then.

Aëyr
Free Holds, Devil's Children

Damn, she thought, repeating Fahim's own words.

Despite herself, Aëyr was pumped, even eager to hunt down the succubus. Her normally passive attitude towards the workings of the world had been greatly upset upon her reunion with her shoal-sister. Even though the context within which she had found her was not ideal, it was warming to know that she was alive, at the very least.

Before, she had been driven by hope, only half believed-in. But in this moment, she was driven by passion.

As the two of them rushed back Eastwards down the corridor, they were faced with a new challenge. A large force off crossbowmen were facing off against a small team of Renaltans, their fellow Child amongst them. Unstrapping her sling from its disguise as her belt, she then retrieved a stone from the purse at her waist.

With the crossbowmen currently focusing on the others, there was nowhere to escape. However, if she and Fahim could potentially take them by surprise, divert their aim—maybe in that moment of confusion, they could regroup with the others and flee. Addressing Fahim, "Have you a form that can withstand bolts? Preferably fearsome, to instill fear in those men?"​

Mars
Freeholds

Mars remembered a quick lash of the tail before an incredible force struck his chest and sent him into a daze, his next conscious thoughts were the pain in his ribs as he recovered from the blow the succubus had landed. The pain was sharp, but manageable as he lifted his back from the stony floor. The blow had completely laid him out and he was confused as to how he was not dead. The succubus was nowhere in sight, Mikan however was. The blood coming from her back, the absence of the succubi and his still beating heart told him the story of what had happened, and the feint memory of a blur tackling the demon.

It had been his fault this had happened, he had let his guard down in front a demon which had murdered a fellow blade with little apparent struggle. He felt guilt that he had sought the demon not to confront it nor even avenge the blade when he saw what had happened, but to see if the demon which had wrestled control over the Free Holds might offer more for him than a life as a blade would. He felt foolish and guilty, so he was silent as Mikan issued the pursuit. Fahim, Aeyr and child appeared to pursue the succubi, and he may have been able to join them as the injury was merely a hindrance, but he didn't wish to join the hunt. Partly because Mikan lay wounded at his behest and he felt a responsibility to stay with her now, but mostly because the memory of the succubus moving to him at lightning speed had left him shook. Mars realized just how close he had come to death. Dying for honor and glory may be the dreams of the other blades, but dying for any reason was not an idea that sat well with him.

The succubus scared him.

From the depths of the halls he then heard Fahim issue to order to return to the ball room, it appeared the succubus had eluded them anyway. He heard fighting as well. Mars stood, the pain in his ribs stabbing at him at random movements, and he looked to Mikan.

"Thank you."

Thanks was the least he owed her.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the appearence of a good 30 enemy combatants, Child knew they were not going to catch their runaway demon. And she knew she had helped doom a handfull of good men. But the survivor in her, now fading at last, parted with a word of final wisdom. Save the noble woman, get out alive, come back and finish the job another day. She squared her shoulders and stood next to the magician. Her eyes took in the charging 30. They were embolded by numbers, as well they should be. But they were charging down a corridor. 6 men with dicipline could hold a corridor for a long while, even heavily outnumbered.

"Apologies Madam" She said abrubtly, as she grabbed the woman by the arm and bolted back towards where they had come from. "It appears we will not be able to pursue our target any longer. But I cannot let you die for my blunder, please understand that I will pay for my mistake. IF your magic have any means to event this battle out, now it the time to use it. Otherwise, I will see that you make it back alive at the very least." She spoke trough gritted teeth, and then she spotted the other two. She took a defensive position by the woman. "I leave the choice to you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Liveria - Heaven's Haven
Andrea & Ceann
Things you see in a forest starting with a D....

Andrea took a few involuntary steps back upon seeing the... clearly demonic abomination, gagging a little at the sight. She had seen and witnessed many things but to behold the demonic was probably always going to be a unique and disturbing sight, assuming she survived to see more naturally. She looked at the limbs and shuddered when a notion came to her what their function may be, "Whatever happens." She said to the others. "Pray you are already dead before this things is able to use the limbs it is protective off." She had trouble shaking off the mental image what this thing could do with its prey involving those limbs.

"I have been impaled before that forced me to stretch but that just seems just a bit too painful for me..." She muttered to herself under her breath.

Ceann was still processing in her head when the Orc Archer apparently made her 'raid leader' when the beast appeared, she was woefully unprepared for what she saw, her eyes widening and the arrow she had readied falling from her fingers. This thing was just.... 'wrong' was the only word she could think off, it had no right to exist in this world and yet it inexplicably did. She almost missed it when Elrbetrt spoke up, before she could dissuade the female knight she was already walking off and banging her shield to attract the thing, the demons attention.

It would be wasteful not to use the opportunity, if Elrbetrt succeeded in drawing it's attention, hoping that Gabriel and the Orc would do the right thing, either helping the female knight or flanking it to strike when its distracted. She meanwhile had a idea, fingers going over the arrows by touch and pulling out one of the lightning arrows, seeing Andrea just muttering to herself she spoke up. <"Stop praying if that's all you are doing and help me with this, enhance the arrow if you can.">

Hearing her native tongue brought her out of her stunned status, mostly due to the condescending tone she detected in the words and she snarled about to give Ceann a piece of her mind but then even she realized how idiotic that was to do in this situation, better to wait and see if they both survived this and then punish her supposed 'bodyguard' for her disrespect. See the arrow she had was readying on her bow she frowned but started to draw on her power and connecting it with the hint of her own magic residing in the arrow Ceann was now aiming at the 'head' of the demon, specifically its eyes.

