Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protector Yuri
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

The choice Aeyr presented wasn't an easy one. Either leave Otto and the Tulerians to be hopelessly outnumbered, or risk the flying demons finishing off the rest of the scouts.

But in the end, it was the Tulerians getting the worst of it. They were the ones behind cut down and torn apart, while Yuri stood around slashing at empty air. "Good luck, Aeyr," Yuri muttered before moving towards the front line. Body low and eyes high to watch out for soaring threats.

If she made it to the fight, she'd prioritize defending Otto; his skill in combat and courageous actions seemed to be the driving force behind the Tulerians fervor.

Abjaar Korsair – Renalta – Heart of Darkness

"'Always strike first,' they said. 'He who strikes first strikes last.' they said."

While Abjaar was glad to see his chain hit its mark, and leave a sizable gash in the Half-Orc's leg, he was less than pleased with what followed. The trained warrior had attempted, responding rather correctly to the attack, to pull Abjaar off balance. While the man was certainly no slouch when it came to general strength, thanks to his rigorous endurance training, he was made to visibly shift from the contest of strengths; mostly due to his ribs.

Looking up, Abjaar saw the approach of Dirge and, with an expression like a hare caught before the hooves of a horse-drawn carriage, he manages to just manoeuvre his axe into the way of a certainly-fatal Hammer blow that sent him reeling back a few steps, barely holding on to his axe. Trying to get back his composure proved difficult, as he noticing the Half-orc's approach. He stumbled backwards; narrowly avoided a swing of its mace. He failed to avoid the little shunt from the half-man's shield, and was pushed a few feet back, ribs protesting like some phantom-wife.

Breath slightly laboured from the pain, Abjaar looks over at the Half-Orc. His leg looked significantly worse for wear than any damage Abjaar had taken, somehow. He noticed that Mikan, of all people, had stepped up to assist him and occupy Dirge. He smirked; glad to see that, even in a den of people that hated him, professionalism was going to keep him alive.

…well, it would keep him from getting his skull caved in by a warhammer from behind.

Stepping up to the hobbling Half-Orc, Abjaar straightened up his back and circled to the Half-Orc's left side, before lashing out with a kick, of all things; aiming to bring the heel his steel boot on the deep gash on the Half-Orc's leg. He kept his axe raised in both hands, ready to knock aside any blow from the mace. "Yield, Half-Orc. I'd rather not kill you."

Still, while he didn't want to kill the half-orc who had failed to give his name, he didn't have any issue bringing him to low.

Abjaar circles to the injured Half-Orc's left side and tries to kick the wound left by the chain and hook. Axe is held up to try to parry any incoming blow from the Half-Orc

"There are many hungry creatures in the jungle who I can bring to entertain us both..." -Page 7, Unamo.

Kingdom of Renalta - Heart of Madness

It wasn't difficult for Murderok to figure out what to do next. As Dean manages to break the deadlock between himself and the wolf, sending it sprawling to the ground, the minotaur takes aim and does as Mikan had asked of him. The bolt from his crossbow only briefly sings through the air before burrowing itself into the wolf and sending its corpse skidding backward against the ground. As the two recover, they can see Mikan slipping out of the way of another attack by Dirge, only to get caught off guard and hit across the chin with his knee. She scrambles to avoid a finishing blow, only to see that the lumbering orc had already dashed away from her--all he was trying to do was disengage.

As Zin quietly slips around, confident in her illusory trick, she would turn to see Dirge charging for her. Before she could cast a spell or attempt to evade the attack, his surprisingly fast swing takes her off her feet and slams her into the wall. The sounds of her bones shattering and her heart stopping would be among the last things she would hear as she slumps down the wall. Though she was a vampire, and not granted the mercy of an instant death: Only a few moments would remain, as her blood quickly drained from her in a way that she had no ability to repair in her state. Dirge grimaces at the sight. "A harlot who abandons her comrades never stood a chance at winning my heart."

Back in the fight, Cennick's feint worked as the orc leaned back to evade it. His blade cleanly connects with the half-orc's leg and sends him sprawling to the ground. He drops his weapon and growls, though he raises his hands in surrender. It seems he had no intention of dying for James. "This is insane," he mutters under his breath.

Abjaar's attempt at kicking at the half-orc's wound only seems to amuse it, in a sort of twisted, masochistic fashion. He grins viciously as he swings out with his mace while Abjaar was recovering from his attack, and strikes Abjaar's left shoulder. It dislocates and cracks, leaving Abjaar with a second severe injury, but still remarkably on his feet. The half-orc then notices the quickly declining odds, and rather than pushing to try and kill Abjaar, he falls back to Dirge, who had moved to position himself between the open passage and the group. Though he kept his eyes on Murderok, he shouts to Oran. "Get back up and fight!" Oran yells back at Dirge. "Fight for what?! A lunatic? I know he brought me back from the abyss, but what sort of glory is there in living only to serve! I deserve better than to be on my knees! So do you!" Dirge remains silent, though he looks infuriated. Blood drips from the end of his war hammer as he waited for his enemy to show their hand, to plan a counter accordingly.

Mikan springs back up onto her feet, wiping a little blood away from the corner of her mouth. Glancing around the room, a bit of her flighty nature seems to pierce through in a sliver of a smile. "Murderok, don't fire until they're engaged with someone, to ensure they can't try to evade it." She then walks over to Dean and Cennick. "Think we can try diplomacy one more time?" She speaks quietly to them, though her voice carried in the small room, and could likely be heard by everyone regardless. "Make it something good--something they care about..."

Imperium/Amazons - The Dream of Empire

Though Sonia was easily able to destroy the red gem, it didn't seem to affect the golem. A few whispers pass by her ears, one even saying "thank you", though the rest were incomprehensibly mad. They seemed weak and feeble, dissipating quickly to other locations--lucky for Gremlock, then, who was part Mechanist, and would have otherwise attracted their vicious ire.

