Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abjaar Korsair - Renalta - Heart of Darkness

[*]

After the exchange with Cennick, Abjaar remained mostly silent. Even as James felt the insatiable urge to drone on and on and on about how he was clearly in the right and how everything he had done was in the name of good and decency. He even attempted to sway the most wronged of them, and promised to revivify Mikan's decapitated offspring. If not for the tension of the situation, he would have commented on the crude attempt at coercion, but even he could tell that Mikan was being affected by James' comments, although perhaps not in the way that the Illusionist intended.

Finally though, James commented on his status as the ;World's messiah.' Abjaar couldn't hold in a disdainful snort at the comment, before muttering under his breath. "You're no messiah. You are a petulant, naughty boy, and you aren't getting out of this place."

Dirge was the most interesting thing inside the Throne room. He and his sons were damn impressive looking fighters. He didn't fancy a scrap against Dirge with his broken ribs in particular, but he did see the promise in him. He wondered if there was a way to deal with Dirge without resorting to blows. From the reports he'd read on the first mission, the Orc had presented himself as a man of honour, and purpose. Perhaps by retooling those needs, he could be swayed to become an ally of the Queen's Blades?

Abjaar was about to speak when Zin beat him to the punch. Of all the people he expected to be of like minds…actually, it was least likely to be Cennick, but Zin had certainly made her disdain previously known. To think that they shared objectives was, in a way, amusing in its own right. He was happy to let the little Vampire take the lead in diplomatic talks. After all, by his sons' existence, Dirge was clearly not choosey about the race of his lovers.

…Sadly, Senior Sirloin himself interrupted the peace talks with a bolt out of the blue from his crossbow. The bolt would surely signal the end of peace talks, and the start of aggressive actions, so Abjaar readied his axe and examined the situation. Dean took the lead and stepped up to Dirge, leaving the two Half-orcs and the wolf. He could trust Cennick to occupy one of the Half-orcs, which left him one and a wolf that would be free to attack…somewhere. Mikan would likely deal with that, if no one else were able to. "Keep 'em alive, if you can. They're more use to us that way than lining James' coffin." A whole bunch of Orcs about to be thrust on the political stage. They could use a Warchief on the Blade's side.

Stepping up to the first Half-orc, he smirked as he hefted his Axe into a ready position, still keeping a dozen feet between himself and the orc-blood. He was confident he would win out in a clash of blows on equal footing, but the dull throb of his ribs told him that the contest may be a little closer if he charged in without thinking. Instead, he unfurled his chains and swung them at the half-orc, aiming to wrap around his legs and pull him off balance. He didn't want to rush into anything yet, not with a Wolf roaming around that could hop on his back, if he over extended.

Aëyr
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

The battle had begun in full, and as was perhaps to be expected, they were brutally outmatched. She could only hope the other group would break through without delay—unfortunately, she could see herself that that would not be the case.

The sand shifting under her feet as she moved reminded her of a time long past. In those days, she had persevered with little hope of survival. Not unlike now.

Aëyr kept the four scouts close together, a dozen yards from the fighting, and pointed to the hesitant flying creatures. Four crossbows, four targets. "Fire for the head or chest," she suggested—doubting that their bolts would be able to tear their wings enough to take them out of the sky. She too took careful aim with her sling, trying to account for their movements, and slung a stone at the head of the furthest of the four.[/hr]

Liveria - Ancestral Bonds
Laenaia shivered at the interaction between Andrea and her...pet. Perhaps it was her bias speaking and she would be fine if the interaction was between something smaller and anything not a Drow, or perhaps it was that nibbly feeling that the Drow Priestess would say the same thing to anyone if she could. Nevertheless, it's a disturbing thought as something more important was happening that needed her full attention.

Nevertheless, it looked like she would run distraction once more, although the Agent of Wrath was very likely to be stronger than her in this regard. Should she risk trying to influence the Agent? Probably not. As for cover... Laenaia prepared her own spell and waited for the archers (plus Andrea) took their shot and start their descend before creating a column of shadow around the rope in order to obscure the non-flyers from view as they lower themselves to the ground. She could get herself down faster with the use of her Flash Step, so she's pretty much save from being attacked while using the rope.​

Kingdom of Tuleria - Toorg

Toorg was not too keen travelling underground once more, as an equivalent to a human child, Toorg was not especially okay with dark areas as pitch black as they would come. He ducked his head down so that he would not hit his noggin on the roof of the tunnel, following his companions and the mages that were making the tunnel itself. He didn't speak, not finding the time to air his thoughts to his companions, thoughts of "Toorg don like dark" or "Toorg want to go home", preferring to take a brave poker face, and march forward. It was then Arkos told them of the burrowing creature, and Toorg smashed his giant fists together. "Toorg smash diggy duggy worm to a pulp!" Toorg stated, digging his feet into the ground, ready for the creature, his arms opened wide and ready for a "Tree on Digging Creature" Beatdown. His rather docile but child-like smile replaced with a determined scowl, that was surprisingly threatening, even for the big log to muster. "East? Toorg will give a clobberin' " He stated once more.​

Protector Yuri
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

As the fight began, got down on one knee, shield firmly planted before her. If any of the demons broke through and charged, she'd have plenty of time to get back on her feet. Until then, she didn't want to get in the way of the archer's arrows. Part of her felt that she should in the front lines alongside Otto and the Tulerians, but at the same time, if the archers were killed, no one would be able to stop the flying demons. She would stay with Aeyr and the scouts as planned, and could mourn the fallen afterwards. With eyes focused on the fight, she realized the burrowing creature was gone, though she hadn't noticed where it had gone. Most likely after the burrowing mages, but just in case she laid her sword hand against the sand in the off chance she would be able to feel movement if the beast came after her group.

Sonia, Gremlock, and Armerza
Amazon/Imperium Mission

As Fahim dealt with the Agent, Armerza uncovered the corpse of Minstrol. She stooped to heave the rather gruesome looking remains, free of its impromptu burial, laying their comrade on the ground, behind one of the larger stones: No one else needed to see what remained. Whispering softly, "I wish it had not come to this," the Dwarven warrior rummaged through the thief's belongings quickly, retrieving the Blood vial, a pair of smoke bombs, the grapnel and rope, and the empty sack. Armerza tucked the vial and the smoke bombs into separate, hard leather pouches on her belt, before stuffing the grapnel and cord into the sack.