Liveria – Heaven's Haven
Rayvon Krayvitch

Rayvon grimaces, feeling a niggling of hunger and a rumble in her stomach. She closes her eyes, shuddering at the sensation and knowing it was unnatural. She had dined upon rations not long before they all took the fall from the cliff. Yet, still, it was enough of a sensation that it distracted her and made her wish to reach into her pack for more. That was, at least, until blood dripped upon her pauldron and snapped her attention back to the battle at hand.

The wolf before her was in a state of shock, unresponsive to the world around it. It would do nothing for now, at least. She nods, happy to have perhaps saved one mortal from a demon's hold. Still, that left the scene above. Glancing up, she sees Elrithros, struggling at the cliffs face before kicking off a foul hellspawn that falls to her death nearby. "Molkar, assistance. Raise me as you did with Helene." She sheaths the longsword, switching in favor of her greatsword as she stares up at the cliff, gritting her teeth, praying she would not be too late and cursing her lack of forethought that allowed the princess and Elrithros to fall into the trap.

Amazons – The Greatest Hunt
Alexandria Nebacaesar
Alexandria accepts Egidia's hand and is hefted from the rendded pate, which clings to her clothes alongside the slick coat of claret. Alexandria huffs, wiping away the gore from her face and flicking her wrist to get it off, "My thanks to the Imperium. You arrived just in time..." Her eyes fall over the head of this party and she simply smirks and shakes her head, "To imagine, you were in the form of a child, last we met..." She straightens up at the crashing across the ground, making her footing unstable as the goliaths brawl. "This is hardly the time to reminisce and reacquaint ourselves, I'm afraid." Alex raises her sword, pointing at the Doom Guard and Fafnir, "The battle is not yet over. I would ask for the assistance of your scouts to bring the Hell beast down."

Maeven Lucre

Maeven blinks, shock in her eyes at the stellar accuracy of her shot. She looses a soft laugh, watching the tides turn. Her heart rate slowly begins to return to normal, settling back against the trunk of the tree as she keeps her feet pressed hard against the branches to support herself and keep steady. She would live, yet. Still, her eyes scan the ground below and take in the measure of things as she works to load her gun once more. She sets her jaw, seeing the Doom Guard devastating her mechanical masterpiece. Too much more and the gem that contained his soul might be broken. She needed to do something to stop that from happening, lest the dragon's spirit be free and able to exact revenge upon her bloodline.

Maeven continues to survey as she works, jamming down the powder and metal sphere. The Queen was climbing from the carcass of the abomination, of course. It was no wonder a 'hero' such as her had managed to take down the beast, though it left her disappointed she needed help from the Imperium Scouts. Unamo appeared to be completely her task... Maeven would have to thank her personally, later. Her eyes widen, though, upon seeing the corpse of Naream. Her jaw drops and her hands falter on her firearm. Already, one of the faces she had come to know in the Blades lay dead. She closes her eyes, horrified. If her shot had not been spot on, she might have been soon to follow suit. She takes a deep breath and readies her gun to fire again, focusing upon the Doom Guard's skull... Or more in particular, its vulnerable eyes... And fires once more.

Fafnir, Father of Dragons

As for the Mechanist creation, his limbs strain against the Doom Guard's raw physical strength. Though he felt no pain, he had a faint knowledge of the damage to his body. His chassis was dented, caving in from the battering he had received. Gears skip teeth and begin wearing down from within him, sending out sharp rattling sounds. Exhaustive steam spews forth from him in great billows in an attempt to release the building heat inside and reduce the internal pressure. Fafnir looses a shrill metallic roar in the face of the Doom Guard as he continues his battle of brawn. The only thing in his mental core being sheer outrage that such a pathetic beast might beat him due to his inferior body. If only he had his true form, he would have squashed this fool as if it were nothing!

"Please, for the love of everthing sane, don't have her make a move now." -Child, Page 2.

As Murderok mourned for his compatriot, Florence walked over to the corpse of Trom. Kneeling beside him, Florence bows his head respectfully and closes Trom's eyes, then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small Imperial coin. Placing it between Trom's lips, he murmurs quietly. "While I no longer believe, I know you did fervently. May this aid you on your path to Elysium." He then retrieves Trom's torch from his waist, returning to the entrance of the corridor behind the creature's corpse. Glancing down it, he frowns as he narrows his eyes. There were lights at the end of the corridor, perhaps more torches that were to burn for eternity, yet they were lit.

Nyla raises an eyebrow at Murderok's flirtation, then shakes her head, though her soft smile was still plain to be seen. "I never took you for the awkward type... You'll have to excuse me if I'm not particularly eager for such things." She then looks amongst the remainder of the group: Only Aslo seemed to be in peak condition to fight. Maybe Florence too, but it was hard to read a man who had been at war for ten thousand years. Florence lights his torch and holds it in his left hand, keeping his gladius in his right hand. Seeing as how everyone was ready but nobody was leading, he chose to go first, moving down the corridor with Nyla taking up the rear guard, though her left arm was still in no combat condition, leaving her with only one good arm.

As Florence reaches the end of the corridor, he narrows his eyes at the sight of two dead Imperial soldiers, standing and staring at them. Each had a pair of glowing white balls of energy that mimicked eyes within their eye sockets. Staring at the group, they seemed to wait for something. Florence quickly realized that it was the main treasury, and at the center of the room, on a dusty, cobwebbed pedestal, was a small, purple gem: The Eternal Soul Gem! It glowed with power, it was the vessel of countless souls, trapped underneath its swirling interior. One could almost swear to see the occasional flicker, as though it was calling for them to retrieve it. Florence takes a few steps towards, only to stop as the skeletons speak with a ghastly tone. "Stop... We have proposition, for the Song calls to Us." Florence looks at them and glares. "You tried to have us killed, we heard your voices earlier. Explain yourselves quickly, you wouldn't be a match for us in combat." Nyla nods in confirmation of what Florence said.