As Gremlock opens the scroll, he notices that the seal was located within it--meaning he could avoid puncturing it by opening it slowly. Doing as Armerza asked, the golem glances at the seal and tilts its head in confusion. It seemed to have mixed feelings, and twitched a few times in the next proceeding moments. "It... But... That..." It locks up for a moment as Fahim and Veira start moving back toward the entrance, then it looks down on Armerza and nods slowly. "Go back the way you came, and I will block the doorway with my body to limit the number of these insects that can follow. Once you reach a certain distance, I will be ripped back to my soul gem. It is the green one." Veira hesitates and looks back to the other artifacts. "... Can we come back for these?" The golem shakes its head. "I doubt it." Veira frowns, but doesn't hesitate any further and moves through the doorway. Fahim waits by the doorway for the others, though he seemed especially concerned for Sonia. "MOVE QUICKLY, SORCERESS! WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE!"

Kingdom of Liveria - Ancestral Bonds

The sounds of war drums could be felt through the ground as well as heard in the distance, as the sounds of orcs crying out for blood approached closer and closer. As Rayvon descends down the rope, the Agent of Wrath reels his whip back and lashes out for her mid-descent... Only for it to impact against a blade, glowing in a golden fashion. Gabriel had taken flight and moved to stop it, a look of anger on his face. "Don't even try that again." The Agent of Wrath then rips the blade out of Gabriel's hand, pulling his whip back to his own hands. "Temper temper, angel... Getting your feathers ruffled over a mere mortal. You belong better with us than them." Gabriel lands back down on the ground as the Agent of Wrath coils his whip. With a simple flick of his wrist, it becomes bathed in an unsettling, black flame. The flame oozed an aura of corruption. "I belong where I choose to belong." Gabriel summons his blade back to his hand, then brings up his shield. His voice still carried an irritated tension, but he was resisting the Agent of Wrath's taunting fairly well. "Very well." The Agent of Wrath licks his lips and exposes his jagged, sharp, yellow teeth. He then points at Gabriel, Rayvon, and Goran. "Kill them--but try to leave the angel alive long enough to see his folly."

Helénē hesitates and looks at Kasim with deep concern, nodding quickly in appreciation before moving over to the rope leading down into the chamber. Glancing toward Andrea, she shakes her head. "I wish you'd stop calling me that." Reaching for the rope, she then starts descending as the four orcs start charging, their leader close behind them. Goran leaps up and bites deeply into one of them, pinning him on the ground. Gabriel becomes locked up with another, who had simply ignored the Agent of Wrath as he screamed obscenities the likes of which were both creative and stunningly dull. A third leaps behind Gabriel to attack Rayvon, though she is easily able to block the attack, it does push her back a couple steps, simply by virtue of his size. The Agent of Wrath's whip flies through the air and wraps around the Princess of Liveria, and the agent grins with satisfaction as the hook dives into her neck. However, no blood comes from the wound, and the empty body simply falls to the ground.

The fourth orc guard suddenly turns and swings out for the tribal leader, catching him by surprise. The axe only manages to cause a relatively superficial cut against the tribal leader's leg however, as the tribal leader wore a superior kind of light armour to those of his brethren. Just by the orc's posture, it was easy to tell that Helénē had possessed it, and she had no sort of training in using the weapons that felt familiar only to the hands of the orc, not to her.

Above, Zoe stares at the falling body of the princess, momentarily with shock, before snapping back to her task. She turns as a pair of orcs burst into the room, firing her crossbow and immediately sending the orc tumbling onto the ground, the bolt having pierced straight through its lightly armoured hide. The other, armed with axe and shield, is easily able to dive forth and impale his axe into the undead orc, ripping through its neck and decapitating it in a simple motion. The undead orc falls over, once more unmoving, as Kasim unleashes his bow string and plants an arrow straight into its forehead.

Zoe glances to Andrea and motions for her to quickly enter the hole, as she starts reloading her crossbow. Her eyes sympathetically go to Haruuk as she gives him a quick pat on the head, ruffling his fur. "You're a good boy, a shame what's about to happen to you. I'll remember you."

Goblin Holds - Antiqua Scientiam

Unamo looked about at the mechanical contraption in awe, and as Fafnir made his comment, she replied quietly. "You shudder all you wish in ignorance, I will marvel at it." Still, there was concern in her eyes for Maeven in her state. There was little she could do for her, though, as who knew what magic would do to the tenuous connection that Maeven had with the entity.

Esyllt and Venatrix were able to descend on Fafnir's back, though it was a bit heavy for him to maintain balance. Nonetheless, as he went west, ARGMOC proceeded with ease towards the demon force. During travel, four shells travel from the Tulerian Artillery piece, and one manages to hit as they get close--it stings Maeven's cheek, but otherwise, it has little determinable effect. As she enters the area, the Agent of Pride yells orders. Only Aslo is able to overhear them, but thanks to Esyllt's telepathy, he is easily able to pass them along to everyone else. "The Doom Guard will sacrifice itself to give Enigma time to destroy its limbs! I will enter myself, and kill those fools piloting it! The Imps will keep firing the artillery piece, and the Lust Hounds will attack anyone foolish enough to come in on the ground level! MOVE OUT!"

As the Agent of Pride takes to the air, the Doom Guard charges predictably at ARGMOC, and though it was shorter than the metal monstrosity, its weapon did look as though it could do some damage if it hit one of ARGMOC's limbs. Aslo, having gone ahead and set up a position, was standing atop a roof, with only a few foot drop--he could feasibly intercept it if he wished, though that wasn't the safest option considering it was larger than he was. The shapeshifter approached behind the Doom Guard, though from Aslo's position, he could see them both clearly. ARGMOC was also able to see the shapeshifter behind the Doom Guard, thanks to its ability to see from any point in the city.

Moving faster than ARGMOC could possibly even attempt to counter, the Agent of Pride bursts his way through the front doors and lands a few feet from Child and Unamo. They were the only things between the Agent of Pride, and Maeven. Unamo's hands start to glow green as she readies a spell, having had a short time to rest since her previous engagement. "Child, just try to keep him on his toes... Don't let him hit you. That blade is wreathed in some sort of corrupting energy. Let me get a spell ready and we can take him out strategically." The Agent of Pride laughs as he looks at the pair, a smug look plastered across what should otherwise be a pleasant looking face. "To challenge my supreme might is a neutered arena bitch and a whorish jungle mage? Amusing. Come, throw yourselves upon my blade and scream your pathetic profanities so that I might dispatch your bleeding sow with the same haste I would spare for a screeching child."

The Imp merely stares at both parties, unsure of what to do, and keeping its distance. Time would tell which side it would take.