As she worked, she listened to the spirit, nodding and following her words. It struck her that a training ground, near an archive site was...peculiar. Yet, it was what it was. As she rose, she smiled to the spirit at the mention of their final trial. That smile faded when Veira made mention of magic ahead.

The Imperium didn't like magic.

"Oh hells..." came in a grunt as Armerza jogged to catch up when Fahim opened the door.

"Double hells." She quickly looked over her companions; Fahim was a worthy warrior, impressively hard to damage and strong as well. Sonia, Gremlock and Viera were all ranged combatants, each having their peculiar benefits. Except that Veira, perhaps the most offensively talented, had used much of her power already. Recalling their schools of magic, learned while on their way to the Temple, Armerza turned to Gremlock, "Quickly now, I need you to fortify my armour," she paused, looking to Fahim, "Would that help you?"

"No." Fahim replies curtly and quickly: He seemed somewhat intimidated by the golem.

Something pressed at her mind about that, but at the moment, she ignored it. Turning to Sonia and Veira, "I need you two to do what you can against the Golem, but try not to hit me, or Fahim!"

"There is something to note," Sonia spoke up. "A source of magic from across the room," she gestured to a pile of documents nestled comfortably on the far end of the arena. Atop the papers and clearly visible were the five, distinct soul gems.

She was just turning back to Gremlock, to ask him to do something after he had fortified her armour, when Sonia halted her, she looked back, hurriedly questioning, "What do you mean, source? Source of what, for what?"

"I mean there is magic pouring from the stones. A source of magic for I don't know what." She paused and looked to Armerza, "Why do you think there would be a source of magic in an Imperium temple?"

Armerza's face scrunched within the helm, aggravation at this pointless distracti-her face opened suddenly, realization hitting her like a sack of bricks...or like the ceiling of a spherical room. "Wait, no magic from the golem itself?"

"None. That I can feel," she corrected.

Her gaze shifted back to the Golem, nearly 75 meters away. "Good." She looked back, looking everyone over again, before speaking once more. "Sonia, I need you and Veira to circle wide to the right, go for the magic source. That Golem needs some kind of power, right? Either that, or find the documents we came here for. Do not take unnecessary risks."

She appeared a breadth from raising her voice in protest but stopped to consider something and held her tongue. The strategy was perfectly sound. She frowned in quiet compliance as she moved to the left with Veira too on her heels. She looked back to talk to the fellow mage, "If the dwarf dies, flee to a corner. You will be harder to hit with the chains. " Then she looked more accusingly at the dwarf and muttered a curse just loud enough for Veira to hear, "Dammit."

As Sonia and Veira started moving, she started turning to Gremlock, then halted with a jerk, and switched her focus to the shapeshifter, "Fahim, no? Why not?"

Fahim, in a single moment, turned his hand into a knife in front of her eyes. "Liquid." He hardens it himself, so it shines in the limited light--like a real blade would. "Solid." It returns back to being a hand within moments of it having changed in the first place. "Reinforcing it will only make it harder for me to use it."

For the second time in just these past few seconds, Armerza's face glowed with ideas. "Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to hear." She quickly turned back to Gremlock, her expression turning mischievous. "Are you up for a challenge, good Doctor?"

The goblin returned the expression and said "Why yes, yes I am!" As he said that, he concentrated magical power on Armerza's armor, making it more resistant to blows, and protecting her better. He then took aim at the golem, though did not fire just yet. Part of him was worried about the golem, surely something like this would not have such an obvious weakness. Still, he certainly didn't have a better plan, and the nice part about it: The dwarf would take the golem's ire, and not the goblin.

Pausing to block Gremlock's aim with a hand above the barrel, Armerza looked to Gremlock, "The challenge isn't to poke ruddy useless holes in a Golem. The challenge, is to fortify it's left leg, as much as you can. If this doesn't work, low risk of bad consequences. If it does, we gain a massive advantage." She checked Sonia and Veira's progress, and moved to put herself, between the Golem, and the two mages. "Cast and move Gremlock, keep between Fahim and I, and Sonia and Veira." Her right hand bore her axepick, wishing she hadn't lost the Rosh under all of the rubble, but you had to make due with what you have. She retained her shield in her left, though the energy collected from her fall had been dispersed, when she released the shield to turn stone in finding Minstrol.

"Fahim, you won't die in one hit, right?" She grinned with excitement, this was a challenge, the kind she was good at. "If that Golem makes a break for the other two, we need to stop it. I will try to take the brunt of it." She walked swiftly, getting to the mid space between the mages and the Golem, finally, addressing their foe, "Honorable Spirit, I am Armerza Gilkak. I wish for you to indulge my two queries: Who are you, and what are you? So that I may speak of your valour, your nobility, and dedication to the Eternal Empress and Florence, when I debrief them after we complete this mission."

Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough in The Heart of Madness

Cennick walked at the rear of the group, staring in what might be construed as amusement at the ever degrading state of the stone halls and the omnipresent rambling. He regarded the mad magician's ranting with mixed feelings. On one hand it was the ravings of a lunatic, aimed to taunt and enrage. On the other hand, it came off like the frenzied justifications of a criminal being led to the gallows. James' motivation still alluded the sheriff, as far as it seemed he wanted to be confronted; The meager resistance he had presented more a plot to slow the party down rather than actually stop them from foiling his vague plan. Unless he was very sure of the abilities of Dirge and his brood to stop the Blade's once and for all the magician had essentially signed his own death warrant willingly.

When they finally reached the pinnacle of destruction that was the throne room, complete with Dirge and his abominable children. Cen looked upon the half-orcs with disdain and pity, wretched creatures brought back through the power of infernal magics then presumably forced to fight. Why else would Dirge go through all that effort to bring them back if they were to die right after? It presented a fairly interesting situation and a good bit of bargaining fodder. Alas, it seemed that any attempt at parley was for naught as good ol' Murd decided go right for the kill and... miss. Presumably. Cen couldn't fathom what he would be shooting at otherwise. After a strange attempt at flirting by the vampire the others squared up against the foe. Abjaar on son, Dean on Dirge and by elimination Cen on other son. He stared across and tried to think of something clever to say, instead mumbling, "I'm sorry you're going to have to die like this." and preparing himself for the attack.

