Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goblin Holds​

Child watched in horror as the would be savior of her soul and sanity slumped to the floor. Having payed a heavy price for the power she wielded. She was immedietly at Meavens side to grab the Angel Blood and rushed even faster to the Amazons aid. The souls were shrieking in terror, gnawing at her to run. They had no love for this woman who to them were a tyrant who ripped them for power. To Child however, this woman was her future. "Stay with us." Her voice cracked with panic. She turned her head up to watch the oncoming Ghouls and a dangerous gleam seemed to eminate from her eyes. She one of her hooked blades, a thing meant to render and tear flesh and to pull even a knight to his back. A snarl under that grim, skull themed mask of hers, she hefted the Amazons arms over her shoulder and began to move her a bit further from the fight. Then she'd help Nyla.

Liveria
Xerois, Rayvon, Andrea and Zoe

She felt the dagger in her hands, savoring the ability to actually move her arms again with some degree of agency. Considering what her liberator had said, she reflexively shook her head and thought, "If I blow this now, I'm never getting a second chance." Revenge was tempting, but what she really wanted to do was live. Escape. The fight or flight instinct had never before so strongly urged her to turn tail and run.

Approaching Kraclaw's body, she crouched and searched until she was able to find the key. She stood once the object was in her grasp, working quickly to shed the cuffs once and for all. As the tiefling was about to turn around to pay attention to the other women still in chains, she looked down at the orc's twisted neck and the laughable expression he bore in death and she spat right upon his face with a satisfied grunt. This was all she would allow herself until everyone else was safe.

Working her way down the rows of women, gingerly freeing them and helping them along, she resisted the urge to simply bolt towards the room where her equipment was being held. The strangers still intrigued her, and she felt she owed them a debt of gratitude. She waited, tail flicking impatiently, as two of them conversed, ending it with a hug. The winged one had delivered the killing blow to Kraclaw, and the one who had been healed had fought valiantly in the effort to liberate the slaves. They were interesting, to say the least.

Xerois walked over and caught the woman's attention, keeping a bit of distance, realizing that being approached by a mostly-naked, demon-blooded stranger could be the very last thing she wanted at the moment, "I overheard that you were going to head to the treasury. I was wondering if I may accompany you. I've got some real clothing and a dagger that's just itching for orc blood that I would really like to have back in my possession."

She had gone to meet the freed tiefling, but had stopped and waited, watching as she freed the last of the women. As she finishes, Rayvon readies to approach, but it seemed the demonkin would seek her out as well. At the mention of real clothing, or rather the lackthereof, she averts her gaze and murmurs, "Yes, I was going to lead any who wished to the treasury." She furrows her brow and looks back at the top of the tiefling's head, eyes following curve of her horns until she met her eyes."You freed the others."

Blinking, she looked at the aasimar, the faint glow radiating from her frame being the closest thing she'd seen to pure sunlight in quite some time, and smiled softly, "Of course I did. They weren't gonna help themselves." Rubbing her wrists, she added, "A few of them were here even longer than me. You think I wanted to see them suffer even a minute more?" It felt odd to talk about it as though it was already so far in the past. Her pulse was still pounding. She was absolutely ready to feel the hilt of the Jow dagger once more, "If anyone else will be accompanying us, I can go fetch them." Glancing down, she paused and then corrected herself, "But since they are your allies, it might be best for me not to overstep my bounds."

"You didn't have to, though. We would have freed them had you not. It was not an action I was expecting," she comments, waving Andrea over. As she waits for the drow to come, she stops to think. Despite the one good action of the tiefling, that was not an assurance that she would not turn against them when they were separated from the rest of the group. Even further, it had been some time since they had been been to the treasury, there might be trouble. She addresses to Zoe, "Would you please accompany us to the treasury?"

She had been studying the actions of the tiefling herself for a moment, surprised at her freeing the other women. She was also rather... polite, from the way she talked. When Rayvon motioned her to approached she wrapped herself tighter in the aasimars cloak, pausing briefly to send a last command to her undead minion to hold to its last order to help subdue their prisoner if he proved to be uncooperative. As she approached she nodded to the tiefling, studying her, she had been here a while from the way she talked and acted, but not as long as some of the other women. Perhaps that was something to be thankful for, this tiefling did not seem to be broken in body and mind, which was a good thing. Rayvon did not seem to be certain if the tiefling could be trusted, probably due to said demonblood running clearly through her veins.

Trust did not matter to her right now, what she witnessed the Orcs do... she was fairly certain that this Tiefling was more than happy to kill the Orcs for what they have done to her and that was what mattered right now, now the question of trust was better to be brought back up after they were done with the Orcs here. She inclined her head to the demonblood. "I very much would like some actual clothing as well... and burn these rags the greenskins so 'kindly' provided for us to wear."

The Liverian assassin glances toward Rayvon as she ushered for her assistance. Hesitating momentarily, her eyes turn away towards the orc prisoner, and though her expression was hidden underneath her mask, her hands clenching into solid fists of rage told enough of what she wanted to do. Nonetheless, she ensured that her crossbow was loaded, and then took up the rear guard, motioning the trio of women ahead of herself. "Let's go, and make it quick."

Rayvon looses a short whistle and Haruuk bolts up from her comfortable position, coming to heel at the paladin's side as Rayvon takes up point. "We will be, Zoe. Thank you," she looks between Andrea and the tiefling. "Looks like you're the only two." She nods, "I'll lead the way. We must be swift, but I understand you have been through quite the ordeal and it will have taken its toll on you. Understand this, though... I will protect you both." Her gaze pauses a bit longer on the tiefling, letting that sink in. "If we run into something we cannot handle, I will stave it off as long as I can so you might join the others here."

She looked between the drow and the armored aasimar, and fell in behind the woman who volunteered to lead. "Much appreciated," she said, quickly. Glancing back at the masked woman, she added, "Should we encounter anything like that, I will bring back help. You've done too much for us already." Frankly, she was surprised. The people she tended to associate with would rather stick a knife in your throat than put their lives on the line for you. At that moment, she made a promise to herself. No matter what, she would repay this act if it was the last thing she did. It wouldn't matter how long it would take, or what it would cost, but she wanted to live a life worth this kindness. She might even have considered giving up thieving, had they not be headed right towards untold amounts of orc gold.