Esyllt, Venatrix, and Fafnir were momentarily delayed getting to the fight, though they approached from the west. They ended up behind the enemy force around the corner of a building, unnoticed, and had the element of surprise on their side. They would have to use it quickly to make good use of it. The Lust Hounds, Artillery, and Imps were closest to them, though they could feasibly charge across the large space to reach Doom Guard and Shapeshifter as well.

Kingdom of Tuleria - Unto the Breach

Toorg manages to hold it in place for Arkos' attacks to connect repeatedly. Several blows later, the scorpion hisses and spits as each of Arkos' blows starts to coat his fist in blood, before Quar manages to finish casting his spell. Instead of touching Toorg like he originally planned, he grasps Arkos' shoulder. In a sudden burst of energy, he strikes the scorpion, and energy flows through his arm and blows apart the opposite side of the scorpion, with roots growing out in mere moments from Arkos' fist. The scorpion twitches, then dies. Quar frowns, then grasps Arkos hand and wipes the blood off. "I'm sorry." He mutters under his breath before glancing up at the Tulerian mages, who were starting to tunnel forward and up. "Toorg, let go and get moving!" Toorg would feel a little dizzy, but otherwise the venom seemed to have no effect on his strange biology.

Another minute or so passes before they burst out onto the surface. As they each funnel out of the collapsing tunnel, they would be able to hear the blood curdling scream of one of the Tulerians for a few brief moments. With their eyes still adjusting to the bright desert sun, they could make out the succubus only a few feet from them, with a bloodied tail. One of the Tulerian mages had been ripped in two, and the succubus was glaring at them angrily: It was the Agent of Lust. "Shit." Quar mutters under his breath. They were only about a hundred feet from the portal. Both Quar and Arkos could feel that the Agent of Lust held a magical power that was unnaturally boosting her strength, though strangely, it didn't seem to be coming from her, and there was no clear item on her person that could be giving it to her. "We're outclassed, but if we can just buy the mages a little time..." He glances at Arkos. "We need to close that portal. We need to."

Meanwhile, Aëyr would see the flyers descend upon them once more. Her plan works fantastically as the flyers evade the first set of attacks by the pair of scouts, only to be struck down by her sling and the third remaining scout. Still, as the corpses of the man-sized creatures fell, one manages to clip Aëyr and send her sprawling to her back. Dazed for a few moments, one of the scouts helps her back to her feet for her to witness the last of the Buccaneers--Mas'ud Campos--sacrificing himself as he attacks a demon and dies to it in the same motion.

The last doom guard manages to hit Otto with the back of his hand, sending him sprawling over-top of Yuri, several feet onto his back beside Aëyr. There was an unsettling sound as he landed, though he slowly and carefully gets back onto his feet. He was putting most of his weight on one leg--it looked like he might have snapped his thigh. "A glorious death is its own reward, for the Father looks well upon the brave..." He mutters under his heavy breaths. He panted heavily, his face was red and coated with sweat as the doom guard howls triumphantly at the sight of the dead buccaneers.

This left Yuri only a few feet from Aëyr, as the remaining two humanoid demons charged for her. She was able to block both of their attacks, as they were fatigued, though a two on one was not an ideal situation for her. Especially with the doom guard beginning his charge towards Aëyr & her Imperial Scouts--which would mean charging through Yuri, only a few feet away from the large creature...

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: K3l
Sonia - Amazons​

The moment the golem had announced his change in allegiance Sonia had been on the move. With documents and soul gems in hand she hastily retreated back to the entrance, falling back through the center of the room by the golem's feet. Pressed for time she sloppily cast an aura around herself that would violently dehydrate any of the carnivorous insects which drew too close. In the face of the oncoming flood the spells intention was to allow her to escape as much in one piece as possible, not safeguard against the unstoppable. Under strenuous sprinting she shot a quip to Fahim, "Let me run faster; I only thought I was running for my life!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Imperium + Amazons~Doctor Gremlock

Gremlock felt a wave of relief wash over him when the spirit bought their story...at least until she revealed she had no control over the insects. Somewhat panicked, the goblin stated "Welp, time for the Doctor to make a getaway!" before unleashing a few bolts of fire to stall the insects. With Sonia's escape secure, he bolted from the scene at a breakneck pace.

Gremlock uses fire spells to help Sonia escape, then escapes himself.

Liveria – Kasim

Kasim had no idea what was happening down below, having only the sounds of fighting and yelling to give him any clues. It was a meaningless jumble to him, so he blocked it out and focused on the task at hand. A quick glance over his shoulder showed two, maybe three others behind him still not down the hole. He had time yet to wait, orcs yet to kill, before he could make his descent and help with the fight below. Kasim cleared his thoughts as best he could and nocked another arrow, drawing it back as far as he could, focusing intently on planting it into the head of the next orc to come his way.

Kasim is still holding guard, using his Focus trait to go for a head shot on the next enemy to come at him.

Heart of Darkness - Abjaar Korsair – Renalta

"There are not enough Brothels in Renalta to make up for this day."

If things were bad before, , when Abjaar's rib was broken by an errant Tiefling mirage; or if they were worse, when Abjaar had been assailed by Dirge and his son and nearly slain 3 times over; things got even worse still when he saw the Half-Orc shrug off the stamp on his leg like it was nothing. "This is going to hurt."

The familiar throng of lightning that came with a break in the bone told him just how right he was. The Half-Orc delivered a hefty blow to Abjaar's left arm, and the slaver stumbled back; grunting and hollering through gritted, angry teeth. His left arm hung limply at his side as he tried to keep his shoulder immobile, all while trying to heft his battle-axe in his good hand, ready for a follow up.

To his great surprise, the Half-Orc was backing off, and Dirge was bickering with his sons about the path they were on. It seemed that the Queen's Blades as a collective were winning, even if Abjaar had made minimal head-way against the Half-Orc. He assured himself that the battle would have been over if he was going for the kill. No matter how pain-drunk a Half-Orc got, it didn't mean much if it was an Axe that had been cleaving through the leg of the Orc, instead of a steel-boot stamping on it.

Mikan and the others disengaged, and they each spoke about their intentions and about how they should make one last attempt at diplomacy before a final confrontation. The slaver had noticed that the Spymaster had spoken to the others, but in truth; Abjaar was not in the mood to sit idly by and lick his wounds. He looked at the broken mess of the vampire on the wall behind Dirge, grumbling about the waste of flesh.