"...Screaming, ever changing, rapid, chaotic, unintelligible noise. No limit, no point, no purpose, no rhythm, no Song. Guttural, pointless, violent, inescapable destruction. They are to Us, the ever consuming entropy: Absorbing them would destroy Us, ignoring them would destroy Us. They outnumber and outpower Us. Therefore Our only choice is to trust the Deaf to hear Us." -Page 7.

Kingdom of Renalta - Heart of Madness

Murderok's aim was true as his bolt impacted the unstable roof. As the bolt came tumbling down, so did a single piece of debris from the ceiling, blowing its way through the large and extravagant throne cleanly and revealing a hallway into a dark, circular room. There was no ability to discern a great deal of detail beyond, but it was clear that anyone could simply bolt down the hallway now--assuming they could bypass the enemies in front of them. Dirge whistled appreciatively, then turned to move in and engage. He hesitates seeing Zin, and for a moment it almost seemed like she had him. However, he reacts to the sounds of the two half-orcs beside him howling, along with the dire wolf. "I cannot ignore my duty for flesh or coin, woman." Dirge mutters under his breath, though it was clear from the way he gingerly avoided looking at her that he was particularly vulnerable to her influences.

As Abjaar engages a half-orc, throwing his chains. The ugly looking thing manages to block one of his chains, though the other manages to strike its mark around the orc's left leg. A loud snap follows as the cold metal delivers its whiplash, and leaves a rather vicious looking, dark mark behind. The skin around the half-orc's left thigh bursts and froths, the hook on the chain having buried itself a small ways into the cretin's flesh. As a little blood rolls down to his knee, a sanguine look comes into his eyes as he grabs the chain and pulls, sending Abjaar off balance, though he managed to remain on his feet. Dirge and the Dire Wolf take notice, bolting into action as the Dire Wolf remains just behind Dirge. As Dean moves to intercept, the Dire Wolf shifts its attention and weaves around Dirge, leaping up and attacking Dean. Though Dean manages to prevent himself from falling back, the Dire Wolf does manage to clamp its maw firmly around his hammer-wielding arm: The two become locked into a duel.

As Abjaar regains his balance, he would notice Dirge's large warhammer swinging for him. He manages to heft his axe in its way in time and takes a step back, instead feeling the force of the hammer collide with his weapon and nearly rip it straight out of his hands. Still, aside from possibly a wheeze at the feeling of his cracked rib complaining about the movements he was making, he survived. As he recovers, the half-orc had managed to hobble-run over, and was already swinging its mace at him. He stumbles back, the mace only superficially making contact by brushing against his chest. Though the half-orc did finally connect with a final strike with his shield, it only manages to shove Abjaar back a couple feet, as the half-orc had put most of its strength in its mace and the shield blow seemed to be merely a way to get a bit of distance between himself and Abjaar.

Whilst all of this was going on, the last half-orc had charged after Cennick. He howls a second time, then laughs, as his mace connects with Cennick's blade. "I AM ORAN!" He attempts to shove Cennick with his shield, only for Cennick to ignore the pain of the blow to his chest and remain on his feet. Though he can't overpower the half-orc, his training allowed him to easily shove it back through other means so he could properly pull his weapon out. Oran tilts his head in confusion. "Last time I fought a Queen's Blade, he ended me with a luck shot. You should go home, human." The half-orc seemed to hesitate in attacking again. The way that he stood, with more caution than his sibling: He knew something, even if he didn't want to admit it.

James chuckles as Dean struggles with the dire wolf on his arm. "That vampire woman still thinks I can be saved... This amuses me. Dean, you know better... Tell her that my sins are unforgivable! Convince yourself that a life for a life is just! Do it! I know I have!" There was another groan in the background, this time coming from the newly revealed hallway. "Oh my! Waking up so early..." James' voice could be heard both around them, and coming from the hallway. Mikan had been staring at the revealed hallway the entire time, though she had unsheathed her daggers. There seemed to be a moment where she would have abandoned them all for it, a small look of fury in her eyes before it was drowned and repressed by the cold look from before.

If she was younger, she would have gone for it.

"If only I had the excuse of being sixteen again." Mikan mutters this quietly before slipping past Murderok and Zin. "Help Dean!" She spits out quickly as she bolts in front of Dirge. He scoffs at the sight, though she does manage to get between him and Abjaar. "You should let him die." Mikan shrugs and ducks to avoid a back swing from Dirge's warhammer as he gets it back into position. "Could say the same to you." Dirge's look goes from slight amusement to sorrow, as his grip around his warhammer tightens. "I know."

Zin could feel something strange in the chamber behind the throne. It felt as though a few souls had left the room, and one soul had entered it, through a cost to magic that far exceeded anything she had ever felt before. Something that she figured should be beyond even the capabilities of James. He would have no magic left to escape them or fight them once they reached him. Assuming, of course, that it wasn't all an elaborate illusion...

Imperium/Amazons - The Dream of Empire

The golem watched as the group plotted and planned aloud. It even seemed irritated as Fahim took to the middle ground with Armerza. "I have been here so long, I do not remember who I am... Though what I am is a protector and servitor to this place." It continues attempting to move towards them, and it seemed to be gaining speed: Each moment that it moved, it seemed to become more accustomed to its body again. "To this place, and to the Imperium that General Florence died trying to protect. Died, many ages ago. Must be dead, now... I am no star dreaming fool. I know that time continued to pass... I was alone here, while it passed... Save for the occasional idiot who stumbled blindly into this place." There was a sound, that quickly grew louder as the golem spoke. Fahim glances at the walls and pats Armerza's shoulder to get her attention: Thousands of insects, descending down the walls. Thousands upon thousands. Armerza recognized the cockroach-shaped creatures as being flesh eaters, that would swarm Dwarves in hordes in dark tunnels and eat them alive.