She stepped into line besides the tiefling, glancing at the masked woman of little words with the Liverian accent before she looked back to Rayvon. She opened her mouth as if to say something, a quip of some kind in response to Rayvons words but for some reason nothing came to her and she just swallowed, blinking as she looked oddly at the aasimar paladin. She was really offering to... sacrifice her own safety to protects others, all her instincts screamed at her that it was foolish, a threat to one's survival instincts. And yet she had witnessed Rayvon standing in the way of danger several times now... standing in the way of danger to save Andrea even. It made her feel conflicted and odd about certain matters and so she was shocked about herself about what she said next, "My dear... if we encounter something we can't handle, I will rather fight beside you than run away and save my skin..." She widened her eyes for a split second as she realized she had said that out loud and meant it, by Lollth what was wrong with her!? She breathed in deeply and tried to keep even breathing, must be the exhaustion talking, still needing to recover from the imprisonment and casting her magic, yes that must be the explanation for these odd thoughts... or was it?

Xerois coughed lightly and eyed the drow. She had obviously stepped into a rather tense situation. The woman next to her was nearly hyperventilating over a simple remark and she clasped the woman on the shoulder, "I think it's safe to say that we have each others' backs for this venture. But if we don't get moving soon, I'm afraid our hesitation might lose us a member of this team."

Reactions: K3l
Imperium/Amazons~Doctor Gremlock​

Gremlock was shocked when the ceiling of the room suddenly crashed down, creating a considerable pile of dust. Thankfully, Gremlock had been far enough away that none of the rubble had hurt him, though he coughed as he breathed in some dust. Once he had made a self account that he had not been harmed, he looked around, not knowing quite what to do in this situation. A knife had struck Fahim, but he fortunately seemed to be immune to the poison, and he was now pinning down one of the skeletons. The goblin instinctively was about to make a fireball, but remembered the dossier he was given about his friends, and realized that Fahim would be hurting more than the undead if he did that. Looking for options, he observed the area around him, and saw Sonia reaching in, rather clumsily, for the kill on the undead longswordsman.

An idea popped into his head, and he acted on it; he started weaving a spell of a type that he had not used for some time, Fortification. He weaved together threads of magic around Sonia's sword, strengthening it and, in theory, increasing the sharpness of it. Gremlock did not know precisely whether his spell would work or whether it would be terribly effective, but he figured that it would be a good experiment for future reference, if nothing else.

He just had to hope the Agent of Greed did not decide to throw a knife at him while he was doing this.

Esyllt Boudica - Goblin Holds​

The blue lights drowning out Unamo's eyes gave Esyllt the chills. It was as if her soul was bleeding out of them. Unamo had wounded herself in body and spirit. "Quickly, bring her to me." Esyllt asked of Child, as she was already walking to meet halfway. She'd witnessed Child's thirst for blood earlier, and Esyllt knew something had to be gnawing at the strange young woman.

"Go, I'll take care of her." Esyllt reassured Child, taking Unamo of her hands. She too looked outside and saw the battle was far from over. As Esyllt took Unamo in her arms, she took the Angel's Blood off Child's hands as well. Esyllt bit the seal off the vial and let it seep into Unamo's mouth. She softly begged of Unamo to drink, as she tilted the spirit charmer's head up, but Esyllt's exact words were smothered by the violence outside of the room.

With the amazon woman out of death's immediate reach, Esyllt needed to know what the situation was. Activating her telepathy, she reached out to Aslo. "What is the situation outside?" Esyllt asked, as she could only catch glimpses from the battlefield from where she was at that moment.

Last edited:
Kingdom of Renalta - Heart of Madness

As Cennick moves to finish off the Illusory Marcus, he'd find that his adversary had completely recovered from his prior wounds. Though Cennick swung to decapitate him, the tiefling managed to block it with one of his heavily armoured wrists, though he winced at the sheer force of the blow. Cennick's blade bounces back an inch after striking the tiefling's wrist, and before he can recover to strike again, he's kicked back with both of the Illusory Marcus' legs. Before the Illusory Marcus can get to his feet, he notices Dean charging for him. He raises his blade up to try and block an incoming attack before watching as Dean passes him by. The Illusory Marcus attempts to trip him instead, and only partially succeeds, as Dean stumbles, but remains on his feet.

Murderok's crossbow bolt is easily evaded by the robed figure once again, who starts charging another offensive spell and starts aiming it toward the minotaur. Before the robed figure can complete its spell however, it flinches and locks up, shaking as it grabs its head with both hands. "Get out of my head!" It howls as it tries to fight against Zin's spell. Zin herself would feel blood starting to flow freely from her nose, the strength in her legs giving way as her knees would buckle. It seemed her spell was working, and unlike the mage in purple robes, she wasn't holding back.

The Illusory Kouri, notices Dean and attempts to attack, though some of her flames hit the charging minotaur instead. Though his right arm was charred and burned, there was nothing severe, as he managed to bolt through the flames fast enough for it not to matter much. Dean on the other hand manages to evade the attack, and before the Illusory Kouri can change the course of her flames to incinerate the hero of legend, Abjaar's chains slam into her, taking the breath out of her and making her gasp out in pain.

With both of her minions tied up, the mage in purple looks up just in time to see Mikan's attempt to attack her from the side. She manages to step backward in time to evade it, though stumbles, resulting in Murderok's spear ripping and tearing its way through the thin fabric of her robe. The spear tip easily shredded through her torso and out the other end. The robed figure looks up at Murderok as he hefts her in the air. She spits blood on his face, though has no chance at last words as Murderok's kopesh descends across her neck. Her head is sent to the ground, rolling a few feet as the Illusory Kouri & Marcus suddenly turn into piles of dust, just as Dean's Godsplitter is about to hit the Illusory Kouri. It seemed the key to the challenge had been killing the puppet master.

James' voice rings out across the city. "Did you kill Carta already?... Well... That's mildly upsetting. Oh well. I suppose I'll see you in the castle soon." James' voice held no hint of deception, merely disappointment.

As Zin recovers from using all of her magical power for a single spell, she could, for a few moments, hear the sounds of water hitting a shoreline. A feminine voice followed, though it was barely audible, and only she could hear it. "Not yet." Just as quickly as it appeared, the sounds and the voice vanished, leaving Zin all on her own.