Abjaar propped the head of his axe against the ground, speaking out to the orcs. He had no intention of waiting for the others to act. After all, if he could be of use here; perhaps he might salvage some of his broken pride. "Hail, Orcs. Won't you listen to our call for truce? I'd rather not waste honourable blood for a dishonourable man."

"Speak." Dirge replies simply.

Abjaar grunts as he readjusts his standing position. Broken bones were not the best companion for diplomacy, but the situation would have to do. "It is clear that you and your sons are skilled as warriors. You deserve more than Thralldom to a madman who plays god. The Queen's Blades could offer you more than that. We could offer you, and your sons, a chance to forge your own destiny: A chance to be warriors; heroes; leaders, even!"

"I am bound by oath to serve James, bribery with titles and wealth doesn't interest me." Dirge replies flatly, almost seeming disappointed.

"If I were attempting to bribe you; I would start with offers of wine and women." He looks briefly over at the half-orc children, and then glances at the broken body of Zin. "No, I am trying to make you aware of a better cause; for you and your sons."

"In Liveria, right now, the Queen's Blades fight to liberate thousands of orcs from servitude. Orcs that will be thrust into the world's view. Those orcs would require a champion; someone who can represent their needs amongst the new world."

"You and your sons could save an entire species of orcs, if you would but forgo a madman's oath."

Stepping back, he looks over at the other members of the Queen's Blades. "That is all I have to say. You merely highlight an opportunity. It is your choice to take it."

Dirge growls, but doesn't engage, holding his position to think longer. "... Give me time. I think your comrade wishes to speak... I'm not sure if what you say is true, but if it is, it is something to consider."

Goblin Holds - Aslo

Taking a comfortable kneeling position near the edge of yet another building Aslo peered down the scope of the Blunderbuster at the approaching demon forces. So far he was pleased enough to see he had been more or less correct in assuming the counter strategy of the demons. Unsure how exactly Esyltt's telepathic link worked, he wasn't certain any thoughts he wanted to convey would get across to the rest of the group. Doing his best to think loudly , as stupid a thought as it was it was the best he could come up with, he tried to address the others. "Change of plans Esyltt. No clear shot on the artillery from where I am. You'll have to deal with the hounds and the Imps, I'll distract or eliminate the demon guard and the shapeshifter." With what he had observed of the Imps, this would not be too much trouble for the Renaltan. Odds were good that they were still terrified of her.

With little else needing to be said, Aslo equipped the longer rifle barrel onto the end of the firearm. He knew well enough that it would lend higher accuracy than either of his other options. That said, he kept the others close by, in case they closed in quickly after his first shot, he should have time to equip something more suited to a closer target. Once again lining up the scope to his target, the Doomguard, Aslo drew a long breath and held. He aimed low on the neck. He pulled the trigger and released his breath, with a loud crack the familiar smell of gun powder overtook him, lowering the gun to observe whatever happened, and prepared to dodge whatever counter strike would come his way.

Renalta - Dean
Dean couldn't look away from Zin as she drew her last breath. She had likely saved him, and here he had failed her. Another failed comrade. How many had he failed over the years? Surely no one could keep track of so many faces, and yet here he still stood. A knot tightened in his stomach. He was supposed to be able to turn the tides of these kinds of things, so why then did it always feel like the opposite? He gazed at the mess Dirge had made of the wall. No more. Not today at least. For Zin. For Zin, and all that she stood for, he would try his best to spare anymore bloodshed.

He looked to Abjaar doing his best at diplomacy, and nodded. The man continued to surpass what he must believe the others assumed of him. It gave Dean hope that he was right to believe any man could do right with a second chance. Dean stared ahead at the Orc then, ready to speak. He squared off with all the prowess he could gather. Despite the pain and agony Dirge had caused, Dean still felt there was some hope they could sway Dirge against James. The Orc had a strange sense of honor for someone who served a lunatic, and there was clearly more at work than anyone knew. He cleared his throat so Dirge could hear clearly "What my ally says is true. In due time your kin will have great need of leadership, but that is another matter altogether. Do you still intend to fight, or can we pass in peace?"

"Fight." Dirge replied simply.

"I admire you Orc, but you're too hasty." he sighed "Put your weapons down. Step aside, and you have my word no harm will come to James. You will be released from your vows and oaths, and James will be given a fair trial before anyone sets any punishment on him." he paused, measuring the Orc for some kind of reaction.

"Hmph." Dirge was seeming to mull it over in his mind, pondering what Dean was suggesting. "Only James can release me from my oath. Your words, however, make for an acceptable compromise... On one condition."

Dean raised an eyebrow at the progress. Pleased that Dirge was not beyond reasoning. Still his muscles were tense for battle. Though he didn't believe Dirge would succumb to some kind of treachery he didn't trust the situation in the least. "And I'm sure James will be more than willing to strike some kind of deal for the crimes he's committed. Speak your condition and let this senseless violence stop."

He points at Mikan, then at Murderok. "Those two do not enter with their weapons. I trust neither of them to uphold your deal." Mikan glances at Dirge's two children and narrows her eyes, showing equal distrust. "If your children disarm, I'll do the same." Dirge nods. "It can be done, if your estimable Renaltan warrior agrees to my condition."

Dean nodded at Mikan. Glad she had the sense to agree to such a term. He looked to Murderok, less sure he would comply, but hoping that whatever bloodlust he held he could put it aside until this was finished. "If he refuses he can stand guard over your children out here. I'd rather as few bodies in there as possible anyway."

"Acceptable." Dirge replies bluntly, though he seemed torn.

A grin formed on his face then, and he felt as if he could almost relax. With Oran already unarmed and Dirge's other son more willing to obey his father, Dean believed for the first time to be through the worst of it. "Perfect. Then I suppose, Murderok, that the next choice is yours. Lay down your weapon, and follow with us, or stay here with Dirge's sons. I trust whatever decision you make to be what you believe is best." gesturing towards Dirge and the tunnel. "Lead the way Dirge, and we shall follow." he looked toward Cennick with a look that urged caution, but otherwise was quite content with how things progressed. Finally stepping over towards Abjaar he offered a pat on the right shoulder "Admirable work. Perhaps there's a future other than slave-trade for you to find. I'm sure the purple hearts you'll receive for this will aid your recovery immensely." A toothy smile overtaking him.