The skeletons glance at the group once more, with particular interest in Murderok. It seemed they'd likely have a lot to say. "We belong to the Choir. We slipped in here. In this prison, made of stone, empty thoughts... The Choir was inquisitive, curious, unknowing. We came. Found dead, long dead." They point to an old blood stain on the floor. While it was old, it was likely nowhere near as old as the location itself. They then point to the back wall of the treasury, where a couple pieces of stone and wood had been moved to stop a leak of some sort. "We are Collectors for the Song, We heard whispers, lost, many thousands." Pointing at the Eternal Soul Gem, one of them glares at Florence. "Instead, trapped, for a long age..." They then point at the group. "We did not trust the Deaf Ones to understand, the madness. We expected greed, it came for the gem, the loudness, the screaming, the terror. We could not comprehend what madness the Deaf ones would have for desire of it. We needed bodies to escape. Then we heard, the fire, the purging flames. Fire, explosive, freedom."

Nyla blinks in confusion. Rubbing her left forearm, she takes a deep breath and speaks, though she quite happily maintained the several dozen feet of distance between herself and the undead. "You needed... Bodies? Our bodies? To go where? What do you mean by 'escape', did you... Come with... The blood?" The skeletons nodded in unison, then spoke together. "We and a dozen others are trapped here. If We had your bodies, We could have possessed them, used them, with the empty ones, to escape... We could have possessed Arachne to attack directly, more efficiently. We did not. We saw, mourning, sorrow." They look at Murderok and and tilt their heads, seemingly out of curiosity, or perhaps out of understanding. "We know much of sorrow. We wish to go back to the Choir. We miss the Song. The Voices. We are alone. We did not understand, you are more than looters, more than vultures, more than greed." Nyla's eyes open widely. "So this... Was all a misunderstanding? My brother's death, Gryff's death... Was all a damned misunderstanding?!" The two nod in unison once more. "Yes. We make offer, now. We hear, trembling, anticipation, Our kind will move soon. We must tell them. We must warn them. You are not like the kind that came before. We must stop the misunderstanding before you lose more voices. Deaf as you are, you deserve chance, to prove that you are more than greed and Deaf. If you... Set explosives, to wall, to blow open... Flood chamber... We would be free."

At that very mention of explosives, Florence immediately strides over to the Eternal Soul Gem and pockets it. The skeletons don't seem to mind at this point, perhaps not even registering that he had taken it. "Flood this chamber? There could be countless other relics scattered throughout the rest of this place. The Imperium does not support this action. It is not within our best interests." Nyla however seemed hesitant to agree with Florence, instead looking to the Queen's Blades as the skeletons speak up once more, a hint of panic in their voices. "Please. Must stop misunderstanding. Must stop unneeded risk to Choir. Must stop unneeded deaths of the Deaf. Please. Could... Set fuse? Timer? Retrieve your dead, leave safely. Please. Free Us, We meant no harm to you, when discovered that you were not of greed. We could use your bodies instead, but, We respect you, did not understand you, all is wrong, can be made better, without more bloodshed." Florence glances to the Queen's Blades, as do the skeletons. It seemed it was on them to decide what was to be done: Free the spirits, or destroy their weak bodies and loot the ancient Imperial treasury.

Rheinfeld - Scheideweg

As Draza enters the medical tent, she would find that while Davian was injured, he was stabilized. The priest, using alchemy and some herbs, had already stopped the bleeding, and was now sewing the wound closed while the templar laid on his stomach. Wincing, he turns his head and spots Draza, shaking his head. "You Queen's Blades seem keenly interested in ensuring the health and well being of foreigners. I don't know whether to applaud that or laugh bitterly, Draza--Ow!" He looks back over her shoulder at the priest, who merely shrugged as he scratched his chin. He then glances at Draza, confused. Looking to Davian, the templar gives a half hearted sigh. "She can stay. For whatever reason she has must be important international business I assume." The priest nods, then gets back to work sewing up his wound. "Speak quickly, little faery." Whether he intentionally got her race wrong or it was simply out of a callous disregard, one couldn't really tell. Perhaps he was simply too dizzy to tell the difference as he laid his head down and shut his eyes tightly out of discomfort.

Laenaia attempts to use her magic at a long distance on multiple targets to change Moira's physical appearance to look larger via affecting their mind. Needless to say, while it attracted the attention of one of them when Moira charged, both of them seemed to be able to see through the illusion well enough and disbelieved it. Perhaps a more practical effect than a twenty foot tall templar--who is immune to magical effects--might have been more believable... That being said, Moira's charge was still helpful as one of the assassins was forced to jump back from both Taigyn and Moira, who were now standing side by side.

Kasim's attempted sneak attack didn't quite work according to plan. In fact, one could muse that his arrogance was about to spell his downfall as the assassin he charged stepped aside and tripped Kasim, swinging a dagger downward and slicing cleanly through Kasim's left thigh, leaving him unable to stand. Yet, as the assassin stood over Kasim to finish him off, he hesitated: Kasim's subliminal messages made him pause. Kasim could also vaguely tell that the assassin was a telepath, and this perhaps made him more vulnerable to the ability. Stumbling backward, he and the other assassin wordlessly withdraw together, bounding at a quick pace away as Taigyn stops Moira from giving pursuit, pointing out Kasim.