Imperium/Amazons - The Dream of Empire

Sonia's attempt to stab the undead through its chin ordinarily wouldn't have worked, as the dagger would have skill had to penetrate the skull and pushing it through slowly made that a fruitless affair. Though, Fahim silently pulls the undead down onto it with his strength, and the dagger manages to shred through the central nervous system into the brain stem. Though it suffers muscle spasms for a few moments, the undead humanoid otherwise falls over in true death. Fahim tosses the body aside and glances back to Gremlock and Sonia, making sure they were still in one piece before grabbing the throwing knife that had previously impaled him and wielding it himself as he starts to move into the slowly dissipating dust cloud. Veira, on the other hand, remains outside--as she still hadn't fully recovered from her immense use of magic earlier.

Meanwhile, within the dust cloud itself, Armerza's attempt at a killing blow is noticed at the last moment by the Agent of Greed, who shrieks as he dives behind his last humanoid minion. The minion turns just in time to be struck by the axehead of the flying dwarf. The axe very easily cleaves its way through the left side of the skull, shredding into brain matter and snapping its neck as its sent straight to the ground, suffering its true death before it even hit the dirty floor. The Agent of Greed cries out and scrambles out of the dust cloud, only to find himself between Fahim and Armerza. He raises both of his skeletal arms into the air, shrieking in panic. "I SURRENDER! I HAVE VALUABLE INFORMATION! SPARE ME!"

Kingdom of Liveria - Ancestral Bonds

As Kasim worms through the memories of the orc, he'd find the resistance stronger than anticipated, giving him added trouble. It had started with memories of the various women the orc had sodomized on the walls, but now it was the orc's imagination as well, throwing detailed images of the princess which Kasim was attempting to woo over. The orc grinned, but it wasn't enough to stop Kasim from eventually acquiring the information he wanted, or at least, as much as the orc knew: The Agent of Wrath had a central chamber in which he communicated with the Nine Hells with some sort of device which the orc did not even remotely understand. The orc was instructed never to enter, but served guard duty a few times at the entrance, and was able to catch onto the fact that there was some kind of command structure in the mortal world among the various agents. The central chamber wasn't far from where they currently were, only a few corridors away and then they'd be right above the room, the entryway being via a rope from the ceiling to the floor.

Whilst Kasim was busy attempting to interrogate the orc through mind reading, Gabriel was busy freeing each of the women chained to the walls. He seemed somewhat disturbed and highly troubled, though given the circumstances, that wasn't an unorthodox response. He motions the women over to Draza, who starts leading them out of the orc camp. Draza alone wouldn't be much protection, but it was all they could spare. Though, before Draza left, Gabriel took her blood vial and pocketed it for himself.

Rayvon, meanwhile, found the treasury room with ease. There was no sign of trouble nearby, though the room still held hints of a corrupting aura. It didn't take long for Zoe to notice it as she glanced at the tiefling with a great deal of distrust. "I'll keep watch out here." She says simply and curtly, showing no love for being dragged away from her objective. "Be quick."

Goblin Holds - Antiqua Scientiam

Daevon's knives struggle to keep up with the ghouls as they move forth at great speed, ending up only catching up to one and maiming it. The knives cut deep, and though the ghoul tries to defend itself, it dies before it can even reach the entrance of the mechanist building the group was held up in. Aslo barely manages to get inside, followed by Nyla, who braces behind her shield right at the door as one of the ghouls impacts with her. She manages to hold the ghouls back for a few seconds, enough time for Maeven to realize that the control panel was just distraction. Finding an innocuous looking switch, she flips it and finds the wall at the back of the room dropping into the floor. What laid behind it was a second room, larger than the one they were in. The walls and floor were covered in the same metallic-reflective material, and the only thing of interest in the room was a staircase that led to a second floor, and a throne made of a dark grey metal. Maeven, and the magically inclined, could hear whispers coming from it, though they couldn't discern what they said.

As the vial of blood reached Unamo's lips, she drank it without hesitation and took a few slow breaths. Glancing between Child and Esyllt, she nods thankfully, and gets back to her feet. Noticing the ghouls at the entrance and the throne in the back, she licks her lips and starts charging a spell. "Maeven, to the throne!" Before Maeven could move, Nyla shouts back in protest. "We don't know what it does yet! Help us fight here! Aslo--" She grits her teeth and stops talking as the ghouls manage to start pushing her back. Fafnir's scream could be heard loud and clear, though it seemed to have no effect on the ghouls as they simply began to crowd and push into the room. One ghoul remains pinned by Nyla, though a second moves to her side to flank her. Another ghoul starts moving for Daevon, and another for Child. One ghoul heads for Maeven, and the last for Venatrix--Essylt's golem, to keep it out of the way.

The imps were close behind, though hesitated at the sound of Fafnir's scream, buying the group at least a little time.

Kingdom of Tuleria - Unto the Breach

Quar looks between everyone as they unanimously agree to Otto's plan. Though somewhat disappointed, he did seem amused that most of them each had their own concern or variation on the plan. He looks at Otto, then looks at the group around themselves. "The underground path sounds smart. Especially if we take Toorg with us, and have our druid friend here attempting to detect when the burrowing creature starts coming for us. We could pop out at the surface then and bolt the rest of the way, making it at least part of the way underground. That, or have Toorg use his immense strength to grab the burrowing creature when it attempts to pop into the tunnel to attack us, and have our mages blast it. Even I could kill it if it was stationary." He then looks at Arkos and shakes his head. "Sorry, I don't really trust you to make an entire sandstorm alone that wouldn't hinder us as much as it would them." Otto grumbles inaudibly something unpleasant about mages, before before he looks around at the group. "We can't debate this all day. Most of you seem fine with my plan, so we're going with my plan. At least two of the Queen's Blades should accompany the smaller group, whether or not you go underground is up to you. The rest of us will take to the field and distract them." He hefts his large two handed blade up onto his shoulder. "I think I will fair much better not accidentally disrupting our own mages anyway, so I'm not going with the smaller group." Without allowing anyone else to interrupt him or change his mind, he whistles for the Tulerians to follow him and starts moving to the left. He leaves the three Tulerian mages behind with the Queen's Blades.

"Rude fellow." Quar says as Otto leaves, looking to the rest of the Queen's Blades. "Well... I guess that settles that. I'll go with the smaller group and I think we should go underground."

The three Imperial Scouts turn to Aeyr for orders on what to do, as they were technically under her command.

Goblin Holds - Aslo

The ghouls could be heard nipping at his heels as he passed into the room. With Fafnir's roar and a quiet voice inside his head that sounded all too similar to Esyllt, Aslo was amazed to find that he could put together a coherent thought. The fact that Esyllt could worm her way into Aslo's mind was disconcerting, that discussion would have to wait it would seem as the Ghouls forced themselves past Nyla and chose targets. It was odd to find that none of them had chosen to come after him, but he was hardly about to complain. A quick response to Esyllt sprung to his mind, and while unsure how this kind of communication worked, he put it out to the woman. "Situation has moved itself inside. Help Daevon dispatch that Ghoul."