• Love
Renalta - Murderok

Murderok examined the situation. His options were few, at least with what he knew at the moment. He could fire a bolt down the hall, with uncertain results. Or he could go in unarmed, and the idea had plenty of appeal for Murd, he knew he could kill James with his own bare hands and hooves. Or he could remain and hold the Orc's sons hostage.

Either way Murd had no intention of allowing James to escape alive, he had given oath to Mikan. And it would be fulfilled, either over the Orcs bodies or otherwise. But this delaying was just buying time for the illusionist to complete whatever diabolism he had planned.

He unstrung Manbreaker and slung the weapon over his shoulder as he took his spear and khopesh into hand. "I have made a single oath. I will remain here with Dirge's sons, but I caution you Dirge. I have nothing but respect for you, but if you even think of betraying the trust being offered you, I will do all in my power to end your sons as slowly as I can imagine."

Aëyr
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

The end of the fight was in sight, but from the looks of it, neither side would be winning. Ultimately, it was Quar and his retinue that would determine the success of the mission—their survival was no longer relevant.

"Fire upon the giant's face," she commanded the three Imperial Scouts.

The selkie herself moved to the side, so that she was standing a little behind Yuri and opposite from the limping form of Otto. From this angle, she felt she was less likely to hit Yuri by accident. Taking careful aim, she slung a stone at one of the demons, hoping to take him out before the real threat came their way.

Assuming, of course, that the doom guard would attack Yuri or Otto first. If not, she could only rely on her speed and manoeuvrability to evade her opponent—cowardice though it may be, she stood no chance facing that behemoth head-on.

She sidesteps from behind Yuri and fires a flanking shot at one of the demons assaulting Yuri, aiming for the head.

She orders the remaining Imperial Scouts to fire at the doomguard's face.
[/hr]

Esyllt Boudica - Goblin Holds​

"We are now in position." Esyllt shared with Aslo and the others. The commands echoing through her telepathy link alerted Esyllt of the plan. She looked at Fafnir briefly, trying to discern concern. Of course, she couldn't tell from the face of a metallic dragon. All Esyllt knew was the distaste it expressed earlier. She swallowed her doubt, still. Aslo had taken the command at the base, she would the flanking.

"Then we will take their artillery from them. Fafnir, please keep the hounds off of me. I will engage the imps. My golem will join you as soon as I am done." Esyllt communicated to the team. If all went as planned, she could use the artillery device to attack the shapeshifter and doomguard from the back, freeing up Aslo to help those still inside.

Fafnir beat it's mighty wings and ascended once more. As soon as it left the cover of the building, it showered the lust hounds. Not a second later, Esyllt and her golem leapt from behind the buildings to rush the imps.

Last edited:
Protector Yuri
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

With the doomguard bearing down on them, Yuri knew she couldn't hold her ground. Perhaps if Otto was uninjured beside her, or even if Yuri could focus on the monstrous demon without the two smaller ones already pressuring her. The best she could do was move out the way herself, and hope the others could do the same. Focusing on keeping her shield up, Yuri circled to the right and lashed out with her sword around the shield, hoping less to wound one of the demons and more to force them into the path of the doomguard.

Kingdom of Tuleria - Toorg

Toorg felt the stinger struck him, the venom pumping right into him. At first it seemed nothing would take effect, but then his head felt dizzy, a little woozy too. He had not felt like this since the time he ate poisonous fruit back deep within the forests of Renalta. The Dizziness dissipated away, Toorg felt ready to take on anything at this, seeing that the tunnel had its end. "Toorg hate tunnels." He mutted under his breath, stepping out from wthin the sand tunnel. It was then he saw the demonic creature before him, an agent of lust, something he had not seeing at all. This creature was different to the others he had faced, and thus, Toorg held off from charging straight in, instead he took a more defensive position, waiting for a chance to smash the demon into pieces.

Armerza - Imperial/Amazons Mission

As the Guardian read the scroll, and fought to comprehend, Armerza waited for its ultimate reaction. She feared that it would remain hostile, that it would not accept the scroll and its seals as genuine, but as a carefully crafted trick. If it were determined to believe that there was no possible way for Florence to still live, then they would be forced to try and deal with the Guardian, and the insects.

When the Guadian spoke, the tension that had built up within her, was relieved. Before she turned to leave, Armerza saluted the ancient relic of the temple, and made a vow, "I will do all I can, to see that you gain a new form, free of will. I will do what I can to help you comprehend the centuries that have passed, and see that your service for the Imperium is rewarded for your duty and valour." Turning to take her leave, waiting for Sonia to pass her, to bring up the rear of the retreating Queen's Blades, Armerza looked back once more, adding, "And then we shall spar, Guardian, as friends and allies, not as enemies."

Child kept her distance, each step was carefully planned as cold dread and reason gripped her reigns again. A bonefide demon of pride. Had it been wrath, she had likely been a goner. Pride had nothing on her. She was a broken thing, a poorly put together creature who struggled every day with a million voices. What time did she have for such a narcisistic indulgence. Pride had no use for a fighter of the pit. Rage had. But rage need to give back to reason. She had a goal, and it meant she could not die here. Not like this. Her eyes went from the blade, wreathed in energy of some sort. Here was a lowly manifistation of Pride, and all she thought was how pitifull it seemed.

"Pride... Right?" Her voice was oddly level. "I know becouse I feel nothing around you." She said, keeping her distance but making sure he didn't circle her to go after the Amazon. "You are strange being. You speak like could gut us, but you just speak. It's all your kind ever does. Speak" She said with a confidence born from cold determination. "I feel nothing from you. Becouse where i come from, Pride means death. That means you, a being of Pride, will die. And to that I say." She paused, remembering words of a dead friend. Dead at her hands. "At least you tried." She breathed, and for the third time, she let the spirits grip her sword with her. After this, she might be bedridden for a day or two. She might die. She had no idea. But she knew what she wanted. She wanted speed, she wanted a duelist. She wanted to keep the pridefull beast locked in his own vanity trying to strike at her.