Moira moves quickly to Kasim's side, dropping to her knees and looking at his injury. If it wasn't treated within the hour he would bleed to death, though luckily, with the combat having died down, it seemed very likely he would get the medical attention he needs. Helping him back onto his feet, Moira turns to face Taigyn. "Good work. You came just in time." He looks between Kasim and Laenaia. "I don't think that's the last I will see of them, but at least I know they're afraid of fighting when the tables are turned on them." He sheathes his weapons and looks around, seeing the dying and the dead he grimaces. "We should attend to the needs of our men now... Though I think this might unite us together closer than we could have hoped before. How ironic and short sighted of the Papacy, surely he would have known this would not stop us... This is a confusing turn of events."

After all of this, Zin finally arrived to the scene to find that she was too late to do anything. Alas, even a hero can be late.

Liveria - Heaven's Haven

As Elrithos climbs up the side of the cliff, behind the demon he would spot the field weakening: It seemed that if the demon stepped too far from it, the angels might have been able to break free. Still, it was too late to consider retreat an option as his hands easily grasped the handle of the two handed blade. By this point however the elf would would hear a spine tingling crack along with a vile scream of pain: The incubus had ripped the imp off his throat and thrown it against the ground with sufficient force that not only did a couple of his bones break on impact, but he bounced off the cliff and started falling to his certain death.

It bought Elrithos enough time to strike. With a single thrust, the demonically summoned blade pierced the flesh of the creature. The incubus stops moving, his arms hanging loosely from each side of his body as he looks up and grins viciously. "Your people burn to ashes now... My death is small... In comparison..." He pushes himself forward onto the blade, up to its handle. The blade fades to ashes, and so does his body: Being swept away into the wind.

Molkar looks up, seeing the imp falling he was about to ignore it in favour of lifting Rayvon only to twitch. He looks back up, and sees both the imp and Princess Helénē falling: She had managed to disconnected herself, though it was already apparent that she had taken severe injuries. While the imp fell to his screaming, panicking death, Princess Helénē was gently lowered to the ground by Molkar. Looking at Rayvon, the shaman had an amused if grim expression. "I assume the princess' life was more important than your presence to save that elf, whatever stupid thing he is doing now." Looking down at Helénē, the amusement quickly faded as it was clear that she had broken ribs, almost as though a giant had squeezed the life out of her. Still, she was conscious, and though her breathing was shallow, she had a smile on her face. "I did something... I'll be fine... The angels trapped inside will be free now." Molkar shakes his head. "Naive kindness." A little blood starts trickling from Helénē's nose as Molkar starts pulling out herbs to work on healing her. "It was the right thing to do. That's what Liverians and Renaltans agree on."

During this, up above, Elrithos would watch as the field collapsed and the Mechanist devices shorted out. Stepping out from the now open field, a couple of exhausted looking angels stare at Elrithos appreciatively. Still, it seemed deeper inside was an intricate network of tunnels and caverns, and there could be as many as a couple hundred inside. Past them, a half a dozen angels dart past Elrithos and take flight: Two straight down to attend to the injured princess who they had likely seen fall off the cliff, and four in search of something else entirely...

Meanwhile...

The demonic creature prepares to attack as it attempts to decide on a target between Gabriel or the blind knight. It finally makes its decision, moving towards the blind knight as Gabriel growls angrily, but knows he can't charge it. It swings one of its tentacles as Andrea prepares a magic-infusion into Ceann's arrow, and with a single swing it sends the blind knight sailing several feet through the air, backwards into the forest. As it turns to attack Gabriel, the lightning arrow is unleashed by Ceann and strikes. Though the creature moved a plate of armour in time to stop it from piercing an eye, the electricity still transferred through and caused it to twitch uncontrollable for a few moments before audible hissing in anger. Gabriel steps between the creature and the two Drow, seemingly ready to die for them if it would buy them enough time to muster another attack.

Yet, that turned out to be unnecessary, as a loud horn sounds off in the distance. It had an angelic quality to it, something that comforted them as the creature turned and immediately began to flee deeper into the forest, tearing down any trees or underbrush in its way. Slowly lowering his blade, Gabriel sighs with relief. "I was about to tell you all to retreat. That sacrifice now seems, thankfully, unnecessary." Off several feet in the forest, Elrbetrt would find that she was relatively unscathed save for a large bruise on her back where she struck a tree. Still, it seemed clear where to go to meet the angels: The other group must have succeeded after all. Good news, no?
Free Holds - Devil's Children

Aëyr's request to Fahim for help in protection seemed to garner a look of confusion from him as he grabbed her arm and bolted forward towards the defensible position. It would, indeed, not last long as one of the crossbowmen falls after taking two of the Free Holders down. As Child drags Osonia back, Fahim manages to reach the defensible position and starts falling back. One of the Renaltan swordsmen takes a crossbow bolt to the leg, and the two remaining crossbowmen start dragging him back as the other swordsman covers them as rear guard with his shield.

Osonia rips her arm away from Child, turning and bumping into Fahim and Aëyr. Grasping her staff tightly with both hands, she the base of it down onto the floor and reaches out with a single hand. The moment the last swordsman got away from the four-way intersection, she brings the roof down and cuts off the Free Holders. Glancing back to Child, she scowls. "Renaltans do not leave their own behind unless absolutely necessary!" At this point, she turns and heads back to the main chamber with her men, Fahim trailing behind to ensure that Aëyr was indeed alright, having been confused by the situation apparently.