Mind racing, Aslo took in the scene around him once again. The console had proven more or less useless in the long run, unveiling a previously hidden room housing a staircase and a metallic throne. Aslo's patience for Mechanist relics was thinning more and more. As Unamo urged Maeven to the throne, Aslo's anger sparked. "We need her in the fight at the moment! Too risky while the enemy is inside, let's clear the Ghouls then fiddle with this cryptic bullshit."

With that said he set himself into motion. Drawing his short sword in one hand and his knife in the other he moved in behind the Ghoul flanking Nyla as quickly and quietly as the situation allowed. With the speed that these creatures moved Aslo didn't trust committing to an overly elaborate attack. No, a simple stab through the chest followed by planting his knife firmly into the ghoul's head should suffice.

Renalta - Dean
Ash. All remained of his targets was ash, and to him it was as it should be. A steely gaze towards the castle, and Dean was resolved. James was going to die, and Dean would deal the blow. He didn't waste words on shouting it at the illusionist. James knew well enough what Dean's intentions here were.

Instead he looked towards the Blades, a general nod of approval towards their performance. To have called it organized would be a flat out lie, even to call it a success would be a mockery of those they lost. At least now progress could be made.

Dean stole a look towards one of the quieter members of this party. He hadn't immediately noticed her when he arrived, and he wasn't sure that he saw her battling anyone during the fight. However from looking at her she displayed several signs that Dean noticed mages having suffered from after expending too much power. He tore a strip of his cloth skirting and walked over to her.

Offering the ragged bit of cloth to her with a mild kind of smile he spoke softly "Here, might want to clean that up." he said gesturing to his own nose. "We've still a ways to go, and I assume I have you to thank for getting me back into fighting shape."

Amazons - Sonia
"Thank you darling," Sonia praised coolly as she retrieved the dagger from the corpse with some effort. When the Agent surrendered she didn't give the plea any consideration, rather her focused appeared elsewhere. With the fighting apparently over she was looking down at her clothes, visibly distraught. She had gone through considerable effort to keep herself clean during the trek through the dank jungle and apart from her gloves she had been mindful of staying as immaculate as possible. Now her outfit was caked in dust and splattered with blood. Vainly she tried to shake some of the dust out but gave up in defeat when it proved fruitless. She removed her ruined gloves and threw them aside, disgusted at how sweaty her palms had gotten and the dirt which had wormed it's way between the leather and her skin. With what remained in her waterskin she washed her hands clean and proceeded to retie her hair, which had become a loose, grimy mess. As she did so she examined the rubble beneath them, appearing to consider something.

"At least the thief got a burial," she stated coldly before looking up to the hole that had been made in the ceiling. "Kill the monster and let's move on," she hadn't taken her eyes off the gap in the ceiling and sounded utterly uninterested in the cretin's plea. Now she looked to and addressed Armerza, "Or take his hands if you want to keep him. I don't feel comfortable letting him live." She examined the skeletal figure from head to toe with scornful eyes, "at least not whole."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough in The Heart of Madness

Cennick reeled back with the force of the tiefling's kick, sputtering half-formed curses in between wheezing coughs as he attempted to regain his breath. This Marcus was definitely no pushover and the sheriff couldn't help but wonder who he was in life. If only to know how he died so Cen could have a pointer or two on how to actually finish the big bastard off. No matter really, he felt he was doing his part in keeping the brute occupied, however infuriating the whole thing was. He pressed on, preparing for another go at the illusion when it simply disintegrated. At first confused, Cen looked to see the robed mage thoroughly impaled and beheaded by his bull-headed companion. Further proving to Cen that the minotaur really should have stuck with close combat weapons this entire time.

The adrenaline of combat drained from Cen, anger and fury replaced again by mild misery and guilt. He glanced over the remaining Blades, aside from some flesh wounds and a little charring here and there they seemed for the most part intact. Until he laid his eyes on Erik.

Kicking the dust of the once-Marcus, Cen approached the Rheinfelder and knelt down at his side. It had always astounded him, how quickly death renders individuals unrecognizable. Not minutes ago he was a walking, talking human being, making quips and talking about his family. Now he was little more than a pile of cold meat and hair, a pale imitation of the man that once was. The sheriff closed his eyes and cleared his throat, "Tut mir leid, Bruder , ich hatte gehofft, wir würden zu bekommen , um einander besser kennen zu lernen , aber es scheint, dass wird warten müssen . Ich schwöre , dass Ihre Familie wissen, dass Sie ein Held , mutig Recht starben bis zum Ende. Ich versichere dies , auch wenn ich nicht persönlich die Nachricht zuzustellen. Jetzt ruhen auch Erik , sehen Sie Ihren Sohn früh genug." ("I'm sorry brother, I was hoping we would get to know eachother better, but it seems like that will have to wait. I swear that your family will know you died a hero, brave right until the end. I assure this, even if I cannot personally deliver the message. Now rest well Erik, you'll see your son soon enough.") He futilely hoped none of his companions were fluent in Rheinfelder, as he almost assuredly butchered the language. He spotted the flute on his former-companion's belt. Erik had seemed fairly protective of the instrument and Cen guessed it held some sort importance. He slid the flute from it's holster and carefully placed it in his pack.

He sighed and stood up, eyes still lingering on Erik's corpse. "Best we get a move on, the sooner this whole black business is over the better."

CHILD - GOBLIN HOLDS

"Hear me Spirits... It is time you SERVE" she spoke under her breath as she reached in to mealstrom once more and tugged from it a spirit that pulsed of violence. Childs eyes narrowed beneath her mask as the ghoul rushed towards her with only one thing on it's mind. With U taken care off, she could focus on her attacker. Her stance widened aand her posture sank. Her second blade was unhooked slowly from its leather holster as she put some weight on her lower leg. Raising one blade up, holding it pointed at the Ghoul, she moved herself. Springing forward, her eyes shifted from the ghouls face to its shoulders, looking for the telltale shift in weight of a slashing motion. Her blades gleaming, she went for upwards slash of her first blade, towards whatever arm came for he first, then followed with her second blade in attempt to sink her blade into the creatures shoulder, below the neck. Then dove away to avoid any follow up. Rolling to her feet, she prepared to strike again if need be.