Liveria - Ancestral Bonds
Unwilling to expose herself, nor she was acquainted on using a rope for climbing up or down, Laenaia chose to use her brood's ability to travel a tiny distance as if it was a step. Roughly landing on the ground below, Laenaia immediately stepped away to put some meager distance between herself and the orcs, preferably putting the melee combatants in her group inbetween them. She observed the surrounding to see where she could help with her magic and was briefly confused when she saw an orc attempted to attack the orc chief before assuming that Helene had taken control of said orc. Laenaia did not know how good the princess was in a fight, but the vampire guessed that she probably did not have a lot of experience beyond training. She... should help the princess, she doubted her ability to meaningfully distract the demon. Sending a blot of shadow out towards the orc chief, Laenaia attempted to do the same thing she did moment earlier and had the shadow attempted to crawl into the orc's torso.​

Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough in The Heart of Madness

Cen breathed a sigh of relief at Oren's quick surrender. The half-orc had at least a bit of control over his condition and killing an unwilling opponent was the last thing the sheriff needed at the moment. Allies were becoming scarce, the bloody stain that was once the vampire attested to that, and he could use as few enemies as possible. He relaxed his stance and produced a cloth which he ran across the blade of his sword, clearing of blood. He brought it closer and grimaced, a substantial chip had found it's way on the edge, probably when he struck Marcus' bracer earlier. Sheathing the sword Cen approached the wounded Oren and stood over him, "You going to need help with that cut?" He stated plainly.

"I'll live." Oran grunts as he remains laying against the ground.

The sheriff gave a quick nod and rummaged through his bag, taking out a worn travelling shirt. He tore it into a few sizeable pieces of cloth and tossed them onto the half-orc, "Patch yourself up, if you bleed out while I'm dealing with James I'll feel bad."

"... Right." Oran says as he stares at the pieces of cloth, momentarily confused, but otherwise working with the materials he had available. "I won't bleed out by then."

"Right." Cen stated and he stood dumb for a moment before simply nodding at Oren and making his way back to the group proper. Dean and Abjaar had somehow managed to convince Dirge to let them through, something that Cen was admittedly going to attempt himself, but as it were he was glad he never got the chance; The awkward exchange with Oran a hard reminder of his social abilities, or rather, lack thereof. With that in mind he approached Abjaar. The bane of existence for the whole of the expedition, regardless even the sheriff himself knew of his own weakness for a soul looking for redemption and the slaver's little bout of diplomacy wasn't something he overlooked. Again, he reached into his pack, this time pulling from it the vial of angel's blood. The red liquid sloshing inside prompted him to think of his slain 'companion', though only briefly and not in a particularly flattering context. The question of why she would just take off and abandon her companions stung at the min of the sheriff, though like a sting it was over quickly, remedied by knowledge. It was simply in her nature, plain and simple.

He tried not to over think that conclusion as he handed the vial over to Abjaar, mumbling "good job," as it changed hands.

"Before we were pitted against one another. Much like many others who find companionship in the sparring court, I found death in the pit. If the Goblin Holds need from the Blades, I will make sure I am part of the efforts." -Child, page 7.

Kingdom of Renalta

With the combat resolved with at least a temporary ceasefire, Dirge nods for his other son to stand by Oran's side. His son, growling, limps there--obviously having been in the camp for fighting rather than surrendering. Still, he made no aggressive movements towards Murderok, who could easily end them. Mikan unstraps her short swords from her sides and tosses them to the floor, fulfilling her end of the deal. Dirge nods with appreciation, but Mikan pays him no heed, instead marching straight down the tunnel into the next room.

There is a faint, purple glow around the small, circular chamber, which was built around a rather humble looking reflective, silvery liquid. Being a few feet from it, even the not magically inclined members of the group could feel a sense of dread being near it. Only a couple steps descended into the liquid, which seemed to have an endless depth to it. Reaching James would require walking around, along the edges of the wall, on those two steps. Standing beside James was a small child, though this child was entirely unfamiliar to everyone there. Dirge, however, seemed surprised to see the child. "Rat?" He asked aloud, whispering it almost as though he feared causing the child to vanish by simply saying his name. The child however, only manages a confused smile, still seeming highly disoriented.

James, meanwhile, was on his knees, arm deep into the silvery liquid, looking to be in a great deal of pain. Growls could be heard emanating from the pool, though not from any animals that anyone there could feasibly discern. "AH! Dirge, DIRGE! Why didn't you hold them... A while longer?!" Dirge turns away, unable to look James in the eyes. James shakes his head and looks up at the group, sweat pouring from his brow, the occasional uncontrollable twitch running through his body. "Let me finish my work, and I will explain everything to you!" Mikan glares at him. "Why should we do that? How do we know you're not ripping a demon through this... Portal?" James laughs, manically, and then swallows. Blood was starting to run down his lips. "Because I am bringing back your child, as I said I would... Because any demon I drew into this room would kill me first. Take your pick... You may kill me afterwards if you wish, or hear me out. Either way, I care not." Gurgling could be heard from the pool, and his eyes seem to light up with a mad sort of glee. "Almost there... I can fix everything... Just let me do so... Dean, Mikan! We traveled together, and I could have easily slain your queen and her bitch then, but I didn't! LET ME FIX THIS ONE THING BEFORE I DIE!"

Cennick and Abjaar notice out of the corner of their eyes that, in one of Mikan's hands, she was holding Zin's Magic-Breaker. She must have swiped it off the body. Such a device would likely easily disrupt the magical font, all one had to do was throw it in, and it would likely kill James in the process through sheer feedback. Yet, she hesitated, her grip on it so tight that her knuckles were white, in spite of the cold look in her eyes. James' eyes had already spotted it as well, though he said nothing: He merely stared at it, fear in his eyes.

Imperium/Amazons - The Dream of Empire

Armerza easily manages to scramble out in time, though Sonia had a greater distance to travel. Her magic struggled to keep back the few fastest of the insects, and before her, a small group of them had managed to cut her off from freedom. Before all hope was lost, however, a bolt of fire strikes them and burns them to cinders. Gremlock's cover was of great use after all. Fahim reaches out and grabs Sonia, pulling her through the doorway as the golem moves to blockade it with its body. Fahim nods to the golem in thanks, then speeds away, in the rear of the group. Behind them, they could hear the golem's metallic form struggling and screeching as thousands of insects attempting to batter their way through it, to no avail. As they continue to make distance, the green soul gem lights up, the soul of the golem having found its way there.