"I really wish I could spare you this fate. However, you would have to prove that Florence is over ten thousand years old, in order for me to believe you." The golem jumps a couple steps ahead and swings out one of its arms, the short chains on it swinging out for Armerza. Fahim raises a limb and blocks it to the best of his abilities, though his arms broke and turned into a liquid underneath the sheer force of it. The golem then tosses him aside like a toy, sending him flying into a wall near Veira and Sonia. He falls down, a couple of the insects on him. Fahim panics and rips them off, crushing them. They seemed content attempting to devour him--even if he wouldn't digest within them. "As for your Eternal Empress... I know not who this is. I live for the Republic, not for whatever mockery you seem to know in this time." As the golem continues prattling on, Veira glances to Sonia and uses her wind magic to lift and move Sonia rapidly towards the artifacts. She deposits her merely a few feet from both the scrolls and the soul stones. "Work quickly Sonia!" Veira yells as she looks to Fahim. He was still reforming himself physically, as the impact against the wall was enough to kill most people. Veira starts pulling the still-reforming Fahim away from the wall, towards the artifacts, though the insects were about to reach the floor.

The golem seemed to hesitate to attack Armerza. After all, it had witnessed what Armerza was capable of with her shield.

Still, the Queen's Blades weren't doomed yet. At least that explained why they didn't stumble on any bodies...

Kingdom of Liveria - Ancestral bonds

Goran licks his chops and glances up to Kasim. He responds telepathically, only to Kasim. "Father's side. I think. I had four children with two different women. One of them ended up in slavery, sacrificing their freedom to spare someone else. You might expect me to call that stupid, but honestly, the Free Holds needed more selfless souls in it. I'm assuming it's ripping itself apart with this demon affair." He sniffs the air and wrinkles his snout in disgust. This time he telepathically speaks to everyone in the room. "All these chambers and not a single bath house." Zoe chuckled, and aimed down the sights of her crossbow at the third orc. In a single moment, their attacks cleanly come through in synchronization. The three orcs are dropped dead with ease, though the one hit with the bolt of darkness stumbled forward in surprise before he died wordlessly.

Gabriel grabs Goran and descends first, quickly. He lands on the ground without incident and puts the decrepit looking dire wolf down, then looks around the room. There were two entryways into the room, and it was about the same size as the prisoner room from earlier. There was no cover anywhere in the room--no stone slabs this time. As Gabriel summons his weapons and examines his adversaries, the wolf telepathically relays the sounds within the room to those above. The Agent of Wrath was, indeed, here. He claps his hands slowly: He was eight feet tall, like the orcs, but with deep red skin. He was covered head to toe in black plate mail, with a vicious looking chain-whip wrapped around his waist. It appeared to be twenty feet in length, and it had hooks on each side: Allowing it to rip through flesh, presumably. Four orcs surrounded him, keeping him safe from harm, as they were armed with axes and shields.

"I told the orcs that Liveria would attack first." He motions to Gabriel and chuckles. "Here you are, validating what I've said. Thank you... Thank you, for showing why Liverians can't be trusted." He unsheathes his whip and then pulls a horn off one of the orcs. He brings it to his lips and uses it, a loud sound reverberated throughout the cavern system. Behind Helénē, at the one entryway into the chamber above where most of the group still resided, the sounds of orcs roaring and running through the tunnel network towards them could be heard. A few seconds after that, the sounds of war drums being beaten on, rang throughout the area: The very rhythm going though the ground. Behind the Agent of Wrath, a large, nine foot tall orc steps through one of the entryways. This was, presumably, one of the leaders of their bigger tribes. The Agent laughs, then licks his lips hungrily. "NOW, THE LAND OF THE PIG BLOODED NOBLES SHALL BATHE THE ORCS IN BLOOD, AND USHER IN A NEW ERA!"

Zoe glances around the room as she reaches into her cape and pulls out a smoke grenade. "Of course it's a trap." She tosses the smoke grenade down, watching it burst into smoke and making a cloud a few feet in size. It would give the group sufficient cover to get to a position away from the rope safely once they got down, but not much beyond that. "We've freed fifty slaves to get killed and watch thousands of Liverians become new slaves." Quickly, she gets to reloading his crossbow. "Brilliant fucking planning." Finishing reloading, she motions down into the hole. "Go! We can't hold two positions at once, and if we're going to die for your infantile delusions of chivalry, then at least die doing something useful!"

Two could go down at a time, it seemed. Any more than that, and they would risk falling several feet to their deaths instead...

Goblin Holds - Antiqua Scientiam

Unamo walks over to Child, carefully, and gently rests her hands on Child's shoulders. "Shh... It's okay. It's over." Carefully, she gets Child to sit down. "Breath slowly. Calm yourself." The shaman was being unusually gentle, much like a mother towards their offspring, in trying to calm her down. She glances towards the imp, and watches as it looks around at them with paranoia and fear. Perhaps it had a right to be scared... Though that was not within Unamo's prerogative at this time.

The voice that spoke to Maeven seemed to confer to her a feeling of joy. Then, in an instant, a flash of white hot, burning pain: A migraine ripping through her mind as blood starts rolling from her nose and ears. The building they were in starts to shake and shudder, the mirrors in the room became blank as they felt the building lift up into the sky. No, wait, not a building...

Aslo would be the first to be able to peer out the front doors. They were now standing an extra twenty feet from the ground, and beneath them, there was a pair of legs, though they had a strange, metallic, cylindrical construction. There was no sign of knees, instead, the entire length of each "leg" was bendable, much like a metallic tentacle. The feet were made out of a solid alloy, which Aslo also couldn't recognize, as it seemed to shift texture and colour to match the environment--the foot molded to the ground, rather than forcing the ground to mold to the foot. Esyllt and Unamo would both momentarily hear an ear splitting screech: Akin to gears grinding against each other, but with a distinctly human intonation. It sounded like dozens of screams, interlaced atop one another, but it faded as quickly as it came.

Still, as the entity they stood within finally stabilized, the mirrors returned from blank nothingness to a view of the world around them: They became one way mirrors. Outside, it was metal. Inside, it was as if they were standing on nothing. Maeven, meanwhile, would be able to discern that she had a pair of thirty feet long "limbs" which could extend out from her "body." They, too, were like the cylindrical limbs underneath her form. The voice from earlier speaks, with a masculine pitch, though it was monotonous tone. This time, everyone inside could hear it. "Automaton Reconnaissance Golem Mobile Operations Centre online. Systems partially functioning. Objective: Destroy demons." The wall on the left side of the two rooms changes, its vision zooming a mile away in the city. Somehow, it was able to see anywhere within the city, so long as a structure remained standing in that area. There was a small, dark city block, with all the entities that the imp had mentioned earlier. "ARGMOC under control of entity... Foreign, yet, Mechanist. Entity named, Maeven." It pauses. "Other entities, foreign. Destruction protocol, advised. Returning function... Other entities, allies of the controller. Protocol advisement, cancelled. Control granted to entity. Secondary functions, enabled."