Murderok - Heart of Madness

Murd took the severed head by the hair and tied it onto his belt so that the dead woman's head hung off the front of his codpiece like some form of grisly trophy. Sheathing the Khopesh and returning the spear to his back he went back over to Manbreaker and carefully replaced the firing equipment and loaded it with a beheader bolt. "Grisly work that." He remarked while the trophy bounced suggestively between his legs. He looked at Ericks body and snorted.

He scratched where the false Kouri's flames had washed over him for a moment. "So, we going to go capture or kill this wretched excuse for a human being so we can sodomise him with a pike and leave it over the capital's gates for all to see?"

Daevon - Antiqua Scientam

His blades sang but the Ghouls were fast and agile it seemed. Instead of a slashing swarm Daevon stopped the pirahna school swarm tactics and changed for another simpler tactic. Instead of a smashing swarm the blades now began diving in like sea-birds darting into the sea to spear a fish for dinner. Stabbing might work better than slashing. As he concentrated on this he spent just enough mental energy to also concentrate on drifting back towards the second room. The door was open. "Maeven. Get to the console now! Ignore the others, we need YOU occupying it before one of these stains on reality get past us and use it instead!"

Kingdom of Liveria – Ancestral Bonds
Rayvon Krayvitch

She nods to Zoe and points to the ground beside her, directing Haruuk, "Wächter." ("Guard.") The wolf flicks its ears and settles near to Zoe as Rayvon turns to the other two women, "The corrupting aura is still here. I can afford some protection, but we must be swift. Gather your gear, then return to this hallway. Equip what you need to here, not in there. We must limit your exposure." In the back of her mind she adds, 'And my own.' She looks to them for understanding before nodding, "Come. Stay close."

She stays vigilant and watchful, a ward against the corruption in the room as she waits for the women to gather their things. She tries to look calm and stoic on the surface but guilt pressed upon her to be back in this room. The sword was a leaden weight at her side. The corrupting presence seared upon her senses and pressed on. She worried what it might do to the others. "Hurry now, the others are waiting for us." Blame it on the others, she told herself. Not that the demonic source made her nervous. Not that her guilt crushed her. Not that every moment that passed they might be discovered by orcs. As soon as they were finished, she would leave the room with them. She would guard as they equipped themselves. When they were done, she would head back and they would reunite with the group. That was the plan. For now, she prayed under her breath to ward off the evil and that they would be well.

• Divine Martyr (Rank I): Natural resistances to Unholy and Corruption effects. At the expense of exposing herself to a degree of the corruption, she can purify an individual.
  • Celestial Repose (Rank II): Rayvon now has a cleansing aura. All things within the area are less prone to the effects of corruption. She herself now naturally cleanses corruption of herself over time.

Kingdom of Tuleria – Unto the Breach
Arkos Cernunnos

Arkos glowers from behind his mask but quickly turns his gaze away, jaw set. He was quickly growing unimpressed with the other nature caster. He knew not how to aptly defend himself with his magic, letting the assassin through when they ought to have had the advantage. Now he apparently underestimated the talent of his fellow mages. Surely conjuring a massive storm would be beyond him, but to limit a nonhostile spell to an area just to aggravate them would be a simple enough matter. How much harder could it be than shifting deadly boulders several times over out from the ground. Leave alone quite literally tunneling several hundred meters underneath the sand through magical means. He finds the vein at his forehead popping and pulsating in his frustration. It was lucky that much of his face was concealed with a skull mask. "Very well. Let us go with your plan of tunneling even further under the desert. I am sure we will not run into another enemy patrol this time. Only the burrowing beast. Very well. I will accompany the tunneling group, to forewarn when it comes. Whoever all survives will all meet at the portal." With that said, he moves to organize the group that would go underground, weaving a subtle spell to sense the vibrations through the earth that would tip him to large shifts through the sand.

The Goblin Holds – Antiqua Scientiam
Maeven Lucre

She looks back to the opening wall and catches sight of Unamo recovering. Relief floods her but soon begins to dissipate as she sees the scene begin to unfold. Commands begin to meet her ears. Some contradicting. She knew what needed to be done, though. She draws her gun: if a ghoul reached her, she would unload lead. She cries out, "Faf, you hunk of scrap! Help!" The dragon looses a plume of steam and rears on his feet, turning and snapping his jaws at the ghoul that had went after its mistress. with its hind legs it kicks out at another ghoul. Maeven, meanwhile makes a mad dash for the throne to seat herself upon it.

Golem - A mortal spirit capable of powering intermediate constructs. In a weapon, it tends to add more knockback.
Short Barrel: Faster reload
[/hr][/hr]

Abjaar Korsair - Renalta - Heart of Darkness

With the battle over, Abjaar took a moment to glance over at the body of Erik. He frowned at the dead man, sad to see him gone. Without any time to waste, Abjaar reached down to his boot, grabbing his knife and then retrieving the vial that had housed the ancestral blood before. He had grabbed a canteen of water, swirling out any remnants of the old blood and tipping it onto the floor before he lightly nicked his thumb. He let the blood run into the vial, half filling it before he topped it with the lid. He flicked off the last little dregs of blood from his thumb, and walked over to Zin, who had noticed was bleeding from the nose.

"Thank you for your hard work. Take this...or don't. The choice is yours of course." He offered the small vial of blood to the vampire, feeling somewhat awkward in the giving. Abjaar did not enjoy having to try and thank the woman for a number of reasons, but his convictions would always trump some awkward, unimportant tension. The giving of blood would be enough to satisfy his debt to the woman.

Slinging his Axe over his shoulder, the slaver grunted at the sudden pain in his chest. In all the chaos of the battle, and the adrenaline that followed, he had forgotten about his ribs. He sighed at the pitiable nature of his wound...Today would not be a heroic story to tell of later. He waited for the whole group to be ready to move into James' inner sanctum, aware that the next challenge was likely going to be equally tough. "Hopefully, with less magical horseshit. Just give me something I can bash; or banished gods forbid, talk to."

Last edited by a moderator:
Armerza and the Agent of Greed - Amazon/Imperium

From the dense cloud of dust, Armerza strides the axe rearing back, in preparation to take the Agent's head before it squealed for surrender. She hesitates for a moment, her face cold through the lens of the helm, "What cowardice is this?! Speak fast, and move nothing else, or I will find your mother, and see if she recognizes your taste."

The Agent of Greed cackles and stares at Armerza with his empty eye sockets. "I know who, how, and when the crown-prince of Liveria will die!"