As the soul gem starts to glow, the temple around them starts to shake. The one force that kept it intact was no longer connected to it, and all the ancient pressure was now finally being allowed to do to the temple what it should have done centuries ago. They quickly manage to find their way to the main room, then the staircase. Ascending it rapidly, they could hear some of the passages behind them collapsing, likely sealing away whatever was there for yet another endless eternity. Bursting out into the jungle, they would find Veira panting heavily, before she simply falls onto her back, too tired to even continue standing, much less talking.

Fahim, meanwhile, found himself entirely stable, though his breathing had grown a little heavier, it didn't seem entirely necessary. He looks around, seeing a group of Amazons, and a group of three Imperial scouts, tied up together. They were the three Imperial scouts who Sonia had summoned to help them with the puzzle. One of them brightens up as he spots the group, excitement in his eyes. Fahim sighs, then brings his hand up to the bridge of his nose, a look of agitation plastered across his face.

One of the Amazons steps forward and glares at the group. "Explain why Imperials who we specifically barred from entering this temple were found leaving it!" It takes the group a few moments, but they manage to recognize her as Queen Ethlinn, the leader of the Amazons. A second Amazon, an old looking shaman, steps up beside her and whispers in her ear, pointing at Sonia's bag, with the soul gems in it. "You have an ancient Amazonian soul with you?" Queen Ethlinn asks, with a little less hostility than before. Though still clearly looking irritated, there was now a presence of confusion as well.

While Veira remained unable to speak coherently, Fahim glanced about at the group with confidence. He would answer the questions, if nobody else would.

Kingdom of Liveria - Ancestral Bonds

Wordlessly, Zoe and Andrea descend the rope next. Zoe notices the demonic agent's nasty looking whip and lets go of the rope, falling down to the ground and rolling to avoid any real harm. Andrea, however, isn't so lucky, as her grip on the rope slips due to her excessive eagerness to escape. She falls and hits the ground, falling unconscious as a result of the rapid, unplanned descent. She was, however, still alive, somehow. Huil, her spider, descends after her as she last commanded, and crawls along the ceiling. Seeing the orc Rayvon was engaged with, he dives onto that target and starts ripping through the orc's flesh with his fangs, quickly shredding the orc into several bloody bits through the spider's sheer strength alone.

Above, with Huil, Andrea, and Zoe all gone, this left Kasim to face the next couple of orcs. The first was no trouble for him to put down, as an arrow leaves his bow and precisely strikes an orc between the eyes. Another orc however quickly dives through, unarmed, ready to beat Kasim to death with his bare hands. Howling and yelling with glee, he is interrupted as Rayvon's pet, Haruuk, attacks the orc. Haruuk buries his maw into the orc's neck, though his jaw isn't quite enough to crush the orc's throat as the two start struggling with each other. With nobody else left to descend down the rope, this left Kasim alone with more orcs coming. He would be overrun very shortly, if he didn't move on.

Laenaia's attempt at magic was far more clear this time, as though Amanda were guiding her hands again like she had before. The shadows wrap around the war chief's chest leaving him in a state of shock and terror as he dropped his weapon and started attempting to rip away the shadows. This gave the princess an opening, which even a novice could take advantage of. She clumsily steps forward and manages to imaple the war chief's chest, sending him falling backward, now bleeding to death as he struggled to breath. The princess then looks at her hands, shaking as she sinks onto her knees and stares at them in horror: She had just taken a life, perhaps a first. Whether it was or wasn't, it still seemed to have a rather traumatic effect on her.

Gabriel is easily able to dispatch his opponent, though the Agent of Wrath lashes out at him next. The angel attempts to block it, only to watch the chain wrap around his arm and cut deeply into it. Gabriel winces as he falls onto one knee, attempting to resist the dark urges that were being commanded to him through the whip. "She'll betray you, just you wait. It's inevitable... You should turn on her first." The Agent of Wrath taunts, only for Gabriel to spit at him. "Never!" Gabriel was, for all tense and purposes, locked down, until someone else could liberate him.

Goran the Dire Wolf remained deadlocked with the Orc he was engaged with, both unable to land any decisive blows, as they both seem more preoccupied with their own survival than anything else.

The Agent of Wrath growls and then howls in frustration. "WHY DO YOU NOT FIGHT BETTER WHEN ANGRY?! You are ORCS! You are FAILING ME! Where are my reinforcements?!"

From behind the Agent of Wrath steps an Orcish Shaman. Before the Agent of Wrath could issue him orders, however, he speaks, in a challenging tone of voice. "The reinforcements on this level of the cavern system have been convinced that your leadership is inferior to that of an Orc. You wish us to die for you? Prove yourself worthy of it. I, Shaman Molkar, challenge you to prove your mettle with what you have remaining to you... Unless you are a coward." The Agent of Wrath starts to scream incoherently, in a tongue that none in the room could understand. He was infuriated by the Shaman, but couldn't do anything, as Gabriel retained a hold over the chain, preventing the Agent of Wrath from regaining control to strike another target.

Zoe sets up her crossbow, having gone unnoticed by the Agent of Wrath in all the chaos. All she needed was a few more seconds of time, and she could likely kill him herself. That left nobody to help Kasim's Dire Wolf, however...

Goblin Holds - Antiqua Scientiam

As the ARGMOC draws all the attention, this leaves Fafnir with a clear and easy ambush on the two Lust Hounds. He is easily able attack one before the two noticed his presence, ripping through it with a clear ease of purpose. The other turns to attack Fafnir, and though Fafnir sustains minor damage, he easily rips through the second lust hound as well, looking all the bloodier for it.

With the two lust hounds out of the way, the imps turn and see Esyllt coming. Panicking immediately at the sight of Venatrix traveling alongside her, the imps immediately scatter rather than remaining to fight. One, however, at least has the sense to light the fuse and fire it aimlessly into the distance, so that Esyllt would be left with having to reload it if she wanted to use it herself.

This left just the Shapeshifter, Doom Guard, and Agent of Pride.