A staircase forms inside to the other floors. They, took, were made out of the reflective materials, though there was no sign of the 'secondary functions' that it listed. "No secondary armaments remaining. ARGMOC was stripped and abandoned. Entire city, abandoned. Ground support will be required." It seemed to almost show a hint of remorse, though it equally seemed limited in how it could even express emotion at all. "Recommended, attacking of demons. One primitive weapon, ancient tribal. Tulerian. Threat level: Zero." It did, however, focus the 'display' on the left walls to one of the last entities in the demonic group: The shape shifter that the imp had mentioned earlier. "Target, extremely dangerous. Mechanist golem, advanced division, assassin archetype. Abandoned project." It was a human, with pale skin, long black hair, and a strange looking sword from a foreign land. "Recommend: Entities come up with plan to disable or slow it down. Destroying it is not possible with current weapons. Forced retreat likely possible. Other entities, can be dispatched with efficiency." Maeven would feel herself gain control of the ARGMOC. "Uplink established. Maeven is in control. Control can only be maintained for a few minutes. Thirty, at the most."

Kingdom of Tuleria - Unto the Breach

Underground, it was clear that they were making good progress. Yet, the group was left feeling unsettled. The underground creature grew closer and closer until it burst through the east side of the tunnel and crashed into Toorg. It tries to use its momentum to push Toorg backward through the sand, but instead of being pushed through the malleable wall, Toorg would feel himself hit some hard roots. Quar's staff lit with a bright green light as he cast his spell to harden one of the walls, illuminating everyone in green. It was a giant scorpion, though this one still had its tail, unlike the other two. One of its pincers had embedded itself deeply into Toorg's side: It chitters in irritation and attempts to sting Toorg, but given the limited space in the area, its slow attack instead hits the sand wall behind Toorg. The venom might not even affect him, but taking that chance was likely not in their best interest.

The buccaneer mages look around at the group in panic. "DO SOMETHING! We're gonna burst out of here, but not without you lot!" Quar looks between his two comrades. "TOORG, HUG IT TIGHTLY! Arkos, use your big strong hands and FUCK IT UP!" His staff glows as he prepares another spell, though this one was taking him a little longer. Arkos could feel and recognize that it was a spell to do with nature.

Above, on the surface, the Agent of Lust hesitates and glances back in the direction of the underground group. She abandons the fight and bolts in that direction, pulling out her whip.

As the Imperial Scouts and Aeyr attack, they would find in dismay that only two of the Imperial scouts hit their marks--leaving two of the aerial creatures alive. Those remaining two descend upon the back group with surprising speed, and one grabs one of the Imperial Scouts as the others dive onto the sand to avoid it. It soars up into the skies at over a hundred miles per hour, then tosses the Imperial Scout off into the air. He screams as he plummets, and while he does bounce after hitting the ground, the loud sound of several bones shattering was enough to inform the group that the limp body held no life in it, as it rolled down the sand dune.

The other swoops down for Aeyr, but veers away at the last second as Yuri swings for it. Yuri only manages to hit empty air, but it was enough to cause the creature to second guess its attack and evade instead. The two remaining flying creatures reform and keep moving together, erratically, attempting to evade further ranged attacks by the remaining archers as they got back onto their feet. It was difficult to predict what angle they would attack from next, but it seemed they were being wary of Yuri's protection for the group.

The fighting between the buccaneers & Otto with the demon forces was fierce, though they were losing. Otto and one of the buccaneers managed to cut off one of the doom guard's legs, sending it toppling to the ground, but the remaining doom guard and humanoid demons outnumbered the Tulerians. They were being cut down, and as half of one body sailed overhead of Aeyr and the Imperials, it was quickly clear that their distraction force was not going to win. Still, the remaining Buccaneers didn't flinch: They kept fighting to the last.

Armerza - Amazon/Imperium Mission

A pang of regret passed through her focused mind, when the Guardian stated it could no longer remember who it was. As it continued, however, the words sunk in, past the thrill of the fight, and into her awareness, It believes that Florence is dead! She blinked, of course it thought Florence was dead! It was a guardian of this Temple, it would have had to have been here before the cataclysm! I wouldn't have known that the Imperium survived! At the weight that she could barely feel through her armour, she blinked about, and saw the devourer cockroaches, "Reichzulsigs!" She cursed the foul insects by a common name for them in her own language.

As the Guardian spoke again and jumped, Armerza began to shout, to interrupt the spirit, but her shout turned to a cry of surprise at the leaping jump. She swung up her shield, braced with the guard of her Axepick, to help absorb the impact, even as she angled the face of the shield to redirect the force of the blow....that never came. Fahim using his height to intercept the attack, at his own peril. She watched his body fly for but a moment, before she looked back to the Spirit, her eyes fixed with determination, as she took a breath, and roared, "ENOUGH!" She glared at the Golem's form, and slightly lowered her guard. "You say you wish to spare us this fate, but you have already seen proof of our claims! The men that arrived here, were Imperium Soldiers. I know their armour and weapons have changed, they've adapted to modern advancements, but are not the crests, the emblems, the rank insignia the same as you recall?"

Something recalled in her mind, and she pivoted to Gremlock, "You still have that missive, right?" It was something her mother had drilled into her: Know your allies, and know their equipment. There would be times when a man might forget what they had themselves, or when it may be of critical importance. "Come! Let me see it, do not activate it!" She turned back to the Guardian, "I too, do not wish to destroy you. You are far too honorable to be sacrificed for naught but your lack of awareness of the outside world. I request that you see this missive for yourself, to verify that is of Imperium origin." Armerza let a smile break through her determination, "I would much prefer to have you as my ally."

Last edited by a moderator:
Liveria - Kasim

For just a scant moment, Kasim was frozen with pained indecision. Should he hurry down the hole to join the battle and reap the glory, or should he stand guard and let the others go first? A hero of legend would swoop down and end the mess quickly by slaying the demon, and Kasim had always wanted to be a hero of legend. But he wasn't one. He knew that. He was just a man with a bow and a boatload full of confidence and arrogance, but he wanted to be more than that. He'd told Helénē, what seemed ages ago now, that he would become a better person for her sake. Did he truly have the courage to follow through on that oath?