Snarling in defiance, she called his bluff, "Lies! All you seek is to delay us so your two other maggots can ambush us!" She flicked her eyes up to Sonia, hopefully getting the point across that they still needed to be alert.

"Really?" The Agent of Greed replies skeptically. "If I still had two minions, do you really think I'd use myself as bait? I'm the most important one there is! You buried my pretty play things I was going to barter off to Lust. Prick."

Armerza moved swiftly, bringing the weighted heft of the axe head down, hard, but with a different target than the Agent's head, rather she targeted his right arm, believing it to be his dominant hand. With ease, Armerza is able to cut off the Agent's arm in a single swing. The Agent, rather than crying out in agony, looks down at it and blinks. "How rude!" He says with irritation.

Ignoring his comment as she slips her axe into the ring at her waist to hold it, she stooped to pick up the fallen arm, looking at it dispassionately, she looks back to the Agent. "You will get it back, after you tell us everything. Unsheathing her dagger, she stepped forth to cut away anything that bore weapons, or anything that even remotely looked magical.

The Agent of Greed shakes his head in disagreement, though makes no resistant towards her disarming him. "Right. Sure. Tell you everything. Then what do I have to barter? Nothing. Nothing at all. Does the word GREED mean anything to you?"

She slaps him weakly with his own arm, before looking up and into his eyes, and simply retorts, "Does it look like I care?" She looked past the Agent, to the remaining members of the Blades, "Restrain this filth if it tries anything. Also, did anyone see where Minstrol fell?"

"Oooh, I know!" The Agent of Greed speaks with an elevated, amused tone. "She fell somewhere behind the pile of dirt you dropped on my minions! A shame really. Broken neck n' all. Broken products don't sell well where I come from."

• Love
Aëyr
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

Sensing some of the tension in her companion's words, the selkie quickly gathered the four scouts to her side. "We shall aid the larger group." As she moved to follow Otto's men, she quickly explained her intentions. They would stick close to the rear of the troops, so as to remain in reach in case they needed their own impromptu back-up. Seeing as they would be forming the primary ranged force here, their first priority would be to take out the flying creatures—and as such, they should hold close together, to make of themselves a more dangerous target in case one of the creatures attempted to pick them off from above.

Leaving the others behind, Aëyr muttered a quick "Good luck," unwilling to look back.[/hr]

Last edited:
Liveria - Ancestral Bond
Laenaia listened to Kasim's result of interrogating the orc and his thought over it.

"A communication device huh?" She muttered. "Should we try to recover it? It might be worthwhile to look into."

She looked towards the escaping captives and considered using them as a distraction to bait the orcs away from the Central Chambers while they dealt with the Agent. She put it away later as a horrible idea for several reasons, the very least of which was that they would make poor distraction. The entrance is above the chamber, however, which meant Gabriel could pull a surprise attack since he's capable of flight. Unless the agent was paranoid enough to have the entrance rigged with traps. Which meant they'll need the layout of the chamber before they could figure out a working plan anyway.

Protector Yuri
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

"Good luck," Yuri said, giving Arkos a small nod. She had heard the annoyance in his voice at having his plan rejected. There was definitely a measure of pride with that one; but it wasn't something that could be addressed at the time. If it could be addressed at all; Yuri was quickly learning there was a near over abundance of individual agency within the Blades. A dozen conflicting ideas and twice as many conflicting actions.

At first she had tried to act as an impromptu leader, but her first plan had only been partially accepted - resulting in Filomena's death and Quar's close call - and the second accepted with some changes and animosity between members. Perhaps it was the nature of the Blades, everyone brought in for their special talents, all confident in their own skills. To try and assert herself as a leader would only add another clash of wills to the pile.

At the very least, Yuri was realizing that if there was someone who could bring all these opposing skillsets and minds together, it wouldn't be her. She was too used to being part of a group of like minded individuals; able to align their instincts to a single course of action with little to no words. Just knowing people's strengths wasn't enough; one would have to know their intents and goals before they could create a unified unit.

It was time to take a more reserved place in the hierarchy. Yuri began jogging after the larger group, coming up alongside Aeyr. "Would you prefer I defend you and the scouts, or join the front line?"

The selkie turned to greet the amazonian warrior-healer, a modicum of shock registering on her face at the woman's deference to her. "I—you—" she stammered, for a moment, before resigning herself to the role. "Though I cannot predict the eventualities of the battle, we would be most grateful to have your blade at our side."

Yuri gave a small smile. "Then you'll have it."

Esyllt Boudica - Goblin Holds​

As Aslo spoke into Esyllt's mind, his very words unfolded in front of her. Ghouls wormed their selves through the openings and wasted no time dispersing to target all of the blades. Esyllt was about to order the Venatrix to go to Daevon's side, when a ghoul jumped on the golem. Before she could command it to assist the mage, the Venatrix would have to drive her spear through the demon servant.

Unamo, began to cast another spell. "What are you doing?" Esyllt questioned the amazon with wide-spurred eyes. Unamo had almost died on her mere seconds ago. Though she was no longer on death's doorstep, Unamo still looked exhausted, yet without intention to stop fighting. With no time to argue, Esyllt surveyed the area. Both Maeven and Daevon were moving to the back and Unamo would likely be in trouble after she casted yet another spell. Esyllt could not protect Unamo from herself, but she could do something about the

"Aslo, Child, a second room opened up. We're retreating to it. Don't let them split us up." Esyllt's voice would chime through her comrades heads, as she took hold of Unamo and picked her up.

"If you must do this, concentrate only on your spell." Esyllt told the amazon, as she would carry her to rendezvous with the others. "Leave the running to me."

Liveria - Kasim and Helénē Collab

Once he'd gotten the information he wanted, Kasim pulled away from the orc with a disgusted grimace on his face. The actual recollections had been bad, but the thoughts about Helénē had been even worse. The orc's depravity was almost enough to ruin the idea of sex entirely. Almost.

Seeing the prisoners on their way out, Kasim called to Gabriel. "Keep an eye on our prisoner for a minute please, and gut him if he tries anything. I've got the information we need, but feel free to interrogate him if you like." With that said he looked to Helénē and had to work to suppress the orc's vile images from springing up in his mind. Though he tried to control his expression, Kasim knew he probably wasn't able to hide all of the worry and agitation he was feeling. He offered the princess his hand and as much of a smile as he could manage and gestured off away from the tied up orc and the corpses about the room. "Seems like we have a little time while the others ransack the treasury. I... There are a couple things I wanted to tell you before we go and fight the demon."