Back in the main chamber, Mikan nods and smiles as she looks at Mars. "Don't mention it. I still have to tell you about Thailen, the hero of Arian Village, after all." Quietly she climbs to her feet as she sees the others come into view. There, they could see a small group of Renaltan soldiers having closed and locked the main gate as others outside were sending a battering ram at it. A Renaltan soldier runs over to the Queen's Blades and does a quite salute before pointing at where the throne had been: A secret passage was behind the throne! Likely for a quick escape in case of emergencies. Almost ironic that Deimos' corpse was laying only a few feet from it. Fahim nods appreciatively at the Renaltan soldier. "That exit leads out of town. We can destroy the entrance on our way out to prevent them from following. At the exit of the escape tunnel, a few mages from your estimable Mage's Guild are awaiting our arrival to take us back to my master's hold." Mikan cradles her wound, though motions for the Queen's Blades to go first. "We've done our job here, now we need to get out and get home! My kid'll die to hear another brave escape story." With a giggle, she gingerly starts moving for the escape. Fahim merely shakes his head. "Strange woman."

Amazons - The Greatest Hunt

As Esyllt summons the wolves to her command she would feel a great deal of weakness overcoming her, perhaps because she was using an artifact she hadn't had any real personal experience with, or maybe it was from summoning a drop-golem from earlier, or perhaps it's because she was wearing heavy armour and a sword and shield atop being a magician. Perhaps it was a mix of all of these things, however it was quite clear to her that using any magic beyond this point would likely result in being detrimental to her health: She had hit her limit, and there was no certainty that the wolves could remain up-kept for long like this.

Yet the wolves bounded after their target anyway, and were stopped in their tracks by the two undead skeletons the Agent of Greed left in his wake. The two wolves bound in and pounce, one destroying itself as it hit its target and the other managing to pin and overwhelm its target. By the time it finished, however, it had already lost the trail on the Agent of Greed, and merely looked back at its owner with confusion before falling to pieces: It could no longer remain in order while Esyllt focused on her golem.

Ethlinn looked back at Esyllt, grabbed her by the collar, and slapped her across the face. "Now is not the time to despair! I lost my mother to that thing, but I gave the responsibility to someone better suited than I for the task of killing it! If you can't handle death, then go back to whatever village you came from." Ethlinn then turns to ensure the safety of Rashan, who was in stable condition, though still badly injured all things considered.

Maeven's bullet hits the target, but ends up ricocheting off its thick skull instead. Still, she struck above its eye, causing blood to half-blind it as it once again punched Fafnir, this time ripping through a small piece of his outer metallic shell and revealing his far more vulnerable inner gears. One of his back legs jams up, no longer able to move due to connection damage.

The golem charges for the Doom Guard's legs, bowling it over it is then subsequently fallen on by the Doom Guard. Though it surprisingly isn't destroyed by the creature's weight, it is pinned. Fafnir is finally able to lock his jowls around its throat, ripping and tearing as Imperial arrows whiz past him and strike into its neck. Three quick explosions follow, ripping the doom guard's head clean off its neck and sending the smoldering thing rolling past Ethlinn and Esyllt. Fafnir was fine, though his head was somewhat blackened by the explosion. Still, one could see the Father of Dragons likely gnawing on the corpse instinctively, almost like a dog.

There were no more enemies in sight. The fighting was done. Yet, there was no cheering, just silence as Rashan and Ethlinn looked over at Tasha. Rashan, though unable to speak, lowered her head in mourning. The Imperial Scouts continue to follow Egidia, who in turn looked to Alexandria and nodded. "I believe that concludes this affair..." Her eyes then look to Naream, and Alicia. "If you need assistance with your dead, you need only let us know."

Unamo, sweating and seemingly dizzy, lifts a small, red crystal from the dirt. Looking at it while breathing heavily, she looks up at Maeven wearily and motions her down. "It is done. Do not toy lightly with this. If it escapes, it will most certainly destroy you."

Murderok considered the situation his bullish mind pushing through his mourning to consider the situation. Despite all this spirits did not deserve to be chained in such a manner. They didn't deserve eternal suffering defending themselves from the possibility of thieves and greedy cutthroats. And refusing their offer might just end in more bloodshed and having to fight off possession. It was, as far as Murd could see, not going to work if they simply refused those spirits.

Then there was the fact, as Florence put it, that it'd otherwise lose them valuable relics, something that wouldn't favour the Imperium. "Why don't we see to both your interests?" Murd offered struggling to put his words into some semblance of intelligent thought. "Why not grant the spirits their freedom, in exchange for which the spirits do their best to recover the artefacts for the Imperium, the price of their freedom and no further conflict between us?"

"We require consuses with the Choir to know that answer. We believe it to be a possible exchange. We will need time to find the flooded artifacts." The spirits responded, almost curiously it seemed to Murd.

Florence interects "That might damage some of them, but it's better than losing all of them if you truly intend on freeing these spirits."

"It serves both our interests, the spirits are no longer slaves to their prison, the Imperium gets presumably the lions share of their artefacts back. All in exchange for a bit of a blast to flood the place? A fair exchange in my mind." Murd said leaning against the wall casually.

Elrithos - Cavern Entrance, Liveria
-------------------------------------------------------------

Elrithos pushed forth at the cracking off bones, knowing it meant he would have little time to deal with the Damned One. The imp now tossed away, it was his chance to strike, the thing not paying much attention to him. With all the might he could gather, he pushed the blade forth, feeling little to no resistance as the tip pierced the thing's skin. A clean, straight blow and Elrithos held the blade and pushed as much as he could, until it stopped. The thing was dead, it had to be dead. Yet, when Elrithos lifted his eyes, all he could see was that grin… How could it? Why would he grin like this?