Before he could consciously make the decision, Kasim found himself nocking another arrow and stepping past the others, away from the hole and toward the sound of incoming orcs. There was little time to think about it, so he started calling out orders to give the others direction and hopefully avoid arguing over what they ought to do. "I'll go last. Rayvon, you go down first, then Helénē, then Andrea, then Zoe. Killing that agent of Wrath might save our asses, so do whatever you can to make that happen. Andrea, your spider should be able to get down there without getting in the way of the others descending, so have it get down there quick. All of you help me fight off anything coming our way until it's your turn to go, then go as fast as you can, don't worry about me." He couldn't help a quick brag, nor could he help the cocksure grin that came with it, but there was an underlying thread of uncertainty in his voice that even he could hear. "I've faced worse odds and survived. This shouldn't be any trouble at all." Kasim kept his eyes and bow trained on the source of the noise from rushing orcs, ready to fire at the first one to come his way.

Renalta - Zin

With her one ploy used and failed, Zin let her vampiric glamour fade and stopped trying to catch Dirge's eye. He was clearly experienced enough to avoid looking at her, so there was no use trying that any more. However, it left her with few options. "Fuck." Zin shocked herself with her own use of rude language, but she got over it through the expedient of having no time to worry about proper behavior. Ignoring Mikan's order, she instead quickly tried to cast an illusion of invisibility on herself. Without bothering to make sure it succeeded, she moved to skirt around the battle and head for the hall revealed by Murderok's attack.

Zin knew she was probably being extremely irrational, but she'd decided she had to be the one to end this damned mission. She was the only one who had actually been willing to listen and try to understand what James was doing. None of the others wanted anything but to kill him and go home, the glorious conquering heroes covered in the blood of yet another enemy. Peace had failed. Coercion had failed. She had one final, desperate plan to stop this from ending in more bloodshed, but that required reaching James himself. She ran as fast as she could, hoping that her invisibility spell had worked and that none of the orcs would be able to stop her from getting to her goal.

Kasim is standing rear guard for the others and gave them orders on how they should proceed.

Zin dropped her vampire seduction tactics, tried to make herself invisible with illusion magic and is heading for the revealed hall and James.

Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough in The Heart of Madness

Again Cen faced a larger opponent and again he managed to barely hold him off. The sharp pain of the shield blow was uncomfortably familiar, but easily brushed aside. The sudden stop in combat however was not so much of common feeling and took the sheriff by surprise. The half-orc's capability to hold himself back in the heat of combat was admirable, if not unusual, and opened up a brief avenue for diplomacy. The admission that he was ended by a Blade gave way to to a potential fear of a second death and Cen took full advantage of this.

"Oren! You know full well how far we've come and why we can't turn back now! If you so wish to not be ended again I implore you to put down your arms and leave. No harm will come to you if you do so."

"Well now." Oran seemed somewhat amused by the prospect of surrender. "If only it was that easy. I'm bound to my father, and he is bound to that purple robed fool." His grip on his mace tightens. "I'm afraid you'll just have to defeat me."

The sheriff sighed, "If how it has to be." Then suddenly lashed out, feinting a stab at Oren's shoulder before suddenly changing course and slashing at his legs.

Aëyr
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

Seeing the succubus leaving the battlefield, Aëyr felt to urge to chase her down—whether to protect her allies or for revenge, even she could not tell. It was too risky with those two flyers still bearing down on them. They must be dealt with.

"You two—" she started, designating two scouts. "Keep firing, try to draw them to us." She turned to the third surviving scout. "Hold your fire until they swoop in to attack. We won't miss." They couldn't afford to keep shooting blindly, hoping for a chance shot—but they also couldn't afford to be distracted by the flyers forever. If she waited until they committed to another attack, perhaps they could make a cleaner shot. Of course, it was putting them at risk.

The selkie finally addressed Yuri, who had already saved her life once. "I release you to your own will—if you leave, we shall pose a more attractive target. Make your choice quickly," she said, speaking quickly.

She orders to imperial scouts to continue shooting down the remaining two flyers, hoping to draw them in, so that she and the third scout can kill them when they get close.
[/hr]

Sonia - Amazon / Imperium
Each tribulation throughout the journey had been a test of one form or another with each success leading them closer to their ultimate goal. It had only just now struck her how incredibly irksome it was that the guide had allowed them to progress through the trials only to reveal at the final moment that she had never intended to allow them the documents in the first place. Regardless, Sonia now found herself before the prize and five additional soul gems. Quickly she secured the documents and the gems as well before using magic to tinker with the strange stones. She did not share Armerza's outlook that the golem could be swayed and so surmised that using her magic to shatter or nullify the gems might ease their predicament, a strategy based solely off the fact that the soul gems were sharing a room with the mechanist abomination. Immediately she went to work trying to dismantle the gems, starting with the red, all the while praying that one of the gems would destroy the spiritual bitch that caused this.

Kingdom of Tuleria – Unto the Breach
Arkos Cernunnos

The druid's face is sprayed with sand as the beast bursts forth into the tunnel and he instinctively raises his arm to shield his eyes from the granules. Perhaps that was what led to Toorg taking injury. He grits his teeth, he should have made trap spikes or a shield wall. He curses his slow thinking as, with the infuriating ones incessant droning spurring him on, he charges forth to assault the scorpion, keeping low, and intending to deliver a series of rabbit punches to its thorax. Inside, part of him tears at having to destroy the creature, but he knew it was long destroyed by demon taint, it was just a husk that remained.