Helénē was rubbing her arms, feeling chilled inside the unwelcoming cavern system. As Kasim walks over to her, she smiles a little and nods, indicating that he could speak despite her keeping to herself. She sits down by a wall, and glances to see Gabriel keeping an equally silent vigil over the orc several feet away. There was fear in her eyes, a real sort of gripping fear, though she kept it under control for now.

Kasim cleared his throat a couple times before finally working up some words. "I, uh, the orc... His thoughts were..." Kasim shook his head and started from another angle. "I've never really been worried about a fight before today. I just.. assumed, I guess, that everything would turn out fine. Now though?" He took a deep breath, looking round the chamber uncomfortably for a moment before continuing. "I'm not enough of a romantic to call it love at this point, but, well, I once heard someone say that you never really know fear until you find something you don't want to lose. Never understood it before, but now I think I do. Some things are more important than feelings though, and..." Kasim trailed off again, wishing he could say what he needed to say without making Helénē's obvious fear even worse.

A thought struck him, a way to maybe get her in a slightly more pleasant frame of mind before telling her what he'd learned from Sarah Darkhammer, but it made him feel like a bastard to do it. Kasim knew he manipulated people for his own gain all the time, but doing it to Helénē felt taboo somehow. "Well, actually, before I get into that, I have something for you." Kasim dug a hand into his bag and pulled out the silver armband that Darkhammer had instructed him to give to the princess as a favor in return for her information. He offered it to Helénē with as much of a grin as he could muster. "I was going to wait until after we were done here, but, well, the other ladies all went off to get some goodies from that treasure room and I don't see any reason why you should be left out. It's not very fancy, but maybe it'll carry some extra value as a token of my affection."

Helénē looks up at the gift with surprise in her eyes. With a little hesitation, she nervously gets to her feet and accepts the gift, bowing her head respectfully as she looks the armband over. With a small smile and the hints of a blush on her cheeks, she looks Kasim eye to eye for a moment, greatfully, before looking it over once more. "Where did you get this?" She asks, though her tone was quiet, almost hushed.

Kasim's shaky grin slid into something more natural upon seeing Helénē's pleased reaction. He wished she hadn't inquired after its provenance, but he'd heard that the best lies were only a few steps away from the truth, so he decided to give it a try. "Renalta, the same night as the ball in fact. I met someone who trades in interesting bits and baubles and struck a deal for that armband. I wasn't entirely sure about it at first, but..." He shrugged. "I'm glad you like it, though I admit I'm a little surprised. You seem... If I had to pick a word, I think 'awed' would cover it." Kasim cocked an eyebrow at her, adding an unspoken question to the statement.

Though she continued to look over the armband, her eyes flirt up to Kasim the moment he raised an eyebrow. Though hesitant, she starts putting the armband on around her upper left arm as she replies to the unspoken question. "My mother used to wear an armband just like this... It's eerily similar, but something doesn't quite seem right about it, so it can't be the same one." The armband clicks into place, and she pats her upper arm, rubbing a thumb over it. "I... Thank you, Kasim." She whispers as she looks at him, smiling warmly. It was readily apparent that she was starting to trust him as she took a few steps closer to look him eye to eye: Not as a member of royalty, but with hints of fear still in the back of her eyes. "Now..." She takes a deep breath, and whispers softly. "We just have to survive... Then we can speak more seriously of gifts, and... The future."

"Oh, I had no... You're welcome." Kasim met her eyes, suppressing his own doubts and fears as best he could manage. He was tempted to lean in for a kiss, to capitalize on this strangely intimate moment in the orc lair, but the new version of his old refrain ran through his mind: What would a true king do? Though he was loathe to bring up dark tidings after the armband turned out to be such a touching gift, courtesy of Sarah Darkhammer apparently knowing how to play people like a fiddle, he knew it had to be done now.

"Ah, about that future and survival, there's... There's something that can't wait until later. I learned some things recently, which I've already told Crown Prince Xavier, but..." Kasim swallowed hard and glanced over toward Gabriel and lowering his voice to make sure the angel could not easily overhear. "Just in case anything happens to me, you need to know. Deserve to know, even. There's.. a plot. Demons are trying to corrupt Liveria. They're trying to isolate your father, turn him against other nations, but if that fails they'll probably kill him. He's got some kind of adviser, probably a woman, and she's a demonic agent in disguise. They planned to kill you, to drive your father into isolation and madness, and they might still be aiming to do so. The orcs are almost just a distraction from the real attack, a light punch to knock Liveria off balance for the real swing coming later." He sighed heavily, shaking his head. "I hate to burden you with this just before we go into another fight, but this is too big to let feelings take priority, bigger than us and any future we might have. I don't think either of us are about to throw our lives away, but, you know, just in case. Someone free of demonic influence has to know and make it out of here today, that's all."

The princess looked upset by the revelation, but retained her composure as she wrapped her arms around herself tightly. "Thank you, but... Where did you learn this? From who?" She asks, suspicious of who could know such things.

"Ah, yes, I suppose you would be curious about that." Kasim scratched at his chin, forcing himself not to look away from her as that would just make him look shifty. "I'm tempted to tell you it's better if you don't know, but I'm not quite sure that's true. She told me that if I mentioned her name to Xavier as the source of information that I wouldn't leave the room alive, and at the time I thought that meant she'd kill me, but perhaps I misinterpreted it. Either way, she said nothing about not telling any others, and I hope you'll keep the name out of your father's ears for the sake of my well being."

He didn't wait for any response to that, because he knew he'd tell her either way. As much as he wanted to hide the truth, he felt that it would be wrong to do so with such an important matter. "I got this information from Sarah Darkhammer. It came in the form of a vision of two demonic agents talking to one another about this plan, one apparently being the agent of Wrath we're here to kill and other other a creature of Envy that is disguised as your father's adviser. She spied on them with magic and showed me what she had seen. I paid her well for the information, and I'm convinced that it's good."

The Liverian Princess merely stood in silence, as it seemed to take a few moments for the whole affair to settle into her mind. It seemed there was little more to add on the matter to her, as she nodded in respect. "I know not what price you have paid for this information, as I doubt coin alone would settle her, but I thank you nonetheless for this information... Though, in earnest, I am not certain how I can use it without informing my father."