The thing spoke to him, words that shook his very soul. My people… burn to ashes? Those words worried him, the fear inside him growing as the thing moved forth. He had never felt this in all of his years of existence. The creature knew of his people… That had to be it. But how could he have known? He let go of the blade, his eyes wide and his hand shaking in terror. Even when the Damned one turned to ash, he still was shaking. Those words were invading his conscious…

His eyes lifted to the tunnel as he saw the Holy beings look at him. He wish he could have given them a smile, but he couldn't. Not now… The others! Elrithos walked forth, seeing angels fly off. He came forth to meet with those Holy Ones, slowly limping. "We have more comrades out there… Probably still in danger. One is a Holy One like yourselves." He said as he then took a seat and found the nearest wall to rest against. The Princess had also saved his life, which he would have to remember to thank her for it. For now, he needed to relax and settle down from all this. He never knew an encounter with the Damned One would cause him to panic and feel that pure terror he had felt…

Rheinfeld - Scheideweg; Draza & Templar Davian
also some priest guy. Oh, and Elmo Ulrich

"All due respect, Templar Davian, but at this point I think the Queen's Blades helping anywhere is ensuring the wellbeing of foreigners. May be under the Queens, but I'd be lying if I said we were Renaltan," she said, giving a curtsy to him in respect despite his tone, "I, for one, am still a Rheinfelder first and foremost. I did return home posthaste, carrying my international duty to my homeland, after all, sir Templar."

"But my duty at the moment is assuring that my cohorts ensured your life. It'd be a great blight upon Rheinfeld to lose you after a mage, a vampiric mage nonetheless, risked herself for you as well. I am daren't think the consequences of your passing," true though it were that such consequences would be die, it was a bit false that she wasn't thinking of them. She was sick with the worry of them, and seeing him in this state was still a relief. A relief that he was only in dire discomfort at the hands of the priest, far as she could tell.

He'd live, he still had more mean things to say.

"Such grievances aside, I owe you favour. I fancy myself a woman of my word; would be a pity if I couldn't carry it true and fail you for however little the apples of home were," she gave her most comforting smile to him at that attempt of humour, "But you look in better health than most would be after that fell strike; I'll have to thank you too, sir priest," she turned her gaze to him and gave him a curtsy as well, "But I'll…" Draza looked back to Templar Davian, "Try not to distract."

"Of course you won't distract him, he is a trained servant of The Mother." Davian states plainly, the priest nods, though doesn't take his eyes away from the work of mending Davian's back. The templar stares at Draza with a clear look in his eyes. Either the pain had stopped, or he had gotten past it. Either way, for the moment, he was lucid. It seemed to take Davian a moment before he could even recall the comment he made about fruits, and it made him chuckle quietly. "Right. Sure. If you do happen to have any apples around, I'll be happy to allow you to follow through on your word. As for your international duties, do what is right first. We Rheinfelders can take care of ourselves if the world should happen to need you. We are not a nation of men who wear women's skirts." The comment was likely directed at the Imperium, who wear leather skirts as armour.

"Still. Your business is to see that I am in good health? Well, my health is being attended to. I will be fine. Your business is concluded then, is it not?" Davian inquires sharply, almost critically. It was clear that he wasn't sure what to think of the sprite before him: Rheinfelder or no, she was serving a foreign throne.

"First, my apologies to you, sir priest. I did not mean to understate your capabilities. You do The Mother well with your work," Draza bowed her head towards the attending man once more. She looked at Davian again, trying to remain soft to his hard personality, "I have no intention aside from what is right. My faith guides me even in these banishing times and it's anchored in something very tangible to me now: Rheinfeld. Rheinfeld will be strong, because it is strong. I think today was a fair victory; if a strange one. Would not have wagered the Papacy would think that an attack like this could serve them good purpose. If anything, it appears to have beget comradery for their opposition. Baptism by fire and blood, unity; strange…"

Draza shook her head, "They are mad with power and greed; surely a pit of vipers as the depths of hell, what vengeance they wreak needn't be of sound mind. I do not have the tactical wiles of one of your upbringing and station, sir Templar, and yet it would seem even I would be more competent than the traitorous madmen and cowards of the Papacy in this war effort. Shame the pain there is to endure in the meanwhile."

Davian stares at Draza, somewhat perplexed, as he opens his mouth to speak, and doesn't immediately find words. "Cer...tainly. Right." He glances over his shoulder to the priest, who nodded that he had finished stitching his back. Finally the priest spoke, though his voice was gravelly, implying he spent most of his time screaming for one reason or another. "You must rest for the next few hours here. If you move too much you will snap the stitches and by the mercy of the Mother I have better things to do than tend to a Templar's wounds from pride." Davian's glance turns into a glare. "Do not accuse me so lightly of such vanity! I am aware of my place. It just so happens to be above most men." The priest scoffs. "By birth." Davian's eyes widen slightly as his shoulders tense up a little. "... Republican?" The priest nods wordlessly. "... Ah... My apologies then." The priest shakes his head and chuckles.

As the priest leaves the tent, the squire returns from tying up the prisoners and sees Draza. Startled, he bows humbly, causing Davian to raise an eyebrow inquisitively. "Draza, friend... Cooked much delicious... Treats." He still struggled with the common tongue, his accent thick, his syntax and enunciations poor. "Ah. You must be one of the many vagrants she spent time with! No wonder you show such promising civility befitting that of nobility, child."