Kingdom of Liveria – Ancestral Bonds
Rayvon Krayvitch
Rayvon weathers Zoe's rebuke as she tries to assess the situation. Concern for Gabriel ceases her, knotting in her gullet, but still her eyes dart for encroaching enemies. They were coming. She bites the inside of her cheek, knowing they would be fighting on two fronts soon enough and the best way to end this would be to chop off the head. Still, she felt she needed to be down at Gabriel's side, and she needed to be down there to defend Andrea when she arrived there. Kasim took any blame off her shoulders as he spoke, "Perhaps between Gabriel and I, we'll draw enough attention that those down below won't pay much mind to the rest coming down." She looks to Haruuk and inwardly curses. She might be abandoning the dog to its death, but she could not carry it down the ladder. "Haruuk, wächter (guard)," pointing to the clearing before the ladder, intending the wolf to defend the area with its life. If nothing else, the last of them down would have at least some protection from the wolf. With that, she descends down. As soon as she touches the floor, her shield is raised once more in a defensive manner and her angelic sword is raised to bear as she moves in to assist Gabriel.[/hr]

Goblin Holds - Group Work

As he approached the door he would be slightly shocked to find they had lifted off the ground. This construct was a wonder. Aslo would regret having to turn it over to the Goblin's and it would also serve as a very intimidating threat should the Holds ever be crossed. He shuddered to think on the uses the Madheart could produce with this given the chance, and he wondered if it wouldn't be better to see this destroyed at the end. Aslo would find himself startled with the voice ringing through the building. He then approached the mirrors displaying the city around them and whistled at the grandeur of it all. He looked to Unamo with a grin on his face. "Suppose it's a lucky thing we got Maeven on the throne." At the mention of the girl's name he spared a glance over to her, and wished that he hadn't. She was not looking very pretty at all, and he could only imagine she was in considerable pain leave alone the state her condition would put the others in. He sighed realizing that despite this considerable advantage his survival would still hinge upon those around him being able to keep their composure. He didn't like his odds on that.

Esyllt was forced to cover her ears, lest the cries not split them. She too noticed Maeven's condition, though she did not speak. Omens of spirits had haunted her ever since they'd first sought shelter, but this was the first touch they seemed to have on the physical world and it was not pretty.

At the mention of her name the briefest flicker of a smile registers across her face. It was hard to focus as her mind tries to process so many stimuli: the construct spoke to her on so many levels and her own body felt distant; through a fog. Some part of her at least seemed to unconsciously register her prone state, at least, and call to the dragon through the control foci. Fafnir's metal tail flicks in agitation as steam billows from his nostrils. He casts one glance around the walls that through some means showed the city beyond and spoke bitterly, "I suppose of any of the green haired wretches she is one of the better. I shudder to think what breathed life into this, though..."

Looking back to the mirrors Aslo cut a silent curse as he spotted the Imps beginning to regroup, and moving off to rejoin the main force. However they wouldn't have gotten too far yet, and the sight of this "building" might set them back to their retreat if it didn't kill them instead. There was then a brief mention of extermination of the foreign entities inside the room, Aslo's eyebrows piqued at that, instinctively routing a plan out the door, and wondering if the fall might kill him if he botched the landing. Luckily common sense won out, and the omniscient voice accepted instead to allow them to live. What joy. However he groaned as the voice continued. The implication of "ground support" meant one thing to Aslo, and that was that he would soon find himself outside on foot, facing these odds without the comfort of whatever protection this room undoubtedly provided. Again he was left to wonder if any of the others would be joining him on the ground, but damn them if they wanted to be cowards. He had other plans.

He entered further into the room and took a breath. "Right. Like the voice contemplating killing us all said, we need a plan, and it needs ground support." He gazed off toward Child and Unamo still hudled together, Unamo nursing Child back to some semblance of 'healthy', spotting the couple he didn't relish taking either out into a potential battle. Jerking a thumb at them and looking to Esyllt he began again. "I'd say the pair of them remain up here, Child's a fearsome fighter, and a good match to keep Unamo's bits and pieces together. Our friend here is approaching from their position in the south from the North-East, so Fafnir will glide down with you and your Golem and approach from the North-West. Once Maeven has begun her attack the enemy's attention should hopefully be drawn to her, giving you all an opportunity on which to capitalize."

Esyllt nodded, Aslo's idea made sense. "I will set up a telepathic link." She added. "Everyone will be able to communicate with each other through me, even when we are apart."

Her eyes wandered off back to Maeven. Jealousy be damned, Esyllt feared for the mechanist. "Please be wary of the spirits." She mentioned to Unamo, though given the Amazon her earlier display of affection, she doubted Unamo even needed to be told that.

"I have but one question, Aslo." Esyllt asked. "Where will the imp and you go? Is it safe for you to be alone with it?"

Aslo spared little more than a glance at the Imp. In truth he hadn't considered taking the creature with him. He started making a line towards Maeven's equipment bag mulling over his options as he went, it had helped immensely the first time it had been raided, and so he held out some hope it may prove useful again. The cretin, on the other hand, was likely to turn it's cloak in whichever direction it felt held the highest chance of survival, making it all but useless if things didn't play out properly. Despite this he felt a twinge of guilt at the prospect of killing the thing. He pawed through the bag looking for anything worth the weight to carry it. Seeing at least some measure of use in everything therein. Looking over his shoulder, back to Esyllt "Don't suppose there's anything you feel you need in this thing, hm?"

Spotting Maeven's Blunderbuster close by Aslo decided on taking it all, threw the firearm into the satchel, and strapped the bag onto his back. He left her her dagger at least, should she wake up and find herself in need of protection. He was about to loop the flintlock through his belt when he hesitated, spun it about his finger, and aimed at the Imp. "As for... him?" He asked, not entirely sure how to address it. "Well my say is that he stays here. Can't risk him betraying my plan the second it gets the chance, and up here it stays within easy reach of our friend 'The Voice'." Aslo shrugged. "Then again a thirty foot drop might do to seal his lips if you're concerned." He gestured from the Imp and then to the door. "Be my guest."

Aslo then approached the fallen corpse of Daevon, and though he found it dark business, decided that the Seal of the Trader the man had been carrying would better serve the living. His next move brought him closer to the door, looking down at the feet of the golem, getting an idea of the pace the creature was going at. What came next was less than fun. "AND as for me..." he said patting the equipment bag tenderly, bringing out what he had heard called a 'bottled cloud' and tossing it lightly from hand to hand. "... They're carrying around explosives, and Maeven's just given me a fuse to light them with. I'll circle around to the South-East of their position and provide some cover with her Blunderbuster."

Fafnir feels the faint relief as Maeven eases her reign of control. The sudden shift in the weave of command as he is bound in the strange compulsion to the mortals wishes overcomes him. His claws scrape against the ground lightly before he moves forward and unfurls his metal wings, "It seems we go along with the plan." He eyes the Free Holder as he makes off with most everything of Maeven's. If he could smile, he would. Maeven blinks blearily, eyes unfocused as blood continues to roll down her face. She had attention only for what ARGMOC saw: the demons. Her fist clenches upon an armrest of the throne as she sees the group and readies the battle platfrm for an assault.