Kasim took a moment to think about it, then nodded. "Do whatever you need to do. If that causes me trouble, well, I did just say this was bigger than our wants." He flashed her a quick grin. "Luckily for me, right now I can give in to my wants, and they're telling me to stop being serious and get back to being dashing and charming and heroic. Would m'lady care to join me on a demon slaying quest?" It wasn't his best ever attempt at breaking tension, but Kasim felt he may have salvaged it by performing an extravagant bow and offering the princess his hand with a grandly exaggerated flourish.

Helénē smiles warmly and nods, having little else to say but to accept his attempt to keep her steady, though she still seemed quite nervous.

After having been worried that admitting ties to Sarah Darkhammer would ruin his standing in her eyes, Kasim was greatly relieved to see that smile. He worked to maintain a frankly comical demeanor of cocky heroism, an attempt to both to amuse her and to distract himself from his own woes. There wasn't much more to do until the others got back from raiding the treasury horde, but when they did he would share all the useful information he learned from the orc interrogation: the nearby location of the central chamber, the entry via a rope down to the room, the chance of guards being on duty, the communication device, and the existence of a command structure among the demonic agents in the mortal world. It wasn't a lot to go on, but better a little information than none at all.

Renalta - Zin

Zin sat and stared blankly as she breathed deeply, recovering and thinking things through. She'd thrown caution and morals to the wind, tried her hardest to make that enemy mage feel main and torment, and instead of paying for it with her life she'd come out injured, but... That voice. It reminded Zin of some stories she'd learned as a young girl, about gods speaking to mortals. The gods were banished, of course, but she had no other way to describe it. Had the being, whatever it was, saved her from burning herself out by exceeding her limits? Had it perhaps approved of her actions, her straying steps off the path of pacifism?

She was shaken from her thoughts by Dean, offering her a piece of cloth and speaking to her. It took Zin a moment to recall what he had said. "Yes, that was me. No thanks necessary, but you are welcome nonetheless." She looked at the cloth in confusion for a moment, then realized the lower half of her face and some of her chest felt sticky, then recalled the nose bleed caused by the magical exertion. Taking the offered cloth, Zin smiled and gave Dean an appreciative nod. Thanks. I'd offer to return it, but, well." She shrugged and did what she could to wipe away some of the blood from her face, silently wishing she could just have a bath instead.

After getting herself cleaned up a little, Zin stood and found herself still rather unsteady. She felt a need for sustenance, that vampiric need for blood that she never liked to think about. As Zin looked round for something to distract herself, as she usually did in times like these until she could deal with it in a reasonable fashion, her eyes fell on Eric's corpse. She looked away quickly, not wanting to think about him and her hunger and his blood and... Luckily she spotted the corpse of the mage she'd tortured through illusions, still stuck on Murderok's spear. She knew blood from something recently dead could work just fine, and the enemy mage certainly wasn't going to need it any more, plus it was far better than the alternative sources of blood, so there was no reason not to go ahead and make sure she was nice and ready for the inevitable next fight.

Just as Zin was getting ready to walk over there and get to the gruesome task of feeding on the corpse, Abjaar surprised her with an offering of his own blood. She took the vial and stared at the contents, thinking it over. It did not take long: it would be quite rude to let the man's blood go to waste after he wounded himself to offer it, she felt she could not really claim any moral superiority over the slaver any more so it would be foolish to treat him as a lesser being now, and most importantly she needed the blood. "Thank you, Abjaar." Zin drank the blood without any pomp or ceremony, getting it done like someone else would drink water. When it was gone she tossed the vial aside and made her way over to the others, saying nothing more but ready to join them for the next battle and more killing.

• Love
Kingdom of Liveria – Ancestral Bonds
Andrea Llolth'Allin

As they travelled to the treasury where supposedly her equipment and that of the Tiefling where located she glanced a few times at woman not known to her also accompanying, there seemed something vaguely familiar about her but she put it off her as they had arrived and listened to Rayvon about the corrupting aura present inside. Having understood that the three of them went inside and she actually hurried to find her things, finding her belongings as quick as she could, aided by her lovelies as they tasted the air with their tongues excitedly and guided her to a pile that had her clothes and other items scattered nearby.

She just picked them up, intending to put her clothes on outside, away from the Aura Rayvon was keeping at bay. The last item she picked up was her spell tome, noticing the soul gem fixed upon the front glowing bright and she also sensed the menace coming from it, which made her chuckle. "Ah, feeling rebellious are we..." She purred as she picked it up and staggered at a flash of pain and a enraged voice shouting in her mind. Dos! Dos elg'caress, el! Usstan orn elgg dos! She gritted her teeth and lashed back with a mental spike, feeling satisfaction and a sadistic glee as she heard the voice scream in pain and quiet down. "Good, remember who your mistress is now..." She whispered as she gathered all her belongings and went back to Rayvon and out to put her things back on and finally get out those rags the Orcs provided. She traced idly over the cloak Rayvon had given her to cover herself up... she might keep the cloak though, assuming Rayvon let her.

She then glanced off in the distance, she had her gear back but Huil, her spider companion was still missing...

Imperium/Amazons~Doctor Gremlock

When the dagger plunged into the minion's throat, Gremlock was actually rather disappointed. Yes, the minion had been killed and that was always a good thing, but he could not tell whether the spell had any effect at all on the dagger. He was then surprised when the Agent of Greed just decided to give up. Were demons even supposed to give up like that? The goblin was about to say to just take down the demon and get rid of the risk of getting backstabbed deeper in the dungeon, but then the demon belted out something about the Crown Prince's inevitable demise. Liveria's Crown Prince?

He contemplated on the implications of this. On the one hand, if the demon was telling the truth, this would be some rather important information to have for the Queen's Blades. On the other though, there was a better than even chance the demon was just lying to try and get out of dying, or at least wouldn't give the whole story. Even worse, there was rather little chance they would be able to escort him all the way to Renalta without him screwing something up along the way. Despite thinking about it for some time, Gremlock simply could not come up with a good solution...for now at least.

Amerza had tried to glean some information out of the demon, but apparently had rather little success. This demon had wanted something in return. Made sense, considering it was a demon of greed. Gremlock briefly thought about offering him gold to tell them about the assassination at least, but decided against it. The demon probably had enough sense to know you cannot do anything with gold if you do not live to tell about it. The information was going to have to wait for now he decided. Quietly, he got out his rifle, and scoped out the area, trying to make sure the group did not get ambushed. He was willing to put a bullet in one of the minions if they survived, but was mostly just waiting for the group to move along to the next area.

Status
Not open for further replies.