"Mein Freund, Templar Davian gespeichert haben, nicht wahr? (My Friend, you saved Templar Davian, no?)" she held her arms out and gave the squire a hug across his leg, "Sie haben Komfort zu Rheinfeld gebracht, (You have brought Comfort to Rheinfeld)" she says before pulling off from him and waggled a finger at him, "
Sie möchten Süßigkeiten dann? Wir werden uns später sprechen; damit wir nicht die Mühe das Ruhe Magen der gute Herr Templar mit schweren Speichelfluss. (You want sweets then? We'll talk at that later; lest we bother the resting stomach of the good sir Templar with heavy salivation.)"

She giggle a bit at her joke before turning back to Davian, "This man has done you good honour by helping save your life. Oh, and I in my haste have yet to get his name, how incredibly rude."

There was a small look of self disgust as she turned back to the squire, "Guter Herr Freund, wie heißen Sie? Eine angemessene Einführung wäre schön. (Good Sir Friend, what's Your name? A proper Introduction would be splendid.)" She then looked at Templar Davian once more, "Oder vielleicht außerhalb, muss der edle Herr Templar seine Ruhe. (Or perhaps outside, the noble Sir Templar needs his Rest.)"

"Ulrich Drachmann." The squire replies simply, with a slight blush of embarrassment at being hugged. He pats her head lightly. Before he can turn to leave, Davian motions for him to wait and looks at Draza with an oddly gentle look in his eyes. "Ulrich. Stay here. Draza, I request that you leave us. I have a private matter to discuss with him."

Draza looks between the two, before turning fully to face Templar Davian, "Yes, Sir Templar. I shall endeavour not to travel too far in case you require my presence again," she says and gives another curtsy before stepping out of the tent for the time being. At her leaving, she says a final line as she crosses the tent to outside, "Es ist eine Freude, Ihre Bekanntschaft, Herr Drachmann zu machen. (It's a pleasure to make your acquaintanceship, sir Drachmann.)" She wouldn't intrude upon the want of privacy of Templar Davian, and so left herself outside, curious but not eavesdropping upon whatever conversation may follow. She could always use this time to check in on others, perhaps ask if any knew if Kasim had successfully rescued Templar Taigyn yet. Or what came of Laenaia. She hoped Kasim was capable of keeping Zin safe there as well, not that she really thought he wouldn't. She was a maiden and it'd be a blow to his pride to fail someone he could lay with.[/hr]

Aslo steps forward a bit to bring himself in beside Murderok. He looks to Florence, currently pocketing the gem, and listens to the idea proposed by the Minotaur. Reasonable for sure, but something bothered him. "Well that sounds like a fine deal then, and everyone is happy... But what happens to the artifacts afterwards?" sensing a pause, perhaps out of confusion he decided to clarify. "What I mean is, is that from what I've heard is that, that stone shrouds the rest of these artifacts from those who might seek to abuse them, and my question is, will the soul gem be able to both serve as you require it to, and shield the artifacts from detection?"

"No." Florence glances at Aslo, expressionless. "Though several hundred feet of blood will obscure any detection of them regardless... At least, so far as I am aware. As for those artifacts we do recover, they will be safe in Imperium hands."

"As I'm sure you thought they'd be safe the first time you confiscated them, no?" he said, while furrowing his brow. "I can't help but feel there was oversight in your plan then."

"And they were." Florence states, plainly, unflinchingly. "The apocalypse itself did not reveal their location."

"These spirits sought them out easily enough, and they had no reason to look for anything. Now you say the stone will no longer shield their aura, and you wish to bring that much attention to the Imperium? It won't just be Amanda, and it won't just be Sarah."

"Let them come. The Imperium needs this equipment to defend itself." He raises an eyebrow quizzically. "... The traitor will not dare come for us, and the empire can handle your the infamous abomination's wife. As for everything else... It is not in our way to hide in dark corners. Others have magical artifacts, such as the Mage's Guild, and the Goblin Holds, and Free Holds. We can manage our own assortment of trinkets from our own time period... Queen's Blade."

"Trinkets? Good to see they're likely to be properly handled. I pity the work your Mage's Guild has ahead of them." Florence doesn't seem to have any further remarks, though Nyla seems to look on with disapproval. Aslo catches the look from Nyla, but hardly acknowledges it. "If you've something to say feel free to say it, otherwise stuff your dirty looks for someone who seeks your approval."

"I could no more choose to banish my thoughts as you could choose to have them, Aslo." Nyla remarks with a chilled tone. "Taking these artifacts is a risk, that's true, but life is risk. The Imperium lacks the long standing mage traditions the other nations have. To compensate for this we need these artifacts. We can either die on our feet trying to preserve the Dream, or we can fade away silently, too afraid of the consequences of our actions to ever commit to any of them. If you could even--" Florence looks at her, and with a single motion of his hand, she ceases talking.

With a sigh Aslo slumps slightly. "Fine. If your course is set I'll wish you luck with it. You of course have my support should that risk not pan out." He chuckled lightly and smirked to Nyla and Florence "Such is the nature of our developing relationship."

"Of course." Florence replies, Nyla looking confused at him. "We'll speak of this later Nyla." With a sigh, Nyla nods.

"Then let's be done with this." he said with a small smile, and he moved back towards the door to await their departure.

Rheinfeld - Kasim

While Kasim was surprised by his failure to eviscerate the enemy, he was far more taken aback by the slight telepathic interaction he had with the assassin. He'd used the little trick of the mind to get beggars and urchins to help him find his way through new cities, and to get good deals from less reputable merchants, but he had never thought it might save his life. It was jarring to say the least, but Kasim was quick on his feet, metaphorically speaking. By the time Moira came over to look at his wound and help him up, he had already shoved the strangeness aside and decided that the assassin must have used some kind of cheap trick to hear him approaching. There had been nothing wrong with his chosen method of attack, of course, the enemy just got lucky. Bad luck just happened now and then, and not even the greatest hero in the world could predict it or avoid it.