Fafnir huffs hot air and looks to the golemancer, "Well, trade one of wretched abuser of souls for another. Well, come on now, let's go." He crouches down low to make it easier for her to hop on, eyeing the abomination that was Venatrix. A shudder rattles through his metal hull at the sight of it. He might be a perversion of the order of life and death, but at least he was a pretty one.

Aslo nodded as the rest of the group began preparing for their own parts in the coming fight. He threw the bottled cloud out of the doorway, before following shortly after it. He would then see it strike the street below, and expand into some kind of foam. Upon impact he found it very soft, and was relieved that its name and reputation had been well suited. With feet planted once more on the ground, he set out cautiously towards the demons last known position to set up in a decent vantage point, keeping an eye on the ARGMOC for any danger it might encounter.

-Aslo develops plan, issues instruction, raids Maeven's equipment bag, sets out towards South-East position
-Esyllt and Venatrix board Fafnir, glide from ARGMOC towards the west to begin an assault from the North-West. Esyllt sets up telepathic network between the party
-Child and Unamo remain aboard ARGMOC as cover for Maeven
-Maeven moves the ARGMOC forward in hopes of crushing the demon force.

Renalta - Dean

As Dean made to defend the Blades around him, he would just barely take note of Zin suddenly disappearing before the wolf latched onto his arm. The briefest moment of panic held him as he looked upon the snarling mass of fur and teeth. His weapon, for the moment proved worthless as he wrestled with the beast, trying to win sure footing. He snarled back at the creature "Always with these fucking wolves James?!"

He surged forward lifting the creature as high as he could, expecting resistance before quickly stepping back. With the beast in full motion towards him he swung his arm out to his side, so he came to the wolf's right flank, as it descended he grabbed the scruff of its neck and forced it faster down. At the same time launching his knee upwards and into the dire wolf's trachea. With luck it might stun the beast. It may force the wolf to gag, and open a window for Dean to strike. Alternatively it could do him no good, but damn if he were going to wrestle with this beast any longer than he had to.

Goblin Holds - Group Work

Child rose to her feet with some help from Umano. Her eyes regaining focus, her head still hurt. She staggered over to where her mask lay, slightly cracked, on the floor. She put it back on and felt the last of the pain fade. Mentally speaking, she seemed back in shape. Physically she was untouched more or less. The Mask had likely saved her allready mangled and scarred face from adding another score across her skin. She shook of the strange feeling that lingered from the spirits and instead focused on Unamo. "Thank you. For the help" She said as she looked over at the others.

"I will keep the backline safe. Should your flank work ideally, we should be able to break their formation from the front while they focus on containing the flanks. Otherwise, I suppose I am the last line of defence"Her voice was hoarse, tired sounding. Her muscles felt fine however. Long drawn out fights and gauntlets of new oppoenents had been a harsh reality in the Arena.At least it had created a somewhat enduring kind of fighter in Child. "Fight well. Don't die. See you on the battlefield" She said as she figured out the best position to take with the impressive, albeit completely alien to her, ARGMOC. Her job now was to keep Maeven in fighting condition, and Unamo alive.

Imperium + Amazons~Doctor Gremlock​

The goblin doctor watched in horror as the swarm of insects came out of the walls descending down towards them. Though he did not know what they were exactly, if they were following the command of the apparition, it was likely said insects were up to no good. He initially paid little attention to the apparition's motive rant; in the end she was still trying to kill the party which would have some disastrous results for the rest of the world. Gremlock scrambled to come up with a plan, when Armerza told him to give her the Imperial Writ. He doubted that the apparition would really respond kindly to the document, but he saw out of the corner of his eye that Sonia was going for the gems. In the end, he decided, it would at least be useful for the meat shields to block whatever the insects would be capable of doing.

"Sure, got it right here." he told Armerza, pulling out the document. He did not see a way to show the entire document without the seal being broken, but showed it to the apparition anyway. All he could do now was hope that either the apparition would buy their story, or that Sonia's tinkering with the soul gems would be enough to kick out the golem.

Gremlock shows the document to the apparition, and gives document to Armerza.

Kingdom of Liveria – Ancestral Bonds
Andrea Llolth'Allin

She couldn't help but smirk at the assassin woman. "It's always a trap, and personally I like you lot bothered to stop and free some slaves, myself included." She traced a finger over one of the heads of her snakes which were becoming agitated, hissing and tasting the air with their tongues as the sounds of orcs approaching neared their position. She soothed and calmed them down for now, listening to Kasim's plan and going along with it, mostly because she could find no fault in other people sacrificing themselves so she could continue living it and she had no plan of her own.

She turned to the princess after Rayvon went down already and smirked, "Well then little bird, down the hole you go." She said ushering the princess to hurry along as she looked back at the orc zombie, snapping her fingers and gestured it to stand in front of Kasim but not as such as to block his aim and ordered it to attack and hinder any orcs that might get in range. "The orc undead is a good meatshield, use him as such." She said to the ranger as he readied his bow.

While she turned to her spider and caressed it lightly over one of its legs. "You will follow mistress down and stick to the ceiling when it is time." Huil tapped her forward two legs in a affirmative as her eyes darted side to side nervously.

Kingdom of Tuleria -Toorg

Toorg could feel the rumble heading towards him, the large burrowing creature came crashing into him with enough force that caught the giant tree-man off guard. The chittering noise he heard from it, the odd shape he could barely make out in the dark, and the fact that a very sharp and peircing pain shot from his side was an indication that this creature was similar to the giant bugs that Toorg faced on the surface. As the light glowed a green hue, Toorg could see the bug betterm noticing the stinger on its tail, ready to strike him as the bug chittered once a him.

Toorg honestly did not know what the stinger could mean for him. He guessed that maybe it was some sort of poison, another thing that he had no experience with before hand. As Quar bellowed his order to Toor, he looked back at the bug, a fierce determination in his eyes. "TOORG WILL SMASH ALL BUGS!" he gave out a roar himself, as he gripped tightly on the giant scorpion. He tried as hard as he could to tilt the bug for a better position for Arkos to strike and do more damage. "TOORG HATE GIANT BUGS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.