Aslo's bullet from Maeven's musket doesn't quite hit its mark, instead ripping through the flesh and hitting the collarbone of the Doom Guard. It howls in agitation, but isn't stopped from impacting with the ARGMOC. It manages to cut it open as the ARGMOC then steps upon the Doom Guard, crushing it underfoot from its sheer mass. However, in the commotion, the shapeshifter managed to climb up onto the ARGMOC's leg, where the Doom Guard had managed to cut it. The Shapeshifter pulls out his foreign blade, wielding it with an unnatural ease that implied it was more than what it seemed on the surface. He takes a single swing, and finishes cutting through the leg. The ARGMOC then starts tilting, before ending up falling towards the building Aslo was in. The ARGMOC falls onto the building, though doesn't entirely crush it, leaving Aslo intact if he didn't attempt to escape the building.

Inside, as Child gained the spirit of a duelist, the ARGMOC falling over onto its side sends the Agent of Pride, Child, and Unamo falling onto the wall. Maeven howls and screams in pain in the background, grabbing her still intact leg as though it had been cut off along with the leg of the machine.

As Child recovers from the fall, the Agent of Pride climbs atop Child and attempts to pin him. Child, having the spirit of a duelist inside, doesn't allow him to succeed. As the two struggle with each other, Unamo climbs back onto her feet. With her spell casting interrupted, she pulls out her ritual dagger and charges into the Agent of Pride, knocking him off Child. Unamo tumbles over top of Child and the Agent of Pride, and before the Agent of Pride can recover, Unamo swings wildly and impales the Agent of Pride's hand to the wall. "CHILD, NOW! FINISH HIM OFF!" Unamo shouts, as she barely manages to repress her panic.

In all the fighting, the Brave Imp was sent flailing into the wall, where he once again became dazed as he landed head first against it.

As the dust outside the ARGMOC begins to settle, Aslo would notice that the Shapeshifter--Enigma--had vanished in the fighting. He could possibly be in hiding, ready to strike again, or he may have seen how the tides had quickly turned against his masters and chosen to flee instead. Either was a valid possibility.

Kingdom of Tuleria - Unto the Breach

Aëyr's orders are followed to the letter by the Imperial Scouts, who fire at the Doom Guard's face as it charges towards them. It bowls past the rest of the group as the arrows penetrate its skull. Nonetheless, in its last few moments of life, as it falls, it manages to reach out and strike at the Imperial Scouts. Only one managed to have the sense to dive away, as his two compatriots are crushed underneath the mass of one of its large arms. As Aëyr recovers from avoiding the doom guard herself, she manages to fling her stone and hit one of her target's eyes. It turns its attention away from Yuri, slipping past her as she was preoccupied with the other humanoid demon, and charges for Aëyr.

By a sheer act of mercy and luck, the humanoid demon misses its first strike, having lost some of its depth perception. Aëyr, nonetheless, stumbles and falls backward onto the sand. As the demon raises his blade to finish her off, Otto bowls into him violently, impaling the demon upon his large blade and ending its life. As Otto heaves himself up off its corpse, the demon's blade could be seen protruding from his left shoulder, where it had slipped underneath one of his pauldrons. He rips the vicious looking blade out, then spits a little blood out. He was bleeding to death, though he remained on his feet, for now.

Yuri, meanwhile, with only one target left, is able to strike the humanoid demon back with her shield. Before the humanoid demon can retaliate, the remaining Imperial Scout notches an arrow and fires it quickly, hitting the demon in the thigh. Its howl of pain is cut short by Yuri's deft follow-up strike.

As all of this goes on, the Agent of Lust snaps its tail like a whip against the sand. As Quar tells the Magician-Buccaneers to run for the portal, and as Toorg goes into a defensive stance, Arkos charges forth as he had before against the assassin. Underestimating his opponent, the Agent of Lust moved faster than he did, and in a single motion, rammed one of her clawed hands through his chest. He looks down, and for his last few moments of life, he suddenly realized how frail life truly was. The Agent of Lust then tosses his lifeless body aside, and focuses her attention on Quar. "What are you going to do, little boy of the woods?"

Quar, seeing the corpse of Arkos, began to seethe with rage. His staff glowed with a bright green, as his grip on it tightens. "THIS!" He slams his staff into the desert sands, and sends several vines burrowing rapidly through the sands. Though the Agent of Lust manages to evade the first couple, the rest burst out around her and bind her, barely holding her in place. "TOORG, SMASH HER!" He struggles to maintain the spell, feeling himself grow weak at the knees, but otherwise remaining on his feet. "WE JUST HAVE TO BUY A FEW SECONDS TO WIN NOW! COME ON, BIG GUY! HIT HER LIKE A BALL AND SEND HER INTO THE SKIES!"

Liveria - Kasim

Seeing that he was the last one left up above, Kasim hurried over to the hole as he slung his bow over his arm. He'd done what he could to buy time for the others to get down to the real fight, and staying longer would only see him overrun for no real gain. If the orcs started swarming down the rope he could do more good from the bottom, shooting them off the damn thing to fall to their deaths. Their only true hope of getting out of this place alive was to take out the demon that was at the center of this mess, and the best way to do that was to throw everything they had at the thing.

Kasim paused for just a moment to look back at the wolf still struggling with an orc. It didn't take a genius to guess what its fate was, remaining up here with more orcs on their way. Sorry, wolf. I didn't even bother to learn your name, but thanks for the help. Feeling absurdly guilty over the imminent death of an animal that meant nothing to him in the grand scheme of things, Kasim grabbed the rope and endeavored to make his way down as quickly as it was possible to do safely. He intended to get the lay of the land by a look around on his way down, and once he had his feet on the ground he'd ready his bow and fire at the Agent of Wrath, hoping to take it down quickly and end this mess.

Kasim is headed down the rope, wants to try to spot the Agent of Wrath on the way down and take a shot at the thing as soon as possible.

Sonia - Amazons / Imperium​

Holding back a note of frustration at the sight of the captured Imperials Sonia spoke first, "We called for the Imperials because we hoped to spare some death, but you should be more concerned with the demons who got in than the Imperials who helped us out. We might have called for you as well had your assistance been available." It was difficult for her to tell exactly how much of her annoyance was seeping through her speech. Her anger, however, was directed to the Imperials who had proven to be more hindrance than help. The subject of soul gems she purposely left untouched. Perhaps one of her more diplomatic savvy compatriots would find better words to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.