The rationalizations were interrupted by Taigyn's short speech and the opportunity that came with it. Kasim flashed a grin at the leader of the Templars, pleased that his moment had come. "Of course the mercenaries weren't enough. They were expecting some help. Divine help, in fact, in the form of the angel that was in the barn and on their side." Kasim paused for emphasis, self-satisfaction written plain on his face, before stressing the operative word. "Was. I killed it. Arrow to the throat." He patted the bow hanging from his shoulder for further emphasis. "Damned thing was using some kind of wind magic and flew up in the air. It's a good thing I was here to deal with it, or that angel would have killed you, Davian, Alida, and probably everyone else here."

With that said, Kasim casually turned his attention to Moira, who was helping him stand due to his wounded leg. He had already accomplished a feat of heroism and bragged about it, so the day was lacking only one thing as far as he was concerned. "That invitation to get together for some drinking and vigorous fucking to celebrate our victory is still open, of course. I'm free tonight, what with the day being saved and all." Subtlety never had been one of Kasim's strong suits, of course.

Rheinfeld - Zin

Zin arrived in time to hear the smug bragging and classless proposition, and she couldn't help rolling her eyes and sighing as she joined the group near the armory. Kasim was one of those people she couldn't help but dislike on a basic level, so she felt no guilt whatsoever for popping his bubble a bit. She gave Taigyn a respectful bow of the head before giving him the further details of the story. "There were others involved in dealing with the angel. Sir Eric Vadlegarf of the Republic played an important part in the fight, and I believe you'll find a crossbow bolt in the angel to attest to that. However, many were killed in the fight, and Davian was injured. I got him to the medical area and his wounds are being treated. It was a victory, but a very costly one. I only hope that this sad day will have a happy ending by way of bringing the Templars and Republic together."

There was nothing more that needed to be said, so Zin did her best to hide a grimace and went to help the Templar woman with Kasim, who appeared to be wounded given the blood on his leg. She figured she could try patching the ass up with her healing magic so he wouldn't be a burden on anyone else to get back to the medics, but if that failed she'd do her part and help get him to the help he needed. Whether she liked him or not, he was one of the Queen's Blades and he had done some good today, so she would do what she could to make sure his name didn't end up on the list of the dead.

Aëyr
Free Holds — Devil's Children

But I thought I saw—

Aëyr stumbled, keeping her footing only because Fahim pulled her through behind the Renaltan line. She felt so cold, and her heart was beating so fast, making it difficult to concentrate. Thankfully, Fahim stayed true and lead her back out to the main hall. Her vision, before double, regained its single focus, and her body began to calm down, though she still felt a little off-balance.

Mind still a little elsewhere, she quickly retrieved Eüchia from the bystanders and turned towards the exit, attempting a feeble smile of confidence.

Had they failed their mission? Deimos was dead, true, but the succubus had escaped, and she was the true challenge of their mission. They had merely sealed the wound, the demonic infection raged on. Even had they caught her, however, she now doubted they'd have been able to take her on. Despite the boost of courage she'd gained from killing Deimos, she was still but an inexperienced assassin, not a combatant. Thinking back to the Renaltans who had followed Child to their deaths, she wondered. When is it necessary to give up hope? Not all battles were meant to be won.

And yet, with her long-lost companion by her side, she couldn't help but feel a little proud of what they had accomplished today. "Come, there is naught for us here."​

Liveria - Heaven's Haven
Andrea & Ceann

Letting out a sigh of relief she took a deep breath feeling some of the anxiety of fighting that demonic behemoth leave her, she even allowed herself to laugh with relief. She grinned, turning to look at Gabriel, "Us retreating or otherwise running away? Don't be foolish we would never have done so." Mostly because she doubted that any of them could have outrun the beast if it was determined to kill them all. She turned to Ceann, part of her intending to bring up her so-called bodyguards disrespectful behaviour when she saw Ceann was already moving away, bow still in hand but no arrow. "Ceann! What are you doing, you are not tracking that thing are you!" If Ceann did something to bring that creature back to kill them she'd flay her alive....

Ceann had walked back to the wolf who seemed to be more at ease hearing the sounds in the distance and the disappearance of the demon, she patted its flank gently and produced some dried meat from her rations. It wasn't much but any wounded animal needed to keep its strength up. She walked off and paused glancing back at Andrea and the others, frowning. "No? One of our comrades was flung into the forest I am going to look for her to see if she is alright, stay here if you think that is wise." Without a further word she went into the direction where Elrbetrt had been hurled off into, checking up on the blind knight it seemed she was fine and she offered the knight to guide her back to the others if she required it.

Shaking her head Andrea watched Ceann go, then paused and nodded, figuring out her behaviour, the demon creature was still out there, so better to make sure there would still be plenty of bodies between the two drow and it. Now Ceann's actions had a clear reason to Andrea why the drow ranger was acting like she was. She whistled, calling out for the wounded spider to return, she had spotted Ceann giving the wolf some meat from their rations. She clacked her tongue and glanced at the Orc from the corner of her eye, plans change and what she saw Ceann do was a good alternative as she produced some of her rations for the spider to gorge itself on while she tended to its wounds. Sweat forming on her brow as she concentrated on the magic and intent of her spell to heal the spiders wounds she glanced at Gabriel, "Should we also carry her?" A slight shake of her head at the female angels corpse.

Status
Not open for further replies.